Wolf Play : Need Help With Wolf Anatomy
Chatbox
 Hells Bells
11:12:57 Ven/Vex
ET
For real though. Imgbb doesn't work for me, none of the images work right in the forums
 Eternity
11:11:53 ET
Ah, looks like it. When isn't postimg down, to be honest?
 Hells Bells
11:10:03 Ven/Vex
Is postimg down for anyone else?
 Mistress Nyx
11:09:03 
RP actions are not allowed.
 Sea Coast
10:59:29 
@Fire
Hey I can take them back!!
 Thunder Struck
10:58:50 Thunder
criticism please :>
-WP Click-
 Autumn's Fire
10:54:34 Autumn . . . ?
Not anymore
 Arctic Moon
10:54:06 NY, Malo, Arctic
Wait has chat been dead for a full half hour?
 Arctic Moon
10:50:17 NY, Malo, Arctic
Skyfall howls at the moon! 23 wolves hear them, and 15 howl back!

My ExH 50 *facepalms*
 Ámor
10:20:33 Cloudz, Pumpkin
@ET
Yeah me too or ill just ignore them xD they shouldve pointed out months ago
 Ecifircas
10:19:20 
serene, nah.
 Eternity
10:18:20 ET
Aight, I gotta get back to this AF attack B) won't draw itself.

Good luck with the work shenanigans though! Just gotta hope they get moved to a different department or something I guess LMAO
 Ámor
10:15:09 Cloudz, Pumpkin
@ET
Yeah i know, i have a few friends at work who are girls and arent drama, its just some of the girls at my job are so much drama is overwhelmes me
 Eternity
10:13:49 ET
Amor
Girls aren't all drama, y'know. Sounds like you're just around the wrong girls ahah.

I've seen plenty of drama with blokes too
 Jelly
10:13:47 Gel,Jello,Jells
Salem
She and all the Jasmine dropping creatures just like to cyber bully us in explore LMAO
 Ámor
10:13:46 Cloudz, Pumpkin
@ET
whats worse, is this girl who was my "friend" knows i dont pick up on social cues easily because of my health problems and before i met my boyfriend I isolated my self and she still does this... she knows i have bad health issues and a disability
 serene.
10:12:33 ✧ ren
-WP Click-
Should I keep this? :,))
 FaithfulOakTree
10:12:04 Ash H:H!!
My mouth is on fire😭
10:10:57 Asmodeus (he/they)
Natures Heart hunts prey and brings it to Sugar Rush

Stats: Social +3
Affinity: Strong Like
Mood: Triumphant
 Salem
10:10:41 
Jello
The sad part is she was so close to dying too :')

Refresh

You must be a registered member for more
than 1 day before you can use our chatbox.
Quests
Alliance Battles
Challenges
Hourly Damage Variances
Mamba : -3
Black Bear : -5
Anaconda : +1
    Fall Month: 2   Night  Weather:  Heavy Rain  Moon: 
 Explore In: Now

Forums

→ Wolf Play is a fun game! Sign Up Now!

My Subscriptions
My Bookmarks
My Topics
Latest Topics
Following
Forums > Artwork > Art Help
  1  2

Need Help With Wolf AnatomyJuly 16, 2018 09:59 AM

Athena

Darkseeker

Give Award
Hello! I'm somewhat of an "artist," though I don't do much art on WP just yet. However, I have been working on something small, and I noticed that I need help with anatomy. I'm not really confident enough to show the drawing just yet, but I would really appreciate it if people could give me tips on wolf anatomy (other than "use a reference")! Thanks in advance to those who reply.

If anyone could point me in the direction of any users on tumblr/DA that have those nifty little tutorials as well, that would be very kind.

Any/all help is appreciated! :)

Currently, I need help with:
-Necks
-Tail proportion
-Legs stretching
-Eyes

Edited at July 16, 2018 10:42 AM by Athena
Need Help With Wolf AnatomyJuly 16, 2018 10:02 AM

Former Pack

Neutral

Give Award
The legs for me (when drawing pit bulls) are as long as the back and the tail is about 75% as long as the back
It seems to work well
Need Help With Wolf AnatomyJuly 16, 2018 10:06 AM

Athena

Darkseeker

Give Award

Diggie said:
The legs for me (when drawing pit bulls) are as long as the back and the tail is about 75% as long as the back
It seems to work well

Thank you!
Need Help With Wolf AnatomyJuly 16, 2018 10:10 AM

Former Pack

Neutral

Give Award
Well, you see the reason everyone always tells you to look at a reference is that the model right there. Most people when picturing off the top of their head, can't remember all the details nor the perfect proportions. That's why using references and even just doing a couple of sketch studies of the animal without your style will help in the long run. I once had a character that I could never draw right and he was a Rusty-Spotted cat, so I did five studies of them using images from google. By analyzing the images you can see how their bodies form, in the case of certain animals that have recognizable coats you can also learn that. I think that even looking at the skeleton structure and muscle structure of a wolf could help you just as much as photos of them. I recommend doing studies both in color and on paper as well as using digital programs. If you take a full body reference photo of a wolf and export it into your drawing software you can make a new layer and trace the skeleton in one color and the muscles in another. I know that it might not be what you're asking for, but even tutorials by other artists, even professionals, won't show you the most accurate proportions like a photo of the animal can. Hope this helps even just a little bit. By the time you start drawing wolves in your style again, they will end up much more accurate.
Need Help With Wolf AnatomyJuly 16, 2018 10:15 AM

