Wolf Play : Rebels Arisen | Fantasy RP | Open
Chatbox
 Hugs4Bugs
12:32:40 Ed (he/they)
As a SD handler myself, I get it. My boy will be retiring soon, and I'm planning to apply for a CCI dog to take his place in a couple years. I'm 23, and I still live with my parents; bringing it up can be tough, but you've got this. Just take a deep breath and go for it. <3
 Hugs4Bugs
12:26:39 Ed (he/they)
I say go for it

The fact that you're considering a SD in the first place means you think it can make a huge difference in your life and independence.

Sure, like you said, she could say "no," but she can't say no forever. You're an adult, and I'm sure that even if it doesn't work out now, you can pursue this option later or bring it up again at strategic moments.
Since it sounds like you're planning to apply for a program dog, there are a lot of little arguments you can make to help push her to a "yes" as well:
long wait times (so this dog won't be coming home for ___ amount of time), lifetime support from the program itself, etc.
 AppleTrees
12:24:43 Apples
You got this Dish! We believe in ya! :D
 TheFlyingKitten
12:23:59 Petri Dish/Sorceress
@Apple

I suppose. Alright, I'll try my damndest and hope for the best!
 AppleTrees
12:20:18 Apples
Dish, you don't need a speech to be confident, all you need is to trust yourself and take a deep breath and give it your all :]
 TheFlyingKitten
12:19:01 Petri Dish/Sorceress
@Ed

Just something to inspire confidence, maybe? I know the whole "The worst she can say is 'no'" thing is kinda overused, but maybe something along those lines anyway?
 Vulpixles
12:18:21 Pixie, Vul | ♈
Does anyone else ever get bored drawing your own characters so you start doing commissions but now you desperately want to draw your own characters but can't because you have too many commissions you need to do?
 Nightstalker
12:17:58 Blake
hmm- what do I do? The two alliances I'm in are in a battle.
 Hugs4Bugs
12:17:34 Ed (he/they)
speech*
wow, I spelled that way wrong
 Hugs4Bugs
12:17:13 Ed (he/they)
what kind of speah - the kind to give to your grandma, or?
 Hugs4Bugs
12:15:21 Ed (he/they)
Oooo, uhhh
 TheFlyingKitten
12:14:07 Petri Dish/Sorceress
Oof, I need someone to give me a rousing speech so I can get the confidence to ask my grandma if I can apply for a service dog. 20 and still nervous about this. :')
 Zeraphia
12:13:59 Vah the Ancient One
Ollie

Ooooh I love the fur texture!
 Hallow's Eve
12:13:34 Hallow, Eve
Ky

That's so true haha. I actually try to avoid work on sundays cause people are wild
 Zeraphia
12:13:22 Vah the Ancient One
:D

There's too many fighting poses to choose from honestly--
 Lazy Kingdom
12:13:10 Lazy, Crazy Cat Lady
Looking to do a laid back Rp, any topic will do :D! Please PM me!
 Faulty Demons
12:13:01 Ollie, Gold
Thoughts and constructive critism?
-Click-
 BJake
12:11:42 Don't call me BJ.
"Or a cool fighting pose" 😭🖐
Your replies are the best to look at I swear
 Zeraphia
12:09:53 Vah the Ancient One
BJake

That fancy sitting pose with a wine-glass in one hand? Just absolutely leaned back, the pose that says "I own everything"

Or a cool fighting pose
 AppleTrees
12:05:42 Apples
I need to get rid of some of my wolves to make space but they're all too important or parents :/

Refresh

You must be a registered member for more
than 1 day before you can use our chatbox.
Quests
Alliance Battles
Challenges

Hourly Damage Variances
Ermine : +5
Baboon : -5
Black Bear : -2
    Winter   Day  Weather:  Light Snow

Forums

→ Wolf Play is a fun game! Sign Up Now!

