Wolf Play : War for Pride | Lion Rp | Open!
Chatbox
 Forest Dwelling
09:29:16 Floor
@Boe

It just says sold for 0 so I'm going to assume yes?
 Hallow's Eve
09:28:57 Hallow, Eve
Boeing

I fear not
 distant-lands
09:28:34 katy | beetle
-Click-
which of my cat OC's should be the next victim of my YCH? >:)

example if you don't know what i'm talking about
-Click-
 Boeing
09:26:27 Boe is a bear, Rawr!
oh god. I didn't realize it was today
-WP Click-
pup check? Anything actually worth the price I spent?
 Urux
09:26:05 Urox
Vah
Gasp, I like that
 Urux
09:25:49 Urox
BJake
Hm, I'm in an art block myself so that's a great question.
I guess it depends on how detailed you want the YCH to be? What sort of level are you going to do?
 Zeraphia
09:23:18 Vah the Ancient One
Y'know those ones with strings on hands like a puppet?

That but the strings are going down instead of up
 BJake
09:22:27 Don't call me BJ.
@Urux
Sure, but what of?? Like what is happening?
 Revelry
09:22:23 Rev
Amor
Hoepefully things will get better for us, or maybe the billionaries could speed up the end of the worl lol
 Urux
09:20:21 Urox
BJake
Angst?
 distant-lands
09:19:33 katy | beetle
-WP Click-
paws? :)
 BJake
09:19:22 Don't call me BJ.
Not cute
 BJake
09:19:15 Don't call me BJ.
YCH Ideas anyone?
(Humanoid or anthro)
 Hallow's Eve
09:17:38 Hallow, Eve
Hey Buggy!
 ZEFHYR
09:16:54 
you are very welcomed
 BuggyOs
09:13:09 Bug-a-boo
Thank you!
 ZEFHYR
09:13:08 
-WP Click-
 BuggyOs
09:12:25 Bug-a-boo
Zefhyr
the show page link just makes sure the url is correct!
 ZEFHYR
09:12:01 
ohhhh ok I am about to test it out so everyone be ready for some paws up. cp to you BuggyO
 Ámor
09:11:28 On haitus
@Rev
Yeah I understand, Im working, + trying to get my car fixed, was doing college, having to support my boyfriend (lives with me after his family kicked him out) all at the same time it was too much

Refresh

You must be a registered member for more
than 1 day before you can use our chatbox.
Quests
Alliance Battles
Challenges

Hourly Damage Variances
Bobcat : -5
Arctic Fox : +5
Polar Bear : -3
    Winter   Night  Weather:  Clear  Moon: 

Forums

→ Wolf Play is a fun game! Sign Up Now!

My Subscriptions
My Bookmarks
My Topics
Latest Topics
Following
Forums > Roleplay > Sign-Ups
   1    2    3 

War for Pride | Lion Rp | Open!July 27, 2022 11:52 PM

Imperial Sands

Darkseeker

Give Award
War for Pride
Please, if you can think of a better title let me know. I hate this.

Life for the Sangaya Pride has never been an easy feat, rather life is something they've earned by fighting tooth and claw for everything they've had. However with life had been good up until recently, their King and Queen able to lead them into a life where they had just about achieved prosperity when it all fell apart.

The dry season had been a bit worse than normal, but what had really done them in was the lack of food available to the pride. To make matters worse? The King's unwillingness to come up with a better solution than to tell the lionesses they just needed to go further or try harder in their hunts. He had always been a sterner King with the lionesses, but he had never really be unreasonable. His words displeased the lionesses of the pride, and they weren't shy to voice their opinions and disapproval, beginning to draw the lion between lion and lioness.

Unbeknowst to them all, though, the pride was being watched, a group of devious eyes taking in everything they saw. A group of lionesses has their eyes set on the Sangaya Pride and it's territory after being deserted by their own male, among other things. However, they knew with the difficulty hunting, the pride would never take them in. So they waited, patiently living in the unclaimed lands near by, and getting by off of scraps and small meals.

