Why is Iron considered a greyscale pelt its literally dark red lol
 Poe
10:01:15 
Sollecura-
Super cool!
 Sollecura
10:00:18 
-WP Click-

Ohhhhh...my god.....I got an SV albino in my new litter..
 Poe
09:57:02 
-WP Click-
Feeling pretty confident that I can get him to DG before heÂ’s 5. Very excited.
 Poe
09:51:20 
Nap well!
 Kháos
09:49:57 Kaos || Khaos
Goodbye chat, I want to take another nap. 😴
 Kháos
09:47:02 Kaos || Khaos
No.
 Golden Aura
09:45:53 Gold
15 pounds. She does good at wrestlingÂ… is she a heavyweight?
 kycantina
09:43:44 ky
Damn, I though stick bugs were vegetarian
 Poe
09:39:33 
Adorable
 Kháos
09:39:00 Kaos || Khaos
He just chewed on a rib bone in Pack Life.
 Stargazer
09:35:52 Bobcats side account
Your wolves played: Forever! trains with robin.

So, you get injured by a squirrel on the way home for border patrol. They're so embarrassed you have to train so it won't happen again?
 Kháos
09:35:24 Kaos || Khaos
😭 I wouldn't have linked him otherwise xD
 Poe
09:33:54 
Wow canÂ’t believe heÂ’s actually real.
 kycantina
09:33:06 ky
Oh I was thinking battle prospect lol
 Kháos
09:32:53 Kaos || Khaos
Mac-
Black Phase, he has 17 dominance in my den so more towards the bottom.
 kycantina
09:32:45 ky
Absolutely. Put all your mush into him.
 Noquisi
09:32:40 Mac | Nikwasi
Nevermind. Black phase
 Noquisi
09:32:21 Mac | Nikwasi
Why am I blanking on what a BP is >>
 Kháos
09:32:11 Kaos || Khaos
Do you think he's worth trying to train? 🤔

Refresh

You must be a registered member for more
than 1 day before you can use our chatbox.
Quests
Alliance Battles
Challenges

Hourly Damage Variances
Bobcat : -5
Coyote : -1
Mojave Green Rattler : -3
    Fall   Day  Weather:  Hurricane

Forums

→ Wolf Play is a fun game! Sign Up Now!

My Subscriptions
My Bookmarks
My Topics
Latest Topics
Following
Forums > Roleplay > Sign-Ups
   1    2    3 

The Black Lotus Syndicate | Assassins CLOSEDJuly 23, 2024 09:53 PM

Sir Froggington

Lightbringer

Give Award

Welcome to the Black Lotus Syndicate hosted by yours truly Sir Froggington and Caribou Creek

OPEN/CLOSED

Links

Discussion - Here

Thread - Here

Advertisement

https://wolfplaygame.com/forums.php?f=28&t=91874

The Black Lotus Syndicate must prevent the treaty between the Kingdoms of Kraegios and Rayong or face the end of the Assassin's Guild. Small group roleplay, semi-literate+

Background

The Black Lotus Syndicate is a small secretive society founded nearly 200 years ago, living tucked away along the outskirts of Kraegios. Years ago their society was funded by the help of a dying church community, who had been manipulated into giving them money for a cause they did not know the true intent of. Due to the feuding between Kraegios and Rayong over the years, they have thrived because of the advantages that feuding kingdoms bring by lending their aid to both kingdoms for various reasons.

Now, years later, their funding has greatly died out, and their society has been pushed underground into more secrecy. The group is smaller and more desperate to regain the wealth they had at their beginning. They are afraid of losing further wealth as the two kingdoms are trying to make peace. If a treaty is made between the kingdoms, assassins like themselves are at risk of being rooted out and killed for their crimes. The signing of the peace treaty is taking place soon, which means there's a limited window of time to strike. Will they succeed?"

