Wolf Play : Prehistoric Pride | Sabertooth RP | Open!
Chatbox
 Hugs4Bugs
12:32:40 Ed (he/they)
As a SD handler myself, I get it. My boy will be retiring soon, and I'm planning to apply for a CCI dog to take his place in a couple years. I'm 23, and I still live with my parents; bringing it up can be tough, but you've got this. Just take a deep breath and go for it. <3
 Hugs4Bugs
12:26:39 Ed (he/they)
I say go for it

The fact that you're considering a SD in the first place means you think it can make a huge difference in your life and independence.

Sure, like you said, she could say "no," but she can't say no forever. You're an adult, and I'm sure that even if it doesn't work out now, you can pursue this option later or bring it up again at strategic moments.
Since it sounds like you're planning to apply for a program dog, there are a lot of little arguments you can make to help push her to a "yes" as well:
long wait times (so this dog won't be coming home for ___ amount of time), lifetime support from the program itself, etc.
 AppleTrees
12:24:43 Apples
You got this Dish! We believe in ya! :D
 TheFlyingKitten
12:23:59 Petri Dish/Sorceress
@Apple

I suppose. Alright, I'll try my damndest and hope for the best!
 AppleTrees
12:20:18 Apples
Dish, you don't need a speech to be confident, all you need is to trust yourself and take a deep breath and give it your all :]
 TheFlyingKitten
12:19:01 Petri Dish/Sorceress
@Ed

Just something to inspire confidence, maybe? I know the whole "The worst she can say is 'no'" thing is kinda overused, but maybe something along those lines anyway?
 Vulpixles
12:18:21 Pixie, Vul | ♈
Does anyone else ever get bored drawing your own characters so you start doing commissions but now you desperately want to draw your own characters but can't because you have too many commissions you need to do?
 Nightstalker
12:17:58 Blake
hmm- what do I do? The two alliances I'm in are in a battle.
 Hugs4Bugs
12:17:34 Ed (he/they)
speech*
wow, I spelled that way wrong
 Hugs4Bugs
12:17:13 Ed (he/they)
what kind of speah - the kind to give to your grandma, or?
 Hugs4Bugs
12:15:21 Ed (he/they)
Oooo, uhhh
 TheFlyingKitten
12:14:07 Petri Dish/Sorceress
Oof, I need someone to give me a rousing speech so I can get the confidence to ask my grandma if I can apply for a service dog. 20 and still nervous about this. :')
 Zeraphia
12:13:59 Vah the Ancient One
Ollie

Ooooh I love the fur texture!
 Hallow's Eve
12:13:34 Hallow, Eve
Ky

That's so true haha. I actually try to avoid work on sundays cause people are wild
 Zeraphia
12:13:22 Vah the Ancient One
:D

There's too many fighting poses to choose from honestly--
 Lazy Kingdom
12:13:10 Lazy, Crazy Cat Lady
Looking to do a laid back Rp, any topic will do :D! Please PM me!
 Faulty Demons
12:13:01 Ollie, Gold
Thoughts and constructive critism?
-Click-
 BJake
12:11:42 Don't call me BJ.
"Or a cool fighting pose" 😭🖐
Your replies are the best to look at I swear
 Zeraphia
12:09:53 Vah the Ancient One
BJake

That fancy sitting pose with a wine-glass in one hand? Just absolutely leaned back, the pose that says "I own everything"

Or a cool fighting pose
 AppleTrees
12:05:42 Apples
I need to get rid of some of my wolves to make space but they're all too important or parents :/

Refresh

You must be a registered member for more
than 1 day before you can use our chatbox.
Quests
Alliance Battles
Challenges

Hourly Damage Variances
Ermine : +5
Baboon : -5
Black Bear : -2
    Winter   Day  Weather:  Light Snow

Forums

→ Wolf Play is a fun game! Sign Up Now!

