05:49:04 Amy/Anpmygdala
Fei
I love the name

Also...guess who just poped up in forest...he just can't stay put it seems XD

Ky
Good luck
 kycantina
05:47:48 ky
My shift is scheduled to end in 15 but I know that's not happening, gonna shut down my laptop in the hopes that it encourages the guests to get out. Send good vibes chat, I've been here for 12 going on 13 hours, goodnight <33
 Feiella
05:47:27 Fei the writer
Amy
-WP Click-
It was this wolf that I decided to name
 Amygdala
05:45:15 Amy/Anpmygdala
Purse
She really is pretty
 Amygdala
05:44:40 Amy/Anpmygdala
Fei
Oh...then we're good...he doesn't seem to walk around too much
 Purgatory
05:44:18 Purge/Purse/Pug
She's so pretty, reminds me of those pumpkin spice drinks my mom likes
-WP Click-
 Feiella
05:44:11 Fei the writer
Amy
It is adult wolf I never named
 Amygdala
05:43:28 Amy/Anpmygdala
Fei
Hopefully the pup won't grow up to stalk wolves in explore as well XD
 Feiella
05:42:40 Fei the writer
Pup 92 stalks Golden Copper because they are protective of their stalkee

damn it
 Amygdala
05:41:06 Amy/Anpmygdala
I entered a battle by accident so i am sticking around for a couple more minutes
 kycantina
05:40:31 ky
Amy, enjoy your sleep, wish that was me lol
 Wolves Of The North
05:40:29 
Okay
 Feiella
05:40:06 Fei the writer
Wolves Of the North
Not if it is from google
 Amygdala
05:39:07 Amy/Anpmygdala
Crook
Yeah...i am going driving tomorrow XD

My poor car will fall apart one day. I did 40.000km in a year and 2 months😅
 Wolves Of The North
05:38:28 
Am I allowed to use this image as my pack avatar?
-Click-
I just looked up "wolf howling at the moon" and liked this image. I'm not sure if I'm allowed to use it on WP though
 Crooked Magic
05:37:58 Crook, She/her
Amy
yeah good game! Anyway you need rest, you should go to sleep.
 Feiella
05:37:41 Fei the writer
new level of inbred lol

Refresh

You must be a registered member for more
than 1 day before you can use our chatbox.
Quests
Alliance Battles
Challenges

Hourly Damage Variances
Wolverine : -4
Vicuna Wolf : +5
Jaguar : 0
    Winter   Night  Weather:  Blizzard  Moon: 

Forums

→ Wolf Play is a fun game! Sign Up Now!

My Subscriptions
My Bookmarks
My Topics
Latest Topics
Following
Forums > Roleplay > Sign-Ups
   1    2 

ancient bonds | dragon-rider rp | open 2/6October 2, 2022 05:34 PM

ataciara

Neutral

Give Award
The elven rider role has opened back up. The dryad rider role is also still unreserved.
I apologize for the radio silence on this thread, I live on the east coast and obviously have been a bit occupied.
ancient bonds | dragon-rider rp | open 2/6September 21, 2022 04:08 PM

ataciara

Neutral

Give Award

"When the day comes that fire rules the sky, the dragon's eye shall reveal all." - Meghir, the dragon king

For centuries, dragons roamed the three countries alongside their non-draconic counterparts. Humans, Elves, and Dryads alike lived throughout the continent of Agros, each having settled their own civilizations. The humans laid their claim over the kingdom of Eskela, ruled by a king and queen whose positions trace back to the founding of the monarchy. The elves settled Flairhiel, ruled by the Great Elder and his council of trusted advisors, all of whom just old enough to remember the last migration of dragons. And lastly, the dryads would settle Ocrye, under the close watch of the Guardians.

Dragons would roam between the three as they pleased, traveling wherever their hearts lead them; none had a problem with it, so long as the dragons remained peaceful. On occasions so rare they could be counted with ease, a dragon would connect their soul with that of a citizen, bonding them together for the rest of their lives. The chosen would then receive abilities similar to that of their dragon, and the hearts of dragon and rider would become one, combining their life forces. Riders would live for centuries alongside their partners, and their presence would be celebrated eagerly by each of the three countries. Feasts were prepared, the finest rooms in the homes of rulers prepared for the riders, festivals were thrown in their honor; and for the dragons, offerings of the kingdom's finest jewels and livestock were made.

