Wolf Play : Scorched Embers | Dragon & Rider Rp | Open!
Chatbox
 starmutt
10:03:41 marsh | they/it
Why is Iron considered a greyscale pelt its literally dark red lol
 Poe
10:01:15 
Sollecura-
Super cool!
 Sollecura
10:00:18 
-WP Click-

Ohhhhh...my god.....I got an SV albino in my new litter..
 Poe
09:57:02 
-WP Click-
Feeling pretty confident that I can get him to DG before heÂ’s 5. Very excited.
 Poe
09:51:20 
Nap well!
 Kháos
09:49:57 Kaos || Khaos
Goodbye chat, I want to take another nap. 😴
 Kháos
09:47:02 Kaos || Khaos
No.
 Golden Aura
09:45:53 Gold
15 pounds. She does good at wrestlingÂ… is she a heavyweight?
 kycantina
09:43:44 ky
Damn, I though stick bugs were vegetarian
 Poe
09:39:33 
Adorable
 Kháos
09:39:00 Kaos || Khaos
He just chewed on a rib bone in Pack Life.
 Stargazer
09:35:52 Bobcats side account
Your wolves played: Forever! trains with robin.

So, you get injured by a squirrel on the way home for border patrol. They're so embarrassed you have to train so it won't happen again?
 Kháos
09:35:24 Kaos || Khaos
😭 I wouldn't have linked him otherwise xD
 Poe
09:33:54 
Wow canÂ’t believe heÂ’s actually real.
 kycantina
09:33:06 ky
Oh I was thinking battle prospect lol
 Kháos
09:32:53 Kaos || Khaos
Mac-
Black Phase, he has 17 dominance in my den so more towards the bottom.
 kycantina
09:32:45 ky
Absolutely. Put all your mush into him.
 Noquisi
09:32:40 Mac | Nikwasi
Nevermind. Black phase
 Noquisi
09:32:21 Mac | Nikwasi
Why am I blanking on what a BP is >>
 Kháos
09:32:11 Kaos || Khaos
Do you think he's worth trying to train? 🤔

Refresh

You must be a registered member for more
than 1 day before you can use our chatbox.
Quests
Alliance Battles
Challenges

Hourly Damage Variances
Bobcat : -5
Coyote : -1
Mojave Green Rattler : -3
    Fall   Day  Weather:  Hurricane

Forums

→ Wolf Play is a fun game! Sign Up Now!

My Subscriptions
My Bookmarks
My Topics
Latest Topics
Following
Forums > Roleplay > Fantasy
   1    2    3    4   ..   9 

Scorched Embers | Dragon & Rider Rp | Open!July 24, 2024 05:03 PM

Imperial Sands

Darkseeker

Give Award
Scorched Embers
Previously Known as Burning Embers; It felt fitting to give the updated plot an updated name.

The Kingdom of Ederia is famed for a lot of things, attaining high praise from all those that look upon her. However, there is one thing Ederia is most renowned for: Dragon Riders. The only Kingdom to have come up with a way to tame the legendary beasts, to ride upon their backs as one. It has been like this for decades, perhaps even centuries, few really know. And, together in harmony, Dragons and Humans have lived, creating a proserpous nation.

The Dragon Academy of Ederia is like none other, literally there are no others known to the world. A place where young students who have been lucky enough to be chosen by their dragons go to learn to become the most revered role in all of Ederia: Dragon Riders. Few are selected, as dragons are known to be an entirely selective species, but those who are chosen must learn quickly, and that is where the Academy comes in. Exerpienced riders teach the fledgling riders and their dragons how to work together as one, as well as everything the youths will need to know about dragons and what they are up against in the world.

It sounds like a beautiful, wonderful place, right?

Too bad all good things must come to an end.

Jealous nations, wanting to claim the glory for themselves and bring down Ederia have set their sights on destroying the Academy. It was only a matter of time before the succeeded too. One night, the forces of another Kingdom infilitrated the Kingdom, intent on burning it all. And they did. The Academy was destroyed, the cities burned, and it's occupants, the ones who tried to resist and fight back, were slaughtered. In hopes of preserving a little bit of their legacy so that hope would remain, the Leaders of Ederia and the Dragon Riders commanded the students to flee, to survive, and hopefully find the last ray of hope for Ederia: The Hidden Outpost.

This Outpost, one of Ederia's Best Kept Secrets, is where some of the more experienced Rider Pairs are assigned, silently keeping the borders safe and helping allying nations with their own problems. They're the unseen force keeping the far touches of Ederia safe, and they are the best hope that Ederia has at reclaiming it's rightful place and overthrowing this foe.

The problem? It's a Hidden Outpost.Very few know where it is, and fewer have survived, and none are among the Surviving Group of riders. It is rumored that there is a Dragon,one long thought lost to time and war, knows where the Outpost is, but finding him is a feat in and of itself. Still, it's their best chance if they ever want to return home.

And so, our heros venture forth, to find the Lost Dragon and the Hidden Outpost, hoping that when they return, they'll be able to free Ederia from the clutches of her Captors.

