Wolf Play : Prehistoric Pride | Sabertooth RP | Open!
Chatbox
 distant-lands
07:28:26 katy | beetle
Graves,
ah, that's why i've only been getting duds today. you're stealing all the luck xD

congrats!
 worms
07:27:43 starboy ☆
Floor
Thanks
 Night Shade
07:26:34 Graves | Chaos
Hehe hoohoo

-WP Click-
 distant-lands
07:26:05 katy | beetle
Ollie,
i'm glad! i like to put more unique prompts so that it keeps the game fun ^^
and i feel that lol, i keep trying to snag the fun ones but i usually miss them
 Faulty Demons
07:24:34 Ollie, Gold
katy
I had a lot of fun with it lol
I was actually very heavily stalking the forum to try to get a spot lol
 Forest Dwelling
07:23:19 Floor
@worms

You're free to rant to me if you'd like. ^^
 distant-lands
07:22:51 katy | beetle
Ollie,
i hadn't even seen it until you posted it in chat! you executed my prompt so well :D
 worms
07:22:19 starboy ☆
Is anyone free to rant to?
Just got a lot on my chest right now :/
 Faulty Demons
07:21:26 Ollie, Gold
Katy
I'm glad you like it, it it yours after all ;)
 Forest Dwelling
07:19:46 Floor
@Transcendence

Ohh I didn't see that thread when making mine, but mine is moreso based off of another game challenge rather than it being complete pack realism. Otherwise, rules would be much more strict lol. Also, that gave me a mini heart attack that I might've copied someone else's thread by accident-
 distant-lands
07:19:37 katy | beetle
Ollie,
:0
that is amazing!!
 Faulty Demons
07:17:29 Ollie, Gold
Thoughts? :)
-Click-
 Dawnforest
07:15:39 Dawn
-WP Click-
 Transcendence
07:15:22 free palestine
-WP Click- heres the realistic wp challenge too i think
 distant-lands
07:15:08 katy | beetle
Floor,
thank you ^^
 Night Shade
07:10:36 Graves | Chaos
I just-

*Labor Alert* Wolf ✦➤ Hershey gave birth! Congrats!
Bonus! Your she-wolf had Twins!
 Forest Dwelling
07:10:11 Floor
@katy

That looks so good! Such soft colors!
 Night Shade
07:09:32 Graves | Chaos
*Labor Alert* Wolf 𖹭 BabyGirl gave birth! Congrats!
Oh My! Your she-wolf had Triplets!

distant-lands
07:08:29 katy | beetle
-Click-
i love the colors on this one *^*

might have to do a few more of my OC's in this YCH i made..
 Forest Dwelling
06:58:43 Floor
@Transcendence

That's neat! Well I'm glad to introduce it to more people since I think it's a neat challenge myself!

Refresh

You must be a registered member for more
than 1 day before you can use our chatbox.
Quests
Alliance Battles
Challenges

Hourly Damage Variances
Crocodile : -5
Alligator : -4
Black Bear : -1
    Winter   Night  Weather:  Blizzard  Moon: 

Forums

→ Wolf Play is a fun game! Sign Up Now!

My Subscriptions
My Bookmarks
My Topics
Latest Topics
Following
Forums > Roleplay > Sign-Ups
   1    2 

Prehistoric Pride | Sabertooth RP | Open!August 9, 2022 07:38 AM

Imperial Sands

Darkseeker

Give Award
Prehistoric Pride
A long, long time ago, cats reigned supreme, their might pushing other carnivores out of the area for years. Nothing dared to challenge them, to threaten their claim on their lands. That was, not until the terror birds.

Bigger, faster, more ferociously, and more importantly, in groups, the terror birds migrated into the land. They spread like wildfire, impregnating the lands with their population, numbers swelling as they thrived. The Sabers could do nothing as their supreme reign came to an end, unable to topple such a foe.

With there only being room for one apex predator, the Sabers we're chased from their lands, forced to seek refuge amongst the cavernous walls of a near by canyon. Here they regained their strength, forced to carve out a life like all the carnivores before them who, like them, had been chased out by a superior creature.

Now, despite their ordinarily solitary lives, the big cats realize that the only way to take back their homes is to work together as a group. As they partake in their new found journey, it will become clear that the Terror Birds aren't the only threat to their goal. What could possibly go wrong when a bunch of solitary cats, who are used to being the only ones in charge, are forced to work together?

