Wolf Play : Pride v. Pride | Lion Rp | Open!
Chatbox
 Forgotten Memories
09:52:32 Ry/Ryder/Memories
Me: Breeds an Outstanding Precision to a Crushing Strength
Ms MaÂ’am: -WP Click-
produced a black phase and a dh 💀
 Zeraphia
09:52:20 Vah was attacked
Venus

Maybe a custom pelt or fancy gear?
 Zeraphia
09:52:04 Vah was attacked
Stygian

Prey is less abundant in winter. (Except for jungle, that one isn't affected, I think)
 Venus
09:50:35 
Now i'm not quite sure what to buy :">
 Venus
09:49:47 
This is why I'm always broke but oh well :>
 Stygian Forest
09:48:34 
Zeraphia

How so?
 Sanania
09:48:24 San, Sangria
Venus - I caved and bought some today as well
 Sanania
09:48:07 San, Sangria
These chipmunks are evading me my dudes. I get lucky if I even run into 1 on Level 9 Forest
 Zeraphia
09:47:56 Vah was attacked
Do it
 Venus
09:47:47 
I'm tempted to buy apples again.
 Zeraphia
09:47:43 Vah was attacked
Stygian

Ah good luck! Winter is such a rough time for BE training
 Stygian Forest
09:46:03 
Zeraphia

Thanks. Trying to get Vexara's BE up though.
 Zeraphia
09:44:43 Vah was attacked
Stygian

Nice!
 Stygian Forest
09:44:11 
Zeraphia

He's at Shake, right now.
 Transcendence
09:43:03 free palestine
Rest in poop my mom is at her abliest antics again and I only came out to check on my parrot lol. Anyways. Im slowly accidentally BEing my wolves while I explore. Until I find a BE trainer in these trying times lol
 Zeraphia
09:42:48 Vah was attacked
Stygian

Probably?
 Stygian Forest
09:42:18 
Zeraphia

Solstice is at 902 BE, so hopefully soon?
 Zeraphia
09:41:27 Vah was attacked
Stygian

925+ if I recall correctly.
 Stygian Forest
09:40:55 
Trying to recall at what BE, Death Grip is at.
 Whispering Rain
09:36:03 Whisp, Rain
-WP Click-

Refresh

You must be a registered member for more
than 1 day before you can use our chatbox.
Quests
Alliance Battles
Challenges

Hourly Damage Variances
Coyote : -1
Death Adder : -5
Jackal : +1
    Winter   Night  Weather:  Clear  Moon: 

Forums

→ Wolf Play is a fun game! Sign Up Now!

My Subscriptions
My Bookmarks
My Topics
Latest Topics
Following
Forums > Roleplay > Sign-Ups
   1    2 

Pride v. Pride | Lion Rp | Open!June 14, 2023 02:00 PM

Imperial Sands

Darkseeker

Give Award
Pride v. Pride

Deep in the heart of the savanna, a rivalry reigns over two prides. Their history is rich with violence and betrayal, all starting with the falling out of two brothers. They tried to lead side by side as equals, but unfortunately Pride life proved that only one King can reign supreme. Unfortunately, neither brother wanted to step down and let the other lead, and so the division began.

The Old Queen, their Mother, did her best to temper the growing anger between them, pushing them to learn to work together or find peace. No matter how hard she tried, though, it seemed to only make the two fight harder. Eventually it would be her death that escalated things between them. With each having their own thoughts on who should be the next Queen, the brothers finally reached their breaking point and a war between them started.

The two fought for hours, their might, skill, and aggression being evenly matched. The few males and lionesses on either side allowed the two to fight, the fate of the pride being decided by the victor. When the fight was over and one brother stood as victor, the other retreated, accepting his defeat and taking his loyalists and himself away from the pride. They ventured out past the Pride's territory and into the drylands, turning the harsher lands into their home.

Years have passed, and the tension between the two prides has not dwindled. As the dry season takes hold and a drought descends over the lands, the problems between the two prides are bound to escalate. Once more it seems the two brothers are likely to clash, as the Kapalo Pride brazenly ventures into the Mabuto Pride's territory more and more in search of food and water. Will they fight for dominance once more, or find a way to co-exist until the rains return?