Athena

Darkseeker

Give Award

aruszkow said:
Well, you see the reason everyone always tells you to look at a reference is that the model right there. Most people when picturing off the top of their head, can't remember all the details nor the perfect proportions. That's why using references and even just doing a couple of sketch studies of the animal without your style will help in the long run. I once had a character that I could never draw right and he was a Rusty-Spotted cat, so I did five studies of them using images from google. By analyzing the images you can see how their bodies form, in the case of certain animals that have recognizable coats you can also learn that. I think that even looking at the skeleton structure and muscle structure of a wolf could help you just as much as photos of them. I recommend doing studies both in color and on paper as well as using digital programs. If you take a full body reference photo of a wolf and export it into your drawing software you can make a new layer and trace the skeleton in one color and the muscles in another. I know that it might not be what you're asking for, but even tutorials by other artists, even professionals, won't show you the most accurate proportions like a photo of the animal can. Hope this helps even just a little bit. By the time you start drawing wolves in your style again, they will end up much more accurate.

Thank you! I already use reference pictures when practicing, and I usually do redlines of them for extra practice. I was just saying that I needed extra help from artists other than things I already do. ^^

Edited at July 16, 2018 10:16 AM by Athena
Need Help With Wolf AnatomyJuly 16, 2018 10:22 AM

IPanicTooMuch

Neutral

Give Award
Eyes, draw a circle.with light pencil.marks. draw a slightly curved line that crosses over a small of the top part of the circle, the right end curved slightly, the left end curved down to the center of the eye at a triangle with curved sides, the point then followed along the bottom of the circle till it vanishes, on the right side of the circle, pointed downward, you form a curved tip of a triangle that dips back up and joins the bottom of the circle, in the middle of the circle you draw a much smaller circle, add shadows and shines and you have the makings of an eye for a realistic like wolf, I made a picture ofof what my explanation SHOULD look like since I'm not good at explaining, I also added some fur so you see where the fur goes close up on the eye, gimme a moment to get the picture uploaded and linked!
Need Help With Wolf AnatomyJuly 16, 2018 10:27 AM

IPanicTooMuch

Neutral

Give Award
http://s482.photobucket.com/user/Folana/media/IMG_20180716_102434_zpsbmvjbcxi.jpg.html?filters[user]=144118970&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=0

Hope this link works
Need Help With Wolf AnatomyJuly 16, 2018 10:42 AM

Athena

Darkseeker

Give Award

Foleko said:
Eyes, draw a circle.with light pencil.marks. draw a slightly curved line that crosses over a small of the top part of the circle, the right end curved slightly, the left end curved down to the center of the eye at a triangle with curved sides, the point then followed along the bottom of the circle till it vanishes, on the right side of the circle, pointed downward, you form a curved tip of a triangle that dips back up and joins the bottom of the circle, in the middle of the circle you draw a much smaller circle, add shadows and shines and you have the makings of an eye for a realistic like wolf, I made a picture ofof what my explanation SHOULD look like since I'm not good at explaining, I also added some fur so you see where the fur goes close up on the eye, gimme a moment to get the picture uploaded and linked!

Foleko said:
http://s482.photobucket.com/user/Folana/media/IMG_20180716_102434_zpsbmvjbcxi.jpg.html?filters[user]=144118970&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=0

Hope this link works

Thank you so much! :)
Need Help With Wolf AnatomyJuly 16, 2018 07:36 PM

Former Pack

Neutral

Give Award
For necks is it length or curvature?
Curvature should be depending on the position of the head compared to the shoulders
Length should be about half the length of the back (it works for me)
Need Help With Wolf AnatomyJuly 19, 2018 07:13 PM

Athena

Darkseeker

Give Award

Diggie said:
For necks is it length or curvature?
Curvature should be depending on the position of the head compared to the shoulders
Length should be about half the length of the back (it works for me)

It's both. I'm trying to do a sort of headshot in one of my "projects," but it's at a weird angle and I can't get the position right. This is also sort of off topic, but I need an honest opinion. If/when you buy art, what kind of lineart style do you look for? Thin lines, detailed lines, etc.?

Forums > Artwork > Art Help
  1  2

Refresh

Copyright ©2013-2024 Go Go Gatsby Designs, LLC    All Rights Reserved
Terms Of Use  |   Privacy Policy   |   DMCA   |   Contact Us