Ehehehe Welcome to my New Rendition of Burning Embers. Let's try to enjoy her shall we?
Thank you!

Edited at July 24, 2024 05:48 PM by Imperial Sands
Scorched Embers | Dragon & Rider Rp | Open!July 24, 2024 05:04 PM

Imperial Sands

Darkseeker

Give Award
The Rules of the Roleplay
Follow all of WP's and Eve's Rules.
1. Be Active. Sometimes I'm not on for a couple of days, but I expect everyone to be as active as they can for the rp. Unless you are waiting for someone to post, you should be posting. Posts should be occurring every 3-ish days.
2. Reservations last 48 hours. You know how I work if they aren't done in time. You may ask for One Extention of Up to 12 Hours, but You Must Ask Before the Reservation has Expired.
4. Maximum of 4 Characters per Person for Now. All I ask is you finish the characters you reserved and started first before reserving more.
5. Semi-Realism and Semi-Literacy are required. Please do not make me explain myself.
6. I had an old rule here that I removed and I don't know what to replace it with, and I'm too lazy to think of something new.
7. The New Riders are new, they will not be experts at Dragon Riding. Mistakes will be made, and they do not know everything.
8. For now, your own dragon and your own rider cannot be partners, this it to prevent people from not having others to post with.
9. I reserve the Right to Deny Applications for this Rp. I won't tolerate disrespect or rude behavior if your application gets denied, or your reservation/character get removed due to inactivity. If you do, I won't even give you the option to fix it or return. If you are respectful, I am often willing to work with you.
10. Try to keep things even with genders, it's much more interesting if things are diverse.
11. LGBTQ+ is welcomed and allowed here.
12. Please put your favorite Dragon movie or book character in the other section of your form if you've read everything.
13. As Mentioned: The Newbies are still kids. They shouldn't be expert assassins, or perfect swordsmen, etc. They can have training for things, but they're still just teenagers. Even the Experienced Riders won't be expert warriors, etc. because they're still in training too. The exception to this now are the Outpost Riders. They are FAR more Experienced, but still, they're not perfect and they can't be Experts in Everything. Pick a Specialty. Maybe two.
14. Only 1 Mentor, or Squad Leader Role [Includes Dragon or Rider] per Person. For Now. I will also allow you to have 1 Outpost Role if you have 1 of the Mentors of Squal Leader Roles, or 2 of the Outpost if you have no High Roles in the Apprentice Squad. However, for this, it can only be 1 Rider and 1 Dragon, you cannot have 2 Outpost Dragons. I will let 2 Riders though.

Choosing Your Partners
I have decided to, one again, change things. Gotta keep things fresh yanno? It's familiar, and straight forward, but there are somethings to abide by, or keep in mind.

It wouldn't be a Burning-Esque Rp if I didn't Mess with How Partners were Chosen would it?

1. For the Outpost Riders and Dragons, you may Choose your Own Pairs.
2. Mentors and Squad Leaders, Same goes. Though if you don't tell me which pair your Mentor is Apart of I will just assign them in order.
3. For the Newbies. I will be Assigning them. Maybe Randomly. Maybe Not. I am a Chaos Gremlin afterall. You can send me your preferences, but you may or may not get them. [It's me, so 50/50 chance on that.]
4. IF someone leaves the Rp or Goes Inactive, I will not be replacing their characters. They will be KIA, and unfortunately that character will remain Partnerless unless they Pair with another Pairless.

Scorched Embers | Dragon & Rider Rp | Open!July 24, 2024 05:07 PM

Imperial Sands

Darkseeker

Give Award
About the Academy
The Academy was found by some of the first generations of riders, wanting a streamlined way for new riders to learn and grow safely. It features basic education as well as everything revolving around dragons from care to flight to sparring, and everything in between and beyond.

The Academy is much like modern day college, in the fact that the chosen riders leave home to live on the grounds. Their dragons also live on the grounds in the rookery, though are typically much less happy about it than the humans. The humans are assigned rooms that they share with two people in each room. The dorms have common rooms where the students can relax on down time, and a dining hall for meals, though they aren't always required to eat there.

The Dragon counterparts stay in one of the several rookeries. The first is the top level of the school, carved out and fitted so that each dragon has a little outcropping of space for its nest. It's a very large and open room, and spans much of the building. It has openings on either broadside that the dragons can enter through by flight or glide. There is also a human door that allows the students access as well.

The second rookery is underground, a expanse of cave systems that gives each dragon a bit more privacy than in the first rookery. Each dragon has its own cave, and the nests are all connect by a system of tunnels which then connect to the large main tunnel, which can easily fit multiple dragons in it at once, that leads to the entrance. Ironically, the tunnel entrance itself looks like a cave mouth until one were to venture within it further.

The last two rookeries, which are newer, belong to the two large mountains on eitherside of the Academy. This tends to be where the newer dragons stay, as there are fewer claimed caves in their expanse.

