icemoons
10:46:41 Hazbinhotelobsessed!
hi guys Im back
 The Amethyst
10:45:33 Dart
Bought one now I'm some what broke
 Existence
10:44:33 Exist / Kuskyn
I will I just need to see if Vukasin gives me any SV pups I can actually keep for myself to raise my dominance more
 distant-screams
10:42:45 katy | beetle
-WP Click-
hope she throws me something good :') the stud passed yesterday
 The Pumpkin King
10:42:06 
Existence, 1140 mush? That's like 380 more dominance CP you could buy.

Get to cracking. >:(
 Existence
10:40:59 Exist / Kuskyn
I won't lie to you, I have only 1140 mush so ahh I am holding out till I can one fix my dumb mistake and two make more adopts xD
 The Pumpkin King
10:38:21 
Existence, I'm doing my best. haha
 The Pumpkin King
10:38:02 
The Amethyst, oh, no worries. I wasn't being rude, just direct. :-)

I assume by good bloodlines you mean G1, but there are plenty of G2s that are for sale. And they're pretty reasonably priced considering they're such low-gen. haha
 BloodWeb
10:36:54 Blood/Nicole
Spent so many mushrooms for CP so that my explore wolves could all be at least 100 in battle and agility. I'm at 67 brains. I just want the new dye ugh lol
 Hvalso
10:36:43 
hi, does brimstone weather affect anything?
 Existence
10:36:13 Exist / Kuskyn
Ecifircas, I ahh won't lie to you I was broke.. And it won't be long time I am again xD
You got this I believe in you!
 The Amethyst
10:35:06 Dart
Pumpkin

I was just asking since it's a fresh puppy and I like its bloodline you didn't need to be rude about it plus those ones seem a bit overpriced now and again
 The Pumpkin King
10:34:53 
Existence, what's it like to have money? <|3

I'm over here crying in poor. On the dominance grind and it's rough. I just want top 5, lol.
 Poe
10:34:25 
Wilverbeast-
Ah that sounds cool! IÂ’m a sucker for Halloween gear. I almost have too many spooky looking wolves haha
 Existence
10:33:45 Exist / Kuskyn
30,073 dominance, that could have been a nicer number but oh well Time to try and hit 35K xD
 Whispering Phantoms
10:33:34 It's me Rain!! :D
Your girls got new Halloween name and colors
 Wilverbeast
10:33:03 Will
Ahhhh
I gotta finish the Halloween gear I designed >>

Jackolantern heads
Here I come
 Stygian Forest
10:29:56 
-WP Click-

Thoughts on her?
 Existence
10:29:38 Exist / Kuskyn
-WP Click-
Bloody feather weight no ;-;

Refresh

You must be a registered member for more
than 1 day before you can use our chatbox.
Quests
Alliance Battles
Challenges

Hourly Damage Variances
Margay : -3
Bobcat : -2
Ermine : +2
    Fall   Day  Weather:  Brimstone

Forums

→ Wolf Play is a fun game! Sign Up Now!

My Subscriptions
My Bookmarks
My Topics
Latest Topics
Following
Forums > Socialize > Writer's Nook

Pack Life: A Short Fun ReadFebruary 26, 2024 10:45 PM

Mazie

Darkseeker

Give Award
Characters: Tyr, Tala, Lyra

"I can't believe it."

Tala rolled her eyes. "Again with this?" she asked in irritation. "It's been aa entire day since it's happened. For the last time, FORGET IT."

"I simply can't!" Tyr whined. "You try having something that embarrassing happen to you! You'll never let go of it."

Tala sighed in exasperation. "Look Tyr, we all make mistakes. That's just life. You live with it and move on. Someday you'll laugh when you remember it."

Tyr, who had been laying on the ground, moping around the whole day, sprang to his feet and huffed, "I don't want to hear your little lessons on life. I'm going for a walk."

"It'll be good for you," Tala called out as Tyr left their den.

Lyra looked at Tala quizzically. It had only been a few days since she had joined Tala and Tyr's pack: The Mazie Pack. They were a small pack, just starting out. It was only the three of them, plus two pups, Lesia and Alita.

Tala sighed. "Lyra," she explained to the confused, older wolf, "before you joined our pack..." She paused and mused for a moment before continuing. "Wait, actually before even the pups joined, Tyr went border patrolling for the first time."

Lyra nodded. "Ah yes," she said wistfully. "I always wanted to go border patrolling - it was a special privilage, you see, only for the best of the best. That was in my previous pack, where I grew up in."

"Well, consider yourself hired." Tala said with a smirk. "I doubt Tyr wants to do it anymore, considering what happened to him."

Lyra cocked her head. "Yes? Was that what he was complaining about so loudly?"

Tala nodded and grinned. "So here's what happned: he went border patrolling, right? And when he gets there he sees this rabbit, a singular rabbit. He thinks 'Oh, I'm a wolf. That's a bunny. Wolves hunt bunnies. Bunnies are weak compared to wolves,' right? So what happened, naturally is that he tries to fight the bunny, the bunny bites him, he misses, and it flees. So when he comes home an hour later, he's injured and he has nothing to show for it."