This is a New Rp Ive Created, so we shall see how it turns out! If you have questions please ask here or via Pm.

Edited at June 15, 2023 08:51 AM by Imperial Sands
Pride v. Pride | Lion Rp | Open!June 15, 2023 05:07 AM

Imperial Sands

Darkseeker

Give Award
The Roleplay Roles
Follow All WP and Eve's Rules

1. Above All Else: Be Active. This applies to Discussion & Rp Thread.

2. This Rp is Semi-Literate to Literate, and will need to be demonstrated in Rp & Sign Ups.

3. This Rp is Somewhere between Semi-Realistic and Realistic. So things like Black lions will not be accepted, and white lions will be limited as well as looked down on as their survival and hunt success rates will be lower.

4. Those Rping the Brothers will need to accept that these two basically hate each other. The blood between them is bad, and very sour and it would take a lot to bridge that. Their prides follow suit.

5. I will not be accepting Dot-Point formats for Applications unless you get specific permission for me for this Rp. I will not accept a form thats got a Dot-Point Personality if you did not ask permission first.

6. No Perfect Characters, Plower playing, etc. These wont be accepted.

7. Since this Rp is more on the Realistic side this applies to size, behavior, etc. So a lioness might fight against a male, but she is extremely unlikely to win on her own unless the male backs down. Or with hunting, a lone lioness is going to struggle to have any successful hunts, and even a hunting party will struggle to bring down a Water Buffalo without a male or two with them.

8. The Kings of the Pride will have the right to sire cubs with the females in the pride, but can choose which ones and if they will let their Second Males sire cubs too.

9. When making a character keep in mind which Pride they are in and ensure that they make sense to be in that pride.

10. I reserve the right to deny applications. I will usually let you know why, and give you the chance to edit and fix it to later be accepted. However, I will not walk you through what to do specifically.

11. Hate the Character, not the Player. Drama in Rp is great, Drama outside of it is not.

12. No Love at First Sight, Insta-Mates, etc. There needs to be build up and a relationship established.

13. Stock Images and Artwork is allowed to be Used, as long as WP's Rules are Followed. Stock has to be F2U and from DA though for my own Sanity though.

14. Have fun!

Lion Size Range

The Males
3.5 Ft to 4 Ft in Height
&
330 lbs to 550 lbs in Weight

The Females
3.1 Ft to 3.6 Ft in Height
&
270 lbs to 400 lbs in Weight

The height is to the shoulder, not the top of their head. This is also the only range I will accept Adult lions in. So they cannot be smaller than or bigger than the range given.

Edited at November 5, 2023 03:53 AM by Imperial Sands
Pride v. Pride | Lion Rp | Open!June 15, 2023 05:08 AM

Imperial Sands

Darkseeker

Give Award
The Mabuto Pride

About the Pride
The Mabuto Pride is an older pride, with it's original pride being a splinter group from another lead by the great grandsire of the brothers. They had a rough start, struggling due to their smaller numbers making it difficult for them to defend their territory from stronger, bigger prides. However, they managed to secure a foot hold and eventually developed into a strong and large pride, effectively pushing back other prides and securing their territory to what it is today.

The Mabuto pride is currently a strong pride lead by the King and a less dominant Second Male. Despite the history behind the pride, they aren't as close knit as they used to be, with the victory over his brother seemingly going to the King's head. A once humble and hard working pride have become a bit pompous, with many within its ranks looking down on the lions of the Kapalo as if they were less than and not just apart of the pride a few years before. This attitude is most found within the King, Queen, and their Seconds, as well as any females who are currently favored by the King. Not everyone feels the same way, but majority of the pride does.

The dry season and coming drought don't affect the Mabuto pride as much, with plentiful water sources throughout the territory. Some of them will dry up, yes, while others will at least have enough water in them to make it to the rains. What does affect them, however, is other lions hunting on their territory, particularly the Kapalo. If they catch wind of a hunt happening, they will quickly rush to deter them from stepping foot on their territory if they can, and will even actively ruin a hunt if need be. As of right now, they care very little about the struggles their brethren are going through.

