Wolf Play : Of Scales and Flesh | Fantasy/Medieval RP | Open
Chatbox
 Zeraphia
09:23:18 Vah the Ancient One
Y'know those ones with strings on hands like a puppet?

That but the strings are going down instead of up
 BJake
09:22:27 Don't call me BJ.
@Urux
Sure, but what of?? Like what is happening?
 Revelry
09:22:23 Rev
Amor
Hoepefully things will get better for us, or maybe the billionaries could speed up the end of the worl lol
 Urux
09:20:21 Urox
BJake
Angst?
 distant-lands
09:19:33 katy | beetle
-WP Click-
paws? :)
 BJake
09:19:22 Don't call me BJ.
Not cute
 BJake
09:19:15 Don't call me BJ.
YCH Ideas anyone?
(Humanoid or anthro)
 Hallow's Eve
09:17:38 Hallow, Eve
Hey Buggy!
 ZEFHYR
09:16:54 
you are very welcomed
 BuggyOs
09:13:09 Bug-a-boo
Thank you!
 ZEFHYR
09:13:08 
-WP Click-
 BuggyOs
09:12:25 Bug-a-boo
Zefhyr
the show page link just makes sure the url is correct!
 ZEFHYR
09:12:01 
ohhhh ok I am about to test it out so everyone be ready for some paws up. cp to you BuggyO
 Ámor
09:11:28 On haitus
@Rev
Yeah I understand, Im working, + trying to get my car fixed, was doing college, having to support my boyfriend (lives with me after his family kicked him out) all at the same time it was too much
 BuggyOs
09:10:53 Bug-a-boo
Zefhyr
like, the URL in the search bar?
 ZEFHYR
09:10:00 
thank you, BuggyO! I dont know where the link IS...is it the "page link" at the very bottom?
 Revelry
09:09:07 Rev
Amor
I get it. At this point, stressed and barely functional is my normal lol, when I was graduating I had a breackdown and couldnt stop crying because the teacher said something to me
 BuggyOs
09:07:29 Bug-a-boo
Zefhyr
I replied earlier to that! Here, I'll copy it:

zefhyr
Oh! I had to ask that too like last year lol. One you get to the wolve's page, copy the url! Make sure it has all the numbers and everything, otherwise the link will break. Just copy and paste it and when you hit that chat button it should work!
 ZEFHYR
09:06:41 
:(
 Ámor
09:04:52 On haitus
@Rev
my parents were paying for mine, and i was just way to stressed with everything currently happening in my life so i dropped out

Refresh

You must be a registered member for more
than 1 day before you can use our chatbox.
Quests
Alliance Battles
Challenges

Hourly Damage Variances
Bobcat : -5
Arctic Fox : +5
Polar Bear : -3
    Winter   Night  Weather:  Clear  Moon: 

Forums

→ Wolf Play is a fun game! Sign Up Now!

My Subscriptions
My Bookmarks
My Topics
Latest Topics
Following
Forums > Roleplay > Sign-Ups

Of Scales and Flesh | Fantasy/Medieval RP | OpenJuly 28, 2022 04:28 PM

Cereal

Darkseeker

Give Award

━━━━━━━━━▲━━━━━━━━━

Of Scales and Flesh

"Dragons invented ambition. Humans follow it blindly."

━━━━━━━━━▼━━━━━━━━━

❢◥ ▬▬▬▬▬▬ ◆ ▬▬▬▬▬▬ ◤❢

Index

1. Plot
2. Rules
3. Locations
4. Roles Info/Character List

5. Character Sheet
6. Other Forums
7. Others/Q&As

❢◥ ▬▬▬▬▬▬ ◆ ▬▬▬▬▬▬ ◤❢

Plot

"Humans are mindless creatures. They blindly follow ambition and greed without much thought. They're supposed to obey our commands, not seek out their pathetic ideals.."