My Subscriptions
My Bookmarks
My Topics
Latest Topics
Following
Forums > Roleplay > Sign-Ups
   1    2    3    4 

Rebels Arisen | Fantasy RP | OpenFebruary 15, 2022 11:22 PM

Polly

Darkseeker

Give Award

Rebels Arisen

In the Kingdom of Arkivos, non-human entities lived among humans. There was something that could be described as an uneasy peace, a brief moment of prosperity, where glares would have to be shielded and insults whispered instead of yelled. The non-humans were finally on the brink of being accepted as people in the kingdom.

Until they weren't.

No one can really be sure what happened, no one really knows the exact day it started. But non-humans were being captured, and thrown into cells and being slaughtered. They were below the people once again, and, as always, they'd sheltered themselves back into hiding.

The kingdom overwhelmed them with sheer numbers and the surprise factor, populations lessening seemingly overnight.

This, of course, is where the rebellion comes in.

You see an issue, you have to stand up a fix it.

Right?

That's what the rebellion thinks. A group of those that believe if you see an issue, you must stand up and fix it.

But can they do enough? Is it too little too late?

Were they always too late?

My Co-Leads are, as always, Tenebris Umbra and Imperial Sands. They hold an equal authority to me, and can critique forms, accept forms, and deny forms. Treat them with the same respect that you would treat me with.

Links:

Sign-Ups: You Are Here

Discussion: N/A

RP Thread: N/A

Rebels Arisen | Fantasy RP | OpenFebruary 15, 2022 11:37 PM

Polly

Darkseeker

Give Award

Rules

RP Rules

1. All of Eve's rules, obviously.
2. Follow the guidelines set up for each species. Likewise, be original. If too may of one species is being made, I will lock it.
3. Again, questions--PM me. Do not clog up this thread with unnecessary talk.
5. Credit your images, or else I will not accept your character.
6. With images also, make sure they are uploaded to an acceptable image hosting site.
7. This is semi-literate. That means I require full sentences for appearance and personality (yes, even if you have an image for appearance. I need measurements and scars/things that aren't shown on the image). Hide your favorite color in a sentence in other.
8. This also means that you need at least 2 paragraphs, with at least 5 sentences per paragraph, per post per character, and acceptable grammar. I understand writers block, but we need something to reply to.
9. If you are fighting, allow others to reply, and do not dodge every hit, or land every hit.
10. Be active. At least one post per week, unless you give me a viable reason as to why you can't do that.
11. No godmoding, powerplaying etc.. None of that will be tolerated.
12. Don't have your character be "that guy". Don't have them constantly disobey orders, or constantly wander off--doing this sometimes is okay, but c'mon, really? It doesn't make you fun, it makes you annoying.
13. No instant-mates, or being mates with your own character. Put the missing number from the rules in other as well.
14. For the purpose of this RP, orphans will be allowed, but not too many of them.
15. We reserve the right to deny applications.
16. Three strikes and "you're out". Break three rules, and you will be removed. Get three warnings, and you will be removed. Likewise, if we have to tell you to fix your form three times, we reserve the right to deny your application.
17. No perfect characters!
18. Drama in the RP is encouraged, however, OOC (Out Of OC) drama will not be tolerated. If you have an issue, PM me, and I will sort it out.
19. Reservations last 48 hours!
20. There will be a Three Character Limit! If you want to have more than three characters, you must seek permission from me.
21. Do not have all of your character be high ranking characters.
22. Lastly, and most importantly, have fun!

The Rebellion Rules

1. No straying from camp unless told to or allowed to keep us all safe.
2. No associating with outside humans, we cannot be sure that they're to be trusted. This is a safety precaution.
3. All plans must be ran through the higher-ups before doing them.
4. Any misbehavior will be dealt with before it can endanger other members of the rebellion. Report all issues to your higher-ups.
5. Any suspiscious behavior will be investigated and looked into for our safety.
6. The word of your higher-ups is, essentially, law. To go against them is to put us all in danger.
Rebels Arisen | Fantasy RP | OpenFebruary 16, 2022 12:20 AM

Polly

Darkseeker

Give Award

Species Post

Species List

Elves
Dwarves
Shifters
Dryads
Adepts
Sorcerers
Humans

Species Descriptions

Elves
Basic Description:
Elves are typically known as the protectors of nature. If they didn't live with humans, they lived in the forests, among the plants and animals in safety. They're known as peaceful beings, known to attack only when attacked, turn aggressive only when provoked. Of course, there are outliers, there always are, but they are defenders more than attackers.

