Wolf Play : Salvation | Pirate RP | OPEN !
Chatbox
 distant-lands
03:15:06 katy | beetle
Kat,
thanks ^^ i just finished the last two
 Arachne
03:08:24 Ara/Kat
Katy
oh they are so pretty!!
 mission goofy
02:54:24 
manifesting a lapis lazuli eye dye... somehow...
 Liminal Space
02:52:24 Liminal Space
dang the image site I use must be down again
 Existence
02:50:13 Exist / Kuskyn
I completely forgot about a character I designed and got commissioned for a werewolf form for them xD goodness my soul is hating itself xD
 distant-lands
02:49:26 katy | beetle
-Click-
they're coming along nicely ^^
 ZEFHYR
02:49:10 
congrats, liminal space
 Liminal Space
02:47:49 Liminal Space
oh its my 1 year anniversary on this game
 ZEFHYR
02:44:30 
ok...
 Jack-A-Boo
02:42:59 Boo, Vapor (he/Him)
Zef

its basically for following a wolf I guess

I'm not really sure of the promise of it
 ZEFHYR
02:37:25 
in 'vitals' next to manage your wolf, is 'stalk' so what is 'stalk' for exactly?
 Jack-A-Boo
02:27:19 Boo, Vapor (he/Him)
I'm so tired
 Salom_
02:18:19 Sal, Salmon
Boe
Raffles are the best worst invention because I love buying tickets so much. Good for people selling but very bad for my wallet
 Boeing
02:13:08 Boe is a bear, Rawr!
Sal
That's so me too XD
You can't stop buying raffle tickets in anything mildly interesting
 Salom_
02:11:44 Sal, Salmon
Boe
That would be so nice of you :)
Also I so agree. I canÂ’t look at a raffle if thereÂ’s anything mildly interesting to me because IÂ’ll buy a ton of tickets and probably end up going back later and buying even more
 Boeing
02:09:26 Boe is a bear, Rawr!
Sal
I might buy some tickets when the deadline gets closer because raffles are irresistible XD
 Salom_
02:05:52 Sal, Salmon
Boe
Thanks! IÂ’m actually really shocked people were that interested (only 5 people bought tickets but still)
 Boeing
01:56:06 Boe is a bear, Rawr!
Salom
Well done lol
 Salom_
01:51:32 Sal, Salmon
I opened my art raffle expecting there to be like no tickets sold and there were over 500 sold! :D
 Caeruleum
01:48:18 Cae, Blue
10 labors lets go :D

Refresh

You must be a registered member for more
than 1 day before you can use our chatbox.
Quests
Alliance Battles
Challenges

Hourly Damage Variances
Grizzly Bear : -5
Margay : 0
Jaguar : -3
    Summer   Night  Weather:  Earthquake  Moon: 

Forums

→ Wolf Play is a fun game! Sign Up Now!

My Subscriptions
My Bookmarks
My Topics
Latest Topics
Following
Forums > Roleplay > Sign-Ups
   1    2    3    4 

Salvation | Pirate RP | OPEN !July 16, 2024 07:07 PM

Salt Shaker

Neutral

Give Award
Roleplay Thread
-
Contents
Post One: Plot + Rules
Post Two: World Information, Magic System
Post Three: White Tide Ship + Rank Information
Post Four: Character Roster, Sign-Up Form
-
Note that the discussion existed BEFORE the sign-ups and was mostly brainstorming for the plot and world. This is open to the public!

Edited at July 18, 2024 08:27 AM by Salt Shaker
Salvation | Pirate RP | OPEN !July 16, 2024 07:47 PM

Salt Shaker

Neutral

Give Award
𝖕𝖑𝖔𝖙
The White Tide has harassed the shores of the Ivory Sea for decades, pillaging and raiding wherever they see opportunity. The crew, a misfit gang of pirates, has only been growing bolder and more ambitious with their raids over the years. With this increase in courage comes an increase in hubris, and the White Tide crew worked up the confidence to not only plot a heist against the elven kingdom of Perlicula, but actually pull it off and run away with money, jewels, and the most precious royal artifact of the royal family, Vexadon's Ortibiha of Del'hari (shortened to The Orb, you expect a crew of pirates to remember that?), an ancient artifact that is fabled to cure any curses and ailments of anyone who has the Key.
Understandably, the Perlicula kingdom is enraged and humiliated by this. However, after the White Tide crew initially fled with the treasure, all hope was lost - the magic compass that can be used to track The Orb was also stolen, and the crew was able to outpace any pursuing ships. For the next two years, Perlicula's only comfort was that they still held onto the Key, the only hope of opening the Orb.
But the White Tide was reckless, and when they'd discovered that Perlicula could be robbed so easily, they came back again for more.
Their captain devised another heist, this time for the Key. The treasure had been safely buried on an island, eliminating any worry that someone may steal it from them, as only they had the compass and only they would think to look there. So, they sailed back to Perlicula, intent on taking the final piece this time and finally freeing the crew of their ailments and curses.
This would prove to be a grave mistake. For although the White Tide successfully captured the Key, their captain was slain, and their heist ended in disaster. This time, the Navy was hot on their tail, and has been pursuing them ever since that fateful night only three weeks ago.
To make matters worse, the Master Sailor, who had been using the compass to guide them towards the treasure, has just noticed that the treasure... seems to be on the move. And is headed toward Marsur Sea, the sea of monsters. Meaning that one of those hellish beasts has most likely eaten their important treasure. However, White Tide has never cowered before a challenge before, and they did not lose their captain and provoke the wrath of Perlicula just to give up now. If it takes a battle with a sea monstrosity, so be it!
Hopefully their recent downward spiral doesn't end in the ship going down beneath the waves.
-
The Orb itself is a circular object that has, well, a lock on it. That can only be unlocked with the Key, which also probably has a proper name, but really - no pirate is going to bother remembering that.
Inside, there are two compartments. One has a magic artifact concealed away with incredible healing properties. It appears as a smooth pearl of opal, and just one touch is fabled to heal all ailments. The other compartment has a hefty chunk of silver that will absorb any curse placed on an individual... or so the story goes.
It is extremely important that the silver and the opal do not touch! The silver will absorb the opal's power and render it useless. An extremely powerful ancient healing spell was also cast on the opal, meaning that if the silver absorbs it, it may cease to work and absorb any other curse! Assuming these things actually are what they've been told to be, of course.
-
𝖗𝖚𝖑𝖊𝖘
𝟙. Follow all WP rules
𝟚. Have good communication skills! Please be active in the discussion and respond to DMs from me - failing to do either of these things will get you kicked for inactivity. By "active" I mean at least 1 post every 2-3 days.
𝟛. Two paragraphs minimum per post. This also applies to sign-ups. Please describe appearance/personality in at least two paragraphs.
𝟜. Keep roleplay drama in the roleplay. Hate the character, not the player.
𝟝. No Overpowered characters. Please read and then re-read the magic system to make sure you understand it - it's a system my friend and I invented.
𝟞. Reservations last 48 hours
𝟟. Sometimes your sign-up will be critiqued! Please note that this is not a personal attack on you, these are merely things I would like you to adjust so you can join the RP and fit with the world's rules!
𝟠. You may only make a character for the Navy after you have made one for the White Tide! The Navy are side characters, they are only meant to appear for specific scenes! Your pirate is your main character and will be "on stage" at all times. Note that every Navy member is an elf, while the White Tide can be anything as long as it's humanoid.
𝟡. A max of three characters per person - preferably two pirates and one navy member. Additionally, no relationships between your characters- plot with other roleplayers!
𝟙𝟘. No Mary Sue's and overpowered characters. Please try to balance flaws and positive traits.

