Wolf Play : Lunar Frost x Sir Froggington (Candor)
Chatbox
 *Hollystar*
12:26:56 Holly
Me realizing PVP is not a good way to gain BE >.<
 Zeraphia
12:18:30 Vah was attacked
Techno

Oooh I can't wait for the lore.

Mmh lore
 technoblade
12:18:05 Lil Techy | Techno
Zera

I think it was fit for him. Now I just gotta give him lore befitting the world I dropped him in.

Sal

One day he'll get art too
 Salom_
12:17:01 Sal, Salmon
Techno
Ooo nice! Equine adopts are always fun
 Zeraphia
12:16:49 Vah was attacked
:D

That--that makes a lot of sense now. I did not put two and two together--
 technoblade
12:16:23 Lil Techy | Techno
Zera

Inspired by the person who created him
 Zeraphia
12:15:39 Vah was attacked
That's such a good name--I love it
 technoblade
12:15:00 Lil Techy | Techno
-Click-

New OC time :D
 Zeraphia
12:09:22 Vah was attacked
Goofy

Oh man. I hate trying to think of what I want for birthday/Christmas.

I never know what I want in general, a holiday isn't going to change it
 mission goofy
12:02:53 
fuck just got hit with the first "do you know what you want for your birthday" no i dont know i only just remembered it existed this morning when its like 2 weeks away 😭
 Nevermore.
11:57:10 Never/Nev
My dog is doing everyone he can to fit all 115 pounds of him onto the chair I'm sitting on. There must be a storm coming lmao
 Existence
11:55:17 Exist / Kuskyn
Lords above I came back to 18 game messages what on earth xD
 technoblade
11:50:50 Lil Techy | Techno
I got a conquer quest for jungle how fun
 mission goofy
11:45:36 
my hip Does Not Like Me right now ouch
 mission goofy
11:42:48 
finally home heehoo
 Destinations End
11:42:10 Toliska, Desti, Coy
Hey again
 Continental Wolves
11:41:52 Emmet , Spoopy Wolf
Red
Just know one day you'll get something thrown back at you
 Red River Wolves
11:40:37 Redd Dead
Emmet,
What? I don't use them so they're just going to get stolen lol.
And I only had 11. I've been switching between jungle and tundra
 technoblade
11:39:01 Lil Techy | Techno
Emmet

Damn they beat me to it ;-;
 Continental Wolves
11:38:30 Emmet , Spoopy Wolf
Techno
Red sent me 11 but id assume they have more

Refresh

You must be a registered member for more
than 1 day before you can use our chatbox.
Quests
Alliance Battles
Challenges

Hourly Damage Variances
Red Fox : -4
Spotted Hyena : -3
Jackal : +1
    Winter   Day  Weather:  Sunny

Forums

→ Wolf Play is a fun game! Sign Up Now!

My Subscriptions
My Bookmarks
My Topics
Latest Topics
Following
Forums > Roleplay > 1x1
   1    2 

Lunar Frost x Sir Froggington (Candor)December 19, 2021 01:34 PM

Sir Froggington

Lightbringer

Give Award
supernatural x hunter
Jack goes to her city after a dangerous supernatural. He asks her to help him. Later she uses her magic and he catches her in the act? What will happen?
Aderyn x Jack

Edited at December 24, 2021 03:18 PM by Sir Froggington
Lunar Frost x Sir Froggington (Candor)December 20, 2021 06:20 AM

