Wolf Play : A Different Age | Apocalyptic Dog RP | WIP, DNP
Chatbox
 distant-lands
07:28:26 katy | beetle
Graves,
ah, that's why i've only been getting duds today. you're stealing all the luck xD

congrats!
 worms
07:27:43 starboy ☆
Floor
Thanks
 Night Shade
07:26:34 Graves | Chaos
Hehe hoohoo

-WP Click-
 distant-lands
07:26:05 katy | beetle
Ollie,
i'm glad! i like to put more unique prompts so that it keeps the game fun ^^
and i feel that lol, i keep trying to snag the fun ones but i usually miss them
 Faulty Demons
07:24:34 Ollie, Gold
katy
I had a lot of fun with it lol
I was actually very heavily stalking the forum to try to get a spot lol
 Forest Dwelling
07:23:19 Floor
@worms

You're free to rant to me if you'd like. ^^
 distant-lands
07:22:51 katy | beetle
Ollie,
i hadn't even seen it until you posted it in chat! you executed my prompt so well :D
 worms
07:22:19 starboy ☆
Is anyone free to rant to?
Just got a lot on my chest right now :/
 Faulty Demons
07:21:26 Ollie, Gold
Katy
I'm glad you like it, it it yours after all ;)
 Forest Dwelling
07:19:46 Floor
@Transcendence

Ohh I didn't see that thread when making mine, but mine is moreso based off of another game challenge rather than it being complete pack realism. Otherwise, rules would be much more strict lol. Also, that gave me a mini heart attack that I might've copied someone else's thread by accident-
 distant-lands
07:19:37 katy | beetle
Ollie,
:0
that is amazing!!
 Faulty Demons
07:17:29 Ollie, Gold
Thoughts? :)
-Click-
 Dawnforest
07:15:39 Dawn
-WP Click-
 Transcendence
07:15:22 free palestine
-WP Click- heres the realistic wp challenge too i think
 distant-lands
07:15:08 katy | beetle
Floor,
thank you ^^
 Night Shade
07:10:36 Graves | Chaos
I just-

*Labor Alert* Wolf ✦➤ Hershey gave birth! Congrats!
Bonus! Your she-wolf had Twins!
 Forest Dwelling
07:10:11 Floor
@katy

That looks so good! Such soft colors!
 Night Shade
07:09:32 Graves | Chaos
*Labor Alert* Wolf 𖹭 BabyGirl gave birth! Congrats!
Oh My! Your she-wolf had Triplets!

distant-lands
07:08:29 katy | beetle
-Click-
i love the colors on this one *^*

might have to do a few more of my OC's in this YCH i made..
 Forest Dwelling
06:58:43 Floor
@Transcendence

That's neat! Well I'm glad to introduce it to more people since I think it's a neat challenge myself!

Refresh

You must be a registered member for more
than 1 day before you can use our chatbox.
Quests
Alliance Battles
Challenges

Hourly Damage Variances
Crocodile : -5
Alligator : -4
Black Bear : -1
    Winter   Night  Weather:  Blizzard  Moon: 

Forums

→ Wolf Play is a fun game! Sign Up Now!

My Subscriptions
My Bookmarks
My Topics
Latest Topics
Following
Forums > Roleplay > Sign-Ups

A Different Age | Apocalyptic Dog RP | WIP, DNPAugust 31, 2022 07:12 PM

queen.

Neutral

Give Award
DO NOT POST HERE. THIS RP IS CURRENTLY A WIP.

_____ A Different Age _____

Apocalyptic - Dogs - Literate - Long-term

"We're doing the best we can! If you haven't noticed, the world's a bit fucked up right now."

Links
Sign-ups: You're here!
Discussion: TBA
Thread: TBA

TOC
Post 1 - Links/TOC (You're here!)
Post 2 - Introduction/Plot
Post 3 - World (Location, Time, Virus)
Post 4 - Roles Explained
Post 5 - Masterlist
Post 6 - RP Rules/Group Rules
Post 7 - Character Sheet

lil note: thank you to los campesinos! for the idea of a nuclear winter + some ideas on the virus :)

Edited at August 31, 2022 07:21 PM by queen.
A Different Age | Apocalyptic Dog RP | WIP, DNPAugust 31, 2022 07:15 PM

queen.

