-WP Click-
 Zeraphia
08:29:30 Vah stalks forums
Tech

Yes
 Zeraphia
08:29:26 Vah stalks forums
Never

XDD honestly though. I've kind of just given up trying to fight my roots.

I'm probably going to order a pair of western work boots later this week to replace my crappy tennis shoes.

I grew up with cowboys and that thing and my goodness, I'm going to go back to them.
 Tech
08:28:56 
Chat
Yes or no?
 Nevermore.
08:28:24 Never/Nev
Vah

Awh, that's too bad! Socks just look funny with open toed shoes as well :")

I've never been one to wear open toed shoes, so I wouldn't know lol However, if I could I would wear my riding boots everywhere :")
 Zeraphia
08:27:00 Vah stalks forums
Exist

Oh man an S-pen. I've only seen them but sometimes it doesn't look too comfy
 Zeraphia
08:26:36 Vah stalks forums
Never

Oof shivering sucks.

My toes are the reason that I can't wear open toed shoes.

Which kind of sucks because some are kinda cute.
 Existence
08:26:21 Exist / Kuskyn
Vah, my middle finger isn't loving my s-pen though unfortunately but that's okay I'll work through it xD
 Boo
08:25:59 Chrissy
cat,
that's awesome!
 Ormous
08:25:04 Zephyrus (he,Him)
Andromeda Ravenwood found 10 mushrooms!

Stats: Luck +3
Mood: Triumphant
Leaderboard: +5 Points
 Nevermore.
08:25:02 Never/Nev
Vah

Its currently 71 inside and I'm about ready to put a sweater on before I make dinner :")

My toes don't turn purple but I will shiver until my back gets thrown out x.x
 Bobcat
08:24:09 (She) Cat {no bob}
Boo
Thanks. I forgot. I get to get my DF another week.
 Zeraphia
08:24:01 Vah stalks forums
Exist

As you should be XD
 Zeraphia
08:23:29 Vah stalks forums
Never

Oh I feel that. Sometimes, it's the worst.

It's like 76 in the house and my toes are purple.
 Boo
08:23:25 Chrissy
monday morning, yes.
 Existence
08:23:19 Exist / Kuskyn
Vah, I am loving them as well xD
 Bobcat
08:22:59 (She) Cat {no bob}
Chat
Doesn't DS happen on Mondays?
 Nevermore.
08:22:25 Never/Nev
Vah

I get cold when it is under 85 degrees with a small breeze, so I really like summer :")

Refresh

You must be a registered member for more
than 1 day before you can use our chatbox.
Quests
Alliance Battles
Challenges

Hourly Damage Variances
Bengal Tiger : +1
Death Adder : -5
Bobcat : +1
    Winter   Day  Weather:  Blizzard

Forums

→ Wolf Play is a fun game! Sign Up Now!

My Subscriptions
My Bookmarks
My Topics
Latest Topics
Following
Forums > Roleplay > 1x1
   1    2 

bruiser x iconium | 1x1April 30, 2024 05:36 PM

Iconium

Neutral

Give Award
for us only, please don't post :')

Iconium

Neutral

Give Award
res plot plans / info

Iconium

Neutral

Give Award

Name:

Avenn Maise Delacreusse

Nicknames:

None, although she's casually referred to as Avenn by much of the kingdom, a stark contrast to that of her parents' reign.

Nineteen

Female

Familial Dynamics:

Avenn has been raised by her father her entire life, and has softened him quite a bit despite his harsh and authoritarian reign. She has one older brother who has chosen the route of being in the military rather than ruling from the castle, so she sees him very infrequently. She doesn't know much of her mother other than the fact that she was exiled from the kingdom and punished when it was discovered that she had magic.

Appearance:

Avenn stands just above average in height for her kingdom at roughly 5'7" with a petite, girlish figure that is often hidden beneath large, floaty gowns. She has wild brown hair that falls messily down her back, and seems to have natural reddish and blondish highlights. Her eyes are a pale hazel color with specks of colors that seem patterned like the dusting of freckles on her nose.

Clothing Style:

Avenn primarily wears formal clothing in the colors of her kingdom: white, gray, and gold, with some accents of warm hues. Despite this, she has a penchant for getting them dirty due to her clumsiness and overall reckless behavior, so it is quite easy to find her wearing something that is tattered, frayed, or stained at the edges. Despite this, she will occasionally dress up and act like a lady, much to the surprise and awe of many of those around her.

Scent:

Smells distinctively feminine and floral, like jasmine and rosewater. Beyond this, she frequently smells like the forest, fresh air, and old books due to where she spends her time.