Much of this is still a WIP. However, I wanted to get it open asap since I work odd hours and I didn't want people to have to wait another 24 hours for me to be completely done.

That being said, because it's a wip I'll understand if there's confusion at times. So please, don't hesitate to ask if there are questions that you have.

Edited at August 9, 2022 07:51 AM by Imperial Sands
Prehistoric Pride | Sabertooth RP | Open!August 9, 2022 07:39 AM

Imperial Sands

Darkseeker

Give Award
The Roleplay Rules
Follow all of WP's and Eve's Rules.
1. Be active. Pretty simple, pretty straight forward. Inactivity = Kicked. For both discussion and rp.
2. No perfect characters, godmodding, etc. It's not tolerated.
3. Be respectful to everyone, if you have an issue take it up with me in Pms.
4. I'd like forms to be finished within 2-3 Days. If I have to remind, or warn someone 3 times to finish their form, or be active, it's an automatic removal from the rp. Obviously if you let me know you'll be off or inactive for a bit, that's different.
5. This is going to probably be a rather violent rp, so I would recommend making two characters. Know they will get injured, and may even die. If you've read everything put your character's eye color in a different font than the rest of the form.
6. You may use OC's with proper credit for this, but a detailed description is the minimum requirment and still needed if you do.
7. For the Purpose of the Rp, all Sabers below the age of 2 will need to have their biological mother. That's correct: not guardian, not adoptive parent, and not father. So basically: No Orphans.
8. Semi-Literacy is the minimum for this rp, and is a must. I expect to see in both Sign Up Forms and in Rp Posts.
9. This rp is Semi-Realistic based. So natural colors for coats, as well as trying to be semi-realistic with behaviors. If you aren't sure ask.
10. Have fun!
Prehistoric Pride | Sabertooth RP | Open!August 9, 2022 07:47 AM

Imperial Sands

Darkseeker

Give Award
Roleplay Information

About the Sabertooth Cats
I would like to start by saying that despite this being semi realistic, it isnt going be necessarily the most accurate.
For example, I will be giving a size range that consists of all known Smilodon species' sizes for more variety.
Another example is there may be other species of animals in the rp that the Smilodon may not have come across or existed as the same time as. This is just to make the rp more interesting for us.

Sabertooth Build
It's important to know that Sabers are not just prehistoric lions. The build of a saber is heavier and more powerful, and more positioned like a jaguar, just much, much larger. They haver shorter back legs that are heavily muscular, with their front legs being only slightly longer, but still heavily muscular. Even smaller sabers are relatively heavy in build, none of them have lean builds meant for running.

All sabers are on the slower side, built for power and strength than anything that has to do with speed. They hunt through ambushes when alone, though this might alter a bit when in groups later. However, you will not see them participating in long chases. Due to this, and the energy it takes to hunt, Sabers tend to prefer bigger game, and pretty much aren't capable of hunting faster smaller game. They also aren't above scavenging for this same reason. Food is food, no matter how it's gotten.

The Size Range
27" - 49"
120 lbs - 960 lbs

Small
27" - 31"
120 lbs - 300 lbs
(0/3)

Medium
32" - 37"
301 lbs - 520 lbs
Unlimited

Large
38" - 44"
521 lbs - 720 lbs
Unlimited

Massive
45" - 49"
721 lbs - 960 lbs
(1/3)

There is Gender Dimorphism between males and females. The former is generally bigger and more robust, and tend to be on the larger side, whereas females tend to be on the smaller side. Obviously there are exceptions and outliers, but they aren't common.
Another difference between the two is the Sabers. Males have longer or more prominent sabers, whereas females have shorter ones. Basically: females and males who are the same size will have different sized sabers.
[I am aware this may not be true for sabers, but I've decided I wanted it for this.]

Life Span
~20 Years

Life Stages
Cub or Juvenile: Birth - 1 Year
Yearling: 1 Year - 2 Years
Sub Adult: 2 Years - 3 Years
Adult: 3 Years - 12 Years
Elder or Senior: 12+ Years

Cubs, Litters, and How to Raise Them
Gestation: 118 - 125 Days
Litter Size: 1-2 Cubs

Females are able to have cubs every year, even with yearlings, as it sometimes helps to have an extra set of paws to raise little cubs. And teaches the youth needed knowledge beyond just hunting. Yearlings are in danger if a male comes around for the female, however, if they are his cubs, he is of no threat to them. If the male isn't the yearlings father, typically their existence is kept hidden from him. Since he will leave the female within 12 hours, it's not hard to. However, if a male does come across them, he might kill them, especially the males. If a female cub is closer to two, her odds of being left alive are better.

