Wolf Play : Marked By Death | Sign-Ups/Revamp | Small Group
Chatbox
 beeble
04:14:40 beeb
Urux,
my G1 girls /usually/ don't disappoint. they like to drop a bunch of random boosts and defects.

hopefully your luck gets better though! i was in the same boat before i restarted my pack with G1's.
 Urux
04:13:46 Urox
Beeb
That's so lucky! I'm suffering, I've gotten no good litters for like 3 game years :')
 beeble
04:12:34 beeb
-WP Click-
this girl is such a randomly good producer.. an axanthic and 2 albinos in her first 2 litters 👀
 Omens
03:40:57 
Viti 4 and Viti 2 fight over a bone

Sisters xD
 Amygdala
03:37:32 Amy/Anpmygdala
Urux
Still 40 is crazy😅

Atleast you got it back
 distant-lands
03:37:30 katy | beetle
hm. it's been 6 days since my adopt auction ended and one person still hasn't paid for the one they won >.>

i have no idea what to do, lol.
 Urux
03:36:27 Urox
Amy
Oh thank you haha, I bought the 40 one. I got 50 back and a party token so I mean not so bad
 Existence
03:25:08 Exist / Kuskyn
I think the most I've gotten after going through 2000 moves is 300 mush from Montak
 Amygdala
03:17:09 Amy/Anpmygdala
Exist
Same...i once accidentaly sold all my relics and got almost 200 mush🥲
 Existence
03:12:18 Exist / Kuskyn
I am so use to my old team not collecting all the pieces I need so I am like oh crap when I go and sell everything with my new team seeing the list pop up with all 3 shards T.T
 Amygdala
03:07:33 Amy/Anpmygdala
Exist
I check craft first after exploring and then head over to montak XD
 Existence
03:06:49 Exist / Kuskyn
I am hopeless honestly I haven't learnt my lesson that they could be ised to craft..
 Amygdala
03:03:29 Amy/Anpmygdala
Exist
Damn...that's too bad.

Urux
I have shard 2 if you need it
 Urux
03:01:48 Urox
Amy
Yeah :/ I've been gifting mine to people that talk about needing the different pieces in the chat
 Existence
03:01:30 Exist / Kuskyn
I accidentally sold my shard 2 and 3 to Montak x.x
 Amygdala
03:01:24 Amy/Anpmygdala
Urux
Damn...i keep selling them for 8🤣

No wonder they dissapear so fast lol
 Urux
03:00:56 Urox
:O I just won an apple in a raffle
 Urux
03:00:19 Urox
The cheapest bronze pieces being 40 mush is crazy
 Existence
02:24:50 Exist / Kuskyn
I'm laughing at my quest.. 40 chipmunks in forest, but since I got the quest I haven't seen the little turds xD
 Silver Dawn
02:23:30 
Floof!

Refresh

You must be a registered member for more
than 1 day before you can use our chatbox.
Quests
Alliance Battles
Challenges

Hourly Damage Variances
Caiman : -3
Alligator : +2
Arctic Fox : +4
    Winter   Day  Weather:  Blizzard

Forums

→ Wolf Play is a fun game! Sign Up Now!

My Subscriptions
My Bookmarks
My Topics
Latest Topics
Following
Forums > Roleplay > Sign-Ups

Marked By Death | Sign-Ups/Revamp | Small GroupFebruary 26, 2023 10:01 PM

Cereal

Darkseeker

Give Award

╔═══━━━───~•|•|•~───━━━═══╗

Introduction

╚═══━━━───~•|•|•~───━━━═══╝

"Would I betray my kin for a chance of immortality? Well, of course. I'm a pirate, after all."

-Captain Radnor 'Riot' Emmit

A group of men and women alike sat together at a long, rectangular made of wood. A total of eight hats, with them in different conditions, settled in front of their respectful person. A woman with stormy grey eyes was sitting at the head of the table, with her long blonde hair tied in a messy ponytail. Her skin is tanned, with dark freckles staining her cheeks. Her bow lips twisted into a smile, her eyes of storms glimmering with an unknown emotion. Her outfit was weathered and worn down, with two pistols attached to her hips and an ammo belt strapped loosely to her chest. "So," her tone was teasing, yet there was a bit of seriousness to it, "are we seeking such a thing? Could it be possible?" Her eyes turned to the man sitting on her left side, watching intently as he sipped from a brown mug while the rum soaked his classic full beard.

