Wolf Play : Rising Embers | Dragon & Rider Rp | Open!
Chatbox
 Destinations End
11:19:43 Toliska, Desti, Coy
Hey
 Rageing Stormz
11:18:47 Raw Onions
Trans
Well it's better then burning myself out with 3 jobs at least XD
 Luna👻
11:18:12 Silver (She/her)
But what updates? Ooh, is it the new boost?
 Transcendence
11:17:10 anti gen ai
I meant Rageing but yes that too 😭
 Rageing Stormz
11:16:52 Raw Onions
Updates
 Luna👻
11:16:22 Silver (She/her)
WhatÂ’s happening Monday?
 SixBears
11:16:09 evebot
Yeah, I love my job. I wouldn't trade it.
 Transcendence
11:15:20 anti gen ai
At least you found a way to work around covid you know
 Magnus Bane
11:15:18 Mag/Maggy
What's all the updates on Monday >.>
 Rageing Stormz
11:14:46 Raw Onions
Gotta love taxes
 Luna👻
11:14:25 Silver (She/her)
Oh lawd an eve
 Transcendence
11:13:52 anti gen ai
Covid toilet paper chaos 💀
 SixBears
11:13:47 evebot
Yeah, if you're self employed you get to pay taxes four times a year. The govt wants to make pie out of apple hill.
 Malcuth
11:13:38 Wander
I'm so excited for Monday!
 Magnus Bane
11:13:15 Mag/Maggy
Anti
As a former 1099 employee, taxes are a BITCH
 Transcendence
11:12:15 anti gen ai
Also taxes

Tax painn
 Transcendence
11:12:01 anti gen ai
Experience self employment got it 😭
 SixBears
11:11:48 evebot
Trying to make the game more fun for you guys. The updates this monday are pretty cool.
 Shadows At Twilight
11:11:39 You're loved! <3
Eve,
The new updates (such as quests!) have really brought me back to this game, you've been very busy lately!
 Magnus Bane
11:10:57 Mag/Maggy
Eve
I've loved all these new and improved updates

Refresh

You must be a registered member for more
than 1 day before you can use our chatbox.
Quests
Alliance Battles
Challenges

Hourly Damage Variances
Red Fox : +3
Water Moccasin : 0
Black Bear : +1
    Fall   Day  Weather:  Brimstone

Forums

→ Wolf Play is a fun game! Sign Up Now!

My Subscriptions
My Bookmarks
My Topics
Latest Topics
Following
Forums > Roleplay > Sign-Ups
   1    2 

Rising Embers | Dragon & Rider Rp | Open!October 12, 2024 05:07 AM

Imperial Sands

Darkseeker

Give Award
Rising Embers
A Burning Embers Saga

The thriving Kingdom of Ederia is renowned for its strength and prosperity, primarily due to its legendary Dragon Riders. This unique quality, however, has bred jealousy and resentment in neighboring kingdoms, who covet the power and status the dragons bring.

One fateful night, a rival kingdom launches a devastating attack on Ederia, systematically dismantling its defenses and crushing the kingdom under their might. When the smoke clears, Ederia lies in ruins—buildings reduced to rubble, homes destroyed, and blood staining the ground. This horrific event becomes known as a Night of Great Infamy, marking a dark chapter in Ederia’s history.

Amidst the devastation, a glimmer of hope emerges. A small group of new recruits managed to escape during the chaos, led by their experienced leaders and mentors. Unbeknownst to the rival kingdom, a few dragons and their riders have also survived the initial onslaught. Though not without scars, these survivors include individual riders and dragons who have lost their bonded partners.

Weeks pass, and as they heal their wounds, the surviving riders and dragons begin to form the foundation of a resistance. However, a major challenge looms: many of them have lost their other half. While some are hesitant to form new bonds, especially the dragons, they know that to stand a chance against their enemies, they must forge new partnerships.

In this less-than-ideal situation, danger lurks around every corner and in every shadow. Yet, the resistance is determined to fight for their homes, their people, and themselves. They will navigate treacherous paths, face fierce battles, and overcome immense trials to reclaim their kingdom and restore Ederia to its former glory.

Yes yes, this does take place in the same timeline and universe as Burning Embers and Scorched Embers, I just thought this was be quite the unique take on the plot.

