Insane Sanity
11:02:01 Insane | Sanity
look how pretty with her new gear <3
-WP Click-

Should I add some wings?
 distant-lands
11:01:58 katy | beetle
Luna,
your pup needs at least 20 social CP for the bear to let her cub play with yours </3
 Existence
11:01:57 Exist / Kuskyn
-Click-
Lanky cat.. Why. XD
 Salom_
11:01:34 Sal, Salmon
Emmet
Ah yeah sweet tea isn't really a nighttime drink
 Luna🌕
11:00:16 Silver (She/her)
Sanity
Whoa how your good
The freaking bear mom refuses to speak to my sad pup
 Continental Wolves
11:00:15 Emmet , Spoopy Wolf
Sal
Lucky, I have some sweet tea made but dont want anything with that much sugar late at night
 Sassy Otaku
10:59:31 Chuuya/Ruggie
-WP Click-
Paws?
 Apothecary
10:58:54 Medicinally Autistic
@boeing

I have 50 xD but I religiously hate seamp so IÂ’ve bought half of mine
 Luna🌕
10:58:49 Silver (She/her)
Other Luna XD
central time zone I hr left aaahhh
 Insane Sanity
10:58:45 Insane | Sanity
When did I get up to 500 moonflowers O.o
 Salom_
10:58:18 Sal, Salmon
Emmet
I'm glad you said that, I forgot I made tea! (though it's cold now) That's sad you don't have coffee though
 distant-lands
10:57:27 katy | beetle
-WP Click-
paws? :)
 Continental Wolves
10:56:42 Emmet , Spoopy Wolf
Theres no coffee made right now >:^
There goes my plans of staying up all night
 Luna🌕
10:56:10 Silver (She/her)
Other Luna!
 Pyr0M4ni@
10:55:10 Silver/Pyro/Luna
What's your time zone?
I'm recognizing a pattern
 Pyr0M4ni@
10:54:49 Silver/Pyro/Luna
Luna!

Refresh

You must be a registered member for more
than 1 day before you can use our chatbox.
Quests
Alliance Battles
Challenges

Hourly Damage Variances
Copperhead : -2
Black Panther : -2
Ermine : +4
    Winter   Night  Weather:  Clear  Moon: 

Forums

→ Wolf Play is a fun game! Sign Up Now!

My Subscriptions
My Bookmarks
My Topics
Latest Topics
Following
Forums > Socialize > Polls
   1    2 

A Third Sister GameAugust 8, 2024 02:49 PM

Sateda

Lightbringer

Give Award

Hello Wolfplayers! As of right now, on the date of posting, it's National Cat Day! 🎉🐈
-
Ever since joining WolfPlay back in 2014, I have absolutely adored this game. I love the style, the gameplay, the roleplaying, all of it. And besides Horse Eden and Draconis Theory, I have not come across another game that gives me the same feeling that Eve's games do (I know some of it can only be nostalgia, but these games are very well-made and Eve does an amazing job at responding to the voices of the players, which is a rare thing in online games.)
-
I've always loved cats. They're my favorite animal - I love to write and roleplay and draw and pet and own them. I know I'm not alone in this! How cool would it be to have a game like WolfPlay, Horse Eden, and Draconis Theory, but with cats?
-
Especially since 1) The support for DT is sadly minimal at this point, so as far as active Eve games, we only really have WP and HEE. I've heard theories that part of the reason is that there is a tough competition in terms of dragon-based games. Without skirting against the rule of talking about other games, I just want to say that I haven't found any decent cat-based games that would rival one made by Eve.
-
And 2) We got HEE in 2009, DT in 2011, and WP in 2014. It's been 10 years since WP came out. (Don't get me wrong, there's nothing wrong with WP! It's aging like fine wine and cheese, as is HEE ;3)
-
The possibilities here are quite vast. I feel it could almost blend the different environments of WP and HEE - there's the angle of purebreeding, with shows and prizes and rarity features that would appeal to some. There's also the angle of mix-breeds and wild cats, with exploring and PvP and hunting and battle training.
-
My question to you all is: How many of you would support an Eve game based on cats? Do you think it's time for another epic Eve game, or should WP remain the magnum opus of online gaming? ;)
-
-
-
(I'm not putting this in suggestions, because I'm not really... suggesting it? And anyway, it wouldn't be a suggestion for this game. I'm also not looking to try to bully Eve into making a third game. We're just discussing the theoretical possibility.)