Meanwhile, his black hair gleamed under the candlelight of the chandler hanging above. His man's eyes of icy blues locked with hers, prolonging his drinking to annoy her. His eyelids were stained with black eyeshadow, ruined from sweat and the seas splashing on his pale, smooth face. Around his neck was a compass, the arrow moving in a clockwise motion in an infinite loop. "Captain Almira Salvador, I don't know how to answer such a question. Better yet," he slams his mug on the surface of the table, "I have little care to discuss such a thing with my bitter rivals," he turns to the man sitting across from him, hoisting his mug, and gives a tilt of his head, "except for Captain Leighton, of course." Almira huffs in annoyance, watching as the man supposedly named Leighton leans against his chair with his feet settled on the table.

Leighton's dark emerald eyes dimmed, muttering a few words under his breath, "Don't you dare drag me into your petty squabbles, Captain Salvador. You too, Calder." His appearance was roguish-like that of a wild animal. Scars decorated his face, with his messy hair of dark brown partially covering it. There's a violent gleam in his green orbs. Hidden under his layer of clothing were multiple bandages, hiding the scars he endured during his conflicts. Leighton was and would always be a ticking timebomb, waiting for an excuse to flay the others alive. The man with the beard, supposedly Calder, stands up from his table, pointing an accusing finger in Leighton's direction. "It's Captain Prescott to you!" Unbothered by Captain Prescott's outburst, Captain Leighton spins a finger through his tangled beard, his beard reaching past his throat. A woman sitting next to Captain Leighton only laughs, covering her lips with her hand. On each finger were multiple rings made of valuable metal and gemstones, and her outfit wasn't tattered, unlike the others at this table. "I wouldn't call you much of a captain either. I've heard word that you're in your chambers drinking away," she points at Captain Prescott, making a circular motion with her finger, "compared to us. Your skin has been left untouched by the Sun and salt of the seas. The only touch you get is when the rum hits your lapping tongue."

Her joke causes everyone to snicker, even the violent man sitting beside her chortles. Prescott's face twisted with fury before sitting back down in his chair, taking another swig of his wooden mug, "You're all talk, Captain Reeves. From what the sea birdies told me is that you bribe your way out of conflict. Barely any blood on your silken hands," he grumbled, while Reeves raised a singular brow, "It's called business. Maybe you learn something about if you weren't a drunkard." She flexes off her exquisite clothing. Her attire consisted of gold silk and black linen. Playing with a strand of her wavy hair of red, her hair bouncing back in position each time she lets go. "A fool who's an excellent navigator. Had I mentioned that I was the first to attend the meeting?" Intrigued by the brewing conflict, the others remained quiet. Captain Reeves' laughter never ceased, her light brown eyes shining brighter, "I bet to be the first to have a drink."

Almira pulls out one of her pistols, shooting at Prescott's mug, watching the beverage leak from the bullet holes. The navigator glares daggers in Almira's way, then focuses on the man sitting on his left. "Can't you believe this?!? Why is everyone against me!?!" The person beside him was wearing an eyepatch with a decorative skull stitched into the fabric. His skin tone was a dark brown, like that of chocolate, and his hands were covered with fingerless gloves. He appears underdressed for the occasion, wearing a simple shirt and pants with a sleeveless leather coat. His singular eye of amber was seething with boredom, moving his only eye to examine Prescott. "It's because you're a fool." He adjusts in the chair, shifting the rifle settled in his lap to fix its position. "C'mon and aid me, Captain Crowley! I never sunk any of your fleets! Only there's!" Crowley turns away, shutting his eye to take a nap. It's silently clear that the conversation between them is over, making Prescott snort.

Another fellow voiced his opinions, his original skin tone unknown, as it's been tanned heavily from staying outside for an extended time. The palms of his hands are withered, but not because of combat, it was worn down from wooden material. His dark blue eyes thoroughly inspected the individuals sitting at the table. "I have enough of this foolery. Hurry up and share what's important." He was oddly calm, with his posture composed yet defensive. Almira huffs, "Always the impatient one, Captain Uberto. Do you sense a storm brewing, mister helmsman?" She watches as he rakes his fingers through his dirty blonde hair to push it back to keep it away from his eyes. He grew quiet after that, only huffing before staring out the window at the clouds. At the very end of the table were two other women who kept to themselves during the meeting. "He is right, you know. We have to hurry this along, or else some random pirates attempt to claim what's ours." The one who spoke was Captain Wright, her long, straight black hair tied in a tight bun. The color of the woman's skin was a sunkissed yellow, her monolid eyelids hovering over her seemingly black eyes. No one can outshine her combat strategies in the waters and lands, her tactics unmatched with her mind always brewing with plans. Her outfit is moderate, but the way she carries her makes her overbearing for some.