In the Center of the Academy is the Courtyard, a large and expansive area that is often home to students who are participating in a wide arrange of activities. The courtyard is also large enough to hold several adult dragons without them feeling cramped. There are stone steps through out the Courtyard, as it has multiple levels, that students can sit on, and the stone steps create a safe place for them to build temporary fires at night.

About the Dragons
There are a variety of dragons in the world, though everyone single one of them fall into one of the classes listed below. Instead of giving them a Singular, Pre-Decided Ability, I've decided to give you more Creative Liberty with Your Dragons. I will now List all the Classes Available, How Many of them There are Available, and that is it. You'll have to come up with the rest.

All the dragons in the Rp are the same age group of young adult, which is the stage where they are 50 years old or above, becoming full adults at about 250 years. The older a dragon gets the longer the aging stage lasts, ergo ancient is longer than adult, which is longer than young adult, which is longer than their adolescent stage, and so on and so forth. Dragons are considered semi-immortal but it has never been proven what age they die naturally at. The Mentor and Squad Leader Dragons Will be at most 7 Years Older than they were when they found their riders, so the max is 257. The OutPost Dragons, since their Riders will have Elongated Lifespans, can be 327 Years Old at Max.

For the Purpose of this Rp, all Young Adult Dragons are capped at 19 Feet Tall. I've based this on the largest I would allow the Young Adult Dragons in former versions of this Rp. The Mentor and Squad Leader Dragons are Capped at 22 Feet. And the Outpost Dragons are Capped at 26 Feet.

For your dragons, though, it will be up to you to come up with their abilities and their individual weaknesses. Of course, I will have a specific set of Weaknesses that apply to ALL dragons, but each dragon will also have their own. You must have 1 Weakness for Every 1 Ability they have. So if you give them 5 Abilities, you must have 5 Weaknesses for them as well. Half of all of your Weaknesses must also be Physical Weaknesses or Limitations. This is to keep balanced, so no one's dragon is OP. If I do not think you have balanced your dragon enough, they will not be accepted.

Classes

Fire Class
Common
Total Slots: Three
Beollan
Aodhan
Azarimous

Water Class
Common
Amhuluk
K'issuk Ran
Open

Ice Class
Common
Talvi S'naedis
Xuejiao Tsasanşuurga
Open

Earth Class
Common
Viscusvoréntomon
Open
Open

Air Class
Uncommon
Total Slots: Two
Esen
Open

Venom Class
Uncommon
Araluen
Draiochlach

Storm Class
Uncommon
Aegon
Mort'luath

Lunar Class
Uncommon
Desmodus Draculae
Open

Crystal Class
Uncommon
Total Slots: One
Open
Open

Psyche Class
Rare
Nalukraja

Light Class
Rare
Guang Huanghou

Dark Class
Rare
Open

Seer Class
Rare
Open

Remember, every dragon is different, even within the same category, so not all dragons of the same type are going to have the same abilities. Have fun, and be Unique!

Dragon Weaknesses & Strengths
These are the Strengths and Weaknesses that all Dragons Share.

For Weaknesses:
⊗ Iron Weakens & Drains Them.
⊗ Soft Belly Scales
⊗ Cannot Fly with Injured Wings

For Strengths
⊕ Longevity & Superb Healing
⊕ Resistant to Specific Types of Human Magics [Curses, Mind Control, etc.]
⊕ Enhanced Abilities Such as Speed, Strength, etc.

Edited at July 24, 2024 07:04 PM by Imperial Sands
Scorched Embers | Dragon & Rider Rp | Open!July 24, 2024 05:09 PM

Imperial Sands

Darkseeker

Give Award

The Roleplay Roles

Squad Leader & Their Dragon
1. Renzana Leclair | F | Imperial Sands | Pg. 8
&
2. Draiochtach | F | Venom Dragon | The Bewitched | Pg. 7

Mentors & Their Dragons
1. Laika Herriman | F | Mother | Pg. 2
& Xuejiao Tsasanşuurga | F | Ice Dragon | Spellbound | Pg. 9

2. Iris Rostlina | F | Matunda | Pg. 5
& Nalukraja | M | Psyche Dragon | Mother | Pg. 9

Apprentice Riders

1. Adamos Strange | M | Imperial Sands | Pg. 6
2. Marina West | F | MoonShadow | Pg. 3
3. Ellis de Montfort | F | High Hills Pack | Pg. 4

4. Maximillian Cantacuzene | M | Spellbound | Pg. 7
5. Laban Thayer | M | High Hills Pack | Pg. 10
6. Ardian Cantacuzene | M | Honey | Pg. 10
7. Nikostratos Theophron | M | Overthink101 | Pg. 10

Apprentice Dragons

1. Amhuluk | M | Water Dragon | The Bewitched | Pg. 7
2. Azarimous | M | Fire Dragon | MoonShadow | Pg. 3
3. Guang Huanghou | F | Light Dragon | High Hills Pack | Pg. 5
4. Aodhan | M | Fire Dragon | The Wayne Pack | Pg. 4
5. Desmodus Draculae | M | Lunar Dragon | Matunda | Pg. 3
6. Viscusvoréntomon | F | Earth Dragon | Matunda | Pg. 5
7. Esen | F | Air Dragon | Mother | Pg. 6

