Wolf Play : Snow Born | Sled dog RP | Open!
Chatbox
 Boo
06:43:22 Chrissy
i'm tempted to use a toucan feather on her but i'll blame myself when i get duds. -WP Click-
 Old Money
06:42:34 elegance❀
good morning everyone!
 Gallifrey Falls
06:42:30 Allons-y / Myth
Well*
 Gallifrey Falls
06:41:56 Allons-y / Myth
Wwll decor passes are quite worthless to me lol
 distant-lands
06:38:54 katy | beetle
-WP Click-
i'm so impatient even though she'll probably give me duds e.e

they always do for the first litter, lol.
 Cortex
06:35:14 Tex,Core,Shade,They
Why do I save up my mush and never use it?
 starrywing
06:34:07 Novo/Starry
hello desti
 Cortex
06:34:03 Tex,Core,Shade,They
Hey Desti
 Destinations End
06:33:49 Toliska, Desti, Coy
Hey
 starrywing
06:33:49 Novo/Starry
oh shit
 Cortex
06:33:34 Tex,Core,Shade,They
I have
4,143 mush
 starrywing
06:33:08 Novo/Starry
Mushrooms: 1,241

what the sigma.
 starrywing
06:32:37 Novo/Starry
no thanks-
 Cortex
06:31:38 Tex,Core,Shade,They
Novo, It making me wanna send you Mush I have so much
 starrywing
06:31:15 Novo/Starry
fiddlestick
 starrywing
06:30:57 Novo/Starry
goddammit matunda.
Pack Matunda has sent you 500 Mushrooms
Memo: None
 Cortex
06:30:37 Tex,Core,Shade,They
Okay Novo
 starrywing
06:30:12 Novo/Starry
Novo* 😭
 starrywing
06:29:55 Novo/Starry
core

call me Move.
 Cortex
06:28:27 Tex,Core,Shade,They
starrywing
Lol

Refresh

You must be a registered member for more
than 1 day before you can use our chatbox.
Quests
Alliance Battles
Challenges

Hourly Damage Variances
Spotted Hyena : +3
Red Fox : +1
Crocodile : -2
    Winter   Day  Weather:  Sleet

Forums

→ Wolf Play is a fun game! Sign Up Now!

My Subscriptions
My Bookmarks
My Topics
Latest Topics
Following
Forums > Roleplay > Sign-Ups

Snow Born | Sled dog RP | Open!February 24, 2023 05:41 PM

Shadows Paradox

Darkseeker

Give Award

~ ᗯEᒪᑕOᗰE TO ᗩᒪᗩᔕKᗩ ~

Plot

Your heart pounds and your legs throb as you struggle to push through the thickening blizzard-like snow. You must strain your ears to the faint commands of your musher against the thrum of your teams paws and the jangling of your harness. You keep telling yourself that this is what you've trained your whole life for but you also worry of the worst to come. Blizzards are the teams worst nightmare and come with major setbacks. You push your legs harder than ever, hoping the destination is close by since the blizzard has seemed to swallow you whole. Straining to see only taillengths in front of you, you slam into something hard, knocking the wind out of you. the sled goes spiraling, dragging you in the snow with your harness still attatched. Luckily a branch catches on to you, setting you free of the sled as it slides off a steep cliff. Most of your team made it free, but the musher is nowhere to be seen...

Can you make it back to camp with what's left of your team, without the guidance of your musher? Or will you perish, never to be seen again?

ᔕᒪEᗪ TEᗩᗰ ᖇOᒪEᔕ

Lead Dogs- The lead dogs set the tone for the entire race, they lead the pack, carrying out the musher's commands. A lead dog is the dog that goes first in formation, it must be both smart and fast to have this position. All commands are given verbally so the lead dog must be able to comprehend what the musher is saying, hence the need for intelligence. There can be 2, side by side depending on the number of dogs for the race.

Swing Dogs- The swing dogs follow the lead dogs with their main duty being to follow turns. They "swing" the pack left or right.

Team Dogs- The dogs that actually pull the material and control the speed. They make up the rest of the team, usually 6+ dogs.

Wheel Dogs- The wheel dogs take the full weight of the sled on take-off and when climbing uphill. They also help steer the sled. These dogs are the strongest in the pack and must have good control so as not to get distracted, or overtake the others and not be scared of the sled traveling so closely behind them. Generally, an even-tempered dog is best suited as a wheel dog.

ᗪOG ᗷᖇEEᗪ E᙭ᗩᗰᑭᒪEᔕ

Alaskan Husky- This mixed breed has been specifically developed for their performance as a competition sled dog. Alaskan Huskies are one of the most commonly used dogs in sled racing and are revered for their ability rather than for looks or personalities.