Thank you Edling for helping with the Assassin Guild name <3

Edited at July 28, 2024 07:58 PM by Sir Froggington
The Black Lotus Syndicate | Assassins CLOSEDJuly 23, 2024 10:21 PM

Caribou Creek

Neutral

Give Award

Rules

-We expect all of SixBears (Eve's) rules to apply here

-We ask that you do not steal or copy ideas or kingdom/guild names that are used in this roleplay

-This is a small group rp, which means there are limited slots. Reservations last up to 24 hours, please let one or both of us know if you'd like an extension!

-Please be active or let us know if you're going to be busy! As a small group, it will require everyone to post semi-frequently to keep things moving along. Life can get busy, but try to at least get out one post a week

-This is semi-lit/literate! There is no required word count, but posts should have enough detail to allow others to respond accordingly. Please use proper grammar and puncuation so others can understand

-Drama and plot help is highly encouraged! Active discussions make things more fun and keep motivation up, this should be fun and interactive for everyone

-Please do not feel offended if you are not accepted! Because there are limited roles we may be a bit pickier with who gets selected. It is nothing against you personally!!

-No perfect characters. These are assassins, afterall

-Three strikes and you're out policy

Character Sheet Rules

-When filling out your character sheet, it is highly encouraged to have at least a minimum of two paragraphs (200 words) for both personality and appearance

-If applying for the role of Leader, character age should be at least 30 years or older

-Please have at least 3 strengths and 3 weaknesses added to your character

-In "Other" please add at least 3 plot drama or worldbuilding ideas!

-Keep in mind this takes place in medieval times so your character should match this!

Edited at July 24, 2024 09:18 PM by Caribou Creek
The Black Lotus Syndicate | Assassins CLOSEDJuly 23, 2024 11:13 PM

Sir Froggington

Lightbringer

Give Award

The Black Lotus Syndicate Hierarchy

"I pledge that I, a member of the Black Lotus Syndicate, will be loyal and render unconditional obedience unto death to the Syndicate and the leader even when threatened with fates worse than death.

Leader

The Leader is the highest ranking member in the Black Lotus Syndicate. While they can ask for advice from other's, to depend too fully on other's ideas threatens the position of the leader. The Syndicate members pay strict attention to their rankings and who has been the most successful and made the most proficient use of their skills. The leader needs to have a quick clever mind as they are in charge of the plans for jobs and accomplishing the organization's goals. They are the only one who can accept new members. Leaders are generally very experience and have proved their loyalty, proficiency, and discretion over many years so they are generally 30+ years old. Very rarely does someone younger who has been raised in the Syndicate rise to power before they are thirty.

I will carry out my missions with proficiency and to the best of my ability without hesitation using whatever means are required to finish the mission.

Deputy

The Deputy is the second highest ranking member in the Syndicate. They are in charge of the training of members and will often take control in the leader's absence or upon the leader's death until the Zealots choose a new leader. They are generally in charge of the trials that aspiring members will go through.

I will be discrete and keep the secrets, goals, and ambitions of members and the Syndicate.

Zealot

Zealots are full members of the organization and fully trusted and trained. The culmination of their training and loyalty is displayed in the completion of a successful assignment from their leader. They are allowed to voice their opinions and are the ones who are sent after disloyal Disciples. Often, the Deputy assigns them lower ranked members to train. (The only Zealots in this roleplay are the Leader and the Deputy.)

Until the last petal falls or the end of the world."

Disciple

The Disciples are the bulk of the organization and do most of the dirty work. They are being trained to be assassins and many get killed in the line of duty while proving their loyalty. Your secrets are laid bare before your leader before you are allowed to progress further and the Disciple must tell their leader every secret that could weaken them. While Disciples are commonly used for missions, they are generally not told all the pertinent information or why they are doing a job. Occassionally, they are sent to hunt down disloyal deserting Alcolytes.

