Amygdala
03:13:20 Amy
God*
Empty*
But*

I need help😅
 Amygdala
03:12:47 Amy
I swear to got...the store was completely emty the last 30 minutes bit as soon as i start eating people show up
 Feiella
02:57:35 Fei the writer
Poll
-WP Click-
 Amygdala
02:53:04 Amy
Fei
Oh no poor shark...he/she deserves a bunch of treats after XD

Says the expert
-Click-
 Feiella
02:50:54 Fei the writer
just waiting for her dinner time
 Feiella
02:50:14 Fei the writer
Amy
Nope. I'm going to apply treatment >:D
 Amygdala
02:49:10 Amy
Fei
Oh no poor shark...is it a vet trip?
 Feiella
02:48:32 Fei the writer
I'm soon going to have my shark hate me
 Amygdala
02:47:20 Amy
Oh well i just got 2 more bones from wolf party😅
 Amygdala
02:46:20 Amy
Crystal
I mean you don't get the 5 extra moves XD

But i see your point
 Amygdala
02:45:50 Amy
Cloud
You can run but you can never escape wolf party
 Crystal Pines
02:44:56 Phoenix
Run cloud run 😂
 Amygdala
02:44:41 Amy
Dance
No problem we are always happy to help <3
 Crystal Pines
02:44:39 Phoenix
I still wonder about the point of negative vitals. Like it does say in explore that they're afraid of the weather, but they never actually do anything about it
 CloudGazer
02:44:24 
ok i need to go to bed before i find myself back in wolfparty
 Amygdala
02:44:19 Amy
Group nap!

Mood: Exhausted

After exploring the last 2 hours this semms fitting XD
 Feiella
02:42:47 Fei the writer
Dance
we are happy to help :)
 Danceofwolves
02:40:42 Dance, tango
Amy
Ohhh okay

Thanks everyone for being my teachers lol:')
 Amygdala
02:39:48 Amy
Dance
If the weather is right positive vitals can give you +5 moves in explore sometimes
 CloudGazer
02:39:46 
this is my fav wolf i have right now but we shall see what pups i get with my ladies it might change.
-WP Click-

Refresh

You must be a registered member for more
than 1 day before you can use our chatbox.
Quests
Alliance Battles
Challenges
Hourly Damage Variances
Black Bear : +5
Caiman : -2
Jaguar : +3
    Spring Month: 3   Night  Weather:  Clear  Moon: 
 Explore In: Now

Forums

→ Wolf Play is a fun game! Sign Up Now!

My Subscriptions
My Bookmarks
My Topics
Latest Topics
Following
Forums > Roleplay > Discussion

Froggington x Serein x TIAPNJune 20, 2024 12:49 PM

ThisIsAPackName

Lightbringer

Give Award
(for the listed users only!)
Froggington x Serein x TIAPNJune 22, 2024 11:56 AM

Sir Froggington

Lightbringer

Give Award
So what are we thinking? Drama, anxt, silly, funny?
Froggington x Serein x TIAPNJune 22, 2024 12:03 PM

ThisIsAPackName

Lightbringer

Give Award
it looks like we're doing the college students in a shared apartment one, which is frankly a pretty low-down, silly idea. but majorly it's character driven, so most of the drama, angst, and sillies would come from the character itself. i'd imagine in a less plot-driven and more so event-driven story, it'd be best to go with a character-first approach, unless you guys want to discuss possible events first so we can make characters who suit the events?
Froggington x Serein x TIAPNJune 22, 2024 12:09 PM

Sir Froggington

Lightbringer

Give Award
I'm in between lol. I was wondering if we had tropes/event ideas that people wanted to do because it'd help guide me in choosing my characters
Froggington x Serein x TIAPNJune 22, 2024 12:16 PM

ThisIsAPackName

Lightbringer

Give Award
i'll wait for serein to come in in case they have ideas, but i can help come up with a few if nobody has any.
Froggington x Serein x TIAPNJune 23, 2024 12:38 PM

serein

Lightbringer

Give Award
I think it would be fun to have a trope/event that would cause some drama.
Froggington x Serein x TIAPNJune 23, 2024 01:10 PM

ThisIsAPackName

Lightbringer

Give Award

alright, alright. in that case, here's a couple of ideas for events that could add to the plot. we can do multiple or reserve some for later, and i might edit this to add some to the list if i come up with more:

some single character-based drama

- one of the characters ran away from home for one reason or another when they were a teen and never saw their family again. recently, their sibling has come to the town in order to visit a friend or consider moving there... or did they come to look for them? the other characters either work to protect them or urge them to give the sibling a chance depending on the context of the estrangement. and/or one of the characters meets the sibling independent of knowing the context and drama ensues.

- one of the characters is, for the lack of a better term, a delinquent and is causing trouble wherever they go and bringing a couple of the other roommates with them, and some of them are pissed about this and saying they're gonna bring down their friends grades AND cost them money at this rate and they're not going to pay for police fines. at some point, they go on a pretty unwise venture with the goody-two-shoes coming in order to complain in their ear, the delinquent and their friends ignoring them, and some people coming along just to watch the shitshow.