Due to this affinity with nature, elves have developed an ability to almost 'communicate' with the world around them. They are far more in-tune with animals, with nature, they see the signs that nature gives them before others and may even see things that others do not. Nature seems to be on their side, in a sense. The more time they spend with nature, the more affinity they have with it.

They're known for their pointed ears, defined features, tall height, sharp teeth and heightened senses. They look like animals as humans.
Lifespan:
200-300 Years.
Height:
5'8" Min. for Females, 5'10" Min. for Males.
The max is around 7'-7'6" feet.
Hair Color:
Any Natural Hair Color.
Eye Color:
Any Color.

Dwarves
Basic Description:
Dwarves are short and stocky creatures, known for their strong blows over their apparent lack of agility. They're known as miners, as blacksmiths, as strong, fearsome warriors. Think of them as miniature walking tanks, stocky and, in many cases, walls of muscle. They can't travel as fast as others, sure, but you can really only have one or the other.

Dwarves are surely the definition of broad and burly, they're slow, unable to move as quickly as other species, but they're one of the strongest, if not the strongest, species to exist. There are no slim dwarves, none of them are lean and agile, all dwarves are muscular creatures, but it does have its perks.

Dwarves are known for their "natural gift" with being blacksmiths, and some seem to have a naturally keen eye for jewels or jewellry.
Lifespan:
About 100 Years.
Height:
5' Max for Females, 5'2" Max. for Males.
The minimum is about 3 feet.
Hair Color:
Any Natural Color.
Eye Color:
Any Natural Color.

Shifters
Basic Description:
Shifters are 'humans' with an animal form. They can change into this animal form at will, although each shifter only has one animal. Their first time shifting will be extremely painful, but as they age and shift more, the pain, although still present, becomes something that they are used to.

All shifters have something about their human body that attaches themselves to their animal body. It won't be anything huge like a bird shifter having massive wings, or a snake shifter having poison fangs. It will be somewhat minor. It could be ears, a tail, their eyes, they could have sharper teeth. Things like that.

Shifters have heightened senses compared to normal humans, in correlation to their animal form. [An owl shifter isn't going to have an amazing sense of smell, but they might have amazing eyesight kind of thing.]
Lifespan:
Around 100 Years.
Height:
Any Normal Human Height.
Hair Color:
Any Normal Human Color.
Eye Color:
May Be Normal Human, or Correlate to Their Animal Counterpart.

Dryads
Basic Description:
Dryads have always been known as very close companions to the elves, being a part of nature in a similar way. They appear mostly human, although with some 'modifications' through mother nature. Their appearance often seems more plant-based, perhaps flora-colored hair, eyes the color of flower petals, things like that. They're normally peaceful people, living alongside a fellow peaceful species.

Dryads are often called 'healers', as almost all dryads are born with a natural affinity for healing, or a natural healing magic. Of course, the more they use it, the stronger it gets, like excercising a muscle. Experienced dryads can heal broken bones and potentially deadly injuries, but can never bring someone back from the dead.
Lifespan:
100-200 Years.
Height:
Any Normal Human Height.
Hair Color:
Any Natural Color, or a Plant-Based Color.
Eye Color:
Any Natural Color, or a Plant-Based Color.

Adepts
Basic Description:
Adepts are, in the shortest way possible, simply built different from humans. In most ways, they're just human. Their appearance, their stature, almost everything about them. Other than the fact that an adept may have golden or silver hair, golden or silver eyes, will have swirling patterns across their body of any color. Most importantly, these signs point towards one thing: someone born with magic.

Adepts don't need to learn magic, not like anyone else. They don't have to learn exact spells, their magic often knows what they want and does it. This can, however, be dangerous, as their magic can lash out or do things without them meaning to or do things they didn't want--hence, learning spells can be useful.