Lastly, the woman across from Captain Wright nodded in agreement with the other's impatience. She reeked of gunpowder, her skin permanently stained by what appeared to be charcoal. Her hair was partially singed off from her many failed attempts at making explosives. She's known as Captain Hayes, the demolition expert and the creator of most explosives currently sold in the pirate market. "I have a booming business to run. I can't keep stalling here waiting for you to spill the powder, mate." Hayes rests her left cheek in the palm of her hand, staring at Almira nestled at the front of the table. That made everyone eager to begin the meeting, making Captain Salvador grin. "I know all of you are craving for more. I can see it in your crazed eyes," turning her focus to Captain Crowley, "eye, too." She pauses to add a dramatic effect to her future words, clasping her hands together and setting them on the table. Prescott leans in his seat, Crowley awakens from his short nap, Leighton's blood-crazed eyes settled, Reeves's impish grin only grew, Uberto finally pays attention to Almira, Wright completely turns her body to face her, and Hayes appears intrigued to something else that doesn't involve bombs. "Oh, and what would that be?" Wright asked, interested for once within the conversation. Almira's smile turns wicked, her eyes burning with passion. Now that everyone was on her and eagerly waiting, she finally spilled.

"Immortality."

Plot

Children of these infamous pirates woke up one day and found a peculiar marking placed randomly on their bodies. The marking is in the shape of a skull shattered in the middle, and its eyes are the same color as their respective parents. It's a debt that needs to be paid, but you can't buy it off with coins. Oh no. This one is cleared off by offering your life or someone else's. It's a due that never gets the other's approval. They've been cursed by the Reaper of the Seas, a punishment for their parents' sins of seeking immortality. The markings are deemed cursed within the pirate community, a source of bad luck since it acts like a tracker for the Reaper of the Seas. Now, the eight children banded together to find their parents to free themselves from this curse by hunting down their parents. Their journey won't be easy, as the Reaper of the Seas is determined to claim their souls. He's eager to send his fleet of undead pirates and sea monster children to hunt them down to claim what he sees as rightfully his.

Marked By Death | Sign-Ups/Revamp | Small GroupFebruary 26, 2023 10:02 PM

Cereal

Darkseeker

Give Award

Other Forums

Thread Discussion Sign-Ups

Rules

All of Eve's Rules apply obviously
1 : Be active . Please don't join up just to leave - I would like this RP to last for a while. I expect posts 1-2 a week , and if you need to take a break or be inactive please inform be beforehand via PM or Discussion. Inactivity will lead to your character being removed from the RP.
2 : No OP or Mary Sue, Weeping Willow's , Gary's or any characters of the like.
3 : This is a Semi-Literate to Literate RP. I expect at least 150 + words per post. Put the missing number somewhere in your form, hidden. Also, I required a detailed and well-written appearance and description for your character. This includes proper grammar rules and any form not following these requirements will be declined.
4: No OOC problems. Hate the character but not the player - any instances of unbecoming behavior will not be tolerated, and mods will be contacted if needed.
5: Reservations last for 48 hours and you may only reserve two roles at a time. The reservation doesn't start until you actually post and begin working on the forms. You will be allowed to have 2 - 12 hour extensions if needed to complete a form, otherwise the spot will be open for someone else.
7: I as the owner of the RP reserve the right to accept and decline forms as I see fit. I will not tolerate rude behavior towards me just because you got declined - if you do get decline , try and work on your form and maybe it'll get accepted due to the corrections. Put, thunderbird in other. I hope to RP with many new faces - so come on, I don't bite.
8 : I will make a 4 character limit , however as the RP progresses people will die - so I suggest having 2 characters to start. You can also only reserve 2 characters at a time.
9: I will allow art for your characters since cartoonish human art is allowed - make sure they are properly credited and follow all of the WP regulations or this rule will be redacted.
10: This RP is not a heavy romance RP and their may be some hints of it so I'll get this out the way - no romances between your own character [the exception is if the character has a deceased lover or one that'll die later on.] Also, you are allowed to have your characters be siblings, cousins, and etc.
11 : Don't be the character constantly disrespecting the superiors and higher ups - it can be fun but it's also annoying. After all why do
you want your character to constantly get in trouble.
12 : Any questions are to be asked via PMs - I don't want this thread clogged up.
13 : Make sure to read everything!
14 : Have fun ;)

Edited at February 26, 2023 10:07 PM by Tamesis
Marked By Death | Sign-Ups/Revamp | Small GroupFebruary 26, 2023 10:04 PM

Cereal

Darkseeker

Give Award

Important NPC Characters

Captain Almira 'She-Devil' Salvador

Appearance: 5'8, tanned skin, lightly freckled cheeks, a silver bracelet on her left wrist, bow-shaped lips, diamond-shaped head, stormy grey eyes, blonde long and 1c hair
Personality: Cold-hearted, selfish, adventurous, ambitious, brave, and hot-headed
Ship: The Devil's Rose
Primary Skill: Sharpshooting
Secondary Skill: Detail-Oriented
Primary Weapons: Two Handcannons
Her Child: Res by Me