That all changed the day the first rains came, a promise of hope whispering throughout the land. Weak and half starved, the group of lionesses began to work on their plan, leaving their scents here and there for the males to find, before 'happening' upon the King one day while he was alone at the nearby river. They mewled in fear and desperation, pretending to be half terrified of him in their weakned state, and half hopeful of revival. After completely winning over the King of the pride, the lionesses were brought into it by him as his Harem. It was a power move by the King, knowing the lionesses of the Sangaya pride wouldn't take lightly to more mouths to feed. He figured that the new lionesses could become full members of the pride once they were healthy, but for now they were to live in the lap of luxury as his mistresses, his mates.

Of course, this only caused the rift within the pride to grow, but all of this is according to plan for the new lionesses. See, they don't just want to be apart of the pride. They want to be the pride. Their goal is to drive a wedge between the lionesses and males enough to push out the resident females, and takeover the pride themselves. Eventually, they plan on even seducing the males to give them primary control over it. However, the Sandaya Lionesses are not willing to give up without a fight. They'll push them all out if they have to, but this is their home. And they intend to keep it that way.

This is a WIP, as it's a newer Rp that I'm attempting. If you have questions after reading everything, please just Pm me to ask! I don't mind at all.

As per usual, my Co-Leads for this Rp are Tenebris Umbra and Polly if they desire. Please show them the same respect you would show me.

Edited at July 28, 2022 05:54 AM by Imperial Sands
War for Pride | Lion Rp | Open!July 27, 2022 11:53 PM

Imperial Sands

Darkseeker

Give Award
The Roleplay Rules
Obviously, Follow all of WP and Eve’s Rules.
1. Be Active. Minimum Activity Requirement is a Post Every 2-3 Days. If you haven’t posted for 4 days, and I haven’t been told in advance, I will simply remove your lion.
2. This is a Semi-Literate Minimum Rp, so No One Liners Ever. Minimum 5 Sentences Per Character for Every Post.
3. No Godmoding, Powerplaying, etc. None of that will be tolerated.
4. Drama in Rp is Encouraged, but OOC Drama is not acceptable. Keep it Civil.
5. No Love at First Sight, Being Mates With Your Own Characters, or Instant-Mates.
6. Keep it Somewhat Realistic. It would take an entire pride, including Male Lions, to take down a Water Buffalo. I don’t want to see Solo Lions taking down things that don’t make sense.
7. Again with the realism, the likelihood of a lioness being able to fight and win against an adult male in his prime is pretty slim.
8. Semi-Realistic Lion Appearances. Coat colors and markings should be semi-realistic, eye colors can be more exotic.
9. With Fighting Give People the Chance to Defend Themselves, as well as, no avoiding all attacks or always perfect attacks. If it's easier, decide who will win the fight in Pms.
10. Read everything, seriously, it's painfully obvious when you haven't. If you've read everything, put a sentence about a caterpillar in your first form.
11. I reserve the Right to Deny Applications.
12. I would highly recommend making at least 2 characters. This will be a bloody rp. Characters will die or be injured.
13. Have Fun!

The Sangaya Pride Laws
1. What the King and Queen say is Law, to disrespect them or ignore them is a punishable offense.
2. Cubs are to be protected at all costs, and are allowed to eat first. Mistreatment of Cubs is Strictly Prohibited. Result is Exile or Death.
3. Feeding at a Kill Occurs in Dominance Order, those eating out of Turn will be Forced to eat last.
4. Relations with a Lion not within the Pride is a punishable offense and strictly forbidden.
5. Unjustified Killing amongst the Pride is strictly prohibited. Will result in exile or death.
6. Hunts are lead by the Queen, Second or an Appointed Lioness. This means no unplanned hunts.

More will be added if I think of any.

Edited at July 28, 2022 01:08 AM by Imperial Sands

Imperial Sands

Darkseeker

Give Award
The Roleplay Roles

King
This is the Dominant Male of the Sangaya Pride. His position was decided when the Coalition tookover, as he would have been either the oldest or most dominant or both of the males while they were Nomadic. His word is law, and he leads alongside of the Queen. He is not more dominant than her, they're more like equals. However, he has primary say over the males and anything regarding the protection of the pride [unless she gains the support of the males for something]. His position can be challenged for, either by one of the males in the pride or by an outside male. His position is relatively revolving over the years, and, on occasion, can be pushed out of the Lionesses do not find him to be leading well enough. Albeit this is rare though.

