05:49:04 Amy/Anpmygdala
Fei
I love the name

Also...guess who just poped up in forest...he just can't stay put it seems XD

Ky
Good luck
 kycantina
05:47:48 ky
My shift is scheduled to end in 15 but I know that's not happening, gonna shut down my laptop in the hopes that it encourages the guests to get out. Send good vibes chat, I've been here for 12 going on 13 hours, goodnight <33
 Feiella
05:47:27 Fei the writer
Amy
-WP Click-
It was this wolf that I decided to name
 Amygdala
05:45:15 Amy/Anpmygdala
Purse
She really is pretty
 Amygdala
05:44:40 Amy/Anpmygdala
Fei
Oh...then we're good...he doesn't seem to walk around too much
 Purgatory
05:44:18 Purge/Purse/Pug
She's so pretty, reminds me of those pumpkin spice drinks my mom likes
-WP Click-
 Feiella
05:44:11 Fei the writer
Amy
It is adult wolf I never named
 Amygdala
05:43:28 Amy/Anpmygdala
Fei
Hopefully the pup won't grow up to stalk wolves in explore as well XD
 Feiella
05:42:40 Fei the writer
Pup 92 stalks Golden Copper because they are protective of their stalkee

damn it
 Amygdala
05:41:06 Amy/Anpmygdala
I entered a battle by accident so i am sticking around for a couple more minutes

Refresh

You must be a registered member for more
than 1 day before you can use our chatbox.
Quests
Alliance Battles
Challenges

Hourly Damage Variances
Wolverine : -4
Vicuna Wolf : +5
Jaguar : 0
    Winter   Night  Weather:  Blizzard  Moon: 

Forums

→ Wolf Play is a fun game! Sign Up Now!

My Subscriptions
My Bookmarks
My Topics
Latest Topics
Following
Forums > Roleplay > 1x1
   1    2 

Angrboda x BlissfulJanuary 15, 2023 11:48 PM

honeymoon

Neutral

Give Award
don't post if you aren't mentioned in the title please :)
Angrboda x BlissfulJanuary 16, 2023 12:16 AM

honeymoon

Neutral

Give Award

"The thought of you consumes me like an uncommitted sin."

Name

Evangeline James Yendell

Nickname

Evie

Female

Sexuality

Lesbian

Voice claim

Agnes from Fantasic Mr. Fox(Juman Malouf)

Birthdate

March 17th

Zodiac

Pisces

Aroma

Lavender, incense, tobacco

Species

Werewolf

Appearance

Evie is a bit tall for a woman, standing at somewhere around 5'6. She's a slim woman with slightly tanned skin that's dotted with freckles. She is a curvy woman with a bust bigger than average. Her hair is black and is in between being curly and wavy. It falls just below her shoulder blades. She has a slightly sharp jawline and full lips, paired with an upturned nose.

Her eyes are doe-like and framed by long black lashes. Her eyes are a pale green flecked with a darker green, and a little bit of brown. She has rounded brows that she tries her best to maintain. She has freckles along her jaw, scattered on her nose and cheeks, and a few stray ones on her forehead. She has faint freckles all over the rest of her body, prominent on her chest and back.

Evie is a pretty woman, save for the scars littered around her body. The most prominent one is a clean scar going across the front of her throat. It was caused by her own stupidity, an accident with a knife.

Personality

Evie is a relatively kind woman. She is quite caring, almost motherly in a way. Though she can be a bit of an airhead or an ignorant person, she tries her best to understand people. She isn't necessarily one to pick fights, but on the occasion that she's irritated she'll snap.

She is the type of person to shut up an obey, and not question things. Often times when asked a question or asked for something, she wont even question it or ask why. She just does it and goes on about her day.

She's in between being optimistic and pessimistic, more pessimistic though. She loves physical touch, even if it's just knees brushing together or hands slightly touching.

Evie is incredibly observant, she always notices if someone's in a bad mood or if something is off. This doesn't mean she'll try to cheer them up, though. She is quite intuitive, and is rarely wrong when she makes an assumption or feels like something isn't right.