However, as time went on, the peace between the kingdoms would dwindle, eventually erupting into a war. Borders closed, and not even the dragon riders were free to come and go as they please; they had to make a series of decisions, coming ultimately to a head when one question in particular was posed to the leader. Who will you fight for?

The riders were divided, for each wanted to protect their own people, but the dragons wanted no part in any war.

Their numbers were dropping, with dragons shot down on sight, for fear that any dragon could be one of the bonded beasts spying for rival countries. Hunters were contacted with one goal: kill the dragons to harvest their scales for the militaries. In an effort to protect their riders and end the dragon hunt, bonded dragons severed their bonds to the riders, stripping them of their abilities and lengthened lifespans. They returned to normal, losing their high status in society; now, they were no more than trained warriors, blessed with magical weapons crafted by elven mages.

This effort, however, was in vain. Meghir, the king of dragons and first in existence, would call to all dragons. His council, consisting of his first subordinates and the ancestors of each modern species, were sent out to gather their underlings. None would stay, no dragon able to resist the call of their king, instinct leaving them unable to disobey and remain in Agros.

Before his departure, Meghir stood atop the tallest tower of the Elder Elf's castle, while the Earth and Shadow dragon circled above those of the other rulers. The Water dragon traveled through the great river, leading the lower dragons far from their homes. From the mouths of each, Meghir's prophecy would echo.

When the day comes that fire rules the sky, the eye of the dragon shall reveal all.

Five centuries have passed since the great migration; many have forgotten the history of dragons, all proof hidden throughout Agros by the leaders of his country after the war ended a hundred years ago. All evidence of the dragon riders has been buried, their watch posts and even their swords lost to time.

However, three children with destined bonds were discovered. Each had a patch of scales on their torso or face, matching those of an existing dragon species; above the neck is also a sign, one that cannot be hidden without magical intervention. Each had the eye of a dragon, while the other was typical for a member of their species, circling this eye are ancient runes that appear to be applied with white paint. Though unknown to them, these are runes familiar to hunters and the Guardians, as well as the Great Elder and his council.

The mark of a dragon rider.

PRESENT DAY; TLDR

To be bonded with a dragon is a feat not many can claim since they pulled away from mankind. It has been practically unheard of for five centuries until suddenly, two infants had been discovered to have marks identical to those in the books on small areas of their bodies. A third, a human, would be discovered more recently.

The children are now 16-18 and have been sent by their villages to discover their bonds, and learn to manage them. Each maintains a single, unique physical trait from their dragon counterpart and will learn to survive and work alongside their bond on their journey back to the capital cities of each country.

Have dragon bonds truly returned to the continent, or have they decided to play a cruel joke on Agros?

Edited at September 24, 2022 09:47 PM by ataciara
ancient bonds | dragon-rider rp | open 2/6September 21, 2022 04:39 PM

ataciara

Neutral

Give Award

The Species of Agros

Humans

Humans are non-magical creatures, with the exception of those chosen by dragons. This species was the least likely to be chosen by the noble creatures, though it is unknown if there is a reason for it or if it was simply poor luck. The number of humans chosen is so low, they can be counted on a single hand.

Males of this kind average at a height of 5 feet and 9 inches, with the ability to be taller or shorter; however, height exceeding 6 feet and 1 inch or lower than 5 feet and 5 inches are extremely uncommon for the humans of Eshal.

Females average at 5 feet and 4 inches, hardly falling below 5 feet even, but women as short as 4 feet and 10 inches have been noted. They rarely exceed 5 feet and 7 inches, but taller is also a low possibility.

Humans, due to the lack of magical abilities, rely primarily on weapons and armor to keep them safe from the dangers of the outside world. A large number of them have been trained in hand-to-hand combat since they were old enough to fight, in case they were to find themselves unarmed.

They have the shortest lifespan, not often living to see an age older than 90; on average, they will reach 80-85 years. The rider character will be between 16 and 18 years old.

Elves

Elves are the shortest of the playable species, but arguably the most powerful back when dragons roamed. The Shadow Dragon granted them the ability to change their appearance at will, though this was very draining and took great discipline and focus; none have mastered this ability since the disappearance of the dragons, and only the Great Elder and his council know it ever existed.

They are pale-skinned with dark, typically brown eyes, though they can range also from charcoal grey to obsidian black. Their ears are elongated and come to a sharp point, with their canine teeth looking more truly canine than those of other species. It is believed this was a gift from Meghir, a gift to the people due to his bond with the Great Elder before the war.

