01:23:01 free palestine
Mercury meltdown flashbacks
 The Night Walker
01:22:40 Anemoia/Aedra
Just little bits of flare.
 Poseidon
01:22:02 Sea God
Leon
Ooh mercury is so good, luckily I have another unnamed wolf that needs a name and it looks exactly like this one.
 The Night Walker
01:21:56 Anemoia/Aedra
Stygian
Like for example, instead of the spaces blank:

Example Test Here.
-·-
Example Test Two.
 TheSigmaMales
01:21:44 Leon, Sigma
Ooh what about mercury wave
 Poseidon
01:21:12 Sea God
Red
Bet
 TheSigmaMales
01:21:05 Leon, Sigma
Sea god

Try mercury??
 Everlasting Torment
01:21:00 Anubis, Samael
hmm time to explore to get ready for Halloween XD
 Feiella
01:20:58 Fei the writer
RedVortex
Please spell out your words
 RedVortex10
01:19:36 
Sea God
Name em, Wave. bc you're the Sea God
 Feiella
01:19:21 Fei the writer
Earth Shakers
Apples in barter in market place
 The Earth-Shakers
01:18:01 
Where can You get glacial ice?
 Poseidon
01:17:28 Sea God
Something unique!
 starmutt
01:17:20 marsh | they/it
they are very big paragraphs
 Poseidon
01:17:01 Sea God
-WP Click-

Name suggestions!
 Stygian Forest
01:16:31 
Aedra

The paragraphs are seperated though?
 TheSigmaMales
01:15:51 Leon, Sigma
Red

Sup dude lol
 The Night Walker
01:15:34 Anemoia/Aedra
Stygian
Use the bar on the top of the text box when youre editing the about! Also maybe separate paragraphs with anything from a - to something more extravagant like \‹·Â›/ or what ever you can copy paste from google

Refresh

You must be a registered member for more
than 1 day before you can use our chatbox.
Quests
Alliance Battles
Challenges

Hourly Damage Variances
Rattlesnake : 0
Jaguar : -1
Jaguar : -2
    Spring   Night  Weather:  Clear  Moon: 

Forums

→ Wolf Play is a fun game! Sign Up Now!

My Subscriptions
My Bookmarks
My Topics
Latest Topics
Following
Forums > Roleplay > Sign-Ups
   1    2    3    4 

Journey To The Isles || Sign-upsAugust 30, 2021 12:51 PM

Former Pack

Neutral

Give Award

it has been a millennium since merfolk have been discovered. at first, they lived in harmony, two sentient species co-existing in their own habitats; one thriving upon the land, the other dwelling beyond the waves. they enjoyed one another's company.

that was until the humans decided they wanted more.

they began to hunt the merfolk's source of nourishment, throwing invisible nets into the water. they built factories near their homes, infecting the water with toxic chemicals. worst of all, they captured the merfolk, cutting off their tails and fins and hanging them upon their walls like trophies.

the merfolk suffered for three decades, pleading with the humans to stay out of their waters. but nothing happened.

they declared war on the humans, hoping to scare them into submission. but nothing happened.

then, one day, everything changed. a band of people, their hearts going out to the merfolk, bought a single piece of the ocean far enough away from land to prevent beaching, but close enough for the humans to converse. the humans made it an official sanctuary for every merfolk that crossed the border, called the isles.

almost every pod has made it to the sanctuary...

except for one.

the misfit pod, a strange group of several subspecies of merfolk has lagged behind. they must journey over a thousand miles to get to the isles, facing ruthless hurricanes and endless expanses of open ocean, ruthless humans with a thirst for merfolk blood, and even their own pod mates.

it's survival of the fittest.

Edited at August 30, 2021 04:06 PM by The Dragonborn
Journey To The Isles || Sign-upsAugust 30, 2021 12:53 PM

Former Pack

Neutral

Give Award

rules

follow all of wp's rules!

no gary/mary sues

please use mermaids that have real marine animal influences; no made-up creatures or characteristics from land animals!

this is a more realistic roleplay, meaning there will be injuries and hunger!

lgbtq+ is welcomed with open fins!

2 characters per person!

semi-literate, meaning proper grammar, spacing, punctuation, etc.