Nevaehina's Den

Neutral

Give Award
Name:
Aderyn Devane
[Ah- deh- rin]
Welsh- "bird"
Nickname(s):
Rin, Addy, Little bird
"Look at it! It's adorable!"
Sexuality:
Straight
Species:
Faiman (Fae)
A human and fairy hybrid. Or a half breed.
Appearance:
Standing at 4'8", Rin is fair skinned with a few freckles scattered here and there and carries a welcoming feel about her. She has a few curves, possessing a toned body to an extent although she is not athletically built. If you're going to survive in this world one must be fit, but despite this Rin couldn't shake her naturally curvy physique. Her short form makes one doubt that she could possibly pose a threat. When looking at her, one would say that she's a bit over the average weight for her height, resulting in a generally short and round appearance. Her chest size included. She doesn't mind, however, as her mother shared the same physique. The only traits she had received from her father had been his eyes and his freckled complexion.
Her round face is often framed by her shoulder length hair, though she prefers to wear it in braided hairstyles to keep it out of her face when busy. Her hair is dark brown with a few lighter strands here and there. She has a softly shaped jaw, a button nose that's dotted in freckles and plump lips. Her eyes are a soft green, paired with long eyelashes. Her appearance is quite average, not having much that would cause her to stand out but enough for one to say she looks "cute". She is of Scottish origin. She has a nasty burn scar on her left hip, causing a slight limp.
Personality:
▪︎Energetic, loveable, creative, lazy▪︎
Rin is a people person, always wanting to be around others and to spend time with them. She cares about their wellbeing and has a strong need to make them feel valued and appreciated. She tends to ask too many questions and is very much aware that she might be perceived as annoying to some. This trait is due to her fae origin, as faeries are naturally curious and playful beings. She has two older brothers and no mother to speak of, so she was raised to be strong and competitive. But one should take note, being competitive is not her strong suit and she has no desire to fight over trivial things or matters. She'd rather give in or give up, causing others to think of her as either a coward or just plain lazy. She loves taking naps, or simply lounging around wherever she finds a comfy spot.
However, she does also spend a lot of time by herself. This could result in people thinking that she's a loner. But the times she spends alone is used to read, to write or explore the world around her. It's the way she recharges at the end of the day.
She was forced to grow up, causing her to not have much of a childhood. So now as an adult, those suppressed urges of exploring and discovering the world around her had resulted in childish behaviour and tendencies. She's curious about the world, a hunger for knowledge about humans and supernatural alike. She's very energetic and enthusiastic, perhaps a little too much sometimes. She also loves to share her knowledge, not in a condescending manner, but to share the wonders that she had learned and others could enjoy. As such, she loves telling stories or writing them down for later.
- Stargazing - Spending time with children - Exploring - Playing harmless pranks with her magic - Reading - Giving and receiving hugs (she won't admit it though) - Snow - The beach
Dislikes:
- Surprises - Being insulted - Swimming - Big, deep bodies of water - Not being in the loop
Strengths:
-Agile - Skilled in hand-to-hand combat - Trained with twin daggers - She's a great storyteller - Knowledge from her books
Weaknesses:
- She can't swim - She's near sighted, so a bow and arrow is a nope - She has a slight limp from an old injury, so it's more of an inconvenience - Children (She can't help it, they're just too cute!)
Kin:
Father- Michāel Devane (56)
Mother- Daryä Devane (Deceased)
Brother- Keithãn (34)
Brother- Liánol (31)
Occupation
Florist
FLORA FINDS. It's a small but decently sized flower shop situated close to the centre of the town. Rin works for the owner, a little old lady. Thanks to her natural affinity for plant/ earth magic, Rin's magic keeps the bouquet flowers fresh for longer and the potted plants for sale has less of a chance dying in the customer's hands. She also does flower arrangements for weddings etc. so she gets to visit any and every location the twon has to offer. She even does at home bouquet deliveries. You can usually find her somewhere in the shop, either chatting with a customer or tending to the plants. Surprisingly, Rin gets to meet quite the variety of people, including supernatural, at the flower shop.
"Stars are like people... They're beautiful and distant."

Edited at December 29, 2021 04:02 AM by Lunar Frost
Lunar Frost x Sir Froggington (Candor)December 20, 2021 01:04 PM

Sir Froggington

Lightbringer

Give Award

Name

Jack Lancaster

24 years

Male

Appearance

He has an chiseled face, and it’s pretty smooth. He has a sharp chin line, which may get soften as he matures. He keeps his face clean shaven. He has a medium nose bridge and his nose is small. His hands are smaller than the average male, and his fingers are long and slender reminiscent of an artist’s. The callouses and scars tell you that these hands have not had an easy time. He has thick thick thick straight dark brown hair with mainly ash blond highlights. It often gets tangled and gnarled. It is thick, healthy and shiny and he likes to do many things with his hair, so that he can show it off and grab some attention.

Sometimes he grows it out and keeps it tied in a ponytail. At the moment he has it cut to where a longer length of hair is on top and significantly shorter sides. He has bushy brows that have to be plucked to be kept tamed and decent looking. Underneath his wide set brow are his light grey, blue green eye color. He is about 5 feet 10 inches with a slim build, and he has a medium to light skin tone. He is pretty slim and is about 130 pounds. He has nice straight white teeth, which makes for a pretty smile. He has thick eyelashes, that people often comment on if they get close to him.