Social Dynamics:

tba

Backstory:

tba

Skills [known]:

tba

Magic Abilities:

tba

Affiliations:

Korivil Salander - Avenn's fiance, whom she finds quite boring and judgmental. She frequently claims he doesn't know how to have fun.

Jax - Avenn's childhood best friend, who was sentenced to life in a contained village filled with criminals until Avenn could find a suitor to marry her. This happened because of an incident that called the princess' purity into question, and threatened the nature of their friendship.

Arivil Delacreusse - Aven's father, who tries to control her at every step, but often falls short due to her wild and unpredictable ways. He is the king of the sun kingdom.

Aesivil Delacreusse - Aven's brother, who has gone away on some rogue military expeditions in faraway lands. They were once extremely close, but have not spoken much due to his absence from the kingdom.

Other:

none for now :)

Edited at May 2, 2024 11:49 PM by Iconium
bruiser x iconium | 1x1April 30, 2024 06:27 PM

Bruiser

Neutral

Give Award
res for my boyo c:

THE MOON

MYERS "AUGUSTUS" JACKSON

Name: Myers "Augustus" Jackson

Will always introduce himself as Augustus, mostly to stray away from his dead name. If he trusts you, he will use his real name.

Nicknames: Auggie, August, Jackson

Common nicknames granted of use by him for his friends. He could care less what you call him, honestly.

Alias(es): Augustus Grayson

This name was given to him once he was put into banishment and sent to a certain Kingdom. They gave him this name as a 'fresh start', though he still uses his real name from time to time. Most know his real name by now anyways.

Sex: Male

Sexuality: Heterosexual

While he's had some flings, relationships has never been his concern... except with one woman who he claims he's over.

Role: The Banished

Being banished for the second time since he was about ten years old, Myers was sent away to a remote village because of his actions with the King's daughter. He's been smuggling for the small village for quite some time now, he would say ever since he was about fourteen. He's made quite the group of friends since them.

Magic Abilities

Appearance: Myers stands at roughly six foot, holding himself with good posture and a mild muscular physique, made up of broad shoulders and a slimmer waist. His skin is a tan from working out in the sun, freckles and scares littering his body, most prominent on his chest and the tops of his shoulders. He has a long stride, holding himself up with pride regardless of his reputation. Most of his height would be because of his legs, though his long-ish torso donates to it. Some could describe his stature like a bear - though harmless - because of how broad he is and how well he holds himself up. Most find it surprising to see such a low-society man with such good manners.

Myers's face shape is more of a diamond shape, his jawline being defined with slightly definite cheekbones. His eyes are slightly sunken in as well, eye bags lingering beneath them. He's always had them, and it becomes obvious when he hasn't had any sleep as his eyes grow droopy and even more tired looking. Speaking of, his eyes are of a vibrant blue - reminiscent of the sea in some ways - and have thin, yet long, dark eyelashes to rim them. They are almond in shape. His bright eyes are contrasted above from his dark eyebrows - full and thick - being quite rectangular in shape. There is a slight arch at the ends of them, helping to frame the roundness of his eyes as well. His nose sits in the middle of his surprisingly handsome face. It's a bit large, the shape of it being straight with a slight bump in the middle. It sits slightly crooked because of a few fights that ended badly, resulting in the breaking of it. His lips are a rosy pink color, quite light in value. They are normally cracked and chapped. His bottom lip is slightly heavier than the top, but are by no means thin or 'invisible'.

As for the young man's hair - it's dark in color, probably a dark brown that appears black in mostly every light aside from direct sunlight where you can see the slight change in color. It's messy and unkept, slightly curly in some areas and others not so much. It sits like a dirty mop on top of his head, growing barely past his ears and on the back, reaches about the middle of his neck. He keeps it out of his face as much as possible, normally pushing it behind his ears as it's not exactly long enough to put back. A light stubble can also be seen growing on his face, hiding the sharpness of it just enough. He will clean shave if requested out of respect, but normally lets it grow as much as he pleases.

Aroma

Personality

Charming | Witty | Cautious

Adventerous | Easy-going | Open-minded

Protective | Hot-headed

Strengths

Weaknesses

Affiliations:

Avenn --

Avenn's Father --

Freya --

Gordon --

Kin: Father and mother are both deceased. Or assumed to be. He has no known siblings though it isn't impossible.

Father -- Myers' father was a very toxic man though he never laid a hand on him or his mother. He was a great politician - or would make for one - if that weren't for his exile. When Myers was just about 8, his father was exiled for reasons he was never known and he hasn't been seen since.

Mother -- His mother was a great soul and tried her best right up to the end. She died not shortly after Myers was sent away to for being a troublemaker. He is unaware of this, but he knows that the kindness of his heart comes from her.