Evie is a very romantic woman. She spoils her significant other with gifts and attention. Her main love languages physical touch, quality time, and gift giving. She will give them little things that she found or bought simply because it reminded her of them. She loves to cuddle and will always somehow be touching her significant other, even just slightly. Evie plans tons of dates, romantic nights out or in, and just little get togethers.

She believes that everyone is worthy of love, at least once in their life. She's a firm believer of second chances, but not third chances.

- Birds

- Cats(ironically)

- Autumn

- Company

- Exploring

- Collecting things

Dislikes

- Arrogant people

- Hot weather

- Caring too much

- Squirrels

- Changes in routine

- Show offs

note: sorry her appearance is short! i had to edit her to fit the era

"Tell me every terrible thing you ever did, and let me love you anyway."

Edited at January 16, 2023 12:20 AM by Blissful
Angrboda x BlissfulJanuary 16, 2023 01:58 AM

Angrboda

Darkseeker

Give Award
Name
Esmeralda Vivian Dumas
Nickname
"Es"
Sexuality
Bisexual
Voice Claim
Eris from Sinbad: Legend of the Seven Seas (Michelle Pfeiffer)
Birthdate
April 25th
Zodiac
Taurus
Aroma
Vanilla, Honeysuckle, Tobacco
Species
Human - "Seer"
Appearance
Esmeralda stands at an average height of roughly 5'4, though is few inches taller in the shoes she wears. She has an hourglass figure, curvy in the right places, though most of it is kept covered by her dresses, only accentuated by the corset she wears beneath the bodice. What doesn't show in her hourglass silhouette is typically left to the imagination. She has copper skin, being half Indian, though typically only her face and neck are showing. She has long, curly black hair that falls just below her hips when left down, though is almost always kept pinned up in a stylish bun. She has a sharp jawline that tapers into the soft point of her chin, full lips with a thin scar on the upper lip, and has a straight, Grecian-shaped nose.
She has deep-set eyes framed by dark lashes, with striking grey irises, though flecks of blue and silver are visible in them. She has neat, sharp, arched brows that are kept well-groomed.
Es has a few scars across her body, though has one on her abdomen that she is ashamed of- a stab wound that left her unable to bear children.
She could be described as a pretty woman, though many people find her too cold or standoffish to speak their admiration to her face.
Personality
Many would describe Esmeralda as quiet, observant, and perhaps most notably- distant. She tended to be cold, not necessarily in a mean fashion, but she had more of a no-nonsense way about her, very straight-to-the-point. She was a noble lady, after all, and due to her mixed French-Indian heritage, she had to be calm and collected in the presence of the English- they had plenty of negative stereotypes about both the people of France and India, she didn't want them to be able to use any of them as ammunition against her character. She always tried to be the rational one, considering her options carefully before making decisions, though sometimes- when crossed- her temper could get the better of her. It took a lot for her to get angry, but when she did, she tended to snap.
Despite her stiff and cold outward appearance, she was rather kind, even if more "proper" about it. She has a soft spot for children, and often donates money and food to orphanages in London. She's a bit of a pessimist, though is always happy when things turn out well.
Being a Seer, she is very intuitive, and tends to listen to her gut when it tells her something- be it good or bad. She sometimes has visions of things that have not yet come to pass, though oftentimes these visions are warnings of terrible outcomes. She makes an effort to stop these things from happening, if she has the means to do so. She disguises her visions with the excuse of mild epilepsy- specifically "petite mal seizures," or "stares"- as they make her freeze for a moment and stare. They typically only last a few seconds, but more complex visions can last over a minute.
While she is more subdued in public, she does take a fancy to romantic things- flowers, gifts, affection, those sorts of things. While she does enjoy physical contact, oftentimes skin-to-skin contact triggers a vision, so she keeps her skin covered as much as she can- long sleeved dresses, gloves, the works.
She is very particular when it comes to trust, though. When she feels betrayed, or wronged, it takes her a while to forgive. She does give second chances, but only when properly apologized to and a correction to the offensive behavior has attempted/made. She will not, however, forgive the same transgression more than once.
Animals
Autumn
Reading/Poetry/Music
Puzzles/Mysteries
Tea
Dislikes
Hot Weather
Idle Chatter
Too Much Noise
Disturbing Visions
Being Lied To/Betrayed
Men™
♤♤♤
“Every heart sings a song, incomplete until another heart whispers back. Those who wish to sing always find a song. At the touch of a lover, everyone becomes a poet.” -Plato

