Wolf Play : Delete
Chatbox
 distant-screams
11:18:57 katy | beetle
thanks guys :) i'm having fun with all the halloween themed customs getting ordered lol
 Zeraphia
11:18:51 Spooky Vah
Bug

Coding is the worst. That's why I just /don't./
 Transcendence
11:18:41 free palestine
Still cant believe I was influenced by this wolf game to do this in the horse game
-Click-
 Zeraphia
11:18:18 Spooky Vah
Katy

Oooh I love it!
 Creeping Death
11:18:18 Kirk | Krik
Katy
Amazing oh my lord, I love the colors!
 distant-screams
11:17:13 katy | beetle
-Click-
thoughts on how this turned out?
 Faulty Demons
11:16:05 Ollie, Gold
Guys, I've finally got around to listen to Epic: the musical for the first time. Now, I'm not a musical person whatsoever, but this is pretty freaking good
 Hugs4Bugs
11:00:47 Bug || Ed (he/they)
Making a palette is so heccin' hard, it's ridiculous
 Continental Wolves
10:59:23 Emmet , Spoopy Wolf
But I want to talk to my pirate buddy :0
 Transcendence
10:53:48 free palestine
Pvp anyone?
 ZEFHYR
10:53:22 
so, no page of item lists?
 SpiritGuardian
10:49:58 Sleepy spirit
Rightyios,
I've been on enough this month. Toodles chat
 Destinations End
10:49:37 Toliska, Desti, Coy
Hey
 distant-screams
10:48:44 katy | beetle
dogs it is *^* thanks!
 SpiritGuardian
10:47:38 Sleepy spirit
Distant, dogs :0
 Ámor
10:47:07 On haitus
I just found out my boyfriend messed up my 2 lawn mowers on accident
 distant-screams
10:46:56 katy | beetle
hmm.. halloween themed snails, or halloween dogs?
 SpiritGuardian
10:46:29 Sleepy spirit
What's up heights
 Howling Heights
10:46:04 
Hi everyone : )
 SpiritGuardian
10:44:15 Sleepy spirit
BJake,
I'm actually not. Due to the lack of good sleep you're actually hallucinating back when I used to play.

Refresh

You must be a registered member for more
than 1 day before you can use our chatbox.
Quests
Alliance Battles
Challenges

Hourly Damage Variances
Cougar : -5
Copperhead : +3
Jackal : -4
    Summer   Night  Weather:  Light Rain  Moon: 

Forums

→ Wolf Play is a fun game! Sign Up Now!

My Subscriptions
My Bookmarks
My Topics
Latest Topics
Following
Forums > Socialize > Growl

DeleteMay 9, 2021 09:35 PM

Emmet

Neutral

Give Award
My 4 year old Jack Russel Cross named Millie has been destroying the house when I leave. Recently she's been targeting my parents room and going in and destroying his things. In the past she's scratchthe kitchen table, destroyed food items, destroyed family heirlooms, destroyed our couch my tearing a hole in it, and much more. The shelter I got her from said she had anxiety and was scared of men. However, she's only bitten or gotten aggressive to people who act aggressively or are of color (I know, racist dog). So far she's caused one person to get stitches for barging in a room and screaming, she clawed up someone for doing a handshake with her other parent (my significant other), and shes nearly destroyed the car interior trying to lunge at a man in the store parking lot. My parent has had enough and said I need to find her a new home. I don't want to. I love her so much. She's a good dog, but instead dog regular anxiety, she seems to have separation anxiety and shows signs of being abused. She's extremely clingy and can be as sweet as pie, but I don't know how to get her to behave when no one is home... I can't afford to send her to obedience school right now because of a financial issue, I don't see how a shock collar would help, and my parent (and ex-professional dog trainer) refuses to help me... I suggest we fix his door (as it can't shut all the way for some reason) so she can't get in. He says no. I ask him to help me train the dog to help us both, he says no. I ask him for recommendations or tips. He says no. I ask him if I can put a camera up to watchtower dogs and communicate with them while I'm away. He says no. I'm getting frustrated. This dog acts like a child throwing a temper tantrum, and it feels like I'm a single parent. I just need help at this point. I'm so exhausted and feel helpless to save my dog...