The Outpost Dragons & Riders

Riders
1. Ciliren Valroris | F | Sanania | Pg. 6
2. SorisansaValroris | F | Sanania | Pg. 6
3. Koa Revin | M | Mother | Pg. 6
4. Sylphiel Valroris | F | The Bewitched | Pg. 7
5. Eirian Beaudelaire | M | Spellbound | Pg. 9

Dragons
1. Talvi S'naedis | F | Ice Dragon | Imperial Sands | Pg. 2
2. Aegon | M | Storm Class | Moonshadow | Pg. 3
3. Mort'luath | M | Storm Dragon | Matunda | Pg. 7
4. Reserved for Matunda
5. Reserved for Spellbound

The Lost Dragon
Beollan, The Skycleaver
Fire Dragon | Male | Imperial Sands | Pg. 1

The Apprentice Dragon Rider Pairings
1. Amhuluk & Marina

2. Azarimous & Adamos
3. Guang & Ardian
4. Aodhan & Nikostratos
5. Esen & Laban
6. Viscusvoréntomon & Ellis
7. Desmodus & Maximillion

1. Talvi & Koa
2. K'issuk Ran & Sylphiel
3. Mort'luath & Ciliren
4. Aegon & Sorisansa
5. Araluen & Eirian

Dorm Room Pairings

Academy Barracks
1. Marina & Ellis
2. Max & Laban
3. Nikostratos & Ardian
4. Adamos

The Outpost Riders all have their Own Individual Rooms.

Edited at August 6, 2024 10:21 PM by Imperial Sands
Scorched Embers | Dragon & Rider Rp | Open!July 24, 2024 05:22 PM

Imperial Sands

Darkseeker

Give Award
Introduction

It's 9 Pm at Night, a sliver of moon rests high in the sky, it's lazy smile gleaming down on the Academy and the homes of Ederia, offering little light in the darkness of light. Flames flicker through the shadows around the campus, their flames still strong having only been lit for a couple of hours. Uneasy murmurs carry across the campus as news of a someone arriving at the gates spreads like a hungry wildfire.

It's not just anyone that has arrived at the gate. Anais Durston, a renowned Dragon Rider was found leaning against the gates, barely conscious with blood, some his own, some not, coating his Rider Uniform. The students rejoiced as the Healers claimed he would likely survive, but it was quickly replaced by the turmoil of worrisome questions: What had happened to him? Where was his dragon? Ingunn, his dragon, was a fierce female belonging to the Storm Class. She was known to be ferocious and loyal, not the type to ever abandon her rider, especially when injured. This left dread coiling in the stomachs of everyone as they waited with baited breath for their injured comrade to awaken. No one slept while they waited.

Their answers came sooner than they thought when the first booming sound was heard overhead, before a thunderous crash rocked the entire school as a fiery boulder slammed into a nearby building, bringing it to it's knees so that all the remained was burning rubble. Fearful shrieks and agonized screams filled the night sky as the bombardment occurred. Experienced riders ran for their dragons, instincts demanding they protect their families, their home, their Kingdom. They didn't know that it would all be in vain, but even if they had, that wouldn't have stopped them. A Dragon Rider's duty was to defend til the end, no matter what that end looked like.

Please wait to post until I've Posted for Renzana Leclair, after that please keep the following in mind:

For your first posts, the attack has just begun, the arrival of your injured comrade seeming to have been foreshadowing of what was to come. Unfortunatley no one pieced that together until it was too late. As riders scramble for their weapons and dragons to run off to fight the siege for Ederia, the newly appointed Squad that has little to no training looks to simply survive this barrage and await orders from their Squad Leader and Mentors. For now their goal: Get to each other, and stay alive.

No one was sleeping at the time the attack hit, so they're all likely in the courtyard or some common areas or buildings while they were waiting for news about their injured comrade. Their dragons can be in one of the rookeries in the two largest mountains on eitherside of the Academy, or out and about as they too waited to hear for updates on their comrades.

For the Outpost Riders

It's life as usual. They're so removed from the rest of the Dragon Riders that they aren't aware of what is going on. They'll suspect something soon when communications stop, but for now they're not aware. They also know that, even if they suspect something, they cannot go and see, as their orders are clear: They cannot return to Ederia without express instruction from someone from Academy, or it's confirmed they are in a State of War.

Edited at July 24, 2024 06:51 PM by Imperial Sands
Scorched Embers | Dragon & Rider Rp | Open!July 24, 2024 05:48 PM

Imperial Sands

Darkseeker

Give Award
Renzana Leclair
Squad Leader | Female | Dragon: Draiochtach | Mentions: Academy Head Master & Dragon [NPC], Draiochtach, Apprentice Riders [Ind.]

An earth shattering collision caused the young woman to stumble mid jog as she ran out of the building she'd been waiting in when she'd heard of Anais' arriving at the gate injured. Worry was etched into her otherwise stoic features as she looked around. Flames lept at the air from where their flaming boulders had collided with different buildings, filling the air with ash and smoke.

