Wolf Play : Ready Or Not|| Semi-Lit to Lit|| Open
Chatbox
 Floof
02:29:18 Floodgates
Yes, I still have things to get done today xD
 Kháos
02:28:15 Kaos || Khaos
Hopefully you were able to get some good things done at least!
 Revelry
02:26:11 Rev
Also, why do I always forgot to set forum's post to Paragraph before posting lol
 Floof
02:25:06 Floodgates
Khaos,
Oh my! I get that. It took me forever to fall asleep lastnight, I had too much energy :")
 Tribe of Crying Hawk
02:24:39 
Wow.. Fluffy Floof. Floofy Fluff. Hm.
 Revelry
02:24:32 Rev
-WP Click-
Vote? I'm bored
 Kháos
02:24:21 Kaos || Khaos
Yes
 Tribe of Crying Hawk
02:24:04 
Um, excuse me, but can you 'steal another packs food?
 Floof
02:24:00 Floodgates
Hawk,
That's what I'm told xD
 Kháos
02:23:59 Kaos || Khaos
I'm doing great! Should probably be asleep by now (I woke up 14 hours ago and haven't slept since; 2:24 for me-), but I have so much energy right now. :,D
 Tribe of Crying Hawk
02:22:46 
Floof! You are fluffy! Somehow
 TheSigmaMales
02:22:34 Leon, Sigma
Hey chat

I donÂ’t normally chat, but I gotta brag about the fact that I just got an Alexandrite Dye 3 apples in from Bree 😳

My luck has never been this good what
 Floof
02:21:53 Floodgates
I've not long been awake but doing okay ^^'
How about you?
 Tribe of Crying Hawk
02:21:30 
Does anyone here like Erin Hunter? :]
 starrywing
02:21:09 Novo/Starry
hehe pretty
-Click-
 Kháos
02:20:42 Kaos || Khaos
How's your day/night going so far, Floof?
 Floof
02:20:40 Floodgates
Hey Aedra! :)
 Tribe of Crying Hawk
02:20:11 
Sorry..
 Floof
02:20:08 Floodgates
Hello Khaos ^-^
 The Night Walker
02:19:53 Anemoia/Aedra
Oh, hey Floof! ^^

Refresh

You must be a registered member for more
than 1 day before you can use our chatbox.
Quests
Alliance Battles
Challenges

Hourly Damage Variances
Ocelot : 0
Jaguar : -3
Cheetah : -4
    Winter   Day  Weather:  Light Snow

Forums

→ Wolf Play is a fun game! Sign Up Now!

My Subscriptions
My Bookmarks
My Topics
Latest Topics
Following
Forums > Roleplay > Sign-Ups
   1    2 

Ready Or Not|| Semi-Lit to Lit|| OpenJune 10, 2022 08:49 PM

Former Pack

Neutral

Give Award

Twenty years ago lived a scientist with a dream; bring relief to the sufferers of vast cripling conditions and diseases. Seventeen years ago the same scientist finished developing a technological chip that he believed would bring a solution. Sixteen years ago, the scientist had implanted these chips into test subjects; children. It was successful, however. . . there are now greater things at play. Such as the creation and introduction of the world’s first superheroes.

So ready or not, what was once fiction is now set to become society's new reality.

Edited at June 11, 2022 07:32 PM by Valorous

Former Pack

Neutral

Give Award

~Phase 1~

The experiment, if you will, was by far a great leap in technological advancement thus far created by humans. Why? The chip was going to do just as it was designed to; cure the hosts of their debilitating ailments. This government funded team of scientists, including the lead scientist and the government heads sponsoring this all, had to get a little dirty before reaching success though. The lead scientist had reason to believe that younger hosts would not only have a higher success rate with the chip, but also that their bodies would not be inclined to reject it like the adults bodies' of the very first trial... which went terrible and every subject died. So children became the focus of the experiments new approach.

The government was able to pluck children from a variety of states who were either surrendered to the states, or for whatever reason they ended up in state care. From there the children were whisked away to the lab's experimentation H.Q. in a small military town outside of Jacksonville, Florida. There they were processed into the ‘program’ and assigned new names, leaving the government to erase their prior identities.

Each and every child had some kind of illness they were diagnosed with that was expected to cut their lifespan in half, or for a few, even more than that. The oldest of these included in the experiment were 9 years old, with the youngest being 3 years old. The chip inside of these children, located at the base of the skull, attached itself to the nervous system in order to hold influence over the immune system. The chips both artificially produce and release a neurochemical formerly discovered in an inactive region of the brain. Once this chemical binds to white blood cells and it’s circulated through the body by the heart, it triggers not only a rapid healing response, but makes it practically impossible for any disease to riddle the host’s body. From bacteria's, viruses, autoimmune diseases and more, the hosts were free from it all! Success. . . with a twist.

Not only did this neurochemical spark that kind of response in the body, but it also awoke the specific region of the brain it originated from. Now this had some interesting effects on the hosts. It was a shock for the scientists to see their subjects acting sick, lethargic, or even showing signs of psychological distress. There were concerns, but the experiment was not halted. These reactions were initially believed to be the hosts' bodies adjusting to the new chemical, with this ‘adjustment’, lasting six months. After those six months even stranger things began to occur. These individuals began exhibiting and demonstrating phenomena only known to be in movies, books, and ultimately fantasy. . . abilities. No one child had the same ability, or in some cases multiple abilities. Each was unique, but also highly unstable.