Elves typically live to be between around 1,000 to 1,200 years old, with the Great Elder now being 1,418 due to his elongated lifespan from his bond with Meghir; he is old and frail, and reaching the end of his expected lifespan due to their severed bond. The playable elf character will be 160-180, physically about 16 to 18.

Dryads

Dryads are wood nymphs that live among the mighty trees of the ancient forest of Ocyre. Their ancestors have built a grand city among the branches, and never in their thousands of years post-settlement touched the ground beneath the treetops. They don't know the feeling of grass between their toes, or dirt shifting beneath their feet. They've no clue what exists in the world beyond their tree city, nor do many possess an interest in finding out; they are content where they are, and the knowledge that they are safe from most harm is a comforting thought to many.

Typically, woman average at about 5 feet and 10 inches, however taller has been recorded; the shortest female recorded Dryad was 5 feet and 8 inches. Males average in at 6 feet and 2 inches, with a few standing around 6 feet and 7 inches; the shortest recorded male was 6 feet even. These creatures are large and possess a great deal of muscle, due to the heavy work that comes with maintaining a life in the great oaks.

They are primarily human in appearance, but with long pointed ears like the Elves of Flairhiel. Dryads each have leaves seeming to grow out of their arms and hair, and some have deer-like antlers on the sides of their heads.

Their skin is dark, with eyes any shade of green. In the center of their forehead is a third eye, visible only while opened; this third eye opens only when using the ability granted to them by the Earth Dragon after the Guardians saved his life six thousand years ago.

As for powers, Dryads can see all that is around them for up to a mile and a half by connecting to the nature around them; this power was granted to them by the Earth Dragon alongside their third eye. However, since the great migration newer generations have not quite learned how to do it. To help them in surviving among the trees, they have additional strength (double the natural strength of a healthy human), and agility on par with the elves.

Dryads live the longest of the three species, averaging at about 2,000-2,500 years each. Each of the Guardians are currently between those ages, and the trials to select their successors are drawing near. The rider will be around the same age as the elf; 160-180, appearing 16-18.

Edited at September 22, 2022 05:50 PM by ataciara
ancient bonds | dragon-rider rp | open 2/6September 22, 2022 07:45 PM

ataciara

Neutral

Give Award
The Dragon Species

The Amorus

The Amorus dragon species is on the smaller side, standing at only between 8 to 10 feet tall at their shoulders. They possess a slim, almost feline physique that allows for an increased reaction time and general speed. This is a wingless species, but this does not keep them from taking to the air; a creature of the night, the Amorus dragon can conjure the shadows around them to form wings that allow for temporary flight.

They have only one possible color; all Amorus dragons are a deep, velvety black with silver spotting that takes on an appearance almost identical to the night sky, allowing for perfect camouflage when the moon rises. On their forehead is a large glowing ring, colored identically to the poisonous glow on their tendrils; this, however, is safe to touch. Their eyes are a foggy silver-blue with white pupils, and they can see clearly only in darkness; when in the light, the most they can see is silhouettes.

They have large, bat-like ears with shining, delicate tendrils that allow them to navigate by touch during the day. This species also has a long tail, almost the length of its torso, and drags along the ground behind them, ending with a thick tuft of what appears to be fur. Serving as a last measure of defense rather than an offensive tactic, they have bioluminescent tendrils trailing down their necks; the glowing ends are poisonous and strong enough to kill ten men with a single touch. Riders are advised to never trail their touch any higher than the base of their neck unless they can avoid touching the trail, for the first tendril is located about a foot above that point.

Due to the dragon's association with the darkness, they possess the ability to manipulate the shadows around them, but cannot conjure those which do not exist. They have the ability to become one with the shadows, vanishing from sight alongside whomever they are currently in direct contact with. They are able to communicate telepathically with those around them, for some members of this species lack the ability to communicate verbally; they instead rely on this ability and animalistic noises, many of which are cat-like, with few stereotypically dragon sounds. Instead of fire, this species exhales a thick cloud of smoke, colored similarly to themselves to allow for cover when they escape.

The Amorus dragon is nocturnal, and at a great disadvantage when the sun makes its appearance. They travel slower due to increased caution stemming from their inability to see, and will grow exhausted to the point of danger, fiery tempers making themselves known when the creature has to go without rest. They draw their powers from the moon, and with the exception of the occasional cover of shadows, are powerless during the day and instead rely on their sharp claws, retractable teeth, and powerful tails for defense; the only power still at their disposal is their telepathic abilities.