The Mabuto Pride is a bit of an older pride, though they're being lead by a new male. Due to the pride's longer existence they don't have as much to work for. Their territory is more established and a high quality section of lands that never fail to provide for them. This means they're always well fed, and it helps sustain a higher number of lions within the pride. However, because of their solidification within the territory, the pride appears more relaxed, even lazy as they lounge around for hours at a time. However, they are protective over their lands and pride, but they aren't as close knit as they don't really have to rely on one another as much. Still, because they are well fed their lions, males and females alike, tend to be on the larger side, or, at the very least, a healthier weight. They can fight, but they're a bit spoiled in the fact that they don't have to try hard for what they want, and most of their opponents aren't so tenacious that risk of death is present often.

Hierarchy
King
Queen
Second Male
Lead Huntress
Pride Lioness
Cub

In the Mabuto Pride, the Queen and King are nearly equal, though the King is above her and holds more power than her as he is the leader by birth right, whereas she was chosen by him to lead. They still work together to ensure the unity and success of the pride, and they tend to avoid overturning one another, preferring to wait on difficult decisions so they can discuss it first. His position can be challenged for by another male, and while hers can as well, he can also demote her and choose another lioness to fill the position if he deems it necessary.

After them are the Second Male and Lead Huntress. These two are close to equal in status, but their jobs are very different so it's hard to compare them in any way other than they just happen to be the next two highest ranked lions in the pride. Second Male helps protect the pride with the King, helping to patrol, scent mark, fight, etc. He also is likely to be the one sent first to join the lionesses on a hunt, with the King joining second if he desires it or its deemed necessary. For the Lead Huntress the only leadership role she really takes is over hunts. It will always be either her or the Queen leading hunts, the two working together to strategize successful hunts. She is primarily chosen for her skill as a huntress, but she can act as a trusted lioness to the Queen, and can be a confidant if needed. The Second Male can be challenged for by another male, but only with the King's approval, however, Lead Huntress cannot be challenged for. A lioness can proposition she is the better huntress to the Queen, but if she doesn't find her to be a better huntress, she will be denied. If she is, though, then the Lead will be replaced.

After them is the main rank and the heart of the pride, the Pride Lionesses. They make up the bulk of the pride, and are the primary driving force within them. They do the hunting, the cub raising and sitting, and even some of the fighting if necessary. In the Mabuto Pride, the lionesses primarily handle the hunting and cubs though, and don't really actively participate in fights unless its absolutely necessary. Even then, usually it's a bluff of numbers to intimidate other prides. Within this Rank there can be Favored Lionesses who are the females the King prefers and has claimed as his own to sire cubs with. These favored females are off limits to any other male, even the Second, whereas pride lionesses who are not are able to mate with the Second if they get permission from the leads. Inappropriate interaction with a Favored Lioness, or even a lioness when permission wasn't granted, can have severe consequences.

Lastly, there are the Cubs. These little guys are the future of the pride, and are to be protected at all costs. They aren't expected to have any responsibility until they're old enough to start going on either hunts or patrols. Once they've reached a year old, they also will help out with cubsitting when needed too.

Territory

Edited at June 15, 2023 07:30 AM by Imperial Sands
Pride v. Pride | Lion Rp | Open!June 15, 2023 05:09 AM

Imperial Sands

Darkseeker

Give Award
The Kapalo Pride

About the Pride
Forged from difficult circumstances, the bond within the Kapalo pride is strong, almost unbreakable. They've had to learn to adapt and struggle through change together, only able to lean on those around them for support. They are a newer pride, but their years of living together within Mabuto originally has allowed them a headstart on knowing how to work together. It's likely the strong bonds created after the division and their ability to work together that allowed them to survive and claw out a life in the harsh lands they now call home.