Edited at October 12, 2024 05:45 PM by Imperial Sands
Rising Embers | Dragon & Rider Rp | Open!October 12, 2024 05:14 AM

Imperial Sands

Darkseeker

Give Award
The Roleplay Rules
Follow all of Eve's and WP's Rules

1. Be Active. Sometimes I'm not on for a couple of days, but I expect everyone to be as active as they can for the rp. Unless you are waiting for someone to post, you should be posting. Posts should be occurring every 3-ish days.

2. Reservations last 48 hours. You know how I work if they aren't done in time. You may ask for One Extention of Up to 12 Hours, but You Must Ask Before the Reservation has Expired.

3. Maximum of 4 Characters per Person for Now. You can only have 2 Dragons and 2 Riders, 1 in Each Available Role. HOWEVER. You MUST Make a Rider before you make a Second Dragon. You do not need to make a dragon if you want to just make a rider though. This is to keep numbers more balanced.

4. Semi-Realism and Semi-Literacy are required. Please do not make me explain myself. I will, however, be accepting more elf-like appearances for the Riders, so have fun with hair and eye color.

5. For Once, I am allowing you to pair your own rider and dragon if you want to. You do not have to, but you can if you'd like.

6. I reserve the Right to Deny Applications for this Rp. I won't tolerate disrespect or rude behavior if your application gets denied, or your reservation/character get removed due to inactivity. If you do, I won't even give you the option to fix it or return. If you are respectful, I am often willing to work with you.

7. For the Simplicity of myself, all Resistance Members will have just been ordinary Dragon Riders before. No high Ranks, etc. Obviously the Resistance itself with have ranks, but for their former ones, they're all just regular warriors/guards/healers.

8. Try to keep things even with genders, it's much more interesting if things are diverse. LGBTQ+ is welcomed and allowed here.

9. No Perfect Characters, Godmodding, Powerplaying, etc. I won't tolerate it.

10. First Rule of the Resistance is we don't talk about the Resistance.

11. Have fun!

Edited at October 12, 2024 05:45 PM by Imperial Sands
Rising Embers | Dragon & Rider Rp | Open!October 12, 2024 05:26 AM

Imperial Sands

Darkseeker

Give Award
Roleplay Information

The Dragon-Rider Bond

The Dragon and Rider Bond is something unusual and completely unique, unlike anything else found in the world. It's the only type of bond that creates a connection between two different species that, while intangible, has quite a few perks or benefits.

The bond is initiated either by direct eye contact or physical touch, and is often times painful for the human end of things for the first few seconds. This is due to the fact that humans are not used to sharing their minds with others, whereas dragons communicate telepathically all the time.

The first thing that takes place is a marking will appear on the rider, designating not only that they belong to a dragon, but which dragon. This is like the physical representation of their bond. This marking shows up as an ouroboros dragon wrapped around the riders wrist, the color of it matches the scale color of their dragon. This marking burns like hell for the first few seconds, and then throbs for the next several days before it eventually heals and no longer bothers the rider. This is also where they sense things through. If their dragon is in pain, it'll throb to let them know. If their dragon is weakening, it'll pulse. If the mark basically burns off their skin, leaving behind a terrible, constantly painful scar, their dragon is dead. If the rider should re-bond with another dragon, this scar will be replaced with a new marking, but the scale color will be fainter to as a result.

The bond between dragon and rider allows for several different things. The first is obviously the ability to communicate telepathically with each other. For a new bond this is relatively short distanced, however, as time passes, the distance increases to the point where it's over miles. The bond can also be used to instinctually find someone, no one really knows how this works, but if you focus on the bond, it will tug you in the direction of the other. This same bond also elongates the Rider's Lifespan. It by no means makes them immortal, but it can double, maybe even triple, their lifespan, causing them to age extremely slow. If their dragon dies, though, they start to age normally. They won't age rapidly to catch up, but they'll age at a normal rate again.

The Dragons
All the dragons in the Rp are the age groups of young adult to adult, which is the stage where they are 50 years old or above, becoming full adults at about 250 years. The older a dragon gets the longer the aging stage lasts, ergo ancient is longer than adult, which is longer than young adult, which is longer than their adolescent stage, and so on and so forth. Dragons are considered semi-immortal but it has never been proven what age they die naturally at.

