Wolf Play : Double Rail | Semi-lit/lit Western Murder Mystery | OPEN
Chatbox
 Dire Wolf Haven
08:31:07 Dire, DWH
I just got a with legendary eyes and rare coat with rarity over 41 form level 1 wolf party!
Is that normal?
 Black River
08:29:13 
BuggyOs
That's so nice to hear!! :D Sounds like the generation project i'm working on will go well then<3
 BuggyOs
08:27:08 Bug-a-boo
River
you can go back through the news! The site creator still plays this game, and she takes many suggestions. It's a nice game because of that
 Hydroberry
08:26:40 
Yes fairly recent, about 10 days ago
 Black River
08:26:15 
Ah I see - Nice to know this game is being worked on still! The site seems older (which I like).
 BuggyOs
08:24:13 Bug-a-boo
River
I think earlier this month?
 Black River
08:23:34 
The quests got revamped? Was that recent? o:
 Hydroberry
08:20:53 
Same, especially since they revamped the quests.
 Black River
08:20:02 
Will do then! Ty - Hope it gets fixed because I love getting quests done!
 Hydroberry
08:19:35 
Black River, sounds like it could be a bug, best report it on the bugs forum.
 Black River
08:17:53 
Yes they were appearing in food stash - and the kill count even shows on my wolves.
 Raging Flames
08:16:45 Rage, Flames
Black River
They should complete automatically. Are they in your food stash? They might be fleeing
 Black River
08:16:36 
It says forest, which is the only one I have unlocked for explore :/
 Hydroberry
08:15:56 
Are you in the right terrain? It tends to specify which terrain you need to hunt them in.
 Black River
08:14:43 
For example: I have one that says to defeat squirrels. I have killed a few, yet it remains as 0 / 3-
 Black River
08:13:16 
New here! I've noticed that the quests I have don't seem to complete? Do I have to do something in order to activate them?
 Clear Sky
08:12:05 Sky / Blue - she,her
Rain
maybe you can add a Green Scarf or Daisy Gauntlet
 Raging Flames
08:09:59 Rage, Flames
Whisp
There are leaf earrings that could match the vibe?
 Whispering Rain
08:03:58 Whisp, Rain
Any other green gear yall think I should get her?
 Whispering Rain
08:02:33 Whisp, Rain
Paws?
-WP Click-

Refresh

You must be a registered member for more
than 1 day before you can use our chatbox.
Quests
Alliance Battles
Challenges

Hourly Damage Variances
Brown Bear : -2
Red Fox : +2
Caiman : +5
    Winter   Day  Weather:  Blizzard

Forums

→ Wolf Play is a fun game! Sign Up Now!

My Subscriptions
My Bookmarks
My Topics
Latest Topics
Following
Forums > Roleplay > Sign-Ups
   1    2    3 

Double Rail | Semi-lit/lit Western Murder Mystery | OPENDecember 10, 2023 08:37 PM

Grasshopper

Darkseeker

Give Award

Links:

Discussion: Click Me

RP Thread

Plot

Double Rail Ranch has been running the cattle industry on the west coast for decades. Situated on several thousand acres in Arizona and headed by the formidable baron Henry Bennett, the DR has become a home for countless scoundrels, ruffians, and outcasts to society over the years. But Mr. Bennett has begun to show his years, and as such he’s decided to hand the reins over to his son, William Jeremiah Bennett. It should have been an easy transition; the boy spent his entire life on the range, and he’s been prepared for this day since he was a child.

But then cattle started going missing.

And then the horses.

And finally, Henry Bennett himself was found dead. They say it was an animal attack- and if you saw the body, you’d be likely to agree. But William swears up and down; there’s someone out there. Someone capable of tearing a strong man limb from limb like he was nothing but a rag doll. He seems to be deluded from his grief, and the hands aren’t sure they can even trust him anymore, but what really killed the Boss?