Many girls are jealous of his eyelashes. He has medium sized lips that are pinkish nude. He is ambidextrous, but he leans more toward his right. This has helped his muscles, so they aren’t as lop-sided like some people who have competence with weapons. Because not everyone that he comes across knows that he is ambidextrous, he likes to keep that as an ace up his sleeve. He wears basic colors that everyone wears: greens, browns, grays, blacks, or whites. Blue is for nicer occassions. He wears soft noise absorbing shoes. His clothes are very plain and common.

(He keeps thin for professional interests. It's hard to sneak into places when you are as large as a house.)

Personality

He is a bit quiet and aloof. As long as he isn't the center of attention, talking has never got him anywhere. He likes to be quiet and listen to what is going on around him. He is pretty smooth, and he's a fast thinker. He has managed to get out of punishments that way using his brain. He has a quiet confidence and he isn't one to quail from fear. He can be bold and he does what needs to be done. At first glance he is respectful and polite. He may be quiet, but he seems nice. He tries to please, and he's helpful. He's a smooth talker.

He's not afraid of conflict, and often he's the cause of it. He is very good at persevering, because he continues to work at something until he succeeds. He's patient, and he is fine with taking a long time to accomplish something. He's not one for taking unnecessary risks, so he often takes a long time. He likes to upset things hoping that he can take advantage of the moment. He's a natural loner, and prefers to be by himself. He is sly and intelligent, so it's hard to catch him in the act. He's naturally sneaky and he has a talent for lying. He is good at keeping things to himself. He doesn't like to depend on others, so he's not good at team work.

He is very observant and she has a quick wit. If someone is slower than him, which is often, he can be annoying and condescending. He is quick to react to changes, and he is highly adaptable. If he wasn't so smart, he might not be near as annoying, and as good at manipulating. He has a long memory, and he holds long grudges. He knows how to be sophisticated, and to fit in with social graces, but he has to want to do it. He knows how to have a sense of humor, but he often doesn't bother with laughing. He is good at making himself look older or younger, depending on the situation.

He keeps his emotions close to his chest, as if they were a well of secrets. At times you can see the hidden emotions flair, but he quickly masters himself. The one emotion he tends to let others know is displeasure and disdain.

Quiet, observing, being alone

Dislikes

Crowds of people he is expected to interact with (he doesn't mind them if he is using them to hide in), supernaturals, halfbloods, stupidity, being bested

Strengths

Knowledge of how to kill, blending in, versatile and quick to adapt, physically fit

Weaknesses

Backstory:

One half blood supernatural pretended to be human. A hunter came for the supernatural, and the halfblood killed Jack's younger sister Merida because the halfblood panicked. He is now on a mission to exterminate that species.

Family:

Merida - younger sister - dead

WIP

Lunar Frost x Sir Froggington (Candor)December 27, 2021 11:51 PM

Sir Froggington

Lightbringer

Give Award

Jack Lancaster - Hunter

He drove into town in his big silver truck. He pulled into a seedy hotel's parking lot and pulled parked near the exit. He made a mental note to have a nice hotel be a condition as part of his payment for the next job, and he promised himself that he wouldn't put any of his stuff in the room until after he had checked for bed bugs. He headed in with his wallet to claim his reservation, and then he went up to his room. The room was rather ordinary with white sheets and comforters on the beds. There was brown carpet and gray walls. He checked under the sheets for blood stains or bugs. Finding none, he decided that it was safe enough to bring in his belongings. However, he decided to save his energy he'd go out and get something to eat. He'd bring up his stuff, when he came back.

As he let his phone get access to the free wifi, he looked up the local eateries. Choosing a place that had salads, he headed back to his truck to get some food. As he drove through the town, he kept his eyes open and observant trying to get a feel for the place.

He had been told that a young woman named Aderyn Devane would be able to aid him in his search. Hunters like himself never publicized what they were doing. Not only was it frowned upon, but word could get to their target. A few of hunters had asked her where other supernaturals were, and she had a special knack or was somehow connected to them. She had always been able to give them a better idea of what they would be facing. He intended to enlist her unwitting help again if he could help it. Although the hotel was unpleasant, he decided to head back to free wifi, while he tried to figure out how to get to the place where Ms. Aderyn worked or lived. He figured she might be a little less alarmed and more willing to help if he didn't head to her private domicile.