- one of the characters has an interesting part-time or full-time job -- as a band member, investigator, something with a little lore to it. some of the nosy ones decide to tag along, much to the worker's behest, and the worker keeps on trying to convince them to hop off it while the nosy characters poke around their stuff.

some silly ones

- the resident cook has gotten ill, and now everyone not only has to take care of them, but also figure out how to cook in the first place. and they're awful at it. and they argue a lot while doing it. oh no!

- their college or town is holding a huge event, a festival of sorts, and some of the characters volunteered to be on the committee. everyone gets roped into setting up for the festival, whether voluntarily or against their will.

- two of the characters have a relationship full of romantic tension, and the rest of the characters make countless plans to get them together. perhaps there's one or two who protest this and say it's awkward or that they don't want to be at home and see people making out two feet to their left when they turn their head, so they instead fight to make sure those plans do not come to fruition.

some things that don't really work as events but can work as fun context for character-building

- one of the characters is rich and went into this apartment because it's full of their friends and partially in order to experience a "building of character" that their parents always said was important. the other characters think this is stupid and some of them want to use this character's money to get them all a better place while the rich character refuses to use any of it.

- the characters are arguing on how to decorate their apartment, since it's somewhat new.

- the characters are arguing who's the best driver, since all of them are pretty broke and so they can only afford a car if they pool money together, but now the question is whose name it goes under.

- all of them probably go to the same college, one that's nearby, but one of them isn't in college at all and is just kind of left to their own devices when everyone else's classes line up. some of them are slightly uneasy about this.

- the characters are slowly learning about each other's bad habits and are slowly learning to get annoyed about them, while some of them are encouraging some of the bad habits becuase they think it's funny.

(this is unrelated, but i realize that in a more character-driven roleplay, there'll sometimes be characters stuck in one-on-one conversations where a third is kinda gonna be left out. i might invite a fourth person if a suitable one comes along in order to avoid this.)

Froggington x Serein x TIAPNJune 23, 2024 02:48 PM

Sir Froggington

Lightbringer

Give Award

Here are some vague tropey ideas

One of the characters could be adopted and one of their birth parents reach out.

A character could lose a close family member such as a pet or a grandparent who lives with their parents.

Two roommates having a crush on the same person O.o

Someone has an allergy and another roommate brings in a pet that their roommate is allergic to because they found it abandoned.

Roommates getting a crush on each other which is awkward for them and everyone else.

Someone gets accepted as a writer for the college newspaper and they want to start a gossip/advice column.

(Alrighty :))

Froggington x Serein x TIAPNJune 23, 2024 06:23 PM

serein

Lightbringer

Give Award

These are such amazing ideas! I like 1,5,6,8 and 11 from TIAPN's ideas and 3,4,5 of Sir Froggington's and think they would be a lot of fun and add some drama. For the gossip column it could be something kinda like Gossip Girl in the sense that they spread their roommates information.

I quickly came up with a few other vague ideas

They all save up for a vacation but something goes wrong. (One or two of them get lost, their flight home gets canceled, their things get stolen, trip cut short by a family emergency)

Two of the characters have a very rocky past and don't get along but decide to try and get over their issues for the sake of living together (They could be ex's, ex friends, someone who wronged them, ect)

One of the characters is a hardcore know-it-all and believes they have the answer to every problem, offering unsolicited advice and questionable expertise which causes arguments between the characters.

Edited at June 23, 2024 06:23 PM by serein
Froggington x Serein x TIAPNJune 24, 2024 12:01 PM

ThisIsAPackName

Lightbringer

Give Award

Sir Froggington said:

Here are some vague tropey ideas

One of the characters could be adopted and one of their birth parents reach out.

A character could lose a close family member such as a pet or a grandparent who lives with their parents.

Two roommates having a crush on the same person O.o

Someone has an allergy and another roommate brings in a pet that their roommate is allergic to because they found it abandoned.

Roommates getting a crush on each other which is awkward for them and everyone else.

Someone gets accepted as a writer for the college newspaper and they want to start a gossip/advice column.

(Alrighty :))

i like the idea of bringing in a pet!! everyone dealing with that can bring in some drama :) the idea of a close family member dying also makes me think of the idea of one of the characters moving into this room because whoever they were previously living with died so now they have nowhere to go, which might be interesting character context if either of you are interested :)

serein said:

These are such amazing ideas! I like 1,5,6,8 and 11 from TIAPN's ideas and 3,4,5 of Sir Froggington's and think they would be a lot of fun and add some drama. For the gossip column it could be something kinda like Gossip Girl in the sense that they spread their roommates information.

I quickly came up with a few other vague ideas

They all save up for a vacation but something goes wrong. (One or two of them get lost, their flight home gets canceled, their things get stolen, trip cut short by a family emergency)

Two of the characters have a very rocky past and don't get along but decide to try and get over their issues for the sake of living together (They could be ex's, ex friends, someone who wronged them, ect)

One of the characters is a hardcore know-it-all and believes they have the answer to every problem, offering unsolicited advice and questionable expertise which causes arguments between the characters.

i also like how the last two sound for character context, here!

Forums > Roleplay > Discussion

Refresh

Copyright ©2013-2024 Go Go Gatsby Designs, LLC    All Rights Reserved
Terms Of Use  |   Privacy Policy   |   DMCA   |   Contact Us