3-4 paragraphs per post. i understand you may have writer's block. just be sure to pm me if you aren't able to meet the writing quota!

our characters will be journeying from the Atlantic Ocean between North America and Europe to the Arabian Sea.

there are many different variations of merfolk. for instance, there's the traditional (half-human, half-fish), but then there's also 3/4 fish and 1/4 human, where they more closely resemble fish with slightly anthropomorphic features (ie arms, chest, head shape), along with 3/4 human and 1/4 fish, which is basically a fish with legs and a tail.

the age translation between humans and merfolk is similar, except merfolk live for slightly longer, averaging at 90-100 years.

if you have any questions, please pm me! <3

Edited at September 2, 2021 02:06 PM by The Dragonborn
Journey To The Isles || Sign-upsAugust 30, 2021 12:55 PM

Former Pack

Neutral

Give Award

Lead Merperson

--

Second-in-command

--

Defenders

reserved for Oblivion

--

Hunters

Rowan || 24 || Male || {~Speakers_Of_Old~} || pg. 2

Brishon || 16 || Male || The Dragonborn || pg. 3

--

Child-sitter

Ren || 27 || Non-binary || The Draconians || pg. 1

Main Pod

Kākala || 22 || Female || The Dragonborn || pg. 1

--

--

Children

Ayah || 7 || Female || {~Speakers_Of_Old~} || pg. 2

--

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾✠☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙

Name

Name Meaning (opt.)

Nickname (opt.)

Gender (Pronouns)

Subspecies

Sexuality

Role

Personality

3-4 paragrahs

Strengths / Weaknesses

Likes / Dislikes

Physical Appearance

4-5 paragraphs

Clothing (opt.)

Accessories (opt.)

History

2-3 paragraphs

Relationships

- Family

- Friends

- Crush(es)

- Significant Other(s)

Fun Facts

-

-

-

Edited at September 5, 2021 01:36 PM by The Dragonborn
Journey To The Isles || Sign-upsAugust 30, 2021 02:00 PM

Former Pack

Neutral

Give Award

name

kākala

"thistle"

nickname

kāk, kala

gender (pronouns)

female (she/her)

Subspecies

weedy seadragon

sexuality

bisexual

role

main pod member

personality

kāk is a curious and shy individual, preferring to keep to herself rather than being around others. she's the gentle and easygoing type and is very slow to anger. she's patient and motherly to those younger than her. she loves to help, but knows when to leave someone alone.

she is patient and kind, speaking calmly. she rarely gets worked up about things. she is a curious individual and often takes time off from work within the pod to scour the ocean floor, sifting through the sands for human treasure. she loves to collect things, specifically necklaces, and adorn herself with them.

it's quite easy for her to become flustered, especially if she wasn't paying attention beforehand. she doesn't like others being upset with her, and in turn, she always tries to please everyone. she believes that there is good in all humans, even if it's buried deeper in some than others.

despite her quiet, calm, and perhaps even bland nature, she can be rather vicious whilst hunting or defending her pod, despite her subspecies being quite cowardly. using her claws to slash at prey or predators, she has been described as a terrifying sight when in this particular mood. however, despite this, she tries to keep herself calm and not show her rather fierce side around others, especially children.

strengths / weaknesses

+ mature in terms of patience and level-headedness, helpful around the pod, willing to give her own treasures to someone else if needed

- not a fast swimmer, can be socially awkward if flustered, far too trusting

likes / dislikes

+ kelp forests and places with lots of hiding places, warmer waters, exploring sunken ships

- open water ocean, strong currents, other's putting her down because of her beliefs

physical appearance

clothing (opt.)

n/a

accessories (opt.)

if she happens to find a rather pretty piece of jewelry, she will hang it around her spines.

history

kākala's parents raised her in a large kelp forest, where there were very few predators and large amounts of food. it was a fantastic life, living amongst the kelp. that was until the humans captured her parents. being one of the more diverse subspecies, the humans viewed her parents as purely pretty trophies.

kākala never saw them again.

she was happened upon by the leader of a small pod and offered her a place amongst it. they explained they were migrating to the isles, a safe space for merfolk like herself. she reluctantly agreed, and now leisurely swims alongside them.

Relationships

- Crabgrass (father), Clover (mother)

Friends: TBA

Crushes: TBA

S/O: Not just yet

Fun Facts

- like all weedy seadragons, she has the ability to change colors to blend into her surroundings

- she is the youngest of fifteen children, all of whom left before their parents were captured

- enjoys clams

Edited at August 31, 2021 07:59 AM by The Dragonborn
Journey To The Isles || Sign-upsAugust 30, 2021 03:12 PM

Former Pack

Neutral

Give Award
Question - are these merfolk as in half-human half some sort of fish, or are these like, dragons? Because it looks like dragons by your picture. Also I'd highly recommend changing the font, as it's unreadable on most screens in my experience.
Journey To The Isles || Sign-upsAugust 30, 2021 04:05 PM

Former Pack

Neutral

Give Award

Finnick said:
Question - are these merfolk as in half-human half some sort of fish, or are these like, dragons? Because it looks like dragons by your picture. Also I'd highly recommend changing the font, as it's unreadable on most screens in my experience.

all mermaids have different variations. for instance, there can be the more traditional mermaid, where there's more human than animal, or ones like mine, where it's more animal than human. and thank you for giving me the tip on the font, i had no idea! ^^'

Edited at August 31, 2021 08:00 AM by The Dragonborn
Journey To The Isles || Sign-upsAugust 31, 2021 08:42 AM

Former Pack

Neutral

Give Award
This sounds amazing. I'll pop in a character submission as soon as I get the time. I'll babysit the children for you.
Journey To The Isles || Sign-upsAugust 31, 2021 08:43 AM

Former Pack

Neutral

Give Award
reserved!
Journey To The Isles || Sign-upsAugust 31, 2021 10:06 AM

Former Pack

Neutral

Give Award

Is this okay? Let me know if I need to change anything. I tried to make them interesting.