Neutral

Give Award
Introduction

The year is 2022. Life as we know it is about to change. Due to rising conflicts between the countries, there was a sudden outbreak in violence. Nuclear weapons quickly became involved, and without warning, many places were bombed. At first, it was simple destruction to important building's and peoples' homes, others having to evacuate as quickly as possible to prevent themselves from becoming a victim. Over time, though, the nuclear bombs became more and more powerful, and in December of 2022, a nuclear winter came.

Smoke has effectively blocked out sunlight, below-freezing temperatures engulfing the entire world. There are killing frosts, radiation, and most of the world's vegetation and animal life has been destroyed. Another thing that was rather unexpected was not only have all the humans died out due to the very high radiation, was a virus. This virus is dangerous, changing whomever is infected in an instant. The world is no longer a safe place.

It's a different age.

Plot

This RP will follow a group of dogs who have managed to survive the radiation and can endure the freezing temperatures. Their only purpose is to hopefully survive. The year is 2024, two years after the world first went to shit. These dogs will endure heartbreak, bloodshed, sadness, and perhaps happiness if the world let's them.

Very character-driven.

Edited at September 2, 2022 03:55 PM by queen.

queen.

Neutral

Give Award
World

The RP will take place in a former New York City. Obviously, there are no humans left, and the city was left behind. Most of it is in shambles one way or another. Tempratures are below freezing, barely ever moving. They drop even colder in the night. The sun is barely visible due to the amount of lingering smoke still in the atmosphere, though it isn't thick enough to make it fully dark during the day.

Time

The year is roughly 2024. While dogs cannot keep track of time, they still understands seasons, so they can at least count the year. That being said, it's not as convienient considering the world is in an ever-lasting winter.

Virus

-Close to rabies
-Close to CWD
-Quick to spread
-Spreads through saliva/bites/scratches
-Turn within 1-2 hours of being exposed

Infected

-Quick-moving
-Most dangerous in groups
-Highly intelligent
-Mainly nocturnal
-Idle during the day
-Light hurts them
-The way to kill them without getting infected is unknown, as biting them in their throat, for example, would get you exposed because of their blood getting into your mouth

Immunity

Those being immune to the virus has not yet been discovered. Even if there was someone who was immune, the dogs wouldn't be sure what to do with it. That being said, someone being immune wouldn't be that big of a deal. It's a bigger deal if someone returns to camp and is infected as the virus can jump rather quickly.

Edited at September 3, 2022 01:55 PM by queen.

queen.

Neutral

Give Award
Roles Explained

The dogs have constructed their own way of running a 'pack'. While most things are based off of dominance, some dogs have worked hard to get to where they are within the group. Most of the time, this hierarchy is based off how long a dog has been in the group, their dominance, and their skills.

Group Ranks

High Ranks

Overlord
The Overlord rules the entire pack and is considerably respected within it. His word is law, supported by his Lady. He is the only male within the pack who can reduce pups without permission, and most pups will be sired by him. He has the ultimate power and say in anything, each decision for the pack made by him. His authority is not to be questioned, though during the Spring, this rank can be challenged for. Normally, the Overlord will be assigning ranks, jobs, questioning loners, and enforcing all of his rules. Most of the time, you can find him busy doing these things. He is to be referred to as the Lord.

His Lady
The Lady is the Overlord's mate, though the two do not have to reproduce together. She holds the highest authority over all other females (and males - mainly females), and is enforcing the Lord's rules and what he says. She may replace him in his absence, though very rarely would a female lead alone. She is quite powerful, in all honesty. While she isn't the most high ranking, she is normally the brains of the pack. Making new rules, deciding who goes where, etc, though everything is still run past the Overlord. This rank isn't normally challenged for because the Overlord will choose her, but it can still be challenged. She is also the only female who can bare pups without permission.