~Phase 2~

This was where the government stepped in to take over operations. They restructured the military base, above and below ground, to foster these children and their unique assets. The government then began directing the original scientists to focus their attention on understanding, studying, and ultimately training these children to work with their gifts. So for the next several years these children had become accustomed to working on themselves with scientists to better control and understand their abilities. Of course there were several children who proved to be defiant or unnecessarily difficult. In response the government told the children as a whole that those unwilling to cooperate would be disbanded from the program and sent elsewhere to undergo treatment in a special facility for their original conditions.

This was a lie.

In all reality, anyone unwilling to bend to their will was broken; by taking those children to another facility and disabling the chip. The result of that? The sudden halt of the neurochemicals production rendered the hosts' abilities useless, and sent the children into such severe withdrawal from the chemical that they died very quickly, and very violently.

In the present now, sixteen years after everyone was given the chip, there are quite a bit fewer experiments compared to the numbers at the beginning of it all. It doesn’t matter though, since the government is now moving forward with Phase 3.

~Phase 3~

It’s nothing new to know that the United States government is trillions of dollars in debt. But when there’s a will to get back on top, there’s a way. This way came in the form of the opportunity to monetize these experiments. How? This year the government is making fiction a reality; and is about to set the stage for the world's first superheroes. If successful, and society comes to accept and see the heroes' as a source of protection, it’s only a matter of time before other governments may aspire to have the same thing. Therefore the government has the future idea of “loaning” superheroes to other nations, and thus creating an industry that will bring them out of debt, and generate serious income, while still holding the rights and only means to produce the chips; which takes quite a lengthy amount of time to manufacture.

A disaster orchestrated by the government is set to occur in two days, and you are among the small group hand picked to pave the path for future superheroes. You are in complete, or nearly complete, control of your abilities, and have been determined to be qualified enough to handle what would be coming with this new era. Whether you’re excited, nervous, doubtful of success, or anything really, your fate has been chosen, and you are set to leave the home you’ve known for sixteen years to be moved to another base in San Diego, California to await your first mission. If you succeed, you’ve got a bright future ahead of you. If you don’t, well let’s just say you don’t want to find out what happens if you fail.

Edited at June 11, 2022 01:03 AM by Valorous

Former Pack

Neutral

Give Award

Notes:

If you read through all that, congratulations! Keep reading to learn more.

Your character would have grown up in a relatively positive environment, so there wasn’t the typical “abusive and cruel scientists” thing going on. The worst was probably experiments being jerks to other experiments, but they’re all literally a bunch of children, so a bit of hazing I presume is to be expected.

Each experiment had its own room at the Jackson base, with minimal things, but enough to make it tailored to an individual. Below ground is where the training and development of abilities took place, and above ground is where things such as the cafeteria and housing were located. At the San Diego base the experiments will be given a little more leeway. Instead of living inside of the base, they’ll live a small distance away still on what’s monitored government property, but within their own apartment complex basically. Roommates could be a thing, but I feel like that would be something to establish as a group decision in a discussion thread once this gets going.

While yes, the characters do have pretty much immunity to all disease, that does not mean they have immunity from injury. Due to the neurochemical though, they heal at a slightly faster than average rate. Unless the character’s actual ability is focused around rapid injury healing, don’t expect more than slightly faster healing times.

The disaster set to happen is vague for now, but those who are accepted will get to know and collaborate more on that in a discussion. The RP will start with your characters finishing packing what they desire to bring (if anything depending on the character), or even saying goodbye to a close friend or two before moving to the terminal to take off. The group of chosen experiments will vary in age (the oldest possible being 25, and the youngest possible being 19). It’s possible the characters might be aware of who each other are from living in the same place for so long, but prior friendships and such can be concretely determined later.

There is a picked leader of the group (portrayed by me) and while it is very much insisted upon by the character's overseers that they follow most of the leader’s command, the leader's word isn’t always final. The leader was picked to more so guide the team in a way that aligned with the government's idea of the team's external portrayal to the world as well as try to keep the team working efficiently and together. There is no set second-in-command or anything, since the group is encouraged to find a flow of otherwise equality as they work through this new territory together. This does not mean the characters are expected to always be buddy-buddy with everyone, but when it matters, they are expected to get along or the government may just replace them with a hero better fit for the team.

The future of this RP has the potential for more superheroes circulated in later, the characters dealing with government corruption and pretty much being on a leash at a length of their 'handlers' choosing, missions that are either natural or government orchestrated, developing a superhero persona may even be in the works, and of course, society processing the reality of superheroes and whether or not to accept them. This starts small, but if this picks up and stays going, there is a lot of potential!

This was originally a 1x1 plot, or even fit to be a 1x1x1, not a large group RP. However, I’ve decided to give a small group RP a chance. If there’s little interest but still a person or two wanting to go through with this, it can be easily adjusted to us just playing multiple characters. Though for now, as stated in the rules, I’ll limit it to 2 characters per person.

Edited at June 11, 2022 01:32 AM by Valorous
Ready Or Not|| Semi-Lit to Lit|| OpenJune 10, 2022 08:50 PM

Former Pack

Neutral

Give Award

Rules:

• All WP rules apply

• Limit of two characters per person
  • Reserves last 48 hours, though of course if you think you need more time, just ask
  • This isn’t necessarily first come first serve, I’ll just accept characters as they come that I think will do well in this RP, and the future of it

• Keep it PG-13; cussing is fine as long as it isn’t crazily excessive. Kissing, hugging, hand holding, and things of that nature romance wise are fine as well, but anything more will be a big ‘no-no’

• LGBTQ+ is both allowed and accepted, anyone who has a problem with that is free to not sign-up

• Character drama is encouraged, because the more drama the better, but OOC drama will not be tolerated

• Please be active; I don’t expect daily, or even weekly posts, but once a month should be do-able for this. If not, of course just talk to me and we’ll work something out. Do NOT join just to quit, or go inactive. Communication is key!

• This is preferably Literate, but the better end of Semi-Lit is accepted. At the very least I expect 300 words, but feel free to do much more. Writer's block is obviously understandable, it happens to the best of us!

• Decent grammar as well please! Typos and small mistakes happen to everyone, but I don’t want to have to constantly guess at everything you type up

• Even with this RP, let’s try to not have OP characters. Stronger abilities are welcomed, but no omnipotence or Superman knockoffs. As well, let's try not to have repeats of the same ability.

• Hate the character, not the player

• Ask permission before seriously injuring a character

• May add more if I see fit. . .

*Not really a rule but rather a preference; if you have questions (since it’s likely I forgot to address a thing or two), PM me instead of clogging the thread! I won’t decline a character or anything if you do post a question here though, but PMing me with questions is highly preferred*

Edited at June 12, 2022 11:35 AM by Valorous
Ready Or Not|| Semi-Lit to Lit|| OpenJune 10, 2022 08:50 PM

Former Pack

Neutral

Give Award

Character Masterlist:

Lead Hero: (1/1)

Deacon Beckett/Male/23/Illusion Projection/Portrayed By Me

The Rest (2/4-8)

Sorry for no fancy titles, though you can feel free to assign your character a ‘role’. For example, the group nerd, the angsty one, etc.

Lola Vidale/Female/20/Ability Mimicry/Portrayed By Me

Ariana Maria Isabella Di Grazzia/Female /20/Heat-Fire Manipulation/Portrayed By Winter Stars

Name/Gender/Age/Ability/Portrayed By … (Reserved for Fangsoffire)

Name/Gender/Age/Ability/Portrayed By …

Name/Gender/Age/Ability/Portrayed By …

~~~

Character Sheet:

(Feel free to add more if you wish or tailor it to your liking, but the below information is required)

Full Name:

Nickname(s):

Sexuality:

Diagnosed Disease/Condition:

Appearance:

(At least two paragraphs, but more would be nice)

Personality:

(At least two paragraphs, and again, more would be nice)

Ability:

(Please be a bit in depth with how it works, limitations, etc.)

Strengths:

(Try to keep even with weaknesses)

Weaknesses:

Edited at June 12, 2022 08:43 PM by Valorous
Ready Or Not|| Semi-Lit to Lit|| OpenJune 11, 2022 01:52 AM

Former Pack

Neutral

Give Award

~Deacon Beckett~

{Name Meaning: Servant, Messenger}

“There’s doing the right thing and there’s doing the wrong thing. I prefer to do my own thing.”

Nickname(s):

DC

Male

Sexuality:

Heterosexual

Luck was not in Deacon’s favor as a youth whatsoever. It was actually an accident that severely injured his spine that became the root of his troubles. His parents at the time didn’t think it was that severe, and assumed it would “eventually heal”, so they didn’t take him to a doctor despite the clear severity. A few days of constant screaming and crying, as well as Deacon’s inability to walk now, his parents got sick of it and finally took him to an ER. It was the lack of care and ignorance of the severity of not taking Deacon into the doctor until it was too late that cost him the ability to walk. Deacon was four years old at the time, where doctors determined neglect led to the severity of his condition, and he was given to the state of Washington. Steroid shots ensued to try and aid the paralysis, which he remembers as being highly painful. It was 3 years later he was then “adopted” at age 7 and taken to the place that granted him the ability to walk again.

~~~

Appearance:

Deacon is easily passed off as an individual fairing on the barely above average spectrum appearance wise. He physically fronts a diamond shaped face that possesses a higher and more defined set of cheekbones. It’s a face that is completely clean shaven, and he keeps it this way at all times. It’s really only his eyes that could be regarded as ‘standing out’ compared to the rest of his features. These eyes are a vibrant periwinkle with softer brown flecks within them around the iris. Framed by a thinner but dark set of lashes, his eye type is best described as slightly hooded. While his eyes do typically convey the majority of his emotions, the crow lines at the corner of his eyes indicate he probably smiles more than he should. Above are eyebrows that are, well, averagely thick with a faint arch to them. The straight structure and slope of Deacon’s nose is also no exception to his apparent mediocrity. In addition, the lips that form the multitude of smiles and smirks are that of a soft shade of rose and possess a slight resting downturn to them. Now, Deacon's hair is something he prefers to put pride into. With the root and primary color being his natural deep oak color, it flows into a dusty blonde to give it -at least what he considers- an attractive ombre contrast. It’s a bit shorter along the sides while the top is long enough for him to slick back. When it’s not fashioned to be in that preferred look, the top typically has a more untamed and ruffled look to it.

Standing at a respectable 6”2, Deacon’s somewhat above average height also tends to reflect his above average ego influx. That alone is evident with his confident and straight posture, and a small pep in each step. His primary build is a bit more triangular; starting with broader shoulders and dwindling down to his more narrow set hips. Deacon is someone that doesn’t have an insanely muscular build, but he does maintain and keep a presence of muscle on his arms, legs, and core. If he didn’t have that -average- muscle to him he would honestly be on the verge of having a more Jack Skellington type build to him. It’s a little bit of an exaggeration, but he would be pretty thin. His body isn’t littered with many marks other than a few less than honorable stories to go along with a few of his more defined scars. The most prominent and story worthy of those scars being along his spine from where he would receive steroid shots for his former paralysis. Deacon's hands are a bit softer than those of a heavy working man, since he has never actually done any grueling physical labor with his hands. Deacon’s skin tone is that of a duller ivory; meaning it isn’t blindingly white, nor is it a sickly look. . . just average.

Attire wise, Deacon is a man who dresses based on his general mood. If he’s feeling better about himself than usual; something along the lines of a tighter white T-shirt and red leather jacket with stone washed jeans is his go-to. If he’s feeling mellow; usually a baggier shirt and sweats. It’s not uncommon to see him in an open hoodie with no shirt underneath and pants varying between different types of jeans and sweats though. He dresses for himself basically, not to impress those around him. Looking too formal is both unnatural and uncomfortable, and looking unkept is just gross. The one thing that never changes with his style is his shoes; always sneakers. Always. Like girls with an obsession with different styles of high heels, that’s Deacon with sneakers.

Personality:

Contrary to his more ordinary appearance, Deacon’s personality is quite exceptional. Not suffocatingly strong, but one that leaves its mark in the space he’s in. It’s his more reasonable and charismatic nature that generally makes him a person that’s easy to be around. Pridefully he could consider himself fairly balanced in terms of temperament, ego, and ideals. Of course the scales tip further on one end of the spectrum every now and then, but being perfect is too exhausting of a goal to maintain in his eyes. Instead, he wears his entire self out loud. If Deacon doesn’t just straight out say what’s on his mind or states his opinion, then all you have to do is ask. This makes him a considerably open and honest person most of the time. While he won’t always be insensitively blunt with others, if someone is of particular annoyance to him he has no problem being politely snarky. It’s actually the well mannered but back handed comments that make it more insulting, but it can also be difficult to attack him for it because they come across so deceivingly civil.

Deacon also has the ability to be such a graceful liar that it can make heads spin. He prefers honesty, but where lies are needed, lies there will be. It almost makes him two faced, but believe it or not it is usually never fueled by malicious intentions. If anything, he lies so fabulously out of what he may consider to be protection. Some people can’t handle the truth, some people shouldn’t know the whole truth. . . and those are his primary ideals behind lying. When it comes to people Deacon is accepting and always respectful up front. There are not many judgmental bones in his body unless you’re really pushing on making a bad impression with him. It’s rather easy for Deacon to insert himself into most crowds as well beings he usually finds a way to relate to everyone. In some ways more than others. Plus, it’s not just his lies that are as fluid as water, his manner of speech is usually highly articulated without him having to put too much effort into it. His casual manner of speech is filled with less attractive words than his formal speech, but it still possesses a light charm to it.

Deacon doesn’t actually consider himself a natural born leader due to the fact that the weight of the title feels almost restricting. However, he does actually hold several qualities that contradict his views on himself. Deacon’s faith is placed more into individuals and their potential, which makes him naturally more in tune with seeing the better side of everyone. Small insertions of inspiration and build ups is what he may offer from time to time with people he sees struggling, but he has a little trouble diving deep into hearty conversations. Encouraging is something he can be, but he has a small habit of expressing disappointment when he sees individuals not applying themselves to the level of greatness he believes they have.

Instead of being a rather boisterous person, Deacon holds a more calm demeanor to him. When things like ambition and passion are sparked within him though he can be a bit more animated. Paired with being a more optimistic person, Deacon is still very realistic. That’s the side of him responsible for preferring calculated decisions and risks, but even he knows circumstances that can change on the dime may rely more on impulsive actions. In this way Deacon is fairly adaptive to many situations. That adaptability leaves him to be less bull headed when it comes to his decision making. Being overly stubborn isn’t much in his nature unless it’s for what he believes is the right cause. Sure, he makes mistakes, and he’ll admit it too. However when he really applies his belief into something there’s not much of a chance that he’ll back down.

Heavy conflict is something Deacon believes is fully avoidable if things are handled correctly, so he is definitely someone that tries to keep tension to a minimum wherever he may be. Communication is a skill he encourages others to embrace, though there isn’t a lot that’s considered to be forceful about Deacon’s character. In fact, he's more of someone that makes suggestions, and leaves an individual to choose whether or not to follow that suggestion. Choice is an entity he firmly believes in, and no matter any situation, he believes there’s always a choice to be made. He can’t say he always makes the right one in the moment but he can say he does his best. With that being said he doesn’t fault others or shame them for making poor choices unless it deliberately is intended to do more harm than good.

There is a bit more pride than humility to Deacon as one may pick up on. Then again he thinks too humble of individuals are more inclined to be unnecessarily apologetic, incapable of standing up for themselves and others, as well as being viewed as a bit of a pushover. While he doesn’t judge those who are more humble than he, it’s just not a trait he would allow himself to practice heavily. It makes him appear a bit cocky, which isn’t a wrong observation, but he isn’t drunk on pride or arrogance in any way.

Along with Deacon’s snarky nature he tends to express a witty and sarcastic essence to him. Well placed remarks or puns are something he tends to relay when he deems them fit. Sarcasm is both how he tends to be playful with others, but he can also channel that sarcasm into expressing irritation. Deacon probably isn’t always the brainiest in the room, but he is fairly intelligent, which is seen through some of his sharper and witty remarks as well as his brief but thoughtful responses. It would actually take a lot to push Deacon to the point of being angry enough to evolve from snarky comments since he’s so slow to anger. However, his genuinely angry side isn’t a very pretty side. It changes his entire persona into something worth fearing when he unleashes it. All the more reason he has been feverishly worked with as a youth to suppress and channel that anger healthily when he feels he’s on the verge of a war path. Another somewhat alarming side to Deacon is when he gets pushed to a point that leads him to believe some people need. . . to be reminded of their place. Or rather, he believes some people need to be viciously removed from their high horse. That belief paired with even a small hint of rage is a very dangerous combination when it comes to what he’s capable of and willing to do.

Ability:

Illusion Projection

When Deacon first began to exhibit signs of being able to conjure things that weren’t really there, it was noted that his ability was highly unstable and possible to have a wide array of potential. As he was watched and worked with through a variety of emotions over the course of several years, two things were made evident; his ability can be heavily influenced by strong emotions, and they prey on deceiving others' senses.

Sight:

When Deacon conjures an illusion to mess with the sense of sight, he is using a very strong use of focus to channel the illusion into being believable and completely realistic. While first learning his ability he was able to start with simple things; duplicating items, weaving an illusion of invisibility over still items, and conjuring items in spaces it didn’t actually exist in. Over time, his ability in terms of capability has grown immensely. Now Deacon is capable of creating the illusion of people, making himself or others look different, concealing himself or others in apparent invisibility, changing a persons entire view of where they are, and he even has nailed creating places and things of complete fantasy. He is bound by his own imagination when it comes to deceiving with sight, as well as focus. While his illusions are so vivid and perfect that they are perceived as reality, if his focus is broken, so is the illusion. It’s the most strenuous part of his ability, and the more complex and large scale the illusion, the more difficult it becomes for him to keep the antic up, but also to keep it looking realistic. Headaches of varying severity are the most common side effect, but exhausting himself completely in all areas of his ability can lead to his eyes streaming a few drops of blood, or in more severe cases, unconsciousness.

Touch:

The illusion of touch is something that can be a little tricky, since the most authentic illusions of touch he can cast are ones he has felt himself, though he can experiment a bit with this. With that being said, the easier illusions are things like wrist grabbing, warmth, cold, and even giving something like a rock the illusion of feeling as soft as fur. Deacon is also very capable of making others feel pain with something like paper cuts, stab wounds (don’t ask how he learned to make that feeling authentic), and other types of physical pain. While this isn’t necessarily touching, Deacon can give the illusion of internal sensations such as throbbing migraines, or the sense that your heart is beating so rapidly it hurts. The greatest limitation of this is that if his target(s) become greatly aware that what they are feeling isn’t real, whatever he’s making them feel becomes tolerable to the point the target(s) can overcome that sensation. Feeling it may still be uncomfortable depending on the illusion, but it will not be very hindering.

Smell:

This is pretty self explanatory; he can conjure the illusion of smell. This is strictly limited by things he has smelt before though. He can pair this illusion with another though; like the smell of gasoline before he gives the illusion that something is on fire.

Taste:

Also self explanatory, and also limited to things he has tasted before.

Sound:

While similar to taste and smell, the only difference when it comes to his illusions preying on sound is that he can -in a way- combine and create new sounds. It’s almost like layering a few different sounds as done in things like songs or movies. The sounds he produces can be voices to match the illusion of people, music, screaming, water, wind, etc..

Deacon’s ability is *mostly* controlled. Like it was first noted however, a very strong sense of emotion can influence this ability. If something like anger were to trigger him, he may -possibly involuntarily- lash out at someone and give the illusion of some aspect of pain. While this happened a few times when he was a bit younger, he has a steadier grip on controlling both his emotions and ability. The illusion of emotions is something he can’t directly do; his illusions can only influence a person’s emotion. For example if he were to create something truly horrifying like shadow creatures crawling on ceilings. . . that might leave a person to be pretty fearful of something that isn’t there. So it can influence, but he can’t actually mess directly with emotion.

Experimenting with his ability/getting into rare and light mischief (who wouldn’t do a smidge of trickery from time to time for simple fun?)

Being around people

Music; mostly songs he feels a connection to

People Watching

Sleeping; if he could he would nap several times a day

Dislikes:

Loud and/or obnoxious sounds and people

Bright clothing

Bright lights

People lacking a sense of humor

Anyone who dares touch his hair

Strengths:

Leadership (whether he realizes it or not)

Vivid Illusions

Adaptability

Generally positive

Being mindful of his and others emotions

Weaknesses:

Most forms of combat (he relies a lot on his ability, though he could be considered a bit more than novice when it comes to hand-to-hand)

Unpredictable when he loses his temper

Lies more often than he lets on

Not always a great listener

Not always patient

Backstory:

Nicely put, the only thing good that came from Deacon’s parents procreating was him. They did not deserve a child in the slightest sense due to their general lack of care, love, attention, the list goes on. The fact he even survived for longer than a few months in their care is a miracle in itself. Deacon doesn’t actually remember much about his parents, but he does remember one thing. The accident. He has NEVER spoken about what happened then, nor will he ever disclose that information. As far as anyone knows, he just doesn’t remember. It stops people from pushing, but don’t expect to ever hear that story.

The sixteen years he spent in the base were actually fairly enjoyable for Deacon. Some days were definitely harder than others, especially when it came time to start to find and push his abilities boundaries, but there was no direct cruelty in those moments. The worst he fared were a few outbursts with other children, and the occasional lectures. The primary scientist assigned to Deacon, as he was told, was one of two assigned to the more unstable abilitied children. Instead of being treated like a test subject, Dr. Nicolette was more of a mothering figure in Deacon’s life as well as her other assigned children. She did have to be a bit firm and clear that she was not their mother or guardian, but she full heartedly had the best intentions and aspirations for them all in mind. From what Deacon had come to know, every scientist assigned to their group of children took different approaches to interactions; some were admittedly a bit less warm, but never cruel.

For a long time Deacon could have been considered a curious boy who asked many, many questions to whomever would answer. Though recently is when he decided asking questions he didn’t really want the answers to would be in his best interest.

~~~

What’s in it for you, you know, with us?” Deacon asked the government official that had pitched the idea of being one of the world’s first Heroes.

A lot. My question as to whether you would accept being the designated lead of this group wasn’t rhetorical though. So I ask again; do you agree?” The official stated with a colder tone. Deacon took only a second to ponder the question before asking another one of his own.

What happens if I don’t?” Deacon asked respectfully, though he was fishing for an honest answer.

Refuse and you’ll be another ordinary cripple still relying on government funded programs to get you by until you inevitably succumb to complications and die of your defect. So you can be a pathetically mediocre citizen, or you can be great. Your choice.” The official responded, though his tone was far more impatient. Deacon was not expecting that level of honesty, or that harsh of an answer which he reflected through his moderately baffled expression.

I accept.” Deacon said hesitantly, which seemed to be all the official wanted to hear since now he forced a small smile.

“Fantastic. I’ll notify the others’ handlers. You’re set to leave in less than 48 hours, when you arrive at your destination you’ll get your orders.” The official explained in a hurried fashion before turning on his heels and walking with a determined step elsewhere. It was that exact moment Deacon wasn’t so sure he wanted to ask those men in suits many questions; since that altered a bit of his perception on the heads of this all. He should be grateful though, right? In a way Deacon was, although that didn’t replace the sense of anxiousness.

~~~

~Lola Vidale~

{Name Meaning: Lady of Sorrows}

People like causing problems, they just don’t like resistance.”

Nickname(s):

Lolly

Female

Sexuality:

Demisexual

Norrie Disease is what Lola came fresh out the womb with. She was blind before birth, but she had no hope of ever seeing the world. Lola was 2 years old when her family, bound by poverty, couldn't keep up with the optometrists, and other varying specialists, and therapies. . . it was all too much money. Her parents willingly surrendered her to the state of Ohio knowing she would receive the care she needed in their hands. Lola underwent her medical issues while being shifted around through various foster families, until the day came where she was “adopted” at 4 years old. Lola didn’t even know what a human face looked like; just what it felt like. When the chip was inserted into her, it took a week before her eyes were repaired and she could see the world around her. It was fairly overwhelming for some time, but she managed to adjust over time, and can now see and experience the world just like every other 'normal' person.

Appearance:

There is a beauty to Lola that is best described as ‘dark’. She’s no cover model, and certainly no delicate looking doll. However she does possess curves, a face that sings with simple enchantment, and an ever present aura of longing that makes her in herself attractive. Her face is that of a subtle oval with a set of defined cheekbones to add a flare of definition to her soft jawline and rounded chin. A piercing sterling gray is the primary color of her eyes, although in her left is a dark brown that takes up nearly half the color in her eye. It’s considered to be a birthmark, although Lola considers it to be a reminder of how she’s different. Just above her eyes are a thinner set of highly defined and angled brows which are just naturally that way rather than her plucking or anything to maintain the thinness. She possesses a more pointed nose with an otherwise straight bridge. The lips that are either always held in a straight line or a bitter smile contain a slight pout to go along with their natural medium toned pink hue. From those lips comes a voice that’s a soft yet chilling sound. It’s an octave or two higher than the average girl, but it’s oddly fitting. Lola’s natural color of hair is a soft strawberry blonde, but currently it's dyed a shade of white comparable to freshly fallen snow. There is a natural subtle wave with evident volume to her hair that falls to her mid back, although you’re more likely to see her with her hair styled in a fishtail braid, or put up into a messy bun. If she feels up to it, Lola may add a touch of dazzling hair clips and a very light and natural looking addition of makeup, but she has to be in a particular mood for that to happen.

Lola stands confidently at a height of 5” 8, which makes her somewhat intimidating along with her steady cold stares. In contrast with her aloof demeanor, her skin is a shade of a warmer olive with medium undertones. It looks more like she’s constantly slightly sun kissed with a soft tan actually. It’s rather rare to see her in a relaxed stance, which could make her appear a little rigid when she’s still. That observation is highly misleading though since she is a very agile and swift female. Her body is above averagely toned, which helps to show how often she labors her body into being what is. Well, a higher metabolism helps too. It’s pretty clear her figure though does not support a woman capable of brute strength, but rather great flexibility and the ability to turn on a dime. She still holds a light hourglass figure that is really just her natural body type, no matter how hard she has tried to make herself perfectly proportional. Like most of the children that took an interest in knife and sword play, she has a variety of thin clean scars, with the exception of a few more jagged ones, along her arms, legs and even torso. The scar that stands out the most on Lola -the one she despises- is one going over the normal eye she had once lovingly admired. A misstep in fencing and a bad swing from the hands of her sparring partner left the straight slice over her eye to be forever imprinted onto her. It doesn’t stand out drastically, but it is without a doubt there.

Lola is someone that dresses in a multitude of ways. It depends more on the goals she sets for herself that day. If she’s hell bent on spending her day training herself to be able to hold her own, a sports bra and thin capri leggings is what she sports. When she feels the need to dress nicer, typically she can be seen in some kind of darker colored blouse and jeans, or a dress that falls just below her knees. Casually; the baggier the better. Lola actually has quite the wardrobe though, so she’s capable of pulling off and wearing a variety of looks. Shoe wear usually consists of converse and running shoes, though every now and then she enjoys strutting in a few styles of heels.

Personality:

Lola can be regarded as a bit complex, but she would much rather be that than predictable. There is a light bitterness to her when it comes to the desire of being nothing more than normal. . . but she knows that’s not exactly a card in her deck. It’s that hopeless longing that has contributed to turning her this way though, so she’s just become accustomed to it being a crushing weight she carries within herself. Lola would have been happy as a woman living a simple life somewhere surrounded by nature away from other human beings, but she’s learned people hardly get what they want in life.

By default Lola is a rather abrasive person; not necessarily apathetic, but constantly surrounding herself with others' problems and feelings is just draining and quite frankly, annoying. For those more sensitive and faint of heart, Lola may not be among your first pick to be around. Honestly, she doesn’t care enough to be first pick anyway since her more dominant stature leads her to follow her own rhythm. At the expense of others from time to time admittedly. She packs just the right amount of intensity to not only be taken seriously, but to be someone that can easily become a person whose threats should be feared. When she says she’s going to do something threatningly, oh, she’s making a promise that she is hellbent on following through with. Can you blame her though? She’s become accustomed to walking among men with egos over compensating for their bird sized. . . manhood, so someone needs to settle the playing field. She doesn’t have a problem per say with men in general, but she will go out of her way to spark a war path with one who thinks he’s above everyone else. As one will come to know, Lola is highly opinionated and will argue her point with nothing short of cutthroat words and undeniable facts. If what she says hurts a person's feelings, then they become an object of pathetic pity in her eyes. ‘Cruel’ is a term she’s been called a time or two, though she would prefer spicy if anything.

While she doesn’t seem the type capable of much good, she’s just a very driven person willing to do what’s needed. Bold and blunt go hand in hand with Lola, which makes her pretty unforgettable no matter which side of her you meet. Good friends are in short supply these days so Lola wears a very independent and distant front to her to weed out fake friends. Those who get to know her better see that she is definitely an armored individual when it comes to protecting her coveted sensitive nature. She’s someone that tends to silently struggle with self worth, but who has time to address such a silly thing? Certainly not Lola.

When her goals, friends, and things she feels a need to defend are threatened, she turns very combative. She hardly needs an ability to fight her battles though as her words are sure to be laced in venom and tear someone apart from the inside out. Aside from words, her intelligence-fueled manipulative actions are sure to tear down any foundation she intends to knock down. She is capable of so much graceful malice that it can easily be regarded as badass. So basically Lola isn’t afraid to step up to anyone no matter how ‘intimidating’, which is also a bit of her stubborn and ferocious qualities at play.

Now for being understood as quite the character, Lola’s friendlier side is as follows. Her loyalty knows no bounds when it comes to people she lets in, but only the ones willing to work past her issues and habit of pushing people away. Being a bit playful through humoristic sarcasm and enticing friends into having a good time is how she expresses her warmth. She is a person that one can be real with, and right back she’ll be just as real with them. Being competitive is something one should expect to see when she’s really having fun as well. Emotionally she can be a bit insensitive, but she does try to be a little more empathetic and caring when someone really needs it from her. One could say a few relationships that have crashed and burned -in blazing infernos- have also contributed to her ruthless nature to avoid getting hurt again. She can’t say she’s much of a romantic since she has an odd way of expressing love, but she has yet to completely abandon the idea. That doesn’t mean love from a partner though, perhaps one day she might find an endless supply from a cat. Or her plants.

Ability:

Ability Mimicry

Simply put, Lola’s power is mimicking the abilities of those around her. However skilled the original user of the ability will be how skilled Lola is with the ability. It’s kind of nice if you ask her since who she mimics put in the hard work of controlling the ability. How this works is that Lola is capable of reproducing the energy and control embedded within the abilities, since they all carry their own kind of unique energy stamp to them.

The greatest limitation to this is that she cannot mimic someone who hasn’t used their power in over a day. Otherwise the ability to replicate the energy isn’t possible. It’s a little complicated to explain how she reads and manipulates the energy, but it happens flawlessly within seconds. At most she can only take on and mimic two abilities at one time, three or more results in consequences that take quite the heavy toll on her body and mind.