Name

Ren

Name Meaning (opt.)

Japanese name that refers to the water lily

Nickname (opt.)

Lily, Lemon

27…? I don’t know the translation of human years to merfolk

Gender (Pronouns)

Non-binary, They/them

Subspecies

Sea Bunny Merfolk

Sexuality

Pansexual

Role

Child-sitter

Personality

Ren is quiet and somewhat sarcastic. They have a slow-boiling anger that is rarely seen but scary to behold. They’re often distant towards others, but change drastically around young children. Being around younger merfolk, and even young humans, seems to cheer them up greatly. Ren becomes soft, motherly, and relaxed when children are around, sometimes even becoming quite childish themself.

Strengths / Weaknesses

Ren is very smart, philosophical, and artistic. They’re a good planner and, though quite moody themselves, are good at cheering others up. They can also scavenge quite well and make little noise. They also have slightly heightened senses, though it isn’t that much better than normal. However, they are nearly defenseless save for the weak toxins their body can give off. They can’t fight, have a body too squishy to be defensive, and are very slow, so they have to rely on the others for food and protection. They are also very much legally blind.

Likes / Dislikes

Ren likes children, making things out of random items they find, and chewing on kelp for absolutely no reason. Of course, they also like to eat sponges. They dislike people sneaking up on them or being loud around them, which is kind of hard to avoid. They also aren't too fond of sharp objects.

Physical Appearance

Ren’s skin is bright yellow, semi-translucent, and covered in tiny fur-like rods that make them oddly soft, their eyes are glassy, white, and completely nonfunctional, and they have something that vaguely resembles translucent yellow hair (or maybe a hood) on their head. They basically look like they’re made of slime. Their kind are naturally chubby, and Ren is no exception save for their two long, thin arms. Two tall, feather-like rhinophores extend from the top of their head that allow them to smell and sense the direction of water currents. They don’t appear to have a mouth until they open it, and that mouth is still quite small. Their gills are also hard to find since they’re on the back side of their tail. Their tail is quite short since their kind don’t usually swim or really even move at all, but it resembles a fan stuck to their back end. (I will replace this with an image when I can.)

Clothing (opt.)

They don’t really need to wear clothes, and it’s near impossible to find something that fits them anyways

Accessories (opt.)

They often wear seashells, kelp, flowers, or really anything they can find or make as jewelry.

History

Ren’s pod lived off the coast of Japan where most of them developed a beautiful balck-and-white color and were revered like beautiful gifts from heaven. This admiration quickly turned into obsession once videos and images of them spread worldwide, causing the species to be captured and sold off as pets. Many didn’t even survive the trip to their new home. Ren was spared this fate due to their lack of the popular black-and-white color. Though they weren’t the only one left behind, Ren was the only one who didn’t feel safe enough to stay in their shallow-water beach home. They took off as best they could, meeting the leader of an odd pod heading somewhere called “The Isles” along the way. Ren didn’t trust them, but also didn’t have much choice but to accept the pod’s help when offered if they wanted to escape. As such, Ren joined the pod and started their journey.

Relationships

- Family: Their entire pod back in Japan was related to them, though they were only close to a few.

- Friends: None yet

- Crush(es): None yet

- Significant Other(s): None Yet

Fun Facts

• Ren doesn’t speak often, but when they do their voice is muffled and echoes badly, making them very hard to hear unless you have the senses of a dolphin.
  • Ren only really needs to eat sponges, but they find the taste of kelp calming and often carry some to chew on when they’re stressed.
  • Ren may be blind, but they still enjoy feeling over shells and other textured items and imagining what they look like. If given the materials and dry space, they’ll often draw these imaginings.
Journey To The Isles || Sign-upsAugust 31, 2021 10:16 AM

Former Pack

Neutral

Give Award
Accepted! A new addition has been taped onto the set of rules

Forums > Roleplay > Sign-Ups
   1    2    3    4 

Refresh

Copyright ©2013-2024 Go Go Gatsby Designs, LLC    All Rights Reserved
Terms Of Use  |   Privacy Policy   |   DMCA   |   Contact Us