Spells come easier to them naturally than others, although they still need to learn recipes for potions and things.
Lifespan:
200-300 Years.
Height:
Any Human Height.
Hair Color:
Commonly Silver or Gold, May [Rarely] be a Natural Color.
Eye Color:
Commonly Silver or Gold, May [Rarely] be a Natural Color.

Sorcerers
Basic Description:
Sorcerers are humans that learned magic. They learned spells and/or potions, potentially both. They may be at any stage in their learning process, and are the only one that can hide among normal humans, as they look no different from other humans physically.
Lifespan:
200 Years.
[Magic has lengthened their lifespan.]
Height:
Any Normal Human Height.
Hair Color:
Any Normal Human Color.
Eye Color:
Any Normal Human Color.

Humans
Basic Description:
Well, humans are... humans. Nothing really to say in terms of stature or appearance. It's important to note that this is medieval times, so there's no piercings or odd hair colors here.
Lifespan:
Human Lifespan [So About 100 Years].
Height:
Any Human Height.
Hair Color:
Any Normal Human Color.
Eye Color:
Any Normal Human Color.

For Magic:
In this RP, magic is split into two: spells and potions, unless stated otherwise in the species description.
Magic can be used by any species, however all but humans and adepts find it rather difficult and more tiresome to cast spells.
Spells: If you can make it make sense and it isn't overpowered, then I'll likely allow it. So a shield that slowly breaks, or a harsh wind that knocks someone over while they're unsuspecting. If I think it's too much, or doesn't make sense, I'll call it out.
Potions: Potions are brewed and stored for later. By rule of thumb, basic potions [sleeping drafts, for example] take about six hours to brew. More complex potions [complex poisons, for example] can take between 12 and 24 hours to brew.
If you have a question about magic or if you're unsure, it's best to ask.

Edited at February 19, 2022 09:46 AM by Polly
Rebels Arisen | Fantasy RP | OpenFebruary 16, 2022 06:43 AM

Polly

Darkseeker

Give Award

Roles Descriptions

Leader
The Leader is, as the name suggests, the Leader of the Rebellion. They created the rebellion, and they're the highest member. They call all the shots, have the final say in the decisions, and their word is what goes.

Second in Command
The Second in Command is someone chosen by the Leader to help them lead, to help them make decisions, although ultimately it's up to the Leader what to do. They can be demoted and replaced by the Leader if they desire, although this would be a risky move, as it would leave their leadership unstable until they got another Second. They are the second highest member of the rebellion, and, whilst they don't have to be close to the Leader, they have proven themselves at some point to be a capable Second.

Commander
The Commander could probably be considered a 'Third in Command', someone that has a major say in what happens regarding the rebellion and their movements against the kingdom. They have control over the training regime for the Trackers, Hunters and Soldiers, and are the most likely to lead the rebellion into a battle under the orders of the Leader and/or Second.

Head Healer
The Head Healer has complete control over the Healers, in a sense, and can be regarded as a 'Fourth in Command'. They help the healers keep stock of what materials they do and don't have, keep the infirmary prepared, and warn the healers if there's a possibility of an influx of patients.

Healers
The healers are pretty self-explanatory. They are, in a sense, the 'doctors' or 'medics' of the rebellion.

Trackers
The trackers are those that excell at stealth and tracking. Think of semi-glorified scouts. During times when they aren't needed, they may go and collect resources for the healers, or help the hunters hunting, or may train with the soldiers. Though, when it's asked of them, they may be sent off in pairs or more, or even in groups of people with multiple roles, to go and keep tabs on any kingdom soldiers coming towards them. If more soldiers are needed, they are likely to join the ranks and fight alongside them.

Soldiers
Pretty self-explanatory. When they aren't needed to fight, they help around camp or with hunting, building, smithing, or training. When their duty calls, though, they are required to pick up a weapon and fight.

Hunters
The hunters main focus is providing for the rebellion. They go out and hunt/forage in a minimum of pairs. When they've completed their duties, they may train with the soldiers or complete general duties around the camp. If more soldiers are needed, they're likely to join the ranks and fight.
Rebels Arisen | Fantasy RP | OpenFebruary 16, 2022 06:58 AM

Polly

Darkseeker

Give Award
Setting
The Camp
meadows-and-trees-7-by-luda-stock-d7g2c11-fullview.webp
[Credits to LuDa-Stock on DA. Stock Image.]