They are omnivorous, with preferences up to the individual.

The Krelluris

The Krelluris dragon species is one of the largest, standing between 15 and 16 feet at their shoulders. At their sides are two large wings, appearing to be made entirely out of rock and held together by glowing magma, which always seems to be in motion. They have the ability to fly but are slow-moving and graceless due to their size.

Scales on this species range from a deep crimson color to an almost burnt-looking black; they appear to be entirely built out of the rocks from the volcanoes they come home, with the glowing strands holding them together flowing all over their body. Atop their skulls are long, straight horns that come to points sharp like rocks hanging from a cave ceiling, always an ash-grey in color.

This dragon is about as rough to the touch as they appear, with its scales sharing the texture of jagged rocks.

The fire they breathe is rivaled in heat only by the magma deep within the volcanoes in which their eggs hatch and the dragons naturally run at a hotter temperature than all of the other species. They have impressive strength due to their size, with the ability to lift over two tons without straining.

Because the species is built for the climate of the volcanos they call home, they suffer dire consequences when they cross into cold weather. So long as it's hot, even if it isn't quite as hot as they're used to, the dragon is fine. However, once it's cold, they slow down drastically and find it difficult to move, like magma cooling when it settles on the surface. So long as they have a source of heat nearby to keep them warm, they can last longer in these low temperatures; if they cannot be kept warm, they will perish. The species also cannot swim, due to their heavy weight causing them to sink rapidly to the bottom of the water.

The Krelluris is omnivorous and cannot afford to have a particular preference; they are too large to successfully ambush hunt like the majority of dragons and aren't particularly fast to hunt other ways either, so they take what they can get.

This dragon can speak, but due to solitary nature more often resort to guttural grunts, snarls, roars, and body language.

The Enovian

The Enovian species is moderate in height, standing between 10 and 12 feet at their shoulders; their wings are large and feathered like that of a bird, folding much more gracefully at their sides than that of the Krelluris due to slimmer appearance and a generally--obviously--smaller size. They have an appearance that is pleasant on the eyes, with feathers over shockingly thick skin rather than scales. Their colors range from the pristine white of the scabiosa to the dark velvety purple of the queen of the night tulip. Atop their skulls, typically only two shades darker than their feathers, are long horns shaped with a slight spiral.

Their eyes are almost always a bright shade of golden-orange, a fiery color that is often full of emotion, even for the most stoic of dragons. Their eyes display everything, even when their actions and words do not. This species does have the ability to speak, and they do so with crisp diction and near-perfect pronunciation.

They are an herbivorous species and tend to prefer the abundant flavors of the weeping willow trees toward the borders of Ocrye. Older generations still tell younger dragons of the tastes, for deep down many still hold out hope for the return to their ancient homelands.

The Enovian lacks the ability to camouflage well due to their coloration, and are therefore very easy to spot unless aided by another species through providing shelter or another cover. They do, however, have claws strong enough to cut through the strongest of tree barks, a perk they had to develop in order to eat the barks of a few favored trees. They are also strong and possess the strength of fifty humans, and were often used in mining companies all those centuries ago to carry their findings.

They breathe ice rather than fire, and do so at such a high velocity that it can impale anyone in the way with little resistance. Caution is advised, as their aim is not accurate.

Edited at September 24, 2022 10:11 PM by ataciara
ancient bonds | dragon-rider rp | open 2/6September 22, 2022 08:12 PM

ataciara

Neutral

Give Award

Extra Roleplay Information

Trivia

Ancient Bonds takes loose inspiration from the series The Inheritance Cycle. The inspiration is very light, and the roleplay is not fandom based. The only shared ideas besides dragons and riders are the lengthening of their lives, weapons granted to them by elves (their choice of weapon, not just swords like in the books), and the sudden reappearance of dragons.

The dragons are easily centuries old, all hatched either before or soon after the disappearance of their species. The bonds are relatively recent, and the dragons feel the pull a little more strongly currently because they're instinctual creatures & this whole thing is essentially a dormant instinct that hasn't been relevant for a long time, so they naturally know "hey, I need to find what's causing this, but I need to avoid the villages and all that because all the stories say I'll die". They moved to places they would thrive in back on Aseron (the continent dragons moved to).

The Dragon King information in the backstory will be very important later on! They are very hierarchy-based creatures and value the council and King, as without them their species would not exist. Over centuries of breeding and hatching eggs under different conditions, the different species known today have come into existence.