Edited at July 18, 2024 12:26 PM by Salt Shaker
Salvation | Pirate RP | OPEN !July 16, 2024 07:51 PM

Salt Shaker

Neutral

Give Award
𝖂𝖔𝖗𝖑𝖉 𝕴𝖓𝖋𝖔
The world of Tyrali is an old one. Not yet fully explored, the distant seas still leave much to the imagination and call many a brave adventurer to cross their wide expanse. The White Tide is one such crew, and though pirates are known for their tall tales of harrowing adventure, there's a lot more truth to these stories than one might first believe.
The elven kingdom of Perlicula exists on the shore of the Ivory Sea, their castle perched on a peninsula to gaze at the glittering azure waves. Perlicula is one of the most powerful empires of the millennia and has gradually expanded and conquered lands for many a century. Being such an intimidating force, not many are willing to challenge the royals in any way, shape, or form. It's a well-known fact that only royals, nobles, and the military are well-trained in their magic skills and are therefore incredibly powerful mages, rendering their foes and the lower classes helpless and afraid to revolt.
However, Perlicula does not control the entire continent. All around it are numerous smaller kingdoms and villages that attempt to function under similar laws in order to keep up their unsteady alliance with Perlicula. Your character could come from any of these lands - you are free to name them and come up with lore for them as you see fit (as long as it follows the magic system!). They could even be a Perlicula resident who resorted to piracy as a last effort to rebel against the unfair power dynamic the kingdom rules with.
Beyond the Ivory Sea, there is the Marsur Sea, one known for its dense fog and dangerous inky waters. God be with any ship that finds itself lost in Marsur - if you don't blindly crash into the many rocks that jut from the dark waters, the siren's heavenly chorus will do their best to lead you into them, and then the feeding frenzy will begin. Not to mention the fact that many a sea beast uses these waves and impenetrable mist to conceal themselves.
Worlbuilding is a Group Effort, feel free to add on any ideas in the discussion and they may appear here!
𝕸𝖆𝖌𝖎𝖈 𝖘𝖞𝖘𝖙𝖊𝖒
PLEASE READ AND THEN REREAD THIS!! If you have any questions, post them in the discussion or DM me!
Charts to be made that will hopefully alleviate some confusion
-
The magic system of Tyrali is very similar to radiation.
Firstly, all magic must feed off of organic substances, specifically the energy within them. Magic can be found everywhere, but is especially fond of water. Small molecules of it are in the air everything breathes and in the water everything drinks, thus sewing magic into every aspect of life on the planet.
Certain races and species are more magical than others, and thus, more resistant to the adverse effects of magic. The radiation of magic has caused their genetics to morph and become not only more resistant but also cause major changes in appearance and natural abilities. For example, the ocean has developed incredible sea monsters and leviathans that would have otherwise not evolved. Elves have adapted to grow longer ears, be more powerful, and have higher levels of magic within them, as well as achieve lifespans of 200 years. Sirens have developed gorgeous, irresistible voices that lure in prey from miles away. Fairies are the most magic of all, experiencing almost no negative effects because they are practically magic in a sapient form.
However... for those who are not the fae folk, magic can be harmful. It does not matter what race you are, what species, or how careful - too much use of powerful spells can be incredibly dangerous. Magic feeds off of the caster's energy, after all. Bigger spells require more energy, and thus, more of your life force will be siphoned away as the magic must feed on the nearest organic substance - you.
-
There are three main classes for practicing magic in Perlicula, only two of which are legal.
The first is wizardry. Wizards are like the scientists of Tyrali. They experiment with what magic can and can't do and its effects on the world. It basically goes hand in hand with science - biology, geography, sociology, and every other -ology is affected in some way by the magic of this world and is able to be studied with the use of spells and careful observation. Wizards write all the guidebooks to magic, outline all the spells that have been experimented on and proven to have reliable outcomes, and basically just work to understand how it works. Being a wizard is taxing work - since they work so closely with magic, they must feed themselves to it often, and that is why most wizards are so haggard and ancient in appearance. The magic has fed off of their youth.
Mages are your typical legal magic practitioner. They are usually employed by upper-class folk who aren't too keen on using magic themselves for vain reasons. Mages can only perform legal rituals and usually follow the wizard's spell guidebooks to a T. This prevents the aging and decaying process from getting to them, and they usually only look about 5-10 years older than they really are as the magic hasn't eaten away at them too gravely.
Witchcraft is illegal. Witchcraft is the crafting of spells with physical organic items and the illegal use of magical beings in these ingredients. It also often involves sacrificial rituals. By doing this, the magic feeds off of their materials and these magic beasts instead of the witch, which means they will most likely not face the usual consequences.
-
This is not the only reason witches are illegal, of course. As mentioned before, the more powerful the spell, the more energy is required. Flip this around, and it becomes the more energy used, the more powerful the spell. Spells have "decay periods", meaning each spell's effects have a time limit before they naturally wear off. Legal spells cast by wizards and mages typically decay away within two weeks' time, leaving no trace they were ever cast. This is because mages and wizards only work with their own bodies and legal, approved materials, even though it's often at the expense of themselves since the magic must feed off of them.
Witch spells are different because they use numerous powerful materials. They have obscenely long decay periods that can last longer than a human lifetime. The witch doesn't even have to sacrifice their own lifeforce for these incredibly powerful spells, meaning she could cast them again.
-
This also leads us to why so few rituals are legal. Mage and Wizard rituals get very technical very fast, with specific materials required for specific spells to avoid stepping out of legal boundaries. Witch rituals are illegal because they often incorporate sacrifices. A sacrifice provides a huge amount of energy for magic to feast on.
Regardless of whether or not the ritual was legal, any spell cast by one will usually last longer than a lifetime, given it reached the minimum amount of ingredients required. Ritual setups are the equivalent of a nuclear reactor, after all.
-
Magic's only weakness is silver, which will absorb it. Silver is an illegal material in Perlicula, with only higher ranks able to wield it as it is regarded as a weapon that must be treated with utmost care. However, this has not stopped outlaws from wearing silver earrings and the like to defend against magic attacks... at the expense of not being able to cast magic themselves.

Edited at July 16, 2024 09:52 PM by Salt Shaker
Salvation | Pirate RP | OPEN !July 16, 2024 07:53 PM

Salt Shaker

Neutral

Give Award
𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝖂𝖍𝖎𝖙𝖊 𝕿𝖎𝖉𝖊
The White Tide is an old ship, well-loved and yet still somehow in a good enough condition to outrun the navy. Though not the largest ship, she's still quite big, big enough to have three complete floors below deck, an enviable kitchen, and cozy quarters... for the captain and quartermaster, at least. The rest of you may have to fight to get a comfy spot.
She was made with an eye for artistry, and it shows in the numerous small decorations carved into her railings and posts. On the front of the ship is a hissing viperfish. Every post on the railings of her deck has been lovingly carved into the shape of a seahorse. Even her door frames have tall tendrils of seaweed carefully etched in and the bubbles that flow up from them. It's unknown what her original purpose was before the first captain took her over and claimed her for the crew, but she's a work of fine art... even if she's cared for by a group of smelly pirates now.
She has 10 smaller boats and 30 cannons. Her flag is currently the typical Jolly Roger, with the twist that this version has the large, gleaming teeth of an angler fish to reflect the crew's... unique population.
The White Tide has several animals on board [NPCs]. They are as follows;
image credits
@Caribou WPG - Coloring
@Comburo DA - Lines
Mordred
Technically, Mordred is Gore's dog... thing... whatever. Gore found him when he made one of his Extremely Rare ventures off the boat. Gore's always had a soft spot for animals and this weird puppy looked cute so he decided he was going to snatch it up and take it with him.
Mordred is not a dog. He's something supernatural and has grown larger than even the biggest breed. That thing has eyes that glow in the dark and probably some untold powers. But Gore thinks he just found them a Really Weird Dog.
Mordred is very extroverted! He's probably trying to cover everyone in sloppy dog kisses at all times.
image credits @Space Man for lines, @Salt Shaker for color
Masha
This cat is older than most of the barnacles that cover White Tide's hull. She's a talkative old thing, always has something to say about someone. You'll know she's in the room because she likes to meow and chirp every time she passes through a doorway, tail up, eyes half closed because she's constantly tired these days.
Sassy old cat who tends to attack for no reason out of nowhere if you sit beside her long enough. She gets that burst of Youthful Energy that makes her feel the need to shred the nearest living being. Sweet though... in her own grumpy old geezer way. She's no one's cat, whoever brought her aboard is probably long gone now. The White Tide's unofficial mascot.
The Chickens
Several chickens, all of varying breeds. Descriptions to be provided one day, for now I will just list names
Eunice
Fuzzhead
Lassie
Bilge Rat
Crab Legs
more to be added
i tried to think up weird names that would come from a group of smelly pirates just watching their chickens do Whatever around the ship
𝕽𝖆𝖓𝕶𝖘
Captain
The captain chooses where the ship will sail to next and functions like their general during fights. Their word is final during battles as they were (most likely) voted into the position for their battle prowess and skill, as well as their ability to think quickly in stressful situations. On this ship, the captain also oversees jobs and distributes who gets what rank.
Quartermaster
The quartermaster has equal power to the captain but controls different things. They ration food and keep track of quarters, obviously. They make sure there's enough space and supplies for the crew of the ship, as well as materials that may be needed for battle. The ideal candidate for this role is someone who isn't a pushover and someone who will provide the needs regardless of circumstance or crew's personal feelings - such as Lola plotting to eat the baby sea monster. good of the crew > that wicked creature
First Mate
In the event that something happens to the captain, the First Mate will take over the role temporarily until they are voted in permanently. They function as the righthand man to both the Captain and Quartermaster and can do their jobs if either is absent - but since they aren't officially that rank, the results of their orders may vary.
Master Sailor / Pilot
The main navigator of the crew, typically the one with the most sailing experience and knowledge. They keep the ship on course and do most of the navigating after a destination has been decided on.
Carpenter/Medic
Whoever was good at cutting wooden boards would probably be good at amputating mutilated limbs, yes?
This rank is responsible for repairs and any serious ailments the crew members may come down with. This role is usually held by one person, but if an actual doctor or carpenter steps aboard, it could split into two.
Master Gunner
Similar to the Master Sailor, but for the guns and cannons of the ship instead. They are, again, the most experienced in this role.
Boatswain
Higher-ranking sailors who mainly do any job that less experienced ones can't. This also includes rigging the ship while on the dock. Sometimes they keep track of the number of the ship's boats, but the quartermaster has more power over that.
Cook / Striker
The food catcher and provider, the cook does most of the fishing for marine life and most of the food processing. Since they work closely with the food, they're usually more aware of how many rations they are and update the Quartermaster on it.
Sailors
Everyone Else who isn't sorted into a specific spot. They could double as gunners or be skilled only with swords. On the White Tide, every member is an adult, so these folk also man the cannons instead of having powder monkeys do the task for them.