The rebellion travelled deep into a forest, before they came across a meadow. They're detached from civilizations as a safety technique, keeping to themselves and staying among the forest and the meadow. Here, in this meadow, the rebellion set up their first camp. It's been modified over time, but stays relatively the same.

Everyone has their own tent in the camp, unless they choose to share with another, and there's a larger tent for meetings between the higher-ups of the rebellion. On the opposite side of the camp, there's the infirmary, where injured members go to get seen to and treated. The training grounds are nearby the infirmary so that, if someone gets injured during training, they won't have to travel across camp.

In the forest, there's a nearby creek that the rebellion gets their water from.

creek-in-the-forest-1-by-luda-stock-d92zv3o-fullview.jpg

[Credits to LuDa-Stock. Stock Image.]

This creek is the nearest supply of water, and the most commonly used. It flows in either direction, and, although somewhat shallow, your calves are gonna get wet if you go for a dip. The rebellion doesn't use this creek as transportation, merely as a stable source of water.

Throughout the forest, there are worn tracks leading towards towns and common hunting areas. These are the ways the rebellion takes to travel.

forest-paths-14-by-luda-stock-d92zuqd-fullview.webp

forest-paths-13-by-luda-stock-d92zurk-fullview.webp

[Credits to LuDa-Stock. Stock Images.]

Rebels Arisen | Fantasy RP | OpenFebruary 16, 2022 07:01 AM

Polly

Darkseeker

Give Award

Roles

Leader
-
Second in Command
- [Reserved - Tenebris Umbra]
Commander
- Sori | Female | Elf | Pg.1 - Polly
Head Healer
- Belladonna | Female | Dryad | Pg. 2 - Spellbound
Healers
(0/3)
- Rhea Heath | Female | Adept | Pg.3 - Rising Shadows
-
-
Trackers
(2/4)
- Roxanne Monroe | Female | Adept | Pg.2 - Tenebris Umbra
- [Reserved - Imperial Sands]
- Levi Daeneryn | Male | Shifter | Pg.3 - Rising Shadows
-
Soldiers
(Unlimited)
- [Reserved - Me]
-
-
Hunters
(0/4)
- [Reserved - Jack Of Stars]
-
-
-

Edited at February 20, 2022 01:33 AM by Polly
Rebels Arisen | Fantasy RP | OpenFebruary 16, 2022 07:03 AM

Polly

Darkseeker

Give Award

Form

Name:
Species:
Appearance:
Personality:
Backstory: [Optional]
Strengths: [Personal Strengths, not just the ones their species gives them.]
Weaknesses: [Personal Weaknesses, not just the ones their species gives them.]
Weapons of Choice: [Max. 2]
Affiliations:
Other:

Edited at February 16, 2022 07:07 AM by Polly
Rebels Arisen | Fantasy RP | OpenFebruary 16, 2022 07:03 AM

Polly

Darkseeker

Give Award
This is now Open!
Please read everything, it will be very clear if you don't.
Rebels Arisen | Fantasy RP | OpenFebruary 16, 2022 07:04 AM

Polly

Darkseeker

Give Award
My Commander
Name:
Sori Khoroushi
Meanings:
Sori: "Ruler"
Khoroushi: "Courage"
Species:
Elf
Appearance:
Sori is not a woman of soft, curved features. No, on the contrary, she has a sharp, angular face, with a thin, sharp nose, and thin, sharp eyebrows. Her eyes are mildly rounded compared to the rest of her, but are still an almond shape. They are a shade of blue so bright that one could, perhaps, say that her eyes have their own light source. They're the kind of blue so beautiful that they practically glow at all times, even more when the light catches them just right. Her ears, positioned on either side of her face, are of a normal size, and are pointed, due to her genetics. Her lips are a nice mixture of plump and thin, more of a 'normal' shape, are a pink shade, and they hide inhumanly sharp teeth. Truly, her teeth could be described more like fangs, longer than even most of her own species. Her skin is naturally a golden hue, both from genetics and the amount of sun she gets with her lifestyle.

Her hair is of a ginger shade, somewhere on the ginger spectrum that is closer to red than orange. Truly, it's more of a red or copper shade rather than 'true' ginger, and, when unbraided, it is long enough to reach mid-thigh. As such, she tends to keep it in five braids, starting from her hairline, and descending down her hair. The three middle braids are woven into a larger braid, and the two on the side are allowed to hang losely by her sides. If they are getting in the way, or Sori needs to have complete and utter concentration on her hands, she ties the two of them alongside the larger braid in a low ponytail with a piece of leather.

Sori's build is lean and athletic. Her body, although lean, is hard with muscle all across it. She is not soft, having very few qualities that many would consider feminine. She stands at 6'11", tall for a female, and she knows it. If need be, she isn't exactly afraid of showing someone who, exactly, is boss. She has a build that athletes would die for, with shoulders that wouldn't be considered broad or slim, nothing too masculine or too feminine. One can most definitely tell that she is female, a few curves adorning her features, but nothing that would mark her as extra curvy, or get in the way.

She's got long legs, and long, thin fingers attached to a proportional palm. They are deft and adept at their work, working almost as fast as her mind does. She's got a rather average-sized torso, although it seems small compared to her legs, and it is flat and hard-packed with muscle.

Sori is not bare of tattoos, most certainly not. Starting from her fingertips and dragging themselves over the tops of her fingers, dark, swirling ink travels along the back of her hands. When it reaches her wrist, it cascades down to cirlce around the entirety of her wrist, and drifts up both sides of her arms. When it reaches her shoulders, it splits. Some of it drifts over her back, connecting with the other arm, and covering her entire back, and sometimes drifting forwards to cover her sides, and ends at the end of her tailbone. Other parts of the tattoo trail up the side of her neck, ending just below her jaw. This circles around to the front of her neck, and then goes down towards her chest, stopping a little below her collarbones. The part of the tattoo just above her tailbone goes to either side, swirling itself across her hips and pelvic bone, and then down the side of both legs to her ankles. They are fashioned to be similar to black flames, and seem to be burning. When she moves around, especially quickly, it can look as if she is alight with onyx fire.

The elf is not free of scars. A thin line runs along her right cheekbone, stopping just before it hits her nose. Three deep, angry claw marks marr her stomach. A small scar runs along the the space just beside the right corner of her right eye. She does not shy away from these. In fact, she wears them as something similar to trophies - markers that she is willing to fight.

The clothes that she wears are normally a brown color, and are simple, normal stuff - shirt, pants, boots, and scarf. Her scarf normally stays tied losely around one of her thighs if she isn't using it to protect or hide her face. In the cooler months, Sori has a green cloak that's clasped around her shoulders, and a large hood that can flip up over her head.

In terms of any armor, all of her own armor is leather, designed for agility and stealth over anything else.
Personality:
Sori is many things.

The most prominent of her characteristics is how truly feral she is. She's called a "feral elf" by many, and those that have even the most brief of interactions with her see that it's very true. She's as likely to snarl at you as she is to have a conversation, expressing her irritation through grunts and growls. The way she moves is just as animalistic, having a certain feline, predatory aspect to her gait, and sometimes dropping to all fours to get through small spaces or to investigate something. She walks through the forest as if it is her true home, and some have compared her to a forest nymph in her nature.

If people bother to stick around after the original feral-ness, they often get met with a few walls in her personality. The first is outright aggression, the slightest wrong pushing her over the edge of anger and causing her to lash out. The second is a bristly kind of frigidness, where bursts of anger aimed at you are less likely, but she's wary and drawn back. The third is simply outright coldness, and this slowly transfers to the protective, possessive nature of her friendship.

If someone manages to stick through all of that, Sori proves herself to be a protective, although often closed-off, person. She would kill, maim and die for those that have gained her trust. Like a dog, she would be loyal until the end, tearing herself apart by her own hands if she had to to keep her friends safe. Also like a dog, once you've gained her trust, you could "kick" her again and again, and she'd return to you.