Loyalty ~ Proficiency ~ Discretion

Alcolyte

The Alcolytes are the lowest ranking members in the Syndicate, and they are trained to be observant and pick up and remember interesting tidbits of information. Very rarely are they included in missions. They are also known as informants, scouts, or spies and have committed the rest of their lives to the Syndicate by taking an oath and getting a brand of a Lotus just below the collarbone of the left side. They give everything to the Syndicate becoming fully dependent on the organization for their survival, and they cut all ties with their family and loved ones and often take a new name. They have to be in the Syndicate for at least six months generally a year before they are allowed to begin transitioning to a higher role in the organization.

~~~

Character Sheet

Name:

Personality:

Appearance:

Strengths:

Weaknesses:

Affiliations:

Other:

Edited at July 24, 2024 09:16 PM by Sir Froggington
The Black Lotus Syndicate | Assassins CLOSEDJuly 23, 2024 11:46 PM

Caribou Creek

Neutral

Give Award

Black Lotus Syndicate

Masterlist

Leader/Zealot

[Cassian|Male|Portrayed by silhouetteissleepy]

Deputy/Zealot

[Sylphiel|Female|Portrayed by The Bewitched]

Disciples

[Draven|Male|Portrayed by Caribou Creek]

[Kieran|Male|Portrayed by Honey]

[Adelaide|Female|Portrayed by Nirvana_Sky]

Alcolytes

[Mavros|Male|Portrayed by Edling]

[Vixen|Female|Portrayed by Sir Froggington]

Edited at July 25, 2024 07:48 PM by Caribou Creek
The Black Lotus Syndicate | Assassins CLOSEDJuly 24, 2024 12:07 AM

Spellbound

Lightbringer

Give Award
Removed.

Edited at July 25, 2024 03:56 PM by Spellbound
The Black Lotus Syndicate | Assassins CLOSEDJuly 24, 2024 02:17 AM

Caribou Creek

Neutral

Give Award

☽✬ Draven Facilier ✬☾

"I will not water myself down to make me more digestible for you. You can simply choke."

Aliases

"Widow Maker"|"Masked Raven"

24 years

Male

He/Him

Orientation

Bisexual

Rank

Disciple

Appearance

Draven stands at a rather intimidating 6'3", his form long and slender, but not necessarily so slender as to seem unhealthy or skinny. His arms and torso are quite toned, strengthened from regular bow use, and his hands are quite large with slender fingers.

Draven's face shape could be described as something akin to a diamond, his facial structure angular and defined with his cheekbones set quite high. His brows are thick and dark, often seen furrowed in a scowl above his deeper set eyes, in which darker pigmintation sits ever-present beneath them. His nose is fairly long and rounded at the tip, his bridge slightly crooked and bumped as if it was once broken and never healed properly. His more harsh features are softened and covered by fairly thick and dark stubble that runs along his jaw, chin, and upper lip.

Draven's eyes are hooded, often giving them a seductive and lidded appearance, especially paired with his thick dark lashes. They are a strikingly bright hazel, mostly amber in color with an inner ring of green and flecks of gold that are most noticeable in the light of the sun. His lips are fairly thin, but still sport an attractive plumpness. Draven's skin is a warm and inviting tan, browned by the sun. It is marked with scars, but nothing out of the ordinary or odd. The one scar that draws any sort of small attention is the one marked across the left side of his upper lip, crossing down partially over the bottom one. Otherwise his skin is warm and smooth, no other blemishes often present.

Draven's hair is a glistening and shiny black, similar to the feathers of a crow or raven. It is often a bit ruffled and messy, his gentle waves falling around his face, and the back just long enough to lick the lower half of his neck.

In terms of clothing, Facilier can be most often seen in darker colors paired with earthy tones such as green, brown, and gold. A thick black hooded cloak is often draped around his shoulders, helping to conceal his form amongst the shadows at night, and his feet are always covered with black boots. His bow and arrows are never too far out of reach, and his waist is always strapped with a belt filled with various knives and daggers, some delicately laced with poison.

Image @Hera on Picrew

Personality

Taciturn|Self-Reliant|Discreet|Asocial|Cunning|Devoted|Blunt

Draven is quite the stand-offish and antisocial individual. He highly dislikes interacting with others for extended periods of time, preferring to work alone and on his own terms rather than being bossed around or impeded on. He is known to be very independent and self-reliant (to a flaw), rarely ever asking others for help even if he truly needs it. This lack of reliance on others stems not only from arrogance, but also from past traumas from a young age that he has since buried, not even truly recognizing himself.