Favored Female
The favored female is chosen by the Lady. She has more authority over the favored male has she does more. Her job is to always ensure the safety of both leaders, arrange hunting parties, and enforce rules. In a way, she is the second-in-command but is also used for breeding by the Overlord if he wanted to. That being said, because this female is chosen by the Lady, the Lady can decline the Overlord and the favored female breeding. Anyways, she's sorta a planner and helps the Lady make choices if needed and answers to whatever other job she may be assigned to. This rank cannot be challenged for.

Favored Male
The favored male is chosen by the Overlord. Him and the Lady do not breed at all, though he is known to be a protector. While protecting both leaders, he is also well known for being quite observant. He's like a messenger in a way, delivering personal word from the Overlord/Lady to certain dogs within the pack. He holds a lower power compared to the Favored Female because he simply does less. That being said, he can still do the same things that the female does but it isn't common.

Second-in-command
The second-in-command is just as it sounds. They help enforce all rules and are mainly the ones giving orders that the Leads may had given them (for example, they can choose a hunting party after giving the order to do so). They are highly trusted by the Overlord and His Lady, and are normally selected by them though it is possible to challenge this rank. Most of the time, it's quite rare for this to happen. Anyway, if they have the time, they will supervise most hunts/scouting patrols and simply ensure the pack is running smoothly. They also report back to the Overlord and His Lady if anything seems out of place.

Second's Favored
The Second's Favored is sort of like an assistant. They are hand-chosen by the Second, therefore it cannot be challeneged for. It is possible that the two are mates, though they don't have to be. Anyway, the Favored will do certain things for the Second-in-command whenever they may be busy. They also help enforce rules. Otherwise, they become the next Second-in-command, with the leader's approval. Again, this rank cannot be challenged for.

Middle Ranks

Sentinel
To start off the middle ranks, the Sentinel is a trusted dog who is normally leading hunting parties and possible scouting patrols. They are skilled in hunting, tracking, and will even be on the battlefield leading a group of warriors as well if need-be. They are fluent in most tasks and may be assigned with the Seconds in regards to leading/supervising hunting parties. In most cases, they are mostly trained in hunting and fighting rather than tracking. This rank cannot be challenged for because you must earn it.

Tracer

Warrior

Hunter

Mother

Pups

Juveniles

Lowest of the Low Ranks

Newcomers

Unmentioned

Outside Ranks

Loners

Unforgiven

Edited at September 5, 2022 12:24 PM by queen.
A Different Age | Apocalyptic Dog RP | WIP, DNPAugust 31, 2022 07:16 PM

queen.

Neutral

Give Award
Masterlist

Overlord (0/1)

His Lady (1/1)
-res by Spellbound

Favored Male (0/1)

Favored Female (1/1)
-res by South Park

Second-in-command (1/1)
-res. by Mother

Second's Favored (0/1)

Sentinels (1/2)
-res. by Yukolai

Tracers (0/2)

Warriors (0/??)

Hunters (0/??)

Mothers (0/3)

Pups (1/??)
-res by Dawnforest

Juveniles (0/3)

Newcomers (0/4)

Unmentioned (0/4)

Loners (1/3)
-res by queen.

Unforgiven (0/3)

Edited at September 5, 2022 12:27 PM by queen.

queen.

Neutral

Give Award
RP Rules

Group Rules

queen.

Neutral

Give Award
Character Sheet

Name
Breed
Rank
Desired Rank
Appearance
Personality
Strengths
Weaknesses
Kin
Mate
Offspring
Crush
Other

You may add on to this, but everything here must be filled out in order to be considered/accepted.

Edited at September 3, 2022 11:07 PM by queen.
A Different Age | Apocalyptic Dog RP | WIP, DNPSeptember 3, 2022 08:11 PM

Dawnforest

Lightbringer

Give Award
(Acidenly clicked post)

Edited at September 3, 2022 08:12 PM by Dawnforest
A Different Age | Apocalyptic Dog RP | WIP, DNPSeptember 5, 2022 11:23 AM

Former Pack

Neutral

Give Award

Edited at September 5, 2022 07:50 PM by Northpass
A Different Age | Apocalyptic Dog RP | WIP, DNPSeptember 5, 2022 11:51 AM