Wolf Play : The Spartan Pride | Lion Rp | Open!
Chatbox
 The Unknown
02:26:22 Unknown | Dark
I love the explore boosts! Exploring is probably my favourite feature and being able to do it so often is awesome
 technoblade
02:25:41 Lil Techy | Techno
Unknown

When you unlock them go to jungle or tundra, those are the best.
 Eternity
02:25:23 ET
I find jungle is best during winter, but it can be pretty expensive in terms of health potions and healing your team haha.

How're you enjoying exploring every half hour? :D
 The Unknown
02:25:18 Unknown | Dark
Ooo okay! I love exploring and I found out that if I buy enough moves at once I make a profit off grinding so I'm going to grind explore all day
 The Unknown
02:24:30 Unknown | Dark
Lol of course during winter. Where should I go for winter then?
 Boeing
02:24:14 Boe is a bear, Rawr!
Unknown
Once you unlock Jungle, of you want mush then you never leave lop
 Inferno Abyss
02:24:11 Raven, Flame
Unknown
Depends on your preference. I use Jungle :')
 technoblade
02:24:03 Lil Techy | Techno
Unknown

Forest is the best during any season but winter
 The Unknown
02:23:21 Unknown | Dark
Which is the best for mush grinding? I've been going through the forest to level up
 Ecifircas
02:21:58 
For every 10 overall territory levels you have, you unlock a new terrain. So you unlock Swamp at overall territory level 10, and Jungle at 20, and so on until you unlock Tundra at level 50.
 teddy
02:21:12 its yellow
mac
i think 10
 Boeing
02:20:56 Boe is a bear, Rawr!
Rogue
Every 10 levels
 Rogue Wildfires
02:20:30 Mac and Cheese
How many levels do you need to change your location you explore in?
 Boeing
02:20:13 Boe is a bear, Rawr!
Amy what are you doing
 Desolation
02:17:36 Deso the 👻
I gotta bounce

Peace chat <3
 Tiny Village
02:15:26 Tiny
Good afternoon
 Amygdala
02:13:43 Amy/Anpmygdala
LW nimble foot...not to bad for dodging attacks
-WP Click-
 Amygdala
02:11:58 Amy/Anpmygdala
-WP Click-

Goddamit why are you not HW🥲
 Poe
02:02:36 
-WP Click-
He is quite the cutie.
 Inferno Abyss
02:01:41 Raven, Flame
Bounce
Aww, well you deserve each other. I'm sure he'll keep doing you well :D

Refresh

You must be a registered member for more
than 1 day before you can use our chatbox.
Quests
Alliance Battles
Challenges

Hourly Damage Variances
Green Python : -1
Badger : -2
Arctic Fox : -4
    Winter   Day  Weather:  Blizzard

Forums

→ Wolf Play is a fun game! Sign Up Now!

My Subscriptions
My Bookmarks
My Topics
Latest Topics
Following
Forums > Roleplay > Sign-Ups
   1    2 

The Spartan Pride | Lion Rp | Open!August 5, 2024 08:38 PM

Imperial Sands

Darkseeker

Give Award
The Spartan Pride

Tanzania is well known within the world to have the highest population of lions than anywhere else in the world. These majestic beasts have captured the attention, both good and bad, of humans for generations. Recently, in the Tabora Region of Tanzania, no other pride is generating more attention than the Lion Pride dubbed the Spartan Pride, a moniker now adopted by most who refer to the pride, and even the pride itself.

The Spartan Pride garnered attention several years ago when the thriving pride was taken over by a pair of brutal and ruthless brothers. They were known for being aggressive, dangerous, and hot commodities to see when people were out in the Tabora Region. A change in the now Spartan Pride was quickly noted, as the entire pride become more savage, seemingly targeting anything they deemed a threat to their territory, which didn't just include other animals. Quickly those who lived in the area noticed that the resident hyenas were run off, nomadic males never remained long, and poachers or hunters were specifically targeted until they rarely ventured the area.

The Spartan Pride was quickly hailed gaurdians of the area, protectors of their territory and the villages that fell within them. That was, until they started coming into the villages at night. It was just livestock at first, and then it became any unfortunate humans who were caught out after dark, and then just any human that was caught by the pride. The Spartan Pride became known Man-Eaters. But, they had still earned their place as revered guardians.

These unsual, larger than life lions had deeply etched out their place within the Tabora Region, and were both feared and revered by those who came to know them. Over time, it became clear, this was a pride unlike any other, and unlike other man-eaters who succumbed to the poachers or hunters that came to claim them, the pride seemed untouchable.

Now, several years after the brothers took over the pride, the Tabora Region around their territory has fallen into a silently agreed upon arrangement. The Spartan Pride acts as the areas protectors, safe guarding them from unwelcomed adversaries, and the residents revere them, treating them with a combination of respect and fear, and carefully following the routine that lions have come to expect.

Life is volatile though, even for the Spartans, and this is their story.

This is a Lion Rp unlike any other I've ever made. So please, make sure to read EVERYTHING. Thank you!

Edited at August 6, 2024 01:40 AM by Imperial Sands
The Spartan Pride | Lion Rp | Open!August 5, 2024 09:05 PM

Imperial Sands

Darkseeker

Give Award
The Roleplay Rules
Follow all of Eve's and WP's rules

1. Let's be Active. I want this Rp to Succeed, which means we have to be active.

2. This is not your normal pride. So make sure you read everything and abide by their Pride Law.

3. I will have very specific size ranges for males and females, so make sure you follow those too.

4. Maximum of 3 Characters Per Person for Now. This may change over time, I haven't decided yet.

5. Ask before making a white lion. If you make one without asking, I will never accept it. If you ask, but then post before I answer, it won't be accepted.