Despite generally being a soul who doesn't like to engage in conflict, he is known to be quite blunt and forward when speaking. He could be described as someone who doesn't like to take shit from anyone, and will try and put a stop to it with his words before engaging in a physical spat. It is however, rare to catch Draven in long extents of conversation at all. He is a man of few words, often spending his time listening and observing others rather than speaking with them. He is quite opinionated...but silently so. The only times his opinions are released are in times where he sees them fit to be; which is few and far between.

Draven is a secretive man. Even though his secrets have been lain bare before his leader, he still holds an aura of mystery amongst some of the other members of the Black Lotus Syndicate, making him at times seen as untrustworthy. No matter this, he has not once given anyone any reason to doubt his loyalty or dedication to the organization. His jobs are completed swiftly, efficiently, cleanly, and discreetly, making him among one of the most trusted and respected of the Disciples.

Facilier is a quietly cunning soul with a silver tongue. His manner of speaking is eloquent and persuasive when it needs to be, lacing his words with a charm many simply cannot place. This way with words allows him to get close with those he needs to get close to when the times call for it.

Like most things concerning his preferences and personality, Draven prefers to take out targets silently from a distance. This does not mean he will not resort to hand-to-hand if need be however.

Archery|Daggers|Night/Darkness|Being alone|Reading|Nature

Dislikes

Busy crowds|Being bothered|Arguing|Hand-to-hand combat|Being underestimated

Strengths

|Stalking/Archery|

Like most things about his personality, even Draven's preferred method of killing is distant and secluded. An aerial shooter, he prefers to dispose of his targets by bow and arrow. Because of this, he is extremely skilled in creeping along dark and high places undetected, and his archery skills aren't closely matched.

|Observant|

Draven is very intelligent when it comes to his own survival. He isn't one who could be considered book-smart, but he knows his way around people and is extremely good at picking up on things most others would not.

|Quick-Witted|

It is rare that you will catch Draven in a state of stunned speechlessness when being slandered or approached with any sort of conflict situation. He is often able to easily have a solution or comeback at the ready, which comes in handy in riskier missions where unexpected events may take place and ruin the overall plan.

|Deceitful|

At first glance one may think this is a weakness or negative trait. While it may be negative, it is certainly not a weakness for Draven, especially in his line of work. His job relies on being able ploy and trick others, especially when it comes to targets he has to engage with physcially. He is a master at using his charm and sharp mind to deceive the innocent--and the guilty.

Weaknesses

|Controlling|

Draven is an individual who likes to have his way. Working closely alongside others is not his strong-suit, especially with those of lower ranks. He does not like being told what to do by those he deems less than himself.

|Petty|

Facilier at times can be quite petty and hold grudges against people for small, unimportant things they've done. Because of this, he can at times be quite unnecessarily unkind.

|Possessive|

Draven is known to be quite protective and possessive over people and objects he loves, and can become quite upset when those things are threatened.

|Judgemental|

Draven is extremely judgemental of his peers, although he will rarely ever speak his opinions. He is respectable until provoked.

Affiliations

Open!

Other

-Draven earned the alias "Widow Maker" rather early on after becoming a Disciple. This was due to his extremely high success rates when it came to disposing of male targets, leaving their spouses widowed.

-The alias "Masked Raven" was also earned fairly early on. His aerial killing (and most killing in general) is done while wearing an old bone mask with a raven painted on it in black ink.

Worldbuilding Plot Stuffs

-I like the idea of a traitor in their midst, and I would love to explore the possibility of Draven being said traitor. He is a hard one to read and a hard one to get close to, but I feel as if there was someone or something he cared for enough, or if there was some sort of advantage to betraying the Syndicate he would do it. Perhaps he gets caught on one of his singular missions and is offered a deal by an important member of one of the kingdoms??

-Toying with the idea of the Syndicate members crashing a masquerade ball for some sort of heist or in order to hit more than one singular target. Perhaps a kidnapping?

-One or more members of the Syndicate being either separated during a mission or captured by one of the kingdoms

Edited at July 26, 2024 01:07 PM by Caribou Creek
The Black Lotus Syndicate | Assassins CLOSEDJuly 24, 2024 02:22 AM

Edling

Neutral

Give Award

~Mavros “Mav” Kerridge~

Aliases:

Mason Rusk - Former name, one that hadn’t ever really held more than personal baggage and one he thought little of shedding

Crimson Magician - A former label that a life of thievery earned him in the Westernmost nations