For the Purpose of this Rp, all the dragons have to be within the age range of 55 to 450 Years of age, with a size of up to 19 for the Young Adults ones, and 27 for the Adult Ones. This is because, in my mind, anything larger would be significantly easier to find.

For your dragons, though, it will be up to you to come up with their abilities and their individual weaknesses. Of course, I will have a specific set of Weaknesses that apply to ALL dragons, but each dragon will also have their own. You must have 1 Weakness for Every 1 Ability they have. So if you give them 5 Abilities, you must have 5 Weaknesses for them as well. Half of all of your Weaknesses must also be Physical Weaknesses or Limitations. This is to keep balanced, so no one's dragon is OP. If I do not think you have balanced your dragon enough, they will not be accepted.

Classes

Common [3]
Fire
Water
Earth
Air
Ice

Uncommon [2]
Crystal
Storm
Lunar
Venom

Rare[1]
Light
Dark
Seer
Nightmare

Remember, every dragon is different, even within the same category, so not all dragons of the same type are going to have the same abilities. Have fun, and be Unique!

Dragon Weaknesses & Strengths
These are the Strengths and Weaknesses that all Dragons Share.

For Weaknesses:
⊗ Iron Weakens & Drains Them.
⊗ Soft Belly Scales
⊗ Cannot Fly with Injured Wings

For Strengths
⊕ Longevity & Superb Healing
⊕ Resistant to Specific Types of Human Magics [Curses, Mind Control, etc.]
⊕ Enhanced Abilities Such as Speed, Strength, etc.

Edited at October 12, 2024 08:31 PM by Imperial Sands
Rising Embers | Dragon & Rider Rp | Open!October 12, 2024 05:36 AM

Imperial Sands

Darkseeker

Give Award
The Playable Roles

There are two Categories of Characters in this Rp, beyond the simple Dragon and Rider type. This would be: The Bonded and The Unbonded. This represents the pairs who survived together after the attack, and those who, unfortunately, weren't so lucky.

I will be allowing for up to four Bonded Pairs, maybe 5 Maximum.

For the Unbonded, I will be Starting at 5 Each for now. Depending on how things go, I may add more. Or I may start with fewer.

I will say this: for now I am requiring that EVERY unbonded eventually finds a bonded. This may change, of course, but it is my goal. However I will be giving myself the leeway of one outnumbering the other by 2 at most. So if theres 3 riders and 4 dragons, we can go ahead and start. but 2 riders and 5 dragons? Nope.

The Resistance Hierarchy
Right now the ranks within the Resistance are pretty loose, as it's mostly just been formed. However, there are a few distinct ones.

Leaders
Second in Commands
Captains
Resistance Members

It's important to note that the Leaders, Second in Commands, and Captains include the Riders and their Dragons, are also the four/five surviving pairs. Everyone else is a Resistance Member for now. I may eventually ass more ranks via roleplay, but for now it's undecided.

So it Looks like this:
1 Pair for the Leader
1 Pair for the Second
Remaining Pairs for the Captains
Individuals for the Members
Rising Embers | Dragon & Rider Rp | Open!October 12, 2024 05:39 AM

Imperial Sands

Darkseeker

Give Award
The Available Roles

The Bonded Pairs

1. Nicodemus Brooks | M | Imperial Sands | Pg. 1
& Kikimora | F | Nightmare | Imperial Sands | Pg. 1

2. [Rider - Open]
& [Ice | Reserved for Spellbound]

3. [Rider - Open]
& [Dragon - Open]

4. [Rider - Open]
& [Dragon - Open]

The Unbondeds

The Riders:

The Dragons:
1. Dark Dragon | Reserved for Spellbound
2. Venom Dragon | Reserved for Convivial
3. Fire Dragon | Reserved for Me

The Resistance Hierarchy

Leaders:
1. Nicodemus & Kikimora

Second in Command:
1. [Open] & [Reserved for Spellbound]

Captains:
1. [Open] & [Open]
2. [Open] & [Open]

Resistance Members:

Edited at October 12, 2024 08:41 PM by Imperial Sands
Rising Embers | Dragon & Rider Rp | Open!October 12, 2024 05:42 AM