-Ymir, the Wise One

Dragons are majestic and powerful beasts that not only did they rule over humans but protect them from danger. To ensure dragons aren't stepping out of line and abusing their right of authority, they have a ruler of their own: The Dragon Lord. The Dragon Lord is the firstborn son of the God of Time, Heliox. The Dragon Lord is the oldest, strongest, and wisest amongst the dragons-highly feared dragons and mortals alike.

Indeed, many wanted the power of a Dragon Lord, and they all failed-feeling betrayed by his kins' greed, so he sealed himself away in the plane between Gods and Mortals. With the disappearance of the Dragon Lord, many dragons sought to take over the position, and a civil war brewed amongst them. Two candidates sought the Throne of Amber, them being the Dragon Lord's brothers.

Aidei, Champion of Dragons. The Dragon Lord's general and one who has clear ideas about enslaving humans as he sees them as the weaker species. He received his warrior prowess and the lust for battle from his elder brother.

Mogin, Gentle Mind. The advisor to the Dragon Lord wants humans and dragons to live equally and peacefully with each other: destroying the hierarchy. He was gifted the skill of wisdom and infinite knowledge from his older brother.

The two never got along due to their different viewpoints and bickered. It only got worse when their brother disappeared, and with no one to keep the peace-the two's conflict got worse.

Dragons respect a fierce and wise leader, so they always look up to the Dragon Lord. Now, they're uncertain which one of the brothers they should follow:

Aidei is strong yet reckless.

Mogin is wise yet lacks willpower.

So, the once powerful dragon empire splits into three groups: The Untamed, followers of Aidei. The Disciples, followers of Mogin. The Salvation, loyal followers of the Dragon Lord.

With the dragons focused on their conflict, none of them were watching over the humans, who grew ambitious on their own. Soon, they started following human kings instead of dragons. To make matters worse, some humans gifted with magic, known as the Sinin, wanted to make their dragons. No one knows why they did it in the first place, but it's believed that they're superior to non-magic humans and desire to control them.

The group of rogue mages created the Church of the Golden Flame, worshippers of Qilos. Qilos isn't a real god, as he's been formed by the Sinin and gained the label Kuron or Imposter God. For a better term, Daemon. As you can guess, the Church of the Golden Flame is labeled a traitor, and followers of this religion are shunned and looked down. So those worshipping Qilos practice this religion in private.

The first experiment was when they tried to create dragons from scratch-calling it the Birth of the First Golden Flame. It did seem to work at first. However, it resulted in bitter failure in the end. They created beasts that look close to dragons, but their wings are frail and can't lift them in the air. They cannot breathe fire, but they can use magic like their creators. They're called Wyrms, flightless dragons that cannot breathe fire yet can use magic in the palm of their hands. Smaller than dragons and docile compared to them. They can communicate with humans and managed to form their language known as Chizisin, also called Wyrm-Tongue.

Wyrms were kept around the church and acted as guards. They guard inside and outside the church. Casting spells on those daring to trespass on their creator's land. Wyrms act like teachers to orphan Sinin children and teach them their Wyrm-Tongue. The Sinin children got brainwashed that Wyrms were actual dragons.

The second experiment, Birth of the Second Golden Flame, was the practice of human blood and using the same method to create wyrms. It resulted in the creation of Drakes, humanoid-wingless beings that lack magic yet make up for it in the ability to breathe elements. The Drakes are a bit taller than your average human, standing at 6-8ft, and have extreme aggressiveness towards everything-even their creators. They have scales immune to plain weapons yet are weak against magic polar opposite to their elemental power. Church of the Golden Flame used a plant called Dragonsbane to settle their violent habits and shipped the temporarily docile beasts onto an island far away from the mainland. The island has the name Keelder Island, with sailors warned to stay away from as dangerous beasts lurk there.