Other

Edited at May 27, 2024 08:40 PM by Bruiser
bruiser x iconium | 1x1May 15, 2024 10:56 PM

Iconium

Neutral

Give Award

Just when Avenn thought things could not have gotten more bizarre, the skies opened up in the sun kingdom and a warm mist began to envelop the brunet amidst the relentless sunshine. With droplets of water clinging to her hair and weighing down her floaty white gown, the young woman narrowed her eyes to make out the silver-haired figure before her, who was going on and on about something incomprehensible to her. Something about love, something about forever, something about–

“Okay, can we just get this over with?” She offered him a charming smile that did not match the gesture she’d extended, one that had become startlingly more unladylike with the loud delivery that had been performed over the deafening sounds of the showers that were echoing off the stone walls of the courtyard and rolling across the meadows beyond them.

“I’m sorry, your radiance?” He–as he often did–seemed lost and confused, yelling back through the torrential downpour with an expression that demonstrated his lack of depth in a way that could not be replicated.

“Stop talking,” she commanded, slightly more loudly and without stepping an inch closer to him. “I will be your wife, and I’m leaving.”

With a departure that was as abrupt as the entirety of their relationship, the young woman left her beau lying in the mud, disregarding an insurmountable number of customs that would have been more appropriate for her to follow. Despite this, she had one thing, and one thing only on her mind, and not even the first change in weather in almost a decade could have caused her to pause in her pursuit.

“Avenn, where are you off to at this hour?”

The girl turned on her heel and looked her father up and down, studying his disapproving expression and matching it with one of her own. “Where do you think, father? And, it’s hardly an odd hour to rekindle a friendship, it’s past dawn which is hardly an odd hour for an engaged woman to do anything, don’t you think?”

“So you accepted.”

“So you care.”

“Avenn, this is preposterous. All of this to pardon a criminal-”

“So you call him, I’d prefer to call him my friend. A very good one at that.”

Sighing heavily, the king dismissed his daughter with a wave of his hand. “I’ve never been able to control you, why would I be able to start now.” Then, in a lower grumble, “I should have stopped at a male heir.”

Although she had turned to leave and had taken several lofty strides toward the door, the latter sentiment stopped her, caused her to spin once more, a disbelieving look on her face. “And what fun that would have been! Perhaps then you could have forced him away sooner, no?”

Without stopping to wait for the argument that might have ensued, Avenn left in a brisk manner, having now gathered the few things that she needed from her quarters before her journey off into the wilderness.

The carriage ride down to the city of prisoners, known by the locals as Ithab’kar, was impossibly long to a girl who had never been known for her patience and had only succeeded in trying her own in her pursuits toward making this day possible. As she’d learned, it wasn’t quite as easy as she’d initially thought to find a suitor willing to marry her, or anyone for that matter. The sun kingdom was known for having men with impossibly high standards who lacked passion and commitment. She’d been through hundreds over the past four and a half years just trying to find someone willing to participate in a simple ceremony so that she could have her friend back. It was all so simple in her mind, a favor to her father for a favor in return. It seemed clear to both of them that the other would be unwilling to fulfill their wishes without having the other thing given in return, so the pair, despite their stubbornness, had overcome themselves to concede to one another for the first time in both of their lives. Avenn had gotten Korivil to propose to her, so she was, in turn, allowed to grant a partial pardon to her beloved Jax. This thought only became more of a reality as her eyes finally found the impossibly high walls of the city, which only became taller as they approached. The city seemed made for giants.

“Your radiance, are you sure you would like to enter? We can go in and fetch him for you.”

“No, I’d quite like to see what he’s been up to these last years. I’ll be fine, I’m not wearing anything of value, am I?” Her innocent gaze followed the carriage driver’s eyes down to the gaudy ring on her finger. “Oh, this? It’s worth nothing to me. Not at all.”

With a wave of her hand, Avenn felt the familiar roll of the vehicle as they pressed on toward the interior of the city. Despite the less than picturesque sights and smells, the young woman held hope in her heart that in no time at all, she would finally be reunited with her closest and dearest friend.

bruiser x iconium | 1x1May 16, 2024 09:49 PM

Bruiser

Neutral

Give Award

"Eat shit, Gordon," Myers huffed out of frustration. His companion chuckled, letting go of his friend. Gordon would consider it a prank gone well while Myers had dropped everything he had smuggled and had his knife ready to use.

"Sorry, sorry," Gordon said with a smirk. He picked up a few things. "Couldn't help it."

Myers rolled his eyes. "Clearly," he said with a small chuckle. Gordon picked up a small tied leather bag, throwing up and catching it again. Something jingled on the inside and it sounded expensive.