Imperial Sands

Darkseeker

Give Award
The Forms

The Riders

Name:
Bonded or Unbonded?:
Resistance Rank:
Dragon:
Appearance:
Personality:
Strength/Skills:
Weaknesses:
Crush:
Partner:
Kin:
Affiliations:
Other:

The Dragons

Name:
Class:
Bonded or Unbonded?:
Resistance Rank:
Rider:
Appearance:
Personality:
Abilities:
Strengths:

Weaknesses:
Crush/Courting:
Mate:
Kin:
Affiliations:
Other:

Edited at October 12, 2024 05:51 PM by Imperial Sands
Rising Embers | Dragon & Rider Rp | Open!October 12, 2024 05:44 PM

Imperial Sands

Darkseeker

Give Award
This is Now Open!
Rising Embers | Dragon & Rider Rp | Open!October 12, 2024 05:49 PM

Imperial Sands

Darkseeker

Give Award

What he originally looked like.
Credit Belongs to .freakls on Picrew.

Name:

Nicodemus Brooks
Bonded or Unbonded?:
Bonded
Resistance Rank:
Leader
Dragon:
Kikimora
Appearance:

How he looks now.
Credit Belongs to No Prosperity on Neka.cc

For many who know him, Nicodemus is a relatively intimidating sight, now more than ever. He stands at a tall six feet and three inches, though it's not uncommon to see him no longer standing ramrod straight due to the injuries he's suffered. However, when he does, he towers over many, often drawing eyes to him, though there are definitely plenty of reasons that would occur in general. As the years have gone buy, and Nico has matured, his body mass has changed and altered, no longer strictly being the lean young man he was years ago. He's still lean, but the width of his shoulders, the strength of his chest and arms are all evident of a man who is in his prime and has worked to keep himself in shape. Truly, Nicodemus is incredibly athletically built, however the scars on his body do limit him in some capacities. With his height and musculature, Nicodemus weighs in somewhere around 230 lbs when wearing all of his gear. He may not weigh too much more than he did when he was younger, but that's because he's opted to sculp much of what he already had, instead of simply gaining.

Back in the day Nicodemus was easily identifiable because of his long, straight locks of midnight hair. He was protective over them, and careful in their care, rarely letting anyone aside from a select few handle his hair. It was something he was incredibly prideful of. Unfortunately, during the attack, much of those beautiful tresses were singed off, leaving him with wild locks that reach barely down past his collar bone. No longer does he put the same effort into his hair as he used to, barely opting to do little more than run his hands through it aside from washing it.

Truthfully, though, Nicodemus has a rather striking appearance, as if the combination of height and hair weren't captivating enough. His skin is a pale ivory color, the shade definitely being cold toned, as there is seemingly no warmth in his at all. Being a shade or two above alabaster, his fair skin is no longer unblemished. He bares more than his fair share of scars across his body, though a significant amount are isolated to the left side of his body. A variety of scars litter his muscular figure, however, the most prominent are the burn scars that lick acros his arms, torso, and legs. They've almost healed entirely by this point, but they still pain him at times. His skin is in great contrast to the inky mane of hair he holds, but the pale gray eye seem to tie the features together a bit and soften the devastation of their appearance despite being as cold as steel themselves. Unfortunately, Nicodemus also loss the use of his left eye during the attack, and now wears bandages over that eye for now, protecting the still healing wound from the world.

Nicodemus' features all hold a familiar trait amongst them, they're all cold, straight edges. His jaw line, which is strong but narrow, sharp enough to cut glass, something that his cheek bones share. His eyes are a mix of almond and hooded, fitting the features of his face, as anything too round or big would look out of place on the recesses of his face. His eye brows match the shape of his eyes, being straight as well, though well groomed and not overtly thick in appearance. His cheeks are a bit taut at times too, though they only ever truly look hollow whenever he is under the weather and feeling quite sick. Otherwise they give him a very defined look, as if he was carved from stone. Nico's nose is like the rest of him too, straight nose, one that has yet to be broken, as he is always careful to protect his face. His lips are a medium fullness, though they always seem to be thinner than what they actually are because he usually has them in a thin line or grimace. Truthfully, Nico rarely smiles, so the full extent of his lips often goes unseen. And, as if that wasn't enough, he has eyelashes that most women would absolutely die for. They're long and thick, and curl up naturally too. It's like he has a thin layer of mascara on constantly, except that's just how his eyelashes are. The gods are unfair.