The Drakes formed four tribes, with the four tribes hostile to the other. The Storm Seekers Tribe, Drakes that live in the mountains, and the ability to use air-based attacks. The Coral Marauders Tribe-they live in or around the ocean and use water-based attacks. The Ashen Scales Tribe, Drakes who settled underground with magma pools-they can use fire-based attacks. The Emerald Rangers Tribe, Drakes who live in the jungle and use earth-based attacks. However, some Drakes evolved to have logical thinking and moved back to the mainland to serve anyone worthy of their time.

The final experiment became the Birth of the Third Golden Flame. Tired of failures, the Church of the Golden Flame used the orphaned children as lab rats. Sadly, many died during this experiment, and only a few remained in great agony. They put dragon blood and a bit of dragon DNA into the human body and use their magic to combine them. The process is painful as it alters a person's DNA which is fatal to many. Those that survived started developing some dragon features: horns, wings, patches of scales, reptilian eyes, claws, and sharpened ears. They're like the Drakes but appear closer to humans than dragons. They call them Dragon-Knights, who can use the powers of a dragon, but it's weaker compared to the noble beast.

Of course, there are cons to their perfect creation. Dragon-Knights have the habit of going feral, with their wild instincts taking over their mind and the process of human thinking. When they go feral, their body gets covered in scales completely, and their dragon features take over. To those unaware of this experiment, Dragon-Knights are called Deamon Spawn. They're giving Dragonsbane that's been altered to settle their instincts, but too much of it can be fatal. If Dragonsbane doesn't work on calming them down and returning them to normal, they're hunted and killed by their fellow Dragon-Knights. The Dragon-Knights serve the church, while some obey the royal family as their Royal Guards.

When the dragons noticed this treason, they destroyed the Church of the Golden Flame and their creations. Although, their plan failed as some of them are still alive. Disgusted by this action and fearful of what the humans will do next, some dragons started reproducing with humans to have something to keep the humans in check and to restore power to the dragons.

Dragon-Shifters.

Dragon-Shifters are the offspring between a dragon and a human, having the ability to shapeshift to either form. They can hide amongst the humans in plain sight, as their human sides are closely similar to regular humans. While a human, they can use dragon abilities in front of others without worry since they're mistaken for Sinins. When they're a dragon, they're a lot smaller than their dragon lineage but shouldn't get taken lightly. Dragon-Shifters are stronger than Fake-Dragons but are weak against Pure-Dragons.

The civil war spread to the humans, with the dragons and humans going to war. Now, the humans have a bit of help from the creations of the fallen church and a few dragons that grew tired of the war.

❢◥ ▬▬▬▬▬▬ ◆ ▬▬▬▬▬▬ ◤❢

Rules

Follow Eve's RP rules.

(1). This RP is literate. As you can guess, use correct grammar and punctuation. I at least wanted 2+ paragraphs as that's the minimum I'll accept.

(2). You have three strikes before you're out.

(3). Only show drama within the RP, not the outside of the RP.

(4). LGBTQ+ is allowed, including cursing. If you can't handle any of these, then don't join.

(5). Questions need to be asked through PM. Not in this forum. This forum is for sign-up sheets, not questions. Discussing the RP has the same rule-discuss everything in your PMs or the discussion forum. It would clutter it up.

(6). I'll only allow reservations for 48 hours. I can extend it once you ask for an extension.

(7). Major roles would be filled by NPCs, for example, Dragon Lord and the rulers of Athax.

(8). 3-4 characters are allowed.

(9). TBD

Edited at August 9, 2022 05:41 PM by Cereal
Of Scales and Flesh | Fantasy/Medieval RP | OpenJuly 28, 2022 04:57 PM

Cereal

Darkseeker

Give Award

Locations/Buildings

Ruins of the Church of the Golden Flame

The ruins are in the mountains north of the Athax Kingdom. The church stood with pride. Now. The stones scorched with dragon's flames, and the ground split in two. The fallen church is home to the Wyrms that lurk deep underground within the old laboratory and still guard it despite the church followers no longer attending. The mountains are presumed haunted as you can hear the ghostly wails of the dead followers, but that's the sound of the Wyrms roaring away intruders or out hunting. The church's library has sunken into the cave systems, with the Wyrms reading texts that survived the attack.