Queen

This is the Dominant Female of the Sangaya Pride. Her position is decided by the Pride Lionesses. It's a group decision, so sometimes it takes time to choose who will lead, but the majority rules typically decides who is queen rather than Unanimous. Her word is law within the pride, and she leads alongside the King, however, she has primary say over the lionesses, cubs, and all things hunting or food related. She is Equal to the King in a sense, but can have more power than him since she is the more permanent fixture within the pride. Her position can be challenged for, but only with approval from majority of the pride lionesses. When a challenge is over, whoever is the Queen decides the punishment for the loser, though typically even those lionesses are kept within the pride out of respect for one another. The Lionesses follow the Queen, so it would be very difficult for the King to get them to rally against her, though it is possible if his arugment is strong enough.

Harem

These are the Lishukula Lionesses who the King brought into the pride and under his protection. They are viewed as his Mistresses basically, and, for now, are not required to take part in anything until they get their strength back up. Even then, though, he intends to keep these lionesses for himself, and intends to let them decide what their roles will be. However, they are strictly off limits to any of the other males in the pride, and punishment could end up in exile or death for the male if found courting one of the Harem females. He has now decided to make the Harem a whole rank entirely, and well allow resident lionesses to become apart of it if they desire too. In his mind, he views the cubs from the Harem as his 'Heirs' even though that doesn't guaruntee them succession.

Second Male

This is the Second Most Dominant Male of the Pride and is viewed as like the Second in Command for the King. He is the one who would takeover if anything happened to the King, but is often completely loyal to the King as the two often have history. He helps deliver orders to the pride, and helps keep the Pride safe and protected. Typically either him or the King lead patrols, it is always one of them who is doing it. He is allowed to father cubs within the pride, so long as the lioness doesn't belong to the King's Harem. If she isn't apart of it now, she is considered free game [that sounds bad ew i know], unless the King specifically says otherwise. It isn't uncommon for the Second Male and the King to be related. This position can be challenged for, but only with the King's Approval. As well as, the King can demote him or push him out if he desires, though he might be met by a challenge if he does.

Second Female

This is the Second Most Dominant Female of the Pride, and is, like the Second Male, viewed as the Second in Command for the Queen. She is viewed like a Lead Huntress to a degree, because it's either her or the Queen leading hunts, or one of them chooses who is. She is the Queen's most trusted lioness within the pride, and is chosen by her for the position. It's not uncommond for these lionesses to be related or to have known each other for years. Her loyalty to the Queen is unmatched and is greater than her loyalty to the pride usually. She is typically the Queen's biggest advocate. Her position cannot be challenged for though, as it is solely decided upon by the Queen. Can someone try and convince the Queen to demote her and choose another? Sure, but typically that isn't common. However, if the Second Female became apart of the King's Harem, she likely would be quickly demoted and frowned upon by the Lionesses.

Third Male [Optional]

This would be the Third Most Dominant Male of the Pride. This position isn't always filled, usually it only is if the Coalition that takes over has three males. If there are for, this position is converted to Pride Males instead. The Third Male holds little power within the pride, and is primarily just there to help protect the Pride. He can move up in positon through challenge, however he is typically the smallest or youngest of the males in the pride, so typically it isn't until he's older than he can win a challenge. He's allowed to father cubs within the pride, so long as he respects the same rules applied to the Second Male. Except they apply for the Second Male and the King for him.

Advisors

These are the two oldest lions or lionesses within the pride. Typically there is only one, but there can be two at a time as well. These tend to just be lionesses, though occasionally an older male is allowed to take the position too. If there is just one, they are seen as an advisor to both the Queen and King. However, if there is two, then they only Advise to one each. They are respected within the pride, but don't have the power to make decisions. They are just there to offer wisdom and experience to the leads. Other than that, they are allowed to live their golden years out peacefully.