Captain Caldor 'Silver Heart' Prescott

Appearance: 6'0, pale skin, classic full beard, a necklace of his favorite compass around his neck, thin-shaped lips, triangular-shaped head, icy blue eyes, black short and 1b hair
Personality: Drunkard, defensive, disorganized, reserved, unhurried, and observant
Ship: The Dirty Howl
Primary Skill: Navigation
Secondary Skill: Swordplay
Primary Weapon: Cutlass
His Child: Open

Captain Dexter 'The Wild' Leighton

Appearance: 6'8, light brown skin, long beard that reaches to his chest, wide-shaped lips, rectangular-shaped and scarred head, dark green eyes, dark brown medium and 1a hair
Personality: Aggressive, barbaric, active, dominating, mature, and temperamental
Ship: The Savage Deceit
Primary Skill: Close-Combat
Secondary Skill: Intimidation
Primary Weapon: Two Boarding Axes

Captain Reba 'Vixen' Reeves

Appearance:
5'11, rose beige skin tone, multiple expensive rings on both hands, heavy-lowered shaped lips, heart-shaped head, light brown eyes, red long and 2a hair

Personality: Flirtatious, manipulative, self-indulgent, greedy, pompous, and high-spirited
Ship: The Vengeful Maiden
Primary Skill: Persuasion
Secondary Skill: Knife-Play
Primary Weapon: Throwing Knives
Her Child: Open

Captain Harlow 'Dead Eye' Crowley

Appearance: 5'9, bronze skin tone, an eyepatch over his right eye, full-shaped lips, oval-shaped head, amber eyes, black long and 3c hair
Personality: Moody, casual, apathetic, solemn, resourceful, and capable
Ship: The Atlantis
Primary Skill: Marksmanship
Secondary Skill: Stealth
Primary Weapon: Rifle

Captain Elden 'The Kraken' Uberto

Appearance:
5'10, original skin tone unknown, he wears an earring of a squid tentacle in his right ear, heavy top-shaped lips, square-shaped head, dark blue eyes, short light brown and 1b hair

Personality: Impatient, snappy, grim, superficial, narcissistic, and alert
Ship: The Sea King
Primary Skill: Sailing
Secondary Skill: Shooting
Primary Weapon: Pistol

Captain Ina 'Medusa' Wright

Appearance:
6'0, dark yellow skin tone, has a dominating aura, heavy bottom-shaped lips, round-shaped head, monolid black eyes, black medium and 1a hair (always in a bun)

Personality: Serious, workaholic, perfectionist, pensive, determined, and self-reliant
Ship:
The Dread

Primary Skill: Tactics
Secondary Skill: Swordplay
Primary Weapon: Rapier

Captain Esta 'Blunder' Hayes

Appearance:
5'4, olive colored skin, always reeks of gunpowder, downward turned shaped lips, blue-green eyes, long light brown and 2c hair

Personality: Creative, brilliant, stubborn, unsociable, inconsiderate, and money-focused
Ship: The Rustic Nightmare
Primary Skill: Demolition
Secondary Skill: Crafting
Primary Weapon: Grenades

Main Characters

Children of the Pirate Kings and Queens

1. Res by Me
2. Open
3. Open
4. Open
5. Open
6. Open
7. Open
8. Open

NPC Characters

The crewmates, civilians, and side characters to the RP. They're here to add drama.

Crewmates

Townfolk

Edited at February 26, 2023 10:05 PM by Tamesis
Marked By Death | Sign-Ups/Revamp | Small GroupFebruary 26, 2023 10:06 PM

Cereal

Darkseeker

Give Award

Character Sheets

I don't care how you do your forum, but be sure to have these main things within your character sheet.

Main Characters

Name:
Sexuality:
Parent:
Appearance:
Personality:
Primary Skill [Similar To Their Parent]:
Secondary Skill [Learnt Themself]:
Relationship Status:
Significant Other:
Crush:
Exes:
Kin:
Other:

NPC Characters

Name:
Sexuality:
Appearance:
Personality:
Occupation [Crewmate, Townsfolk, etc.]:
Who Are You Most Loyal To? [If Crewmate]:
Relationship Status:
Significant Other:
Crush:
Exes:
Kin:
Other:

Marked By Death | Sign-Ups/Revamp | Small GroupFebruary 26, 2023 10:21 PM

Cereal

Darkseeker

Give Award

╔═══════ ≪ ༺༻ ≫ ═══════╗

Gail 'Hex' Emmit

╚═══════ ≪ ༺༻ ≫ ═══════╝

༺═──────────────═༻

"I don't know what's worse. Mother raiding and killing my father, or this putrid-tasting rum. Huh. . .my pick is the rum."