My Subscriptions
My Bookmarks
My Topics
Latest Topics
Following
Forums > Roleplay > Sign-Ups
   1    2    3    4   ..   7 

Prehistoric Pride | Sabertooth RP | Open!January 10, 2022 02:10 AM

Imperial Sands

Darkseeker

Give Award
Prehistoric Pride
A long, long time ago, cats reigned supreme, their might pushing other carnivores out of the area for years. Nothing dared to challenge them, to threaten their claim on their lands. That was, not until the terror birds.

Bigger, faster, more ferociously, and more importantly, in groups, the terror birds migrated into the land. They spread like wildfire, impregnating the lands with their population, numbers swelling as they thrived. The Sabers could do nothing as their supreme reign came to an end, unable to topple such a foe.

With there only being room for one apex predator, the Sabers we're chased from their lands, forced to seek refuge amongst the cavernous walls of a near by canyon. Here they regained their strength, forced to carve out a life like all the carnivores before them who, like them, had been chased out by a superior creature.

Now, despite their ordinarily solitary lives, the big cats realize that the only way to take back their homes is to work together as a group. As they partake in their new found journey, it will become clear that the Terror Birds aren't the only threat to their goal. What could possibly go wrong when a bunch of solitary cats, who are used to being the only ones in charge, are forced to work together?

Much of this is still a WIP. However, I wanted to get it open asap since I work odd hours and I didn't want people to have to wait another 24 hours for me to be completely done.

That being said, because it's a wip I'll understand if there's confusion at times. So please, don't hesitate to ask if there are questions that you have.

Edited at January 10, 2022 09:44 AM by Imperial Sands
Prehistoric Pride | Sabertooth RP | Open!January 10, 2022 02:35 AM

Imperial Sands

Darkseeker

Give Award
The Roleplay Rules
Follow all of WP's and Eve's Rules.
1. Be active. Pretty simple, pretty straight forward. Inactivity = Kicked. For both discussion and rp.
2. No perfect characters, godmodding, etc. It's not tolerated.
3. Be respectful to everyone, if you have an issue take it up with me in Pms.
4. I'd like forms to be finished within 2-3 Days. If I have to remind, or warn someone 3 times to finish their form, or be active, it's an automatic removal from the rp. Obviously if you let me know you'll be off or inactive for a bit, that's different.
5. This is going to probably be a rather violent rp, so I would recommend making two characters. Know they will get injured, and may even die. If you've read everything put your character's eye color in a different font than the rest of the form.
6. You may use OC's with proper credit for this, but a detailed description is the minimum requirment and still needed if you do.
7. For the Purpose of the Rp, all Sabers below the age of 2 will need to have their biological mother. That's correct: not guardian, not adoptive parent, and not father. So basically: No Orphans.
8. Semi-Literacy is the minimum for this rp, and is a must. I expect to see in both Sign Up Forms and in Rp Posts.
9. This rp is Semi-Realistic based. So natural colors for coats, as well as trying to be semi-realistic with behaviors. If you aren't sure ask.
10. Have fun!

Edited at January 10, 2022 09:42 AM by Imperial Sands
Prehistoric Pride | Sabertooth RP | Open!January 10, 2022 02:37 AM

Imperial Sands

Darkseeker

Give Award
Roleplay Information

About the Sabertooth Cats
I would like to start by saying that despite this being semi realistic, it isnt going be necessarily the most accurate.
For example, I will be giving a size range that consists of all known Smilodon species' sizes for more variety.
Another example is there may be other species of animals in the rp that the Smilodon may not have come across or existed as the same time as. This is just to make the rp more interesting for us.

Sabertooth Build
It's important to know that Sabers are not just prehistoric lions. The build of a saber is heavier and more powerful, and more positioned like a jaguar, just much, much larger. They haver shorter back legs that are heavily muscular, with their front legs being only slightly longer, but still heavily muscular. Even smaller sabers are relatively heavy in build, none of them have lean builds meant for running.