Edited at January 17, 2023 12:22 AM by Angrboda
Angrboda x BlissfulJanuary 16, 2023 03:31 PM

honeymoon

Neutral

Give Award

The first light of the day streamed in through the window, spilling onto the floor and the sleeping figure of a woman. As the light shifted to hit her face, she began to stir. With an annoyed groan, the woman sat up, running a hand through her curly hair. Birds sang outside the window, not quieting for even a second. She glanced around the room, admiring the way the golden rays of light illuminated everything. A cat lay next to the woman, black coat turned brown in the light.

The cat was incredibly large and fluffy. Evie reached a hand out to pet the cat, earning a little meow and a stream of purrs. She swung her feet over the edge of the bed, which was a beautiful villa valencia king sized bed. The wood was stained black with beautiful floral carvings etched the wood, from the top of the canopy to the bottom.

She brushed the sage green silk curtain away and stood, stretching her arms out with a yawn. The cat moved to the edge of the bed, reaching a paw out to brush against her. Evie grinned at the cat, scratching between his ears before getting dressed for the day.

She wore a long sleeved blouse and skirt set, the frilled blouse being white in color, and the long skirt black. Her shoes were black silk lace with a small heel. Evie is a very feminine woman, she takes pride in dressing herself up all pretty. She decided to to leave her hair down, which was a common occurrence.

Despite being the leader of an investigation to find a rouge beast of her own species, she still dressed as nicely as possible. Some days she wore her dresses, others she wore suits, or pantsuits. It just all depends. Unfortunately, she isn't rich enough to be able to afford her own carriage or to travel in anything fancy, but she did have her own horse. A beautiful Thoroughbred mare, jet black in color.

She was a gift when Evie was younger. And so she set off to town, heading to go speak about the investigation. While she's a werewolf herself, she is civilized and essentially 'domesticated'. Sometimes, werewolves don't become civilized.

This leads to them becoming rouge wolves, where they are able to shift back to a human anymore and become killing machines. They hang out in the forests and wait for anyone stupid enough to wander into the forest. She reached town, hitching her mare outside a building. Evie entered, dipping her head in courtesy to the man who greeted her. She walked down the oddly long hallway to a small room, where there was a board with evidence and whatnot pinned to it.

The classic investigation board. Nobody exactly knew the whereabouts of this wolf, so leaving town was basically a death wish. Which wasn't good at all for her, considering the fact she lived somewhat rural.

Evie could protect herself, she was incredibly strong for a wolf. She's among one of the strongest, oddly enough. But a measly human? No match for a wolf, weak or not. Not many knew what she was, and she was going to keep it that way. Wolves were looked down on, people feared them. She didn't need her reputation ruined just because of something she couldn't control. Evie patiently waited for the head detective to arrive, hoping to speak to her about something.

She thought she had heard something in the woods two nights ago, but she chose not to investigate. Evie desperately hoped it wasn't just some animal in the woods, and it was the wolf they were looking for.

(sorry it's short! unfortunately i'm very busy today)

Edited at January 16, 2023 03:33 PM by Blissful
Angrboda x BlissfulJanuary 17, 2023 12:16 AM