However, a female is not required to mate if she does not wish to. Ultimately, it is her decision.

Females tend to fall pregnant during the end of the winter months, and spend the winter and early spring packing on the nutrients. Mid-Spring, sometimes early Summer if it was late enough, the cubs are born. Cubs are pretty much hidden from the world for the first 5 weeks. After that point, as they grow, the cubs will be allowed to venture further and further from the female's "den", until they are old enough to simply follow her everywhere.

Important Things
- Cubs leave their mothers between 2 years and 2.5 Years.
- Their Sabers [the teeth] finish growing at 3 Years Old. but don't start until about 1 year. So cubs do not have the sabers until then.
- Sabers become sexually mature between the ages of 2 and 3, it varies per cat.
- Most cubs are pretty much weaned by 4 months, however, they can continue nursing if hunting is poor until they're a year old. Once they reach that age, they no longer get the nutrition they need, and they'll become malnourished.
- Up until the Terror Birds pushed them into the canyon, there has never been Sabers that have paired together. Just Mothers and their cubs.

Life Before the Terror Birds

Prior to the Terror Birds taking over, the Sabertooth primarily lived solitary lifestyles, only coming together when the time for mating would come around. It's a bit more intricate than that, with much more being woven into them.

It's important to know that Sabers, up until now, are normally extremely territorial.

Typically, large Sabers have large territories, this is especially true for the Large Males of the species. The males with these territories may elect to allow a couple of females to take up territories within his own. This basically allows him to trade protection for breeding rights when the time comes. They aren't social with each other, and, at most, you'd only possible see them at kills together when the male pushes his way onto one, or he allows a female to join him. But that was it, otherwise they live completely separate lives.

Large females can have their own vast territories as well, though they aren't as likely to allow others to reside within them. She may let a few smaller females into her territory, but it's not common. In fact, if she takes over a male's territory that has females within it, she might elect to push them out or even kill them if it comes to it.

Smaller Sabers can have territories on their own too, though they tend to be further away from those of larger males. This is due to the fact that a Male Saber won't hesitate to over thrown the male in a smaller territory to increase his own, whereas a large female typically only gets into fights when it comes to defending her own territory. She will fight like hell for it, but she doesn't go looking to expand her empire like males do.

Both females and males who are without territory, may challenge whomever the please for one. It doesn't matter if it's female challenging male, or vice versa, or if the territory is small. If they do not have a territory, and they want to take over, they can try. On the otherside, they may try to create a territory within one that already exists, though it is risky if the owner rejects them.

Life After the Terror Birds

After the Terror Birds pushed them all out, the Sabers have congregated in the Canyon. They aren't any sort of pride or group, but they have come to terms that there is no "territory" between individuals now. Instead they all live within the same territory that is the canyon and it's immediate surroundings. They still aren't super social with each other, but they learning, and change is on the air.

In the canyon they all occupy caves within it's walls, these caves are the one thing they are still territorial about. Challenges for better caves are not uncommon, however, they rarely are serious and end after brief fights. Serious wounds are rare.

While not super common, it's becoming more accepted for multiple sabers to be at a single kill. Since hunting is harder now that they aren'y in the territories, some sabers have allowed others at their kills so that they don't go hungry. As mentioned, it isn't super common, but it's helping implement the changes that the Sabers will need to go to in order to work together to reclaim their lands.
Prehistoric Pride | Sabertooth RP | Open!August 9, 2022 07:48 AM

Imperial Sands

Darkseeker

Give Award
Biome, Setting, Etc.
Wip
The Terror Birds and Other animals
Prehistoric Pride | Sabertooth RP | Open!August 9, 2022 07:48 AM

Imperial Sands

Darkseeker

Give Award
The Master List

Males:
Bora | 8 Yrs | Imperial Sands | Pg. 1
Eon | 2.5 Yrs | Talen | Pg. 1
Aridam | 5 Yrs | Mother | Pg. 2
Kuruk | 6 Yrs | Warwren | Pg. 2

Females:
Sua | 5 Yrs | Imperial Sands | Pg. 1
Daeva | 5 Years | Mother | Pg. 2

Edited at August 30, 2022 11:26 AM by Imperial Sands
Prehistoric Pride | Sabertooth RP | Open!August 9, 2022 07:49 AM

