Wolf Play : See the Other Side | TIAPN x Overthink101
Chatbox
 distant-lands
12:03:38 katy | beetle
-WP Click-
damn, she's really holding these pups hostage.
 The NightClan
12:03:29 Wolfy, Night
I want to pvp, but my wolves arenÂ’t the bestÂ…
 Crooked Magic
12:00:06 Crook, She/her
pvp anyone?
 Goddess Juno
11:58:44 Juno (he/they)
no problem! and i believe that your wolf will give birth to 1-3 puppies
 Packstead
11:57:56 
thanks!
 Goddess Juno
11:57:52 Juno (he/they)
packstead
pregnancy is 70-90ish hours and labor is 2-5
 Black River
11:57:20 Lady Lynn
Packstead - around 4 days!
 Packstead
11:56:46 
Hi iÂ’m new to the game, can anyone tell me how long it takes for puppies to be born?
 distant-lands
11:45:00 katy | beetle
marsh,
tehe, okay c:

have a good night!
 Caeruleum
11:44:15 Cae, Blue
aaand suddenly remembered i have not eaten i too long. gonna go grab a bite, see you in a bit <3
 Caeruleum
11:43:36 Cae, Blue
nahhh, i go autopilot and heal heal heal heal and after the battle i remember i do have, in fact, 3 other teams 🧍‍♀️
 starmutt
11:42:57 marsh | they/it
tehe i'll dm you later after i wake up lol
i love species trading so much
 distant-lands
11:42:10 katy | beetle
marsh,
omg yes i would love to
 kycantina
11:41:48 ky
Blue, Not gonna lie the only reason I have so many is because I hate when I still have leftover moves and no viable wolves after fighting sun bears haha
 Caeruleum
11:41:01 Cae, Blue
oh my God that is so felt please-
 starmutt
11:40:17 marsh | they/it
@katy
would you ever like to trade plant cat for honse dog 👉👈
/not forced
 Caeruleum
11:39:54 Cae, Blue
*hate the change* >:(
 Caeruleum
11:39:45 Cae, Blue
forest 2-5 will forever be so dearly missed 😭😭😭 dont hate yourself for the habits we made while enjoying the prosperity
 kycantina
11:38:11 ky
and also that's on being an underemployed new grad with too much free time haha
 kycantina
11:37:27 ky
Blue, lmao I miss the old forest level 5 every day. 12 full DGs (4 are on death's door) and 4 trainees, going on 5. I kinda hate myself lol.

Refresh

You must be a registered member for more
than 1 day before you can use our chatbox.
Quests
Alliance Battles
Challenges

Hourly Damage Variances
Bobcat : -1
Jaguar : +1
Rattlesnake : +3
    Winter   Day  Weather:  Heavy Snow

Forums

→ Wolf Play is a fun game! Sign Up Now!

My Subscriptions
My Bookmarks
My Topics
Latest Topics
Following
Forums > Roleplay > 1x1

See the Other Side | TIAPN x Overthink101December 24, 2022 05:04 PM

Overthink101

Neutral

Give Award

Do not post unless your name is in the title, but feel free to read along!

Vague/Cryptic Plot

There are two sides to every story, and in this world- Two sides of every person. On the surface, the sides always seem like opposites. But if there is one thing that can be learned from stories, it’s that nothing is ever as it at first seems.

--

So, as this story begins, it begins the same way as many stories do. With future heroes from all around coming to the same place, the place that would eventually be known as the birthplace of them. The villains? Not in existence. Yet. Unknown or not made. But they’re somehow always watching.

--

These stories are always long and gruesome, bordering on boring. But that’s not what is to happen this time. This time, the story will be simple and short. One that holds attention but allows for growth at the same time. At least, that’s how I hope it’ll go. But, of course, playing with the stories and lives of others is never an exact science for me. Unlike my other side, my other half. But it’s my turn, and perhaps the ones we both had sent away before will be ready to come back to a world they don’t remember.

--

Most likely not, but it’s nothing that I can’t fix. After all, being the side of the coin that I am, writing and fixing are two of my specialties. Either way, they will surely be in for a surprise when they meet their other side. I once remember asking why they hadn’t gone with them, my other half had explained that it would make things much harder for them in the realm of only one body. I am sure that they were correct.

--

Well! It’s time to call them in. I simply hope that they can look past their surface differences and work together with their other sides. It is such a difficult task for some, and while emotions aren’t too hard to meddle in… Both group’s willingness to cooperate and see the similarities within, is a bit harder for me.

See the Other Side | TIAPN x Overthink101December 24, 2022 05:04 PM

Overthink101

Neutral

Give Award

Masterlist

((Name | Age | Species | Gender | Poly/Mono/Ambi | Sexuality | Pair | Pack Name))

Hot (1/1)

Sulien 'Ian' Haul Conleth | 23 | Human to M/G Tiefling | AMAB Solarian | Ambi/Poly | Pansexual | H&C | Overthink101(me).

Cold (1/1)

Anton Borisovich Afanov | 22 | Phantom | Male | Mono | Homosexual | H&C | TIAPN.

Sweet (1/1)

Qingyi ‘Dulcie’ Shi | 28 | Human to Angel | Female | Ambi | Pansexual | S&S | TIAPN.

Sour (1/1)

Vigge Myskia Sverkir | 25 | Fey’ri | Male | Ambi | Demisexual | S&S | Overthink101(me).

Serious (1/1)

Amaia ‘Amy’ Hesti Peligros | 28 | Pallid Elf | Female | Ambi | Homosexual | S&T | Overthink101(me).

Trickster (1/1)

Ai Fujisawa | 25 | Human to Huli Jing | Female | Ambi | Demisexual | S&T | TIAPN.

Brawn (1/1)

Aster Reese Kristansen | 27 | Forest Spirit | Male | Mono | Bisexual | B&B | TIAPN.

Brain (1/1)

Rhett Frowin Sherwood | 28 | Human to Forest Spirit | Male | Ambi | Apresexual | B&B | Overthink101(me).

Character Sheet

** means Optional.

Pair:

Related to Pair?:

Species:

New Species(Sent Only):

Sent or Stayed?:

Magic:

/~/

Full Name:

**Name Meaning:

**Nickname(s):

/~/

Sexuality:

Poly/Ambi/Mono:

/~/

**Birthdate:

**Zodiac:

**How Old Do They Appear:

/~/

Appearance:

**Voice:

**Attire:

**Jewelry/Accessories:

/~/

Personality:

**Dislikes:

**Loves:

**Hates:

**Fears:

/~/

**Hobbies:

Strengths:

Weaknesses:

**Posture:

**Mannerisms:

**Peculiarities:

/~/

Physical Health:

Mental Health:

**Immune System:

**Allergies:

**Addictions:

/~/

Affiliations:

**Lover(s):

**Crush(es):

**Ex(es):

**Significant Other(s):

/~/

**Trivia:

**Themesong(s):

Edited at August 10, 2023 11:20 AM by Overthink101
See the Other Side | TIAPN x Overthink101December 24, 2022 07:49 PM

Overthink101

Neutral

Give Award

|~| Ian |~|

Pair: Hotheaded.

Related to Pair?: No.

Species: Human.

New Species: Mephistopheles-Glasya Tiefling.

Sent or Stayed?: Sent.

Magic: Darkvision, resistance to fire/higher temperatures, and manipulation of pre-existing flames. For now.

Alignment: Chaotic Good.

/~/

Full Name: Sulien Haul Conleth.

Name Meaning:

Sulien; Born from the sun.

Haul; Sun.

Conleth; Constant fire.

Nickname(s): Ian, whatever else you can think of.

/~/

Sexuality: Raging Pansexual.

Poly/Ambi/Mono: Ambi, leans more towards Poly.

/~/

Birthdate: April 23rd.

Zodiac: Aries-Taurus Cusp. Taurus if not counting Cusps.

How Old Do They Appear: As a human? Late Teens to Mid 20s, kinda subjective. As a tiefling? Early to Mid 20s.

/~/

Appearance:

(Credit to [email protected])

Sulien stands rather tall at 6’ 1”, though they sometimes seem 6’ 2” or 6’ 3” due to how confident their stride is. Their skin tone is a fair, beige color with warm blue undertones. Or a purple undertone residing under the blue undertone. They have some freckles dusting their cheeks and shoulders, though other than those they practically have none despite how often they’re out in the sun.

--

Ian has a square face shape with a sharp, strong jawline that’s free of a stubble or beard. Now for the nose, they have a larger nose that has a concave shaped bridge and an ever-so-slightly raised base. As for lips, he’s got sharp thin lips that are almost always set into a somewhat arrogant smirk.

--

Their eyebrows are a bit thicker than average, with a rather obvious arch too. Finally, their eyes are a protruding upturned almond shape. The color? Shades of brown that mix and blend together to give off a golden amber. Their face is framed by thick, voluminous soot black hair that’s usually a total mess. It goes down to the nape of their neck in the back, with the bangs swept to the side and covering their right eye a bit, though they still manage to see out of it. The bangs are dyed a dark blue, like one of the hottest possible flames.

--

Their body structure could quickly be described as an inverted triangle, with broad shoulders and smaller waist. Everything about their structure screams that they’re more so built for lean, toned muscle than any giant muscle mass. They weigh in at 175, with their BMI at a perfectly healthy 23.09. They also have a birthmark of a snowflake, which honestly is really cool to them, at their left ankle on their achilles tendon.

--

For scars… Sulien has a few. Their arms have some from various accidents as a kid, and their hands have plenty due to hard work. The most obvious ones, however, are at their face. One that goes right across the bridge of their nose, with another that intersects it. That one starts at the middle of their cheekbone and goes all the way up to above their eyebrow.

New Species Appearance:

Sulien stands rather tall at 6’3”, though they sometimes seem 6’ 4” or 6’ 5” due to how confident their stride is. Their skin tone is a red color, leathery and thick. They have some freckles dusting their cheeks and shoulders, though other than those they practically have none despite how often they’re out in the sun. Now though, coming out from high on their forehead, are horns of an addax antelope that are a whole foot tall, which can cause him to seem 7’3”-7’5”.

--

Ian has a square face shape with a sharp, strong jawline that’s free of a stubble or beard. Now for the nose, they have a larger nose that has a concave shaped bridge and an ever-so-slightly raised base. As for lips, he’s got sharp thin lips that are almost always set into a somewhat arrogant smirk. Their teeth are slightly pointed and canines much sharper. Their ears are extremely long and pointed, not to mention how expressive they can be.

--

Their eyebrows are a bit thicker than average, with a rather obvious arch too. Finally, their eyes are a protruding upturned almond shape. The color? Well, the sclera is now a golden color with red slitted irises, and they have no pupils in sight. Their face is framed by thick, voluminous soot black hair that’s usually a total mess. It goes down to the nape of their neck in the back, with the bangs swept to the side and covering their right eye a bit, though they still manage to see out of it. The bangs are still dyed a dark blue, like one of the hottest possible flames, though now growing behind it the hair there is obviously a purple color, an even hotter flame.

--

Their body structure could quickly be described as an inverted triangle, with broad shoulders and smaller waist. Everything about their structure screams that they’re more so built for lean, toned muscle than any giant muscle mass. They weigh in at 184 lbs now due to their new features, with their BMI at a perfectly healthy 23.00. Their once birthmark of a snowflake at their left ankle on their achilles tendon, is now an icy blue color and looks more like a tattoo, which is honestly awesome. Along with the horns, Sulien also now has a long red forked tail. Not to mention the fingernails, which are now black sharp claws.

--

For scars… Sulien has a few. Their arms have some from various accidents as a kid, and their hands have plenty due to hard work. The most obvious ones, however, are at their face. One that goes right across the bridge of their nose, with another that intersects it. That one starts at the middle of their cheekbone and goes all the way up to above their eyebrow.

Voice: Sulien’s voice is smooth, deep, and lower in pitch. A perfect bass-baritone voice type, and with how smooth and silky it is? Most have described it as near hypnotic. It cuts through the air and demands attention, stealing the spotlight and swaying decisions by its mere sound.

Attire: Sulien’s fashion sense is a lot more punk than anything else. With either graphic, band, or solid colored shirts with a black leather jacket paired with black jeans or black cargo pants, it’s obvious enough that he isn’t exactly preppy in style. As for shoes, it’s usually some sort of slip-resistant work boots, usually black but adorned with red and orange laces.

Jewelry/Accessories: When it comes to jewelry, Ian loves it. He has a lobe piercing on both ears, and a helix one too. His earrings are always either silver and simple, or fun and punkish, or silver and intricate. Sometimes punkish and silver, if he’s feeling it. He also owns a gold necklace that has a sunstone pendant, he’s been told he had it since before his parents adopted him and they have no idea whether or not it’s real.

/~/

Personality:

Sulien is not someone to fake who he is. Why should he? He’s just about the best person to ever exist. Obviously. He doesn’t slow down or stop just because someone wants him to. That would be a terrible idea! He moves at his own pace, which is fast, steady, and non-stop. He doesn’t ever let anything stop him, including loss or death or illness or pain. Instead, he uses those things to push him further, regardless of his feelings on the matter. What’s the point of letting anger or sadness get in the way of his goals and dreams and passions?

--

That isn’t to say he’s stoic. Because he most certainly isn’t, he’s very emotional, very expressive, very temperamental, and very explosive. If he’s happy, you’ll know it. If he’s sad, you’ll know it. And if he’s angry? You’ll definitely know it. He just doesn’t let these emotions stop him. He’ll use them to push back harder than he had been before. You say he can’t do something and insult him? He’ll explode and do it by himself, without any help, because yes, he can. He can do whatever the fuck he wants and how dare you assume otherwise.

--

Just like the sun, he provides light in times of dark and gloom, he allows others to shine by his light. He loves to help people, loves to carry burdens and problems for others, and protect others in any possible way- He just loves to be there for people. But also like the sun, he tends to burn anything or anyone that gets too close. Lashing out is common during anger or other negative emotions that he’s surprisingly ill-equipped to deal with. He pushes them aside or explodes, there’s never any inbetween.

--

Desire is also very big to him, he fights for what he wants, he fights for what others want. Why shouldn’t everyone be happy? Everyone has that right, and he’ll fight anyone on that. This being said, he’s definitely had quite a few fun nights in the past. He doesn’t limit himself, he doesn’t hold back, everything that he does; he does with passion.

--

Unfortunately, this also means he’s used to getting into quite a lot of trouble. With the law, other people, or just in general. It’s almost like he seeks it out, and sometimes he does. Other times, he’s seeking out ways to show problems with the world and how it’s run. He speaks out against everything he doesn’t agree with, with the same passion he exerts to everything else. And given that he used to be part of debate back in school, he’s rather good at it too. He’s a lot more perceptive than you’d think he’d be.

--

Not to even mention how charming and silver tongued he can be when he tries. He doesn’t normally try to hurt people’s feelings but he certainly can by simple words if he tried. Which tends to happen when he’s angry and lashing out. He can knock someone down just as easily and quickly as he can build them up. He prefers to build them up, but sometimes knocking someone down just happens.

Likes: Jewelry, Fire, Fashion, Farming/Gardening, Exercise, People, Hot People, Parties, Socializing, Flirting, Nature, Winning, Debates, Sparring, Music, Summer, Dancing, Exploring, Power, Singing, Hunting, Cooking/Baking, Stars, and Alcohol.

Dislikes: Swimming, Water, Losing, Being Ignored/Abandoned, Silence, Bitter Food, Animal Cruelty, Inactivity, Boredom, Cowards, Negativity, Pessimists, Terrible Food, Terrible Fashion, Isolation, Fall, Death, And Communication Problems(“Just talk people! It’s not that hard.”).

Hates: Inequality, Transphobes, Homophobes, Racists, Sexists- You know, anyone that mistreats other people just because they’re different.

Fears: Being Abandoned/Left Behind. Simple as that. The idea is terrifying to him.

/~/

Hobbies: Gardening, Drinking, Singing, Dancing, Debating, Flirting, Exercising, and Parkour. (Arson? Perhaps, perhaps. Shhhhh.)

Strengths: Fighting(Sickles+Hand to Hand), Silver Tongue, Flirting, Optimistic, Physical Strength, Energy, People-Person, Courage, Singing, Vigilant, Independent, and Open-Minded.

Weaknesses: Argumentative, Impatient, Temperamental, Overprotective, Reckless, Lustful, Obsessive, Arrogant, Seasonal Depression, Insomniac, and Aggressive.

Posture: His posture is proud, giving off an air of confidence and power, regardless of how much he actually holds. He moves the air with the way he walks, and no activity truly begins until he arrives on the scene. He’s practically the sun with how much of the spotlight he basks in.

/~/

Physical Health: They are in peak condition. Well other than them being partially blind in their left eye.

Mental Health: Severe Insomnia, and C-PTSD. Nothing else diagnosed.

Immune System: He’s got a grand immune system. He basically never gets sick at all, it’s awesome!

Allergies: The only things that he’s allergic to is boredom and silence. Okay, but seriously? Please, do not give this punk anything with dairy in it.

/~/

Affiliations: TBD.

Lover(s): Open.

Crush(es): Open.

Ex(es): Plenty of old flings.

Significant Other(s): Open.

/~/

Trivia: Sulien is ambidextrous, with a preference towards his left-hand.

Themesong(s):

Play with Fire by Sam Tinnesz ft Yacht Money.

Crazy = Genius by Panic! At The Disco.

Don’t Threaten Me with A Good Time by Panic! At The Disco.

Nicotine by Panic! At The Disco.

Say Amen (Saturday Night) by Panic! At The Disco.

Hurricane by Panic! At The Disco.

Confident by Demi Lovato.

NO by Meghan Trainer.

I Like It Loud by Cash Cash.

Thunder by Imagine Dragons.

Come Along by Cosmo Sheldrake.

King of the Clouds by Panic! At The Disco.

Dancing With The Devil by Set It Off.

Choke by I DONT KNOW HOW BUT THEY FOUND ME.

Anti-Gravity by RUNAGROUND.

Immortals by Fall Out Boy.

Centuries by Fall Out Boy.

Royalty by Conor Maynard.

The Cult of Dionysus by The Orion Experience.

Notorious by Adelitas Way.

Born For Greatness by Papa Roach.

Bang! by AJR.

I’m Not Famous by AJR.

Push by Thousand Foot Krutch.

Let’s Kill Tonight by Panic! At The Disco.

Courtesy Call by Thousand Foot Krutch.

Born For This by The Score.

Dynamite by Taio Cruz.

Birthday Suit by Cosmo Sheldrake.

Mulberry Street by Twenty One Pilots.

Adrenaline by Shinedown.

Stomp Me Out by Bryce Fox.

Suicidal Thoughts by Josh A ft iamjakehill.

Reaper Man by Mother Mother.

Renegades by X Ambassadors.

Mama’s Broken Heart by Miranda Lambert.

American Idiot by Green Day.

Welcome to Paradise by Green Day.

Get Jinxed by League of Legends & Djerv.

Nothing Ever Changes by Nico Collins.

Angry Too by Lola Blanc.

JOLT by Unlike Pluto.

I’ll Sleep When I’m Dead by Set It Off.

parents by YUNGBLUD.

|~| Vigge |~|

Pair: Sour.

Species: Fey’ri.

Sent or Stayed?: Stayed.

Magic: Darkvision, minor cloak abilities(only in that he’s able to hide his demonic features), and protection against minor mind magic(like telepathy). And, well, does being semi-nocturnal count? For now, this is all.

Alignment: Chaotic Neutral.

/~/

Full Name: Vigge Myskia Sverkir.

Name Meaning:

Vigge; “War, battle, lightning.”

Myskia; “Bat.”

Sverkir; “Black spear.”

Nickname(s): Whatever you can come up with. Although I’d advised against it, if you don’t want to be given a death glare and insulted.

/~/

Sexuality: Demisexual.

Poly/Ambi/Mono: Ambi.

/~/

Birthdate: November 21st.

Zodiac: Scorpio-Sagittarius Cusp. Scorpio if not counting Cusps.

How Old Do They Appear: He can come off as early 20s all the way up to early 30s depending on what he’s wearing and what expression he has on his face.

/~/

Appearance:

Vigge stands about average for his kind at 7’ 5”, though he sometimes seems 7’ 2” or 7’ 3” due to how much he slouches. Then again, his horns do give him those inches back. His skin tone is a stark white, with cool icy blue undertones that make it seem almost like a blue color. He has practically no freckles whatsoever.

--

Vigge has a diamond face shape with defined jaw and cheeks. Now for the nose, he has a straight nose that upturns ever-so-slightly by the time it reaches the tip of it. As for lips, he’s got downturned thin lips that tend to be chipped and cracked in a slight frown.

--

His eyebrows are a bit thinner than average, with a slight arch. Finally, his eyes are a deepset hooded round shape. The color? They’re a bright toxic green color, almost seeming to glow like the toxic waste they’re the color of. The sclera of his eyes are black. His face is framed by slightly wavy black hair that’s usually in his eyes or blocking them outright. It goes down to the middle of his back when down, though he normally has it done in a small braid.

--

His body structure could quickly be described as more of a rectangular shape, with his shoulders being about the same size as his waist. Everything about his structure screams that he’s more so built for agility and lean muscle than any giant, hulking muscle. He weighs in at 220 lbs, with his BMI at a perfectly healthy 19.53, though it definitely is on the slimmer side. And frankly, he would be closer to 210(with a still healthy BMI at 18.64) without the features I haven’t yet mentioned.

--

His wings and horns. As a Fey’ri, he’s what others would also call a Demon Elf. As such, he does have demonic features. Being a Winged Fey’ri in specific means he has wings along with having horns such as one would expect. His horns are a toxic green color, similar to his eyes, and are the horns of a hausa sheep. Meanwhile his wings are similar to that of a bat's wings and are black in color with a sharp claw at the end of them just like on the wings of a bat.

--

For scars… Vigge has a few. One that goes straight across his neck, one at right cheek, another at his right eyebrow, and one at his left ear causing it to seem chipped. Along with these, he also has some along his hands, fingers, and arms. His right hand is actually covered by a burn scar, with a few smaller nicks along his fingers from doing things as a kid. His left hand is also covered with little nicks and chips from physical activity and work. His arms are also lined with a few scars, either from accidents or lapses in judgment.

--

When it comes to his birthmark… He actually wasn’t able to see it for a long time, due to his large burn scar. Now though, since it’s turned back into its original tattoo and has color again(and is magic)… On the back of his right hand is a pastel pink candy tattoo. Something he absolutely and immediately hates.

Voice: He has a very deep, very gruff and hoarse voice. Calling it a bass voice would certainly be accurate. It’s low, grinding on consonants and vowels alike. It’s also very monotonous, and doesn’t normally have many inflections.

Attire: He tends to dress rather casually. He tends to wear cargo pants with chains attached. Along with a dark sweater under a hoodie or sweatshirt of some kind. Usually a dark color, and most often with some type of symbol on it. Such as a skull, all seeing eyes, broken heart, or rose. He also wears leather combat boots.

Jewelry/Accessories: When it comes to jewelry or accessories, he has plenty. He does black earrings all over his ears, along with earrings that look like eyes, teeth, brains, or some other darker concept. Along with earrings, he also has jewelry on his horns, these also being black or dark. Bracelets and rings also tend to be part of his regular assortment of jewelry. He also wears a chain necklace most of the time. Other than jewelry, he also has bright green headphones that he normally wears around his neck when he isn’t actually using them.

/~/

Personality:

At a first glance, most people would probably get pretty intimidated by him. His height, his demonic features, and near constant scowl or grimace definitely make him seem less than approachable. He comes off as dry, unsociable, and tired of people.

--

Vigge doesn’t like to come off this way, for the most part, he just does. It’s easier to push everyone away before even ever talking to them than to try. Just like it’s easier to lay in bed after his alarm goes off to get up, or to stay at a bar where he can have at least the option of socializing should he choose to without any actual obligation to do so.

--

With most people that interact with him, one of the first things they notice is how monotonous he is. How his face and voice tend to stay completely dry of changes. His mouth stays in a scowl, his voice stays flat, and his eyes stay half-lidded. Not to mention his seemingly lack of filter and silver tongue. He’ll spit out insults without even noticing, and some people won’t even realize it’s an insult for a few moments because of his monotone… Everything. He won’t even realize it until someone points it out.

--

In fact, his speech patterns can mostly be put into a few different categories. Sarcasm, dry humor, dark humor, insults, and factual statements. All five are thrown out with ease, and usually without notice.

--

With the friends he does have, admittedly very few(and even fewer real ones, if any), he still insults them in practically every interaction. He shares an apartment with a couple of them though, and insults, sarcasm, and dry humor is basically how they interact and communicate with one another.

--

All this being said, he’s also very loyal to those he does consider friends. If there’s even a slight hint of spite directed towards a friend of his, he makes sure his glare is just as sharp. Or to threaten them in some shape, way, or form.

--

Which brings us to how assertive and in control of situations he can be at times. When he’s sure of something, he’s sure of something. And he doesn’t back down. He’ll go tooth and nail to make a point, to prove himself, to convince others of things. He doesn’t care what or who he has to go through to do so. That being said, he also hates when he doesn’t have complete control over what's going on. If he can’t pull the strings then he gets extremely paranoid.

--

Paranoid of every little thing. Anxious, careful, paranoid, and obsessive. If he doesn’t know all the facts, if he doesn’t have all the information, if he doesn’t know he can trust someone or something… If he can’t just tell people what to do or control what’s going on around him in general. He does whatever he can to get control, to make sure he’s pulling the strings as much as possible.

--

Speaking of trusting people- He doesn’t. If asked, he’d give the cliché answer that he only trusts himself, fully knowing it’s a cliché. And a lie, since most of the time, he ends up not even trusting himself. Trust is very difficult to earn from him, and just as hard to keep. You betray him once and it’s over forever. He doesn’t do ‘second chances’. In his mind, they wouldn’t have messed the first time if they really cared.

--

It doesn’t help that his mind is better at coming up with negative outcomes, possibilities, and reactions. He’ll plan out an entire conversation in his mind with preloaded remarks, quips, and answers to what he thinks the other person will say. He’ll say them without actually processing what people say, with the full plan of having his words tear down whoever he’s having the conversation with. Often leading him to hurt those that try to get close to him because they’ll say something he wasn’t expecting, but he would’ve already responded with harsh words.

--

When this happens, he ends up bottling up any regret and not saying sorry or apologizing in some form at all. Because even if they hadn’t hurt him right then, they still will eventually so it’s just him pushing them away, getting rid of them before they can. And he’ll bottle up any negative emotions he has until they explode and he snaps, breaks, or finds a way to remove them from his life. He won’t communicate problems either, he’ll let things fester and go over conversation in his head until they bubble over and things end up being said that no one means. Things that he won’t admit he doesn’t mean. Which means the cycle continues.

--

He’s also incredibly insecure about anything he does that could be seen as vulnerable. He has a very fixed view of what’s a weakness and what isn’t. Emotions and trust, of course, end up in the weakness section. So anything that could potentially show these things also ends up there. While he loves to sketch and does it in private, he’d burn his entire sketchbook if someone found out and looked through it. Because he puts his soul into his sketches, and he feels vulnerable and weak if someone sees those things.

--

Meanwhile things that are stereotypically seen as strong things, or ways to be seen as invulnerable, such as drinking or smoking? He’ll do both of those in public with ease, he’ll loiter around and chill, body language just as deadpan as ever. His scars too, are often covered as much as possible in public, seeing them as times where he was too weak or lost in some way. Jewelry and music are just about the only things that he’ll give himself while in public. And those are mostly to keep him from going absolutely crazy. Jewelry gives him a sort of distance that allows him to disconnect to whatever is happening around him, and music has long been known to be a sort of escape for people. A way to disconnect and distant yourself from the world around you.

--

Which is the main reason why he loves the night. The world is quiet, far away. And pair that with stargazing, music in the background? You’ve suddenly got just about the only situation in which he feels most comfortable being… Himself.

--

All that being said, he also values freedom… A lot. He hates being told what to do. Not being able to make his own decisions and choices. Independence is important, freedom is important. For everyone. Luckily, flying helps with that feeling of freedom and independence. And he’s got wings that can give him that easy access too. Night flying is his favorite type of flying, the stars and night air just give flying a whole different feel to him. One that paired with music can give him a very therapeutic feeling that he doesn’t normally get in any other situation. Especially if it’s cold outside. There’s just a certain beauty and calming effect of the colder months and weather, when the trees become bare and the skies are open, empty, and show a full array of stars.

Likes: Solitude, Books, Sleep, Night, Stars, Flying, Winter, Reading/Writing, Smoking, Cold Weather, Music, Winning, Control, Privacy, Jewelry, Singing, Art/Sketching, Alcohol, Playing Bass, and Silence.

Dislikes: Compliments, Crowds, Bright Lights, Loud Noises, Socializing, Summer, People, Fire, Hot Weather, Boredom, Daytime, Pity, Overly Sweet People, Failure/Losing, Hugs, Intrusive Questions, Being Compared to Others, Backstabbers/Liars, Attention, and Cowards.

Hates: Change, Emotions, Not Having/Being In Control, Being Told What To Do, and Most People.

Fears: As if he’d ever tell you… Getting close/attached to people. He’s also pretty scared of being abandoned, left behind, or just betrayed in any kind of way. Also change. Changes scare him a bit, not as much as the other stuff, but it does.

/~/

Hobbies: Flying, Drinking/Smoking, Sleeping/Napping, Playing Acoustic Bass, Reading, Singing(old hobby), and Sketching(definitely a secret hobby).

Strengths: Flying, Realistic, Agile, Stealth, Intimidation, Observant, Playing Bass, Singing, Flexible, Silver Tongue/Insults, Independent, and Loyal.

Weaknesses: Sarcastic, Harsh/Blunt, Pessimistic/Cynical, Closed-Minded/Judgmental, Apathetic/Deadpan, Trust Issues, Abandonment Issues, Insomniac, Obsessive, Temperamental, Communication, and Anxious/Paranoid.

Posture: Vigge’s posture is terrible, he slinks and slouches everywhere. His wings are always pulled tightly against him, kept at his back and sides. His head is dipped down, hung low, with his shoulders hunched over and inwards. Instead of it coming off as insecure or low self-esteem though, due to his height, it tends to come off as more intimidating than anything else.

/~/

Physical Health: He’s in pretty good shape, not the best but definitely not the worst.

Mental Health: Depression, Insomnia, Mild Anxiety, and C-PTSD.

Immune System: Actually, his immune system tends to be pretty good. When it fails though, it tends to fail hard.

Allergies: None, actually.

Addictions: Smoking and alcohol.

/~/

Ex(es): A few major breakups too. Nothing too terrible though at least.

/~/

Trivia:

Vigge’s right-handed, but he knows how to utilize his left hand enough that it makes people think he’s ambidextrous. He can’t write with it though, strangely enough. Especially since he can eat with it, and at times does seem to prefer it to his right in street fights or gesturing, pointing, or grabbing things.

--

He grew up in the foster system after his parents(an elf and a demon, both of whom he doesn’t remember the names of) were deemed unfit to take care of him and it was found out that he didn’t have any other family to take care of him instead. These foster homes usually ended up kicking him out and back into the foster care system until he eventually turned 18 and was free to go out on his own. His last name is one he chose for himself.

Themesong(s):

I Need Control by Will Jay.

I’m Not A Cynic by Alec Benjamin.

Villain Of My Own Story by Unlike Pluto.

figure it out by Faith Marie.

Rebels by Call Me Karizma.

People I Don’t Like by UPSAHL.

Never Satisfied by CORPSE.

Sarcasm by Get Scared.

Belly of the Beast by Brennan Savage.

Isolate by Sub Urban.

KMS by Sub Urban.

Now I Don’t Care by Unlike Pluto.

BlkBird by Lund.

Rx Luv by Lund.

I’d Rather Drown by Set It Off.

NIGHTMARES by brother sundance.

sad faces & dark places by Babel.

THE DEVIL by XAM.

LESS THAN THREE by XAM & Lil Happy Lil Sad.

BAD THOUGHTS by XAM & Lil Yung Pharaoh.

I Don’t Give A… by MISSIO & Zeale.

Killer by The Ready Set.

Sick Thoughts by Lewis Blisset.

Scrawny by Wallows.

That’s What You Get by Paramore.

Novacaine by 10 Years.

Scars by Papa Roach.

Saint Bernard by Lincoln.

|~| Amy |~|

Pair: Serious.

Species: Pallid Elf/Lunar Elf.

Sent or Stayed?: Stayed.

Magic: Darkvision and Teleportation(Limited & Leaves her in an Incorporeal Form for at least a Few Minutes up to an Hour or 2).

Alignment: Lawful Good.

/~/

Full Name: Amaia Hesti Peligros.

Name Meaning:

Amaia; “Lunar halo.”

Hesti; “Serious, right, true.”

Peligros; “Hazards, perils, dangers.”

Nickname(s): Amy, and whatever else you can think of.

/~/

Sexuality: Homosexual.

/~/

Birthdate: January 5th.

Zodiac: Capricorn.

How Old Do They Appear: Anywhere from Late 20s to Late 30s, Early 40s. It depends on what she’s wearing, her expression, and other factors. Obviously.

/~/

Appearance:

Amaia stands about average for her kind at 6’ 0” exactly, though she sometimes seems 5’ 11” or 6’ 1”at any given moment due to posture. Her skin tone is a pale, porcelain color with cool undertones. She has practically no freckles whatsoever. Well, that’s not exactly true. She does have freckles, just not the traditional kind. Her freckles that scatter along her features are bright yellow and show constellations.

--

Amy has a diamond face shape with defined jaw and cheeks. Now for the nose, she has a small straight nose, rather pointed at the tip of it. As for lips, she’s got thin lips that tend to be in a small, tight lipped line or small, polite smile.

--

Her eyebrows are a bit thinner than average, with a slight arch though they’re hard to see due to the color of them. Finally, her eyes are an upturned monolid shape. The color? Well, technically, she doesn’t have a pupil or iris. But her sclera is completely black. Her eyes are lined by golden lashes though. Her face is framed by slightly wavy, stark white hair that’s never fully blocking her sight, kept to the sides where she’ll be able to see. It goes down to her thighs when down, though she usually has it up in a long braid instead.

--

Her body structure could quickly be described as more of an hourglass shape, with her shoulders being about the same size as her hips but with a clear divet in between the two. Everything about her structure screams that she’s more so built for agility, with her having the slender frame that elves are known to have. She weighs in at 140 lbs, with her BMI at a healthy 18.99, though she certainly is on the slimmer side.

--

For scars… Amaia has a few, almost none of them major. Truly, all of them come from small accidents and are hardly visible at all. The only one that isn’t small or minor, is a few at her right shoulder that go from her shoulder blade and wrap around to just above her chest. These few scars are from her very first hunt with her father. Other than these, she also has some that line her arms and hands. Most being from work and hunting trips.

--

When it comes to her birthmark it’s on her back. Right in the front and center of her upper back even. Recently though, it’s gone from a birthmark to a tattoo. A jester’s hat, in a purple color that seems to glow. Rather annoying, in her opinion, given how silly the whole thing looks. How is she supposed to be the heir to her family’s line if she has something as stupid as that on her back?

Voice: Her voice is very smooth. It’s light, gentle, and soft. A mezzo soprano, if you will. Though she is certainly capable of reaching the same highs as a soprano should she so choose to do so. Most often though, she doesn’t.

Attire: Amy’s attire tends to be very professional yet practical, actually. She wears a comfortable white button up blouse under a short sleeve suit jacket that’s practically always unbuttoned. The jacket itself is black with symmetrical golden dragons on either side of the buttons, along with more symmetrical golden embroidery as well. For pants, she tends to wear black, form-fitting bush pants with golden linings. Her shoes are always black hiking boots.

Jewelry/Accessories: When it comes to earrings, she has only the love pierced on either ear. Normally, these either have gold feather earrings or gold studs. She doesn’t wear much of any other type of jewelry. She does tend to have a yellow flower in her hair, with gold encased diamonds dangling from it.

/~/

Personality:

When people first meet Amaia, getting her to even speak is a challenge. Not because she’s ignoring them, or even being rude in any way, she’s just about always busy. If she isn’t studying, then she’s hunting, and if she isn’t doing either then she’s practicing or training. Her dedication to her studies, her work, and her training is usually a bit overwhelming to people. Especially when she could go for whole hours without noticing someone because of it.

--

She doesn’t do it on purpose, more or less, she just knows that she has responsibilities that she has to keep up with. And she tends to get wrapped up in those responsibilities. Not that she minds either though, socializing with others had never been a priority of hers, after all.

--

If you do get her to speak though, you’ll find a polite yet firm speaker. She’s in way shy, despite what her silence can make it seem like. She’s proud of who she is, for the most part. She takes even more pride in what she can do, in what she does. Amy doesn’t just go along with whatever people say, she asks questions and pries to get as much information as possible. And all information she gets will be used to her advantage. At the same time though, she tends to come off as awkward. Her words stilted, her posture stiff with new people. She isn’t one for conversation, she isn’t one for new people.

--

Some people however, take this as her being snobbish. She comes from a wealthier family, an heiress to a long line of the 1%. They’ll assume she doesn’t understand the hardships of life, or that she looks down on those that she views as below her.

--

Neither are true. She’s experienced hardships, and she makes a point to not look down on people. In fact, she’s helped others through hardships. She tries to do so as much as she can. She doesn’t like to see people suffer.

--

This is especially true with friends and loved ones. She’s seen what could happen when she didn’t help those who needed it. And that terrified her. As such, Amaia promised it would never happen again. That she wouldn’t let it happen again. That she’d die before she allowed it to happen again.

--

As for her own hardships, being the heiress to a successful family line brings a sort of pressure that those who don’t can’t really relate to. One that those who could aren’t allowed to speak of. Not legally, there’s no actual rule saying it, but it’s still there. An unspoken rule. And the pressure? One of being perfect in what she does, of living up to her family’s expectations, standards, and name. Another reason for her busy dedication to what she does. A failure in her studies, her work, her training, and her life could mean dishonoring or disgracing her family. Which is something she doesn’t want to do. Her family are good people, and she appreciates them, has a good relationship with them… She doesn’t want to fail them, she doesn’t want to fail anyone, and she definitely doesn’t want to lose anyone. So she tries her best not to, in any way that she can. With any strategy she can think of.

Likes: Tea, Reading/Writing, Books, Stars, Wine, Exercise, Learning, Archery, Solitude, Perfection, Winning, Spring, Night, Constellations, Silence, Studying, Rain, Nature, Dragons, and Hunting.

Dislikes: Crowds, Bright Lights, Loud Noises, Losing, Cowards, Dry Weather, People, Daytime, Pity, Immaturity, Animal Cruelty, Pessimists, Idealists, Socializing, Inactivity, Most Alcohol, Interruptions, Conflict, Undivided Attention, and Getting Sick.

Hates: Failing, Imperfection, Inequality, Cruelty, and People Giving Up.

Fears: Losing those close to her, mostly. Not being able to help. Also just failure though.

/~/

Hobbies: Reading, Exercising, Parkour, Writing, Hunting, Exploring, Archery, and Simply Enjoying Nature.

Strengths: Agile, Stealth, Physically Flexible, Observant, Responsible, Disciplined, Vigilant, Stamina, Archery, Realistic, Aim, and Intelligent.

Weaknesses: Aloof, Physical Strength, Paranoid, Insomniac, Rigid, Immune System, Workaholic, Overprotective, Apprehensive, Skeptical, Inflexible, and Stressed Beyond Belief.

Posture: Her posture shifts from either slightly relaxed to upright and proper in spans of minutes depending on where she’s at, who she’s around(if anyone), and what’s going on at the moment.

/~/

Physical Health: Despite her terrible immune system, she’s actually in pretty good shape.

Mental Health: Insomnia, Chronic Stress/Hypervigilance, Mild PTSD, and Mild Depression.

Immune System: Frankly? It sucks. She’s constantly getting sick.

Allergies: None.

Addictions: None.

/~/

Ex(es): Only one, from a relationship of five years. It ended pretty terribly. Of course, the relationship ended when she was 22, but still.

/~/

Trivia:

She’s right-handed, though she’s learned how to do most things with her left as well as a consequence of her first hunting trip.

--

She’s from a long line of hunters, ‘wannabe’ adventurers, healers, and dragon tamers. Though she hasn’t been allowed to try and tame a dragon yet. She has gone on hunting trips with her father where the dragons they ended up finding were ones that he later tamed. She has also visited her mother’s line of work as a cleric. As for herself, she’s been in training for both of these paths since she was little, and still isn’t sure which she’d rather go down completely. In the meantime, she technically still lives with her parents on their property. Not on the same house, but technically on their land.

Themesong(s):

Weight of the World by Citizen Soldier.

Angel With A Shotgun by The Cab.

Fallen Angel by Three Days Grace.

How to Save a Life by The Fray.

Angel by Theory of a Deadman.

Never Too Late by Three Days Grace.

Go To War by NOTHING MORE.

Talk to Me by Cavetown.

One More Light by Linkin Park.

Friend, Please by Twenty One Pilots.

Lullaby by Nickelback.

Someday by Nickelback.

My Name Is Human by Highly Suspect.

If I Die Young by The Band Perry.

Battle Scars by Paradise Fears.

Little Miss Perfect by Write Out Loud & Joriah Kwamé & Taylor Louderman.

A New Hope by Broken Iris.

Shattered by Trading Yesterday.

It’s Alright by Mother Mother.

If Everyone Cared by Nickelback.

Edited at December 27, 2022 12:20 AM by Overthink101
See the Other Side | TIAPN x Overthink101December 25, 2022 01:07 AM

ThisIsAPackName

Lightbringer

Give Award

-[ 1 ]-

╭══.❅ᵒ ᵒ·.*❆*.·ᵒ ᵒ❅.══╮

". . . Fucking, why is everyone here so -- ah. Ahaha, nevermind. You didn't hear that."

❆ ANTON BORISOVICH ❆

[ male - cold - phantom - stayed - homosexual - mono ]

===========

Full Name: Anton Borisovich Afanov

Nickname(s): Afanych, Anka, An, Anty

Alignment: Lawful Neutral

Magic: Anton can choose whether to be corporeal or not, basically. At any moment, he's either tangible or not, which is great for dodging -- under the light of a full moon, however, he's forced to be corporeal whether he wants to be or not. A stupid rule and mildly inconvenient for him, but one he can do nothing about.

He can also float off the ground to his heart's content. He cannot possess anything, as he is a phantom and not a ghost, but he could hypothetically haunt a motherfucker were he creative enough to do so with his given abilities. So far, he has decided not to.

。—- ᵒ❅ᵒ❈ᵒ❅ᵒ —-。

Appearance: Transparent skin that was already pale to start with gives Anton a distinctly deathly look. Fitting, considering that's what he is. Also fitting is how constantly cold and clammy he is to the touch -- whether that's a result of constant slight nervousness or the fact that he's a dead man walking is beyond those who know him, but most would prefer to think it's the latter.

Beyond the traits of a dead man, Anton is perfectly average -- with a straight nose, a basic polite smile adorning his face the better 90% of the time and a basic sort of blue-eyes-blonde-hair look, he has a face that most people would look through whether or not it was transparent. His hairstyle is combed to the side and slightly swoopy, though "short" is just about the most the average person would take from it -- his eyebrows are a little thick but not incredibly so, only enough that they can be seen despite the pale color of his hair. His ears are pointed as is typical of the species of elf he was for the few seconds he was alive, and in figure, he is 5'10" and just about perfectly rectangular, the only difference in width being his shoulders just being slightly wider than the rest of him and that's about it.

His skin is mostly unblemished save for acne and rough skin here and there. And cuts. A lot of them. You would expect him to have less what with the incorporeality and all, but due to the fact that he's technically dead, any hit he didn't expect to take (i.e. any small mistake he makes or anything he does absentmindedly that results in a minor injury) remains unhealed from his stagnant body. He doesn't bleed, either, now, but any wounds that he get remain open forever until healed via magic. Those are easy to look over, though -- the only thing that's not is the small birthmark on his right ankle, the outline of some vague shape he can't quite make out. His pairing mark, he supposes, of someone who isn't in their universe yet. It seemed fitting to him that the only thing that's guaranteed to be special and unique to everyone wouldn't be available to him. (Now, he knows it's supposed to be a bright orange flame. And one of the most special ones he could possibly get, at that. He doesn't quite know how to feel about that.)

Generally, though, there's not much to say about the man, and he's easy to look past. He's fine with that.

Attire & Accessories: To put it simply, he dresses simple. He'll wear whatever's available to him, which is usually t-shirts and sweats or jeans or whatever the fuck is in his closet. The only thing he has that sets him apart from the average person is an absolutely stupid amount of jackets, solely because of the fact that he is constantly cold -- most commonly, he'll be found wearing a thick parka over what unremarkable thing he'd slapped on for the day, whether it's winter or dead smack in the middle of the summer.

Personality: Anton has a tendency to melt in the background with a polite greeting or two and a stilted smile. He doesn't start conversations, and when people start them with him, he's nothing but pleasant -- he offers a listening ear for whatever's on their mind, their woes, accomplishments, thoughts about themselves or other people; he offers nothing but kind words, and he judges no one. Even then, with his generally good reputation, people don't tend to talk to him much -- he, after all, never really offers anything of his own. All he has is the polite smile he listens to people with and the incredibly basic (albeit nice) responses he has in return. It earns him a good reputation in people's eyes, but no one knows anything about him beyond that.

And really, he prefers it that way.

Keeping polite ensures his reputation in the eyes of other people, but offering nothing of your own ensures they leave you alone after a little bit, so it's what he does. Anton, after all, is an incredibly introverted person -- he prefers to end conversations as soon as possible without actively playing a part in ending it (unless he has a good and/or polite way to excuse himself), and even more so, he loves to present himself as a well-adjusted person. Because that's what he comes off as when he's acting nice -- he can make the person a cup of coffee or tea, not talking to them all the while, listen to them talk about their life a bit while only offering just enough feedback to keep them feeling good, and then excuse himself saying he's busy and keep them liking him while simultaneously not having to interact much to do so.

He doesn't even actually have to be a good person. He thinks of himself as one, with all the people who like him and think him such -- but, really, even with all of the problems people complain to him about and all the situations he'd witnessed, he prefers to remain uninvolved. Never to help, never to be seen, always a part of the background. Were someone to be bleeding out on the ground, he'd never be the one to call 911. "Leave it to someone more fit to do it," he'd say, and he'd join the hundreds of people walking the other direction.

Time of using this strategy has built a thick wall between him and other people, and with it, he's found there's other strategies to seeming like a good person. After all, when you appear to be a good person and people don't bother to talk to you any more beyond basic conversation, they don't know anything about you -- they think they don't have to, really, since you're such an upstanding citizen, you must have everything together. They don't have to understand you beyond that. Hell, you don't even have to understand you, when no one really knows you -- as far as either of you are concerned, all you are is a good person, a mask with a polite smile plastered upon it.

So, they don't need to know about the workings of Anton's mind beneath that smile. They don't need to know that he judges every action that they recount to them in their stories, judges all of their stupid decisions and dumb thoughts. They don't need to know that he cringes at every one of their jokes underneath his polite smile. They don't need to know how much he wants to start arguing with them about every dumb opinion they have.

Anton has a low tolerance for stupidity. Really, he does -- his brain is exclusively logical, no space for understanding why people would do anything he considers to be not rational. It's nothing he'd voice, of course, why would he -- he just looks on with that polite smile on his face, even if his brain is going haywire with how absolutely abhorrent this decision was. He won't stop anyone from doing anything stupid, won't comment on it, no matter how much he wants to -- after years of suppressing it, the temptation is just about gone, replaced with him just letting his emotions run haywire and hiding it behind a stony look or basic smile. His brain runs a mile a minute all of the time and he voices none of it. Ever.

And really, at what point does he get a bit bitter about it? Having no meaningful relationships with anyone, keeping every thought he has in his head when he has so goddamn many -- it's a waste of a life, one he didn't realize he was wasting until it was already too late. And it's already too late, far too much so; now it's upsetting to even imagine someone knowing him any deeper than the facade he always has put up, absolutely terrifying. It's terrifying to even imagine a person even knowing one of the emotions he experiences after letting no one know for so long. Really, he'd much rather keep everything in his brain until it explodes and he dies a second time. It sounds like a better time than ever being perceived in a real way.

。—- ᵒ❅ᵒ❈ᵒ❅ᵒ —-。

+ Tea. +

+ Coffee with just one sugar cube, but only if there's no tea available. +

+ Cats. He doesn't have any -- they're not allowed in his apartment -- but he enjoys them in theory. Solemn, intelligent and elegant. +

+ A good book. +

+ Quiet spaces. +

+ Cat cafes. They have all of the above but in great supply. It's absolutely lovely. +

Dislikes:

- Alcohol. His father is not a fan of the fact he doesn't like it, but drinking it just never made sense to him, and it always seemed more upstanding to offer to be the designated driver, anyway, so he's never had it. He also really hates seeing people drunk for similar reasons he doesn't like it, himself, but he can't do anything about it. -

- Being cold. By god, he hates being cold. Please make it stop. -

- The rain, puddles, or being splashed. Not a fan of being wet. -

- Impulsive people. -

- Impulsive decisions. -

- Anything done impulsively. -

Strengths:

+ Making decisions for other people. He'd be a good leader for that -- he's great at deciding the best, most efficient path to do things from years of crafting better paths than what you idiots can think of in his head, only to never be used. +

+ Getting people's better favor. He's been doing it for years, after all. +

+ Hiding his feelings. +

Weaknesses:

- He's immensely bitter. Really, he's this close to just spontaneously exploding and dying a horrible death. -

- He's a coward. A giant coward. He won't get involved in anything in an insistence that it's none of his business, and were there anything that he'd be forced to be involved in, he's far more privy to just turning tail and running -

- He's just... not that strong. He's never worked out or anything and he doesn't walk around much in favor of just floating wherever he goes, so he has little to no stamina, strength, or... really, anything. +

Hates: Impulsiveness, rashness; any sort of irrationality, he really hates it. Once it was just a mild annoyance, but after years of never being able to comment, the hatred multiplied.

Fears: The mortifying ordeal of being known.

。—- ᵒ❅ᵒ❈ᵒ❅ᵒ —-。

Physical Health: He's dead.

Mental Health: Not well.

Immune System: He's dead.

Allergies: ... pollen.

Addictions: Smoking.

。—- ᵒ❅ᵒ❈ᵒ❅ᵒ —-。

Affiliations: TBA.

Backstory: Anton was born to a Russian-equivalent father and German-equivalent mother and promptly died a few seconds later. Distraught at their first son's untimely demise when he was so desperately wanted, his parents brought him to a necromancer where he was given a second chance at life as the dead -- more specifically, a phantom, capable of aging and being touched but still dead by all means.

Traumatized by his death, his parents sheltered and coddled him in his early life. He, however, was quite the brat -- he judged most of the other children immensely and voiced it, telling them they were little cunts. He did not have any friends, and his parents did not like that.

His young brain was able to tell that his parents were distressed about them, so he tried to convince them he was alright -- tried to be the best kid he could, kind and listening and beloved by all. Eventually, his parents calmed down and backed off a little, but he continued being the way he was, though introvertedness meant he couldn't handle that much attention -- thus he, too, backed off a little, adjusting his strategy to be more listening and less talking.

In the meantime, his parents had more children. Not dead ones, specifically. They didn't get nearly as coddled and were raised normally, becoming upstanding citizens just as Anton was, if not more because it was their own choice -- meanwhile, Anton remained trying to stay in the background, keeping up his reputation in order to keep his parents' approval while simultaneously taking advantage of the little attention his new strategy brought him. His siblings became the favorites for their popularity and accomplishments while Anton remained well-liked but generally unremarkable.

Anton grew. He remained well-liked but generally unremarkable, if only more unremarkable as the years grew on. His mask became better and he remained without meaningful relationships, convinced that, by means of his introvertedness, having everyone talk to him every once in a while but never too long was a good thing, not realizing the loneliness that was slowly seeping through -- not until it was too late, of course, when he was out of school and shoved into the world, pair still nowhere to be found with no one and nothing to be found except for a friendly smile.

Eventually, he found a basic job in a city a bit off from his hometown near the capital and an apartment to live in, where he continued to live on, unfulfilled and lonely.

Then, his pair tattoo lit up.

Theme Song(s): Egg by Shoe / Disco! in the Panic Room by Bug Hunter / Charlie's Inferno by That Handsome Devil / Getting Over It by King Theta

Other: As a note, he has a slight Russian accent when speaking. Fluent in Russian, German and English, but main language is Russian and that's what he usually speaks, so... accent.

╰══.❅ᵒ ᵒ·.*❆*.·ᵒ ᵒ❅.══╯

-[ 2 ]-

╔═ «´♥˚。*❀*。˚♥`» ═╗

"Even if no one else does, I'll believe in you. Isn't that enough?"

♥ QINGYI SHI ♥

[ female - sweet - contracted angel - sent - pansexual - ambi ]

===========

Full Name: Shi Qingyi (史 晴怡)

Nickname(s): Dulcie (her English name)

Alignment: Neutral Good

Magic: Upon reentrance to Vebreo, a contract that her particular subset of angel is tied to from birth was put into place. From it, she can temporarily draw upon the power of her church in order to increase her strength, strength of her party, or to heal herself or a party member so long as she follows their guidelines word by word. The rough thing is that, due to the fact that she has not been living in this world for 25 years and has no idea about this contract, she does not know what these guidelines are.

She'll probably figure it out.

≿-—-༺ ❀ ༻—-≾

Appearance: The first thing a person would think looking at Dulcie is that she's pretty -- which she is, soft face and petite body and all. Her face is round and her eyes are kind, lashes thick and eyebrows rounded at the ends, almost akin to a rabbit. Her hair is a medium brown sort of color, straight and thin; it's cut in a fringe right above her eyes with some longer locks framing the sides of her face to cover her ears, curling along her jaw perfectly and ending just a bit past her shoulders. Her eyes are a lovely, soft honey brown color to match, and full lips and cheeks help to complete the picture of a generally pretty girl.

Beyond her lovely face, Dulcie stands at roughly 5'5" with a bit of a pear figure, hips being wider than her chest is. Her hands, fingers, arms and legs are all slim and petite -- it is of note, however, that upon further inspection, not all of her skin is as soft as the rest of it. Her hands in particular are adorned with little cuts, scrapes and burns, covered in bandages in order to make sure it doesn't hurt to touch stuff -- really, she doesn't mind it; she considers it cool and giving character, but the pain whenever an open cut touches something is very much unwelcome. She supposes the cute bandages she can cover it up with is enough to make up for it, but she's a little disappointed that no one can see the scrapes anymore.

The bandages cover up one thing, which is just about the only blemish on her body (beyond the minor injuries from mishaps in the kitchen); a small, oddly shaped birthmark on the palm of her left hand. She never thought much of it, though she did start doing so when it turned into a lime and started glowing. That seemed a lot more like something to pay attention to.

Upon entrance to Vebreo, her appearance didn't change much save the addition of large wings (and she means large. Each one is just about as long as she is tall) and a halo that lets off soft light circling behind her head. It gives her an even more angelic appearance than she already has, which she's mostly happy about, if just slightly concerned.

Attire & Accessories: Dulcie is a pretty fashionable person. Her closet is grand and filled with a thousand different things, though she has her favored things to pair together -- her most typical outfit is a skirt, a belt, a pretty blouse, some thigh-high socks and whatever cool shoes she can find, but all of those aspects of her outfit can vary.

Personality: Dulcie is just a little bit intense.

Really, she doesn't do it on purpose. And if you'd look beyond it, she's kind -- in fact, even if you do look directly at it, she's still unmistakably kind. It's an undeniable fact of Dulcie, her helpfulness and kindness, always willing to lend a shoulder to those in need and stop on the road to help someone who she thinks needs help. It's to the point of naivety, her want to help; she'll listen to people's woes and try to help them 'til she's on the verge of breaking down, even past that point -- once she sees it, she'll take on all their issues 'til she's nothing but dust.

Which is where her intensity comes in.

Dulcie is pushily helpful. Any situation she sees where she thinks she'll be of use, she'll shove her way through and try to help -- she'll force her way into repaying a perceived debt, solving a person's complaints, taking care of all of their issues and really anything she can if she sees a void to be filled. And god, is she insistent on it -- stubborn as a mule, an unstoppable force that can only be made stagnant by an immovable object but never stops nonetheless. Out of any problems she sees, she's most passive to criticism; any insults, yelling or criticism will make her shrink down and bring her to tears. When she sees other people being criticized, she usually won't intervene, believing they have the same view on it that she does -- that it's terrible to hear, but a necessary evil and usually correct, because of course other people are always correct. She might come up afterward and try to comfort the person yelled at (a person sad = bad), but she'll never intervene with yelling or criticism, even if it's clearly wrong.

Despite her insistence on helping, she isn't always... well, you know. Good at it. For one, she's terrible at giving advice -- she, after all, has a rather naive outlook on life, that everyone has the inherent ability to be a good person and has at least some empathy within them that can be dug up with effort. That does not do well when translated into real, realistic advice that applies to the given situation. Her methods are helping are also naive. Given, she always tries her best -- whenever she butts in, she's guaranteed to do whatever she thinks is best for the given situation. The thing about that is just that she's only sometimes right. She is, however, very much like a kicked puppy when told she is not, so it's recommended not to tell her.

Generally, Dulcie's a person who goes by no one's manual by her own. Of course, her manual isn't that much of a crazy one -- it's just to be kind to everyone, no matter what. In situations where kindness or lack thereof is not a factor, however, she can be trusted to just wing it with whatever comes to mind first. She's a fairly impulsive person, like that -- she has an alright instinct, if a bit misguided at times, but she's always one to jump the gun. If she doesn't know something necessary for doing something, she will do no research (or really even thought) at all before jumping straight into it anyway.

It makes sense, though, why Dulcie is like this. Ultimately, she's driven by her belief in humanity -- a genuine belief that humanity is inherently good, that people are good by nature and it's their situation that changes them. That people can be brought back to being good if they could only get a little bit of guidance. She pushes so hard because she thinks no one else can do it -- that she knows how to help, that she'd be the best at it, and that she's a failure if she doesn't or can't. She's driven entirely by her confidence in her unrealistic naivete, and it's something very difficult to bring her down from.

≿-—-༺ ❀ ༻—-≾

+ Cooking. Especially for other people. She loves watching people enjoy the things she made. +

+ Baking, though she's far worse at it than cooking. The difference between baking and cooking is that baking tends to be a lot more exact, and Dulcie is a lot better at winging it than she is at following instructions. +

+ Spicy foods. She has a pretty high tolerance built from practice (it seemed like it'd be a good party trick) and it eventually turned into like. +

+ Dares. She loves a good challenge. +

+ Dogs. They are so sweet. Enough said. +

Dislikes:

- Overly sweet foods. Not only do they make her really hyper, but it’s also just a bad balance of flavors… some bitter or sour would do well to cut through it. At least it inspires her to cook whenever she has some out of an eagerness to make something better. -

- Pessimism. Of course, she strongly believes in hating the game and not the player, but still… hearing a pessimistic viewpoint always irks her a little. -

- Turkey. She just doesn’t like it. -

- Overly baggy clothes. She doesn’t dislike them generally, just when they’re on her. -

Strengths:

+ Headstrong. She has an iron will to see anything through. +

+ Kindness. She's helpful to everyone, always willing to lend a shoulder to cry on or a helping hand, no matter who it is, where it is or what she's going through. +

+ Cooking. Believe it or not, she's a fucking godly cook. Unmatched, really. Could probably beat Gordon Ramsey's ass, especially with a grilled cheese. +

Weaknesses:

- Headstrong. She's incredibly fucking stubborn and it often ends in misery for a lot of people. -

- Naive. Her naivete can cause both her and other people to be hurt from her trust being given to the wrong people. -

- Baking. To bake, you need correct measurements and correct timing and typically need to reference a manual as a result, and Dulcie... well. You might be able to guess. -

Hates: Getting yelled at. To her, it's a necessary evil, but never something she'll like or even be okay with.

Fears: Not being able to help people and being hated for it.

≿-—-༺ ❀ ༻—-≾

Physical Health: She has mild back pain and cramps all over her body thanks to a distinct lack of flexibility exercises when she was younger. It's already caught up to her. It's not fun.

Mental Health: She's doing pretty well. That's prone to change.

Immune System: Not the best. She gets a pretty harsh cold now and then and she's seen her fair share of infections and flus, but she at least isn't the most sickly.

Allergies: Mildly lactose intolerant. It, too, is not very fun.

≿-—-༺ ❀ ༻—-≾

Backstory: Dulcie's background isn't particularly of note. She was born (presumably, at least; she always assumed she was) and raised in China with occasional trips to America in order to visit relatives. She was child to a wealthy single woman who spoiled her rotten with food, hugs and kisses -- her mother, however, was still a strict woman, always making sure to drill into her that she was to always be kind. Offer your aid to everyone and never have a mean word to say, she was told -- and out of love for her mother, it was something she took to heart.

Growing up, she always wanted to be a doctor. She thought it was an honorable thing, to dedicate your life to helping others -- she, on the other hand, was not really that great of a student. Not bad, by any means, but not nearly as outstanding as her mother would like her to be.

Dulcie often made up for it by overcompensating in her life outside of school -- she'd volunteer for as many things as she could, be so sweet it was sickly, aid the homeless and smile at everyone as she walked down the street. Her mother, bless her heart, did her best to keep her overly helpful daughter from getting into trouble -- their rich neighborhood was more than safe, but she'd skip neighborhoods where she thought Dulcie might approach someone who could hurt her, draw her attention away whenever something came on the news, sheltered her from all the bad people in the world.

Of course, Dulcie still found out about them, but knowing all the people in her life were well-off and good while people who weren't well-off could get driven to extremes created a thought in her mind -- that people were good by nature, and that it was simply their situation that made them otherwise. That, by that logic, a bad person can always be redeemed.

Dulcie loved the world. She loved her mother, she loved her neighborhood, and she loved people -- and as she grew up, that love translated into a belief that every person can be helped, and that grew into a desire to be the one to help. To create change in the world with her own two hands. It was a fiery resolve that got her many friends, a few accomplishments read about in the newspapers of her town and eventually got her into med school despite middling grades, whereupon she promptly moved into her own apartment and continued attempting to create change in the world and volunteering wherever she could until it promptly became useless as she was teleported into a whole other world.

Theme Song(s): Olde World by Crying

Other: She has no accent when speaking in English, and she's left-handed.

╚═ «´♥˚。*❀*。˚♥`» ═╝

Edited at August 10, 2023 10:58 AM by ThisIsAPackName
See the Other Side | TIAPN x Overthink101December 26, 2022 10:15 PM

ThisIsAPackName

Lightbringer

Give Award

eep, first post got too long! making a second one ^^

-[ 3 ]-

╔═════.❖.══════════════╗

"Anyone can be special if they have a strong enough right hook and know who to punch."

AI FUJISAWA

[ female - trickster - huli jing - sent - demisexual - ambi]

===========

Full Name: Fujisawa Ai (藤沢 愛)

Nickname(s): If you can't just say Ai, that says more about you than her.

Alignment: True Neutral

Magic: She can either gain power by stealing the life force of the living or by meditation and getting in touch with the energy of the universe or whatever the fuck. She doesn't fully understand how either works and likely never will, but what she does know is that with enough power, she can use it to place curses on people to varying degrees, disappear and reappear, and create vibrant visual illusions. She also, however, needs a constant influx of magic in order to maintain her human form, as in Vebreo, her main form is apparently that of a fox -- highly inconvenient, but hey. She'll learn to deal.

⊱—- ⚜ —-⊰

Appearance: Ai has a look of mirth about her, with dark, sparkling eyes that crinkle upwards at every smile. It's unclear whether the sparkle is laughter or mischief -- perhaps a mix of the two, but unmistakably present nonetheless, vague in whether it's charming or a clear sign to stay away lest you get caught up in whatever plan she's thinking of. Thin, expressive eyebrows aid to emphasize every expression she makes, dark and obvious against her pale skin -- her hair is generally dark, the same deep black color as her eyes. It's thin, falling across her face and ears and curving inward at her neck, making it seem even thinner than it already is; it's at least shiny, though, any light that comes upon it creating a pale bluish halo that frames her face in a lovely way if you ignore the fact that it makes her look just ever-so-slightly greasy.

In figure, Ai can really only be described as "thin". All 5 feet and 7 inches of her is flat stomach and bony elbows, which aids in her having quite the jab when she chooses to elbow someone in the side (a common strategy whenever someone says something unhelpful). It's a good thing she does have that, since she has little to no muscle mass -- in total, with her lack of muscle and fat, she probably weighs about as much as a paper bag.

In notable features, she has a freckle here and there all across her body, though they only come in ones, never to congregate. Several small scars can be found on close inspection across her hands and fingers, all results from dumb mistakes, small incidents or the fact that her keyboard broke and had sharp, easy-to-cut-yourself-on bits that she didn't bother to fix for years. The most noticeable is a large birthmark that spans a big portion of her upper back, some vague shapes that are too faint against her skin to make out. She's always thought the shape of that was cool, but otherwise, she's unremarkable.

That is, until she wakes up in Vebreo.

On her transfer, her hair is a stark-white color with a slight gradient into a bright blood orange near the ends; her eyebrows are also white, far less noticeable thanks to the fact her skin is still the same pale color, but still equally as expressive. Her eyes remain black, though they are now accented with red-orange highlights that mark her face and hands. On her back, her birthmark has become far more noticeable, now a bright yellow biological hazard sign that draws far more attention than anything else on her person when her back is visible.

Except, probably, the tail and ears that pop up when her energy reserves are going down. Those might be pretty attention-grabbing. They only show up after a day or two of not drawing up any energy, but the ears are her first warning it’s fading, then the tail, then a thin layer of fur all over her body — after that, it’s straight to fox form.

Attire & Accessories: Ai has a tendency towards the simplicity of sweatshirts and sweatpants. Jeans are rarer, but possible, if only in the unbearable heat of the summertime; in these times, she'll typically wear large t-shirts, ones that hang a bit past her hips. Fabric that hangs loosely is more comfortable, she says -- really, it's just easier to laze about in. Either way, she doesn't accessorize much save the occasional pair of earrings when she's feeling fancy. However, her fox ears, on further inspection, do not come pre-pierced, so those will remain untouched for the foreseeable future.

Personality: Ai's a person who always has something to say. She has an unquestionable charisma about her -- a lazy smile that turns into a snicker when she's thinking up a plan, a joke for every situation and a pat on the back and pitying look for every mishap. Her laugh is cackling and contagious and she talks easily, summoning an effortless charisma that lets her keep and hold people's attention with a constant stream of commentary and wit paired with expressive, almost lazy movements. It's borderline cartoonish, the way she is -- needlessly expressive with a quip, whether light and fun or passive-aggressive and snide, for every situation, natural in its delivery but scripted in its fittedness for the situation. Confidence follows her in every one of her actions, whether she's doing something normal or absolutely batshit. It follows her when she takes the spotlight, when she melts into the background, when she's doing work and when she's playing tricks, when she's telling the truth and when she's lying -- no matter what, she has the same level of easy confidence.

It’s her confidence that allows her to so easily trick people. Her sleazy attitude, lazy smile and the twinkle in her eye don’t exactly create a feeling of trust in people, but she just always seems like she knows exactly what she’s doing and that it’s what’s supposed to be done -- whether she is actually doing what she’s supposed to be doing is irrelevant, when you see her going around her business. It’s a fact that lets her get up to a whole lot of whatever-the-hell-she-wants.

Upon knowing her a little longer, though, it's found that she isn't always at her peak chaos. She tones it up and down based on the situation -- always the comic relief and nothing more in the mind of others, commentary made of nothing but jokes and actions nothing but a spare trick and a small seed of chaos planted here and there, but sometimes, she... shifts, a little. Her humor gets a little cleaner around polite company she’s intent on impressing, or a little raunchier around the type who’s a fan of that. She gets pacifying when she says something she’s sure will get her punched (heyheyhey cmahhhn i’m just a little guy, nooo, it’s also my birthday, i’m a little birthday boyyy) and she gets especially rowdy when she’s sure she’s perfectly safe. Sometimes, she'll simply talk a little less, let herself blend back into the background. Sometimes she'll disappear, unannounced, for an uncertain amount of time, and then show right back up again with the same lazy smile and no comment.

Knowing her even better lets a person know that she should be trusted about as far as she could throw them -- which is just about a net zero. She's always to be kept on an incredibly short leash, because by god, is Ai a liar.

After all, Ai is inarguably clever. Incredibly so. It's her quick wit that makes her the way she is -- able to bounce off of people for hours, able to be charismatic consistently, able to be so confident in everything she does. She knows perfectly well when she can get away with things and when she can’t, and she’s intent on pushing that boundary as far as possible. Seeing where the consequences are and where they aren’t, teasing that edge and pushing it but never to the point where it’ll blow back in her face -- and in her endeavor to do so, she’ll take up whatever role she has to. She’ll play the comic relief in the forefront with a lazy smile and loose, joking demeanor, just so she can play around in the background and push the narrative wherever she sees fit. She’ll play the fool, the villain, the hero, whatever’s needed in order to make something that’s interesting to her, because what’s the point of not doing so when anything she does can easily be made consequenceless?

That’s not to say Ai is just the puppeteer, though. No, she really does have feelings -- she has thoughts on people, she forms attachments, she cries and she laughs and she genuinely enjoys her time with others. Yet, her detachment to the world she lives in is thick and deep, having been re-rooted so many times over -- from one place to another, from places that are real and familiar to foreign and resoundingly fictional, and if she's not going to remain there, anyway, then why act like your actions have real, remaining consequences? So instead of actually just being a part of life, Ai plays the foolish heroine, only present to have her vision of a good time and nothing more.

⊱—- ⚜ —-⊰

+ Meat. She's quite the big fan of steak, hamburgers or the like -- medium rare, though after her introduction to Vebreo, she's been erring more towards the rare side. +

+ A lot of story-centric manga and anime of various genres, though she'll occasionally watch shit she knows to be awful just for fun. +

+ American adult comedy cartoons. They're in great part how she became fluent in English after learning the basics in school and she finds them hilarious, if only ironically. +

+ Being in the spotlight, given attention, etc. +

+ Parks. She doesn't go outside often, but she does like just sitting on a bench and just closing her eyes for a little or watching the beings of nature do their thing. +

+ Feeling smart. +

+ Being in control of the situation. +

Dislikes:

- Social media. It makes her feel like shit, but it's a part of her, nonetheless. Who is she if not a funnyman on the internet? -

- Name-calling. She'll never comment on it -- that's just a little bit too petty, even for her -- but really, the lack of effort annoys her. -

- Bright colors. Her eyes are sensitive. -

- Getting wet. -

- Dogs. -

Strengths:

+ Quick-witted. Ai can think of something to say or the best thing to do incredibly quickly in a situation. +

+ Social prowess. She knows when to push and how much before she has to back up, knows how to get on peoples' good sides with humor, generally how to keep on a conversation, whatever. She's very much a charismatic person. +

+ Perception. In the art of observing and assuming, she isn't a god, but she's certainly pretty good at it. +

Weaknesses:

- Reckless. Even with all her plans and acting in the background and whatnot, she cannot fight her childish instinct to light that firework that's been unwisely left with her two feet away from her face. -

- Weak. She would lose a wrestling contest with a ten-year-old. -

- Emotional closeness. As good as she is at making friends, she's remarkably bad with everything that comes with the territory -- comforting people is beyond her, so the best she can offer is an awkward smile, an absence of any remarks, and a "there, there" pat on the back. -

Hates: Getting caught off guard. It's rare for her, so comfortable in her own bubble of built-up facades and plans and backup plans and quick-thinking, and even imagining being caught in a moment where she can't think of anything gives her goosebumps. She's not a fan.

Fears: Dogs. They've always inexplicably scared the shit out of her.

⊱—- ⚜ —-⊰

Physical Health: She's doing alright. Not particularly sickly or anything, just... not strong. At all.

Mental Health: No.

Immune System: Not that good, not that bad. She's gotten the flu her fair share of times but she doesn't get sick at the drop of a hat, so that's that, she supposes.

Allergies: A mild allergy to bee stings.

Addictions: Smoking. Technology, too, if it counts.

⊱—- ⚜ —-⊰

Backstory: Ai was born (she assumed; recently, it's come to light that that was most likely not the case) in Japan, where she was taken in by a Japanese mother and Chinese father. Their family already had a boy (also adoptive), her older brother, and would, a few years later, have a girl (biological) who would be her younger sister.

Generally, their time together was loving, albeit dysfunctional; her mother was temperamental and yelled easily, her father was pleasing and gave too much, her brother tried too hard to take care of everyone while simultaneously balancing all his extracurriculars and her sister was just generally a mess. With Ai, her role in the household was to be the mediator -- to recognize the mood and lighten it whenever everything got to be too much, to make sure no one ever got pushed too far.

She was unmistakably smart and excelled in school, but never applied herself much beyond that. Instead of taking up extracurriculars and making a good resume for herself, she holed herself up in her room, reading manga or watching random shit on the web in her free time when she wasn't playing the mediator in her home or the class clown in her school. She, after all, thought she deserved the break, and losing herself in stories, irony, and stupid, mindless content seemed a good way to pass the time, far more than actually doing anything productive.

She was in the middle of deciding, out of the fact that she'd been working with them her whole life and she didn't really want to think about it any harder, to go into something computer science related when she fell through on her mediating activities and things finally got to be too much. Her parents divorced when Ai was 13, her mother getting rights to all the children as the Japanese citizen in the relationship, and her father left the country shortly after without anything validating his green card.

Life after that was rough. Her mother's family were mainly unsupportive of them due to her affair with Ai's father, meaning they offered no aid with their new financial deficit with only one working parent. The social situation was also bad due to no gentleness to offset her mother's harsh nature -- her brother and Ai had to work twice as hard in their attempts to parent and mediate respectively because of it (and Ai had to work even harder when her brother eventually moved out), and their sister was no help at all.

Things got worse when their mother got ill and died when Ai was 16. As soon as their father found out, he hurried his way back to Japan. Some discussion ensued between him and his now-adult son, and eventually, they decided that (due to their respective financial situations) Ai's father would take her back to China while her little sister would remain with their brother.

Adjusting to China was difficult. Her Mandarin was there, but not the best, and while her father was sweet and supportive, he knew all too little in dealing with her issues. Following along with her old hobbies was now difficult due to media censorship and making any connections, either with people or the world around her in general, was difficult due to the language barrier. Her father pushed her to do better academically, and she, at least, was able to do that, so she did her best she built connections, worked, and charmed, doing her best to do better in reputation and academically out of the inability to really do anything else.

It was tiring.

She hated life.

Eventually, she managed to secure herself a big role in the IT industry when she was about 25, still living with her father all the while. It didn't make her feel any better. She still had a grand disconnect between her and the outside world, but she couldn't really leave China out of all of the work she'd done to make her life there.

And then she got teleported to a whole other world. That was fun.

Theme Song(s): Bitter Choco Decoration by syudou / Under My Skin by Jukebox The Ghost / Look Who's Inside Again by Bo Burnham / Choice by Jack Stauber

Other: Japanese accent, stronger in Mandarin than it is in English. She knows how to ride a motorcycle.

╚══════════════.❖.═════╝

-[ 4 ]-

┈┈┈┈┈┈┈ .⭒・𓆩⋆𓆪・⭒. ┈┈┈┈┈┈┈

"It'll all go fine if you look away when it doesn't!"

𓆩⋆𓆪 ASTER KRISTANSEN 𓆩⋆𓆪

[ male - brawn - forest spirit - stayed - bisexual - mono ]

===========

Full Name: Aster Reese Kristansen

Nickname(s): Whatever you can think of. He doesn't care.

Alignment: Lawful Good

Magic: Aster can understand any animal and they can understand him in turn (though, in life, he's found that most don't really have anything of value to say). The same goes for the trees and plants, though the issue of "they don't have anything to say" is even worse for them. On a more useful note, Aster does not need to eat and can get rejuvenated by simply connecting with nature for a little bit (though he still does need to sleep). He can also trade energy with nature -- he can give a little bit of his own in order to grow plants, or he can take theirs in order to make himself stronger.

»»——- ★ ———««

Appearance: Aster just has the appearance of a person who's gonna go far and knows it. He has a good amount of muscle on him, though most of it is probably in his shoulders due to the incredibly heavy antlers that rest upon his head -- it's only through years of practice that the man can hold his head up 15 hours of a 24 hour day, really. A few leaves are attached to those antlers, occasionally shed and regrown here and there, typically around fall and then spring respectively; he makes sure to take good care of them, as dead or ingrown leaves reflect badly on him, and he can't have that.

His actual face is pretty alright, with a strong nose and a strong jaw that holds an equally strong smile (or, occasionally, an annoyingly smug one). His eyes are wide, colored a muddy sort of green color that brightens considerably when he's given attention. His hair is colored a pale sort of brown, and it's incredibly fluffy at that -- it falls across his head and face in waves, curling against his skin all the way down to his mid-neck. It and his eyebrows, thick and noticeable, only work to accentuate the earthy qualities of his skin, a rich tan in color. In turn, his skin (which is generally pretty soft, all things considered -- he didn't even need to put effort into that one!) works to accentuate his figure, well-built and all; he's made for a mix of agility and brute strength, with an inverted triangle figure thanks to the broad shoulders awarded to him from the task of constantly holding those gigantic antlers. Lean muscle adorns his arms and legs, accompanied with just a bit of bulk; his hands, especially, are strong and calloused and ready for a fight (or really just about anything). He stands at roughly 6'2", a bit short for a forest spirit, but in his mind, the rest of his figure more than makes up for it.

A smattering of freckles appear in random spots on his body, like his shoulders, hips and some areas of his legs; a few can be found here and there on his face, too, were one to look closely. Scars are far more common, varying in size and origin; the only thing that can't be found repeatedly is a birthmark on his bicep, a dark patch in some straight-edged shape he can't quite make out. (He'd later find out that it was the shape of a book, which seemed an insult to his intelligence considering your pairing mark is supposed to specialize in the opposite of yourself. He forgave the Twins for that particular transgression, though.)

Attire & Accessories: At the expense of absolutely horrid fits the better part of the time, Aster wears whatever's available to him and easy to move in. Even the latter bit is optional, though -- anything, really, is movable so long as you're willing to rip the sleeves off or don't give a shit about a few tears. After all, 27 years of life has taught him that you can work with anything so long as you just don't care enough.

Personality: Aster believes in himself. That's a fact that's clear from first impression all the way down to the eventual last -- Aster has complete and utter confidence in himself, his own abilities, and just about everything he does. It's almost contagious in how prevalent it is in everything he does, evident in his lack of hesitation quite literally ever whenever he does anything. No matter what, he's confident it will go the best way it could for him -- because, really, why would it not? It doesn't matter what the situation is, what he has on him, or really anything. He's sure it'll go alright. It's almost maddening, how optimistic he is in that sense, and it's even more maddening when he's right and things do turn out fine and he gets that smug look on his face that he always gets when he's right. At that point, it's almost better that things just go badly forever lest Aster picks up that things did go well once again and gloats about it for the next few months.

Cockiness and smugness comes with a love for attention -- Aster's a person who loves being at the forefront of it all. Loves the admiration, loves being a showstopping force, loves everything that comes with being a main character in peoples' eyes. He's just as much a fan of eyes on him as he is a fan of being right, and he'll do a lot in order to make sure he's the center of attention. He's a hard worker when it comes to that -- always finding more legends to attach to his names, more places to go, more tales to create, more ways to get people to notice him and his accomplishments. He's constantly working hard, making himself stronger and cleverer and anything he can do to make a better story out of himself -- it's his driving force, and it's something he does no matter how hard the goals he sets for himself are just in order to set himself apart from the crowd. He'll do just about anything to make an adventurer and a hero in the eyes of the people of himself, even if it just about crushes him, and he drinks up the attention that comes from it greedily.

Despite all that, Aster does have a genuine kindness about him. It doesn't necessarily go against his confident nature as much as it is because of it -- he thinks he's allowed to do anything, that he can do anything, and even with all the choices in the world, he always chooses to be kind. He tries his best to be friendly to everyone, help the ill and mend the broken, even if he isn't particularly good at it, because if he has the power and fortune to do harm, then he can just choose to do well, instead. Those sorts of ideals are important to him, and it's in great part why he's so well-liked despite how often he's utterly obnoxious.

Generally, Aster tries his best to be good -- he's generally a pretty friendly, extroverted guy, one who tries to make sure neither himself nor anyone else are ever lonely. He shares what he's given, both in material possession and in emotion, trying to share his happiness with everyone -- in that, he's a very supportive person, always sure things will go the best they can for everyone and doing whatever he can to secure that. He includes other people in most of the stuff he does, whether just small and mundane or an idea for a dumb little competition he wants to do, and even when people turn him down, he doesn't take it personally -- or, really, he doesn't take anything personally. He could take a thousand insults and only pout a little, just to bounce back up a few seconds later, throw an arm around their shoulder and invite them to do something else with him. He doesn't care about being beaten down, betrayed, or really anything -- not particularly wise, considering he'll typically remain friendly with people even when it's been proven he shouldn't trust them at all, but he does it nonetheless. The only person he's capable of being disappointed in is himself, and when he's disappointed in himself, it hits him hard. He'll go into a whole depression over it.

Aster is also very much goal-driven, both by those he sets himself and those set by other people. The latter happens often -- he'll really do anything a person asks of him, no matter how ridiculous, and he'll work hard and consistently at those goals until he just about forgets everything else. Most common is that he neglects taking care of himself when he's all focused on getting something done, but far rarer is when he forgets to help out other people on his way there. No matter how deep into his goals he gets, he'll never forget his ideals. Those are just too important to him.

»»——- ★ ——-««

+ The snow. It's pretty rare where he's from, so seeing it is always a delight. He loves snow fights. +

+ Cooking. He knows what materials are edible and what to use as spices and whatnot and he's great at putting that knowledge to good use. Most of the time. +

+ Doing anything with other people. +

+ High-quality sodas. Not the really processed brands, but sometimes, he'll find a really good one. +

+ Wine. +

+ Any animal he can wrestle with. +

+ Multiplayer first person shooter games. He is all for going outside, but you know. If he isn't going to... +

Dislikes:

- Arithmetic. He does his best at it, he really does, but it just makes his head spin when he looks at it too long... -

- When he is not allowed to wrestle with animals. -

- When he's not allowed to wrestle in general. He generally follows the rules, but that doesn't mean he won't complain about it. -

- Being forced to sit down for too long. -

- Having to be inside too long. It makes him feel a bit sick, especially when he isn't doing anything interesting there. -

Strengths:

+ Physically strong. He can throw a damn good punch. +

+ His ability to take an emotional hit. He isn't kept down by much of anything, so he tends to be as clear-headed as he can be the better part of the time. +

+ Perseverance. If he's decided he'll see something through, he will see that thing through. +

Weaknesses:

- Pushover. He'll do whatever people tell him to and he never thinks to cut toxic people out of his life. -

- Overly optimistic. He thinks everything will always go well, even if it very clearly won't. -

- Terrible priorities. Enough said. -

Hates: When he finds out he's not good at something. Usually, a discovery like this comes with a period of depression, shortly followed by a single-minded Aster only intent on getting good at whatever he'd failed at. Ultimately productive, but addled with misery.

Fears: Falling from where he is now. He's pretty happy with his life and even happier with the constant upwards trajectory it's been taking, so the thought of everything he's fought to have eventually being taken away from him scares the shit out of him.

»»——- ★ ——-««

Physical Health: In peak shape, as always.

Mental Health: Pretty good!

Immune System: Thanks to his habit of eating a lot of dirt when he was a child, he is immune to various poisons (and also disease from most woodland animals, I guess). He, however, is highly susceptible to several illnesses from the city. Whoops.

Allergies: None to speak of.

Addictions: Nope.

»»——- ★ ——-««

Backstory: Aster was a very much unsupervised child, as well as a very bored one. Considering that he, as you would expect of a forest spirit, was raised smack dead in the middle of a very active, very lively forest, it's almost a wonder that the man lived long enough to become an adult.

As a kid, he had a habit of bothering the woodland animals. A lot. He had a lot of hobbies at that time -- wrestling with cubs, eating whatever berries, mushrooms, and handfuls of dirt he could find, getting violently sick, getting yelled at by his parents and then going on to do it all again. He was a fairly adventurous soul, going around and doing whatever he wanted and then some -- not only that, though, but he was also an incredibly goddamn lucky one, considering the sheer amount of times he'd almost walked straight into the arms of death and somehow gotten out of it with absolutely nothing but dumb, oblivious luck on his side.

Being raised with little to no supervision did well for him, and whenever he was grouped up with other children, he always had a lot to show them. He was the center of attention -- athletic and able to traverse harsh, dense terrain easily, in-depth knowledge of edible plants, etc. He was especially a hit with the lost children that wandered into the forest as a gentle soul that knows exactly how to guide them back out and to their homes.

A mix of good luck, the admiration of others and knowledge of his own skill led Aster, after hearing the grand tales of adventurers who followed in the Twins' stories' footsteps, to decide to become a hero. So he did -- he started heading away from the confines of the Kristansen forest in order to take on bounties, go on journeys, and really do whatever he could in order to get a reputation.

And it was a lot of whatever he could. Whatever could set him apart from the average person, whatever he could do to maybe just get a little more -- and it always went well, his fortune always saved him in the end, so then he'd go on and pile on a little more. Aster was always doing a thousand things at a time, taking on a hundred quests and helping another hundred people while doing it, doing favors and going places and getting money and all the works. And in the end, he did manage to scrounge up a bit of a reputation, and that only worked to grow his ego and make him glow even brighter, grow even more intent on sharing his joy with the people around him.

Him getting chosen for the twins' story only worked to grow his ego further, of course.

Theme Song(s): Karma by Top Bunk / Radio by Johnny Manchild and the Poor Bastards / Ghost by nelward

Other: If he were to have an accent, it would probably be mostly American with a slight bit of Australian. Taught himself to be ambidextrous from a young age but is naturally right-handed.

┖┈┈┈┈┈┈┈.⭒・𓆩*𓆪・⭒. ┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┚

Edited at August 10, 2023 03:07 PM by ThisIsAPackName
See the Other Side | TIAPN x Overthink101December 27, 2022 12:05 AM

Overthink101

Neutral

Give Award

WIP

|~| Rhett |~|

Pair: Brain.

Related to Pair?: Yep.

Species: Human.

New Species: Forest Spirit.

Sent or Stayed?: Sent.

Magic: Talking to animals and plants, trading energy with nature, and no longer needing to sleep or eat? Definitely strange. But that’s all he’s got, for now.

Alignment: Lawful Neutral.

/~/

Full Name: Rhett Frowin Sherwood.

Name Meaning:

Rhett; “Advice, Counsel.”

Frowin; “Wise friend.”

Sherwood; “Bright forest.”

/~/

Sexuality: Apresexual.

/~/

Birthdate: September 9th.

Zodiac: Virgo.

How Old Do They Appear: He probably looks anywhere from Mid 20s to Mid 30s depending on factors like clothing, posture, and expression.

/~/

Appearance:

eventually

Rhett stands about average at 5’ 8”, though he usually seems 5’ 7” or 5’ 6” due to how hunched his posture is. His skin tone is a tan color with mostly neutral, somewhat green undertones. Frankly, his skin isn’t as dark as it used to be, but he stopped going out as much at some point so his skin lightened a bit as a result. Not much, just enough to not be a rich, dark tan. He has freckles everywhere, they’re dark and scattered along his shoulders, face, legs, arms- They’re everywhere.

--

Rhett has a square face shape with a strong jawline, free of any stubble or facial hair. Now for the nose, he has a smaller nose. It’s straight, with a slight point, but it’s definitely on the smaller side. As for lips, he’s got thin lips that also end up in some nervous, hesitant looking expression regardless of how much he tries to go for literally anything else.

--

His eyebrows are quite a bit thinner than average, though they do have a rather obvious arch. Finally, his eyes are a deepset upturned round shape. The color? A deep, chocolate brown with a few lighter shades of brown to give it a certain kind of texture that makes them seem also dead or without light. His face is framed by short hair, kept short enough to stay out of his eyes. The hair itself though is a fluffy mess, a dark brown color that looks similar to most chocolate frostings.

--

His body structure can basically only be described as bony, thin, and scrawny. Everything about his structure screams that he is in no way meant for muscle or really any kind of physical activity. He weighs in at a thin 125 lbs, with his BMI at a healthy 19.00, though he’s definitely on the thin side. He also has a birthmark of what looks like some sort of a weight at his left bicep. Something he thinks is incredibly ironic, given how much he’s physically inclined. Which is not at all.

--

For scars… Rhett has a few, though definitely not that many. The most obvious is the one directly below his right eye, from an accident he was in as a kid. Other than that one though, he only has some really old ones that line his arms.

New Appearance:

eventually

Upon arriving in Vebreo, Rhett gained some inches, enough so to reach 6’ 5”, and though his hunched posture would have his height at 6’ 4” or 6’ 3”, his new tall antler-branches thing causes him to actually seem 7’ 5” or 7’ 6”. His skin tone is still a tan color with mostly neutral, somewhat green undertones. Frankly, his skin isn’t as dark as it used to be, but he stopped going out as much at some point so his skin lightened a bit as a result. Not much, just enough to not be a rich, dark tan. He has freckles everywhere, they’re dark and scattered along his shoulders, face, legs, arms- They’re everywhere.

--

Rhett has a square face shape with a strong jawline, free of any stubble or facial hair. Now for the nose, he has a smaller nose. It’s straight, with a slight point, but it’s definitely on the smaller side. As for lips, he’s got thin lips that also end up in some nervous, hesitant looking expression regardless of how much he tries to go for literally anything else.

--

His eyebrows are quite a bit thinner than average, though they do have a rather obvious arch. Finally, his eyes are a deepset upturned round shape. The color? A deep, chocolate brown with a few lighter shades of brown to give it a certain kind of texture that makes them seem also dead or without light. His face is framed by short hair, kept short enough to stay out of his eyes. The hair itself though is a fluffy mess, a dark brown color that looks similar to most chocolate frostings.

--

His body structure can basically only be described as bony, thin, and scrawny. Everything about his structure screams that he is in no way meant for muscle or really any kind of physical activity. Along with the height, he gained some weight too, not much- Just enough to even to the proportions he had before at 160 lbs, with a BMI of 18.97. Well, not counting the antler things, at least, as those cause his weight to be more like 175 lbs.

--

As for his old birthmark? Now it’s a muddy green, or dark blue color. He can’t really tell which color it is. It looks cool, sure, but it’s still incredibly ironic too. But onto those weird antler things… Really, he can’t tell if they’re antlers with leaves growing on them or just branches jutting out of his skull. Because that’s what they look like. Two big antlers or branches with leaves growing from them.

--

For scars… Rhett has a few, though definitely not that many. The most obvious is the one directly below his right eye, from an accident he was in as a kid. Other than that one though, he only has some really old ones that line his arms.

Voice: Rhett’s voice is higher pitched than a lot of boys. A tenor or countertenor, if you will. It is not squeaky, just pitched higher. He also tends to stutter, speak quietly, and not hold many people’s attention through words.

Attire: Rhett usually dresses with a turtleneck or sweater, suit jacket or trench coat, and black pants. Shoes are a little less professional, usually just being converse or vans of some kind. Frankly, he finds his attire comfortable, though he knows not everyone would really agree with that.

Jewelry/Accessories: When it comes to jewelry, his ears aren’t pierced and he doesn’t do things like gloves or scarves(unless it’s winter and cold outside), bracelets, or anything else. Really the only accessories he has are his circular prescription glasses and a necklace with two bronze gears hanging from the brown thread.

/~/

Personality:

Calm | Intelligent | Repressed Anger | Modest | Anxious | Responsible | Meek | Judgemental | Practical | Sarcastic | No Sense of Self | Workaholic | Organized | Aware | Polite | Quiet | Pushover | Logical | Cautious | Realistic | Careful | Keen | Planner | Hidden Sass | Alert | Self-Conscious

Likes: Studying, Solitude, Books, Nature, Technology, Learning, Robotics, Tea, Photography, Autumn, Stars, Reading/Writing, Coffee, Video Games, Nerd Jokes, Vintage Stuff, Sleep, Privacy, Sci-Fi, and Animals.

Dislikes: Sudden Loud Noises, Sudden Bright Light, Impulsivity, Summer, Swearing, Exercise, Attention, Socializing, Crowds, Failure, Immaturity, Conflict, Small Spaces, Hot Weather, Physical Activity, Being Underestimated, Overly Sweet Food, Pessimists, Idealists/Optimists, and Needless Violence.

Hates: Change, Inequality, Animal Cruelty, Favoritism, and Irrationality.

Fears: Mostly, getting angry, he used to have a terrible temper. He also isn’t a big fan of heights or small spaces.

/~/

Hobbies: Photography, Reading, Mind Puzzles, Writing, Robotics, Video Games, Studying, and Learning New Things.

Strengths: Robotics, Engineering, Photography, Keen, Rather Fast Reflexes, Observant, Realistic, Responsible, Organized, Intelligent, Calligraphy, Stealth, and Technology.

Weaknesses: Aloof, Sarcastic, Workaholic, Ill Tempered, Physical Strength, Anxious, Insomniac, Apprehensive, Stressed, Self-Conscious, and Pushover.

Posture: Frankly, Rhett’s posture sucks. He’s constantly hunched, even when he isn’t trying to, due to years spent huddled over desks. More than that, the way he walks and stands tends to make him easy to look over. Eyes slide over him as if he doesn’t really exist, as if he’s invisible to everyone around him. And honestly, it’s something he kind of likes most of the time.

/~/

Physical Health: He’s no hulking muscle, he’s nowhere close even. But his physical health also isn’t terrible, per se. He does, however, have some mild asthma. Not enough to need an inhaler, but it does affect his stamina and breathing a bit. He’s partially blind in his right eye and near-sighted in both.

Mental Health: Generalized Anxiety, Mild to Severe Depression, and Mild Insomnia.

Immune System: It isn’t impeccable, but it’s definitely not the worst.

Allergies: None, surprisingly.

/~/

Ex(es): None, he hasn’t ever been in a relationship before…

/~/

Trivia: He’s ambidextrous, but has a heavy preference for his right hand.

Themesong(s):

To Be Human by MARINA.

Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger by Daft Punk.

TV Head by Elliot Lee.

overwhelmed by Royal & the Serpent.

breathin’ by Thomas Sanders and Foti.

Overwhelmed by Ryan Mack.

Anxiety by Anna Clendening.

Antidote by Faith Marie.

Panic Room by Au/Ra.

Hiding from the Truth by Mcki Robyns-P.

Anxiety Song by Human Petting Zoo.

Toxic Thoughts by Faith Marie.

Mistakes by Amanda Joy.

Trees by Twenty One Pilots.