Edited at July 28, 2024 09:56 PM by Salt Shaker
Salvation | Pirate RP | OPEN !July 16, 2024 07:54 PM

Salt Shaker

Neutral

Give Award
𝕽𝖔𝖘𝖙𝖊𝖗
Witch Cap [3/4]
To prevent an overpopulation of witches, there is a temporary cap in place for the first few days of sign-ups! 3 slots have already been claimed. Witches can be any rank on the ship.
Captain [1/1]
Cynric Wiess | Nonbinary | Human/Nymph | sleepless nights
Quartermaster [1/1]
Lola Newbery | Female | Catfolk | los campesinos!
First Mate [1/1]
Celestine Starcatcher| Male | Draconic Human | silhouetteissleepy
Master Sailor [1/1]
Gore Buckley | Male | Human | Salt Shaker
Carpenter/Medic [1/1]
Deirdre Niamh Barr | Female | Human | Honey
Master Gunner [1/1]
Iravan | Male | Leviathan Shifter | ThisIsAPackName
Boatswain [1/4]
Torio Holloway | Male | Human | Pastry Lord
Cook/Striker [1/1]
Ariadne Savile | Naga | Female | Moff
Sailors [6/infinite]
Siansa Cordaimon | Female | Human | Matunda
Kai'zenanriah Fitz | Male | Elf | Moose
Morwenna Maristela Carpenter | Female | Human / Neried | Nirvana_Sky
Sonora'Mara | Female | Siren | High Hills Pack
Graham Fletcher | Male | Fishfolk | Frutiger Aero
-
The Navy
Captain [1/1]
Zaleria Trisyra | Intersex | Elf | Salt Shaker
Quartermaster [1/1]
Oleander Aquila Scarduzio | Male | Elf | Honey
First Mate [1/1]
res Moff
Master Sailor [0/1]
Medic [0/1]
Carpenter [0/1]
Master Gunner [0/1]
Boatswain [0/1]
Cook/Striker [0/1]
Sailors [0/-]
NOTE: The Navy's lead boat is named the Solana, and she is a Man O' War ship. ALL NAVY ROLES ARE NOT REQUIRED TO BE FILLED! They are all provided in case you want to be any rank on the ship, but the Navy characters are side characters who will appear for specific scenes, and therefore do not need every rank filled.
𝖘𝖎𝖌𝖓-𝖀𝖕 𝕱𝖔𝖗𝖒
Name
Species
Sexuality
Rank
Motivation
why they desire the treasure
note that the Navy all desire it because it belongs to their royal family
Appearance
Personality
Strengths
Weaknesses
Background
please mention how many years they have been on the ship! This will help build character relationships.
Note that this is optional for the Navy.
-
*Optional

Edited at August 2, 2024 12:10 AM by Salt Shaker
Salvation | Pirate RP | OPEN !July 18, 2024 12:51 PM

Honey

Darkseeker

Give Award

Name

Deirdre Niamh Barr

Female - she/her

Species

Human mage

Sexuality

Lesbian

Rank

Medic

White Tide - fairly neutral. She hasn't been with the crew long enough for most of them to form an opinion on her.

Public - not great. Back home, everyone except her family has a pretty poor opinion of her thanks to her basically deserting their rebellion. She was renowned as an intelligent and ambitious student during her training as a mage, but her refusal to pay her debt has probably soured their perception of her.

Motivation

She thinks it just sounds pretty neat. Deirdre is always seeking out new things to learn regarding magic, and would love to be able to study the treasure and figure out what makes it tick.

Appearance

Like many Lyrathians, Deirdre's most striking feature is her fiery red hair; straight and silky, she keeps it cut just above her shoulders to avoid the hassle of constantly maintaining it. She will occasionally braid it into two small pigtails to pull it out of her face, but rarely does much else with it in terms of styling.

Deirdre's skin is naturally pale, but has picked up a slight tan from her time spent outdoors back home. During the winter months, it becomes very fair once again. Light brown freckles are scattered across her cheeks, legs, and arms.

'Seafoam' is probably the best term to describe the color of Deirdre's eyes. They are not quite green, but not quite blue either, hovering somewhere in the middle instead. Her eyes are bright and almond-shaped, with long lashes and thick brows.

Deirdre has strong, striking features, not delicate by any means. Her nose is straight and sharp, and her cheekbones are set high on her face. Her lips are full and plump with a prominent cupid's bow. Her face is angular in shape, giving her a sharp jawline and chin. While her features work well together, hers is more of an intense beauty rather than conventional attractiveness.

Deirdre stands at about 5'6 and has a lean, muscular body type.

Deirdre has long, lightning-shaped scars running along her arms and torso from excessive magic use. Presently, they end at her throat. She usually wears robes with a higher collar to keep them hidden.

Personality

The most important thing in Deirdre's life is her family. She grew up with many aunts, uncles, cousins, and other relatives, so having a large but tight-knit family is something that's important to her. She is extremely loyal to her loved ones and has no qualms about putting herself in harm's way to help them. She considers her closest friends to be her family as well and extends this treatment to them.

Deirdre is also very hard-working and determined. Her pursuit of magic and knowledge led her to leave her family behind to study in another country, and she hasn't returned home since. She is remarkably talented and capable in healing magic, but she still feels guilty and selfish for fleeing the rebellion in favor of learning magic.

Deirdre's creativity and intelligence are two of her notable traits as well. While her family has had numerous mages and wizards in their line, she's the first in many generations. By studying some of her family's old books, she managed to teach herself some of the basics of healing magic, which caught the attention of the professors at her school and earned her a spot.

· Her family and friends

· The sea

· The outdoors

· Reading - particularly magic history and Lyrathian folklore

· Storms

· Tea

· Cats

· Scurvy

Dislikes

· The cold

· Her scars

· Coffee

· Insects

Strengths

· Proficiency in healing magic

· Some medical knowledge

· Determined

· Confident

· Extroverted

Weaknesses

· Short-tempered

· Easily spooked

· Physical toll of using her magic

· Selfish

Background

Deirdre was born and raised in Lyrathia, a small island nation. She has two older brothers and three younger sisters.

When Deirdre was about 10, a rebellion broke out against the ruling class of Lyrathia. They had spent decades purposely withholding much-needed resources from the 'commoners' in a bid to keep them docile and dependent on them. The uprising has been going on for about 13 years, but little progress has been made. Both sides have remained stuck in essentially the same places they were at the beginning of the war. The Elven navy provided weapons and supplies to those fighting for the ruling class, which had a detrimental effect on the commoners' army and nearly ended the war. Lyrathia has experienced a dramatic decline in population size and births per year since everyone who's healthy and able to fight has been sent off to the front lines of the rebellion.

Deirdre was terrified as a young teen of the idea of going off to war. At 14, she left home to study at a mages' school. While she genuinely had an interestin learning about and improving her magical abilities, she mostly left to avoid being conscripted into the army. This decision still weighs on her conscious almost a decade later; she has had no contact with her loved ones back home since she left and has no way of knowing if they're even still alive.

Deirdre finished her education as a mage at 17 and was immediately required to pay the debt she had taken on when she became a student. She had no money of her own and refused to ask her family back home for any, so she disappeared. For the past six years or so, she's been doing odd and slightly illegal jobs, mostly as a healer for bandits or petty criminals. Her position as the White Tide's medic is probably the most legitimate job she's ever had, though she's only been on the ship for about four months.