Plants; particularly poisonous or carnivorous plants, but she loves them all very deeply

Controlled chaos

Storms; the more violent the more alluring to her

Rule bending (sometimes breaking)

Dislikes:

Men with egos that soar higher than the empire state building

Being underestimated

Being different

Backstabbers

Strengths:

Wielding knives and swords

Manipulation

Fearless

Loyal

Weaknesses:

Physical strength

Empathy; it’s borderline non-existent

Self-loathing

Blunt/Foul-mouthed

Backstory:

There’s not much Lola is willing to share. If she could have anything in the world it would be to live in a green house in the middle of nowhere surrounded by murderous plants. An odd dream, but one she romanticizes about often. People are typically a source of disappointment for her for some time, but she used to be a bit more of a ‘heart on the sleeve’ kind of girl.

Relationships for Lola have always ended badly. The first steady one was physical in the worst way, which is where her dislike and mistrust for men started. The second she tried on a female she once considered a friend, though some people just can’t help but to be the scorpion on the frog’s back. The third, and most recent, well she might have ruined a soft hearted guy to deflect all of the wrong that was done to her. Oops. She’s not very interesting if you were to ask her, so truly, there’s not much to share.

Edited at June 12, 2022 08:35 PM by Valorous
Ready Or Not|| Semi-Lit to Lit|| OpenJune 11, 2022 07:33 PM

Former Pack

Neutral

Give Award
This is now open; feel free to post.^^
Ready Or Not|| Semi-Lit to Lit|| OpenJune 11, 2022 10:20 PM

Inferno Abyss

Lightbringer

Give Award
Are we allowed to make reservations? If so, reserve one slot for me ^-^
Ready Or Not|| Semi-Lit to Lit|| OpenJune 11, 2022 11:18 PM

Inferno Abyss

Lightbringer

Give Award

Full Name:

Kaiser Chetan

Nickname(s):

Kai

Male

Sexuality:

Heterosexual

Kai was born with Aphasia. Unable to speak or even vocalize, he was quite the quiet child. His mother died in childbirth of him but the doctor took him through surgery for a good year to attempt to allow him to speak. Soon proven that it couldn't be done, he was sent back to the town where his mother had died. And so he spent majority of 3 years with his father. As someone who had no desire to take care of a child, Kai was soon cast out to fend for himself on the streets. At the age of 6, he was found by the scientists and underwent the process with the chip. Although he got his voice and the ability to speak, he does not speak very often, distancing himself from everyone.

Appearance:

(At least two paragraphs, but more would be nice)

Kaiser is one that can be easily forgotten about if your not thinking about him or focusing on him. Kai is as skinny as a twig with long arms and legs. While he is skinny, that doesn't necessarily mean that he looks weak. Like an average human, he simply looks like he could grow into his long legs. He stands at roughly 5"6 feet tall although sometimes it seems he is smaller with his hood up.

Kaiser is very simple and likes it that way. With a normal oval shaped face, nothing stands out except for his eyes. His sharp, sapphire colored eyes stand out with his clothes and ultimately, his face and hair. Probably the only color you will see in his attire other than black. With slim eyebrows, his left eye is normally hidden in his hair.

His hair is uniquely cut where it doesn't come past the ears on the sides but covers one side of his face when he pushes it to that side. Mainly covering the left side, it hides a small knife scar cutting from the corner of his eyebrow to halfway down his cheek towards his ear. His hair usually gets tossed to the side and never looks like it was fully combed (which of course, it wasn't). The color of his hair is a beautiful jet black although will only be seen by the group.

Onto the attire. Kai wears charcoal, dark grey and simply black clothing. This relates to his power in a way but also lets people around him easily forget that he's there or important. Jeans are usually the wear as he seldom wears shorts, no matter how hot it is. A t-shirt covered with an old black jacket is usually what he wears. The jacket was the only belonging he still had from his mother who was supposedly a biker in her days. He had cut off the buttons and replaced them with a zipper. In crowds, he keeps the hood up, slipping into side alleys whenever he can.

Sneakers is his best friend as is his pocketknife. Even though its tiny and not allowed out of his dorm most times, its the one thing he has from his father. The knife is barely as long as his hand and mainly used to cut up his meals when he's allowed to eat in his room.

Personality:

(At least two paragraphs, and again, more would be nice)

Kai is a unique man to say the least. Yes, he can be friendly but it depends on what you say. Granted, he doesn't speak very often mainly out of habit but he can be quite hard to understand without words. He mainly uses his body language to speak, pointing and nodding but that doesn't quite compare to his personality in itself. He speaks very little, maybe one or two sentences, four if your lucky. Four is a speech to him.

Kai is the opposite of social. He hates crowds and talking to people.

WIP

Ability:

(Please be a bit in depth with how it works, limitations, etc.)

WIP

Strengths:

(Try to keep even with weaknesses)

WIP

Weaknesses:

WIP

Edited at June 17, 2022 11:37 PM by Fangsoffire
Ready Or Not|| Semi-Lit to Lit|| OpenJune 12, 2022 11:27 AM

Former Pack

Neutral

Give Award
I knew I forgot to add something.. yes, reservations are allowed, so I'll reserve a spot or you.^^

Fangsoffire said:
Are we allowed to make reservations? If so, reserve one slot for me ^-^

Forums > Roleplay > Sign-Ups
   1    2 

Refresh

Copyright ©2013-2024 Go Go Gatsby Designs, LLC    All Rights Reserved
Terms Of Use  |   Privacy Policy   |   DMCA   |   Contact Us