The Dragonheart Empire

A city in the clouds that is the home of the dragons. The city is kept afloat by magic crystals in cardinal directions of the world. The North Crystal, also known as the Water Crystal, is guarded by the Water Dragons. The East Crystal, known as the Earth Crystal, is watched over by the Earth Dragons. The South Crystal, also called the Fire Crystal, is protected by the Fire Dragons. Lastly, the West Crystal, called the Earth Crystal, with the Earth Dragons guarding it. In the center of the floating city is a tower with a huge balcony that overlooks the city. At the top of the is the Throne of Amber, which is now empty as the Dragon Lord disappeared.

Kingdom of Athax

The home of the humans and ruled over by the royal family. Athax is a prominent and lively city with various businesses. It has a hierarchy system that doesn't involve dragons: The Royals, Royal Guards, Sinins, Nobles, Merchants, and Peasants. The Royals are at the top of the pyramid, the Royal Guards in the second tier, the Nobles and Sinins competing in the third tier, the Merchants in the fourth, and the Peasants in the fifth. The city is mainly full of humans, Dragon-Shifters in disguise, a small amount of docile Drakes, and Dragon-Knights who patrol the city's streets. However, a small number of dragons are on the outer walls of the kingdom, with two around the castle.

Keelder Island

An island ruled and guarded by the four tribes. The island is medium-sized, with the four tribes ruling over specific parts of the island. The Storm Seekers Tribe rules over the mountainous side of the island, which is to the north of the island. On the eastern side is the domain of the Emerald Rangers, who rule over the dense jungles. To the east is the entryway to the underground, with the entrance an empty volcano. The Ashen Scales reside in their large underground but have a smaller territory aboveground. To the south is the Coral Marauders. They settled on smaller bits of land and are in control of the cove as well coral reef.

❢◥ ▬▬▬▬▬▬ ◆ ▬▬▬▬▬▬ ◤❢

Roles

Dragon Royals

The Brothers

The Dragon Lord (NPC)
Mogin (NPC)
Aidei (NPC)

Pure-Dragons

Dragons (0/4; More Spots Will Be Open Soon)

Open
Open
Open
Open

Dragon-Shifters (0/4; More Spots Will Be Opened Soon)

Open
Open
Open
Open

Fake-Dragons

Wyrms (0/4; More Spots Will Be Open Soon)

Open
Open
Open
Open

Drakes (1/4; More Spots Will Be Opened Soon)

Res by Me
Open
Open
Open

Human Royals

The King and Queen

King Alucard (NPC)
Queen Miranda (NPC)

Princesses (0/2)

Open
Open

Princes (0/2)

Open
Open

Humans

Dragon-Knights (0/4; More Spots Will Be Opened Soon)

Open
Open
Open
Open

Sinins/Mages (1/4; More Spots Will Be Opened Soon)

Res by Me
Open
Open
Open

The Civilians (Unlimited Spots)

Open

❢◥ ▬▬▬▬▬▬ ◆ ▬▬▬▬▬▬ ◤❢

Character Sheet

I don't care how you do or what you add to it. Make sure it has the main bit of info within it-other than that, I'm alright with whatever.

Name:
Species:
Sexuality:
Apperance:
Personality:
Significant Other(s):
Crush(es):
Ex(es):
Family:
Affiliations:
Other:

Feel free to use your dragon species (it can be OC or based on mythology), but make sure they're not too OP for this RP. <3 Dragons may be strong, but they have weaknesses too. Powers like time, space, and other powers similar to that aren't allowed. Be sure to ask me first if the power is acceptable for your dragon.