Unfortunately the harsh reality of their situation caused the pride to evolve into savages, creatures who prioritize their survival above everything else. They face difficult situations and have to make even tougher choices. It's hardened them, taught thm valuable lessons, but also made them stronger mentally and emotionally both as a pride but also as an individual. While they may not have the advantage of size and weight, but what they do have is the experience, skill, and the sheer will.

The pride knows that the dry season will hit them hard, and will likely push them to roam further and venture into other prides' territories more. They're not afraid to fight for what they need and want, and are ready to take it if necessary. There is a rumor within in the pride too, that there are whispers about trying to challenge for the Mabuto Territory as a pride instead of just King Vs King. With the treatment they've received from the Mabuto Pride, many of the Kapalo are ready to dethrone the Mabuto Pride so they can get a taste of their own medicine.

The Kapalo Lions are, to put it simply, known to be savages. Ragged lions who have learned to survive in the harsh lands of their territory, they approach everything with the same aggressive mindset: it's us or them. Only the strongest survive in the Kapalo Pride, yet there is still a bit of raggedness to even their strongest. They're ferocious beasts, but they coats are often dirty and unkept, as well as they tend to be on the thinner sider. Kapalo lions are known to be lean creatures, their weight never quite reaching its peak due to lack of resources. Still, they're formidable and outsiders tend to give them a wide berth. The Kapalo Lions are extremely aggressive to other animals and lions when it comes to kills, and never abandon a kill until it's stripped clean since they never know for sure when their next meal will come. Despite their rugged nature, they're a tight knit group who has each other's backs.

Hierarchy
King
Second Male
Queen
Second Female
Pride Lioness
Cub

In the Kapalo Pride, ranks are similar to the Mabuto, but still vary some.

First there is the King and the Second Male, the only two males within the pride who are also the most high ranked lions in the pride. The King is the primary leader, his word surpassing all, even the Queen, so his word is law. He makes the decisions for the pride in regards to most things like patrols, which fights to push, and even where to go in search of resources. After him is the Second Male, who is a Second in Command in every way. He executes the King's orders, wishes, and vision, and ensures the rules are being followed. They are by no means equal in power, however, they work together closely to ensure the safety of the pride in whatever capacity that entails. Both ranks can be challenged for by other males, however with Second male approval from the King has to be gained first.

After them are the Queen and Second Female, the two highest ranked females in the pride. While she is considered a leader in her own right, the Queen does not hold nearly as much power as the King. This isn't for any sort of lack of respect towards her, but because the pride lives in a much more dangerous and difficult area, so having one lion at the helm making decisions without needing to discuss it with another is better as snap judgements are a constant in the harsher lands. She is still there as his counterpart, but most of her leadership is over hunting and cubs. She decides who can have cubs, and it is the one thing she supersedes the King on. If it doesn't look like they can support multiple lionesses having cubs, then the King has to respect that so that the pride doesn't starve due to too many mouths to feed. She does have some say in other things, like where they will go for resources, but ultimately that isn't her jurisdiction. The Second Female helps her with these things, helping her to plan and lead hunts, even leading them herself at times, but also ensuring the other lionesses are following what the Queen, and King, have said. She is also the female in the pride the Queen trusts the most and actively acts as her confidant. Queen is not a role that can be challenged for, she is appointed by the King and only the King, and same goes for Second Female except that it's the Queen who chooses her, so she can only be replaced if the Queen wishes it.

From there the bulk of the pride are the Kapalo Pride Lionesses. Like the Mabuto Pride they make up the majority of the pride, and had the hunting, cub raising and sitting, etc. The main difference, though, is the lionesses take an active part in fighting, whether they are defending the pride or attacking something, the lionesses are warriors as much as they are hunters. The pride does almost everything as one, so the males take part in the hunts regularly, and the females help patrol and defend too. There are also Favored Lionesses within the Kapalo pride as well, and much of the same applies. They can only have cubs with the King, and are off limits to other males, even the second, plus they can lose favor too. However, even a favored lioness is not above the Queen's ruling on cubs for the year. If a lioness has cubs without the Queen's permission, they will be abandoned, killed, or the lioness could be exiled with or without them.