Angrboda

Darkseeker

Give Award
Long before the sun had begun peeking through the curtains of Esmeralda’s bedroom windows, the bed had already been made, and the young woman was already dressed and ready for the day, her long curls neatly pinned into an intricately styled bun. She wore a simple yet well-tailored Oxford-blue dress, the bodice fitting snugly against her corseted frame. Silver floral embroidery decorated the bottom edge of the skirt, as well as the neckline of the bodice. Beneath the bodice, she wore a simple long-sleeved black chemise with a high collar.
The woman had been sitting at her desk for hours, the oil in her lamp having dwindled significantly as she poured over notes on her current investigation. The nib of her ink pen now hovered over a blank sheet of paper as she made a poor attempt at crafting a response to a letter she had received from her father the evening prior. Before she had moved from France to the London countryside a few years ago, things were somewhat strained between them, but he showed such concern for her through his writing. In light of the recent string of animal attacks, perhaps he'd found it in his heart to appreciate his daughter instead of lamenting over the fact that she could not grant him the privilege of being a grandfather.
Es let out a heavy sigh, though a knock at the door brought her to her senses, "Come in," she said in a rather neutral tone. One of her servants entered- a red-headed woman by the name of Annabeth- and made a beeline to one of the windows to open the light blue curtains.
"Good mornin', m'lady," said Annabeth, her cheerful Irish brogue bringing a slight smile to Esmeralda’s face. The maid flitted from window to window, opening the curtains and allowing more light to flood into the room.
"Good morning, Anna," Es began, her eyes never leaving the blank paper before her, "I'm glad to see at least one of us had a good night's sleep." Her visions had an unfortunate habit of rousing her from her slumber, and due to their terrible nature, she often found it difficult to return to sleep. Last night's occurrence had been no different.
Annabeth laughed, returning to the door to grab her supply cart and wheel it into the room, "It seems I always manage to get enough sleep for the both of us, m'lady."
Esmeralda let out a light chuckle, finally capping her pen and setting it down, "That you do," She said as she stood from her desk, taking a moment to stretch the aching muscles of her back, "I believe the world would cease spinning should I ever wake feeling well-rested."
Before Anna could respond, another knock came from the doorway. Es turned her head and found her butler, Mr. Charles Carson, at the door. He was an older fellow, his dark hair having started to turn grey long ago.
"Good morning, Mr. Carson," Es said with a curt nod and a slight smile, "I assume you've come to fetch me for breakfast?"
"Indeed I have, my lady," he began, his baritone voice rumbling from his chest, "I also come bearing a letter for you- from Mr. Graves at the Bureau of Private Investigations."
Es quirked a quizzical brow at this revelation. What could he possibly have to tell her that could not wait until she arrived at the office?
Esmeralda approached Mr. Carson and retrieved the letter from him, careful not to touch his skin with her bare hand as she did so. She opened the envelope, pulling the folded parchment from its confines and reading the words carefully.
Her cheeks began to flush an angry shade of pink as she read through the letter, the tint spreading to her neck, forehead, and even her ears. Her teeth clenched as she read the closing line:
Your safety is my primary concern, Es.
Sincerely Yours,
Derek Graves
Esmeralda took a moment to compose herself, setting her jaw and folding the piece of parchment before tucking it in her bodice.
"Mr. Carson," she began, her voice more sterile than it had been mere moments ago, "Have Thomas bring about the carriage. I know it's earlier than expected, but it appears I have urgent business to attend to at the Bureau."
"Of course, my lady," said the older gentleman. He quickly turned on his heel and began walking briskly down the corridor and down the stairs to carry out Esmeralda’s request. The young heiress busied herself with putting on a pair of well broken-in black leather gloves that fit snugly against her hands, and began searching for her street coat.
By the time the carriage had been prepared and pulled around to the front of her small rural estate, she'd put on her black street coat and topped her head with a small black veiled hat, decorated with a black and blue feather pin attached to the banding. She didn't even stop to look at her breakfast before she was out the door with her briefcase that was filled with her case notes.
♤♤♤
"Miss Yendell," Derek began as he entered the office, shutting the door behind him, "I hope you don't mind, I know you made this appointment to speak to Lady Dumas, but I have recently taken over this investigation. What exactly brings you-"
Before he could finish his sentence, a sharp knock cut him off.
Derek sighed, running a hand through his slicked-back hair. He knew who the likely culprit was, but he still responded with: "Who is it?"
To put it simply, Lady Dumas was not pleased.
"Mr. Graves, you have precisely ten seconds to open this door before I find someone to break it."
The young business owner looked to Evie, a nervous laugh escaping his lips and a panicked look settling in his light blue eyes, "Give me just a moment, Miss Yendell."
He stood and briskly walked to the door, unlocking and opening it to reveal Esmeralda standing in the doorway, silver pocket watch in hand, "You timed me?" He asked, an incredulous look upon his face.
From where Evie sat, Esmeralda was hidden from view, as Derek's large frame blocked the doorway.
"Yes, and you had two seconds to spare. More courtesy than you deserve after this-" a rustling of paper could be heard, followed by the sound of it being shoved roughly into Derek's solid, well-built torso, "-How dare you remove me from the case I brought to your attention- better still, how dare you do so via letter instead of facing me as a man? I would expect such behavior from a schoolboy, but never from you, Mr. Graves."

Edited at January 17, 2023 02:46 AM by Angrboda
Angrboda x BlissfulJanuary 17, 2023 05:31 PM

honeymoon

Neutral

Give Award

Evie sat at the table, tapping her long fingernails against the stained wood. The man from the desk knocked twice on the door before entering, a wide smile on his face. "For you, miss," he spoke softly as he set a cup of coffee and a saucer down in front of her. She smiled warmly at him. "Thank you, sir," she responded as he walked out of the room.

It was made just to her liking, with lots of sugar. She had a preference for sweet things, and often found herself eating small little candies throughout the day. She sat patiently for the next few minutes, occupying herself with her mind. That was until an older man entered the office, confusing her greatly. Where was Esmeralda? She listened as he spoke, nodding her head.

Oh. That made more sense. He was just about to finish when he was cut off, causing Evie to widen her eyes and sharply turn her head to look at the cause of disturbance. A knock. A voice. There was Esmeralda, she could recognize that lovely voice from anywhere.

"Yes, of course," she said lightly as Mr. Graves spoke again to her. Evie watched the whole thing unfold with a look of utter amusement on her face, and it took everything in her to not burst out laughing. She sipped her sugary coffee as she tried to look past the doorframe in search of the woman, but unfortunately Mr. Graves blocked it.

Evie set her coffee back on the saucer and continued to look on, listening to the two speak. Boy, that didn't sound good. Above all the noise, she could hear the click-clack of hooves on cobblestone outside, and the neighs of the horses.

She recognized her own mare's neigh, and she could almost understand it. "Come outside, I can't wait all day!" She snorted in amusement, she knew that if that horse could talk she would do nothing but complain and ridicule everyone. Evangeline sipped her coffee again and then rested her head in the palm of her hand, tapping her fingers against her cheek.

Evangeline perked up at the sound of rustling paper, and she strained her neck for a better look. She still couldn't see anything, though. At this point she was highly invested in the whole situation. From what she gathered, he had sent a letter telling Esmeralda that he would be taking over the case. How rude, he didn't give either of them a say in it.

She debated whether she should get up and intervene, but she chose to sit and see how it played out for a little more. She continued to listen to the two bicker, alongside the impatient neighs of her mare. Evangeline only intended to speak to Esmeralda about a possible lead, not sit here all day because of some stupid decision.

Why did he think it was a smart idea to just take things into his own hands without telling anyone, anyway? It would only cause more issues when the obvious issue at hand was a rouge wolf that would continue to slaughter people. It should've been dealt with when it first started anyways. Finally, Evie had enough.

She rose to her feet, pushing in her chair. She sauntered over to the two, taking a spot next to Mr. Graves. "Will you two please stop bickering like two little schoolgirls? We have a bigger problem at hand," she paused, turning to Mr. Graves.

"You, sir, cannot just decide to put yourself in charge! Foolish behaviour," Evangeline clicked her tongue, shaking her head in disapproval. She eyed Esmeralda carefully, wary of what the woman might say. She always watched her words around the other woman in fear of angering her in even the slightest.

But now, she was just a little fed up. The clacking of hooves continued outside, but now she could hear the songs of birds. She shifted her weight onto her other foot, lifting her other so that now she was resting partially on her toes and her heel was in the air.

Evie could never just stand still, or on two feet. She was always swaying, shifting her weight from foot to foot, or standing on her toes. Sometimes she would put one foot on the other, it just depended. She looked from person to person, examining both of their faces. The noise continued from outside, and it was almost pissing her off now.

Being a wolf meant heightened senses. She could hear, smell, and see much, much better than anyone else. And it drove her nearly insane. The others likely couldn't hear the stomping, neighing, and yelling outside, but she could hear it perfectly clear.

Evangeline shifted her weight again as she glanced back down at Esmerleda. Now up close and personal, she noticed the slight height difference, and every little feature on the woman's face. She was quite pretty, actually. Evie examined the scar on her upper lip, tilting her head ever so slightly.

Edited at January 17, 2023 05:32 PM by Blissful
Angrboda x BlissfulJanuary 17, 2023 07:42 PM

Angrboda

Darkseeker

Give Award
Esmeralda, having been a bit embarrassed by the fact she'd been chastised by the woman who'd been patiently waiting in the office, straightened her street coat and composed herself, "You are quite right," she said, practically avoiding looking Derek in the eye, "Bickering will get us nowhere."
Derek closed his cornflower blue eyes as Evie spoke and took a deep breath before opening them once more, giving Esmeralda almost a pleading look, "My intention was not to anger you- though I knew that possibility was likely. As you may have read in my letter, your safety is my top priority." He looked to Evie, now, a rather annoyed expression plastered on his face, "And you, Miss Yendell, are not the only one who has come to my Bureau with a lead on this wolf crisis. He turned and began walking to his chair, pulling an envelope from his breast pocket and tossing it unceremoniously onto the polished oak desk, "At four o'clock this morning, two officers stumbled upon a body within the city limits, only nine blocks from here, in the same state as the ones found in the forest and along roads in the countryside. Scotland Yard has been sending patrols into the forest every night in an attempt to kill this beast, even hired professional hunters to do the job. You can see how well that has turned out." He gestured towards the board, littered with notes on each of the hunters, farmers, officers, businessmen and the like that had been killed since the first body had been discovered nearly two weeks ago.
Esmeralda visibly froze at the news of the body popping up in London Proper, an almost sad look to her steely grey eyes, though the rest of her face remained sterile. She'd already seen it, of course, if only in a vision. Unless the body that was found wasn't the only one.
Derek continued his spiel, sitting down in the chair, looking at the two young women standing in front of him, "Now, either this creature has gotten more bold, having evaded death for so long, or it has found a new hiding place. My decision to take over this case was out of a place of concern- I'd been hesitant to have you on this case when the attacks were strictly rural, Lady Dumas, but if this beast is in the city, I cannot in good conscience have you coming to the office. Your father would have me tied to a tree and left for dead if something were to happen to you."
He ran a hand through his blonde slicked-back hair once more, the sigh the escaped his lips slightly rustling the hairs of his mustache, "Now, Miss Yendell- what is it that you would like to discuss, now that both Lady Dumas and myself are present?" He pulled out a small notebook and uncapped an ink pen, prepared to take notes on what the young woman had to say.
Esmeralda shut the door behind her as she properly entered the small office, setting her briefcase down next to the desk. She sat herself in a chair in the corner, awaiting Evie's response to Mr. Graves.
In truth, she knew the man was right. Her father would be outraged if anything were to happen to her, his only daughter. But this revelation that someone had been killed so close to the Bureau had her mind spinning. What sort of wolf would be brazen enough to stalk the city streets at night, kill out in the open, yet leave the scene unnoticed?
Angrboda x BlissfulJanuary 17, 2023 08:19 PM

honeymoon

Neutral

Give Award

It was now her turn to listen. Evie eyed Derek carefully as he spoke to Esmeralda, and then her. She took note of the annoyed expression on his face, and decided to take a different approach to the situation. It was considerate that he didn't want to endanger Esmeralda, but her opinion from before still stood. "My apologies, sir. I am just quite worked up over the whole issue," she apologized, her tone soft. Her gaze followed him as he crossed the room to walk towards his chair.

Evie watched as he pulled an envelope from his pocket, a curious expression crossing her features. She turned her gaze back up to his face before quietly listening, processing the information he told both of them. Her expression quickly turned from curiosity to shock and horror. Another person dead? She narrowed her eyes, allowing herself to think for a moment.

As he sat in his chair, Evangeline quickly followed his lead. She took her own chair she previously sat in, glancing down at her now luke-warm coffee. Gross. She was barely paying attention as he spoke to Esmeralda, lost in thought. So far, the beast has only killed one person she knew well. It was unfortunate, but the death hadn't taken much of a toll on her.

She perked up upon hearing him address her now. Evie cleared her throat, recounting the events of that night in her head. "Well, to begin, I noticed an odd smell. Like hot, fresh blood. I didn't think much of it, until I heard the panicked screams and the howls. Never in my life have I heard a scream so desperate. It wasn't far from my home, maybe a little ways into the forest. I was going to go investigate, but that would be a death wish," she spoke quietly, the horrid screams replaying in her head.

Her gaze flickered towards Esmeralda, the sunlight streaming in from the window catching in her pale green eyes. For a moment, she thought about asking if she could go investigate with someone. Evie would be safe, that's one thing for sure. But as far as she knew, neither of the two in the room with her knew her little secret. She came from a long lineage of werewolves, and her family always kept it well hidden. There were rumours about it though, but nobody ever cared enough to look into it.

She was among the last of her family, her parents had passed a few years back. It was a tragic accident, but something lead Evie to believe it wasn't just an accident. Even thinking of what happened made her blood boil. The woman gently shook her head as if to clear her thoughts. What's in the past, should stay in the last. "So, how do you think we should approach this?" She spoke up again, her gaze settling on Derek.

Evangeline was being rather polite now, mostly to make up for her little outburst moments ago. She was mostly just worried that someone she held dear would end up being the next victim, and she would do anything in her power to prevent it. The whole thing stressed her out terribly, and made her want to scream and rip her own hair out. It was already bad enough that the wolf was in the city now, meaning anyone could become its next meal. Even the two in the room with her could end up dead.

Hell, even she could end up dead. A wolf wasn't very likely to attack another wolf, rouge or not. But on the rare occasion they will go for anyone they see, which seemed to be the case with this one. It was blood-thirsty, it wanted flesh and wouldn't hesitate to get it. Any opportunity it has would definitely be taken.

Angrboda x BlissfulJanuary 17, 2023 11:22 PM

Angrboda

Darkseeker

Give Award
"How do you think we should approach this?"
At this question, Mr. Graves and Lady Dumas were silent, both pondering the possible routes the investigation could take, especially if they didn't handle this situation with care. Too many bodies were popping up to take things slow and steady, and with Scotland Yard not having any luck at catching the beast, their options were very limited.
Esmeralda looked to Evie for a moment, having been rather distracted by her own folly to hardly look at the woman. She thought about how close Evie had been to losing her life, if she was close enough to an attack to smell the scent of blood in the air. She was lucky to even be here with them today. Es felt a twinge of guilt in her heart, knowing that Evie had likely been so cross with their squabbling earlier for that very reason- and for it to have been so close to Evie's home? It seemed almost unreal.
Es thought about her vision for a moment, trying to remember the fragmented scenes that had been conjured in her mind as she slept. She was searching for anything that could be used to help guide Derek in the right direction. She replayed every scene over and over in her head, recalling the sounds and sights she'd witnessed.
The scrape of metal on stone
The scream of a dying man
His cold, dead eyes, seeming to stare up into her own
An open sewer grate...
"If it's in the city-" Es began, finally breaking the heavy silence that had settled over the three investigators, "- and nobody's seen hide nor hair of it, then it likely found a way into the sewers. I suppose we should write to Scotland Yard, have them secure any loose grates and seal off all access points into the sewer system- they have enough manpower to get that done before nightfall. It can't hurt anyone if it can't get out."
Derek pondered this for a moment, a grin forming on his features as he thought this option through, "That's actually quite brilliant," he said, leaning down to open one of the large desk drawers and rummaging through the many papers within it, "If it can't get out of the sewers, it can't eat. If we can hold out long enough, it will either starve to death, or become too weak to fight off a decent team of riflemen- A-ha-" He pulled out two large pieces of folded paper, unfolding them and placing them on the desk, -"A map of London City, and a map of the sewer system." Both pieces took up a large portion of the desk, and he had to stand to see them both clearly. He bent over the desk, eyeing the two maps closely.
Esmeralda stood, joining him as he poured over the maps. She collected the letter from Scotland Yard, skimming through it, "It says the body was found at the intersection of Wood Street and Cheapside- is there a grate nearby?"
Derek scanned the sewer map for a moment, his finger trailing along the paper. He tapped a point on the map, looking first to Evie, then to Es, "Right here."
Esmeralda turned her attention to Evie, her silvery eyes locking with the young woman's pale green ones, "Where, exactly, do you live, Miss Yendell?" She inquired, hoping to figure out the likely path the beast had taken to get into the sewers.
Angrboda x BlissfulJanuary 18, 2023 09:42 AM

honeymoon

Neutral

Give Award

Evie clasped her hands together on the stained oak table, gingerly rubbing her own hand with her thumb. Her gaze followed her thumb as she did so, watching as her nail dragged lightly across her bare skin. The room hung silent, but there was no uncomfortable tension. Not that she could sense, anyway. She knew the other two were considering what she had said, and her question of what they should do about the situation.

It was obvious they couldn't do much if their current attempt wasn't even working. Hell, they didn't even know exactly where the wolf is. She unclasped her hands and brought one to her head, smoothing down some of her curled hair. It was a mere attempt to comfort herself. Evangeline was not one who performed well under pressure, or in any stressful situation.

Now that there was silence in the room, she tuned into whatever was going on outside. Someone yelling about a horse, and the sounds of clacking hooves that made her think the horse was rearing or pacing impatiently. Her eye twitched slightly in annoyance of the sound. Evangeline snapped her attention to Esmeralda as she began to speak. The sewers? She never would've thought of that.

She knew that Esmeralda is a clever woman, but Evie didn't exactly expect that answer. But it did make sense. She nodded her head in agreement, new thoughts filling her head. Her focus was on Derek now, watching as he rummaged through his desk. She was relatively quiet now, allowing the two to have full focus on what they're doing. Derek now held up a map of London, piquing her interest.

Her eyes followed his finger as he trailed around the map, tapping on a grate. Evangeline then turned her gaze towards Esmeralda, only to find the other woman staring into her eyes. Almost immediately she was overwhelmed with three strange sensations all at once- intimidation, uncomfortableness, and something else she couldn't place. She only lasted a few seconds before she broke eye contact, shifting her gaze to the floor.

"Deerfield. It's by the meadow on the east side of the forest, big green house," Evie responded. She pictured her house now- a lovely place in the style of a classic, big Victorian home. It was green with black trim, and had a big porch with a path leading up to it. The path and porch was lined with rose bushes. There were many flowers around her house, but in her opinion, the roses were the prettiest.

She had a big backyard before it faded into the forest. The golden meadow was next to her house, not that far away. It was a lovely spot, on a quiet day she could hear the river that flowed through the back part of her yard and into the forest. Evangeline inherited the home and property from her mother. She had a good bit of property, owning about half of the woods and almost the entirety of the meadow.

It was nothing extravagant compared to what the rich folk are used to, but she loved it. Evie spent her summers walking in the woods, picking berries and mushrooms or just enjoying nature. Or, sometimes she would wade in river and pick out pretty stones she saw. She turned her focus back to Esmeralda, still avoiding locking eyes with her again. She didn't know what that feeling was, but she didn't want to experience it again.

There was a grate not too far from her home, which may have been an access point to the city. She didn't pay attention to it this morning, but it very well could've been open. Evie thought for a minute. "There's a grate not too far away.. I don't remember if it was open or not when I left. If the wolf were to go in through there, it wouldn't be closed now," she added.

If the wolf was clever enough, it would know to flee into the sewers after making its kill in the woods. And she didn't doubt for a second that's what happened. It suddenly all clicked together, flipping like a switch. Evie understood more now. Perhaps the wolf hadn't gone totally rouge, and was at least somewhat conscious of its actions.

If this was the case, then maybe there might be some connection between the killings? Evie thought it over for a minute, her gaze absentmindedly resting on Esmeralda now.

Forums > Roleplay > 1x1
   1    2 

Refresh

Copyright ©2013-2024 Go Go Gatsby Designs, LLC    All Rights Reserved
Terms Of Use  |   Privacy Policy   |   DMCA   |   Contact Us