In terms of identifiable features, Nico has a few of them. The first is, and smallest, is the beauty mark that appears at the outside bottom corner of his left eye. Right now, of course, it isn't usually visible, covered up by the bandage he wears, but if he takes it off, there it is. It's barely bigger than the tip of a pencil, but it's there, and it just further accentuates the male's beauty. If anything, it somehow softens his features. The next are the pair of dimples that form on his cheeks when the male actually smiles for once. They're rare, and hardly ever seen, but boy are they glorious when they do show. Lastly, the most noticeable are the tattoos that trace up his arms starting at his wrists and coming up to wrap across his shoulders. They're a flowy style, designed to look like water washing up and over his arms before crashing over his shoulders. They are simply black, no color, and are a stark contrast to the color of his skin. These tattoos are now interrupted by different scars, giving a choppiness to their overall flowy design.

Lastly, Nicodemus holds a pair of vocals that just seem right for him. They're deeper, baritone vocals that seem to reverberate in his chest. His voice isn't so deep as to be unsettling or at the basso level, but it isn't light or airy either. He also likes to wear a cologne that seems to be inspired from a cold, rainy day. It's delightful.

Personality:

Calmly Irritated || Serious & Stoic || Hard Working || Critical || Judgemental || Direct || Determined || Aggressive || Blunt & Honest || Heckin' Edge Lord Vibes || Intelligent & Swift Minded || Strategic || Gets Easily Annoyed by Stupdiity and Drama || Reserved or Secretive || Doesn't Let People In || Cold, Very Cold

While Nicodemus is not exactly who he was prior to the attack, much of his default personality has remained the same. If anything, the attack his made him colder, angrier, and more dangerous towards others. I would not expect him to be extremely patient, he's never been, but especially now.

Nicodemus is a creature who prefers to remain as a cold, undecipherable image to others, one where they know well to keep their distance and stay out of his way. He's a relatively calm guy, to a degree, not one to lose his temper and shout in anger, he's never thrown anytihng, or had a tantrum. When the man does actually get mad, more than just mildly irritated (which is his constant state it seems), it's in a very cold and sinister way. A completely unremorseful, merciless way that is detatched and and unconcerned with the well being of others. This isn't a side he lets out very often, but once he's been pushed to far, there isn't anything he can do.

Of course, that's the rare side of Nico, most of the time he's generally in a constant state of mild irritation, but remains calm nonetheless. He's critical and hard working, passing judgement on others in the time it takes to snap his fingers, and rarely ever differing from that initial assessment. He's an incredibly driven person, the type that once he has his mind set on something, he's going to push and push and push himself until he gets there. He doesn't understand the concept of failure, even though it is very much a thing. This drive gives him very little time for any shenanigans, and if someone tries to throw him off course, even if it's unintentional, with his blunt and honest nature, he's going to rip them to shreds. See, Nico doesn't have to be angry to verbally eviscerate them, he will happy destroy every fiber of their being with a look and not even think twice about it.

Now, it's important to realize something over time. Nicodemus isn't like this because he's just an asshole. Okay. Yes. He is one, but not just because he can be, not completely. He also cares, and he wants to see everyone succeed, so that's why he is so critical, so harsh, pushing people even when they feel like they have nothing left to give. They may not like him for it, but they'll be better of for it in the end. Still, that doesn't make Nico all that likeable, not that he really minds. He can be a tad reclusive, prefering to keep to his own company, and that of his dragon's, and keep other people at bay. He isn't the type to get close to anyone, and it's highly unlikely anyone will ever know any secrets about him. In his eyes, the best types of people are the ones he keeps at a distance, and he is content to make it stay that way. That being said, don't assume that Nico is awkward or anything of the sort when socializing. While he doesn't enjoy it, he is good at it, and is known to be quite charismatic when he wants, or needs to be. There's a wickedness to his charisma, something that is so sensually smooth it seems borderline unnatural, and it is, considering he'd rather rip out his own throat then have to converse with someone of lesser intelligence (which is pretty much everyone in his own opinion).