"Whose the client?" Gordon asked.

"Some old man. He wanted me to bring it back here. He refused the cargo," Myers stated. He grabbed the rest of the things, hugging them in his arm. "I have not looked to see what it is." Myers began walking, the mud below him staining his dark black boots brown and disgusting. His white shirt was practically stained tan by now, his black bottoms dusted. He cleared his throat.

"Any news?" He asked. The pair had walked long enough already that they reached one of many hideouts within the city. Scaling the walls was never an option for a smuggler, so small tunnels and hidden passageways had been dug out years ago. They were no longer in use by the city, so when it became housing for criminals... it was used to do more criminal activities.

Gordon shook his head, taking the belongings out of Myers' hands and beginning to lay them out on the beaten wooden floors of the quiet building. It was towards the south entrance of the establishment and was basically abandoned and had been for years.

"Actually..." Gordon inhaled. "Your lady friend."

Myers cocked a brow as if to ask what his friend meant.

"Freya has found out some interesting news." Gordon said. Another familiar smirk was plastered on his face which normally didn't mean anything good.

"Like..?" Myers questioned, throwing up his hands to gesture with them.

"You'll see later."

"Seriously?"

"Serious as ever."

Myers shook his head. The two talked for a while before a few hours had gone by. Soon, someone barged into the room. Myers had gone for his knife, quick to react, but relaxed when it was an acquaintance. He sighed softly.

"Someone's lookin' for ya Myers," the man said.

"And when has that ever stopped me from finding them first?" Myers questioned sarcastically.

"This is serious. Word of royalty."

Myers turned to Gordon who stood beside him, almost in disbelief.

Avenn.

Could it be? Years apart? Her father could never allow her visiting. He shook his head. "What realm?"

"Sun."

Myers hummed softly to himself before he would exit the delapatating building, rushing out of the doors. Myers was quick to find himself in one of the many taverns. Guards were quick to grant Myers permission to enter them as he was someone who was on "good behavior". He did his work and of course his other work. He figured staying within the high walls of Ithab'kar was better than no roof or food at all. At least here he was respected.

Familiar faces had observed Myers. To most he was a figure, to others he was an enemy, and some barely even a friend but got along decently well. His reputation was always wavering but Myers figured to keep his enemies closer than his friends.

"Myers," a feminine voice said. Myers looked up from the booth he sat at, shaking his head.

He inhaled. "Freya."

"You've heard the news?" She asked. Myers shook his head.

"Sounds like you really wanted to tell everyone but me." Myers tone had grown quite stern. Avenn... or Enny as Myers would call her, was a former close friend before her father ordered exile on him. It ruined him, and he had never stopped thinking about her since. As much as he wanted to move on... something inside him was forever drawn to her.

"You sound offended." Freya shifted across from him.

"Huh, I wonder why," Myers said harshly. "You know, at first it was fun but now all you do is just get on my nerves and get in my head."

"Oh Myers..." Freya's eyes wandered for a moment before meeting his. "You know all I want to do is help you." She reached for his rough and calloused hand, dirty and rough. Hers were gentle and soft and could never hurt a fly as much as she claimed she could.

Fallen angels stayed fallen when they lose their power.

Myers didn't say anything. Freya pleased him when he needed it but it wasn't in the way he had ever craved. He was never attracted to her the same way he was with Avenn. Sometimes he wished he had never tried anything with her. Never befriended her. Never got close with her. At least then he'd never have to feel this ache of longing inside of him. He could feel Freyas eyes burning into his own, but he didn't bat an eye.

Especially not when he saw who entered the building.

A rush of memories flooded his mind, and Myers was quick to rise to his feet. She looked so grown now. Would she even recognize him? He inhaled, quick to approach and keep her as far away from the slobs that were the criminals he had been running a much with for the past years. He wished they would be meeting under different circumstances.

When he got close, he smelled the familiar aroma that followed her around like her shadow. Almost like how he did all those years ago. A breath of fresh air among the dirt and shit that littered the streets. Her hair was still as messy and free as he could remember and her eyes seemed to be even more delightful than before. He could feel his chest get warm and his eyes feel more and more wide than before as he took in her appearance. He was unsure of what to say.

"Whose this?" Freya had appeared seemingly out of nowhere. She was teasing and Myers knew that. The man ignored her before he looked at her, his gaze hardening with distaste. He grabbed Freya by the arm and moved her to the side.

"You say a fucking thing - and I mean anything - I will tell everyone here what you are and you would not like that." Myers was stern and stiff, waving a finger at her.

"Aww Myers you're so cute when you're being stern," Freya said with a bright smile, looking at the princess up and down. She was quick to dismiss what was in front of her. Myers knew she could care less as she did with most things.

"I mean it."

"Whatever you say boss," she said and walked out, quick to push past the princess. Myers was quick to look at Avenn.

"Why are you here?" He was quick to ask.

bruiser x iconium | 1x1May 22, 2024 01:00 AM

Iconium

Neutral

Give Award

Avenn had been to Ithab’kar three times in her life, but the unforgettable cityscape had never left her mind. It was much dirtier now than it had once been, although Avenn was comparing it now to the way it had been when she’d first visited as a young child, when her father had come to announce its completion to their people. She’d been there as a public figure that day, a symbol of unity with no actual power. Not much had changed since then, although she’d managed to get this far without any sort of hindrance. When Myers had been sent here, it had been without her knowledge or blessing, and she’d not been allowed to go with him to see him off. The last time she’d seen him, things had been…tense, and it left the slightest bit of hesitation and doubt in the back of her mind regarding whether or not she’d done the right thing by coming here. For all she knew, he had a whole new life and had either forgotten all about her or fell into the culture of the prisoner city and had come to hate or resent her. Regardless, she knew that she wouldn’t be satisfied until she saw him for herself, regardless of what sort of condition she might find him in.

Although the city was a fairly large place, it was primarily composed of workstations and residential buildings, leaving little to the imagination as to what his whereabouts might have been at an evening hour with no other responsibilities. Although Avenn hadn’t brought many of the king’s staff with her, she had brought two of her most trusted servants, the one who was driving the carriage and the one who had assumed a role similar to a glorified bouncer. It was true that all individuals were strictly prohibited from touching or standing too closely to a member of the royal family due not only to tradition but also to the risks posed by the type of magic they wielded. It was Cjedrivil’s job to ensure that everyone stayed seven lengths away from the young princess at all times, and especially her due to her unpredictable nature and lack of grasp on both her feelings and her magic. Maturity had brought her brother and her father great success in managing these things, especially as forms of magic beyond the traditional gifts of the royal family had come to be a death sentence in their kingdom.

In this way, Olidivil had made fairly light work of the tavern crowds while Cjedrivil stood guard over the princess, who awaited news of her old friend from the safety and comfort of the carriage. The three watering holes within the city were all placed on the same alley, so it hadn’t been quite so difficult to locate someone from within them. After a brief amount of time, the carriage driver returned and gestured for the security guard to switch places with him, at which point he asked the princess to wait outside while he cleared the space.

Not long after the door had swung open, Avenn identified that Cjedrivil had cleared the space necessary for her to walk, and her eyes followed the cleared pathway to a familiar figure awaiting her at the back of the building. A more efficient guard might have simply asked the young man to step outside for a moment, but hers had always been intrigued by grandiosity. If she’d been more grounded in the moment, perhaps she would have felt a bit flustered by all of the eyes that had immediately turned to her when she’d been announced by her guard. However, her eyes were focused on one thing, and one thing only.

His hair was much longer, grown out from the buzzcut that had been forced onto him by Avenn’s father due to his prisoner status in childhood, but his face hadn’t changed much. He seemed a bit rougher than he used to–a few bumps here, bruises there–but resembled the slightest bit of the boyish mischief that had initially attracted her to him. Although confident in every situation known to man, Avenn almost felt nervous under his bright gaze, his face showing an expression she couldn’t yet detect, his lips slightly parted in what might have been surprise, awe, or confusion.

As she drew closer, a few details became clearer to her. His freckles were more prominent under the bronzed quality of his skin, and stubble created the illusion of maturity on his boyish features. She went as close to him as she could in the eyes of the law, the faint memory of what had happened when last they’d broke it playing repeatedly in the back of her mind. While she hadn’t then, she wished in that moment that they might share space once more, somewhere more private than this. This was far too public to think of even a gentle or friendly touch, despite what she would have liked. Settling into the tension between them as they studied each other with similar expressions, Avenn couldn’t help but feel that something about him was both the same as it ever was and entirely different. Yet, she couldn’t ascertain why.

Before the pair could properly reacquaint themselves with one another, another woman stepped in, acting protectively over Myers. Avenn watched with a blank expression as the interaction played out between the pair of them, standing her ground as the woman brushed past her. She was dangerously close to coming within Avenn’s bubble of space, which was only validated by the hasty step Cjedrivil took in preparation for if the woman decided to be any more brazen. Unsure of where this left them, the young woman was grateful for the fact that he broke the silence first. His voice was deeper and raspier than it had been when they were children, just another small detail that was building into the greater picture of this man who seemed to be her greatest friend and yet her least known stranger.

“What’re you doing here?”

“Well,” she smiled softly, raising her ringed hand and gesturing to it, “we made a promise once, and I told you I’d keep up my end of the deal. It took me less time than I was given, but as you may know, I might’ve been a bit motivated.”

She watched him with an amused expression, trying to discern what was going through his mind. He always seemed to be lost in it, and she would have given anything to be lost in it with him at that moment.

“I’m here, finally, to offer you a temporary pardon. It’ll be official on the terms of the royal family, which are, one, that I marry, and two, that you accept a role as kingdom mapmaker for a duration of at least a hundred suns. It’s primarily symbolic, unless of course a new land is discovered, but it keeps you in my inner circle.” She paused briefly, drawing in a breath, as if unsure of herself, “which is where I’d like you, if, that’s still what you want. Is it?”

Waiting expectantly, Avenn gestured to Freya, who was still nearby, seemingly staring the pair down. She wasn’t sure what kind of a life he had here, and if it was better than the one they’d had together as children. She was afraid it was, but ultimately realized that she’d have to let him make up his own mind. She only hoped he’d make the right decision, and one that would not leave her traveling home alone, feeling lonelier than she had in the entirety of his absence from her life.

bruiser x iconium | 1x1May 24, 2024 04:59 PM

Bruiser

Neutral

Give Award
Myers could see how much Avenn had grown up. Once a little girl he knew from years ago - practically a decade - was now a young woman. She was going to rule the land at some point somewhere, and Myers had always feared he wouldn't be able to be a part of it. But as she stood in front of him, her brown hair laying gently on her shoulders and her bright hazel eyes looking into his own made him realize something - Myers was a part of something bigger than he could've properly imagined. Would it be now? Would his life in this forsaken place be over soon?

And as the news came, Myers was quick to shake his head. Marriage. A partial pardon. Becoming mapmaker for her kingdom. Being in her inncer circle. Would this even be possible? Would her father allow for this? Myers always tried his best to stay on the older man's good side, but he never seemed to please him enough. Maybe he felt bad for Myers and that was the only reason he kept him around until he risked the princess's reputation.

What was she even thinking right now? Her childhood bestfriend stood in front of her - all grown up among criminals and the dust of the Ithab'kar roads covering him. His eyes were tired and his hands rough. This was not a man fit to be alongside a princess anymore. But to be alongside the woman he had longed for... that was a different story. Something deep inside him shook though when he felt the word 'marriage' replay in his head. Continuously for some reason, too. He swallowed slightly, glancing at the guards that had accompanied her. Myers gave a slight nod as a welcome or maybe a thank you... he wasn't so sure himself. What could he possibly be sure of?

"Avenn..." he trailed off. The offer was huge - gracious, even. Myers knew he would accept either way as it meant he would be with her, but for how long until she was married. He smiled softly but almost as some sort of cover-up. What was there to say? Thank you wasn't enough. Maybe he could offer some stolen gems or steal something more grand. That way he could put something about him to use at least.

"I accept everything." His smile grew larger and he felt himself grow warm on the inside. Excitement. His eyes brightened and his gaze softened on the woman in front of him. He didn't dare question about the marriage. At least not now. It wouldn't be right. He already thought of it as being some sort of hooligan from a far away land, and a man that didn't know how to be a man because he had everything handed to him the second he was born. Myers scoffed gently at the thought.

At least Myers had fought for something and someone.

"I, uh, need to gather my things. Would you come with me?" He asked, offering his arm for her to link to. But before he got too far, Gordon approached quickly.

"My grace," he said with a small bow. Myers rolled his eyes.

Myers never told really anyone about him and Avenn. He knew it would be used against him, and when Freya and Gordon helped Myers get his start in his pastime of stealing and carrying cargo, he told them that he knew her and they had somewhat of a friendship and nothing more. His reasoning was always 'Why would a princess like a poor boy?', but clearly, something had changed. Maybe not. Perhaps Avenn simply missed her friend. They couldn't be much more than just friends right? Not with a marriage in question. And her father. Besides, what made him suitable anyway?

But of course, that would never stop Myers from at least trying as discretely as possible.

"I've heard about you before from this guy here," Gordon said with a smile. He looked at Avenn then to Myers who shook his head in disapproval. "He's a gentleman. He might have something nice for you if you ask." Gordon gave a slight smirk. Myers shook his head and exhaled sharply in annoyance.

"Do not listen to him," Myers stated harshly. Gordon gave a soft chuckle.

"I mean no disrespect. What are you doing with him anyway? He can't be good for much..." Myers knew that what Gordon was saying was supposed to be in a teasing way, but Myers did begin to wonder himself, which caused him to turn towards Avenn as if to ask the same question. He kept silent, but wasn't sure of what else to say anyway. He huffed softly.

(Let me know if I need to add to this as I can but wanted to leave most of it open for you to respond to :D)
bruiser x iconium | 1x1May 25, 2024 12:20 AM

Iconium

Neutral

Give Award

Avenn couldn’t help the air that escaped her chest at the news that he would accept her offer, although this allowed a doubt to creep in that had not been there before. Was he only saying yes because royalty had commanded it from him? Was it because she was offering him a version of freedom that came at a small cost? She barely knew him anymore, and it was difficult for her to comprehend if what she was doing was the right thing for anyone, especially when she had no one in her corner to consult on her own heart-led choices. The Myers that had been sent away years prior was one who had never been concerned with her status–at least, outwardly–and had always been the only person in her corner willing to speak his mind to her face. The smile on his face indicated something genuine, but she was still unsure of who he was now and if he would have rejected the offer if the circumstances had been different. Still, if there hadn’t been a thousand laws against it and at least a hundred eyes on them, something deep within her yearned to be back in his arms–a thought she most abruptly pushed away for the moment.

“Splendid,” she replied, matching his smile. Her eyes circled his irises, taking in the electric blue hue of his eyes. They’d both hesitated, as if drinking each other in for the second time, in a way that was perhaps too intimate for both of them on the inside and caused Avenn to yearn for a privacy that she had not ever been delegated. Even when she’d spent her childhood years with Myers, she’d rarely been left alone. She could count on one hand the number of times she’d ever been alone at all, let alone with him. In fact, the only one she could think of was the one that had separated them. Since then, her father had upped her security and reduced the number of visitors she was allowed to receive. Even her visits with suitors were chaperoned by multiple guards, for fear that politics could quickly endanger her rather than bring peace to her already chaotic life.

"I, uh, need to gather my things. Would you come with me?" His words came in such a way that he seemed to drag them out, unsure of his thoughts until they’d arrived at his lips. She blinked several times, willing herself to stop thinking of what had happened between them and what he was doing to her at that moment. Had she always had such a physical reaction to his presence, or was she simply excited to see him? It was an exciting moment, wasn’t it? Wouldn’t anyone have reacted that way?

Her gaze was fixated on the extended arm that she could not take, as much as she would have liked to. “I’d like that,” she replied, “is it more…private…than this? I prefer not to make this type of a scene more than once in one day.”

Her smile was charming, indicative of humor, but her eyes held a candidness that she could not have pushed away if she’d tried. She thought she might have seen a dejected quality come across the brief frown on his face and the slump in his shoulders as he lowered his arm, and she offered him a small, sad smile as she clasped her hands together, unwilling to cause unnecessary trouble in their day. The last time they’d touched, something happened. Something neither of them could have explained with magic or reason. Was his reaction a sign that he remembered? That he thought about it as much as she had? That there was the slightest chance she wished to do it again, to see what might occur?

Before their eyes could meet again from that brief reaction, another individual approached her, addressing her in a manner that was disrespectful to her name and title. She studied him briefly, flashing her eyes up to Myers to see whether the man was malicious or simply ignorant, then took a step back toward her guards just in case. Based on her friend’s reaction, he was harmless and ignorant. She could live with that, many of the people locked in this village were.

As Cjedrivil moved forward, ready to cause unnecessary harm to someone that Avenn could have cared less about, she silenced the man with a wave of her arm and smiled at him softly, then looked back to Gordon. “I quite prefer your radiance, but I appreciate the gesture. I’ll assume you’re already aware of who I am, are you a friend of Jax’s?”

Studying the man’s reaction and his reasoning as to how he knew of her presence, Avenn simply turned to her friend and raised a single eyebrow. “You have, have you?”

As he continued, she followed the conversation. “Yes, he is, quite the gentleman.” She turned her gaze toward him as he appeared to grow increasingly uncomfortable with the conversation, turning into something of the squirmy little boy she’d once known.

When he reached the last question, she paused. Now it was her turn to feel dejected, having been asked this question a thousand times and still coming to the same conclusion. She felt Myers’ gaze burning onto her cheeks, yet she couldn’t allow herself to find words worthy of expressing whatever it was she was doing here. In all actuality, she didn’t know.

“Your radiance, it is in poor taste for your people to approach you as so. Shall I do something about this?”

“Not now, Cjed, but I think the time for questions is done. It was lovely to meet you, Gordon.” Her gaze turned up to Myers, although she couldn’t tell if he was hurt by her lack of an answer or not. “If you wouldn’t mind, I’d quite like to get out of here now,” she pleaded, allowing her gaze to wash over him as she waited to follow his lead in leaving to obtain his things.

bruiser x iconium | 1x1June 1, 2024 12:15 PM

Bruiser

Neutral

Give Award
Myers didn't think that he would ever even be seeing Avenn again. It had been what, nearly a decade? More even? Sometimes it felt like that. There was always some sort of ache in his chest for her, and while he tried to fill that void, nobdoy was her. It didn't matter to him that she was royalty and he was some poor boy from a further away kingdom who had a criminal history. There was always something there between them and he couldn't help but think; how was this benefitting her? A spot to be in her inner circle? What about her brother? Her father? What would the Sun Kingdom think of this? The boy who ruined the purity of the Princess Avenn... it would be shame to ever see them back together again. But that's when he realized that she had maybe the same longing for him as he had all these years, and only now was she able to make her wishes come true, and his own, of keeping her promise and following through with it. The thought made him shift his weight ever so slightly on his feet, but maybe there was something deeper that she would tell him on their journey back to the kingdom. After all, his intuition was never good as it landed him here.

When thinking about something of a marriage, Myers still pondered on whom her suitor was. A man that had everything handed to him since birth - his title, his clothes, his shoes, his sword, his bloodline. Myers had none of that. His clothes were worn and he possessed nothing of a title except 'criminal', which would turn just about anyone away. He had no sword and mostly had to make due with his fists and strength. And- Ha! Bloodline. Myers believed it more as a joke. Everyone in this city, more or less, had no known House name, no royalty in their bloodline, no sense of leadership... it was sad really. And not that Myers did. Obviously not. He did criminal things in a criminal city. The irony itched at him. Ever since he had arrived there he felt his morals becoming more and more questionable. However, he figured it was better than getting killed within the first week.

"Much more private, Princess Avenn," Myers replied. A slight smirk of happiness and excitement glazed his face like a boy about to get a cookie after finishing his meal. For a moment, he could feel complete. But there had to be some sort of catch, and as he waited, he felt as though he was waiting for nothing. All he had done since he got here was anticipate; What am I gonna eat? Whose gonna die today? Will I be able to leave without getting caught? What if I do get caught? But now, his mind could be at ease at least until they arrived back at the kingdom.

Myers drifted back to reality before he realized Gordon still stood there. He looked towards the gaurd, who Myers barely recognized. Perhaps it was someone new or maybe he simply didn't recall the man, but Gordon was quick to apologize. Myers scoffed, shaking his head. He knew Gordon never knew anything of 'respect', at least with royalty, but this bad? Pfft.

"Jax? Special nickname, buddy?" Gordon laughed softly. He looked back at the princess. "But yes, we are. Some would call us.... coworkers. Acquantinces. Sometimes we even bunk together!" Gordon continued on.

Myers shook his head. "Gordon, I think that's enough..." he trailed off, knowing he wasn't going to be able to stop his friend from continuing. Myers looked something of disappointed at this point. He knew Gordon meant well, but he felt embarassed for him. This had nothing to do with him, and Gordon could be risking himself in front of these divine, respected people that Myers was associated with only because he had ever stepped foot in a kingdom. Gordon hasn't.

When it came to Gordon's final question, one that made Myers look at the woman beside him, he looked at her with curiosity. He didn't say anything, but when the answer never came, he huffed softly. Not out of frustration or anger, but something of anticipation. Still. He looked towards Cjed, as Avenn called him, and nodded when she requested to leave.

Myers cleared his throat and began walking towards the building where his belongings were, which was a smaller building for men's housing. Myers was quiet for a moment, but then the question began burning more and more inside of him. "Why didn't you answer Gordon?" He asked softly, entering his room.

Myers grabbed a large sack-like bag made of deer hide. He began gathering some clothes... or rags, as they were more like, and anything else. Beneath his pillow was a small pink gem he had stolen from one of his customers. The lady was old and nobody had ever come after him for it, so he simply kept it hidden. While his back was turned away from her, he didn't bother to show her. Myers slipped it away in the bag, knowing it could easily get lost. He figured his morality could be better than that - gifting something expensive that he stole while living in a city that was made for people like him.

Myers gathered a few more things, like bits of bread that was laid out on the nightstand beside his bed and his knife that was stuffed beneath the thin mattress. He slipped it into his boot, knowing Avenn was perhaps wondering why he felt the need to take it. He was still silent, the only thing heard was the shuffle of his feet when he moved to grab more things and his soft breaths. Myers threw the sack over his shoulder. "I should be good for now," he said softly.

Forums > Roleplay > 1x1
   1    2 

Refresh

Copyright ©2013-2024 Go Go Gatsby Designs, LLC    All Rights Reserved
Terms Of Use  |   Privacy Policy   |   DMCA   |   Contact Us