6. No Orphaned Cubs. This pride does not take care of Orphaned cubs, and therefore any cubs need a mother before even being made. I won't accept cubs who don't have a mother yet.

7. This Pride does not alter their rituals or traditions for anyone, don't ask.

8. Please ask me first before having a roleplay event occur, such things include: human encounters of any type, hyena run in, lion coalition threat [that are NPCs], stampede, storm, etc. I don't need 10 things happening all at once, and then have nothing to do.

9. This Rp is going to have violence, fighting, and death, do not expect to join and have your character never come to harm.

10. No Perfect Characters, God Modding, etc. I won't tolerate it.

11. Have fun

Lion Size
The lions of the Spartan Pride are lions that are on the large side, with several of them being larger than normal.

Height

Males: 3.8 Feet to 4.5 Feet
Females: 3.4 Feet to 4.1 Feet

Weight
Males: 400 lbs to 670 lbs
Females: 300 bs to 480 lbs

Length
Males: 10 feet to 12 feet
Females: 8 feet to 10 feet

The Pride Law

1. The Pride Honors Monogomy. Adultery is against Pride law, and will be punished accordingly.

2. Pride Members can only have cubs if they're both full fledge members of the pride, and receive permission from the Leads. Any cubs conceived without meeting this requirements will be gotten rid of, and the adults punished.

3. Any humans spotted in the territory are to be reported to the leads. Then it'll be decided how to handle them. Do not act on your own. If you do, no one will come to help you.

4. Challenges can only occur between lions with the same amount of Human Kills. If you do not have an equal amount, you are not considered equal, and therefore cannot offer challenge. If you try, you'll be punished accordingly.

5. Any harm coming to cubs that is unsanctioned is strictly prohibited, and will result in immediate death.

6. Cubs are allowed to eat at kills unchallenged until they're a year old. Once they reach a year, they have to fight to earn their spot and what they want.

7. All males must leave the pride at the age of two, and are not welcomed back until after a year and until they prove themselves.

8. All lionesses join the ranks of the pride at two years old as Cubsitters, and are trained during the next year, where they become hunters at the age of 3 years old. Every lioness 3 and older must hunt, if she doesn't, she will be exiled.

9. All young lions are not permitted to mate and conceive cubs until they're 3 Years or older and have earned their Pride Mark.

10. There is a natural Hierarchy within the pride determined by the amount of Hunter's Marks they've received. Always respect the lion who has more marks than you.

Edited at August 5, 2024 10:55 PM by Imperial Sands
The Spartan Pride | Lion Rp | Open!August 5, 2024 09:46 PM

Imperial Sands

Darkseeker

Give Award
About the Pride

The Pride Ranks

Dominant Males [2]
Dominant Females [2]
Secondary Males [2]
Secondary Females [2]
Pride Protectors [6]
Pride Huntresses [6]
Pride Cubsitters [3]
Pride Adolescents [6]
Pride Cubs [6]

The ranks within the Spartan Pride are similar to other prides, yet also quite different. They're similar in name and responsibilities. Males tend to protect the pride, and help out hunting when needed. Females provide for the pride, and help out with patrols where needed. Both are active in the raising of their young, and training the youth within the pride.

The primary difference in the Pride is how their roles are earned and distributed. Within the pride itself there is a hierarchy of the ranks, but there is also a hierarchy within each rank itself.

So the Dominant Males and Females are equivalent to one another, but are above everyone else in the pride. The Secondary Males and Females are both below the Dominants, equal to each other, and above the rest of the ranks. The Protectors and Huntresses are equal, but below the Dominants and Seconds, but above the rest. And so on. However, within each individual rank, there is a hierarchy, and within the pride as a whole.

Of the Dominant Males, the more dominant of the pair will be the one with the most Hunters' Marks. Same goes for the Dominant Females, the one with the most marks, is the higher ranked of the two. They don't necessarily have to be equivalent to their mates, but the Dominant Males and Dominant Females are usually mates.

The same is said with the Secondary Males and Females, minus them being mates. They do not have to be, and traditionally aren't, as it could be seen as a conflict of interest in loyalty. But they can be if that's how it works out.

The same goes for the rest of the ranks. Within each rank, the order of the hierarchy is determined by their Hunters' Marks. No fighting has to be done for this. If a lion has six marks, and receives a sevenths, they are automatically higher in the hierarchy than any lion with 6 or less. Fighting only really occurs between lions of equivalent marks.

Challenges

Everything is basically decided by who has the most Hunters' Marks. Challenges, true challenges, aren't often. They only occur between lions of equal markings, as it's a requirement for all challenges. And, when that criteria is met, it's usually over rank if the Challenger decided to try and move up in the pride.

Challenges have a very specific way of being dealth with. They don't require anyone's permission, and you only gain the rank if you win, But also you may only challenge up one rank. Meaning, you cannot challenge one of the Dominant Males as a Pride Protector. You first must Challenge and Win one of the Secondary Male positions [the one in which has the lower marks], and work your way up to be the Secondary with the Most Marks, then equal the lower of the Dominants in Marks, and THEN you can challenge. You also cannot challenge for a Secondary Position until you are at the top of your current rank. This proves to the pride your worth to them and that you've earned the right to challenge. If you do not meet the criteria and try to challenge, the entire pride may turn on you, killing or exiling you as a result.

If a Former Dominant or Secondary Loses the Challenge, they can either be exiled or demoted to a regular Pride role, the decision is the victors. However, they'll have to handle the consequences of their decision. If they exile the former Dominant Male, they may lose a Dominant Female in the process if she also leads. Or he may have a very angry Dominant Female to work with at every turn, and he cannot force her to do anything. She has full autonomy over her own decisions. So it's better for the Dominant Males and Females to work as a cohesive unit.

In the circumstances of a Rogue Male coming with the intention of challenging instead of just simply trying to join the pride, it's handled similarly. This is one thing that has made the Spartan Pride so dominant in the area. Rogue males cannot come in and just challenge. They can try, but then they'll face the full wrath of everyone in support of their Dominants. If a Rogue male wants a chance to lead the pride, he must go through the ranks like everyone else. And yes, they'll let him join even if that's his goal, if he goes about it the Spartan Way.

Rituals & Traditions
In terms of Traditions and Rituals, the Spartan Pride has many. Far more than has ever been seen in any other pride.

The Pride Mark
This is the very first mark any pride member of the Spartan Pride will ever receive. It marks them as a full fledged member of the pride, and shows that they've proven their worth to the pride. This Pride Mark is earned when the Lion has completed all trials set by the Dominants, and then has successfully made their first sanctioned kill [human].

This mark is a scar placed upon the lion's left shoulder, and is a simple but deep claw mark that arcs along the curve of the shoulder on their left side, creating like a crescent moon shape almost. This mark is always given by one of the Leads.

The Hunter's Mark
These are the marks that determine a lion's hierarchy within the pride. The more of these they've earned, the higher the status they've acheived. Things like mane, size, etc. matter little in the pride, it's all based on these marks. For an unmated Male, the more marks he's received the more preferred he is by unmated females.

This mark is given every time the Lion or Lioness successfully kills a Poacher or Hunter within their territory. This is not a mark given for just any human killed, only ones who are hunting them. A lion that tries to lie to earn a mark will be disgraced within the pride. But, if he successfully earns this mark, it will be a scar given by a loved one of his choosing.

This mark is similar to the Pride's mark, but they start on the spine. The marks are given by a single slash that intersects with the line of their spine. The slash tends to be about six to eight inches in length, so it can easily be seen from both sides. It's nothing fancy, but they're an honor to receive, which is why they're given by someone important to the receiver.

For the Pride and Hunter's Marks, there are special ceremonies held for those each time they're given. Im still working on the details of those.

The Mated Mark
For the Lions who decided to remain Monogomous to each other, this is the mark for them to represent the relationship between them. There are two marks associated with the Mated Mark. One given to the Female, and One Given to the Male.

It's done in ceremony, where the whole pride gathers at night beside a watering hole. It is never done on New Moons, as it's viewed as bad luck, but any other night is fine. The pair recite a set of vows in unison, and then mark one another one after the other.

The female's mark is on the nape of her neck, a deep bite mark given by the male she's chosen. Now, since male lion's have manes, their mark cannot go on their nape successfully and still be seen. So, instead, to mark the importance of the mark, they place a bite mark in the male's left shoulder, with the Pride's mark curving between the bite mark.

These markings are obviously permanent, but bonds aren't always. Widowed lions or lionesses are able to choose another mate if their's dies, and if they choose to mark one another, they'll decide amongst themselves where their new marks will go. However, if a mated pair decides to part, something that is considered extremely taboo in the pride, the marks have to be clawed through by a Dominant to show the end of the bond.

The Bone Border

The Bone Border is exactly as it sounds. It's the meticulously kept border of the pride's border. Every Square Mile of it. This is an extremely unique thing that the Spartan Pride started doing years ago when the Brother's take over. they put the skulls and uneaten bones of every skill, vanquished foe, etc. on the border of their territory, putting it on display for everyone who would pass over it. It's a promise and warning of what is to come if you trespass. It's an intimidating display, and the pride ensures it's upkeep by patrolling their border every single day, multiple times a day. They do not take kindly to anyone messing with it either.

Recently, they've started doing the same to any human traveled roads through their territory, leaving the bones and skulls on either side of the roads to remind the humans who rules the area.

The Village Sacrifices

Another unique Ritual, if you will, of the pride is how they handle the villages in their territory. They don't do this any more than once a month to each village, but it's a night every human dreads until it's over.

The pride announces it's arrival the day before by bellowing their roars loudly throughout the day and into the night. The first night they approach the village, but do not enter it, instead they make a habit of being seen around it, nonchalantly circling it, getting closer every time. The next day they remain close to the village, and allow the humans to go about whatever rituals they themselves have, which sometimes included leaving "gifts" for the lions like food, rocks, bones, etc. They've even had some villagers present their young to them, though always at a safe distance. It's an agreed upon rule within the pride that, during this time before nightfall on the second day, they do not attack the humans.

When night falls, though, it's a different story. When night comes, the pride approaches the village. If a sacrifice of a large meal is not placed out for them, typically a slaughtered cow, horse, pig, etc. or a kill they've made while hunting, then the pride will enter the village. They'll move like the shadows, and choose a house at random to enter, and drag out the first human they find in said house. Any human that interrupts will also be attacked. By morning, the pride and their targets will be gone, with only the horrors of the night as a reminder of what happened.

Usually, the villages offer up something for the pride, and they are spared. As long as the pride feels like they've been honored, all humans make it through the night.

It's important to note that this is an unpredictable event for the humans. They get no warning until the day before that the lions are in the area, and it doesn't happen every month, but it never occurs more than once a month. The villages choose to tolerate this, as many of them revere the lions because they protect the lands, as most of the poachers or hunters come for the lions, and rarely ever make it out. This allows other animals to be spared, and leave in relative peace. And they keep other nuisance predators from plaguing their livestock.

Courtship

Within the Pride, Courtship is a relatively big deal. It marks the start of a new relationship. However, it has to be handled in a specific way to be honored.

First, when a male decides he wishes to court a female, he must seek permission from the Dominants. Once permission is received, the male must ask the female's permission to court her. If she accepts, they'll return to the Leads to let them known, who will announce it to the entire pride in the next meeting. This is so everyone knows of the commitment and can honor it, but also so if any other males who wish to try and court said female, and come forward and make it known. If the female decides she's interested in the males who come forward, she can accept their Courtships as well, and be courted at the same time by multiple candidates. This is NOT frowned upon, as it offers a fair chance to anyone interested in the lioness, but it is ultimately her choice.

Once the female decides in her mind and heart who she has chosen, she will let each male know she has, but not who, and then will go to the Leads to let them know she has. At the next Pride Meeting, she will announce her decision, and the pride will celebrate the new relationship.

From there, the new couple will have decide amongst themselves what type of relationship they want. If they decide they want to be exclusively monogomous, they can let the Leads know who will start preparation for a Mating Ceremony. If they decided to go the more traditional route of her being the male's favored lioness, but still having other females, they too will let the Leads know, so that no accusations of Adultery can be made against the male from said female.

In cases of Adultery, both participants are punished, as it can never be claimed one didn't know since the pride believes in transparency and tight bonds.

The Morning Meeting

The Morning Meeting has been an honored tradition for the past several years, and something the pride never skips. Every morning, once the nightly patrols return to the pride, there is a morning meeting held. This is when all announcements are made to the pride, and where updates about things are given. All the information is shared during this meeting and plans are made accordingly. After this meeting any and all ceremonies that are planned will occur. Once those are done, the meeting is ended and given over to an hour of "Pride Time". This is time where the pride spends socializing, grooming, etc. basically, just spending quality time together, reaffirming bonds and strengthening others. It's an important time, and allows the pride to just relax and be a Lion Pride.

Once that time is up, the orders for the rest of the day are given out, and the pride goes about business.

Death Ceremony

While a sad time for anyone, death is a part of the natural world, and the Spartan Pride makes sure they honor them. There are two types of Death Ceremonies. The first is done whenever a pride member passes away, whether it's naturally or not. It's a time for the pride to grieve, as they'll clean groom the deceased pride member one last time, preparing them for the cross over. The close family of the deceased will choose the final resting place within the area they've chosen for the pride's dead, and the pride will carefully move their loved one there. Once in place, the pride will all say good bye to their deceased member, and place a "gift" around them. Typically this is flowers, trinkets, skulls, bones, etc. The rest of the day will be spent resting and relaxing, spending time with one another, once again reaffirming bonds, and just being a pride together.

The Second type of Ceremony is an annual event for the pride. On the first Full Moon of the Rains, the pride will go to the Ceremonial Grounds of their Dead. They'll speak to them, give them gifts, spend time with their bones, etc. It's a time of reconnection and honor, and the pride will get together as night falls, telling stories of loved ones passed, and just trying to spend the whole day and night honoring them. They spend the night there with their deceased loved ones, and in the morning, they bid them farewell again, and head out to start a new day.

The Spartan Pride does not tolerate disrespecting their dead, and the pride is only to enter the hollowed grounds in these specific times. Otherwise, the resting places are to be less undisturbed. If humans EVER trespass into this area, the pride will stop at nothing to kill them, and their bones will be offered up in respect at the graves. Most villagers have learned to give this place a wide berth, so it's mostly hunters, poachers, or safaris that make the mistake. And it IS a mistake.

Cub Ceremony

This is a Two Part Ceremony. The first Part takes place when the cubs are born. They are presented to the pride, who will come forward to honor them and the parents, particularly the mother. The pride will offer up words of advice or encouragement, and even gifts for the parents or cubs. The Cubs will then receive the pride's blessings, and then return to the mother's den to grow. The pride knows to leave these dens alone unless danger is in the area.

When the cubs reach 3 months old, though, the second part of the Ceremony is held, and this is the Naming Ceremony. This is when the cubs are reintroduced to the pride, officially becoming part of it. This is also when the cubs are given their names, as cubs are not named until they've become apart of the pride.

The Ceremony is a simple one, but an honored one. The mother will bring the cubs to the pride. The Dominants will come forward, and ask for their given names. The mother will introduce the cubs to the Leads and then Pride One at a time.

For each cub, the Dominants will Welcome them to the Pride, rub their heads against them [and thus their scent], before the cub is walked through the pride with one of the dominants for the other pride members to welcome and greet, each lion and lioness taking a moment to rub heads against the cub, marking the cub with the pride's scent.

Once the ceremony is ended, the cubs are accepted as cubs of the pride, and they will be protected and treated as such.

Edited at August 6, 2024 02:30 PM by Imperial Sands
The Spartan Pride | Lion Rp | Open!August 5, 2024 10:40 PM

Imperial Sands

Darkseeker

Give Award
The Available Roles

The Spartan Pride

Dominant Males
1. Braam | M | 8 Yrs | 11 HM | Imperial Sands | Pg. 1
2. Reserved for Tenebris Umbra

Dominant Females
1. Reserved for Spellbound
2. Pm me first

Secondary Males
1. Izem | M | 6 Yrs | 10 HM | Mother | Pg. 1

Secondary Females

Pride Protectors

Pride Huntresses
1. Inaaya | F | 6 Yrs | 5HM | Imperial Sands | Pg. 1
2. Shiva | F | 4 Yrs | 4HM | Mother | Pg. 2

Pride Cubsitters

Pride Adolescents

Pride Cubs

Edited at August 6, 2024 09:51 PM by Imperial Sands
The Spartan Pride | Lion Rp | Open!August 5, 2024 10:41 PM

Imperial Sands

Darkseeker

Give Award
The Form

Name:
Desired Rank:
Number of Hunter's Marks:
Appearance:
Personality:
Crush:
Courting:
Mate:
Cubs:
Kin:
Affiliations:
Other:
The Spartan Pride | Lion Rp | Open!August 6, 2024 01:12 AM

Imperial Sands

Darkseeker

Give Award
Name:
Braam
8 Years
Male
Pride:

Spartan Pride

First Dominant Male
Desired Rank:

Content
Eleven

Appearance:

Credit Belongs to Psychopomp16 on DA. This is a Stock Image.

Braam is a male who sits somewhere between average and on the large side. He stands at only 4.3 feet tall at the shoulder, but he weighs a hefty 647 lbs in weight. Being an experienced male well into his prime, Braam is not a male that pride's should take likely when he's lurking around. He's a muscular male, but not only is he powerful, he's experienced. Having been on his own for a while, Braam is used to fighting for what he wants or needs, and he's used to winning too.

For his base color, Braam holds a light greyish tan color, with his underbelly being more of a true tan color, with a white marking on his chin and upper lip. Braam also holds a rather impressive mane, though it isn't the biggest or fulled, as it stop right at his shoulders and chest. However, what it is, is it's color. His mane is almost entirely black at this point, with only a frame around his face of dark tannish-red. It'll only be another year before that too darkens. His tail tip, like his mane, is black. Braam's eyes are also a dark amber-red color, though an injury to his left eye has caused it to remain clightly squinted majority of the time. The scars over his left eye are one of many that litter his entire frame, a testimony to his experience and prowess.

Personality:

Aggressive || Direct || Blunt || Experienced || Low Patience for Drama || Authoritative || Uninterested || Deadpanned || Explosive || Volatile || Dangerous || Mildly Homicile || Possessive || Easily Bored || Not Easily Impressed || Sarcastic || Lazy-ish || Abrasive || Ill Tempered at Times || Loyal || Threatening || Protective || Surprisingly Patient with Cubs || Sleepy Jungle Gym

Braam's personality is one that is pretty easy to understand, even if it often leaves something to desire. Still, there is something almost... endearing.. about his predictability in his more surly personality. Considered to be always at even a slight level of grumpyness, Braam isn't always the easiest to get along well with, but also isn't the most difficult. He likes things to be a certain way, preferably drama free, and is happy to spend most of his days resting and preparing for the day it all goes to hell basically.

He has good intentions though, the pride is of uptmost important to him. Their safety, healthy, and success are what matters most to him. It can cause him to come across as rather serious and almost abrasive, but he is loyal and protective over them. He would kill for them any day without so much as batting an eye.

For those females lucky enough to gain his favor, he's less surly, but he's still rough around the edges. He tries to be doting and affectionate, but given he's never really been that way, he can be almost awkward at it. He prefers to have moments in privacy rather in the sights of others.

Crush:

None
Mate:

None
Cubs:

Open
Kin:

His Brother, [Rped by Tene].
Other:
I'm contemplating Braam even having a mate right now. He may have just allowed a female with high marks fill the role. I think to start he'd more so have a few lionesses he favors and maybe sires cubs with, but he hasn't yet found the one.
The Spartan Pride | Lion Rp | Open!August 6, 2024 01:40 AM

Imperial Sands

Darkseeker

Give Award
Name:
Inaaya
Six
Female
Pride:

Spartan Pride

Pride Huntress
Desired Rank:

Content
Five
Appearance:

Credit Belongs to Tala-Stock on DA. This is a Stock Image.

Inaaya is a creature of what would be regal appearance if she wasn't living such a harsh life. She's a tall female, reaching about 3.9 feet tall at the shoulder, but with a leaner weight of only about 460 lbs, on a good day sometimes she's less, due to her struggle to eat. She isn't so thin that her hips show, but with certain movements a glimpse of the outline of her last rib can sometimes be seen. Despite her low weight, it's easy to see the musculature beneath her coat as it hangs over her bones. Like many of the Spartan Lions, Ina may not have the heavier weight of a lioness her height should have, but the meat she does have on her is hardened muscle.

Moving like tightly wound coil, Inaaya walks in a poised and calculated manner, taking in around her and prepared for anything. Her coat always seems to be a bit dusty, which is just the facts of life when living in a place covered in dirt, but even without it the female has always had a greyish tone to her coat. Being grey-tan in color, with some golden tan spread throughout, the lioness has a unique appearance that makes her easy to identify among her pride. Oddly enough, the lioness has some cub-like spotting she never seemed to outgrow, they greyish color markings appearing on her legs and belly, only fading as they go up from where they start. She does have a noticeable short stripe on the top of her head, which is a darker greyish-brown in color, with the same color being seen creating rings on the outside of her ears. The color of the bridge of her muzzle, the area just before her nose, is a similar color, though it starts lighter and darkens as it reaches her actual nose, which is a mix of grey-brown and dark pink. Inaaya's eyes are extremely unique as well, with a startling shade of bright amber, a color so gold they seem molten. Her eyes seem to contrast with the diluted greyscale of her tan coat, but it does make it difficult to look away from her when she's making eye contact.

About a year ago Inaaya suffered a kick to her mandible, that damaged it considerably. Many of her teeth on that side were broken off, or shoved out all together, whereas the bone was cracked. It's healed now, but due to the rough life lions live, it didn't heal quite right, and it's always a tad tender on a good day. The teeth that remain on that side of her jaw are now worn down and don't really cause her pain, but they offer her little strength too. This means she struggles to bring down prey sometimes, and she struggles to eat anything that isn't softer meat or organs. Hence her struggle to keep weight on. Still, despite that she's still a relatively healthy lioness.

Personality:

Rough Around the Edges || Serious || Devoted || Hard Working || Resilient || Aggressive || Hostile || Motherly || Patient || Calculating || Defiant || Will Get Her Paws Dirty || Loyal || Regal || Graceful || Elegant

Do not be fooled by the graceful way the lioness carries herself, as beneath that regal exterior lays a lioness you do not want to cross. There is nothing the Spartan Lioness wouldn't do for her pride, her loyalty to them is not something that should ever be tested. She is a bit rough around the edges, often coming off as harsh and critical, but it's because so much hangs in the balance for the pride, so much rests on her shoulders. Still, despite her more critical personality, the lioness has a lot of respect for the pride she helps lead, knowing they wouldn't have gotten so far without them.

The serious lioness is completely devoted to her pride, and is not above pulling her own weight. She's exceptionally hard working, always right there with her pride in the thick of things. She is not the type to expect them to do something she herself wouldn't do, nor would she really expect them to do the things she is willing to do. Inaaya is a resilient lioness, always the type to get up and keep marching forward no matter how difficult the path is and no matter how many times she gets knocked down. On top of this, Inaaya is an extremely patient and calculating lioness, always the one to bide her time until the perfect moment to act. She's always the one with multiple back up plans, as well as the ability to adapt and think on her feet. This makes her a very difficult opponent, as she's the one you have to worry about being two steps ahead at any given moment. This combined with the sheer amount of hostility and aggression she can show makes her dangerous, as there is very few things she wouldn't do to better her pride.

Despite her more difficult nature, Inaaya is a surprisingly attentive mother, always ensuring her cubs' needs are met and that any danger towards them is quickly eliminated. She will not stand to let the lives of her cubs be threatened, and she will spare no one who dares harm them. She also has a gentler touch with her cubs, becoming a kinder and gentler version of herself that can offer a comforting and understanding nature.

Crush:

Eh. No.
Courting:
Unlikely
Mate:

Unlikely; Open to Discussion
Cubs:

Open to Cubs
Kin:

Possibly Open, Possibly Not
Affiliations:

Open - WIP
Other:
None for Now

Edited at August 6, 2024 09:49 PM by Imperial Sands
The Spartan Pride | Lion Rp | Open!August 6, 2024 02:33 PM

Tenebris Umbra

Darkseeker

Give Award
WIP

Name: Morgav

Desired Rank: Reached

Number of Hunter's Marks: Ten

Appearance:

words

Personality:
Eerie || Intimidating || Conversationalist || Extremely Patient || Honest and Blunt [Curt] || Strategic || Observant || Dangerous || Wanderer || Restive || Articulate || Smooth-Talker || Twister of Words || Driven || Persistent and Resilient

Crush: None
Courting: None
Mate: None
Cubs: Open to Discussion

Kin: Bram [Imperial Sands] - Brother

Affiliations: WIP

Other:
Image One: sekhmet-stock on DA
Image Two: Dark-Wolfs-Stock on DA

Edited at August 6, 2024 02:34 PM by Tenebris Umbra
The Spartan Pride | Lion Rp | Open!August 6, 2024 02:40 PM

Spellbound

Lightbringer

Give Award
Name:
Dominate Female
Desired Rank:
She's Achieved It
Nine ; She's Aiming To Achieve More In The Future
Appearance:

When looking at this female you noice her dark golden fur. With her underbelly being lighter and her having splashes of white or cream on her chest and around her neck. She also has lighter strands of hair on her neck as well. The tip of her tail is charcoal black. On her body is a fair amount of healed scars, some small and unnoticeable- while one or two may stand out more than others. They all have different stories some from accidents, a too rough sparring session, or maybe a mishap with a hunt. Other than that it tells of her experience and age.

This female stands at 3.7 feet tall and weighs in around 280 to 300 pounds. So she'd be considered a medium sized lioness with her body being a well-balanced mixture of power and speed. This size gives her the advantage and helps her be an excellent huntress and one you could rely on in a hunt. Her body is muscular and a tad bit lean but their is a slight broadness to her shoulders - she has long limbs that help her gracefully move around and move swiftly. Thought she'd be consider smaller than some lionesses, she's still one you want to count in on a fight because she can be quick and agile.

This female has what can be described as beautiful and eye catching amber eyes. The colors being a beautiful mixture of yellow and orange with the brown giving her eyes a pretty honied look. Her eyes can grow bright and appear bright like gold in certain light or a dark honey when upset or annoyed. Her eyes are expressive and a window into her soul. This female walks with grace and elegance, with her head high and posture always in tact. Her voice can be described as a bit raspy, but not overly so - it has that certain feminine charm to it and command and catch the attention of others. Her scent is akin to that of desert flowers and the salty sea

Personality:

When meeting this female the first thing you notice is the way she carries herself ; she walks with a certain poise in her gait and her head held high, their is certain bounce in her steps and elegance in her canter. One can tell she was raised to be a well-mannered lady ; from the way she speaks eloquently, and always has some sense of charm to her words - the way she speaks is soothing, like honey dripping from her tongue and gentle on the ears of others. When she speaks, she has a definite purpose, she will not make a fool out of herself - as they say, she knows when to hold them and knows when to fold them. She has a certain gift of persuasion, being able to change the mind of others and get them to see it from her point of view - it can be said she is a tad bit manipulative, able to guilt others into doing something or being able to extract information she needs. Now, most don't ring alarm bells because for the most part she is a genuinely nice soul - it is only when you've invoked her fury will she up the ante. She's very intelligent and sharp ; able to come up with plans and solutions to problems rather quickly and effectively, and she's also good with others - able to listen and empathize with them and sometimes even sympathize. She is one with the people, and has a strong connection with them - always willing to listen to their concerns and help them when she is able to. However, while she is giving and warm - she expects it in return, so if she has helped you in the past and she requests your help in a genuine time of need you best believe she expects you to help her. If not, one will find themselves on her bad side - she hates those who don't repay their debts or help others in need, and not to mention ; she absolutely detests her time being wasted by another. She does and will hold a grudge for a long time about that indiscretion ; and you definitely will receive the cold shoulder. One can say she is a bit petty and vindictive when it comes to being crossed or fooled ; you only need to break her trust once before you find yourself needing to feel remorse for being so rude to her.

This female is of an even-temper, able to keep her cool and patience under the most troubling situations - she can also hold a slight optimism, being able to rally and uplift others when they are down and give a heartfelt speech to inspire others to keep going. While she may be optimistic, she also is a realist ; able to see things for what they really are, however it's better to be optimistic and keep morale up than just rain on the parade. She keeps her bitter thoughts to herself for the most part - after all they don't do much in a tense situation, unless the moment really calls for it because someone is being dumb. One can say that this female is rather no-nonsense, and she doesn't stand for stupidity or anyone's bullshit - no matter the rank, she calls it as she sees it - if you're being a bully, then you're damn well a bully. She doesn't appreciate recklessness or foolish behavior out of those who are supposed to be mature, and she doesn't appreciate adults acting like children either - it grinds her gears when adults bicker like little children over something simple. Also, if you're being a jerk and abusing your power, then she will call you out on it. Just because you're in a position of power doesn't mean she will gravel to you - one has to earn her respect and loyalty, and that's a tough thing to do. She doesn't appreciate anyone who is unnecessarily bossy or micromanaging, and she will tell you exactly how she feels about that.

This female is rather spirited - she holds herself in high esteem, not in a arrogant way, but in a way of that she knows exactly who she is and what she stands for and she won't let anyone or anything change that. She is confident in herself and knows her self worth and won't let anyone tell her otherwise. She is rather opinionated and bold - not afraid to speak out against injustice or go against it, she knows when to stand her ground and when to find a better time to draw attention to a problem. While she does care deeply for those she knows, there are few that she would do anything for - and that means anything, even if it means breaking one of her own morals if she loves you that much. It's to be noted, she doesn't see the world in black and white - she understands the grey areas and isn't afraid to use it to her advantage, even if it means making enemies or others misunderstanding her intention. While this female is truly a loyal creature, she's only loyal as long as you are doing your job right - she's not one to sit by idly as you make her life miserable just for fun, if you can't get it right or are doing wrong then she will make you get it right. It's easy for her to make friends, she's charismatic and charming - easily able to attract others with her manners, but she's wary of trusting others and letting them into her heart. Why? Because she's trusted before and gotten burned . . . badly, and she isn't keen on letting that happen again - so if one wants to truly be her friend then they have to have the patience to consistently get her attention and stand by her side. It pays off in the long run, because you'll never find a friend as loyal as this female. Just know, that once she calls you her friend, you have someone that will stand with you until the end of time itself or until she takes her last breath ; just don't break that trust or you'll lose such special bond.

It's not common for this female to get upset, however annoyed or miffed are part of her. Once can tell by her speech that she's beginning to become a bit annoyed by something, her words become more sharp and witty - while the sweet flowery tone of voice is their, their is more sarcasm and wit in her remarks to the object or person of her annoyance. She can be quite sassy when she wants to be, and she's quite mouthy when she's annoyed - she can and will argue with you up and down as well. Now when it comes to her real anger ; when she's mad, you better take cover - no one is able to escape her wrath. It's safe to say, when she's mad - she is on a warpath and anyone who tries to get in her way will be crushed and ground to dust ; the object of her fury will have to deal with her, she can and will threaten them - but also, she is not above getting physical either, if they're itching for a fight then she damn well will give them one. And she will not be gentle about it, she will go all out and there will be blood drawn - so it's safe to say, be careful when challenging her to a fight because even when she angry to challenge her makes her annoyed and she will prove herself to be superior. It is to note that she can be rather fierce ; a force of nature not to be trifled with, she is a fierce protector of those she knows and cares for - sometimes even willing to put her own life on the line for them. While she may have an easygoing spirit most of the time, you can see her fierce nature blaze within her eyes in moments and other times you can see it when she's using it for good.

When it comes to her family ; you best believe that this female is highly protective of her own. From her brothers and sisters to her nieces and nephews - all of them fall under the umbrella of her love and her protection. There is no question that if you hurt anyone that is her family, you better believe that she will bring the pain to you - she doesn't tolerate anyone who will slander or harm her family members and if you thing of doing such a thing she will find a way to make misfortune come your way. Now while she is protective of her family, there is no one that she is more protective of than her children - especially her younger ones. She loves her children and she protects them with her life and all her souls ; after all that is a mother's sword duty to do so. She raises her children with love - yet, there will always be a firm hand if needed. She makes sure her children have manners, because she will not accept anything less than that - and they will be taught how to be respectful as well. She will not raise disrespectful hooligans ; and if her children are being naughty she knows just how to handle them. Even when her children are older they better show her some respect as their mother and better not think just because they're nearly grown it'll save them from a lecture about their deplorable behavior. While she gets that other mother's maybe worried about her children ; she doesn't appreciate mares taking it upon themselves trying to discipline or raise her children in any way., and she will let it be known. Unless you are her mother or father ; do not try and make "helpful" suggestions to her on how to raise her children.

When it comes to romance, this female is a rather possessive when it comes to her lover ; she doesn't tolerate females trying to make a move on her partner and if he's encouraging them, he'd better run because he will receive a scolding too. She also doesn't like females making bodily contact with her mate because it means that female has gotten too comfortable. Of course, this doesn't apply to his family or friends (unless they begin looking suspicious) . She is a loving partner, doing her best to make them smile and make them happy - she loves being with them and learning things about them. She is rather softer and more affectionate with her partner than most ; and you can see her being more carefree and happier with the person that she loves. And it is well noted that this female likes the small things ; surprises, flowers, little spontaneous dates, & anything creative. As long as you know how to keep her happy, she will be a loving and happy partner. One thing to mention is : she doesn't tolerate cheaters or someone who will treat her like trash ; so if you switch your behavior towards her, then she's switching hers towards you. Meaning, you making her out to be a bitch, then she will become the biggest bitch you've ever seen just to spite them.

Crush:
H m m m
Courting:
She Is The Favored Lioness Of Braam
Mate:
None ; Nothing Is Official - But She Would Like More
Cubs:
Kin:
Affiliations:
Other:

Edited at August 8, 2024 01:05 AM by Spellbound
The Spartan Pride | Lion Rp | Open!August 6, 2024 09:42 PM

Mother

Darkseeker

Give Award

I Z E M

izem3.jpg

Credits to Fotostyle-Schindler on DA
Desired Rank: King, one day
Number of Hunter's Marks: 10

Appearance

Izem is a large male, weighing in at 600 lbs and standing 4.5 feet tall. His stature is an intimidating one. His body is decorated with scars varying in length and size, including his pride mark and hunter's marks. His most noticeable are two gashes across his nose, more circular than slice shaped, which have exposed his dark skin and no longer allow hair to grow. He also has several cuts and bite marks on his legs, shoulders, and flanks, though his left shoulder remains relatively bare, besides his pride mark.

Izem has a cold stare. Actually, everything about him is cold. His refined posture, the soft thuds of his paws making contact with the ground, even the way his fur moves has a dangerous aura to it. His eyes are a hard amber rimmed with dark fur, making them pop out more prominently. His face is nearly always expressionless, or stony in appearance. A smile has not graced his maw in ages; the closest thing to one has been a cruel twist of his upper lips into something resembling a sick grin or a snarl.

His coat is a pale sandy one, lacking in the more warm, golden hue of other lions. It looks dusty and somewhat frayed out even when perfectly clean, and it Carrie's a silvery shimmer to it, especially at night under the moon. In stark contrast, his mane is predominantly a burnt umber. The fur around his head and extending down the back of his neck is a tawny gold, with the lightest sections pressing right up against the short fur of his face.

When he walks, hard muscle ripples beneath a sleek, short pelt. Izem holds himself with a cool regality, head high, tail curled slightly. His long, thick mane is a tapestry of dark browns, golds, and honeys that spreads over his shoulders down to the end of his humerus.

Izem is a handsome lion, but he is unapproachable. Formidable. Dangerous.

Personality

He can be as chilly as his appearance would suggest. Izem has a deep, almost calming rumble of a voice that does not fit his appearance at all, but his tone can quickly grow aloof and clipped in nature. His words are curt and to the point; there is no beating around the bush with this one. If the truth is asked for, the truth shall be made known.

This lion holds strength in high regard -- not necessarily physical strength, as he knows full well that it will not always win a fight -- as well as some form of loyalty. Not necessarily loyalty to an individual; rather, the devotion to an idea or the pride as a whole. He is a calculating individual, mind always working. While he does have physical strength as an advantage, he prefers to use his head first and come up with a plan of action for whatever task lies ahead. Izem also has a fairly strong sense of vengeance.

Izem is actually, and secretly, quite fond of cubs and, when he is around them, he will often spend his free time playing with them, telling them stories, and practicing hunting or battle moves with them. They were his favorite members of his birth pride with their little bleps of tongues, besides the ladies, of course, for whom he would show his chivalrous side. He would take on the role of a secondary father for any cub who may feel lonely.

Those in his pride and cubs are the only ones who will ever see a glimpse of kindness in him. For the former, he holds a tone of respect and makes sure that their thoughts are heard thoroughly before he replies. He does not ever mean to disrespect them, though he has no problem quelling disputes with a snide comment or two. That, though, is rare. Izem is his most friendly around the young.

He has a strong liking for the other members of the pride, and he would never think to betray them. Izem may want to be a king, but he remains respectful of his superiors and would not do anything to undermine their authority or make them look bad. He might be caught joking with them occasionally, and even showing some sort of affection, though he always keeps himself looking his most powerful in their presence.

Crush

None

Mate

None

Cubs

None

Kin

Open

Affiliations

Open

Other

izem4.jpg