Edited at August 9, 2022 05:40 PM by Cereal
Of Scales and Flesh | Fantasy/Medieval RP | OpenJuly 31, 2022 02:57 AM

Cereal

Darkseeker

Give Award

Forums

WIP

❢◥ ▬▬▬▬▬▬ ◆ ▬▬▬▬▬▬ ◤❢

Q&As

WIP

Of Scales and Flesh | Fantasy/Medieval RP | OpenJuly 31, 2022 04:29 AM

Cereal

Darkseeker

Give Award
Name:
Age (16-40):
Apperance:
Personality:
Significant Other(s):
Crush(es):
Ex(es):
Family:
Affiliations:
Other:
Of Scales and Flesh | Fantasy/Medieval RP | OpenJuly 31, 2022 04:29 AM

Cereal

Darkseeker

Give Award
Name:
Age (16-40):
Apperance:
Personality:
Significant Other(s):
Crush(es):
Ex(es):
Family:
Affiliations:
Other:
Of Scales and Flesh | Fantasy/Medieval RP | OpenAugust 9, 2022 07:39 PM

NightWater

Neutral

Give Award

~Name~

Anubis

~Age~

~Gender~

Masculine

~Species~

Dragon-Shifter

~Sexuality~

Homoselxual

~Occupation~

Veterinarian

~Appearance~

Anubis has the most steel-grey colored eyes in his family along with the longest black, light brown hair which he dyed to a platinum silverish color for fun . He has caramel-colored skin just a few shades darker, he has no problem with his skin color for he was raised to love himself. He stands at the height of 6 feet, with a lean muscular figure. Anubis has a couple of scars along his back. He is very proud of his scars and has no regrets or anger when others ask questions for he shows them freely. He also has a couple of tattoos scattered along his body all of them holding meaning to him. He also has a tongue, nose, lips and ear piercings for his motto is ``embrace your one chance at life".

Anubis is usually seen in neutral colored clothing,he enjoys dressing comfy which is usually hoodies and joggers, and a pair of black and white converse, and a couple of bracelets and necklaces that are very dear to him which if he finds you worthy enough will tell you the story of it.

~Personality~

Anubis has a very complex personality or in other words, as others call it he has a bipolar disorder. He tends to stay to himself unless he is doing one of his activities. Anubis is very motivated and can speak multiple languages like they are his native tongue. Anubis is a very quick learner and he is intelligent which makes up for his lack of being social. The male is anything but shy, but he enjoys keeping to himself but he will speak up if he thinks it's necessary. Anubis is stubborn and hard to get to the meaning he doesn't like being told what to do unless it's for the safety of the people he cares about. Anubis can seem like a dangerous person but once you truly understand him he's nothing but a giant teddy bear wanting to protect the things he cares about. Anubis tries his best to understand everyone but sometimes it gets jumbled into his head so he tends to stay quiet in most situations.

~Significant Other(s)~

N/A

~Crush(es)~

N/A

(Open/Pm)

~Ex(es)~

N/A

~Family~

Unknown

(Pm)

~Affiliations~

N/A

~Other~

N/A

Of Scales and Flesh | Fantasy/Medieval RP | OpenAugust 10, 2022 09:41 PM

Shadows in the Mist

Neutral

Give Award

Name: Isolde, generally referred to as Dame Isolde

Species: Dragon Knight

Sexuality: Bisexual

Appearance: Isolde is roughly 5 foot 11 inches tall, with a bulky, muscular build. Her frame is rectangular, with little in the way of curves. She has broad shoulders and meaty thighs, giving the impression of strength and immovability. Her hands are strong and thickly calloused, with her fingertips ending in sharp claws. The claws are fairly short but strongly curved, allowing for a surprising amount of dexterity. However, Isolde still cannot properly fire a bow, and thus uses a crossbow when ranged weapons are required. She is normally outfitted in the chainmail uniforms assigned to the guard, complemented with a matched set of unornamented black metal pauldrons, bracers, and greaves. The uniform also includes a helmet, but Isolde bears a pair of horns that make wearing it impossible. Her horns grow out of either side of her forehead, and are roughly five inches in length and 3/4 of an inch in diameter. They are ridged and twist gently in on themselves, somewhat resembling the horns of an addax antelope.