Being the supreme daddy of Edge Lords, Nicodemus is an incredibly intelligent character. He's not only someone who can be three steps ahead of someone when needed, but he's able to apply his inteligence in multiple different formats. He can even make himself appear less intelligent than he actually is, which is a useful tool in making others underestimate him. Of course, his intelligence in general allows him to be a quick thinker, and while he's not that adaptable in every day life, when it comes to sticky situations, Nico is someone you want in your corner. He's incredibly strategic, able to come up with plans, and their back ups, and change them on the fly when needed. Will he die if he has to wash his clothes on Wednesday instead of Thursday? Absolutely. But can he think his way out of a trap? Also yes. He's reliable in the sense of his duty. If something is given to him, or assigned, it's going to get done, one way or another.

Besides being an absolute grouch, there is a few things Nico just has absolutely no time for, no matter the circumstances. He will not tolerate being dragged into stupidity or drama, he finds it a waste of time, a waste of breath, and literally anything else insulting you can think of. It's probably one of the few things that will cause him to lose that frigid temper of his.

Overall, Nico is a very cold, freezing really, individual, who likes to keep himself to himself, and doesn't really try to be anything other than the unlikeable asshole he's been labeled as. It's not like it's incorrect.

Strength/Skills:

Sword Play - While Nicodemus is trained in multiple forms of weaponry, he greatly prefers his long sword. He's been expertly trained in how to use it, and there is likely very few who can best him in combat when using it. He also can use either arm to wield his sword.

Strategic - Nico does lack some leadership qualities, but the one thing he isn't short on is his strategic mind. If there is one thing he can do, and do well, it's come up with plans and be able to adjust them when needed, even on the fly.

Intelligent
- It's no doubt that Nico is of the intelligent sort, but there is a wickedness to his inteliigence that make him absolutely dangerous when he needs to be. If there is something out there that can be used to benefit him, it's going to be found and used.

Deceptively Strong - It's easy for many of those around him to believe that he is weaker than he actually is do to his taller and lean appearance. While he might not be as wide or bigger as more muscular counterparts, he holds an incredibly amount of strength since muscle is what makes up more than the majority of his mass.

Weaknesses:

Unfriendly - It's no surprise, question, or doubt that Nicodemus isn't exactly the most friendly or social creature on the planet. In fact, he's not overly likeable to begin with, but it's not something that has ever bothered him.

Self-Reliant to a Fault - To put it bluntly, he isn't the type to ever rely on others, believing that, too often, they're going to let him down. So, instead, he will push himself far too hard to get whatever he needs done. This means he pushes himself passed his limit, and ends up with whatever consequences come with that.

Weakened Left Side - During the attack, Nicodemus and Kikimora were essentially shot out of the sky, and then off the top of a mountain. Both nearly died, and Nicodemus would have it had not been for his dragon. Unfortunately, due to that attack, he has been severely scared, primarily on his left side, leaving him weakened and with lower range of movement.

Blind in Left Eye - He lost his eye in the fall during the attack, a deep, healing wound situated over/through his eye that removed his ability to see without removing the eye all together.

Crush:

None

Partner:

He has a Wife, but he is unsure if she survived the initial attack on Ederia.

Kin:

Currently no children, and as for siblings, he doesn't know if they're alive.

Affiliations:

Open-ish

Other:
His wife is an NPC who I have not yet decided on whether she's alive or not.

Edited at October 12, 2024 06:26 PM by Imperial Sands
Rising Embers | Dragon & Rider Rp | Open!October 12, 2024 05:56 PM

Imperial Sands

Darkseeker

Give Award

Chibi Kikimora is Cute.
Credit Belongs to *Shirounagi on Picrew.

Name:

Kikimora
262 Years
Female
Class:

Nightmare
Bonded or Unbonded?:

Bonded
Resistance Rank:

Leader
Rider:

Nicodemus Brooks
Appearance:

This but if the yellow belly scales were orange.
Credit Belongs to Yahua on Picrew.

Kikimora has never been the largest of dragons, unlike her rider, always being on the shorter and more lithe side of the spectrum. At 22 feet tall at the shoulder, Mor is definitely not the largest dragon in the world, and with a frame that is built for speed, agility, and precision, its no wonder how she and her rider are so lethal together. If she was taller, one could even say they were cut from the same cloth, but alas, she is not, so it is merely just a similar one.