All sabers are on the slower side, built for power and strength than anything that has to do with speed. They hunt through ambushes when alone, though this might alter a bit when in groups later. However, you will not see them participating in long chases. Due to this, and the energy it takes to hunt, Sabers tend to prefer bigger game, and pretty much aren't capable of hunting faster smaller game. They also aren't above scavenging for this same reason. Food is food, no matter how it's gotten.

The Size Range
27" - 49"
120 lbs - 960 lbs

Small
27" - 31"
120 lbs - 300 lbs
(3/3)

Medium
32" - 37"
301 lbs - 520 lbs
Unlimited

Large
38" - 44"
521 lbs - 720 lbs
Unlimited

Massive
45" - 49"
721 lbs - 960 lbs
(3/3)

There is Gender Dimorphism between males and females. The former is generally bigger and more robust, and tend to be on the larger side, whereas females tend to be on the smaller side. Obviously there are exceptions and outliers, but they aren't common.
Another difference between the two is the Sabers. Males gave longer or more prominent sabers, whereas females gave shorter ones. Basically: females and males who are the same size will have different sized sabers.
[I am aware this may not be true for sabers, but I've decided I wanted it for this.]

Life Span
~20 Years

Life Stages
Cub or Juvenile: Birth - 1 Year
Yearling: 1 Year - 2 Years
Sub Adult: 2 Years - 3 Years
Adult: 3 Years - 12 Years
Elder or Senior: 12+ Years

Cubs, Litters, and How to Raise Them
Gestation: 118 - 125 Days
Litter Size: 1-2 Cubs

Female are able to have cubs every year, even with yearlings, as it sometimes helps to have an extra set of paws to raise little cubs. And teaches the youth needed knowledge beyond just hunting. Yearlings are in danger if a male comes around for the female, however, if they are his cubs, he is of no threat to them. If the male isn't the yearlings father, typically their existence is kept hidden from him. Since he will leave the female within 12 hours, it's not hard to. However, if a male does come across them, he might kill them, especially the males. If a female cub is closer to two, her odds of being left alive are better.

However, a female is not required to mate if she does not wish to. Ultimately, it is her decision.

Females tend to fall pregnant during the end of the winter months, and spend the winter and early spring packing on the nutrients. Mid-Spring, sometimes early Summer if it was late enough, the cubs are born. Cubs are pretty much hidden from the world for the first 5 weeks. After that point, as they grow, the cubs will be allowed to venture further and further from the female's "den", until they are old enough to simply follow her everywhere.

Important Things
- Cubs leave their mothers between 2 years and 2.5 Years.
- Their Sabers [the teeth] finish growing at 3 Years Old. but don't start until about 1 year. So cubs do not have the sabers until then.
- Sabers become sexually mature between the ages of 2 and 3, it varies per cat.
- Most cubs are pretty much weaned by 4 months, however, they can continue nursing if hunting is poor until they're a year old. Once they reach that age, they no longer get the nutrition they need, and they'll become malnourished.
- Up until the Terror Birds pushed them into the canyon, there has never been Sabers that have paired together. Just Mothers and their cubs.

Life Before the Terror Birds

Prior to the Terror Birds taking over, the Saberteeth primarily lived solitary lifestyles, only coming together when the time for mating would come around. It's a bit more intricate than that, with much more being woven into them.

It's important to know that Sabers, up until now, are normally extremely territorial.

Typically, large Sabers have large territories, this is especially true for the Large Males of the species. The males with these territories male elect to allow a couple of females to take up territories within his own. This basically allows him to trade protection for breeding rights when the time comes. They aren't social with each other, and, at most, you'd only possible see them at kills together when the male pushes his way onto one, or he allows a female to join him. But that was it, otherwise they live completely separate lives.

Large females can have their own vast territories as well, though they aren't as likely to allow others to reside within them. She may let a few smaller females into her territory, but it's not common. In fact, if she takes over a male's territory that has females within it, she might elect to push them out or even kill them if it comes to it.

