Wolf Play : Snow Born | Sled dog RP | Open!
Chatbox
 Whispering Rain
04:36:31 Whisp, Rain
River
I don't think so. I haven't gotten in trouble so far
 Black River
04:35:37 
That wouldn't violate the no interactions with an alternate account? Good to know if so!
 Whispering Rain
04:34:40 Whisp, Rain
River
Just beco.e friends with yourself
 Black River
04:34:15 
Question: Is there a way to link an alternate account to my main if I create one? (For easier access to it)
 Whispering Rain
04:32:58 Whisp, Rain
Pug
True. Maybe I will do that if I can figure it out.
 Purgatory
04:32:08 Purge/Purse/Pug
Whisp
It couldn't hurt to add it even if it is already in there
 Amygdala
04:29:11 Amy/Anpmygdala
By cy
 Whispering Rain
04:29:08 Whisp, Rain
Pug
Are you sure that's not suggested somewhere because that would be a great idea.
Also i dont really know how.
 Crypto Currency
04:28:46 Ash (he/they)
anyway, imma poof y'all. see ya later :)
 Crypto Currency
04:28:06 Ash (he/they)
Whisper, I would support it too
 Crypto Currency
04:27:53 Ash (he/they)
Amy, no fair >.>
 Purgatory
04:27:50 Purge/Purse/Pug
Whisp
If you made that an official suggestion in forums I'd so support that
 Amygdala
04:27:40 Amy/Anpmygdala
Cy
It happens...i am at 5600 dom at the moment XD
 Whispering Rain
04:27:29 Whisp, Rain
I wish custom maker showed already applied gear or let you apply multiple gear.
 Crypto Currency
04:26:41 Ash (he/they)
Amy, my dom sucks right now. used to me 2500+, then loads of my wolves (and will to add dom) died
 Amygdala
04:26:07 Amy/Anpmygdala
Cy
Yup XD
 Crypto Currency
04:24:47 Ash (he/they)
Amy, Mr. Viper :o
you won, yes?
 ~♥Nux♥~
04:24:34 Chat's snack
See ya, Spoops!
 ~♥Nux♥~
04:24:18 Chat's snack
Spoops

I have only ever bred one SV, and I retired it because it was a HM defect and the rarity was... shit to say the least. But axanthics are like, the best defect >:^
 TheFlyingKitten
04:23:57 Petri Dish/Sorceress
My cat is ripping her fur out and I am THIS close to buying a cone to stop it, because I do not have the funds to take her to a behavioral therapist.

Refresh

You must be a registered member for more
than 1 day before you can use our chatbox.
Quests
Alliance Battles
Challenges

Hourly Damage Variances
Mamba : -5
Snapping Turtle : +1
Baboon : -2
    Winter   Day  Weather:  Blizzard

Forums

→ Wolf Play is a fun game! Sign Up Now!

My Subscriptions
My Bookmarks
My Topics
Latest Topics
Following
Forums > Roleplay > Sign-Ups

Snow Born | Sled dog RP | Open!August 20, 2023 02:27 PM

Shadows Paradox

Darkseeker

Give Award

~ ᗯEᒪᑕOᗰE TO ᗩᒪᗩᔕKᗩ ~

Plot

Your heart pounds and your legs throb as you struggle to push through the thickening blizzard-like snow. You must strain your ears to the faint commands of your musher against the thrum of your teams paws and the jangling of your harness. You keep telling yourself that this is what you've trained your whole life for but you also worry of the worst to come. Blizzards are the teams worst nightmare and come with major setbacks. You push your legs harder than ever, hoping the destination is close by since the blizzard has seemed to swallow you whole. Straining to see only taillengths in front of you, you slam into something hard, knocking the wind out of you. the sled goes spiraling, dragging you in the snow with your harness still attatched. Luckily a branch catches on to you, setting you free of the sled as it slides off a steep cliff. Most of your team made it free, but the musher is nowhere to be seen...

Can you make it back to camp with what's left of your team, without the guidance of your musher? Or will you perish, never to be seen again?

ᔕᒪEᗪ TEᗩᗰ ᖇOᒪEᔕ

Lead Dogs- The lead dogs set the tone for the entire race, they lead the pack, carrying out the musher's commands. A lead dog is the dog that goes first in formation, it must be both smart and fast to have this position. All commands are given verbally so the lead dog must be able to comprehend what the musher is saying, hence the need for intelligence. There can be 2, side by side depending on the number of dogs for the race.