Kin

Oisin Barr - father. Deceased, but she does not know this

Aoife Barr - mother

Cian Barr - eldest brother. Deceased, but she does not know this

Darragh Barr - older brother

Roisin Barr - younger sister

Clodagh Barr - younger sister

Eabha Barr - youngest sister

Edited at July 20, 2024 05:00 PM by Honey
Salvation | Pirate RP | OPEN !July 18, 2024 02:11 PM

Matunda

Darkseeker

Give Award
Name:
Siansa Cordaimon
Species:
Human- with Catfolk as very distant, deceased relatives
Sexuality:
Straight
Sailor
Siansa's reputation is scattered. Those who know her story (and her crimes) most likely despise her, and want nothing to do with her. Few know about anymore it though, with only those she truly trusted after the events having abandoned her after learning about it. She hasn't told anyone about it after their abandonment, though she keeps a small journal safely where no one will discover it, oftentimes in her room. Many people don't go near her anymore, as she doesn't appear like the most approachable person with all her scars and overall maniacal appearance.
Most on The White Tide view Siansa as a carefree maniac, which she most definitely is. She hasn't been on the White Tide for long, only about four years which means she joined the boat two years after she cold-bloodedly murdered her own sister out of jealousy. No one on the boat knows that she did that though, all some of them know is that she was exiled for doing something odious.
Motivation:
Even though Siansa may not seem like it, she is quite haunted after killing her sister, and often views herself as a murder for it (which she is a murder for it). She thinks that if she and her newfound friends manage to find and steal The Orb, she'll finally be free from her regret and forgive herself. She hopes that her friends would pardon her if they ever found out about it, simply because of the journey to find The Orb had already made them close, or a few of them close.

Appearance:
Siansa Cordaimon isn't exactly the strongest of people out there, with the height of 5'3 and a lithe build. She relies oftentimes on her skill with her choice weaponry rather than her own physical strength, so when unable to fight with a weapon, she's weak. With her cutlass skills, she's undefeatable (not really, that's just the word I used to describe). She can still pack a punch, but has almost always failed in battles and spars against others without it. Even though it's easy to tell how weak she is, Sia seems to be completely oblivious to the fact. It's obvious how and why she's so scarred.
Siansa's hair is colored multiple different shades of dark brown, that are scattered throughout her hair. Each color is scattered just enough for there to be zero random patches, but are close enough together to be noticeable, as if each strand is a completely different color from the other ( they are ;] ). Where her hair parts down the middle, the surrounding color is a light chestnut color, that sloppily blends with the other colors. On the left side of her head, a large burn scar leaves an empty patch, that is incapable of growing back due to the severity of the burn.
Siansa's skin tone is a warm beige color, tanned from almost constant exposure to the sun's radiant rays. Though she is often outside in the sunlight, she has no freckles, due to genetics, but instead, she has a couple blackheads underneath her eyes on her cheeks. Despite it's unkempt appearance, she still manages to keep a young appearance, even with all her scars.
Siansa has eyes the color of scarlet. Like staring into a pool of blood. They go really well with her overall appearance. With hints of orange, they give of a supernatural aura, and Sia is aware of it. They're one of her favorite things about herself. Above her eyes are average eyebrows, that are the same color as her hair mainly appears, which is dark brown. A scar, clearly inflicted by the work of a knife, goes through her left eyebrow, narrowly missing her eyes, and traveling across her nosebride onto her cheek. Having a strong jawline, Siansa's teeth have a sharp appearance, with the tips being pointed, granting her an arguably hideous smile. No, she doesn't have any gold teeth, or scurvy. She eats her fruits and vegetables ( I never said without complaints. Remember that ;] ).

Personality:
Let's be straightforward, Siansa's a maniac. Not in a violent way, as you may assume, but rather just someone who's incredibly wild. Wild in a way that makes her play with weapons. She has no sense of danger, at all. She neither has the ability to know her limits. She also loves to mess with people, especially those she cares about like friends. And her type of messing around is popping balloons behind them or just overall pestering them with information or questions that are unrelated or unnecessary. Some who know her may consider her somewhat violent. She loves a good fight every couple days. Sparring is too simple for her, only real fights are fun. She's one of the rare people who won't hold a grudge on someone after the fact, but she'll instead act like nothing happened. Either that or she'll ask to know your techniques you used.
Frankly, Siansa isn't very intelligent either. She knows enough to not be stupid, but only that amount. She focuses way too much on learning her skills and her skills only, nothing else. She thinks that it's only important to know things like skills. However, she is pretty good at her interests, such as fighting with a cutlass. The only interest she's terrible at is.. the dreaded concertina. It'll burn your eardrums listening to her play it.
Despite being vexing, Sia is a very loyal friend to have. She's not a good ear, but she'll be there to defend any of her friends when they need it. And when I say she'll be there I mean she'll take on the whole fight for her friend if need be. This applies to teammates she doesn't know, but never to strangers. She wouldn't risk her own safety for some random person she's never met! However when that stranger is an ally, she's still her defensive self as usual. It just applies more to her friends, and definitely means more. Now off the topic of fighting, she's still loyal. You'll often find her taking their side in arguments, or actually being somewhat pleasant to be around when she's not there to be bothersome. And once she considers someone her friend, well they'd have to do something atrocious directly to her to possibly make her disassociate herself with them. Sia cares deeply for all her friends. Their needs are always above her own. She tries to be helpful and pleasant towards them, but often finds herself again pestering them, but instead asking for things to help with. When she's in the correct mood, atleast.
Siansa finds herself often acting mysterious about herself. Not intentionally, but it's mainly grown into a habit from years of being secretive about herself. She prefers not to talk about herself either, as she feels like she possibly might come off to some as narcissistic in a way. She will tell others her skills gladly, like her passion for the concertina and learning to use a cutlass, but anything other than that, she prefers to keep to herself.

Strengths & Weaknesses:
Strengths
Surprisingly strong, despite how she may look.
Skilled at using a cutlass.
Able to disguise her emotions very well.
Weaknesses
Incapable of being stealthy or quiet.
Stubborn.
Too secretive, in a way that makes her hard to trust.
Background:
Margarita Coves. Pssh, what an utterly humiliating place to be born. Where peace is demanded and self defense is reprimanded. What a shame, jealousy is quite a curse to have. It's a shame I had to be born with it.. anyway, I'd always wondered what made my hometown have such a horrible name, and from what I could put together, it's because when it was found by a crew that all had a celebratory margarita on it. Disgusting. Alcohol was never my thing. However one thing I loved about Margarita Coves was.. it's talent and musical culture. It was true talent, not just someone playing a prerecorded tape and pretending to play the instrument. It was real music. Music originated from talent and friendship. However, I wish it was just a little less peaceful there. Then maybe I wouldn't have done what I did. There was no enemies, yet every surrounding group was always their friend. No one actually wanted to fight. We- no they could've been so much more
Regrettably, I am Siansa. You probably have never heard of me. But yeah. I am Siansa. I wish my name was something much more dignified and superior sounding than it is. I hate my name. As you may have read in the paragraph before this one, I used to call a place, Margarita Coves, my home. Not anymore. I wasn't anyone important until I made the most impulsive decision of my life.. heh. I bet I'm now a story told to scare children there. My role in the tribe was pathetic, and my rank as well. I guess you can consider the same thing since it's so boring. I was a mere fighter and defender, while on the other hand, my sister was the second in command. Jealousy~ I went to a school while I was a fighter, training in something I can't recall anymore. It wasn't a very great interest of mine. However my tutor was an elderly gentleman, and very friendly. I made some friends there, but my two best friends are the only ones I care about anymore- even after my betrayal. With them, I accomplished great things! I became great with a cutlass, and also with a pistol. My aim isn't great anymore after I wounded by arm, but it's still effective. I was apparently an impressive artist too, which is surprising in my honest opinion.
When I became more dedicated to my tribe, aka Margarita Coves, my family was already drifted, so I never got the reassurance I truly needed at the time. My mother and father both died, my mother from undercooked fish that gave her salmonella and my father from a training accident. Lame deaths. All my four younger sisters began to resent me for honestly who knows why? Maybe I was irritating or something. Seems pretty likely. However, they absolutely adored my older sister, the oldest of us, who had a very similar personality to me. It made me feel very unwanted, and also made me resent my older sister because she loved to rub it in my face. Actually, resent is an understatement. Despise is more accurate. I decided I hated my sister so much that I was going to derank her. That didn't work, so I thought maybe try and take a leg off, but that was impossible without getting caught. The only option was to kill her. How could I be so impulsive to murder somebody because of my own jealousy?
It seems in my young mind, murdering was an excellent plan. If I could reverse anything in my life, it would be that. I initiated my plan when my sister was on a nighttime walk. At first, I was going to sneak behind her and kill her quickly and efficiently, but then my young mind decided that wasn't fun enough, so I charged headfirst with my cutlass. It was a very easy fight, much to my disappointment (as a young teenager) as I ended the fight as soon as it begun. My sister froze and basically let me kill her. But then the bushes rustled behind, and a lantern glimmered across the nearby waves of the ocean.
I'd been caught.
My heart was pounding so much it actually begun to pang in pain with each beat. I knew it. I was busted. But when I turned to look- it was my friends. My two besties. Staring at me in shock. I jumped to try and explain, with a twist on the story, but the moment I started, they both ran. I couldn't bring myself to kill my friends, and I stood there, stunned. There was nothing I could do. I was caught. That day I lost everything. My family. My reputation. But worst of all, my friends.. When I snapped out of it, they were already after me. So I ran like my life depended on it. Because it did. If I was caught, I would've died right then and there. My ability to run was very limited, as the entire island was populated with the town. So I had no choice but to go for a little swim. Before they caught up, I dove into the water and swam. And swam. Until the light was longer visible. And I was stuck out there.
I don't know what happened, but I ended up on a different island. Then ever since then, I live in regret. Constantly dreaming of what my life could've been if I hadn't acted so impulsive.
~
17 at time of Exile
19 at time of Joining the White Tide
Other:
The backstory. The cringe. Please help. *^*

Edited at July 19, 2024 08:58 AM by Matunda
Salvation | Pirate RP | OPEN !July 18, 2024 02:37 PM

los campesinos!

Neutral

Give Award

Lola Newbery

654-E2-BBD-A8-B0-4-D1-B-BBFE-BCD9-E616-D231.png

Female

Bakeneko/Catfolk

Lesbian

Quartermaster

White Tide : I'd imagine Lola's rep on the ship is... fine. Respected, but not beloved. Her decisions can seem inconsiderate, but everyone knows everything she does is better for everyone in the long run.

Public : I don't think Lola would have much of a reputation herself to the public, more just the reputation all White Tide crew members would have— naughty!!!

Lola doesn't have a big want for the treasure. If it were her choice they wouldn't be going after it at all. Seriously? Being hunted by the Navy and going into such dangerous waters is definitely NOT for the better of the crew. She has no personal reason to need it– no curses. This whole thing just doesn't seem worth it to Lola.

Lola is a cat-like humanoid with black fur and dark pink skin. She is 5'5 and about 105lbs.

Her clothes are rather loose, as to not hinder her movability in the typical swashbuckling life. Her shirt is white (though quite stained with various... fluids. Blood, particularly. Shit happens.) And her trousers are tan with darker stripes down the length; the material is quite uncomfortable and itchy.

Lola wears a bandana on her head made of calico. It is one of her most prized possessions, for unknown reasons.

She wears a modified belt, too large for her with modified pockets to tuck various knives into. It's a mystery why Lola feels the need to have knives when she has perfectly good claws for close-quarter combat, but who knows?

Lola has a holster strapped to her left leg where she keeps a small blunderbuss gun. Lola is left-handed (pawed?) thus the placement.

She has a variety of scars, from actual combat, not as a result of magic; namely on her cheek, across her muzzle, down her eye, a torn ear and one on her forearm. Lola has never been particularly gifted in the area of magic, so she doesn't really have any of the traits a typical magic user would have.

Due to her cat-like forme, Lola has enhanced abilities in perception and stealth, especially in the dark due to her fur colour. She also has rather impeccable night vision, being able to see quite well in darkness.

Lola's native language is quite similar to what a feral cat would speak, but not quite the same. Sometimes, if Lola focuses, she can understand parts of what the ship's cat, Masha says. She does not want to discuss the things she hears.

Lola is cold. She isn't the most empathetic of people and will not spare the feelings of her crew over what's really best for them. Cough. Sea monster.

Lola's main goal aboard the ship is to make MONEY. If something they do isn't going to earn them money in the end, Lola doesn't see the point. Cough. Sea monster.

As the cat that distributes resources among the crew, Lola likes to work closely with the White Tide's cook, Ariadne. She's quite fond of the Naga, in her own way, and she totally doesn't just want to hang around the kitchen for Other Purposes.

Lola isn't extremely talkative, and she often opts to just hang around crewmates a little. Creepily so she can gather information on the affinities within the ship to better organize the quarters with crew members that at least tolerate each other in the same ones. Sometimes, she'll even decide to interrogate certain crew members to work it out even deeper.

Lola has a passion for understanding how things work, studying things she's taken an interest in to an insane degree. Of course, she can't always spare time to research things herself, so if she has time she'll ask some of the more... interesting crew members to info-dump on her. As a Treat.

Although Lola looks to make things fair for everyone, she isn't invincible to having favourites. When in comes to distributing loot among crew members, Lola will often give the most 'well-behaved' a little extra. Nothing wrong with that.

While pirates don't exactly enjoy authority, Lola still expects to be treated with respect for her position. She doesn't tolerate being called by her first name by most people, expecting to be called "Ma'am", or "Miss Newbery." Lola does... get a little worked up about the fact she isn't TRULY an authority figure, because sometimes she'd really like it if she was. But, no! Of course pirates have to be... level with each other. She does Not enjoy it.

Of course, Lola loves being a pirate! It's just that some aspects of pirate life really bother her.

Lola holds a bit of a grudge against some of the active magic users of the crew, especially witches. A remainder of her past as a wizard's apprentice and her socialization... against that kind of magic. It just seems a little wrong to her.

Though Lola would like to be calm and calculated in her actions, they are often driven by impulses and curiosity. If she were to be given an alignment, it would be 'chaotic neutral'.

Oil Lamps.

Richesss...

Her leetle bandana.

Magic

Dislikes

Things she deems useless. Cough. Sea monster.

Magic (it's a love-hate relationship)

Masha. They do not get along.

Strengths

Lola has the ability to see in darkness quite clearly, which is pretty useful below deck, and at night.

Lola's claws give her pretty good climbing ability. Of course, she has to take her boots off first... but it's a rather useful trait to have for maintenance's sake.

Lola has a pretty good understanding of magic considering her past as a wizard's apprentice. She likes to think it gives her an advantage on magical enemies.

Being a long-time member of the crew, Lola has picked up quite a few things in her time.

Weaknesses

Lola's impulsivity can cause issues, as she struggles to think in the long-term at these moments.

Her unsocial attitude and... lurking aren't always something looked upon fondly.

Lola is quite inconsiderate of other's feelings and can ignore what others want if she deems it for the better. This can cause issues.

Being an obligate carnivore, and meat being a little difficult to obtain on a ship, Lola often faces problems with malnutrition.

Lola was born. Somewhere. I am yet to work that all out oopsie I'll add stuff about it here when I do... lol.

Through her adolescence, Lola was apprenticed under a rather esteemed wizard, learning how magic worked and all that. It grew a great passion for magic within Lola. For 8 years she studied magic, though studying was all it was. She'd learned she wasn't well-off in the ways of practical magical abilities, so she could only ever research the topic without doing anything with it. As much as she loved magic, her inability to do anything with it made Lola a tad spiteful to those who could. Eventually, Lola had enough and dropped out of her apprenticeship. She spent a few years after that doing contracting, spending her time hunting down rare beasts and items for people who'd pay good money for it.

At some point in her mid-twenties Lola ended up on the deck of the White Tide. It seemed like the perfect role for Lola to fall into, given how she'd been working for the past four years.

Of course, she didn't instantly get a good role, having to work her way up to it.

So far, Lola has spent about 19 years aboard the White Tide and doesn't regret a moment of it. She's seen many crew members leave and die and come and go, being one of the longest remaining members.

art credits to me

Salvation | Pirate RP | OPEN !July 18, 2024 03:15 PM

ThisIsAPackName

Lightbringer

Give Award

╭──∙˚⊹ ࣪ ﹏𓊝﹏𓂁﹏⊹ ࣪ ˖∙──╮

𓊝 IRAVAN 𓊝

[ male - forty-one - leviathan to human shifter - bisexual ]

===========

Full Name:

Iravan No Last Name Given

Nicknames:

Ira, Ire, Vanny

41 (amongst leviathans, he’s considered incredibly young, but he’s still middle-aged amongst humans. Late-aged, actually, since I’m pretty sure people at this time died at, like, 50.)

Master Gunner

Despite being an overall friendly and helpful fellow and generally an open book, he’s a somewhat mysterious presence aboard the ship. After all, whenever asked why he decided to become a pirate, he always says “it just seemed fun,” but... that really can’t be it, right? His crewmates tend to be rather suspicious of his motivations. He does sing a mean “99 bottles of beer on the wall,” though.

Motivation:

He sort of just likes being here. Frankly, he doesn’t want the treasure in the first place, just wants to be able to look up at the clouds and arm wrestle with his sailors.

-ˋˏ- ᵒ𓆝✢ᵒꕀᵒ✢𓆞ᵒ -ˎˊ-

Appearance:

In the default form Iravan takes as a quote unquote “human being,” he is, for a lack of a better term, a hulking beast of a man. Covered in spikes, spines, and scale sporadically as far as the eye can see ─ which is pretty far, considering there is 7’ and 7” of Iravan to look at ─ the first thing you notice is that he’s definitely not human, or at least not purely so. The amount of muscle he has (and the fact that he has a maw full of razor-sharp teeth) only adds to the monstrous look. The fact that he finds it passable is somewhat laughable, but he seems to enjoy the extra freedom this form gives him, considering that he has enough muscle mass to give him a lot of extra strength and dexterity a purely human form wouldn’t.

In terms of general form, he is aforementionedly muscular ─ the typical inverted triangle shape with broad shoulders and wide arms, though he has enough fat on his body that the details of his abs and such aren’t visible without him flexing them. Past the monstrousness of his spikes and biceps, though, he has a bit of an unkempt look, with messy, spiky hair that lies messily across his face past his nose and goes a bit past his shoulders when he doesn’t put it up in its usual spiky ponytail. Small webbed “horns” of sort rise up between some of the strands. He’s also got quite a bit of body hair, majorly on his chest and arms and all untrimmed, though the hair is often split by the occasional spine here and there, which you could probably say is the only time he’s ever had his hair cut. He’s also covered in the occasional blackhead, scar, and pimple, majorly minor ─ he does, however, have several stretch marks along his waist, hips, and generally where his limbs meet his body from the stretching of his skin to and from his human form. Along some of the stretch marks are lengthy scars, the most noticeable out of any on his body, from when his shapeshifting had a complication that resulted in his skin tearing.

Iravan’s typical outfit consists of basic medieval pants that are a somewhat tight fit on him, the lower part completely torn since they were made to fit to the skin of a much smaller person and his foot just wouldn’t fit through, a belt that’s hooked through the very last possible loop, no shoes, and a shirt that’s completely torn because he couldn’t find anything that fit him. Frankly, it couldn’t really be called a shirt anymore, but he likes the way it looks on him even though he’s effectively shirtless, so it stays on.

In leviathan form, he’s about the size of one to two White Tides put end-to-end (which is incredibly small for even a leviathan his age). He tries to avoid going into this form because he has to be off of the ship in order to transform safely and being in the ocean without his crewmates makes him feel lonely.

image-2024-07-16-214237959.png

Personality:

Iravan is a boisterous man. The typical type you mean when you say “boisterous” ─ loud, friendly, the type to laugh loud and unabashedly and smack you on the back hard enough to knock you over as a greeting. There’s no person he’s on bad terms with, at least in his eyes; whether they like him or not, treat him like shit, insult him, Iravan is guaranteed to like the guy and act just the same with them as with the people who actually entertain him. His hand is open to each person he meets to take them on whatever venture he plans on doing next, and if they don’t take it, he’s just as happy as if they did. It’s because he has a love for everything, kind or horrid; he adores the bad things that happen to him, he adores the good things that happen to him, all because they’re things that happen to him. He loves to examine every person who passes by, look closely at their face to see the unique details of their nose, sitting and staring at the floor to see the individual grooves of the wood, looking up at the sky to watch the clouds, the pain of getting a blister and the taste of new food ─ anything that’s new, he loves it simply for it being and simply for the sake of experiencing it. He grins and bears it, talks about it to anyone who asks, tilts his head confused at them when they ask him how this could possibly be entertaining for him. Simply the act of examining is fun for him, and he does it all the time.

His love for the good and the bad mean he has a bit of trouble differentiating the two, leading him to being quite the ditz with understanding social cues. He is a listener, loves talking to people and doesn’t mind being a shoulder for them to lean on, not that he’s a great one considering he may or may not say the most out of pocket thing known to man, or simply say nothing at all. He can’t quite read the room and he tends to just do whatever a person tells him to do without considering the consequences as a result. The good thing about that is that if there’s a task that needs to be done that no one wants to do, he’ll always volunteer ─ the bad thing is that he often runs into horrible situations unprompted simply for the sake of it, for the love of experiencing something new, and almost get his head chopped off right then and there. His lack of concern at experiencing a near-death situation should be concerning.

A lot of things that should be concerning to anyone else isn’t to Iravan ─ majorly because he wasn’t raised amongst humanity, so he hasn’t the greatest idea of human morals. He doesn’t bat an eye at death and injury, even that of his crewmates, will laugh at any joke whether it’s a sweet one or unimaginably mean, doesn’t quite understand the concept of a sad backstory, and will say incredibly mean things, if only unintentionally, due to his insensitivity. He’s kind and friendly by default, but he thinks nothing of being cruel, and doesn’t quite understand why he’d be scolded on the matter. To him, any action is simply an action, and any statement is simply a statement.

A lot of his insensitivity is also due to a sense of detachment, like living in the ocean is his “real” life and this is a fake, temporary one he’s taken on for the sake of experiencing some fun. To him, nothing he does out here is the real world. It’s simply a shiny object that’s caught his attention that he’s tossing around in his hands before he returns to the boring old sea where he’ll return to his boring old life. It’s why he doesn’t differentiate between the good and the bad ─ everything is just something for him to do, part of the shiny object. And Iravan’s certainly got one bad attention span.

He’s due to drop this life and the people he seems to love at any moment. Hopefully, his crew can snap him out of this blind daze.

-ˋˏ- ᵒ𓆝✢ᵒꕀᵒ✢𓆞ᵒ -ˎˊ-

+ The ocean. It’s his home, and it’s quite beautiful from up above. +

+ His crewmates. They’re funny people. +

+ Food. Just generally. +

+ Sharp pain. It’s interesting to experience the way skin blisters and bleeds. Leviathans don’t have skin and their scales are damn tough, so he’s never experienced pain the way humans do. It’s interesting to him. +

+ Adventure, which is what he’s doing right now! Truly, he has everything he could ever possibly want. +

+ His mama and papa. So, maybe not everything. +

Dislikes:

- People disliking the sea. He doesn’t get it. -

- Suffocation. If he’s going to die one way or another, he doesn’t want it to be because of lack of water. He likes water. And air. Air is cool. -

- Blunt force trauma pain. That’s a type of pain he already knows well, and it gives him a headache, which is also a no-no. -

Strengths:

+ He can freely grow larger and more monsterish. +

+ Swimming, naturally. +

+ He has incredible physical strength when in his semi-leviathan human form. +

+ Fast learner when it comes to things he can do that are surface-only. He can do a lot of physical shit most people can’t. +

+ Very nonjudgmental. It makes him a good shoulder to lean on as long as you instruct him to not respond to anything you say to him. +

Weaknesses:

- He cannot freely grow smaller and more humanish. It takes a lot out of him and food is scarce. -

- He needs a lot of food in order to maintain his human form, or else he’ll turn back into a leviathan and destroy everything. -

- Criminally insensitive. Like, it’s really bad. -

- Incredibly reckless. -

- Kind of naive. And gullible. Maybe it’s not a trick if you don’t see it as a trick? -

- Rot. He’s kind of very slowly dying from magic cancer from the inside, so while he’d ordinarily die a lot later, he’ll likely only live to 200-300 years, maybe even less. He isn’t aware of this, though. -

-ˋˏ- ᵒ𓆝✢ᵒꕀᵒ✢𓆞ᵒ -ˎˊ-

Background:

Nothing incredibly interesting. He was a leviathan born to a leviathan mother and primarily human shapeshifting father. Thanks to his partially human origins, which are notoriously tiny, he was born quite small for a leviathan. As such, he was heavily protected by his parents as effectively the ‘runt’ of the family. Iravan didn’t exactly mind it, though he couldn’t help but yearn for more ─ freedom, adventure, some sort of experience. This desire was exponentiated by his experiences with his father, who often brought him onto the land for little expeditions under his careful watch ─ he would be protected by a dragon that roared at their enemies and held little Iravan under his wing when the rain came, carried in an eagle’s talons to see the view below, slept on a large fuzzy bear, so on and so forth. Iravan loved the sense of adventure he got with his father’s protection, only allowed by his mother thanks to his father’s ability to defend him.

The human lifespan is incredibly short, however, so Iravan eventually got the news that his father was found dead. He was naturally upset, and amongst his grief he thought of all the adventures he had with the man and how much fun they had and how he’d never experience anything like that again. With that in mind, he set the determination to experience as much as he could, partially to honor his father and partially to honor himself, before spending the rest of his life happily with his still-living mother.

As such, he bid adieu to his mother, saying he’d be back soon (and considering she’d live to be, what, a thousand years, what’s to say a decade or two isn’t soon?), and rushed off before she could stop him. At some point about 5-6 years in the past he came across a group of pirates advertising their requirement for new members due to An Event, joyously hopped aboard, and began his life of new experiences.

Theme Song(s):

Movin’ Right Along - Alkaline Trio

Dinner Is Not Over - Jack Stauber

party at club bug! - spellcasting

╰──∙∙˚⊹ ࣪ ﹏𓊝﹏𓂁﹏⊹ ࣪ ˖∙──╯

Edited at July 18, 2024 04:11 PM by ThisIsAPackName
Salvation | Pirate RP | OPEN !July 18, 2024 04:09 PM

Salt Shaker

Neutral

Give Award

Gore Buckley

Species
Human
Rumored to be Changeling
Sexuality
Unlabeled
Rank
Master Sailor
On the White Tide, Gore is known for being almost as reclusive as the ship’s cat, while at the same time somehow being one of the bravest and most reliable among them.
On shore, Gore was always rumored to be a Changeling due to his nontypical behavior, and it’s convinced him to avoid stepping ashore at all unless someone on the crew bribes him to.
Motivation
Gore didn’t really have a personal motivation to chase the Orb - until he learned it was in the maw of a sea monster, and then he was interested.
Appearance
credit to me Salt Shaker
Gore is 6’3, broad-shouldered, and well-muscled from a lifetime spent sailing the rough seas. Most of his height can be credited to his long legs, which he likes to use to trip up people when they aren’t paying attention.
Being a pirate, Gore isn’t exactly known for his cleanliness or following any normal fashion trends of the time. That’s not to say he’s filthy - he does genuinely try to be at least a little clean, but it’s hard to commit to the effort when he’s out at sea for most of his time. Gore has crooked but decently white teeth for a pirate and is always chewing on something to try to make his breath smell better. He doesn’t want to be associated with everyone else and their fish breath. He has acne all along his jaw and back, but luckily, he has enough scruffy stubble to conceal it on his face. As for the stuff on his back… he doesn’t care, honestly.
Gore has long hair and long eyelashes. He likes to say he’s adapted like a camel to the sandy beaches they come across with those dense lashes of his. He’s always seen with his red bandana tied around his forehead, trying to keep his hair off his face… and also because he thinks it looks neat. The blond streaks in his hair aren’t natural, but are instead a product of him using natural plant dyes to try to make it look cooler.
Gore loves jewelry and is usually adorned with several bracelets and necklaces at all times. He likes the sparkle of it and the jingling sounds it makes when he does his odd jobs around the ship. As of recently, Gore has started wearing a necklace with the Compass on it. Being the Master Sailor, he wants to keep the navigation tool close to him at all times so he can always keep track of where the Orb has gone.
Personality
Shy | Quiet | Independent | Adventurous | Active | Blunt | Socially Awkward | Courageous | Curious | Ambitious
Gore, for a swash-buckling, adventurous pirate, is oddly quiet and shy. He's warmed up to his crew of course, he's known most of them for years, but he's more like the ship cat rather than a fellow crewmate. He rarely participates in parties past his bedtime. It's incredibly hard to get past the superficial conversations with him. It's easy to earn surface-level trust, but anything deeper is like trying to dig for buried treasure. He'll talk to his crewmates and communicate easily enough with them, but the second someone new gets on the ship, captive or non-captive, he disappears exactly like a cat would. You won't see him for at least four days before he finally starts appearing in public again. His jobs will get done, but you won't see him doing them.
Gore is known for sneaking around and scaring his crewmates unintentionally. He goes to bed early so that way he can bolt upright at midnight and go run around on deck, do all his little jobs, and go fishing without anyone bothering him. Due to his generally dark clothing, he can blend in pretty easily, even despite how tall he is. Maybe it's just the fact that he blends in with the poles because he's built like one, but most shipmates have at least one story of getting jump-scared by him after dark without him even meaning to scare them. Mostly. Sometimes he does do it to scare them... but he'd never admit that.
Ever since he was a teen, he's been a good climber and very agile, so therefore he's usually tasked with the crow's nest job and rigging. He loves being in the crow's nest - anything where he can do his own job is great for Gore. Give him a simple repetitive task where he can be alone with himself and he will be your most loyal worker.
Despite how reserved and shy he is, Gore is truly an adrenaline junkie and, as long as unfamiliar people aren't involved, he is one of the bravest crew members. He's not good with tone so you can't quite tell he's joking when he calls you a pussy for not doing the job he's about to do. Gore is the one they send out to get things done that everyone else is hesitant to do because he will probably find it fun and exciting. Gore will jump straight into terrifying situations without a second thought, usually either straight-faced and unamused or buzzing with glee to finally do something new.
He has a great sense of humor, but you wouldn't know because he's generally too shy to tell his jokes. He may secretly have a vulgar sense of humor typical of a pirate, but despite being surrounded by people who tell those jokes regularly, you still have to hype him up to share one. Many of the crew's inside jokes and overused ones originated from Gore's rare exit from his shell. Usually, he only has a smug smile when he's thinking of something witty but won't share it with the group.
When he does warm up to new people on the ship, he's like your personal interrogator. Unintentionally. He's very curious and the only conversations he knows how to have are ones where he's only asking questions and you're only talking about yourself. Vain prisoners love Gore because he lets them go on and on. Some people think he's trying to extract information, but he's truly not, he simply forgets conversations should be about him too at times (and focus being on him for any amount of time makes him nervous.)
Gore is foul-mouthed even if he's shy. He was raised on a ship after all. Usually uses offensive hand signals to piss people off, but when he's using vulgar language, it's only because that's how he knows to speak.
Gore has a few things that make him very interested and excited, and the two at the top of that list are stars and monsters. He's been obsessed with stars ever since he was a young boy and his father would teach him how to read them. Though he's very bad at reading books and the like, Gore's insanely good at math, and usually uses stars to help him in his calculations. Numbers and equations are what he does for fun sometimes, he likes having a good puzzle to mull over. He's better at solving in his head than he is on paper and he'll need someone to verbally tell him the problem, but he'll find a solution very quickly.
The other interest, monsters, is what he lives for. Gore loves sea monsters. Most of them are of course hostile, but he’s always down to fight them. There’s just so much variety! He loves hauling a beast on board after slaying it so he can study all the features and try to figure out the evolutionary reason for each. He’d prefer live sea monsters for study, but it’s fairly hard to get any tame ones, and besides - he’s an adrenaline junkie. A long, drawn-out fight with some unholy beast is exactly the enrichment he needs.
Gore has an aura that makes him stand out from the crowd, but not in an obvious way. Almost everyone subconsciously picks up on the fact that there’s something fundamentally different about him, but they can’t put their finger on what… and neither can he. This has bothered him since the day he knew other people perceived there was something off about him. He’s always wondered what it is, but he doesn’t usually speak to people enough about it to know that it’s because the way he views the world and processes information is vastly different from the majority. The rumor that Gore is a Changeling has followed him his whole life - it began on his father’s ship, hell, maybe even in the village he spent his first years in, and he finds that whenever he steps foot ashore or on another boat, they all immediately pick up on his subtle differences and the Changeling theory starts up all over again. Obviously this has put him in some dangerous situations before, mainly when he was a child. Now that he’s an adult, the danger has subsided some… but bad company can still put him on edge.
-
Strengths
Bravery
As long as it’s not being forced to speak with someone new, Gore is incredibly brave. It’s actually at a concerning point - he may lack self-preservation instincts entirely. He has no tolerance for stalling in an intense situation, and he’ll dive forward to deal with the issue himself regardless of whether or not the others will.
Physically Strong
Obviously, working on a ship for his whole life has given Gore an ample amount of muscle. Gore doesn’t flaunt this, but it’s usually obvious within a day of meeting him after watching him lift heavy things around the deck all on his own with ease. He’s quietly proud of this strength he’s spent a lifetime building, but not enough to see it as something he ought to brag about.
Navigation
Gore has an incredible sense of direction and navigation skills. Again, this is a skill he’s spent his life honing, and he’s become an expert at it. His interest in stars definitely plays a huge role in this and has helped him to perfect this skill over the years.
Weaknesses
Impulsive
With his bravery comes a tendency to overlook many things that he really ought to pay closer attention to. Gore’s impulsivity drives him headfirst into dangerous situations with no regard for his own safety, and can often cause more chaos if he jumps right in at a bad time. Since he seldom communicates, most of the crew doesn’t know when Gore’s had enough of their inaction and has taken it upon himself to march forward, and they only realize when he’s already in the process of taking off.
Shy
He hates how shy he is, but he’s always been that way. Gore gets overstimulated very easily in loud and overwhelming social situations. New people frighten him to an embarrassing extent. He doesn’t really share anything deep about himself, he is too reserved to open up that much.
Apathetic
If it isn’t obvious already, Gore is fairly apathetic towards many things. He’s a man of few needs, what can he say? He worries this makes him come off as shallow and boring… but he doesn’t know how to make himself care for the things that many people seem to fret over. It all seems so insignificant to him.
Background
Gore has been tossed around from ship to ship for as long as he can remember. He was born in a small village in some older human kingdom, he forgot where, as the only child of his mother and father. He can’t really remember his parents despite usually having a strong memory - his mother’s appearance has faded almost entirely from his mind, and his father is more of a black silhouette than anything. What he can remember is the front of their house, which he believes was a small mill that they lived in the upstairs of… maybe.
His father owned a merchant ship called the Myrtle, and the moment Gore could walk, he was sailing with his dad. His father wanted Gore to follow in his footsteps after all, and thought he should start raising Gore to be a skilled sailor from a young age. He remembers the other crewmembers treating him oddly, commenting on what a strange boy he was, almost like he wasn’t human at all… his father didn’t like this and became a bit more aggressive in his attempts to make Gore more “normal” and “talkative, like a boy his age should be,” but this only drove Gore further inside his shell. And also instilled him with that deep sense of Otherness, like he didn’t belong, like he was subhuman in some way that he didn’t understand.
When he was around 12, the Myrtle was attacked by a crew of pirates, though he can’t remember what they were called. No one told him the name that often, and he’s pretty sure it was something overly specific that he wouldn’t care to retain. He thinks his father went down with the Myrtle. Gore himself was taken aboard and used as the ship’s powder monkey, a miserable job that left him scared out of his mind. This crew ignored and neglected Gore often, which made Gore used to not being all that talkative and find more entertainment in his alone time than anything. He found he preferred it - when he was alone, no one was there to accuse him of being subhuman or not human at all. He was free in those small moments between fights when he could be fully invisible and completely disregarded. He became so used to not speaking that he forgot he had a voice for months at a time.
When he was around 15, the White Tide's crew attacked his original ship, and he was found hiding in a barrel after the fight. Since Gore was a young boy and the White Tide had at least some sense of mercy, he was taken on board with the victors. His new job was much less intense, and he was used as a simple ship's mate. Since then Gore has found he's a better sailor than a fighter. He's good with a sword, of course, but he highly prefers running around messing with the ship rigging and other small tasks. If they ever come across a fight where the ship needs to be maneuvered, they usually shove Gore at the steering or near the flags. Not so they can flee - if you want to flee, you keep Gore far away from those things, because he'll force you to stay and fight it out since that's what Gore would do. But he knows good angles to attack from and how to make sure the ship won't get hit and the other crew will. That's been his job his whole life... besides being the bait they send out if they're more reluctant to step foot in a dangerous place than he is.
Trivia
-Gore is autistic, but because this is based on the golden age of piracy, they don’t have a word for it at this point in time. Instead, they have the Changeling superstition. This has obviously been very bad for Gore at numerous points in his life and is still a negative spot to this day. Whether or not your character believes in this rumor is up to you, but I will confirm that Gore isn’t a Changeling. He’s just got autism and that official diagnosis doesn’t exist yet.
-Gore was never properly taught how to read or write. He has a similar literacy level to an 8-year-old in today’s modern world, and when he reads aloud, he does so very robotically. The only things he can write without numerous mistakes are his full name and one joke about the captain having Homosexual Tendencies (he was taught by a doctor they had on the ship years ago). That being said, he’s still very good at navigation and math - it’s just the actual coherent sentence writing part where he falls apart. Most of his writing is just hastily scrawled two-word notes because of this.
-
WIP!!
Zaleria Trisyra
Species
Elf
Sexuality
Unlabeled
Rank
Navy Captain of The Solana
Zaleria is known for her dedication to Perlicula and her aggressive pursuit of every goal. Though many Navy Captains are born into the role and aren't as strong as they boast, Zaleria genuinely is a force to be reckoned with. That is why they deployed her to chase down White Tide after all.
Admired by the citizens of Perlicula, and dreaded by pirates and invading ships alike, it's always a miserable day when you notice the Solana starting to linger behind your ship.
Motivation
Take back what belongs to her and her people, of course.
And be rid of those nasty pirates.
Appearance
Zaleria isn’t a beauty by any means.
For starters, the elf is as pale as the overcast sky, lacking almost all complexion. Her hair is a glittering silver color that hangs past her knees, though she usually has it tied back in a braid. Her skin is chalky and cold, the parts of it that haven’t been mutilated that is, and her eyes are a frigid, dead black color. Not even her sclera is visible at this point… the effects of magic radiation, most likely. Her eyes are framed by long pale lashes that are almost blue in tint, her face almost deathly gaunt. You wouldn’t be blamed for believing Zaleria to be an apparition made purely of mist at first… they’re not very lively in appearances.
All over her body is scarring. At her shoulders and neck, it appears to be lighting strikes, jagged marks raking across her skin in unpredictable patterns. They trail down to her collarbone and follow her arteries towards her heart, which still beats defiantly despite everything it’s been put through. These lightning strikes then travel up to her face and down her lower arms, where they gradually take on the appearance of burn scars. Her lips have been half eaten away by these scars, leaving her canines exposed on her right side, but otherwise, she has enough of them left to conceal her other teeth… mostly.
Despite the painful-looking scars, Zaleria still manages to be nimble, quick, and strong. They have to be if they are to be the captain of the Solana. Her body is ambiguous in appearance, with broad shoulders but a more narrow waist, leaner legs than what would be expected of a man, but stronger arms than what would be expected of a woman. Their facial features, or what remains of them, are also an odd mix of “feminine” and “masculine” traits. Their nose is upturned, their brows are thick, and their jawline is sharp. Their lips were plump, once, before the invisible fire burnt them away.
Zaleria isn’t a case of beauty tragically lost, mind you. They appeared fairly average for an elf… which according to humans, is gorgeous, but according to elves, is whatever. In fact, Zaleria likes this new appearance. It shows strength. It shows tenacity. It intimidates foes and shows that Perlicula isn’t to be trifled with.
Personality
Patient | Intimidating | Tenacious | Vain | Close-Minded | Deceptive
Zaleria isn’t an impulsive or outwardly angry captain, even despite their appearance. If they do resort to barking at crew members, they have it coming - Zaleria has no room for subpar performance on their ship and they expect their crew to know that and act accordingly. This isn’t a sailing circus!
Though the task at hand is incredibly tense and everyone is feeling the pressure, Zaleria does a splendid job of keeping it under control. They’re a seasoned naval captain, after all. They abide by the rule that courage is being the only one who knows they’re afraid or unsure of something, and they’ve had almost a century to perfect their ability to act.
Keenly aware of their reputation, Zaleria often uses their intimidating presence to try to shift things in their favor. They seldom need to raise their voice or resort to threats - merely stepping aboard an enemy ship with a disapproving glower and their hands folded neatly at their back should be enough, especially with their straight posture, glittering armor, and the signs of obscenely powerful magic marring their porcelain skin.
Though they are patient, they never know when to give up. She will chase a goal for decades and never, never willingly raise a white flag or call off the hunt. This is why the royal family favors her, after all. She always trots back with their trophy eventually, and she never disappoints.
Like many elves in esteemed positions, she’s prone to vanity. Especially when she has such an admirable reputation that she earned through genuine work. Zaleria will look down her nose at almost everyone, even her own crew, though she keeps her petty thoughts to herself… the second most important job of a captain is to keep morale intact, after all.
Having spent almost a century directing the same ship, Zaleria has had an ample amount of time to become set in her beliefs and turn rigid. It’s hard to sway her opinion now. Her most important value is her loyalty to Perlicula, and she possesses the belief that anything outside of her kingdom, anything not pure and elven, is lower than her. Much lower. She and her kingdom are the priority over anything else. Really, she’s a glorified weapon of Perlicula, because she’s so devoted to the royal family that she will do anything to sate them at the end of the day.
Zaleria can be incredibly deceiving. She’s been known to come aboard enemy ships and take captives and treat them with hospitality. She has a kind smile even despite her mutilated features. She speaks softly and comfortingly pats the shoulder of a captive she’s taken, telling them a new, better life is guaranteed for them now, they’re safe now. She usually uses this act with the young children she finds on ships who were either there voluntarily or were there because they had nowhere else to go. Of course, it’s all a lie - she’ll either sell the whole crew at the first port, imprison them at the first fort, or feed them to the first beast they come across. Depends on how much they secretly frustrated her during the pursuit.
White Tide is definitely getting fed to a beast with serrated teeth.
Strengths
Weaknesses
Background

Edited at July 18, 2024 10:22 PM by Salt Shaker

Forums > Roleplay > Sign-Ups
   1    2    3    4 

Refresh

Copyright ©2013-2024 Go Go Gatsby Designs, LLC    All Rights Reserved
Terms Of Use  |   Privacy Policy   |   DMCA   |   Contact Us