Poll Question: Would you support a cat-based game made by Eve?
Total Votes: 34
Yes : 2676%
No : 00%
Maybe : 824%

You have cast your vote.
A Third Sister GameAugust 8, 2024 02:55 PM

Revelry

Lightbringer

Give Award
Voted "maybe" because I like cats, but if I'd play or not would depend on game mechanics. If it was something more like WP (like instead of a cat, you'd have a wild cat group or something, and could explore and frow your group) then yes, but HEE never appealed too much to me, I tried a few times, but couldn't get into it.
A Third Sister GameAugust 8, 2024 02:56 PM

Sateda

Lightbringer

Give Award
I agree - my support would be more for the battle/explore/wild cat idea. I'm not into HEE much either, but if the goal was to draw the most support, it would cater to both fanbases.

Revelry said:
Voted "maybe" because I like cats, but if I'd play or not would depend on game mechanics. If it was something more like WP (like instead of a cat, you'd have a wild cat group or something, and could explore and frow your group) then yes, but HEE never appealed too much to me, I tried a few times, but couldn't get into it.

A Third Sister GameAugust 8, 2024 03:04 PM

Revelry

Lightbringer

Give Award
WP explore + HEE breeding would actually be so interesting.

Sateda said:
I agree - my support would be more for the battle/explore/wild cat idea. I'm not into HEE much either, but if the goal was to draw the most support, it would cater to both fanbases.

Revelry said:

A Third Sister GameAugust 8, 2024 03:06 PM

distant-lands

Darkseeker

Give Award
a cat-based game similar to wolfplay is all i've been wanting for years <3 it'd be a lot of work but i'd play it every day lol
A Third Sister GameAugust 8, 2024 03:08 PM

Sateda

Lightbringer

Give Award
SAME 😭😭😭

distant-lands said:
a cat-based game similar to wolfplay is all i've been wanting for years <3 it'd be a lot of work but i'd play it every day lol

A Third Sister GameAugust 8, 2024 03:12 PM

KateXiX

Darkseeker

Give Award
I voted yes, but along with what Revelry said it truly depends on the games mechanics. There are so many different options for the mechanics if the game, but you also need to insure that it doesn't turn into literally copy paste of elements from both games. I mean dont get me wrong WP is great, and I adore cats, but I would still need it to be different enough for me to spend as much time there as I do here, since litterally everything would be starting from scratch (ie no older players with great cats to breed with or buy, and no one with the knowledge of how everything works)
-
I haven't really ever gotten into HEE or DT, I tried them a while back but WP just seemed more my style and I felt easier to pick up. So if a new game could be made that had a lot of the base build of WP (which I find easier to manage, and the pages less overwhelming) that I would totally go for it.
A Third Sister GameAugust 8, 2024 03:15 PM

Sateda

Lightbringer

Give Award
Good points. I will say, there is some charm to a game's first baby steps. With the acceptance of the kinks all new games have, it's a lot of fun to explore a new universe and everyone's on a fairly level playing field. I agree with your points though! It would need to have its own flavor and flair, while keeping the same vibe that we love from the other games.

KateXiX said:
I voted yes, but along with what Revelry said it truly depends on the games mechanics. There are so many different options for the mechanics if the game, but you also need to insure that it doesn't turn into literally copy paste of elements from both games. I mean dont get me wrong WP is great, and I adore cats, but I would still need it to be different enough for me to spend as much time there as I do here, since litterally everything would be starting from scratch (ie no older players with great cats to breed with or buy, and no one with the knowledge of how everything works)
-
I haven't really ever gotten into HEE or DT, I tried them a while back but WP just seemed more my style and I felt easier to pick up. So if a new game could be made that had a lot of the base build of WP (which I find easier to manage, and the pages less overwhelming) that I would totally go for it.

A Third Sister GameAugust 10, 2024 04:59 AM

OCCULTIST

Art Team
Neutral

Give Award
WP but Cats would be SOOO up my alley, I'd love it so much. Id love to just talk about all the potential mechanics and gameplay, it could improve on some of WP & HEEs traits, introduce new features. We could even have some more interactive gameplay & a cooler version of explore
The only issue is that there are currently 2 big cat site competitors, a smaller one thats almost ready for full release, and a bigger game that's in development (potentially the most heavily supported petsite on kickstarter EVER) We'd have to bring something new to the table to compete.
-
I really don't want a DT situation v2. If we ever get a 3rd sister site (which I really hope we do!!) I think the best route would be picking an animal group that people arent making browser games about
Dinosaur sister site when?

Edited at August 10, 2024 05:08 AM by OCCULTIST
A Third Sister GameAugust 10, 2024 05:06 AM

Stargazer

Darkseeker

Give Award
Same.

Revelry said:

Forums > Socialize > Polls
   1    2 

Refresh

Copyright ©2013-2024 Go Go Gatsby Designs, LLC    All Rights Reserved
Terms Of Use  |   Privacy Policy   |   DMCA   |   Contact Us