Once he was back in the hotel parking lot, he repeated the process. This time he had his belongings, including his many weapons that he kept stored in a huge box in the back of his vehicle. He flopped on the queen sized bed in the room, and heard the springs squeak in protest. As he settled himself, he sighed a little pulling out his phone and looking up directions. Aha. That's how you get there. He thought to himself. Standing he headed back out once more determined to find her before she left for the day.

When he got there, he looked around not quite sure what she looked like. He asked for direction until he was pointed her way. He took a deep breath repeating what he expected to say to her. He would prefer to play it more subtle, and figure out what she thought of him before he was too obvious.

(Sorry this was so bad and took so long. I was waiting for you to answer my pm, but felt bad for making you wait for a starter.)

Lunar Frost x Sir Froggington (Candor)December 29, 2021 09:23 AM

Nevaehina's Den

Neutral

Give Award
Aderyn Devane ~ Faiman
Aderyn had woken up to the blaring music coming from her phone, the device functioning as an alarm. She hastily shut it off, hoping to prevent any neighbour's from making a noise complaint. After taking a few minutes to fully wake up, she started to get ready for the day.
Her apartment was quite small, though felt homey and inviting. She had no need for much space as she lived alone. Her father had remained at their country home a bit out of town while her two older brothers had moved to the big city. The Devane's weren't that tight knit of a family, so it was no surprise that they each went their separate ways.
Rin climbed out of the cab before thanking and paying the driver. She waved the driver goodbye as they drove off, watching the yellow vehicle disappear around a corner. At this, she turned to face the building, her eyes dancing over the sign above the door. FLORA FINDS, it read. She couldn't help but smile and enter the shop with newfound vigour. As she stepped inside, the bell above the door jingled, signaling her arrival. "Good morning miss Cathy!" She called into the shop, her nose instantly filled with the sweet scents of flowers all around her.
"Addy?", a soft but scratchy voice sounded behind a display of bouquets, soon revealing a feminine elderly face popping out from behind it. "You're as early as ever, dear. Don't you sleep late like all the other youngsters your age?" The elderly lady teased, causing the girl to chuckle in response. The elderly woman was short in stature and her face conveyed her age through its wrinkles, she was in her late 60s after all. The woman continued with what she had been busy with, prior to Aderyn's arrival, which had been filling the buckets with water that was used for the bouquets.
"Miss Cathy, give me a second to put down my things and I'll take over. Marie and Julius said they'd be a bit late today..." Rin respectfully informed miss Cathy as she headed for the back of the shop. She quickly put away her things in the storage room before grabbing her dark green apron. The material was decorated with various embroidered flora along with the company's name and the employee's name. The embroidery had been done by Miss Cathy as each apron was customized for each employee. The aprons functioned as a unifying uniform and also prevented the plants from soiling or staining their clothes.
"Thank you, Addy dear... Would you mind starting with the custom bouquet orders? I'll finish up with watering everything. " Miss Cathy requested the young girl before continuing with watering the plants. Rin, hummed in response and started with the bouquets. Whilst working on the bouquets, it gave her a chance to practice some magic. Since it was only the two for the time being. Though it wasn't long until the other two employees arrived and jumped in to help around the store. Later that morning, their first customer of the day arrived and from there it became a blurr.
The sound of the bell's jingle alerted the shop to another customer but everyone was quite occupied. Rin was currently helping a father-daughter pair pick flowers for a special bouquet for the mother. She was happily chatting with the little girl while the father was busy with a business call on the phone. The young girl had opted to crouch in order to be more level with the little girl as the two talked about what kind of flowers the mother liked. It didn't take the two long before deciding on the flowers and general colour of the bouquet. At this the father finalized some things with Rin before the pair left.
Rin removed a pen and notebook from her aprons pocket, quickly writing down everything regarding the previous order before she forgot anything. Her gaze had briefly landed on Marie, noticing that she was speaking with a man. She frowned when Marie pointed towards her but chose not to think much of it. Between the three employees, some clients would request a specific employee, though it was rare it most certainly wasn't unusual.
(Hope this is an alright response ^^)

Edited at December 29, 2021 09:24 AM by Lunar Frost
Lunar Frost x Sir Froggington (Candor)January 3, 2022 08:51 AM

Sir Froggington

Lightbringer

Give Award
Jack Lancaster - Hunter

When he entered the shop, he noticed a few customers. He wasn't sure which one she was at first, so he hoped that the person he asked to find Ms. Aderyn wasn't the lady herself. It was probably unusual enough that he knew her name. Not knowing her identity might help her feel safer. He observed her apron, when he was pointed in her direction. He walked to the side, trying to find a place where people would find it hard to overhear them.