Magiano - A myth, a legend, a rumored demon who preys on those weak-willed to dark deceits in the localized towns and foreign region Mavros hails from

Male

Sexuality:

Yes - Albeit Harbors Disillusionment On The Definition Of Love

Alcolyte

Appearance:

Mavros is easily an entity that embodies the definition of what it means to be tempted by something imperfectly perfect. With an angular facial structure, akin to a diamond, Mav definitively possesses a set of higher reigning cheekbones prominent beneath sunken eyes flawed with the discoloration of ever-present exhaustion. In stark contrast, Mavros’ eyes are a lively spectacle made up of a striking emerald green pigment with hints of bronze peppered beside his pupil. With a semi-narrow, yet downturned shape, these eyes possess wispy onyx lashes that often spill over his sight. Above these alluring orbs sit eyebrows that are of an average thickness at the beginning, while they form a slight arch just short of the midpoint before lightly thinning at the ends.

In terms of other features, the most unremarkable would be the man’s nose - both mediocre and unassuming to even a seasoned critic’s eye. However, if one had to describe it, it could be regarded as having a pointed tip, paired with a straight bridge and narrow nostrils. Notably, Mav would look to have a touch of hollowness to his cheeks and a strict jawline. While he tends to put in effort to remain clean-shaven, he’s not without periods of embracing both light and more moderate stubble peppering his visage. It often depends on circumstance, opportunity, and his mood of course to determine how much grooming he invests in himself.

Grooming, of course, never translates to the touseled, improper, and thick ringlets atop his head. This thick, buoyant-appearing hair parrots the coloration of a raven; a wholly black shade of color, yet glossy in appearance when reflecting the sun's rays. The soft ticks and curves of his curls curtain his forehead, yet it’s not so much untamed that it impairs his vision. The style also tapers off nicely at the nape of his neck, and Mav has never been one to let it grow beyond such a length.

Being not-so-blessed to stand at a more average height of 5’9, to coincide with this shorter stance, the impression of being formidable falls very short with Mav. If it weren’t for the prominent toning he’s gained along his long limbs, he risks being perceived as a strictly lankily limbed creature. Having an athletic mass, the young man carries a figure resembling a more proportional rectangular shape - with his shoulders squaring even with his hips. Mav’s skin could be perceived as a warmer shade of porcelain and is not without harboring both accenting beauty marks scattered across the realm of his physique, as well as craters of imperfection in the form of various scarring. While having no mark abundantly severe, these bodily accents he has are not distinctly ignorable either. Both jagged and clean lines flaw his otherwise warm skin, more so collecting along his upper arms, abdomen, and legs. While he could not account for how each varying scar has been earned, he is not a man averse to conjuring wild and magnificent tales to go along with each one.

Personality:

Greedy; Mavros has operated more on greed than oxygen for most of his life, and not so surprisingly, it has also cost him greatly. From a young age, Mav had thirsted to have nothing short of everything he deserved in life, which led him to acquire a taste for nothing but the best. Though the only thing more valuable to Mavros than acquiring currency or shiny possessions is his life, and while not the easiest thing to swallow, he is a man capable of setting aside this trait for the sake of self-preservation when needed.

Resourceful; Having survived for a large portion of his childhood on creative thinking and the resources provided around him, Mavros is more than capable of making the most out of many environments he finds himself in. Life has certainly knocked him off his feet more than a few times, but his resourceful nature has always provided him the ground to begin to get a leg back up on. From utilizing makeshift tools and weapons (that in childhood had been used for no more than catching food and making simple things), the world could easily be Mav’s oyster when he puts his mind to work. Having also been around a lot over the years, he has found socializing among various locations and with certain people has provided him with reliable connections and sources. With the information and interesting details that has been divulged to him, Mav had learned it sells for a pretty price - which inadvertently put him on the radar of the same people he has now sworn himself to.

Quick-witted; Thinking on a dime is one of the most valuable assets Mavros has ever acquired and one that has been a literal life-saver on more than one occasion. While he had perfected this art in his time of being a focused thief, it goes hand-in-hand with the expectations required of being able to perform as a well-functioning being within the organization he’s found himself in. While this is mostly perceived as an asset, Mav also has the habit of jumping to conclusions rather quickly and acting on impulse with less consideration if he believes at the moment that the first decision to come to mind is the right one to lead with.