༺═──────────────═༻

Name:
Gail 'Hex' Emmit [Fake Name By Father]
Alverdine 'Dead Eyes' Salvador [Actual Name By Mother]

Preferred Name:
Gail 'Hex' Emmit

Nicknames:
Nope

༺═──────────────═༻

Pronouns:
She/Her

Sexuality:
Poly-Bisexual

༺═──────────────═༻

Appearance:

WIP

༺═──────────────═༻

Personality:
Gambling-Addict | Drinker | Party-Goer | Cocky | Can Be Flirtatious | Undisplinced | Rebellious | Mindless | Adventurous | Brave | Cold-Hearted To Strangers | Active | Fun-Loving | Uncooperative At Times | Impish | Sociable | Absentminded | High-Spirited | Ill-Mannered | Liar | Troublesome | Thievish | Rowdy | Petty | Childish

Gambling
Parties
Thunderstorms
The Smell of the Ocean
Chocolate
Success
A Good Joke
Freshly Baked Goods
Traveling
Praise
Music

Dislikes:
Whiny Children
Extreme Cold
Boredom
Holes In Socks
Getting Lost
Headaches
Losing At Something
Criticism
Riddles
Being Bossed Around
Terrible Tasting Rum
Splinter

༺═──────────────═༻

Primary Skill:
Sharpshooting

Secondary Skill:
Parkour

Strengths:
Brave
Self-Confident
Sociable
Dexterity
Flexible
Accuracy

Weaknesses:
Rebellious
Careless
Dishonest
Intelligence
Durability
Stealth

༺═──────────────═༻

Relationship Status:
Single Pringle

Significant Other(s):
Nope

Crushes:
Nada

Exes:
Wait, I don't have exes

༺═──────────────═༻

Kin:

Almira 'She-Devil' Salvador

Mother

Their relationship is as sour as an expired fish, with the two having similar appearances yet different interests. Her mother named her child after herself. Gail, as a child, knew that her mother was using her as a doll to manipulate to kill the other captain's offspring to make the seas her empire. Her mother's constant tests were grueling, and Gail is both grateful but upset that she experienced such as thing while still a child. Over the years of being under her mother's care, her eyes were deprived of any emotion. It gave her the nickname Dead-Eyes by her mother and her mother's crewmates. If these two were to meet each other again, it would be on sight for both of them.

Radnor 'Riot' Emmit

Father

She never met her father until she was 12 and was sent to him by Almira when the pirate captain found her useless. Her relationship with her father was better compared to her mother's. Riot was awkward when he first met his child, but he stepped up to the fatherly role without hesitation. Riot taught her everything she needed to know and was disgusted when he gained knowledge about Almira's crude training methods. He even went as far as to change her name to erase whatever connection she had with Almira. Still, Gail's emotions have somewhat returned, but not entirely, considering she was passive in forming a bond with the man. When Gail turned 18, her mother wanted her back, and her father sent her away to an island to hide her away. While Gail was gone, Radnor was raided and then killed by his former lover.

༺═──────────────═༻

Other:
Bloop

Marked By Death | Sign-Ups/Revamp | Small GroupFebruary 27, 2023 11:08 AM

Freedom

Neutral

Give Award

Name

Reynard Braddock

Name Info

He took Braddock from his father’s surname, though he likes to introduce himself as Reynard Reeves. Reynard, as might have been guessed, was his mother’s idea, a bit of ego-stroking on her part. He has been referred to as “Reyn,” his most common nickname.

Male

Sexuality

Homo/Bisexual

While it might be more acceptable to be non-straight out on the sea, Reynard couldn’t risk his reputation in Naint by being with a man. He feels that he could be happy with a woman, but he has yet to find one to prove that right.

Parent

Reba “Vixen” Reeves

Appearance

Reynard doesn’t bear quite enough resemblance to his mother to be immediately identified as her son. He has her rosy complexion, heavy lower lip, and a tint of auburn to his hair, but in general he looks very little like her. His skin is light and untanned, with a warm blush to his cheeks and a healthy luster to his complexion. It’s soft but not totally unscarred - Reynard wasn’t always so good at keeping himself out of trouble, and his adventures as a young boy left him with a few marks. His face is distinctly round, with a soft jawline and ears that stick out from the sides of his face. His nose is slightly curved and not too big. He has a fairly thin upper lip, but a larger lower lip. His mouth is always stretched into a small, slightly quirked up, and his large lower lip makes his smile seem even bigger. He has good enough teeth with only a cavity or two. His eyes are slightly hooded and straight, almost almond-shaped with dark lashes. His irises are a kind of hazel that looks like flecked green, brown, and blue, but the predominant color is brown. His brows are defined and dark, nearly straight but with slight curves. One is often angled upwards, and they always look relaxed and friendly. His hair is down to his shoulders, and is slightly wavy. His hair is fairly dark brown, with auburn undertones and a certain warmth to it. He wears it loose, though he’l tie it back once in a while to keep it out of his face.