Isolde’s face could best be described as angular, with a sharp, pointed chin and wide, high cheekbones. She has a large roman nose and a wide, thin mouth. She rarely smiles with teeth, as hers are noticeably sharper and pointier than a typical human’s. When her mouth is closed the odd teeth aren’t visible. Her lips are peach colored, while the rest of her skin is a light chestnut marred with various small scars. Isolde has larger ears than the average person, which end in sharp points that can barely poke out of her hair on occasion. She can only hear slightly better than a regular human. Her eyes are similarly nonhuman, with crocodilian, slitted pupils. The eyes are abnormally round, and heavily hooded by her strong brow bone. Isolde’s eyes are a bright algal green striated with black lines, with no whites at all. Her eyebrows are broad and straight, with little in the way of arches. Isolde’s face is framed by ringlet waves that could fit into the 2c category. Her locks come down to a few inches below her chin, about halfway between her chin and shoulders. The hair is cinnamon in shade, a deep reddish brown with brighter amber highlights. Isolde typically ties it back into a tight bun at the crown of her head, but will occasionally braid it into a crown for fancy occasions or leave it down. When she’s not in uniform, Isolde favors loose, nearly baggy clothing that allows for freedom of movement without encumbering her by dragging everywhere. The fabric is generally in muted shades that don’t draw the eye.

Personality: Isolde is a bit of a paradox. Aggressive one moment and meek the next, this female is constantly struggling to control her bestial side. In combat she’s a monster who will kill and maim without hesitation, yet once the fight is over she will regard the carnage with tears and nausea. Isolde longs to leave the fields of battle behind her, yet believes she would never be accepted in any other line of work. After all, if even she considers herself a killer, how could anyone else see her as anything different? As a royal guard, Isolde can channel her more destructive impulses toward what she considers to be the noble goal of protecting others. She is deeply loyal to the cause of her choice, and has a bad habit of following orders blindly. Her devoted nature extends to those who befriend her, a task which is somewhat difficult to do. Isolde is terrified of going feral, and thus gets extremely anxious that she might hurt anyone who might get too close to her. She is also afraid of being vulnerable, as she has been betrayed and taken advantage of before by the people she thought she could trust.

As a guard, Isolde has little free time. She eagerly throws herself into the mandatory drills and patrols, volunteering for the night shifts where her keen eyes can give her an advantage over others. Her weapons of choice are a pair of sabers she calls Redemption and Deliverance which she dual-wields, as playing defense is a concept Isolde has little experience with. She’s competent with the social niceties expected at court, but prefers to be silent in the presence of nobles or royalty unless directly addressed. Among the other guards and the servants, Isolde is known for being quiet yet witty and sarcastic. She is liked well enough by most of them, as she doesn’t start arguments and her retorts tend to be more exasperated than cutting. Her voice is low and raspy, while her laugh is usually sharp and guttural. Isolde generally smells slightly like smoke and iron.

Significant Other(s): Open, pm me

Crush(es): May add one as more people join

Ex(es): She’s had two previous relationships, one with a male Sinin worshiper as a teenger and then the daughter of a merchant once she joined the Royal guard. Neither relationship lasted longer than about a year, as Isolde would grow too paranoid about going feral and harming her lover.

Family: Isolde was one of the orphans taken in by the Sinin, and thus has no living family that she knows of. She was mainly cared for by the Wyrms, and thus still retains an affinity for them even after renouncing the Church of the Golden Flame. Isolde left the Church because her little sister Emilia did not survive the experiment that would have changed her into a dragon knight as well.

Affiliations: TBD

Other: None

Forums > Roleplay > Sign-Ups

Refresh

Copyright ©2013-2024 Go Go Gatsby Designs, LLC    All Rights Reserved
Terms Of Use  |   Privacy Policy   |   DMCA   |   Contact Us