The Nightmare Fiend has a very unique appearance for a plethora of reasons, from her coloration, to her wings, to her size. All of it tends to be noteable. However, what tends to be often overlooked is her build. Mora has a very athletic build, moving like a well oiled machine. She is most reminiscent of the apex predators of the world, having the ability to move on the ground with confidence and speed most other dragons fail to achieve. There is something almost feline about Kikimora, the way she moves and with the grace that permeates from each step, there is a fluidity to her that is just undeniable.

Her sinuous body is covered in smooth, dark scales that are predominantly black, only interspersed with streaks and highlights of fiery orange before transitioning to that same color on her belly scales. The underside of her tail, belly, and wings retains the same fiery orange hue, almost luminous, adding to her intimidating presence. . This contrast between the dark and bright colors makes her a striking figure against any backdrop. Mor's head is adorned with a crown of sharp, jagged horns that curve backward, giving her a terrifying but regal look. Her eyes are piercing, glowing with an intense, fiery orange that can rival the sun.

The wings she once had were vast and powerful, two toned in appearance so it was near impossible to see her when above her. The inside membranes are a luminous, fiery orange, especially striking when backlit by the sun, creating an eerie and awe-inspiring sight when she takes to the sky. The back of her wings, though, match the rest of her, and are as dark as the night. These wings, combined with her lightweight, muscular frame, make her one of the fastest dragons in Ederia, if not the fastest. She is known for her aerial superiority, able to outmaneuver and outpace nearly any foe.

Her wings are now in tatters, mere whispers of what they were before. Durin the attack on Ederia, Kikimora was shot out of the sky by a well aimed, fiery attack, causing her to plummet into a mountainside. But, to make matters worse, once she clawed her way to the top, she had taken an arrow to the chest, sending her careening off the mountain and into the forest below. In the process, her wings were both severely damaged. The right was practically shredded, a mangled pulp that she opted to tear off completely, knowing it would never heal anywhere near normal. Her left wing, while the wing appendage itself remained relatively intact, has shriveled and atrophied after being reduced to little more than ribbons. The stub of her right wing, and the craggy limb of her left are mere shadows of their former glory. Despite this, the left wing acts as a unique limb, with a claw that she has learned to utilize in combat and daily life, adapting to her new form, albeit reluctantly.

Along her body, sharp, bony ridges follow her spine continue to add to her armored appearance, offering protection against further attacks.
Her tail, long and whip-like, still ends in a spined fan, which aids in Mor's ability to have such heightened maneuverability.

Personality:
Aggressive | Withdrawn | Wary | Loyal | Supportive | Resilient | Stubborn | Protective - Especially of her Rider | A Bit Jaded | Slow to Trust Now | Used to be Friendlier, More Carefree | Loved to Fly | Heart Broken |

Kikimora is... well.. Not the creature she was weeks before. The more free-spirited and friendlier dragon no longer seems to exist within the Nightmarish female. Before where she was a beautiful contrast to her rider, softening him, she now seems to mirror him, taking solace in their shared grief.

Aggressive and withdrawn, Mora prefers to keep to herself and her rider, no longer enjoying taking part in social behaviors, or being around others. Before she could be classified as a social butterfly almost, but now? Now she grows uncomfortable under the gaze of others, shrinking from it and retreating from line of sight. She's a wary beast, slow to trust others, and preferring to keep her distance from them.

One thing, though, that hasn't changed is that Kikimora is protective of her rider. It's far more amplified now, taking even the friendliest of approaches as some form of threat. Mor is defensive now, preferring that no one approaches her or her rider. However, part of her knows that can't be, that she needs to relearn how to work with the others to defeat theri foa, but part of her is reluctant to do anything more. Truly, Kikimora is a bit depressed since losing her wings. While her rider is more motivated than ever to take back Ederia, Mor is less willing. Part of her wants to follow Nicodemus into battle and fight for their freedom. However, another part of her feels tired, like she's made her sacrifices, and that she should no longer have to fight.

This stems from her being horrifically scarred from the initial attacked. Left unable to fly, with permanently disfigured wings, Kikimora is heart broken. She was renowned for her flying capabilities, and she feels like she has lost a significant part of herself. She loved to fly, to soar through the sky, to dive and whirl, all of it. It came more naturally to her than walking. Now she never will again, and it has left her distraught and sorrowed.