Swing Dogs- The swing dogs follow the lead dogs with their main duty being to follow turns. They "swing" the pack left or right.

Team Dogs- The dogs that actually pull the material and control the speed. They make up the rest of the team, usually 6+ dogs.

Wheel Dogs- The wheel dogs take the full weight of the sled on take-off and when climbing uphill. They also help steer the sled. These dogs are the strongest in the pack and must have good control so as not to get distracted, or overtake the others and not be scared of the sled traveling so closely behind them. Generally, an even-tempered dog is best suited as a wheel dog.

ᗪOG ᗷᖇEEᗪ E᙭ᗩᗰᑭᒪEᔕ

Alaskan Husky- This mixed breed has been specifically developed for their performance as a competition sled dog. Alaskan Huskies are one of the most commonly used dogs in sled racing and are revered for their ability rather than for looks or personalities.

Alaskan Malamute- The Alaskan Malamute is a large, muscular, and immensely strong dog that us quite literally bred to be a sled dog and one of the oldest of the Arctic sled dog breeds. On the ice, Malamutes have long been revered for their strength, and while not the fastest of breeds, they have made a name for themselves hauling heavy sleds.

Greenland Dog- The Greenland dog is another extremely old breed that shares an ancient origin with the Canadian Eskimo Dog. These large, heavy, and powerful dogs have been a staple of Arctic sledding for centuries and are revered more for their endurance and strength than their speed over snow and ice.

Sakhalin Husky- (This is a breed I'd like to add in for a little recognition). The Sakhalin Husky is a Russian sled dog that is now practically extinct. As of 2015, there were only 7 remaining Sakhalin Huskies known to exist. These Huskies were used by the Red Army as a sled and pack dog for a short while during WWII. These dogs tend to be loyal, affectionate, and very entergetic.

Scandinavian Hound- The Scandinavian Hound is a modern hybrid that is the result of mixing a Germain Shorthaired Pointer with an Alaskan Husky. The resulting breed is used extensively in Scandinavia in sled racing. While these dogs take longer to train and develop, the breed has had considerable success.

Edited at August 20, 2023 02:34 PM by Shadows Paradox
Snow Born | Sled dog RP | Open!August 20, 2023 02:30 PM

Shadows Paradox

Darkseeker

Give Award
ᖇᑌᒪEᔕ
- Follow all of Eve's rules.
- Follow all WP guidelines to what you can/can't say.
- Keep it PG-13, cussing is allowed but don't over-do it.
- No 'perfect' characters allowed
- Keep it realistic, no pink fur, jewelry [etc].
- Also for realistic purposes, no LGBTQ+
- Be respectful, hate the character not the player.
- Put your favorite dog breed in 'other'.
- Must be on at least once daily for a reply so we keep the RP going. I will be strict on this, 2 warnings and you're out.
- If you can't be on once daily to respond please feel free to pm me, I understand we all have lives.
- This is semi-literate to literate. I'm not asking for any examples from you, I only ask that you reply with 5+ sentences.
- Please, have good grammer, this shouldn't be hard to read.
- I will allow pictures [properly credited] BUT you still need to write everything out for your appearance.
- You may choose whichever dog breed you like as long as it's a sled dog, if you're not sure, refer to the examples above.
◊ Don't worry about having a perfect signup sheet. If something is wrong/needs to be added I will let you know!

ᔕIGᑎᑌᑭᔕ
- Reservations last 24 hours -
You will be warned once but if you don't respond it will be automatically removed. You are allowed one renewal.

- Pack name:
- Pack #:

- Name:
- Breed:
- Role:
- Personality: (descriptive, 5+ sentences)
- Appearance: (descriptive, 5+ sentences)
- Strengths:
- Weaknesses:
- Kin: (optional)
- Mate: (optional)
- Other:

Edited at August 20, 2023 02:33 PM by Shadows Paradox
Snow Born | Sled dog RP | Open!August 20, 2023 02:33 PM

Shadows Paradox

Darkseeker

Give Award
ᗩᐯᗩIᒪᗩᗷᒪE ᖇOᒪEᔕ

Lead Dogs (1/2)