Smaller Sabers can have territories on their own too, though they tend to be further away from those of larger males. This is due to the fact that a Male Saber won't hesitate to over thrown the male in a smaller territory to increase his own, whereas a large female typically only gets into fights when it comes to defending her own territory. She will fight like hell for it, but she doesn't go looking to expand her empire like males do.

Both females and males who are without territory, may challenge whomever the please for one. It doesn't matter if it's female challenging male, or vice versa, or if the territory is small. If they do not have a territory, and they want to take over, they can try. On the otherside, they may try to create a territory within one that already exists, though it is risky if the owner rejects them.

Life After the Terror Birds

After the Terror Birds pushed them all out, the Sabers have congregated in the Canyon. They aren't any sort of pride or group, but they have come to terms that there is no "territory" between individuals now. Instead they all live within the same territory that is the canyon and it's immediate surroundings. They still aren't super social with each other, but they learning, and change is on the air.

In the canyon they all occupy caves within the walls of the canyon, these caves are the one thing they are still territorial about. Challenges for better caves are not uncommon, however, they rarely are serious and end after brief fights. Serious wounds are rare.

While not super common, it's becoming more accepted for multiple sabers to be at a single kill. Since hunting is harder now that they aren'y in the territories, some sabers have allowed others at their kills so that they don't go hungry. As mentioned, it isn't super common, but it's helping implement the changes that the Sabers will need to go to in order to work together to reclaim their lands.

Edited at January 10, 2022 11:28 PM by Imperial Sands
Prehistoric Pride | Sabertooth RP | Open!January 10, 2022 02:38 AM

Imperial Sands

Darkseeker

Give Award
Biome, Setting, Etc.
Wip
The Terror Birds and Other animals

Edited at January 10, 2022 09:40 AM by Imperial Sands

Imperial Sands

Darkseeker

Give Award
The Master List

Males:
Bora | 8 Yrs | Massive | Imperial Sands | Pg. 3
Reserved for Polly | Small Male
Area | 5.5 Yrs | Large | Succubus | Pg. 2
Aridam | 5 Yrs | Large | Rising Shadows | Pg. 4

Females:
Sua | 5 Yrs | Medium | Imperial Sands | Pg. 3
Reserved for Polly | Massive Female
Reserved for Polly | Large Female
Alectrona | 4.5 Yrs | Large | Succubus | Pg. 2
Sakina | 4.5 Yrs | Small | Tenebris Umbra | Pg. 2
Daeva | 5 Yrs | Large | Rising Shadows | Pg. 4
Nakoma | 6 Yrs | Small | ArtCherryOnTop | Pg. 4

Edited at January 16, 2022 12:55 AM by Imperial Sands

Imperial Sands

Darkseeker

Give Award
The Form
Name:
Size: [Small, Medium, Large, Massive]
Appearance: [Detailed Description Minimum]
Personality: [Detailed Description, I will Also Accept Dot Point but there must be 5 Minimum]
Crush:
Mate:
Cubs:
Affiliations: [The More Detailed Relationships]
Other:

Edited at January 11, 2022 03:38 AM by Imperial Sands
Prehistoric Pride | Sabertooth RP | Open!January 10, 2022 09:44 AM

Imperial Sands

Darkseeker

Give Award
I will now be accepting reservations, though this thread isn't done.
Prehistoric Pride | Sabertooth RP | Open!January 10, 2022 09:47 AM

Polly

Darkseeker

Give Award
Reserve a massive female, a large female, and a small male? Or average male, either works for the male. ^^
Prehistoric Pride | Sabertooth RP | Open!January 10, 2022 09:49 AM

Imperial Sands

Darkseeker

Give Award
Whichever you prefer on the last ^^
Prehistoric Pride | Sabertooth RP | Open!January 10, 2022 09:51 AM

Polly

Darkseeker

Give Award
Smol boi incoming then <3 ^^

Forums > Roleplay > Sign-Ups
   1    2    3    4   ..   7