Abilities:

1. Echoes of Despair: She can breathe out a sound that echoes in the minds of her enemies, causing them to relive their most traumatic experiences. This haunting sound creates a powerful emotional response, inducing a state of paralysis and despair.

2. Dreamscape Dominion: Kikimora is just as at home in the dream world as she is in the real one. She can take control of a person’s dream, shaping it to her will and using it as a battlefield where she has the advantage.

3. Nightmare Shroud: Kikimora can envelop herself in a shroud of nightmares, making her form appear as a shifting mass of shadowy horrors. This shroud can cause terror and paralysis in those who gaze upon her, making it difficult for enemies to approach or attack her directly.

4. Phantom Inferno: The dragon can breathe out a wave of flames that seem real but are entirely illusory. Victims perceive themselves being burned, experiencing the sensation of heat and pain without actual harm. This ability causes panic and confusion, leaving enemies vulnerable and afraid to move.

5. Gloom’s Touch: By touching her enemies, Kikimora can imbue them with Nightmare energy, filling them with deep feelings of loss, failure, fear, dread, etc. This ability creates an emotional burden that drains their willpower, causing them to hesitate or abandon their resolve in battle. This is highly, highly effective when combined with Echos of Despair.

6. Dreamweaver's Resurgence: She can tap into the realm of dreams to heal herself or allies, channeling the restorative energy from the dreamscape. When using this ability, Mor exhales a soothing, shimmering mist, which sinks into the being of the intended target, lulling them into a state of restful slumber. During this time, the Dreamscape energy is woven into their wounds, healing them at an accelerated rate, while also mending their physical and mental fatigue. In order for this to work on someone aside from herself, Kikimora is the one who has to actively be doing the weaving, and thus it requires her active attention. She can only actively weave on others or herself for a short duration at a time before she must rest herself. This is the ability that allowed her to save Nicodemus' life.

7. Paralytic Nightmare: One of Kikimora's more terrifying abilities, she can emit a shadowy mist that envelops a target, inducing a state of sleep paralysis. This mist seeps into the victim’s pores, causing their muscles to lock up and their body to become rigid. The experience is accompanied by a vivid and terrifying hallucination of being bound by ghostly chains or constricted by an unseen force, heightening the victim's fear and helplessness.
While under the effects of this Paralytic Nightmare, the victim is fully conscious and aware of their surroundings but utterly unable to move or call for help. It does require Mor to be completely focused on her target, and if that concentration is broken, then they will be freed from the spell. However, the after effects of this ability will leave both Mor and the target disorientated and tired, with the latter often being quite shaken and jumpy.

Strengths:

- Highly, highly maneuverable on the ground. And fast. Very fast.
- Experienced Battle Dragon.
- Extremely Precise with Attacks
- She is an Intimdating Foe to Go Up Against
- Extremely Strong Mental Will & Shielding
- Resilient and Stubborn as Hell
- She has her Strong Arm hehehehehe

Weaknesses:

- Can No Longer Fly or Even Glide
- Depressed, No Desire to Continue Fighting
- Extremely Overprotective of Nicodemus
- Not the Most Durable or Heavy Hitting Dragon
- Her Abilities Can be Quite Draining When Used in Combination
- Has Become a Bit of a Loner
- She's not the Type to Leave Someone Behind

Crush/Courting:

Nope.

Mate:

She has a Mate. But she's unsure of her Whereabouts or Status.

Kin:

None.

Affiliations:

Open

Other:
For me, Kikimora is Cannonically the Mate of Draio.

Edited at October 12, 2024 08:25 PM by Imperial Sands
Rising Embers | Dragon & Rider Rp | Open!October 12, 2024 05:57 PM

Spellbound

Lightbringer

Give Award
Reserving Resistance Second-In-Command Ice Dragon
Reserve An Unbonded Dark Dragon

Forums > Roleplay > Sign-Ups
   1    2 

Refresh

Copyright ©2013-2024 Go Go Gatsby Designs, LLC    All Rights Reserved
Terms Of Use  |   Privacy Policy   |   DMCA   |   Contact Us