Imperial Sands

Darkseeker

Give Award
Name:
Thoughts on 'Pride Life'?:
Size: [Small, Medium, Large, Massive]
Appearance: [Detailed Description Minimum]
Personality: [Detailed Description Minimum]
Brief History Prior to the Terror Birds: [Primarily, what was their life like before the birds.]
Crush:
Mate:
Cubs:
Affiliations: [The More Detailed Relationships]
Other:

Edited at August 9, 2022 07:52 AM by Imperial Sands
Prehistoric Pride | Sabertooth RP | Open!August 9, 2022 07:51 AM

Imperial Sands

Darkseeker

Give Award
I will now be accepting reservations, though this thread isn't done.
Prehistoric Pride | Sabertooth RP | Open!August 9, 2022 07:54 AM

Imperial Sands

Darkseeker

Give Award
My Massive Male

Name:
Bora
Meaning "Storm"
TBA
Size:

Massive Boi
Appearance:

This is an OC of Mine that I paid for. Credits for Design and Freeline on the Image. This is not Stock. The image is not an accurate representation of his sabers.

Bora is a male of massive proportions, coming in at just under the maximum size for his species in height at 48". However, the male is exceedingly heavy, with a built figure designed for strength and power. Weighing in at the full 960 lbs, the male is a sight to behold. He has a robust build with heavy muscling along his entire body, most noteably in his shoulders and neck, where powerful muscles connect to his jaws, and on his hind legs which allow him to propel forward to tackle prey down when ambushing. The wide, larger paws he's equipped with aid him in both hunting and fighting, able to give him more purchase for gripping prey, as well as a wider spread when swing the claws in attack.

The male's coat is on the shorter side for the most part, coarse in texture. It's designed in a way to keep the burrs and thorns from puncturing his skin easily. This makes him particularly comfortable hunting in underbrush that is ordinarily rather prickley towards others. However, it's easy to see at a glance there is longer bits to his fur as well, that are longer, thicker, and have a different but similar purpose. Along his neck, especially his neck, is longer fur, as well as along his belly, and down his legs a bit. This fur is designed with the similar goal of protecting him, but rather than protecting him from the brush he lives in, it helps protect him when he's fighting. The fur acts similar to a lions mane, but not nearly as long as one, but holds basically the same purpose. The fur just protects the vitals or softer spots so they aren't as easily damaged. It's not impossible to harm those areas, but it's harder.

Coloring wise, the male has a paler coat with darker markings, coming in as almost some sort of greyscale. His base color is a greyish color with a slight hue of a light, dusty tan. His underbelly color is of a cream color that has a bit of a grey hue to it, so that is melds well with his base color. The markings on the male give him a unique appearance. He has an almost dappling to the base color of his coat, especially seen around his ribs and back. It's faint, but noticable enough once close enough to him. The more striking and obvious markings, though, are seen on his paws, nape, and shoulders. They'are all the same color, a very dark brown-black color that covers all four paws, the back of his neck and the fur there. Bleeding from the back of his neck and down over his shoulders, the color forms into striping, though they fade into the base color about half way down.

The male has a pair of a pale golden eyes, which can appear bleached with the greyish backdrop they sit upon. His sabers are quite long, and if you removed them at the root they would be about 11 inches long, though only about half of that [maximum] is fully visible past his lips. The left saber is slightly chipped at the end, giving it a jagged, sharp point. It isn't sensitive to him, but it works to his advantage when fighthing, since it inflicts less clean wounds, causing more damage. His vocal tones are on the deep end, almost basso but not quite, where his scent is definitely something akin to a midnight desert storm.
Personality:
wip
Aggressive & Territorial
The Type to Always Need to be In Charge
Rather Impatient, Not Very Tolerant of Others
Prefers to be Left Alone, So Not Very Social
Serious, Not the Type to be Humorous or Laugh
Does not enjoy being challenged or doubted
Intelligent but Not a Genius
Not easily impressed by others or easily intimidated
Can be a bit reckless, as he isn't overly cautious
More of a act now, think or question later
The only exception to the above is if his instincts are really screaming
Hates getting wet and swimming, prefers to avoid it
He is experienced to a degree and has some wisdom to offer
Can be adaptabive and able to think on his feet at times, but not as much as others.
He doesn't adore change or like it very much in general. He prefers routine and for things to stay as they are.
Brief History Prior to the Terror Birds:
wip

Crush:
None
Mate:
There isn't a female who specifically has capture his heart.
However, he's bred with several females both recently and in the past.
Cubs:
He definitely will have some out there.
Affiliations:
WIP Open!
Other:
Prehistoric Pride | Sabertooth RP | Open!August 9, 2022 07:55 AM

Imperial Sands

Darkseeker

Give Award
My Medium Female

Name:
Sua
Meaning "Fire"
Wip
Size:
Medium
Appearance:

This is an OC of Mine that I paid for. Credits for Design and Freeline on the Image. This is not Stock.