Huntresses

These are majority of the Lionesses within the Pride. Their main role is providing food for the pride, and truthfully they make up the main bulk of the pride too. Huntresses can also mother cubs, but do not have to become Cub sitters when they do, instead that is a whole seperate role for those who may not be the best at hunting. They follow the guidance of the Queen, and are lead by her. They do not have to take orders from the King, unless he is backed by the Queen. They can choose to, but they do not have to. Huntresses can be pushed out of the pride if the reason is big enough, but typically it is decided as a group, rather than just by the Queen herself. Lionesses from two to death reside in this role, however, they are never expected to do more than what they are able to. So if an older lioness cannot quite keep up with the hunts, they'll find something she can do.

Cub Sitters

These are the lionesses of the pride who have decided to be the primary caretakers of cubs rather than hunting. Typically these females are not the best at hunting, so that's why they chose the alternate route. They still participate in hunts when there are no cubs to look after, but their skillset is taken into consideration and they're never expected to be great at it. When there are cubs, though, that is their role. They care for them and protect them, and it's expected that they are willing to give their life for them. Typically it's a ration of 3-4 cubs per cubsitter, so sometimes a huntress will stay back with them when there are a lot of cubs. Cubsitters can be pushed out of the pride, just like Huntresses can, but typically this only occurs when something happens to a cub within their care. Otherwise, they're typically left alone.

Cubs

These are the offspring of the pride, and they make up this rank from birth to about two years old. Once they reach a year old, they're allowed to go on patrols or on hunts according to their gender. Once they reach two years old, female's ascend to their chosen rank, and male's typically are pushed out. Sometimes males can stay a bit longer, but they all are pushed out by the time they reach about three years old.

Nomadic Males
These are the Males who are not within the Pride. They present a threat to the Pride males and are often chased out when found. Occasionally they can be brought into the pride, if the Third Male position is open, but usually they're run off. Most Nomadic Males are wary of Pride Males unless they're hoping to challenge them for the Pride. It isn't uncommon to see Nomadic Males in Coalitions to increase their chances of winning a challenge. Whoever is leading the Coalition is typically who takes over the pride as King, with the other males filling their respective positions.

About the Sangaya Pride
The Sangaya Pride is one like many others, though they are a bit of a rougher pride, as they often struggle through the dry season when food comes up short. However, this year is the exception in terms of how badly they've struggled during the dry season. They do have the typical leading pair of a King and Queen, however, they aren't loving mates usually [though it does happen occasionally]. Instead the roles right now are more of a business relationship to a degree. The Queen is usually elected by the lionesses, and the King is normally decided by the males. This is, in their mind, their way of keeping the Leaders from being anything less than the best. It's supposed to keep their loyalty to the pride over anything. However, sometimes there a draw backs, like right now, when the two don't have as much loyalty to each other to work together all the time. It's the lack of true love between them that allowed the Lishukula lionesses to infiltrate the pride. Up until this year, though, the pride has functioned primarily like a well oiled machine. The males keep the lionesses safe and protected, and the females keep the males fed. They all understand their roles within the pride, but stress has caused a rift within the pride and turmoil has begun. It's really anyone's guess on where the pride will be in the future.

About the Lishukula Lionesses
These are the Lionesses who are apart of the King's Harem. They were the ones who plotted to get into the pride, and they've achieved it. They came from the Lishukula pride, however, they were deserted by their King after their territory fell to a bush fire during the dry season. So while they story of what happened to them is true, their motives are not. They do not just wish to join and find a place within the Pride, their goal is takeover. They, in their minds, have little to no room for any of the resident lionesses, and instead aim to push them out completely. They may keep one or two that are sympathetic and loyal to them, but majority of them they aim to exile from the territroy completely. Eventually they even hope to convince the resident males to give over primary control of the pride to them.