Opportunistic; When an advantageous opportunity arises, Mavros is an individual who generally seizes what is presented to him. The only factors he considers when weighing opportunity are the rewards and the risk to his own health. If choosing to divulge in even the most tempting of opportunities risks his livelihood in ways he would rather not gamble with, he’ll recoil, albeit channel the dismay of his lost opportunity into various other means of personal satisfaction and contentment.

Attentive; Most notably, Mav is a wonderful listener, which is one of the most prominent qualities to have earned him confidence within people capable of feeding him valuable information. Reading people is also a skill that Mav has worked very hard to get down to a science, furthermore for the sake of knowing how to better approach situations with others that will provide him with the incentive to gain any kind of advantage.

Charming; Being able to swindle and charm, to persuade and bait, comes very natural to Mavros. This kind of quality is something he’s never had to work hard at using, even having found his charm to be capable of allowing him to talk himself in and out of trouble on quite a few occasions. Beyond using his charm for impure intentions, Mav can just authentically be a charismatic and amiable entity to be around.

Cunning; Carefully crafted deceits, well-executed manipulations, and a guileful frame of mind provide Mav with a cunning streak almost worthy of manifesting fear in those he chooses to use it against. While primarily used for self-interest, and for when it is necessary, Mavros skillfully places people into positions of aiding him - whether they realize such a thing or not. Being someone who cannot rely on physical strength alone or enviable combat, Mavros’ mind is his best friend when it comes to ensuring not only his survival but also his value.

Detached; Mavros has found it imperative in his life to maintain an emotional distance from his actions and their consequences, having viewed his approach to survival as a means to an end that’s satisfied him enough to not stray from how he’s chosen to live. This has also resulted in a lack of ability to maintain genuine connections with people, sourced from a truth that if he were to allow himself to become too emotionally invested in someone, it would become a distraction, and easily something that challenge and compromise his turmoil of preserving himself.

Loyal; Prior to the Syndicate, Mavros only had himself and a handful of connections to be steadfastly loyal to. It’s been vital for his own survival to have his own best interest at heart when no one and nothing else did, which left little room for him to explore what it meant to be dedicated to something beyond himself. While Mav’s initial sense of loyalty to the Syndicate is one that is more pragmatic, recognizing the practical benefits being a member provides for him, it’s also given him a reason to rethink the personal values that left him so desperate as to swear himself so definitely to something he otherwise would have strayed from ever being associated with. In any case, Mavros is at the very least a man of his word. A promise is a promise, a vow is a vow - no matter how inconvenient it may be to him to fulfill.

Sarcastic; While he does have a penchant for a diverse range of humor, Mavros generally is one to practice sarcasm as a second language. Most often, he would like to believe he reserves it for humorous banter and using it for good fun, but there are times he dances on the line of timing when delivering his sarcastic comments and retorts. The trouble with his sarcasm as well, is that its delivery can be so fluid, some tend to mistake it as authentic, which does not always fair well for him.

Open-Minded; While still carrying his own personal beliefs and perspectives of the world and people around him, Mavros is very open to listening and understanding the ways in which the world may be viewed in the eyes of others. Being able to embrace and acknowledge diverse perspectives has also been a tool that’s allowed him to properly maintain confidence in those he finds himself reliant on for various reasons, as well as those he seeks to acquire information from. Mav is also a man more than willing to learn anything useful that’s offered to him, even beyond his realm of current capability, if only to pursue a more crucial necessity of growing his sense of adaptability and versatility.

Strengths:

Quick Thinker: Intelligence alone is only a strength if one can properly utilize it, and Mavros certainly can with both speed and efficiency. His rapid intellect makes him quick on his feet when it comes to analyzing everything around him, and compelling him to make well-informed decisions in a very short period of time. This also plays a hand in his quick-witted responses and the ability to adapt on a dime if need be.