Sori is fiercly independent in the way that she prefers to do things by herself, because at least she knows that she'll do it right, and if it's done wrong then she'll know how to fix it. If someone else messes with her things, she doesn't know what they've done, or when they did it, or how they did it.

Contrary to her own aggressive nature, if someone is acting aggressively to Sori and she didn't start the altercation, as in she wasn't already in an aggressive spiral, she tends to shut down. She barely responds with anymore than a singular word, closing herself off and receeding to some unknown place in her mind. Few people, if any, can bring her out of this state of mind before she brings herself out of it.

In short, Sori might be scary, but she's fragile, and fractured, and should be handled with care so that she doesn't smash completely.
Backstory:
Sori's story is, in short, a tragic one.

At length, it stretches across her entire life. Her parents, both elves, didn't even want a child. They didn't wish to keep her nor care for her, and they treated her like it. Often, they seemed to forget about her existence entirely, not leaving food for her, locking her outside.

From the moment she could march off into the forest and return by dusk, her parents were waking her up in the morning and throwing her out of the house for the day. At dusk, she'd end up sleeping outside just as often as she'd end up sleeping in her own bed, depending on her parents moods and whether or not they remembered to let her inside. She'd have to forage for herself, ended up hunting for herself just as often, and had to learn to be independent.

Sometimes, she would willingly sleep outside rather than in her bed. Sleeping in the forest offered a kind of quietness and softness that her home didn't, with a harsh, tense aura surrounding her parents, and words strained, forever pushing towards another argument. There were days where she laid away in her room, listening, waiting. Waiting for the voices to get just that little bit louder, waiting for the smack of skin on skin, waiting for the smash of something hitting the ground.

Waiting for the signal that she'd have to stop yet another fight.

Because who wants the neighbours giving you pitying looks, asking if you're alright, questioning if things are okay at home. And she hated the times they would ask her whilst she was around her parents.

"Are you alright dear? I heard more screaming last night."

"Yes Ma'am, we're fine."

And later, she would get the backlash.

"What have you been telling the neighbours, Sori?! Huh?!"

She got used to taking their anger, burdening herself with their problems. The house fell into disrepair, and it became her job to clean it on nights that she was allowed back inside.

The moment she was able to leave without it being frowned upon, she did. Sometimes she misses them, as much as she hates herself for it. Other times, she only wishes that she hadn't cared what others thought and had left sooner.
Strengths:
Tracking / Hunting - Sori is an extremely adept hunter and tracker. She can notice even the smallest of hints from all of her time alone in the wilderness. She has a lightning fast reaction time, and can identify most tracks. If you've got her on your trail, it's highly unlikely you're getting away.

Knowledge - She's got a lot of knowledge about the wilderness and it's inhabitants, both from research and her own experiences. She knows how to interact with most animals, knows the quietest ways to move through a forest, is confident in her own ability and knowledge to survive.

Independence - Sori is an extremely idependent creature. She learned to survive on her own early, and those mannerisms haven't left her yet. If she were to walk away from the group of dragons and riders, she's more than confident that she could survive.
Weaknesses:
Loneliness - Whilst her independence is a strength, it is also a curse. Sori often finds herself struck by loneliness. She's almost always alone, and even if someone is a friend to her, it's unlikely that she would tell them any of her troubles. She is in a mental prison of her own design.

Old Wounds - Some of her old wounds still ache, particularly the deep, angry scars across her stomach. During panic attacks, which are not common but not unheard of for the young female, she often gets struck with phantom pain of her old injuries.

Shutting Down - When someone she's close with is angry with her, Sori shuts down. Mentally, she completely checks out. Lights are on but nobody's home kinda thing.
Weapons of Choice:
Bow and Arrows, and Daggers. Sturdy but built to not inhibit her agility.
Affiliations:
Ryuu | Soldier | Brother Bear
[text]
Vasuki | Second in Command | Dumb Bird
[text]
Other:
^^

Edited at February 16, 2022 07:09 AM by Polly
Rebels Arisen | Fantasy RP | OpenFebruary 16, 2022 07:04 AM

Polly

Darkseeker

Give Award