Edited at July 28, 2022 12:52 AM by Imperial Sands

Imperial Sands

Darkseeker

Give Award
The Available Roles

King

Queen
1. Nkiruka | F | 8 Yrs | Imperial Sands | Pg. 1

Harem
1. Reserved for Me
2. Reserved for Polly

Second Male
1. Reserved for Polly

Second Female
1. Reserved for Spellbound

Third Male

Advisors

Huntresses
1. Reserved for Spellbound
2. Reserved for Polly

Cub Sitters

Cubs

Nomadic Males
1. Reserved for Me

Edited at July 28, 2022 07:03 AM by Imperial Sands
War for Pride | Lion Rp | Open!July 28, 2022 01:00 AM

Imperial Sands

Darkseeker

Give Award
The Form

Name:
Pride:
Desired Rank:
Thoughts on the Sangaya Pride: [If a Harem Lioness, Delete Otherwise]
Thoughts on the Harem Lionesses: [If a Sangaya Pride Lion or Lioness, Delete if Nomadic or Harem Lioness]
Appearance: [Detailed Description Minimum]
Personality: [Detailed Description Minimum]
Crush:
Mate:
Cubs:
Kin:
Affiliations: [Detailed Relationships]
Other:

War for Pride | Lion Rp | Open!July 28, 2022 01:10 AM

Imperial Sands

Darkseeker

Give Award
This is now Open, but it's still a WIP. Just be aware things might change as I fix or alter things.
War for Pride | Lion Rp | Open!July 28, 2022 01:14 AM

Imperial Sands

Darkseeker

Give Award
Name:
Kiho;
Meaning "Fog"
3 or 4 Years Old
Male
Pride:

None

Nomadic Male
Desired Rank:
A Pride Male. He Doesn't have a Desire to Lead Though/
Appearance:

Credit for this Image Belongs to Aussuegal7 on DA. This is a Stock Image.

Personality:

wip
Crush:

None, Open
Mate:

None
Cubs:

None
Kin:

Open
Affiliations:

Wip - Open!
Other:
Wip
War for Pride | Lion Rp | Open!July 28, 2022 01:31 AM

Imperial Sands

Darkseeker

Give Award

Name:

Nkiruka
Meaning "Greater Lies Within"
8 Years
Female
Pride:

Sangaya Pride

Queen
Desired Rank:

Content
Thoughts on the Harem Lionesses:
They are parasites to her, mere thorns in her side. She doesn't view them as a threat to her or her throne, though she thinks they're just more useless mouths to feed. Which basically makes them a threat to her pride since they aren't providing anything to it. She's disgruntled by their presence and wants to see them gone, and she isn't going to be too kind about making that happen either.
Appearance:

Nkiruka is a female of rather large size, though not the largest beast out there. She stands at about 3.8 feet tall, or three feet and a little over 9 inches. This makes her at a rather tall height, but not the tallest a lioness can get [which is 4 feet for this rp]. True to her nature though, the female is relatively hefty, and weighs about 391 lbs, almost maxing out the scale for lionesses [400 lbs is the max for this rp for a lioness]. This makes her a rather large and broad creature, built for bringing down prey rather than chasing after it. There are certainly leaner females out there that can chase after things for longer and faster than she can. Though, like all lionesses, she can sprint a short distance at a relatively quick speed.

Ruka has a broad physique, as she's started going through the changes an adult lion goes through as they age into the "old adult" stage of life. Her head has broadened, causing her ears to be stationed further apart. This gives her head a wider shape, making it appear larger than it once was. Her paws are like shovels, with long, three inch curved claws at the end of each toe. Her legs are well muscled, packed with muscle that's like coiled springs, allowing her to move in a fluid, almost graceful motion, and take off at a sprinting speed at the drop of a hat. These muscles in her legs are also what allow her to propel herself up to take down prey even larger than herself.

The Queen has a rather unique appearance, but not one that's entirely uncommon among lionesses. She has an atypical tan coat with obvious charcoal grey hairs mixed within it [see the first picture], that gives her an overall darker, grey hued appearance. She's still very obviously a tawny color, as the color can be seen on her chest and sides, but the grey in her coat makes her easier to identify when in a group. She has a lighter and creamier underbelly color that melds well with the tawny bade, and none of her cub spots remain any longer, making her a canvas of tan. She has the familiar black semi-circle markins on the tops of her ears, and her nose as begun to turn fully black as well. Her tail tip is black in coloration, and her eyes are a pale gold in color.