Sua is a female on the more medium side, though still a decent sized cat, her figure isn't as large and bulky as others. Standing at about 35" tall, the female has a physique that could almost be considered lean for her species. Weighing in at 480 lbs, Sua's body is well muscled, but not as heavy as larger specimens. She's still able to take down large prey, but the risk of much larger prey is higher, but it allows her to killer smaller prey than the massive or the large cats.

Like all Sabers, the female sports a pair of muscular backlegs and powerful shoulders, giving her the strength she needs to ambush prey. Her neck is also thickly muscled, which gives her a tremendous bite force to match. She does have a broad head, but her paws are on the smaller side, not quite as shovel like as the bigger creatures. Though the hooked claws are just as dangerous on her.

The female's coat is short, thick, and coarse, and able to protect her from the nuisances of desert life like thorns, burrs, and snags. It keeps those bothers from being able to penetrate down to her flesh, but it doesn't offer her as much protection for other predators.

Her coloration is a bit more traditional as well, though with unique markings that can help her stand out from others. Her coat is a more red-tan color, with a creamy tan underbelly. There is some dappling among her sides, and dark brown markings all four paws, as well as the nape of her neck and shoulders. The dark brown on her neck is darker, almost black, and turns into stripes as it travels towards the ground, blending into her base color about half way. Going down her back, the dark color stops about half way, so not too far after her shoulders, but it travels up to fade on her forehead too. The female has slightly raspy lower tones for female, a sound that isn't displeasing, but can be a bit off putting to some. Her eyes are a bright amber color, and her scent is something like wildflowers and spice.
Wip
Personality:
tbd
Crush:
None
Mate:
None
Cubs:
Open
Affiliations:
Other:
Prehistoric Pride | Sabertooth RP | Open!August 9, 2022 09:18 AM

Talen

Lightbringer

Give Award
Name:
Eon
Others are only good when you can use them. I'm learning how to do so.
Size:
Medium, lanky
Appearance:
Eon's coat is a deep black colour along most of his body, and like all smilodon his coat is thick against the Pleistocene cold. The animal's paws and throat area are white, the black pattern on his throat contrasting with the white in a smilodon's typical striped pattern. Eon's face and mane are pure black, and his eyes are golden. Eon's sabers are average-sized. It is unknown whether this is simply due to his age, but his legs are long and lanky, surprisingly for an ambush predator. Currently, he stands at 35 inches tall. Eon's ears are relatively large for his size. Eon's frame is relatively lean under his thick fur; even during summer, he has trouble putting on weight. Eon tends to stay at about 310 pounds. While he is not exceptionally strong, he is as agile as he is crafty, swift on his paws and hard to knock over.
Personality:
Eon was clearly shaped by his environment. The smilodon is cautious when in an unproven environment, and he seems painstakingly aware of his youth and inexperience, though he is a quick learner. Eon plans through all of his actions carefully, and will retreat to safety if he does not have the time to do so. The creature is a master of sizing up his opponents, and enjoys using words rather than violence to get his way - though he is not opposed to using violence if pushed.
Eon is not especially friendly towards his species, as he views others as merely tools for his own use. That being said, if he sees a reason to cultivate a bond, he will. Eon isn't aggressive towards others, but is rather quiet until he's decided how the interaction should be handled. The recent incursion of the terror birds will likely lead to a period of growth for the young tom. All other animals are simply food to him. Eon's lean frame and the harshness of the harshness of the Pleistocene wilderness have led to a perpetual gnawing hunger. The main motivator for most of his behaviour is either food or flight.

Eon's life was rather uneventful before the Terror Birds. A mother, two sisters, no knowledge of his father - but for a feline that is hardly unsurprising. At the age of two, he left his family to make his own way in the world, though he had trouble finding a territory of his own.
Crush:
Open
Mate:
A little young for that...
Cubs:
A little young for that...
Affiliations:
Open
Other:
N/A

Edited at August 9, 2022 09:57 AM by Talen

Forums > Roleplay > Sign-Ups