Alaskan Malamute- The Alaskan Malamute is a large, muscular, and immensely strong dog that us quite literally bred to be a sled dog and one of the oldest of the Arctic sled dog breeds. On the ice, Malamutes have long been revered for their strength, and while not the fastest of breeds, they have made a name for themselves hauling heavy sleds.

Greenland Dog- The Greenland dog is another extremely old breed that shares an ancient origin with the Canadian Eskimo Dog. These large, heavy, and powerful dogs have been a staple of Arctic sledding for centuries and are revered more for their endurance and strength than their speed over snow and ice.

Sakhalin Husky- (This is a breed I'd like to add in for a little recognition). The Sakhalin Husky is a Russian sled dog that is now practically extinct. As of 2015, there were only 7 remaining Sakhalin Huskies known to exist. These Huskies were used by the Red Army as a sled and pack dog for a short while during WWII. These dogs tend to be loyal, affectionate, and very entergetic.

Scandinavian Hound- The Scandinavian Hound is a modern hybrid that is the result of mixing a Germain Shorthaired Pointer with an Alaskan Husky. The resulting breed is used extensively in Scandinavia in sled racing. While these dogs take longer to train and develop, the breed has had considerable success.

Edited at February 24, 2023 05:54 PM by Shadows Paradox
Snow Born | Sled dog RP | Open!February 24, 2023 05:42 PM

Shadows Paradox

Darkseeker

Give Award
ᖇᑌᒪEᔕ
- Follow all of Eve's rules.
- Follow all WP guidelines to what you can/can't say.
- Keep it PG-13, cussing is allowed but don't over-do it.
- No 'perfect' characters allowed
- Keep it realistic, no pink fur, jewelry [etc].
- Also for realistic purposes, no LGBTQ+
- Be respectful, hate the character not the player.
- Put your favorite dog breed in 'other'.
- Must be on at least once daily for a reply so we keep the RP going. I will be strict on this, 2 warnings and you're out.
- If you can't be on once daily to respond please feel free to pm me, I understand we all have lives.
- This is semi-literate to literate. I'm not asking for any examples from you, I only ask that you reply with 5+ sentences.
- Please, have good grammer, this shouldn't be hard to read.
- I will allow pictures [properly credited] BUT you still need to write everything out for your appearance.
- You may choose whichever dog breed you like as long as it's a sled dog, if you're not sure, refer to the examples above.
◊ Don't worry about having a perfect signup sheet. If something is wrong/needs to be added I will let you know!

ᔕIGᑎᑌᑭᔕ
- Reservations last 24 hours -
You will be warned once but if you don't respond it will be automatically removed. You are allowed one renewal.
- Pack name:
- Pack #:

- Name:
- Breed:
- Role:
- Personality: (descriptive, 5+ sentences)
- Appearance: (descriptive, 5+ sentences)
- Strengths:
- Weaknesses:
- Kin: (optional)
- Mate: (optional)
- Other:

Edited at February 25, 2023 03:37 PM by Shadows Paradox
Snow Born | Sled dog RP | Open!February 24, 2023 05:50 PM

Shadows Paradox

Darkseeker

Give Award
ᗩᐯᗩIᒪᗩᗷᒪE ᖇOᒪEᔕ

Lead Dogs 2/2
Reserved | Shadows Paradox | pg.1
Reserved | Not Debbie | pg.1

Swing Dogs 0/2
Name | Breed | Pack
Name | Breed | Pack

Team Dogs 0/4
Name | Breed | Pack
Name | Breed | Pack
Name | Breed | Pack
Name | Breed | Pack

Wheel Dogs 0/2
I will add more if needed.
Name | Breed | Pack
Name | Breed | Pack

You may now post!

Edited at February 25, 2023 04:20 PM by Shadows Paradox
Snow Born | Sled dog RP | Open!February 24, 2023 05:53 PM

Shadows Paradox

Darkseeker

Give Award
ᒪIᑎKᔕ

Signups: You're here!

Discussion: Coming soon

Thread: Coming soon

Snow Born | Sled dog RP | Open!February 24, 2023 05:55 PM

Shadows Paradox

Darkseeker

Give Award
- Reserving Lead Dog position -

This is a character form from my stash so it may have extra information. Please disregard ^^

Name:
Nala
[Naa-luh]
Nickname: She typically only goes by Nala

Sexuality:
Straight, for realistic purposes

Species:
Sakhalin Husky

Role
:

Lead Dog

Appearance:
Nala, being a Sakhalin Husky sled dog, stands slighty taller and weighs slightly more than most other huskies. She stands a proud twenty-three inches at the shoulder and weighs a solid seventy-one and a half pounds. Nala sports beautiful big eyes colored of ice blue with a deep black pupil. Her head is average in size with large white ears pointing to the sky, lined in black. She's got quite the sniffer on her too, a big, shiny black nose. Her face is lined with white mixed in with shades of brown and hints of black, picture it like a mask on a raccoon. Two black stripes follow up along her nose between her eyes, making the top of her head and the back of her ears black.
-
Below her head reveals a puffy white chest of fur with mixes of beige and browns. Continuing on down shows her lean, muscular legs earned from pulling sleds for nearly two years now. Nala is a force, weighing in just below seventy-five pounds, you can even see her muscles rippling all along her back and coursing through her flanks. Most of her body is dappled in a unique pattern, as if an artist splattered colors throughout her, or simply a calico cat in dog form, if you will. Lastly, we reach the tail. She's got quite a long tail, if it weren't for the husky in her and it laid straight, it would likely drag in the snow. Though long, it's really quite skinny if you didn't take into consideration how thick the fur is. Her tail is mostly white and black with hints of beige to match the rest of her body.

Personality:
Adaptability || Adventurous || Confident || Optimistic || Trustworthy || Risk-taking
-
Nala's quite the sled dog. She's spent nearly her whole life training and the rest pulling sleds, pushing herself to become the best of the best. Her sledding years have conditioned her to grow quite a hard shell, being put through some difficult situations to say the least. Though these tough situations, she has learned to be adaptive. Living in Alaska with endless hours of training hasn't been the easiest task so learning to become adaptive is one of the greatest character traits she's developed to help her navigate through life.
-
Pulling a sled year-round sounds like a lot of work and no play, but Nala has learned to be optimistic and find the brighter side of things, making her quite an adventurous dog.
Backstory:
Affiliations:

Edited at February 25, 2023 03:42 PM by Shadows Paradox
Snow Born | Sled dog RP | Open!February 25, 2023 03:34 PM

Not Debbie

Darkseeker

Give Award
Reserve lead dog?
Snow Born | Sled dog RP | Open!February 25, 2023 03:37 PM

Shadows Paradox

Darkseeker

Give Award

Not Debbie said:
Reserve lead dog?

Reserved! This will expire within 24 hours and can be renewed once.
Snow Born | Sled dog RP | Open!February 25, 2023 04:05 PM

Not Debbie

Darkseeker

Give Award
- Pack name:
Not Debbie
- Pack #:

- Name:
Gunner
- Breed:
Alaskan Husky
- Role:
Lead Dog
- Personality: (descriptive, 5+ sentences)
(Jokester, Charming, Protective, Competitive, Energetic, Stubborn, Brave, Loyal, Mood lifter)
Why worry about something? Just make jokes to lighten the mood, make everyone feel a little better! Take there mind off of the things that are happening. Gunner knew the world isn't perfect, but when things go wrong you just gotta make the best of it. I mean, we all die eventually right? Even if things did get to that point where the pack is destined for death, Gunner definitely risk his life if it meant saving someone from his pack. But, that would never happen! I mean what are the chances of us facing mortal danger?

Competition, heck yeah! Who doesn't like showing off there abilities? The thrill! The excitement! The tension! Oh yes, Gunner loved and nice competition. Running and getting dirty, that was the life for him. Though sometimes he refuses to listen to his musher, and that caused some minor accidents, but that was the past! We are over that now right? Haha, yes Gunner could be stubborn at times, but who can blame him? You gotta be brave and take risks, because everyone dies eventually.
- Appearance: (descriptive, 5+ sentences)

Credits:CLICK
Gunner has a skinnier build with a more skruffy look to him. He has long, muscular legs that are built for speed and agility. His body is not meant for brute strength, but he can sure run. Speed and distance is what Gunner can do!
His fur is definitely a lot darker then the normal husky type fur, he is mostly dark brown and with some light brown linings until it gets to a white splotch. Gunner's eyes are a warm, golden brown with specks of gold in them, and he has sharp, pointed ears. A shiny black nose rests in the middle of his face, like a black olive.
As most know, huskies are made for the cold, but Gunner has thinner fur than most of the other sled dogs have. Due to his fur length he has a harder time handling the cold.
Gunner has a thick, strong tail that does not curl at the end, as his musher would say it was thick as a board.
- Strengths:
Bacon- Never underestimate the power of bacon!
Running- He's fast and agile
- Weaknesses:

Water- He can't swim
Brute Force- Probably will snap like a twig
Hunger- This man can't work without food
Running- Yeaaa
Females- What can I say? Gunner has his ways with the ladies
-Dislikes:
Water- Terrifies him
Cats- Eww
Losing- Grrr
Not having bacon- Makes him sad
Arrogance- Greatly annoys him
-Backstory:
Been in and out of the pound his whole life.
- Other:
German Shepard

Edited at February 25, 2023 06:55 PM by Not Debbie

Forums > Roleplay > Sign-Ups

Refresh

Copyright ©2013-2024 Go Go Gatsby Designs, LLC    All Rights Reserved
Terms Of Use  |   Privacy Policy   |   DMCA   |   Contact Us