Reynard stands at about six feet tall, and he’s in good shape. He’s not as muscular as many sailors, but he has sinewy strength and he’s very healthy. He’s toned and has some tanning on his shoulders and arms. He has a few scars scattered across his body, though nothing too nasty or deep. He has long fingers and trimmed fingernails, and he’s a very clean person. His skin is fairly soft, his palms showing that he’s hardly worked a day in his life.

Despite what Reynard’s position and home would indicate, he doesn’t have money to throw at his outfits. In fact, most of his mother’s money - the portion that she doesn’t spend on herself - goes directly to the town. So Reynard’s outfits, while they’re high-quality, aren’t very expensive. For instance, he doesn’t own a single wig, which is a common sign of wealth where he’s from. He wears a white linen shirt with a collar and cuffs, and over this he wears a short waistcoat with tight sleeves, typically color-coordinate to his coat. His coat is bright red, and so his waistcoats are in shades of red. His coat is fairly long, below the knees, and has a center-front button closure and wide cuffs. It also has pockets and a slit in the back through which his sword sticks. His sword is tucked into a belt. He has barely-visible dark brown breeches tucked into his shoes. He wears tall black leather boots with slight heels and a black beaver-skin tricorner hat, though he knows better than to wear this in the wild winds of the sea. He has a bright silk sash across one shoulder with a folding knife and his two pistols. Each of these is attached to the sash with a lanyard. As for jewelry, he has vey little except for the occasional necklace and, more importantly, a large golden ring similar to those which his mother wears.

Personality

Reynard was raised as a landowner in the wealthy British town of Naint. He shows all the class and sophistication that can be expected of someone like this. He’s a dashing young man with a loose sense of fun to please the lower class and a set of manners to please the upper class. He seems to get along with any kind of person he meets, and to fit in just about any place. He’s always ready with a compliment or a throwaway gift to buy people’s affections. If you can’t win them with your words, more tangible things are a good backup plan. It’s obvious that he’s eager for people to like him, though whether this is manipulation or something less sinister is unclear. He has a sincerity and a genuine appearance to him, but one can’t trust that he’s always being honest. He doesn’t seem the type to set up those who are close to him, but his loyalty only extends so far. He’s quick to extend a friendly hand, and is very easy to befriend. He seems to enjoy company, and can find something good about everything that makes them worth being around. But there’s never any trust there, and nobody should expect there to be. He assumes that people will do what they have to to get what they want, even if that means throwing him over. In return, he treats his friends the same. In some cases, he goes into a friendship planning to betray them, his relationship with them existing only because he wants something. He knows how to weasel what he wants out of people, and he does this at times with his charm, but more than that with his own smooth kind of logic. Reynard is a very intelligent person, and while he sometimes uses this in a more straightforward manner, he also knows how to rationalize nearly anything. He can talk his way out of bad situations, make deals, navigate his fair share of politics. He just sounds so reasonable, it’s hard to argue with him. He’s a calm, collected, and perfectly frank-sounding person, and he prefers to talk people down instead of fighting them. His permanent smile won’t drop even in the direst straights.

Reynard doesn’t exactly have a good reputation with people from neighboring towns, but with the full support of his own town, funded by his mother, he’s had little reason to care what anyone outside of his little bubble thinks of him. He’s used to being admired, but also has to maintain a delicate balance: after all, his mother has betrayed the Crown more than once, and the townspeople are risking a lot by protecting her. So it’s his job to keep them happy, and make sure they always think of Captain Vixen as their protector and savior. He has no choice but to be well-liked by his town, or he would be ruined. He’s known as an upstanding citizen, an easy-natured man who attends church, gives his wealth to the needy, and is enchantingly good with children and elders. Even if his mother is a pirate, few people hold this against him. He hardly seems like the kind of young man who would have a pirate for a mother. Though he bears some appearance of a pirate, and he certainly won’t deny his heritage, these things that link him to his mother are shown off to create a positive association with pirates. He has no true corsair blood in him. All the same, he holds an affection for that swashbuckling life. Even if he can’t taste it for fear of being abandoned by his town and family, he cherishes the idea of being out on the sea, following in his mother’s footsteps. He has a certain admiration for the rougher types who roam the seas. He has the skills of a pirate, learned from his mother, and has heard stories since he was young. He yearns for adventure, and for a taste of danger and freedom. But Captain Vixen made it clear that she wanted him safeguarding her homeport, and he would never argue with her.

Nothing is more important to Reynard than family. He never gives his friends an ounce of trust, but he would stake his life on his family. His loyalty to them is unwavering and undying, something they can always rely on - or so they’ve always assumed. It may well be that this curse is where he draws the line - after all, why die to save his mother from a curse that never should have been his? But for his remaining family members, his loyalty seems to remain. He puts up with nearly anything from them, and isn’t prone to fighting with family members even if he’s upset with them. He expects other people to feel the same about their family, and judges them very harshly if they don’t make an effort to please their parents, to protect and help their siblings, to show their spouses that they love them, to give everything to their children. He hasn’t started his own family yet, maybe because he hasn’t felt that spark. With such devoted familial loyalty as his, he has to be very careful about who he winds up spending the rest of his life with. He typically jumps to the conclusion that anyone who would want to be with him would be doing it for political power. And as much as he can see the strategic benefit, he wants to be absolutely sure he can stand being with someone forever before he jumps in. With such pull in his community, he’s used to being flirted with, and is quick to deflect it and shut people down. He doesn’t let it get far even if he might be interested in the person. He would have to know someone for a long time to let them try and pull something like that on him. He says he’d rather take it slow, but with the rate he’s been going it may be that he never winds up with someone.

Reynard is a surprisingly open person when it comes to his emotions, but as is usual with him, it’s hard to tell what’s real and what’s not. He can easily fake a sob story or guilt-ridden confession, but he also shares his real feelings quite readily. Less so in actions, but more in words. He’s willing to tell the truth about how he’s feeling, for the most part, even if emotions don’t run visibly across his face. That smile always stays on. Those who don’t know him well are more easily sucked in because of his mix of the real and fake, and those who know better discount his real feelings, assuming they’re fake. And really, he prefers it that way, because holding things back would only strain and tear at him. All the same, there are things he keeps to himself. Everyone has their little secrets, after all, and nobody is an open book. That’s certainly what Reynard believes. He’s willing to listen to people, and to sympathize with them if they ask for it, but he never takes their words at face value. He’ll grant them some pity and a few spare coins if that’s what they’re looking for, but that’s as far as it goes. His anger is disconcerting, especially because it seems to be elicited by rather unpredictable things. He keeps on smiling, but his smile becomes venomous and cold, as does the rest of his demeanor. It may take time to detect something off about him, and he’ll insist that he’s not angry at all. He refuses to say what he’s mad about, or admit that anything’s wrong. He never goes out of his way to get revenge, but he holds a grudge for a long time, and if the opportunity presents itself he’s more than happy to kick an enemy when they’re down.

All in all, Reynard’s life has been all about balance. He’s a strange blend of genuine and deceitful, caring and untrusting, wild and refined, logical and emotional.

Attention

Giving Gifts

Family

The Pirate Life

The Ocean

Stories

Alone Time

His Mother

Being Liked

Pork Pie

Swordfighting

Sailing

Reading

Cycling

Dislikes

The Cold

Anti-Family People

Genuinely Honest People

Being Hit On

The Crown

Bad Parenting

Illogical People

Community Events

Primary Skill

Persuasion

Reynard learned a lot from his mother and father, but has also had to rely on his charisma since he was a young boy to keep his comfortable position in Naint. He’s had plenty of practice influencing people and crafting a reputation, and plenty of practice dealing with the wild accusations and unstable suspicions of his father. Whether through logic, emotion, or some light bribery, Reynard typically gets what he wants.

Secondary Skill

Swordfighting

Reynard’s mother never took the time to teach him a skill she didn’t think he’d use. So he took it upon himself to learn. His swordplay, while masterful and elegant, lacks the savagery and brutal killer instinct of some pirates. Fortunately, he makes up for it with nerves of steel and superior training. After all, swordplay is one thing a young gentleman can learn without raising any eyebrows.

Primary Weapons:

Reynard’s main weapon, which he has on him at all times, is a common British smallsword. It has a brass handle with polished wood, a simple curved design, and a coquille guard. The triangular cross-section is hollow ground for added lightness, with a 32-inch colichemarde blade. This sword is made for finesse and easy maneuverability rather than sheer power.

Normally Reynard wouldn’t carry any other weapon, but for something like this he’s opted to bring along a pair of flintlock pistols his mother left at their home. They were a British Officer’s variety, stolen from an officer. They’re a bit heavy, made of bright wood and metal.