Agile; Most mastered in his livelihood before the Syndicate, Mavros is a creature capable of efficient speed and nimble movements. It has been most utilized to get him in and out of problematic places and trouble, but he’s also more than capable of harnessing his agility for the sake of stealth.

Acquiring Information; One of his most valuable assets is the ability to earn the confidence of people who have vital details worth sharing. If not directly earned, Mavros has a specific knack for knowing both how to blend in and where to place himself in order to overhear crucial conversations or witness less than legitimate trades and transactions.

Throwing Knives/Concealed Knives; In his youth, Mavros practiced the art of throwing knives as both a pastime, and as a creative way to manifest well-timed distractions. His aim is usually relatively true, although he is not without missing his mark on occasion. As per concealed knives, it became more crucial with the more bridges he’s burned across various stretches of land to be better suited at defending himself. The easiest and most effective method for him to learn was how to properly wield concealed knives on his person when in close confrontation and combat with another.

Acting; Where Mavros may lack in the learned discipline of those both above him and generally surround him, he does make up for in being able to pull tricks out of his sleeve. He’s more inclined to make a stealthy getaway when faced with difficult situations, and could fight back to a degree if need be, but Mavros also possesses the skill of faking it until he makes it. This is typically associated with his charm, but he can mirror enough intimidating mannerisms to at least give the illusion he may be a formidable entity, if only to buy him enough time to think of a more creative solution to get out of harm's way.

Weaknesses:

Combat; While Mavros can use knives as a defense fairly well, he is no more than barely above a novice when it comes to properly handling himself in combat, most especially against someone with legitimate training and practiced technique.

Physical Strength; There is not a ton of physical power backing Mavros, although he is far from fragile or necessarily weak. Overpowering people through brute strength alone is a fight he knows he will usually not win, and because he’s gotten off on being more nimble and crafty, he’s gone out of his way to dedicate himself to building his strength.

Impulsive; Only in moments where he needs to be quick of thought does Mav act on impulse, typically going with the first thought he has on instinct. Usually, he trusts his attentive nature to make informed decisions on a dime, but sometimes this approach means he fails to consider the bigger picture.

At War With Himself; Having only taken the oath and been ushered in as a member of the Syndicate a handful of months ago, Mavros is in a current state of grueling personal transition. Giving himself to an organization went against everything he valued even a year ago, but everything he valued had also led him down a path of fear and desperation. The Syndicate offered somewhere to belong, but he did not initially grasp that he would be selling his soul. Despite the personal challenges and growth he has had to acknowledge and adapt to, the Syndicate has also at least given him the incentive to dare to think of a future - and while there is a long path ahead for him still, he’s dedicated enough to strive to be better, and most importantly, to not burn this sacred bridge.

Guarded; Mavros is not someone who knows how to properly handle authentic emotions and feelings towards people, let alone in closer connections, which has led him to keep people at a distance. This isn't to say he's unfriendly or directly indifferent, he just tends to be a bit more enigmatic when it comes to knowing him on a personal level. He's had no one but himself for a very long time, and while self-reliance is generally a good quality, he's leaned so much into himself that he struggles to depend on and lean on anyone else.

Affiliations:

Open - PM me

Backstory:

The only thing Mavros recalls before age six was the brutal civil war that had engulfed his homeland, and being sent with a small number of other children by boat to seek refuge with an extension of people from their land who were established across the sea. He could not say he remembers the faces, voices, or native language of his parents. A clergy of priests devoted to a dying polytheistic religion in an isolated village were the ones who intercepted Mav and the other children, where his original name had been butchered into ‘Mason Rusk’, although he does not recall his original birth name. Mavros had considered the other children he found sanctuary with his siblings, to some degree, anyway. Resources were scarce in the localized village, and hunger was a close friend - yet Mavros was taught how to survive off of what was available. Learning how to properly hunt and prepare food, fish, read and write, and sew makeshift clothing, as well as learn the customs of the religion he was surrounded by were all things Mavros had under his belt by ten. This didn’t stop Mav from acquiring the taste to have more than what circumstance provided though, and thus he began teaching himself the art of thieving. Whether it be from the food offerings to the gods in the village temples, small items from his own peers, or whatever goods he could from travelers who would ride down a path not so far from his village that went in the direction of the closest town, that otherwise considered the village a threat to their own increasingly popular religious customs and way of life.

