Wolf Play : Generative AI
Chatbox
 Boo
12:52:21 Chrissy
ah, i didn't read that part. i'm scared ill accidentally hit stagger and ruin my dominance now. 😅

p'sky,
ahh not rain! i'm about the same.
 SixBears
12:52:15 evebot
You can't accidentally click it. It pops up a warning.
 Rebel Moon
12:52:01 
sky
what is that
 Aurora tribe
12:51:29 Mist
Dude I was getting so many leaves yesterday and now not 1 ☠️
 starmutt
12:51:24 marsh | they/it
can i toggle it off somewhere i dont want to click it accidentally
 MLadySkylar
12:51:07 P'Sky
Rebel Moon
It's a premium feature
 SixBears
12:50:58 evebot
Boo, it shows up if you're Premium.
 starmutt
12:50:49 marsh | they/it
@boo
premium packs get it free yeah?
 Rebel Moon
12:50:24 
boo
how do i grow herbs in a greenhouse
 MLadySkylar
12:49:58 P'Sky
Boo
Ehh
Monday and it's raining xD
But we shall survive
You?
 Boo
12:49:43 Chrissy
does anyone else have the wolf totem at the bottom of their den? i haven't bought one..
 starmutt
12:49:09 marsh | they/it
yeh it works within the rarity range
 Eternity
12:48:14 ET
Yeah haha, but it's nice to have one than can be used all year around.

Also I think sunscreen works on all pelt rarities.
 Boo
12:47:41 Chrissy
p'sky,
hey! how are you?

et,
it's so pretty!
 Tech
12:47:25 
Hey Chat
 starmutt
12:47:10 marsh | they/it
similar usage to sunscreen no?
 Eternity
12:46:43 ET
The rainbow potion was so fun to draw *^*
 MLadySkylar
12:46:15 P'Sky
Hi Boo
^°^
 Boo
12:45:24 Chrissy
the rainbow potion is genius, i love it so much.
 CrypticHollow
12:42:44 
I am currently revamping my whole pack to fit an aesthetic that screams me

Refresh

You must be a registered member for more
than 1 day before you can use our chatbox.
Quests
Alliance Battles
Challenges

Hourly Damage Variances
Bobcat : +4
Polar Bear : -3
Badger : +3
    Summer   Day  Weather:  Sunny

Forums

→ Wolf Play is a fun game! Sign Up Now!

My Subscriptions
My Bookmarks
My Topics
Latest Topics
Following
Forums > Socialize > Growl
   1    2    3 

Generative AISeptember 1, 2024 10:15 AM

Salt Shaker

Neutral

Give Award

Guys I hate living in the Dark Timeline.

AI has been getting so bad lately. I recently put my Toyhou.se on lockdown but there's only so much you can do without just privating the whole thing, and then what's the point of even posting stuff for people to see? Before I was paranoid about old-fashioned art thieves who would trace or outright claim pieces as their own, but they were far less scary than this I believe. At least people who traced artwork were learning some skills by doing so I guess,, people who feed it to AIs aren't accidentally teaching themselves how to draw lineart.

I had someone try to hijack my art thread here a few months ago and posted a bunch of AI art which got on my nerves because that was like My Arch Nemesis showing up at my funeral (this was when I was unsure if I would keep doing art business here as my motivation was in the gutter, and I'd just announced this on the thread). Thankfully the mods removed the posts but I'm still irritated.

I'm grateful WP takes a stand against AI art, but I'm still finding some traces of generative AI here, mainly in writing, and that annoys me too! (Disclaimer: This coming vent is about AI Writing in general, not targetted at WP) I don't think AI can truly replicate any author's voice (I have yet to see it, anyway), but the writing is just so irritating to read. Especially when their writing is praised because Guys They're Faking It, Guys They're Using ChatGPT. But it's hard to notice that when you aren't used to the patterns and unfortunately I'm really bad at explaining things. I've done what I can in my WolfPlay RP forum to spread awareness about the hints of AI writing but there's only so much you can do, and WP is just one tiny island on the internet.

Writing also infuriates me because you'll have people saying they are firmly against generative AI - and then turn around and AI-generate all of their writing because it's easier to get away with. Makes me wonder if the art communities they were in wouldn't give them so much backlash against generating "art", would they still be so against it?

My one comfort is AI tends to feed off itself and can't really make original ideas, so it could start getting stuck in a loop. But judging from the way things are going right now, I don't think people are going to get fatigued by repetitive AI ideas for a long time as long as there's still money to be made.

Woe is me. Anyway, support real artists and writers, always be paranoid, and use Glaze on all of your art pieces to try to poison AI, blablabla. Stay safe out there, uncreative lazy people with no desire to learn and grow are making it hard to do anything with passion involved.

Generative AISeptember 7, 2024 03:18 PM

los campesinos!

Neutral

Give Award

im yapping quite a bit but im very passionate about this topic. i do have a little anecdote to share that i have Definitely not spoken to salt about like 40 minutes ago

i joined wolfplay originally in 2017 when ai generation had barely evolved beyond generating a cat with 13 eyes and 8 legs, so it was never posted here at that time. i was 9 years old, i think, when i joined. way below the minimum age requirement, but who didn't do that?

towards the end of 2017, i spoke to an artist on here about how to start doing art. they recommended me to try medibang, showed me how layers worked, what drawing tablet they used. i still use them today. that was why i started art in the first place, because of this community and the real artists that were keen to show a young artist the way.

in the start of 2018, i joined my first roleplay on here and it was my first introduction to writing anything. and i loved it. coming up with ideas in my head and talking about them with other people, who shared their own ideas that they came up with. still, now when im 17 years old i've never lost that passion for roleplaying that those people sparked in me seven whole years ago. i've started middle school and graduated high school in that time.

the original art community on wolfplay has sparked my passions for creating my own original art and writing and elaborate roleplay plots that i've shared with hundreds of people, thousands, maybe. my young mind being filled with the care and creativity and soul of all the artists at that time. dash attacked and autumnwillows were my biggest inspirations, i think.

so, lets think about the same situation if i were to join wolfplay now, in 2024 as my nine year old self.

would i be inspired by generative ai "artists"? would i ask them how to get started and they'd direct me to their favourite ai image generation engine? would i learn how to write the best prompts to make the image i want instead of refining my skills with a pen?

would i have joined an ai generated roleplay with nobody brainstorming ideas, because their only ideas come from the robot in their screen? a roleplay that the owner will abandon in a week for the next plot their software spews out? would i have been able to learn how to write for myself, or would i follow in their steps and ask chatgpt to do everything for me?

7 years from now, would i still be generating images? still generating empty roleplay responses with the same five keywords the software loves to keep using?

no. i wouldn't be. generative ai does not spark creativity, it does not provide a ground to build off of. it's something that will numb your ability to be creative on your own, because its all you've ever known. i truly believe that prople who rely on ai software to make any form of "art" for them will be unable to create their own original works.

and i mean, is this really a hypothetical? there's plenty of really young people on wolfplay now, in the same position i was 7 years ago, that are now privy to this slop instead of real, motivating art.

and it worries me.

if you are reading this and you create ai generated content, do you believe its good to teach young people that it's okay to not only steal art from the artists the software is fed with, but to use it as an alternative to growing their own minds and creativity?

do you feel okay with that?

because i know, that as a kid i would believe anything someone i looked up to did was okay. no matter what it was. and i probably would have looked up to a lot of the ai generated content i've been seeing over the past few months.

i know i would not be where i am right now in terms of art and writing if generative ai was an accessable and high-quality tool 7 years ago like it is today

pick up a pen, it will make you happier.

Edited at September 7, 2024 03:24 PM by los campesinos!
Generative AISeptember 7, 2024 12:49 PM

starmutt

Neutral

Give Award

I'm not particularly versed in detecting AI in writing; I'm not a writer and don't really partake in writing spaces as much so it's not within my expertise to recognize it unfortunately.

But there definitely are AI images scattered about here as well not just writing. :( It's a pity for real because it's not something you can easily find proof for as the generators are genuinely getting better at appearing passable, as well as folks making light edits to AI work to make it more believable that they made it themselves.

There's so much AI stuff on deviantart too even after muting like 20 tags for it. That took AI images off my searchs and front page, but the daily challenges are still filled with AI stuff its unbearable. </3 I go there and all I can do is block AI uploaders in vain.

Generative AISeptember 7, 2024 12:59 PM

OCCULTIST

Art Team
Neutral

Give Award

AI content has been so frustrating. It's so annoying finding an artist you like and having to double-check if they're just posting stolen AI art. Finding a piece of writing you enjoy & then just learning its AI generated slop. I don't even touch DA anymore, its horrible there.
-
It's honestly pretty prevalent here, too. I'm also not great at spotting AI writing, but there are plently of AI images just. Sitting around. Despite WP supposedly taking a stance against AI, nothing much seems to be done. It's upsetting.

Edited at September 7, 2024 01:24 PM by OCCULTIST
Generative AISeptember 7, 2024 01:09 PM

Honey

Darkseeker

Give Award

there is SO. MUCH. AI writing on WP, it's so frustrating. i wish something was done about it, especially since WP has come out against AI

Edited at September 7, 2024 01:09 PM by Honey
Generative AISeptember 7, 2024 01:33 PM

TKO

Darkseeker

Give Award

Couldn't have said it better.

I feel betrayed almost because I pour a lot of time and effort into both writing and art; just for someone to be lazy and type a few words and have a computer generate it for them. I've stopped even being in the rp scene because of it. The authenicity of people actually putting forth work into something is quality I want to see. Not some fancy slop served on a platter by AI.

WP being against AI is a good step but man, moderation plays a huge role in it and well,,, we all know how that ball rolls. Unfortunately. If I'm being honest, it doesn't look like it's going to change either.

Sometimes I feel like if I want to share my creativity, I have to protect it with insane measures and at that point, I don't even feel like creating. Which I think is what's happening to the art market right now.

It's so disrespectful too. Why even post something you couldn't muster up yourself? Just because you think it looks/sounds bad is much better than the lifeless post of big words AI generated.

Generative AISeptember 7, 2024 01:54 PM

Salt Shaker

Neutral

Give Award
damn, i didn't notice there was a lot of AI images still. I guess I don't really look at galleries or shops much unless I know the artist already.
the writing is driving me up the wall man,, there's a definite pattern (if you see ANYONE use enigmatic and formidable in their writing you should immediately be suspicious of them, that's always the giveaway for me) but it gets hard to explain because you just gotta have an eye for that stuff.
Generative AISeptember 7, 2024 02:00 PM

Reprobate

Neutral

Give Award

I share many of the sentiments of everyone above, it really feels like a feverdream to navigate the internet with the prevalence of generative AI these days, and I'm genuinely tired of it, both as an internet user and as an artist keen on sharing creativity. We can only hope the AI-hype dies down soon enough, and it becomes less lucrative, but I don't foster much hope for all that frankly.
In the meantime, I guess we can try to carve out internet spaces for ourselves where we don't have to be confronted with and annoyed by AI generated slop; WP's stance against AI is indeed a good start, but without active moderation to back it up, it's sadly not worth much at all. And with the site moderation in it's current state, well... we can all see
Generative AISeptember 7, 2024 02:14 PM

los campesinos!

Neutral

Give Award

i feel like every few days at LEAST i see an ai generated avatar in the featured art section on the news page. and every other roleplay plot i glance at full of the telltale signs of ai generation whether directly copy pasted from the original or rewritten to sound more "human". it's insane how prolific generative ai has become on wolfplay not only through "art" but in writing too (though that is, of course, also an art form)

on a site that has for its just over 10 year lifespan been a home to hundreds of amazing artists that i've looked up to in my tender years and roleplays built up by writers pouring their souls into their works to make wolfplay a site full of art and a supportive community for new and experienced artists of all fields, to become full of ai generated, soulless slop in the past few months to a year is soul-crushing as an artist and a writer.

to see roleplay plots built by a machine that had no care for what it "wrote", empty mass-produced plots leaving behind the always empty husks of the ones before it, all recieve miles more attention than the plots built by humans who care more about their roleplay than anything is saddening more than anything else, to me, i think.

as much as wolfplay is as a site against generative ai, the community somehow manages to fuel those who use it (mostly those who ai generate "their" writing) and i think as a community we need to work on spotting these and not supporting the "artists" and "writers" who exploit generative ai by, at the very least, not joining these rinse and repeat roleplays with hardly any character behind them

support real artists

Generative AISeptember 7, 2024 02:19 PM

los campesinos!

Neutral

Give Award

of course it isn't just about wolfplay, it's just the site i probably use the most so i notice it here more. i did rejoin deviantart a little while ago and to see a site that claimed to be for supporting artists being so rife with ai generation (and even being a source for feeding generative ai with artists hard work) made me lose quite a bit of hope, considering i remember the days were people would sleuth DA for artists who showed the slightest sign of tracing or referencing another's work and burning them at the stake for it. an art site known for the community protecting artists own work becoming what it is now is truly heartbreaking

Forums > Socialize > Growl
   1    2    3 

Refresh

Copyright ©2013-2024 Go Go Gatsby Designs, LLC    All Rights Reserved
Terms Of Use  |   Privacy Policy   |   DMCA   |   Contact Us