At any mention of the King the three will flinch or otherwise display feelings of guilt or anxiety, as by leaving they directly disobeyed the orders and laws of their King, and have committed treason. Returning to Aseron will get them killed. However, they still deeply respect the King and bow and/or state "His Highness, long may he rule" any time he is mentioned. This likely won't be frequent, but as bits and pieces of lore are gathered along the way, it will come around!

This is a slightly Dungeons and Dragons inspired roleplay, and the actions of your characters drive the story! As they move and events arise where decisions need to be made, it determines how the story progresses and what information/lore they find on the way. The rulers trying to hide the history with dragons will be important here; documents, armor from the war, and scrolls describing abilities the riders and their non-bonded companions can unlock later on will be found along the way.

Roleplay Rules

1. Due to the small group, I would ideally like to see 250 words per post; posts do not have to be written like a published novel (literate/novella literacy), but do need mostly accurate spelling and grammar; this puts the group at a semi-literate level. I'm not picky on this word count, it can absolutely be more or less, it's just an idea! As long as everyone responding can work with it and it contributes to the story so things can move on, it's alright! I won't ask for roleplay samples because I use the forms as examples of what you can do, but if you'd like to provide one because you aren't confident in your ability to write a bio, absolutely feel free to do so!

2 .. Characters can and will get injured, ill, or killed; this will never be done without the permission of the player, and these events won't be happening every couple of posts. Only I have the power to create these events, though members are welcome to PM me with requests. It is unlikely any of them will die, but injuries and illnesses may happen. If you have an idea for a subplot, absolutely feel free to DM me and we can work it out! I want everyone to enjoy the group, and I'll do my best to make sure there aren't too many plots or not enough, and they're spread out fairly if there are any that affect particular bonds.

3 .. Please, keep characters within the provided descriptions for their species. Because there are only three dragons, there will be three types available to choose from. These are briefly described above; feel free to DM me if you'd like help or further guidance, but this is purposely left somewhat vague to allow for creative freedom.

4 .. Bonds will be randomly generated, please do not plot them in PMs or create a character specifically to bond with someone; it adds to the theme of fate.

5 .. Please do not join if you cannot stay active; I myself work long hours almost every day of the week, but will still maintain a reasonable activity level (hopefully more), and I would appreciate if members could do the same. I'd ideally like at least a post a week, but as long as you're active in discussion/give a heads up it's a relatively casual group.

6 .. There won't be a secret code, just follow the rules.

7 .. The best timeframe I can give you for this is to imagine medieval times; they'll only have the technology available then, alongside their elemental abilities (riders only). Please keep the characters realistic to this timeframe.

8. The roles you see in the cast list are the only roles available at this time. More may open up in the future as they travel, but it is up to the members if they would be open to it or not. No dragon bonds will form aside from the first three.

9. Reservations last 48 hours and will begin only once a work in progress has been posted.

Edited at September 24, 2022 01:03 PM by ataciara
ancient bonds | dragon-rider rp | open 2/6September 22, 2022 08:23 PM

ataciara

Neutral

Give Award

The Cast

Riders (1/3 open) -- (?) = reserved, can change
Name | Age | Gender | Human | Played by skeleton (?)| Bonded to
Name | Age | Gender | Elf | Played by | Bonded to
Name | Age | Gender | Dryad | Played by | Bonded to

Dragons (0/3 open)
Cheimra | The Voiceless | Female | Amorus | Played by ataciara | Bonded to
Arashi | The Storm Delver | Female | Krelluris | Played by Glacialis| Bonded to
Indrus | The Winter Wind | Male | Enovian | Played by Shadows in the Mist | Bonded to

Edited at October 2, 2022 05:33 PM by ataciara
ancient bonds | dragon-rider rp | open 2/6September 22, 2022 08:30 PM

ataciara

Neutral

Give Award

The Form

Bolded text is for dragons only | Italicized text is for riders only

Name:
Title: (examples: Lord of Fire, The Taker of Life)
Species:
Appearance: (properly credited images you own/have rights to are welcome, a description is required)
Personality: (full description with positives, neutrals and negatives; no lists, please)
Backstory: (doesn't have to be super long, just tell us what made your character who they are! this can be a list divided up by how old they were when it happened)
Location/Description of Scale Patch: (where is it? how big is it? does it have a strange shape?)
Thoughts on Dragons: (do they believe they're chasing after a myth that doesn't exist? are they a huge dragon nerd that reads every scroll available to them [heavily limited]? are they neutral and just in it for the adventure/to benefit themselves? maybe they're a hunter trying to make coin by turning in the dragons?)
Thoughts on Non-dragons:
Relationships in the Group: (can DM to discuss/form in discussion once characters are made and accepted)

Edited at September 24, 2022 10:00 PM by ataciara
ancient bonds | dragon-rider rp | open 2/6September 24, 2022 09:59 PM

ataciara

Neutral

Give Award
CHEIMRA THE VOICELESS
k eyem ruh
. .
[ Gender ]
Female
. .
[ Species ]
Amorus
. .
[ Abilities ]
Cheimra possesses the ability to manipulate the shadows around her, including using them to camouflage herself and those she comes into contact with when she feels threatened. She is one of the dragons of her species that lack the ability to communicate with those around her unless through a mental link; she must be in close proximity to the one she wishes to speak with unless it is her rider once they've bonded enough, and her fellow dragons are no exception; when not able to form a link, she instead uses chirps, clicks and purrs to communicate with the others.
Should shadows be unavailable for camouflage, the dragon is able to produce a thick cloud of black smoke to allow for temporary cover long enough for her companions to escape danger.
. .
[ Appearance ]
(c) red-sinistra on deviantart for both; I own the character shown and can provide proof of purchase
Cheimra stands 9 feet tall at her shoulders, with a long neck adding height when she stands tall. She is slim in stature and possesses the lithe physique of a feline, allowing for graceful movements and speed when traveling. At the end of a long tail, nearly equal in length to her body, if not longer, is a slim plume of hair that drags along the ground behind her when she walks; this is a color similar to that of her scales, which lie flat and smooth and appear almost to be skin.
/ . . /
Her scales take on a color like the velvety blue-black of the night sky, speckled with silver dapples that appear identical to the stars when the moon rises. They appear to glitter when light reflects off of them, adding to the similarities to the night. Smooth to the touch, one could almost assume Cheimra's scales were but a layer of her skin, if not for the faint ridge as your fingers glide from scale to scale.
/ . . /
The dragon's eyes are a milky color, standing out against her dark scales with the help of the seemingly glowing circle between them. They lack the ability to see much more than silhouettes in the daylight but always hold their eerie shine regardless of the amount of light available.
/ . . /
Atop her head in place of horns, trailing down her back toward her shoulders are slim, delicate quills. They are not dangerous or sharp, but do have a bioluminescent poisonous coating to protect her from predators as a last resort while she rests.