Finally, the Cubs are the final rank within the pride. They are to be protected and guarded, but they're also expected to listen when spoken to when they're under threat. A pride member is expected to protect the cubs, but if a cub doesn't listen or actively does the opposite of what it has been told or knows it should do, then an adult should not go out of their way and the cub is on their own. It's harsh, but the pride cannot risk losing a valuable pride member because a cub decided not to listen or did something stupid.

Territory

Edited at June 15, 2023 08:35 AM by Imperial Sands
Pride v. Pride | Lion Rp | Open!June 15, 2023 05:13 AM

Imperial Sands

Darkseeker

Give Award
The Available Roles

The Mabuto Pride

King:
Rp Sample Required; Higher Literacy & Activity Required

Queen
Rp Sample Required; Higher Literacy & Activity Required

Second Male
Rp Sample Required

Lead Huntress:
Rp Sample Required

Pride Lionesses:

Cubs:

The Kapalo Pride

King:
Reserved for Spellbound

Second Male:
Reserved for Tene

Queen:
Reserved for Me

Second Female:
Reserved for Matunda

Pride Lionesses:

Cubs:

Nomadic Males

Edited at June 21, 2023 05:07 PM by Imperial Sands
Pride v. Pride | Lion Rp | Open!June 15, 2023 05:14 AM

Imperial Sands

Darkseeker

Give Award
The Form

Name:
Pride:
Desired Rank:
Thoughts on the Other Pride: [Erase if Nomadic]
Appearance: [2 Paragraph Min.]
Personality: [2 Paragraph Min.]
Crush:
Mate:
Cubs:
Kin:
Affiliations:
Other:
Pride v. Pride | Lion Rp | Open!June 15, 2023 08:51 AM

Imperial Sands

Darkseeker

Give Award
It's not fully done, but I can open it and start accepting reservations and characters now!
Pride v. Pride | Lion Rp | Open!June 15, 2023 08:55 AM

Spellbound

Lightbringer

Give Award

Name:
Aryaditya

Name Meaning:
Hindu ; Friend ; The Noble Conqueror; A Noble Who Is Bright Like The Sun

Pride:
The Kapalo Pride

The King

Desired Rank:
He's Quite Satisfied Being A King, But He'd Be More Content To Take His " Brother " Down A Peg & Secure A Future For His Pride.

Thoughts on the Other Pride:
To Him, The Mabuto Pride Are Lazy & Soft. They Don't Know What It Truly Means To Struggle To Survive Or Live Day By Day. They Don't Know The Meaning Of Hardship Or Pain. Because How Dare They Look Down Upon Them. They're Nothing But A Bunch Of Spoiled Brats That Have Everything Spoonfed To Them - And That Spoon Needs To Get Taken. Now Of Course, He Has Sympathy For Those Who Don't Know Any Better Like Cubs & Juveniles, But The Grown Adults? He Has No Kind Words Nor Sympathy For Them, Either They're For Him Or Against Him. This Pride Needs To Be Squashed, And Maybe Then They'll Understand The True Meaning Of Suffering.

Appearance:
Stock Image. Credits To Lakela @ DA

- Physical Description Shall Go Here

Personality:
- A Big WIP

Crush:
TBD

Mate:
TBD

Cubs:
TBD

Kin:
King Of The Mabuto Pride [ " Brother " ]

Affiliations:
The Queen

- Writing Goes Here

His Brother
- Writing Goes Here

Other:

Pride v. Pride | Lion Rp | Open!June 15, 2023 09:07 AM

Imperial Sands

Darkseeker

Give Award
Name:
Inaaya
TBD
Female
Pride:

Kapalo Pride

Queen
Desired Rank:

Content
Thoughts on the Other Pride:

TBA
Appearance:

Credit Belongs to Tala-Stock on DA. This is a Stock Image.