Coughing lightly she shook her head, and turned to look towards the two rookeries by the Academy, seeing dragons exiting them in rapid succession. "Draiochtach!" She called telepathically for her dragon, knowing the fearsome venom dragoness would be near by. Renzana wasn't sure what they could do to help, but all her training was screaming at her to do something. Anything.

She turned as a massive figure came diving uncontrollably from overhead. A dragon. A huge dragon. It crashed into one of the barracks buildings, completely toppling half of it, rubble falling over the dragon, and rolling down him like rain. Compared to the dragon they were little more than pebbles, but for something to have caused such a great, experienced beast to fall out of the sky has Renz stunned with fear. Even more so when she recognized the dragon.

Jarogniew was the Head Master's dragon, and easily the largest dragon in the Kingdom. He was easily recognized with his primarily black scales that were tipped with red. He was a fire dragon with an impossible temper, but was a steadfast figure within the academy as he was never far from his rider, Head Master Androcles.

"Head Master!" Renzana called and ran to the downed dragon, blood streamed from various cuts and wounds on the dragon, but she could hear just as well as see it breathing. With a soft, airy groan, the dragon shifted it's weight a bit and lifted a wing. The Head Master grunted as he slowly sat up from where he was grasped by the dragon's forelegs, blood drooling from a gash in his head, and a several cuts on his body. He was grumbling something to himself, coughing bloody phlegm as he staggered to his feet.

"Head Master Androcles," Renzana spoke, barely bothering to bow her head in respect, though the formality was quickly waved away by the Head Master. "What can we do?" She didn't bother asking what was happening, she knew. It didn't really matter who it was either. Ederia was under attack, and they hadn't been ready for it.

A ragged cough erupted from the older man who had decades on Renzana, and he wiped at his mouth with the back of his hand. It took him a minute, but when his gaze fixated on Renzana's face, it seemed to register to him who she was. "Nothing," he said harshly, causing the young woman's brow to knit in confusion. Waving his hand as he coughed again, the Head Master shook his head and straightened to his full height, which was a good bit taller tham hers, and still commanded respect of others. "We won't win this," he said somberly through a winded voice, "the most we can do is buy time, Ms. Leclair. What we need you to do is get your team, and get out." A coughing fit over took the man, and Renzana immediately reached out to stablizing him as he swayed unsteadily.

"Take your squad and flee. They can't help us right now," he inhaled deeply and turned towards where Jarogniew still lay half buried beneath the damaged building. "Get your team to the Hidden Outpost Ms. Leclair," he said, though already moving to where his dragon was stirring, shifting the rubble off him slowly. "We will give you as much time as we can. Get to the uncharted island first, recollect there. Then go to the Outpost. Get help. Then maybe, just maybe, you can save Ederia," the older man said, though a frown took over his face as Jarogniew rose in front of him, though lowered his head to look into the man's eyes.

"This will be out last fight old boy, are you ready?" The Head Master's voice was quiet, nearly swallowed by the sound of crackling fire.

"It has been an honor to be by your side all these years Androcles, it will be my honor to die fighting beside it," the dragon answered back with a deep baritone, and then lowered himself so the Head Master could climb into his saddle. Once settled, the dragon was steered out of the building before he paused by Renzana, offering the woman a nod and then turning to the rest of Ederia. The dragon's jaws parted as a loud, thunderous roar screamed from him, rivaling the force of the barrage against Ederia. The sound was recognizable as a war cry, and was the kind of roar that would strike fear into the foes who stood against it.

"Wait!" Renzana called as Jaro jerked forward, his wings spreading as he took for the skies. "I don't know where the Outpost is, sir!" But her voice fell unanswered as Head Master Androcles let out a battle cry of his own, his sword, which she hadn't noticed before, gleamed in the barest of light from the moon. And then they were gone.

Her chest heaved as the realization, the weight, of the Head Master's words fell on her and she stumbled a bit to the side before steadying herself. For now she would focus on what she could do. She'd get her team and get them out of there alive. Once they reached the Uncharted Island off the Coast of Ederia, they would figure it out from there.

"Draiochtach," she called again for his dragon, knowing by now she'd be close to her, "We need to get our team and get out of here now. Orders from Head Master Androcles."

Edited at July 24, 2024 06:34 PM by Imperial Sands
Scorched Embers | Dragon & Rider Rp | Open!July 24, 2024 07:22 PM

The Bewitched

Darkseeker

Give Award

⋆༺𓆩☣𓆪༻⋆⋆༺𓆩☣𓆪༻⋆

Draíochtach

| Venom Dragon | Female | Squad Leader’s Dragon | Mentions: Renzana

Indirectly: Headmaster & Dragon [NPC], Other Riders/Dragons

⋆༺𓆩☣𓆪༻⋆⋆༺𓆩☣𓆪༻⋆

Deep within the forest, off the beaten path from the Academy, Draíochtach prowled silently, her senses heightened as she hunted. The eerie green glow of her scales pulsed rhythmically, casting ghostly shadows around her. Her movements were a blend of predatory grace and lethal precision, each step meticulously measured as she waited for an update from her rider, Renzana.