Lyra raised an eyebrow. "So what I'm hearing is that Tyr got beat by a bunny."

"Yep."

Lyra whistled. "Wow, that really sucks for his ego."

"Yep"

Lyra smiled. "It's ok, I remember what happned to one of my previous pack's leader. She was doing a PvP and -"

"Guys, I'm back!" Tyr interrupted, bursting back into their den. He smiled broadly, and threw something down into the middle of the dirt floor. It was a dead rabbit.

Based on a true story. I sent Tyr to do the Border Patrol Game and he totally got bested by a rabbit. (It's ok, Tyr, I still love you❤️)

Edited at February 29, 2024 06:55 PM by Mazie
Pack Life: A Short Fun ReadFebruary 27, 2024 10:00 PM

Broken Dawn

Neutral

Give Award
Nice story!
Pack Life: A Short Fun ReadFebruary 27, 2024 10:26 PM

TimesGhost

Neutral

Give Award
Alrighty! So! Here's the critique you asked for. I also went over your story and made a few edits and suggestions which will be below.

Starting with critiques, I firstly have to compliment your writing as a whole. You actually have a really solid style and great understanding of making a story flow smoothly. Most of my critiques and edits are just small things to keep in mind and to add that extra bit of smoothness (mostly from experience and learning what reads a touch better). You do a great job staying away from passive voice and making each sentence expressive. You used one adverb, which is impressive. Generally, reword sentences over using adverbs in the writing world, but personally, I think they're fine.

Overall, I don't really have much to critique or change. Most I can suggest outside the edits below is to now start leaning into setting. There isn't much, and you can really make a story pop by helping visualize the area.

~

Here are my edits:

"I can't believe it."

Tala rolled her eyes. "Again with this?" she asked irritatedly in irritation. "It's been an entire day since it's happened. For the last time, FORGET IT."

"I simply can't!" Tyr whined. "You try having something that embarrassing happen to you! You'll never let go of it."

Tala rolled her eyes (Consider her squinting or turning away in exasperation. She just rolled her eyes a few sentences before). "Look Tyr, we all make mistakes. That's just life. You live with it and move on. Someday you'll laugh when you remember it."

Tyr, who had been laying on the ground, moping around the whole day, jumped (“sprang” is a vibrant word to consider instead of jumped)to his feet and huffed, "I don't want to hear your little lessons on life. I'm going for a walk."

"It'll be good for you," Tala called out as Tyr left their den.

Lyra looked at Tala quizzically. It had only been a few days since she had joined Tala and Tyr's pack, named Mazie : The Mazie Pack. They were a small pack, just starting out. It was only them three the three of them, plus two pups: Lesia and Alita, who had also joined quite recently.

Tala sighed. "Lyra," she explained to the confused, older wolf, "before you joined our pack - wait, actually," she mused, "before even the pups joined, Tyr went border patrolling for the first time."

“Lyra," she explained to the confused, older wolf, "before you joined our pack…" She paused and mused for a moment before continuing. "Wait, actually, before even the pups joined, Tyr went border patrolling for the first time."

Lyra nodded. "Ah yes," she said wistfully. "I always wanted to go border patrolling - it was a special privilege, you see, only for the best of the best. That was in my previous pack, where I grew up in."

"Well, consider yourself hired," Tala said with a smirk. "I doubt Tyr wants to do it anymore, considering what happened to him."

Lyra cocked her head. "Yes? Was that what he was complaining about so loudly?"

Tala nodded and grinned. "So here's what happened: he went border patrolling, right? And when he gets there he sees this rabbit, a singular rabbit. He thinks 'Oh, I'm a wolf. That's a bunny. Wolves hunt bunnies. Bunnies are weak compared to wolves,' right? So what happened, naturally is that he tries to fight the bunny, the bunny bites him, he misses, and it flees. So when he comes home an hour later, he's injured and there he has nothing for him to show for it."

Lyra raised an eyebrow. "So what I'm hearing is that Tyr got beat by a bunny."

"Yep."

Lyra whistled. "Wow, that really sucks for his ego."

"Yep"

Lyra smiled. "It's ok, I remember what happened to one of my previous pack's leaders. She was doing a PvP and -"

"Guys, I'm back!" Tyr interrupted, bursting back into their den. He smiled broadly and threw something down into the middle of the dirt floor. It was a dead rabbit.

Edited at February 27, 2024 10:33 PM by TimesGhost
Pack Life: A Short Fun ReadFebruary 28, 2024 04:57 PM

Mazie

Darkseeker

Give Award
Wow, this is amazing! I can tell you know a ton about creative writing. I can't express to you how helpful this is! I will definitely include your edits into my short story. Thank you so much!

Forums > Socialize > Writer's Nook

Refresh

Copyright ©2013-2024 Go Go Gatsby Designs, LLC    All Rights Reserved
Terms Of Use  |   Privacy Policy   |   DMCA   |   Contact Us