Inaaya is a creature of what would be regal appearance if she wasn't living such a harsh life. She's a tall female, reaching about 3.5 feet tall at the shoulder, but with a leaner weight of only about 360 lbs, on a good day sometimes she's less, due to the pride's struggle to feed themselves. She isn't so thin that her hips show, but with certain movements a glimpse of the outline of her last rib can sometimes be seen. Despite her low weight, it's easy to see the musculature beneath her coat as it hangs over her bones. Like many of the Kapalo Lions, Ina may not have the heavier weight of a lioness her height should have, but the meat she does have on her is hardened muscle.

Moving like tightly wound coil, Inaaya walks in a poised and calculated manner, taking in around her and prepared for anything. Her coat always seems to be a bit dusty, which is just the facts of life when living in a place covered in dirt, but even without it the female has always had a greyish tone to her coat. Being grey-tan in color, with some golden tan spread throughout, the lioness has a unique appearance that makes her easy to identify among her pride. Oddly enough, the lioness has some cub-like spotting she never seemed to outgrow, they greyish color markings appearing on her legs and belly, only fading as they go up from where they start. She does have a noticeable short stripe on the top of her head, which is a darker greyish-brown in color, with the same color being seen creating rings on the outside of her ears. The color of the bridge of her muzzle, the area just before her nose, is a similar color, though it starts lighter and darkens as it reaches her actual nose, which is a mix of grey-brown and dark pink. Inaaya's eyes are extremely unique as well, with a startling shade of bright amber, a color so gold they seem molten. Her eyes seem to contrast with the diluted greyscale of her tan coat, but it does make it difficult to look away from her when she's making eye contact.

Personality:

Rough Around the Edges || Serious || Devoted || Hard Working || Resilient || Aggressive || Hostile || Motherly || Patient || Calculating || Defiant || Will Get Her Paws Dirty || Loyal || Regal || Graceful || Elegant

Do not be fooled by the graceful way the lioness carries herself, as beneath that regal exterior lays a lioness you do not want to cross. There is nothing the Kapalo Queen wouldn't do for her pride, her loyalty to them is not something that should ever be tested. She is a bit rough around the edges, often coming off as harsh and critical, but it's because so much hangs in the balance for the pride, so much rests on her shoulders. Still, despite her more critical personality, the lioness has a lot of respect for the pride she helps lead, knowing they wouldn't have gotten so far without them.

The serious lioness is completely devoted to her pride, and is not above pulling her own weight. She's exceptionally hard working, always right there with her pride in the thick of things. She is not the type to expect them to do something she herself wouldn't do, nor would she really expect them to do the things she is willing to do. Inaaya is a resilient lioness, always the type to get up and keep marching forward no matter how difficult the path is and no matter how many times she gets knocked down. On top of this, Inaaya is an extremely patient and calculating lioness, always the one to bide her time until the perfect moment to act. She's always the one with multiple back up plans, as well as the ability to adapt and think on her feet. This makes her a very difficult opponent, as she's the one you have to worry about being two steps ahead at any given moment. This combined with the sheer amount of hostility and aggression she can show makes her dangerous, as there is very few things she wouldn't do to better her pride.

Despite her more difficult nature, Inaaya is a surprisingly attentive mother, always ensuring her cubs' needs are met and that any danger towards them is quickly eliminated. She will not stand to let the lives of her cubs be threatened, and she will spare no one who dares harm them. She also has a gentler touch with her cubs, becoming a kinder and gentler version of herself that can offer a comforting and understanding nature.

Crush:

Eh. No.
Mate:

Would technically be the King.
Cubs:

Open to Cubs
Kin:

Possibly Open, Possibly Not
Affiliations:

Open - WIP
Other:
None for Now

Edited at June 21, 2023 05:33 PM by Imperial Sands
Pride v. Pride | Lion Rp | Open!June 15, 2023 09:46 AM

Matunda

Darkseeker

Give Award
Reserve second lioness? I'll get my RP sample sent in a bit.

Forums > Roleplay > Sign-Ups
   1    2 

Refresh

Copyright ©2013-2024 Go Go Gatsby Designs, LLC    All Rights Reserved
Terms Of Use  |   Privacy Policy   |   DMCA   |   Contact Us