Strengths

Rationality

Public Speaking

Politics

Money

Staying Calm

Horseback Riding

Checkers

Finesse

Weaknesses

Sailing

Seafaring Skills

Loyalty to Family

Close-Combat

Lack of Worldliness

Cooking

Brute Strength

Relationship Status

Since Reynard is quick to shoot down anyone who would want to be with him, he doesn’t have anyone at the moment. He’s always looking, though once he finds someone he tends to reject them immediately.

Significant Other

None

Crush

None

Exes

Reynard has had some small amount of very short relationships, but he doesn’t count those as very important.

Kin

Captain Reba “Vixen” Reeves

Mother

Reynard’s birth was a strategic move for Captain Vixen, like many things are for her. She doesn’t see him often, but she raised him to be absolutely loyal to her. Though she’s found him a slight disappointment, she still prefers to rely on his charm over his more practical brother. She relies on him to keep her home port in good condition, but she’s made it clear that she’ll support him financially only as long as he’s useful to her. He’s struggled to be a good son, but he’s finally come to decision that he can’t avoid, a case of his life or hers.

Edgar Braddock

Father

Reynard’s father lived in Naint before Captain Vixen took it over. It was a poor town then, and Edgar was lucky to have been chosen from among the townspeople as Captain Vixen’s husband. She funneled wealth into the town and the land which Edgar was allowed to live on, and in exchange he kept the townspeople on her side and decided how her money would be spent. Later on, he started getting a bit too bold. Captain Vixen set Reynard up to take over for him, but Edgar refused to be shouldered out and started hating Reynard. Finally Captain Vixen got tired of him and asked Reynard to kill him. When he couldn’t bring himself to do it, she asked Todd instead, and Edgar’s death was passed off as an illness.

Todd Braddock

Younger Brother

Reynard’s younger brother was never the favorite, and most of the duties fell on Reynard. Todd didn’t hold a grudge, and they remained close. All the same, Todd’s always been ambitious, and when he saw the opportunity to surpass Reynard and earn their mother’s approval, he was quick to dispose of their father and take his place. Reynard doesn’t begrudge him it, but the two have grown more distant since then.

Backstory

Captain Vixen fought for the Crown, but chose to fight for the other side when she was offered a vast sum of money. After that, the Crown had it out for her. She was no longer welcome in the more civilized ports. As a wealthy and vain woman, she didn’t find it fit that she should make her home in one of the shabby, tough towns along the coast. She instead funneled her wealth into a single town, Naint, giving it the resources to improve to her satisfaction. In doing this, she also earned their loyalty, which was vital to her remaining uncaptured by the Crown. She bribed the lord to turn a blind eye, and purchased a large estate near the town. She made her home there, but soon wanted to be off again. Wanting to be sure everything would stay in order, she picked out the finest young man in town, Edgar, and offered him the home and a great deal of money to marry her and keep Naint under her control. He agreed, and she would come by once in a while. The Crown did try to capture her there, but Naint adored her and wouldn’t betray her to their ruler. She was also their only source of money - she had made sure to scare off merchants, discourage trade, and cut off cooperation with neighboring towns. Eventually Edgar and Vixen had a son, Reynard. Vixen had little to do with raising him, but wanted him to be a symbol of her ties to Naint, and be more active in the townspeople’s lives to keep them liking her. She had Edgar raise him with the idea that family was important above all else, wanting his complete loyalty. When she came she would teach him the fine art of bribery and weaving silver words. When her second son with Edgar, Todd, was born, she did the same for him, though she was less intent. He was more like an extra child. As Edgar got older, he started doing things without Vixen’s permission, taking liberties. This displeased her, and she immediately made moves to set Reynard up to take over instead. Edgar was furious, and tried to shoulder Reynard out. Vixen had him set up to take over, but Edgar took down that ploy. Furious, Vixen decided to dispose of Edgar. She told Reynard that the position and all of the money were his if he would poison his father. But he couldn’t poison someone who was his family, and Vixen turned to Todd. Todd took care of their father, and they passed his death off as an illness. Even though Edgar had hated Reynard and treated him very badly later in his life, Reynard was sorry he was dead. Todd got the position and the home, but Reynard didn’t begrudge him it. He still lived in the house, and he was still the darling of Naint. That was six years ago. He might have been a while longer now, but this curse has certainly thrown a wrench into his plans.

Other

Thunderbird

Forums > Roleplay > Sign-Ups

Refresh

Copyright ©2013-2024 Go Go Gatsby Designs, LLC    All Rights Reserved
Terms Of Use  |   Privacy Policy   |   DMCA   |   Contact Us