Chatbox
Rumi
11:16:04 
So ima go bye-
Rumi
11:15:58 
I have so many wolfs i need to train
But ima have to wait till i get my commission payment, which i should probably go finish the peice so i can get that as soon as possible
BraveHeart
11:14:56 Tea Spirits
Back ^~^
Dystopia Wolves
11:13:37 Dystopia, Bad Future
Spoons
that sounds painful! Are you OKay?
Spoons
11:11:36 Le Spoon
I just twisted my knee the wrong way
Rumi
11:09:39 
Mornin tech
lifeisnotUwU
11:09:25 practice 40 hours
@crimson
Pain:tm:.

i suggest you practice inhaling raw ginger. you'll become as much of a god as i.
Crimson Cloud Pack
11:08:38 He/Him
Life
Real ginger makes me sick, I can't do it
technoblade
11:08:22 Techno | Texhno
Mornin chat
lifeisnotUwU
11:07:20 practice 40 hours
@crimson
'course not. ginger ale is the weak, unemployed second twice removed cousin of ginger.

raw ginger, on the other hand, CAN solve anything.

eat raw ginger. lather yourself in raw ginger. bathe in raw ginger. worship raw ginger. your life will become A+++.
Lazy Kingdom
11:07:11 Crazy Cat Lady
Hello hello, Im looking for NEW Rp Partners!

I am literate, respond with 800-2000+ Words, I am up to RP anything right now! I am also comfortable playing any gender and good with any gender pairing.

Please PM me if you are interested <3
Crimson Cloud Pack
11:06:20 He/Him
I am learning that not everything can be solved with ginger ale :,I
lifeisnotUwU
11:05:22 practice 40 hours
y'all, praise me, i was productive today.
teddy
11:01:51 its yellow
big wolf
you get them when you retire a wolf. one per wolf :) you can use the min bidoos shop to buy things!
The Big Wolf Pack
10:58:56 
What the bone things next to the mushrooms?
Rumi
10:57:32 
Jumping

Well then theres no point trying to seel them ^^'
Just going to have to keep whatever good ones from my own to myself >.>
teddy
10:56:21 its yellow
You spy 4 Leopards.

ewwwww
Jumping Wolves
10:56:08 
I bought a 59 talent for 50 mush..
Rumi
10:55:50 
Well that sounds super fun :')
Lazy Kingdom
10:54:34 Crazy Cat Lady
Rumi, I would have to check but I dunno. With the market I would say they are probably cheap too.

Refresh

You must be a registered member for more
than 1 day before you can use our chatbox.
Quests
Alliance Battles
Challenges
Hourly Damage Variances
Alligator : +4
Water Moccasin : -4
Snapping Turtle : +3
   Season:  Winter  Month: 1  Weather:  Light Snow  Moon: 
   Time Of Day:  Night Explore In: Now 

Forums

Wolf Play is a fun game! Sign Up Now!

My Subscriptions
My Bookmarks
My Topics
Latest Topics
Following
Forums > Artwork
  1  2

Tracing and Heavy Referencing December 16, 2017 01:20 PM

Vennenum
Game Moderator
Darkseeker
 
Posts: 4993
#400894
Give Award
Didn't think we actually needed a topic for this, but...
Taking an image and drawing over it is not allowed on Wolfplay. And claiming it as your own art will put you in hot water. Tracing over images in books/magazines/comics etc is also not allowed. If you are found to be doing this, your image will be removed. If you continue, your ability to upload avatars or use the forums will be disabled.
The same goes for heavy referencing. You should only be referencing the pose and adapting it to your own style. Angles, sizes, and proportions do not need to be exactly the same as a photograph for the art to be of decent quality.
Please feel free to ask if you have any questions.
Happy Hunting~
-- WP Staff

Edited at January 6, 2022 08:17 PM by Vennenum
Tracing and Heavy Referencing December 16, 2017 01:24 PM

TessaRain
Neutral
 
Posts: 670
#400900
Give Award
Thanks for telling me this I didn't know a few things you said until now =3
Tracing and Heavy Referencing January 4, 2018 06:21 PM

Former Pack
Neutral
 
Posts: 0
#436539
Give Award
Hello,
I don't really have an art-style, and i try to make all my art realistic. So when i find a reference (usely real wolf) and i want to make the pose, but not the coat the Same, but it will realistic. Does it still count as heavy referencing?
Tracing and Heavy Referencing January 30, 2018 08:55 AM

Aven
Neutral
 
Posts: 2286
#485183
Give Award


The Wolfcry said:
Hello,
I don't really have an art-style, and i try to make all my art realistic. So when i find a reference (usely real wolf) and i want to make the pose, but not the coat the Same, but it will realistic. Does it still count as heavy referencing?



Everyone will have their own style. You can use it as a reference to draw, but nothing more. If the outcome looks very similar to the actual art, then it's not allowed. You should also so make sure you're using a stock image for a reference.
Tracing and Heavy Referencing February 23, 2018 11:54 PM

Former Pack
Neutral
 
Posts: 0
#530933
Give Award
If you get permission from the artist, and/or the image is stock and you credit them is it okay? Or is it just no referencing period? I don't really have a problem with this, but I did want to clear it up.
Tracing and Heavy Referencing February 24, 2018 12:40 AM

Suncadia
Neutral
 
Posts: 4549
#530979
Give Award


Soaring said:
If you get permission from the artist, and/or the image is stock and you credit them is it okay? Or is it just no referencing period? I don't really have a problem with this, but I did want to clear it up.



Free stock is okay to reference closely as long as the owner says referencing is allowed and you credit the reference.

It doesn't have to be a stock reference if you are only loosely referencing, like seeing what an ear looks like at a certain angle or something.
Tracing and Heavy Referencing February 24, 2018 12:47 AM

Former Pack
Neutral
 
Posts: 0
#530985
Give Award


Deer said:


Soaring said:
If you get permission from the artist, and/or the image is stock and you credit them is it okay? Or is it just no referencing period? I don't really have a problem with this, but I did want to clear it up.



Free stock is okay to reference closely as long as the owner says referencing is allowed and you credit the reference.

It doesn't have to be a stock reference if you are only loosely referencing, like seeing what an ear looks like at a certain angle or something.


Awesome, thank you.
Tracing and Heavy Referencing March 15, 2018 06:43 PM

Former Pack
Neutral
 
Posts: 0
#563927
Give Award
I have been using bases on another site but haven't been able to get it on wp. I would give credit for the maker of the base.
Tracing and Heavy Referencing July 8, 2018 03:05 PM

Former Pack
Neutral
 
Posts: 0
#802339
Give Award
I'm very curious about heavy references >.>

If you actually have an application where you are able to put the model in your desired pose, can you still draw that pose? Of course, it will still have slight changes, such as designs, facial features, eyes, etc... (This may sound quite dumb but I need to know e.e)))
Tracing and Heavy Referencing July 8, 2018 03:08 PM

Mavi
Darkseeker
 
Posts: 5904
#802347
Give Award
Poses are generally okay. You can't call someone out for heavy referencing a howling wolf image just because their wolf is howling. If that makes any sense?
With more complicated poses however, you will need to be careful when referencing.




BlankStormz said:
I'm very curious about heavy references >.>

If you actually have an application where you are able to put the model in your desired pose, can you still draw that pose? Of course, it will still have slight changes, such as designs, facial features, eyes, etc... (This may sound quite dumb but I need to know e.e)))




Forums > Artwork
  1  2









Copyright 2013-2022 Go Go Gatsby Designs, LLC    All Rights Reserved
Terms Of Use  |   Privacy Policy   |   DMCA   |   Contact Us