Edited at July 8, 2023 12:37 PM by Cicatrize
DeleteMay 10, 2021 05:24 AM

Former Pack

Neutral

Give Award
My suggestion was training, but I see you are not able to at the moment. Maybe try reasoning with that person who knows how to train dogs more-ask them why they don't want to do it, and explain why you want to try for that dog. I doubt dog like that could be adopted again, it will more likely be put down (killed). It's horrible to hear that dog has such problems cause we don't usually kill people with such issues, but help them, however with animals it goes like that just "fine" althou it's unfair, but dogs are viewed as lesser and replacable (there are biological explanations why, but it is not important here it is still unfair how people don't understand that pets with mental and such problems can be helped). Even more so since humans(bad owners, multiple owners) are in most cases ones responsible for dog's issues.
You could try to find something on internet about training and helping such dogs. I personally don't even know how to train mentally healthy ones-besides few ground rules and 3 tricks. I know a few dogs with some issues, but they are not mine so I know very little. And none has separation anxiety. And I am not sure if you know, probably do, that in dog training trainer musn't show wrong emotions at wrong times-if you are afraid, dog will be and such.
P.S. Honestly,in my country,even a bite towards any human is enough for system to take that dog, put it in trial (10 days who knows where in cage isolated from its family and everything except some workers) and if it shows agression even once it is over for that animal, it will be put down and owner can't do anything about it, there is no trial nor anything, there is no dogs side of a story. So even if bitten human was purposefully provoking dog, that dog will get killed, human that caused trouble will walk away. Unfair again. Pets here are possesions, not creatures and some(luckily few) take advantage of that-laws should get a remake.
I think if dog saves a person then it won't be taken-like if another person was attacking it's owner or a kid and dog stopped the attacker.

Edited at May 10, 2021 05:27 AM by Hurry
DeleteMay 28, 2021 10:27 AM

Evermore

Neutral

Give Award
Sounds really rough :(
I've done a lot of husky rescues, and they often have extreme separation anxiety (similar to your dog)
If possible, bring your dog in the car, thats what we do with Lucky (my ESA), also because I don't do well when he's not next to me.
When we first got him, he was a terror with fluff, and there is a long list of things that he destroyed in the first year and a half/two years that we owned him.
How long have you owned this dog? I'm guessing that you need to work on trust training and having a routine so that your dog feels more secure.
About a week ago we had to go to a much drier and hotter place and it wouldnt be kind or responsible to leave Lucky in the car, so he had to stay home. We were gone for ~4 ish hours I would say, and he didn't destroy anything, just slept!
I think what helped was he had a large breakfast (so food "coma"), plus he understands his routine, and he trusts that we will come back. Maybe if you get her a large bone or something that will occupy her for awhile would help.
For her fear of certain people, I would definitely suggest working with her to strengthen your bond. Also, teach her the word friend. The more she trusts you to keep her safe, and that the person won't hurt her, the less she will act out in fear.
Good luck! ^^
DeleteJune 6, 2022 03:27 PM

MissingWinston

Darkseeker

Give Award
sounds like buying a kennel would be very beneficial
DeleteJune 11, 2022 06:27 PM

Ratatouille

Darkseeker

Give Award
Honestly, start from scratch. Establish a routine that you're both happy with and capable of sticking to, and gradually shift to it. Positive reinforcement is going to be your best friend here. get a crate and make it their safe space. lots of energy/frustration outlets, and slow distance building. Start with just leaving the house and coming right back in, then when she gets bored do the same thing but close the door. Bored? Good. increase time gradually. It takes work and an awful lot of time, but it should help. Eventually you'll be able to be gone all day and come back to a non-destroyed house.
Love, the owner of a husky with separation anxiety
DeleteJune 22, 2022 11:22 AM

Emmet

Neutral

Give Award
This situation has actually been fixed for a while now

Forums > Socialize > Growl

Refresh

Copyright ©2013-2024 Go Go Gatsby Designs, LLC    All Rights Reserved
Terms Of Use  |   Privacy Policy   |   DMCA   |   Contact Us