The forest around her was a dark labyrinth of twisted trees and dense underbrush, but Draíochtach navigated it effortlessly, her keen senses attuned to every rustle and whisper of the night. Her mind was locked onto their comrades, especially the health of Anais and the whereabouts of his dragon, Ingunn. The uncertainty gnawed at her, fueling her relentless vigilance as she continued her search.

As she stalked her prey, the Venom dragoness couldn’t shake the unease gnawing at her. Renzana's last message had been fraught with anxiety, a tone that didn’t sit well with Draíochtach’s instinctive calm. Relief came with the news that Anais was stable, but the fate of Ingunn remained shrouded in mystery. What had caused the separation of rider and dragon? The unknown weighed heavily on her, stoking the fires of her aggression as she lashed out at a deer, her venomous touch taking swift and deadly effect.

The deer dropped almost immediately, its life extinguished in seconds. Draíochtach wasn’t even hungry; she just needed the distraction from the storm of thoughts swirling in her mind. The tension in the air was palpable, and she knew that whatever had disrupted their world was far from over. She paused, her bright green eyes scanning the forest with a predatory focus, every muscle in her body coiled and ready for the next challenge.

Draíochtach wasn’t even hungry; she just needed a distraction from the storm of thoughts swirling in her mind. Unfortunately, the act of killing provided a grim sort of solace, momentarily sating some of her nerves. The tension was palpable, and she knew that whatever had caused such disruption was far from over. She paused, her bright green eyes scanning the forest, every muscle in her body coiled with anticipation.

Suddenly, a thunderous boom echoed in the distance, followed by more violent crashes. Draíochtach's head snapped up, her bright green eyes narrowing as the sky became alight with smoke and flames, outshining the moon. The chaotic sounds of battle and distant screams pierced through the oppressive gloom.

Just as Renzana’s urgent call for her pierced through the cacophony, Draíochtach launched herself into the air, her powerful wings beating rhythmically as she ascended. Circling above the turmoil, she spotted her rider amidst the chaos, near Jarogniew and Headmaster Androcles. The scene below was illuminated by the fiery glow of destruction, the two figures barely visible through the smoke and flames. As the Headmaster and his dragon took off into the sky, Draíochtach let out a deafening roar, a sound that resonated with authority and determination, announcing her arrival and readiness for battle.

She dove towards Renzana with lethal precision, her deep obsidian wings slicing through the smoke-laden air. The translucent neon green membranes of her wings glowed supernaturally in the fiery night, casting a ghostly light around her. As she landed beside her rider, her presence was both awe-inspiring and terrifying. Draíochtach’s eyes, eerie and bright green, locked onto Renzana with an intensity that mirrored the chaos around them. The Venom dragoness was ready for battle, her muscles coiled with tension, prepared to defend and retaliate against any threat to her rider and their home.

Hearing Renzana’s orders, Draíochtach tilted her head back and let out a guttural roar that reverberated through the night air, a call to arms for the other dragons to gather their riders. The sound echoed across the academy grounds, a rallying cry that pierced through the din of mayhem. Her roar carried a sense of urgency and command, summoning the other dragons to their side.

With that, Draíochtach lowered herself just enough for Renzana to climb on. “On,” she snapped at her rider, her voice sharp and commanding. Her teeth bared in a fierce snarl, revealing her readiness for battle. Her eyes glowed with a determined fire as she hovered in the air—low enough for her rider but ready to take off quickly if needed. Her powerful wings beat against the turbulent air, preparing for their swift departure.

Her eyes scanned the horizon, already calculating their next moves. Her tactical mind was in overdrive, plotting their escape route and potential counterattacks to ensure they could turn the tide in their favor. Despite her meticulous planning, Draíochtach struggled to piece together the puzzle of their elusive enemy.

Edited at July 24, 2024 07:25 PM by The Bewitched
Scorched Embers | Dragon & Rider Rp | Open!July 25, 2024 12:04 AM

Mother

Darkseeker

Give Award

Nalukraja || Mentor Dragon || Psyche || M: Iris, Xue (Ind), Draiochtach and Renzana (Ind), Headmaster and Dragon (Ind)

The male's normally-dark scales were alight in radiant neon strobes, bright blues and purples and greens flashing down his body in rings as he channeled his energy into the hypnotic pulses. He hated invisible enemies. It made winning so much more difficult. While his flashy coloration served as a homing beacon for trouble, there was still a good chance that whatever was throwing flaming boulders at him would fall under his spell, if only for long enough to get everyone to safety. Ghostly yellow-green eyes searched the sky, the ground, the horizon-- he couldn't see anyone, yet the academy buildings were crumbling all around him. His colors flickered as Raj switched his attention to expanding his mind, searching for unguarded thoughts. There were plenty of panicked dragons and riders, but even stretching as far as he could, there was not a malicious thought out there. Either they were too far away, or their enemy was well-versed in poker faces.

A boom rattled his eardrums as a great stone column exploded next to him. The large dragon bellowed his fury as one of the chunks crushed a particularly cherished seashell displays that hung around an ankle. His dear Xue had made that for him, and now it was powder on the ground. These bastards. To hell with the academy; the attackers had just broken his wife's bracelet. That just would not do. With his clawed hand throbbing and an expression of murder upon his face, Nalukraja shot up into the air and began to hone in on his rider's presence. Xue was fully capable of taking care of herself and would beat the crap out of anything that attacked her, at least for the time being. Right now, Raj had to go find his slightly-more-crushable bondmate.

He finally found Iris's tiny frame and began a swift descent, sending her a telepathic, "Coming in on your southwest." The male stretched out his claws and plucked her up, ascending back into the air and tilting his wings to widely circle the courtyard. Gently cradling his human, he raised her up to where she could reach the saddle strapped to him and growled, "This is ridiculous. I can't see anyone, I can't hear their thoughts, -- Iris, we are all going to end up pancakes on these hallowed grounds if we don't leave. Has anyone seen the hea-- oh."

His voice faltered as he watched a battered Jarogniew pounded into the air with the frame of the headmaster pressed close against his back. Raj's eyes slid down to where they had taken off to find the squad leaders. The anger in his voice was replaced by a cold, somber dread as he murmured, "Suppose we just got orders?"

Scorched Embers | Dragon & Rider Rp | Open!July 25, 2024 02:41 AM

Imperial Sands

Darkseeker

Give Award
Adamos Strange
Apprentice Rider | Male | Dragon: Azarimous | Mentions: Marina, Azarimous

Cool features were pressed into a grim expression as a normally quiet mind reeled in turmoil. Something in his gut had told him the injured rider, Anais, showing up at the gate without Ingunn was a bad omen, a warning. Many would have said it was just his cynical outlook, or his overly wary or suspicious ways, but he couldn't help it. But, perhaps if he had listened to those instincts, he wouldn't be in the situation he was currently in.

After Anais had showed up at the gates, everyone had been far to restless to return to their rooms and tire for the night, Adamos included. So he'd found himself perched next to a small fire with one of his squad mates, Marina. He wasn't overly close with anyone in his squad, his preference for distancing himself from people a trait his brother and him seemed to share, but if there was anyone he would deem he liked, it would be Marina.

Not being overly talkative, Adamos had let any conversation between them be lead by the other Apprentice, and it had bothered him none to listen to her. However, when the first explosion hit, or, well, what had felt like an explosion, Adamos had dove for her to drag them both to the ground. He knew Marina was incredibly capable, but she was his teammate and it would eat at him if she'd been hurt because he didn't do anything.

"What the hell?" He grumbled as he lifted his head after the first explosion, only to see more flaming boulders arcing through the sky. "Holy..." he trailed off as he pushed to his feet and brushed his pants off. The normally serious features of his face had transformed from grim to something twisted between fear and horror. "We need... We need to get to the others," he managed to get out, motioning absently at Marina with his hand.

"Azarimous?" He called through the bond, wondering if the male was close enough to hear him. There were few that Adamos could say he felt comforted by, but Azarimous was one of them. The sheer presence of the dragon always made the young man feel more... secure? It was hard to put a label on the exact feeling, but it always made him feel better, safer.

He winced visibly when the a loud roar echoed through the valley, followed by the sight of the easily recognizable dragon of the Head Master rising into the art and disappearing from sight. He couldn't tell, but he thought it had looked liked Jarogniew had been injured, but he truly didn't want to think about that. After all, what could have injured such a powerful creature?

Adamos was about to say something else when another ferocious roar ripped through the Courtyard and his attention darted towards it. He easily spied Renzana climbing onto the back of her dragon, Draiochtach. The two stood out thanks to the Venom dragon's appearance. "There's the squad leaders!" He spoke, pointing his finger in their direction for Marina to follow. "Do we want to go over there or find others?" He decided that whatever they did, it was better to do together.

While he waited for Azarimous to arrive, he looked into the skies and squinted, looking for the familiar shape he'd no doubt easily recognize. Kikimora was a dragon easy to identify, the bright orange of her underbelly and the inside of her wing membranes was often striking enough to see even at night, even if he could usually barely make out the rest of her. No doubt Mora and Nicodemus would be quick to enter the battle, the two weren't the type to shy away from violence.

A streak of orange and black darted through the sky, and his eyes struggled to follow it quickly. There she was! He thought when she arched through the air, slowing for a moment before her wings pulled in and she dived again, this time out of sight. Just as he thought, his brother and the dragon he was paired with were in the midst of the fight. He could only hope the two would be okay. They had to be okay.
Scorched Embers | Dragon & Rider Rp | Open!July 25, 2024 05:42 AM

Spellbound

Lightbringer

Give Award

Maxamillian Cantacuzene
Apprentice Rider | Seventeen | Male | Mentions : Iezekiel, Desmondus, Renzana & Draiochtach [ Ind . ] , Adamos [ ind. ]

The invaders had come without warning ; they struck when they had least expected it. And it pissed him off ; it was a sneaky tactic - underhanded and effective, knowing full well they couldn't stand the full force of the Academy coming down upon them. Their plan was methodical and in a way genius ; especially cutting off the dragons from their riders. He took a sharp inhale at the thought ; he had been fortunate to have been reading a book when it happened. His sleeplessness had gotten the best of him and so he was wide awake and unable to rest ; he could feel the exhaustion begin to settle in his bones. But he couldn't let it - he needed to be ready : sharp and skewer for what happened next. He couldn't be caught slacking, he needed to be someone this classmates could rely on and depend on - not someone who would slow them down or get them killed. That's why he was focused ; his gaze trained on the familiar face of Iezekiel, an old friend of his - they had met when younger, and somehow meshed rather well and became good friends. Surprisingly, they found that they had a lot morn in common than they thought. The two were sparring with what weapons they found while trying to find everyone else in the chaos. Max had obtained a slender steel sword to protect himself with . And the two wee currently in engaged in a sparring match with each other ; the both had sparred with each other over the years so they understood each other and their limits when it came to their sparring matches. What to do, what not to do and when the other needed to take a break because it was getting too intense or things were getting a bit heated even for them. That's what he needed right now , and he was grateful for his friend.

" I'm worried ," he said, his hands tightening against the hilt of his sword. The veins in his knuckles visible, and beginning to visibly pale due to the intensity of his grip. " about my siblings . I can't trust him ," he said a slight hiss of disgust in his voice, he knew Iezekiel would know who's he talking about. His bastard of a father. And his eyes narrowed, and lips were curled up in annoyance at the thoughts. He closed his eyes and took a breath to center his emotions, " to keep them safe. And while Adrastos is fifteen and can handle himself with a weapon ; he is still a child. " he said a bit calmer, but their was an undertone of worry in his voice - his calm exterior slightly cracking in the face of his friend. " And I can't help but worry for mother ; she's just there in her bed . . . unwell, and someone could easily hurt her as she is more . . . delicate these days. " he said continuing. Causally twirling the hilt of the sword causing a circular motion as he slightly paced with it, before pausing and turning to Iezekiel, something indiscernible in the look of his eyes ; they weren't bright like they usually were, there was something somber about them. " I swear, if they lay a hand on my sisters - I'll slit their throats, and gouge out their eyeballs so they can see me rip their carcass apart . " he hissed, his tone low and venomous - the swing of his sword just as aggressive as his words . The clashing of metal brought him back to reality ; and he gave a low growl of annoyance and pinched the bridge of his nose and took another sharp inhale and breathed out. He didn't need his temper getting the best of him - he needed to remain cool and levelheaded, not hot tempered and impulsive ; that's not what is needed at this moment. He took a moment to spare a glance at the others ; it seemed pretty dead, everyone was rather silent considering what was going on. He wondered what his dragon was doing ; he had barely had the chance to get to know the odd creature.

His back to Iezekiel he tried to compose himself. That's when his gaze landed upon his older brother ; and he couldn't help but feel the mixed emotions he had towards the male. One he was glad that he was okay, but second he was pissed off at him for never writing after he left home. Hell, he had punched him when they met again at the Valley - he had to be picked off his brother because of it. It was a real sight to see . He couldn't understand how he could be so callous as to act as if nothing had happened between them ; as if he hadn't hurt him. His eyes were furrowed and his lips were tight ; an angry scowl adorned his features as tore his gaze away from his brother and back to Iezekiel. " I'm sorry for being so . . . distracted, I should be focusing on our match. But I guess, I can't help it considering the circumstances . " he murmured, a dry chuckle escaping him. He wasn't one for being extremely pissed at people; but his brother managed of find a way to make that possible.

He took one last centering breath before getting into a stance , one more calm and collected. His focus beginning to return , "I'm ready. " he said to Iezekiel with his brows knitted in determination and a small smile of determination beginning to form. But that was stopped at the sound of a dragons roar ; and he looked up to see what appeared to be the Headmaster and a few riders and their dragons leaving. And one of the dragons looked . . . injured , this was bad . . . very bad. Oh god was all he could think, this was getting real, a bit too real at the moment. He couldn't ignore the sounds of explosions and was slightly jarred at the sound. It wasn't safe , where were the mentors and their dragons ? Hell, where was their Squad Leader - they should be coming soon, he thought, trying to calm his brain . That's when he heard a squadmate mention Renzana and her beautiful Venom Dragon , and he could see the female on the back of her dragon.

He blinked a bit, before scrutinizing his decision. Desmodus, are you nearby - the Squad Leaders have arrived, we should be prepared to take orders, particularly to take flight or engage in whatever the hell is going on outside. He said informing his dragon of what was going on, before turning to Iezekiel saying, "Looks like this will have to wait, maybe we'll get some answers ? " he said, his voice a bit hopeful.

Forums > Roleplay > Fantasy
   1    2    3    4   ..   9 

Refresh

Copyright ©2013-2024 Go Go Gatsby Designs, LLC    All Rights Reserved
Terms Of Use  |   Privacy Policy   |   DMCA   |   Contact Us