. .
Personality:
Cheimra is a quiet dragon of a more reclusive nature; due to her nocturnal habits, she has a tendency to grow quite irritable and go into a protective overdrive when she is awake for long periods during the daylight hours. She hides beneath the wings or larger bodies of the other dragons, or travels within the shadows of their surroundings to limit the sunlight lessening her range of vision; she is not one to ask for permission to do this, and will instead give a quite cat-like hiss or purr to announce her presence to whomever she decides is worthy shade in the moment. When not reliant on another for protection from the sun and the ability to use her natural defenses, Cheimra has a preference to spend time on her own. She is quick to volunteer herself and/or her bonded for the nightly patrols, conjuring wings and taking to the air with or without her rider.
/ . . /
As for loyalty, Cheimra's is not ot be called into question. She would risk her life if it came down to it to protect her bonded, and though she would never tell them this does extend to their companions as well. If her partner likes you, she will as well. She shows her affections through providing for another, and will happily use her smaller stature to benefit the group through hunting, or using her dark scales to scout ahead for safe resting places when night falls over the land.
/ . . /
Not one to complain but certainly one to make her grievances known, Cheimra exhales smoke in the direction of whomever inconveniences or otherwise irritated her. She will never verbalize any ill feelings unless pushed to the limits of her patience, and instead casts sharp looks or releases hefty sighs until the hint is taken.
/ . . /
Cheimra is a maternal figure, having hatched several eggs of her own and seen dozens of hatchlings reach adulthood in her centuries of life. She is happy to take anyone under her wing, both literally and figuratively, and does all that she can to ensure those under her protection are well cared for. Those she considers to be her own are protected most fiercely, with the dragoness laying her own life on the line without a second's hesitation at the first sign of danger. She attacks with the ferocity of a new bear mother, with the determination of a lioness and the cunning of a fox. An intelligent species, Cheimra has learned how to use her small size to her advantage when faced with aggressors.
. .
Backstory:
Cheimra was born as every other Amorus; a single egg laid in a gloomy cave, with the moon filtering in through a large hole in the ceiling--dug out by her parents for ideal hatching conditions--so that she could absorb the moon's powers as she broke through her egg's protective casing. She was quick to learn and develop under the watchful eye of her mother and father, finding a particular enjoyment in the fish they would bring from the river beneath their den of choice.
/ . . /
She and her family were among the dragons to flee when Cheimra had a grasp on her ability to conjure wings, and the trio would travel by nightfall, hiding among the darkest of shadows during the day to rest in preparation for the next flight, taking turns in watching over the other two dragons. She would lose her father along the way as they flew over Eshal, the two females remaining near the place of his death for a time in mourning. While not traditionally pack animals, the Amorus species does bond for a lifetime, and will never take on a second partner following the passing of their first, and so Cheimra's mother had taken his death particularly hard.
/ . . /
They continued the journey after three nights had passed, the skin of the male Amorus long since taken to be made into armor for the Dryad armies.
/ . . /
Centuries would pass with Cheimra growing and developing as any young dragon of her species would in their new home. She would reach adulthood and leave her mother after learning all there was to learn in her care, claiming her own cave system and small hunting ground in a small section of her mother's territory. Here she would raise her own hatchlings, bonding closely with a male Amorus known in hunters' fireside stories as Gentleheart, as he was never known to take lives, instead assisting the captured dragon when able and fleeing.
/ . . /
Unfortunately, their partnership would not see the life of a new clutch; during the most recent Amorus pairing season, he traveled too far from the safety of their caves in search of material to line their nest. He fell to the claws of another Amorus male, mistaken for another potential suitor to another female because he crossed into her territory instead.
/ . . /
She still grieves the loss of Gentleheart, but the insistent pull of her bond lured her well away from his resting place. She has little to no memory of the lands of Agros, having fled when she was only only just learning to control her abilities and fly. Now having returned to the lands due to the calling of her newfound bond, she remains inside a forest bearing a river and cave systems for her to eat and stay hidden, though each night she remains awake and patrols the forest to discover new places she'd yet to explore, and see if her bonded has come for her; after all, she can no longer fly freely over the countries in search of them.
/ . . /
Despite the ideal conditions of her new temporary home, anxiety keeps Cheimra up each night. She is fully aware of her treason in returning to Agros, dread of her pending death if she returns to Aseron due to a change of heart lingering in her belly. She will never again explore the abandoned territory in which she raised new generations, or the burial site of her beloved, and this fact occupies her thoughts constantly. Each night she prays Meghir has not yet noticed her absence and made the patrolling dragons aware, but she knows the unoccupied territory and her direction of flight in the middle of the night has likely reached the council already. With no life waiting for her back on Aseron, she hopes to find her bonded soon and live peacefully at their side.
. .
Thoughts on Non-Dragons:
After watching the fall of her father all those centuries ago to the weapons of the Dryads, Cheimra feels a sense of anxiety when around any humanoid creature. Those she encountered on her journey into the forests of Agros to her current hiding spot were asleep or entirely unaware of her presence, and she's yet to interact with any in a way beyond the occasional, curious sniff as she passed by campers.
She cannot remember any negative interaction with Elves or with humans, but she is wary of them nonetheless. She is curious, almost too curious, and eager to learn about these strange creatures, but she intends to do so at a distance, even with her own bonded until she grows comfortable with them.
. .
Relationships:
will edit as characters are accepted and relationships discussed

Edited at September 25, 2022 05:01 PM by ataciara
ancient bonds | dragon-rider rp | open 2/6September 24, 2022 11:17 PM

Shadows in the Mist

Neutral

Give Award

Indrus

ihn-druhs

The Winter Wind

Species: Enovian

Abilities: Indrus can breathe a cone of cold in two variations: a large, dense cloud that slows creatures caught in its radius, or a more powerful version that creates solid crystal spikes over a smaller radius. Indrus isn't particularly accurate with either, and while the larger cloud is more likely to harm enemies, it can also hurt allies caught in its path.