Mav's life went up in literal flames within the village at age fourteen, when he became the sole fleeing survivor of the slaughtering and persecution of the village inhabitants. The village of Magio was no more, but from the ashes of the place wrongfully swallowed by a hate-fueled inferno had birthed the tale of Magiano - a demon of the dark arts who had been set free after the persecution of ‘the village of sinners’. The myth had twisted itself over a short amount of time and spread through various towns in the region, though in all truth the monster they had believed to exist was only a boy blessed with masterful thievery, very creative theatrics, and gossip. Mavros had convinced himself back then that he had never truly been close enough to anyone within his village to mourn them, if only to cast aside the survivor’s guilt that would have otherwise hindered his own self-preservation.

Eventually, Mav’s way of escape from the lands he had grown tired of by seventeen had been by bribing, hiding among cargo, being transported by ships to various ports, and adapting to survive in the new environments where he had begun to earn a new label for his thieving reputation among the Western Sealands - the Crimson Magician. Through the several years Mav spent mastering street games rigged for his success, learning how to use social engineering to his advantage, and ultimately utilizing the skill of adapting his identity to be whomever he may need to be in the pursuit of his selfish aspirations, the more danger he began exposing himself to. More specifically when it came to more prominently influential entities within the Sealands and the sensitive details Mav had come in possession of pertaining to them.

Before things could become any more dangerous, Mavros fled again, reaching a port in Kraegios, and inserting himself into the more underground and black market communities surrounding the port. There Mavros had begun selling the same information he was being pursued for, and furthermore began establishing a rapport with small, yet reliable sources within the area and community. Short of a year passed of Mavros balancing the careful trade of secrets as well as remaining hidden enough to evade those he was seeking to avoid. Mav's method of survival through the selling of more appealing secrets though garnered the attention of the Leader of the same Syndicate he soon swore himself to, which has more or less led Mavros to no choice other than to commit to his new path and strive for no more than to maintain both his oath and himself.

Other:

Crashing or infiltrating some kind of key event held between the kingdoms to celebrate their impending union under the peace treaty - whether it be a ball, tournament, or seasonal festival of some kind is bound to rouse some drama.

A potential personal vendetta for one of the assassins become intertwined with the guild’s goal and complicates things, or worse, suspicions of betrayal or a double agent. It might be a little more difficult to work in a legitimate betrayal in such a small group, but it could be possible, and it would add higher stakes/difficulties to the general mission.

It might be worth considering the direct links of feuding between the kingdoms, for the sake of the assassins being able to weaponize aspects of the simmered animosity and unbury it to at least kickstart some unrest in order to more clearly lay the track to their goal? If it’s a historically based feud (maybe disputed land claims, an ‘improper’ founding of one of the kingdoms), stirring the pot of injustices and slights each kingdom has between them could certainly fan the flames of the fire they’re trying to cage. Religious or ideological differences usually make for the foundation of seething dislike between societies, so the guild could take aim at religious/ideological influencers versus just political entities? There’s also the intricacy of blackmail and bribery to extract information the guild could probably utilize in their favor.

Lots of loose ideas/suggestions here, but it’s something :)

Edited at July 26, 2024 12:32 AM by Edling
The Black Lotus Syndicate | Assassins CLOSEDJuly 24, 2024 12:20 PM

Honey

Darkseeker

Give Award
res disciple please :)
The Black Lotus Syndicate | Assassins CLOSEDJuly 24, 2024 12:31 PM

Caribou Creek

Neutral

Give Award
Reserving^^

Honey said: