Wolf Play : Is this art good or bad
Chatbox
 Forest Dwelling
09:42:20 Wolflocke Challenge
@Bug

Sorry for the slow response but good luck if you do decide to start Wolflocke! It's much harder than I thought it would be, but that's probably because I made a fatal mistake on day 4-
 BuggyOs
09:40:48 Bug-a-boo
katy
it is to me!
 distant-screams
09:40:29 katy | beetle
 BuggyOs
09:35:31 Bug-a-boo
Katy
very nice! little fox :)
 distant-screams
09:34:04 katy | beetle
-Click-
thoughts?
 BuggyOs
09:33:58 Bug-a-boo
hey dark!
 Dark pack
09:33:26 
hii chat
 Salem
09:32:45 Rumi
Summoning all greek mythology nerds<3
-WP Click-
 Kingwolf
09:32:27 King
Teen wolf rp anyone? Pm me, please be able to play female (Theo x Malia)
 BuggyOs
09:32:14 Bug-a-boo
Forest
I play a lot of pokemon (not entirely sure if its bad to talk about here?) and do nuzlocks there sometimes. It would be interesting to do that here on this game, I might do so in the future if I decide to restart my pack for the billionth time
 Existence
09:31:56 Exist / Kuskyn
Get rid of one fae based pup only to get another in the next litter o-o
 Windcrest
09:31:47 Wind, Lavender
Katy

Oh yep, I noticed that the October event is going on with explore encounters and enemies -- it's just the weather is new to me XD
 distant-screams
09:31:04 katy | beetle
Wind,
oh there are enemies and such for the event if that's what you meant
 Windcrest
09:30:55 Wind, Lavender
Katy

Aw, that's a little bit of a bummer. It does make the images look cooler though haha
 Forest Dwelling
09:30:26 Wolflocke Challenge
@Bug

Not so fun once you realize taking any one of your wolves in explore means they could potentially die to anything if they aren't well trained enough lol
 distant-screams
09:30:24 katy | beetle
Wind,
i don't believe so, beyond the burning images for explore.
 Windcrest
09:29:13 Wind, Lavender
Katy

That's really cool! Does it actually affect explore though?
 distant-screams
09:27:50 katy | beetle
Wind,
it's for the halloween event ^^
 BuggyOs
09:27:42 Bug-a-boo
Forest
Your challenge actually seems so cool. I've done challenges like it in other games before and it's so fun
 Windcrest
09:27:26 Wind, Lavender
What's up with the brimstone weather? I've never seen this before but it doesn't seem to be aided by vitals either T_T

Refresh

You must be a registered member for more
than 1 day before you can use our chatbox.
Quests
Alliance Battles
Challenges

Hourly Damage Variances
Black Panther : +1
Green Python : -4
Rattlesnake : -5
    Fall   Night  Weather:  Brimstone  Moon: 

Forums

→ Wolf Play is a fun game! Sign Up Now!

My Subscriptions
My Bookmarks
My Topics
Latest Topics
Following
Forums > Socialize > Polls

Is this art good or badJune 11, 2024 03:21 PM

DojejeTheWolf

Lightbringer

Give Award
It's supposed to be an arctic fox
Credit: 233415

Poll Question: Is this art good or bad?
Total Votes: 18
Good : 317%
Unsure : 1267%
Bad : 317%

You have cast your vote.
Edited at June 11, 2024 06:40 PM by DojejeTheWolf
Is this art good or badJune 11, 2024 06:40 PM

DojejeTheWolf

Lightbringer

Give Award
Also, how do I make it look more like an arctic fox?
Is this art good or badJune 11, 2024 06:43 PM

Zeraphia

Lightbringer

Give Award
I think it's not bad, it's definitely a good piece for practice! I think what will definitely help is focusing on anatomy and maybe line/fur detail! Trying to see how to improve anatomy (faces and muzzles are still hard for me) and use references is a great way to improve! It's a good practice piece!
Is this art good or badJune 11, 2024 06:47 PM

The ShadowSeekers

Darkseeker

Give Award
You could make it have more of a mane and just more fur altogether (like more shaggy I guess).
Is this art good or badJune 11, 2024 07:00 PM

Wolves of Kirsuk

Lightbringer

Give Award
Definitely agree with looking at references! A few things I gathered from glancing at a couple references of real arctic foxes really quick:
m
-they have that distinct longish fox nose. Maybe some lines indicating a muzzle?
m
-the ears are fairly short and rounded. They don't come past even the fluff of the head in some cases!
m
-their legs are far thinner and less fuzzy than the body.
m
-the eyes are angled inwards and fairly small. This may not be necessary with your style, but could help. Also not noticing much eyebrows on pure white ones; I don't know if you're planning to have this character be white or with other colors.

Edited at June 11, 2024 07:01 PM by Wolves of Kirsuk
Is this art good or badJune 12, 2024 11:01 AM

Cyberkittens

Lightbringer

Give Award

this is a super cute piece! i think it is wonderful the way it is. but if you're looking for a more fursona/fox look rather than cartoon-y, i recommend looking at other peoples anthro art to see how they do it. your style looking cartoony is not a bad thing and is simply your style of drawing right now!

some main things i think you could work on IF you're wanting to change your style to be more accurate instead of cartoon:

The face, paws, and fur defail is a big reason why this looks so cartoony. cartoony is not a bad thing i want to reiterate!! the eyes are very circular/ vertically oval which is a BIG theme for cartoon styles. Try a more almond/round shape- look at real artic foxes. Their eyes are much smaller as well.

There is also not much depth to the face- this can easily be fixed by redrawing the head shape to be pointed at the bottom/chin slightly, then draw out the muzzle lines- LESS IS MORE when it comes to detail lines. The mouth can be detailed more into the muzzle to show more of a maw as well.

The best anthro/feral artist hardly have any lines to indicate fur as well believe it or not. Just a few lines of fur to indicate the highpoints/change of fur direction. For example, you would want fur tufts on their elbows

PAWS are one of the best things you can detail. I highly recommend looking into furry hand/feet anatomy, as adding detail to these will boost your art significantly.

I want to reiterate once again there is nothing wrong with your style- i love it and it is wonderfully cute! This is simply just me expressing how you could stray away from the cartoon style into a more anthro style if you wish to do so :) I love this arctic fox overall!! <3

Edited at June 12, 2024 11:02 AM by Cyberkittens

Forums > Socialize > Polls

Refresh

Copyright ©2013-2024 Go Go Gatsby Designs, LLC    All Rights Reserved
Terms Of Use  |   Privacy Policy   |   DMCA   |   Contact Us