Appearance: Indrus is small for his species, and only stands ten feet at the shoulder. However he is no less muscled than any other Enovian dragon, and has a strength that one would expect from a dragon twice his size. His body is on the longer, more sinuous side, with rounded overlapping feathers and a tail that makes up nearly half his length. The tail tapers to a point topped with a white fan of feathers and is prehensile, though not capable of delicate motions. Indrus has a beak-like snout that covers all of his teeth when closed, and his nostrils rest just above this snout. His feathers are darkest near the base of his spine and on his belly, where they have a delphinium hue. The middle feathers range from cornflower blue at the darkest to the color of morning glories at the lightest. Indrus's most eye-catching feature is his gigantic wings. These enormous wings mean that Indrus is fast and agile in the air, but much less maneuverable on the ground. The shape of his wings is falcon-like, with a straight back edge and a slightly kinked front edge. His wing feathers are the color of blue poppies at the front edge, but fade to soft eggshell white on the back edge. On the crown of his head Indrus bears a pair of spiraling horns that are about three feet each in length and a glossy indigo in color. His long, slightly curled claws are roughly the same color. He has two small ear holes below these horns. While he can swim, Indrus prefers not to as it is a very slow and energy intensive mode of travel for him. Finally, his eyes are a bright marigold with slitted pupils and a perfectly round shape.

Personality: Indrus is an independent creature, and spends most of his time soaring through the skies above the mountains he calls home. He loves racing, whether it be with fellow flying creatures or the herds of caribou and other animals that he sees on the ground. Indrus is also extraordinarily vain, and spends hours of each day preening and admiring himself in the glacial ice and placid streams. Despite this concern for his appearance, he is a hardy creature that will fly for hours in pursuit of his goals. While a glance at his long claws and powerful limbs might suggest that Indrus is a strong combatant, in reality he would nearly always rather flee than fight. He has a very meek demeanor, hating conflict of any kind and prone to simply flying off at any hint of aggression. Usually he is a dragon of few words, but if he is among creatures he trusts then he will open up to them and chat about anything and everything that catches his interest. He especially loves listening to stories, and will act out classic dragon folktales when he is in a playful mood and in company he trusts. Indrus shows affection by giving gifts, and to that end is very perceptive of the preferences of those around him. Lastly, Indrus is terrified of small spaces and outright refuses to go anywhere that doesn't have a visible and accessible exit.

Backstory: Enovian dragons are solitary as a species, and come together only to mate, with the females taking all responsibility for caring for the eggs and hatchlings. Females generally only lay 1-2 eggs, and both hatchlings rarely survive to adolescence, at which point the mother cuts off all contact with them, and is hostile if they try to find her again. Therefore the only dragon Indrus ever knew well was his mother, and only for as long as it took to teach him how to survive by himself. Indrus learned everything he knows about non-humans and Agros from his mother. He was born a century or so after the dragon exodus from Agros, and was perfectly content to follow King Meghir’s directive to never return there. That is, until he felt the pull of his bond. While he has coupled with a few females over his lifetime and presumably sired several children, Indrus had no close family or friends to miss him when he left his territory in Aseron to journey to the highest mountain in Ocrye, a place his mother mentioned frequently as a favorite nesting site with a wide variety of vegetation to eat during the bedtime stories Indrus had demanded from her while he was a hatchling. He has enjoyed the novelty of new foods and new sights, even if he is nervous about disobeying his king and possibly being killed by dragon hunters.

He gained his epithet of "The Winter Wind" from the humans he happened upon during his journey into Ocrye, as encounters with him invariably ended in Indrus blasting them with his dense cloud breath and flying away faster than a falcon's dive.

Thoughts on non-dragons: In his mother’s tales, non-humans took many roles. Friend, thief, hunter, and supplicant, non-humans occupy a near-mythical role in Indrus’s mind. He bears the most goodwill towards the Dryads, as they have a long and mostly amicable history with dragons of his species. Indrus is fairly neutral towards humans, and finally is slightly more nervous around elves than any other type of non-human. His mother had recently hatched two younglings when King Meghir ordered the dragons to leave Agros, and both were killed by elves when the little family crossed through Flairhiel on their way to Aseron. Indrus’s mother hated elves from that day forward, and they have featured prominently in many of Indrus’s nightmares.

Edited at September 24, 2022 11:28 PM by Shadows in the Mist
ancient bonds | dragon-rider rp | open 2/6September 24, 2022 11:38 PM

the Wayne pack

Lightbringer

Give Award
Eh, what the heck, reserve the human?

Forums > Roleplay > Sign-Ups
   1    2 

Refresh

Copyright ©2013-2024 Go Go Gatsby Designs, LLC    All Rights Reserved
Terms Of Use  |   Privacy Policy   |   DMCA   |   Contact Us