Regardless, whatever has been taking the lives of those on the ranch needs to be stopped, and quickly. It’s calving season, and Double Rail Ranch can only afford so many losses…

Rules

Follow all of WP’s and Eve’s Rules, obviously

1. While specific time and place are sort of hand-waved, the overall vibe is late 1800s-early 1900s, Verde Valley area of AZ. Please do try to be semi realistic in terms of naming conventions, backstories, etc.
  2. Animals aren’t strictly sentient. While I encourage you to have a realistic number of them, please do not spend too much time in their heads during the RP.
  3. Please limit yourselves to 2 characters at this time. I’m likely going to keep this RP relatively small, and reserve the right to deny anyone if I find your application to be lacking.
  4. I’m expecting at least a paragraph for the personality, appearance, and backstory of the application, but the more the better. Likewise, the RP itself is semi-lit to lit, please do include as much detail in your posts as possible, when possible.
  5. Please PM me and/or the person involved before involving them in plot-changing events or drama. If I decide your character will be involved in plot-changing drama, I’ll let you know beforehand. I will never kill your character without your consent, unless you’re showing a habit of inactivity.
  6. Remember that most of the founders of cowboy culture (and the west in general) were LGBT+, people of color, and women. Everyone is most welcome here.
  7. We’re rather loosey-goosey with roles here. Wanna be a cowboy? Sure! An agent with the railroad who ships the cattle? Absolutely! Random drifter who appears and disappears at will? You got it! Just make it obvious the kind of character you want to play in your application, I’ll PM you privately if it doesn’t work for some reason or another.

Edited at December 13, 2023 12:18 AM by Grasshopper
Double Rail | Semi-lit/lit Western Murder Mystery | OPENDecember 10, 2023 08:39 PM

Grasshopper

Darkseeker

Give Award

Characters

William J. Bennett- M, 24, Cattle Baron (Played by Grasshopper, pg. 1)

Thomas A. Brown- M, 24, Sharpshooting Ruffian (Played by Grasshopper, pg. 1)

Maeve D. Derosiers - F, 22, Saloon Barista (Played by Biologist at Work, pg. 1)

Adelaide Angeline-Elayne Louvé- F, 25, Sheriff's Daughter (Played by Biologist at Work, pg. 2)

Reserved- Veterinarian (Played by Nirvana_Sky, WIP)

Rosemary Irene Noel- F, 20, Horse Trainer (Played by Nirvana_Sky, pg. 2)

Isak Blomqvist- M, 18. Railroad Worker (Played by Freedom, pg. 2)

Ryker Rider Rivera- M, 26, Ranchhand (Played by Tombstone Pack, pg. 2)

Reserved- the Wayne Pack

Reserved- Crazydayz

Application Forum

Name:

Personality:

Appearance:

Backstory:

Family:

Critters:

Other:

Do you believe William?:

Edited at December 16, 2023 11:57 AM by Grasshopper
Double Rail | Semi-lit/lit Western Murder Mystery | OPENDecember 10, 2023 08:40 PM

Grasshopper

Darkseeker

Give Award

Name: William “Will” Jeremiah Bennett

Personality: Anyone who knows Will would describe him as serious, levelheaded, and given to a rather austere life. He’s trustworthy and hardworking, if a bit quiet and socially stunted. His close friends would instead describe him as a bit spacey, with a dry sense of humor and a secret admiration of famous outlaws. Having spent the majority of his life on the range, he’s never truly comfortable out of the saddle, and sleeps better in the open air than in his own bed. Or other beds, really, seeing as he seems to have interest in neither the fairer sex nor his fellow cowboys. Since his father’s death, he’s become almost paranoid, dogmatic in his belief that the “animal” causing all of their problems is indeed a human, or at least human-shaped, and that everyone is in grave danger. That in mind, he’s set on arming himself and taking to the country, hunting down the thing that killed his father, alone if he must. If only it wasn’t for the ranch, which he knows will fall into disrepair if he goes…

Appearance: Will looks exactly like, in his opinion, a cattle baron should look like. He’s not particularly tall, though neither is he short, and while he is visibly well-muscled, he’s not winning any strongman competitions. His skin has a naturally darker cast to it (a topic of gossip in the community when he was a boy), it’s further darked by his time in the sun and crisscrossed by innumerable scars and burns acquired by his life thus far. Ask him the story of one or the other, and if he doesn’t have one, he’ll spin you a fantastic yarn instead. His features are overall rather square and heavy, a thick jaw, big hands, etc. Will’s eyes are deepest brown, almond shaped and framed by long, dark lashes. Set above them, his hair is the color of a fresh oil spill. He keeps it cut fairly short, but if he allows it to grow, it turns into loose curls that defy any pomade or styling. His attire leans toward the plain, lacking in ornamentation, though he takes pride in his clothing and keeps it clean and well-mended as much as he can. He’s rarely seen without his tan hat and matching boots, both of which were gifts from his late father. He wears his hat with a red-tailed hawk’s feather in the hatband.

Backstory: Born somewhat premature in February, William’s entrance to the world was distinctly marred by his mother’s speedy departure from it. Luckily, a woman on the ranch had recently given birth to her own son only a few months prior, and was able to nurse him, leading to William and Thomas’ lifelong friendship. While he loved his pseudo-family, William was ultimately his father’s son, and spent his childhood in ruthless pursuit of his father’s approval, affection, and attention, all of which were readily given. Between his father and his pseudo-family, he was raised up thoughtful, empathetic, and remarkably self-sufficient for a man; he is as able to cook, clean, and mend as many of the women in his life. While he went through somewhat of a rebellious stage in his teenage years (consisting primarily of developing a tobacco habit and spending hours on end getting bucked off young colts with Thomas), he’s aged rather gracefully into his 20s, even after the genuinely devastating loss of his father. Well, as long as you ignore the paranoia and (alleged) delusions, that is.

Family: Henry A. Bennett (Father, dec.), Sotera M. Bennett (Mother, dec.)

Critters: Will has a stocky bay mare named Clever, as well as some sort of cowdog mutt named Jack.

Other: N/A

Do you believe William?: Obviously yes.

Edited at December 10, 2023 08:41 PM by Grasshopper
Double Rail | Semi-lit/lit Western Murder Mystery | OPENDecember 10, 2023 08:40 PM

Grasshopper

Darkseeker

Give Award

Name: Thomas Avery Brown

Personality: Despite being raised by well-mannered, good-natured parents (both his own and Henry Bennett), Thomas somehow managed to become a rakish instigator of a young man, constantly being bailed out of situations by his long-suffering pseudo-brother. An excellent sharpshooter, he likes to think of himself as being cunning and charismatic, and while those are mostly accurate assessments of his personality, he’s also rather childish, desires nothing more than getting his own way, and seldom takes full responsibility for his oversights. Despite this, he loves his family with an almost religious passion, and wants to keep them safe by any means possible. In his adult life, Thomas is as likely to be found in the pool hall (or in the shadowy alleys behind them with company) as he is to be found actually working on the ranch, but he has a surprising ease in keeping the peace, and he doesn’t delude himself in thinking William keeps him on the payroll for any other reason. He’s deeply grateful for this, but likewise he sort of dislikes that he is unequivocally beholden to his brother.

Appearance: Thomas really is a beautiful man. He’d have to be, to get away with all the crap he pulls. He’s a few inches above tall, with exceptionally long legs and the strong build of a rancher. Naturally of a medium complexion, he tans wonderfully, leaving bronzed skin dotted by freckles, particularly over his face and hands. His whole bearing is rather fox-like, especially through his face, which is cut sharply. His honey-brown eyes are narrow and upturned, complimenting the almost obscene smirk that sits on his shapely lips constantly, as well as his strong nose. He’s topped by a veritable mop of wavy strawberry blonde hair, which he wears at a medium length, such that it brushes his shoulders. Like his brother, he tends to stay away from excessive ornamentation in his dress, although it’s largely because he can’t be bothered with the upkeep. He does indulge in a very fine black hat and a twin set of ornate pistols, which he keeps on his person constantly. They’re the only things he personally takes care to maintain, and he can often be found cleaning and servicing the pistols in the evenings. He’s also quite taken with wearing his chaps at all times, to accentuate the length of his legs.

Backstory: The most interesting part of Thomas’ childhood was the atypical family unit. William is unequivocally his brother; and by extension, he always regarded the late Henry Bennett as his second father. The two boys were always extremely close, even after the birth of the twins several years later. He showed no particular prowess as a cattleman (much to the chagrin of both of his fathers), although he was an excellent gunman from the moment he first picked one up at the age of 8. His teenage rebellion began with rolling tobacco (a habit he quickly spread to William, and later, his sisters), and quickly spread into a proclivity for good-looking men, card tables, and generally disappointing his family in all ways possible. He has indeed mellowed with age, but none of his vices have wholly disappeared.

Family: John J. Brown (Father, 46), Mary A. Brown (Mother, 45), Charlotte A. Brown (Sister, 21), Henrietta C. Redding (nee Brown, Sister, 21).

Critters: A flashy, tall, grullo stallion that he won in a game of blackjack named, aptly, Fortune.

Other: N/A

Do you believe William?: He doesn’t know what he believes. He just wants everything to go back to normal.

Edited at December 10, 2023 08:41 PM by Grasshopper
Double Rail | Semi-lit/lit Western Murder Mystery | OPENDecember 10, 2023 08:53 PM

Biologist at Work

Darkseeker

Give Award
May I reserve a role please? Are there specific roles that are open? Because I'd love to reserve a Saloon Barista if possible, if not, then just a Cowgirl.
Double Rail | Semi-lit/lit Western Murder Mystery | OPENDecember 10, 2023 09:01 PM

Biologist at Work

Darkseeker

Give Award
- " I never lied to you, my darling, I just never told the truth." -
- ∴ ♥ ∴ -
Full Name:
Maeve Deuix Desrosiers
Preferred Name:
Maeve
- ∴ ♥ ∴ -
Sexuality:
Demisexual + Pansexual
Role:
Barista For The Towns Saloon
- ∴ ♥ ∴ -
Appearance:
Maeve has a lean, and more hourglass figure. Her muscles are not very prominent, and are quite small- but don't let her small muscles fool you. Her skin is a light porcelain, and unflawed by acne, moles or anything if the sort, however her scars are the only exception. Many scars ranging in size are all over her body, mostly around her arms, shoulders, sides and face. The largest scar she may have, would have to be a scar on her face. It starts just above the left side of her lip, trailing down her chin and down her neck, all the way down to her collarbone. Its not very terrifying to the eye, but the history behind the scar is quite horrifying, hence why no-one knows how or why Maeve got that scar - she is far to scared to relive the pain even if it meant just speaking about it. Victoria can take a lot, but no-one is indestructible. If some notice close and carefully, on her left ear, she has two small chunks of skin missing entirely - as if she had an earring ripped out of her ears quite viciously... Which is precisely true. Her advice; Take any Jewelry off before heading headfirst into a Drunk Fight.
-
Its not uncommon to have black hair- no, its not uncommon to have dark, dark brown hair. Many people mistaken dark brown hair for black hair; giving them the wrong impression of black hair. True, natural, black hair may be more difficult to find as it is often mistaken for dark brunettes. Maeve, has natural black hair. Her hair is darker than raven feathers, possibly even as dark as obsidian itself. For the very root, to the vet ends, is nothing but darkness, not even the sun could change that. Looking from afar, it would be as though you were looking into a deep abyss of nothingness, souls could be lost in a color like that. Its almost petrifying.
-
Something that always seems to catch the eyes of onlookers, would have to be her eyes. A bright, intense cyan- a combination of green and blue, producing a gorgeous cyan color. Many have experienced it to be diffir to maintain eye contact with her for long periods of time, as it always looks like her eyes are yearning to see pain. Who would've guessed... That such colorful and beautiful eyes would yearn for such gore? With her porcelain skin, and raven black hair, her eyes almost glow.
Personality:
|| Flirtatious || Charming || Diligent || Loyal || Obedient || Protective || Hardworking || Active || Companionly || Incredibly Empathetic || Excitable || Honest-Liar || Rebellious At Moments || Frivolous || Manipulative || Sadistic || Possessive || Brutily Blunt || Reckless || Ambitious || Confident || Smooth || Impulsive || Reckless || Chaotic || Hot Headed || Assertive || Stubborn || Spontaneous || Approachable || Cocky || Jokester || Determined || Strong Willed and Hearted || Humorous || Independent || Extroverted || Passionate || Witty || Courageous || Fierce || Impatient || Understanding || Dangerous || Competitive || Open Minded || Sportsmanship || Helpful || Honest || Selfless || Sassy || Alert || Energetic || Could Be Described As Slightly Crazy || Solitary || Cunning || Devoted || Slow To Trust || Easy To Please || Clever || Vengeful || Maybe A Bit Of A Pain In The Ass || Orderly ||
- ∴ ♥ ∴ -
Backstory:
This young woman has quite the traumatic past - in which she doesn't like sharing whatsoever. She was born in the later month of May, and her life already hadn't started well. Maeve is an only child, and unfortunately... Her mother didn't make it through her birth. Because of this, her father never really loved her as she wished him to. Yes, he fed her and grew her up by himself, which Maeve is quite aware how hard that must have been.
He wasnt the best father though, the two of them never really has a connection, they really just did as they wished. Causing Maeve to become a rebellious young lady, she got into trouble daily for fun, stealing or drinking underaged. And her father did nothing, and a few days after her 16th birthday passed, he did as well. Well, her father sort of just disappeared... She doesn't really have any idea on the whereabouts of him. And Maeve isn't really focused on that at all, he left her, and she didn't think she could ever forgive him for that. She she has just decided to start forgetting...
Does She Believe William?:
She wants to believe him, really she does- but it seems a bit absurd to her. But the town isn't exactly known to be the most peaceful place in the world...so maybe?
- ∴ ♥ ∴ -
Affiliations (Significant Other, Friends, Exes, Etc...):
Open for anything, just Pm me!
Critters:
Jax - Her sleek black Arabian stallion. He is pretty much completely black with the exception of a white and pink snip near his upper lip and the two white stockings on both of his hind legs. He is a spunky stallion, quite often getting loose, the young woman mostly uses him to ride over to the Saloon she works at, but of other than that - Jax is a pasture pet.
-
Melodie - The feline that roams around town, she isn't exactly [Name's] cat but the feline seems to fancy her quite a good bit. Melodie is a sweet but incredibly skittish she-cat, a short haired, green eyed light grey cat. She can be seem roaming everywhere in town, sometimes visiting the ranch as well.
- ∴ ♥ ∴ -
Other:
Finished.

Edited at December 10, 2023 10:24 PM by Biologist at Work
Double Rail | Semi-lit/lit Western Murder Mystery | OPENDecember 10, 2023 09:01 PM

Grasshopper

Darkseeker

Give Award

Biologist at Work said:
May I reserve a role please? Are there specific roles that are open? Because I'd love to reserve a Saloon Barista if possible, if not, then just a Cowgirl.

You absolutely may! I wanted to offer more flexibility than you get with roles, so as long as your saloon barista is able to be present on the ranch with regularity (or you're cool with being active only when other characters are in town), we'd love to have her!
Double Rail | Semi-lit/lit Western Murder Mystery | OPENDecember 10, 2023 09:04 PM

Nirvana_Sky

Darkseeker

Give Award
Reserve a female cowgirl(a barrel racer and involves with horse) and a male veterinarian?
Double Rail | Semi-lit/lit Western Murder Mystery | OPENDecember 10, 2023 09:11 PM

Grasshopper

Darkseeker

Give Award

Nirvana_Sky said:
Reserve a female cowgirl(a barrel racer and involves with horse) and a male veterinarian?

Male veterinarian reserved.
Barrel racing (and rodeo in general) wouldn't really be a thing for some 30 more years, but if you're amenable for your horsewoman just being a trainer/rider/etc who likes going fast, she's also reserved :)
Double Rail | Semi-lit/lit Western Murder Mystery | OPENDecember 10, 2023 09:13 PM

Nirvana_Sky

Darkseeker

Give Award
Yea that's what I'll do. I will do my research about them tomorrow and post tomorrow.

Forums > Roleplay > Sign-Ups
   1    2    3 

Refresh

Copyright ©2013-2024 Go Go Gatsby Designs, LLC    All Rights Reserved
Terms Of Use  |   Privacy Policy   |   DMCA   |   Contact Us