While Nkiruka is not a young lioness, she isn't really an old one either. She has scabs on her ears where fur no longer grows due to age and scuffles. She still has all her teeth, though an bottom canine tooth [the left] is slightly chipped. Her tail, at the very end, crooks a bit from where it's been broken in the past. Along with these, the female has varying scars scattered across her body, though none of them are from anything overly noteworthy. All together, everyone of these unique features shows that Ruka has lived life well, sometimes a rough life, but she has lived nonetheless.

Credit for All Images Belongs to Robbobert on DA. These are Stock Images.

Personality:

Aggressive || Bold || Brave || Callous & Abrasive || Blunt || Harsh || Rough Around the Edges || Dominant || Fierce || Regal || Indifferent || Aloof || Unimpressed || Protective || Rough || Mildly Maternal

Ruka is not a Queen who is poised, polished and elegant. She's regal in the way that the Sangaya Pride is: Harsh. She's all rough edges and sharp curves, and leads her pride with a firm, but steady paw. She doesn't have patience or time for nuisances or stupid, petty drama, and she isn't going to lower herself to it. Does she see the Harem as a threat to her directly? No, they're nothing but mewling cubs. However, their presence is not welcome, and she will be quick to teach them that, even at the King's disapproval. This is her pride, and she will do whatever it takes to remind everyone of that.

Nkiruka is not a female you want to get on the bad side of, though to say she has a good side isn't exactly true either. Her "good side" is merely her tolerating others, and not making their lives miserable. She is not a gentle creature, nor a sympathic one. You will not find comforting words or loving affection from her, if you seek out comfort from her, expect it to be an empty silence. Her bad side though? Is much worse. She will remind you quickly where your place is within the pride, and will make your life nothing more than walking on eggshells. She will not only physically ruin you, but she will verbally and mentally dismantle you as well. She isn't one for mind games, but she doesn't need them to make you second guess every decision you make.

The lioness is callous and aloof by nature, someone with a fierce attitude towards all things, and won't hesitate to throw herself into battle. She will always do whatever it takes. Nkiruka is the unmovable object. Her abrasive and blunt nature isn't anything to take personal, it's just who she is, but if you're a lion of sensitive nature, it would be best to thicken your skin, and quickly. She isn't going to change her tune for anyone, she is who she is, and she isn't ashamed of it. She wasn't chosen to be Queen for a delicate and poised manner, she was chosen for her dedication and determination, and ferocity unmatched by many. When there is something she wants, whether it's for her pride or herself, there is little that can stop Nkiruka from getting it. She fought for her pride on more than one occasion, and she will continue to do so until the day she no longer draw breath.

Nkiruka is a rather dominant lioness, one who doesn't even bow down to the power of a male. She is more likely to scoff or sneer at them than to be impressed. It takes a lot to win the female's approval, though once you have, don't be fooled into thinking you've earned it indefinitely. No, if you slip up once, the tide will change, and you'll find yourself no longer in her good standing. She's a rather unimpressed creature, someone who is indifferent, almost apathetic, towards others until they've proven their use or value to her.

The aggressive lioness is a protective being, and mildly maternal towards her own cubs, and some of the younger lions as well. Not drastically so, she's by no means winning mother of the year. But you raise a hair in the direction of her cubs in the wrong way? She will absolutely make you regret even laying eyes on them. She may not be the best mother, but she will not stand to let anything hurt one of her own cubs. Doesn't matter who you are.

Overall, Nkiruka is a rather stern and harsh lioness, but she's earned the respect of her pride through years of hard work and steadfast leadership. Not the easiest lioness to get along with, but someone worthy of her title that you would absolutely want on your side at the end of the day.

Crush:

None, Open
Mate:

None, Open
Cubs:

Open
Kin:

Open
Affiliations:

wip - Open!
Other:
Wip