"Hello. Are you Ms. Aderyn Devane? I am delighted to meet you.” He extended a hand for her to shake. “My name is Jack Lancaster. I protect people from dangerous creatures. I was hoping you could help me with something. It's a little more difficult than choosing the flower to buy for my mother, and iIt could be dangerous, which is why I need to get my job accomplished quickly. I’m new to the area, and your help would be of great assistance. If you agree to help me, it would be helpful if we could meet outside of work. I wouldn’t want to waste more of your time here. We can meet wherever you would prefer at whatever time. I don’t know this area very well, so I wouldn’t know of a good place to meet. Sooner would be better than later. I don't want anyone else to get hurt.” He had other jobs that would be lined up for him, so he could help more people. It was better not to dally.

He was rather skeptical that a young woman would come alone. It would be very unwise for her to meet a stranger by herself. “Please feel free to bring a big group with you, and tell whoever you can think of where you are going. I wouldn’t want you to feel unsafe, however I do wish to speak to you alone. Your friends can spread out throughout the place where we meet out of earshot.” He continued to try to convince her that this was urgent. She needed to give him a chance to explain what was happening. “I do have evidence that this is a nasty business. It’s been very violent. Gorey pictures. I would be willing to show you, but I wouldn't want to without warning. My predecessor didn’t survive. If you would please help me stop the loss of life, I would be very grateful.”

He rubbed his neck awkwardly and gave a self deprecating smile. “I know it’s selfish, but I would like to keep on living.” He was determined to survive with or without her help, but he hoped it would give the finishing touches to convincing her. “Here is my number if you find the need to contact me and decide if you would like to meet.” He handed her a slip of paper. “Different people in this city have had complaints and fears. I’m here to hopefully alleviate them. These people will probably never know what the cause of them was, but they will become safe once more.”

He knew that he had been more blunt than he would have wished. However, he hoped that the vagueness would entice her curiosity. He prepared himself to leave. "I wouldn't mind buying that bouquet of flowers." He pointed to some roses." He would find them someone random to give them to. If he was a paying customer, he hoped the flowers would make her feel more kindly about him. "I hope to be seeing you, and I hope that I don't get lost if you do decide to meet with me." He waited for his bouquet to be brought to him. He paid for it, tipped his head toward Aderyn, and left.

Lunar Frost x Sir Froggington (Candor)January 7, 2022 09:04 AM

Nevaehina's Den

Neutral

Give Award
Rin was busy writing in her notebook, her mind on the multiple orders that were made so far and when they had to be finished. So when she suddenly heard her name, she was a bit startled and had nearly dropped her pencil. She sheepishly took the stranger's hand and shook it, barely catching the males name as she was still recovering from her little scare. It took her mind a bit to catch up with the ordeal, though it did manage to have her put away the notebook and pencil before greeting this Jack fellow. She offered a small smile, though it quickly turned serious when the male started talking, her form tensing up when she heard him say 'dangerous creatures'.
*He's a hunter... Though this deep in the city, it's not unusual...* She thought to herself as she listened to him, not shocked by a hunter's presence. The city was full of them, though they often travelled to and from the cities while working, some even going as far as the smaller towns and farms for a job. He needed her help, no surprise there either, for he wasn't the first hunter to ask for her help. And when she had successfully helped the first one, another was soon to follow. It didn't take long for her to grow popular amongst the hunters, said hunters seeking her help from time to time. And this was one of those times.
Though let's clear up some things first. There are those of supernatural origin that greatly dislike hunters in general. They also view those few supernatural who do help or support the hunters as traitors to their own kind and treat them as things valued less than dirt. And Rin was one of those viewed as less than dirt, not only for helping hunters but for her half breed status as well. Rin doesn't mind though, for she has more human friends than supernatural ones. That and she doesn't advertise that she helps hunters, because as soon as certain supernaturals find out they could possibly want her head. Regardless, she wasn't helping the hunters out of spite for the hateful glares she'd received for being a Faiman. No, she was helping the hunters to protect humans and supernatural alike. Supernatural who've gone rogue do not care who or what they kill or harm. There are the odd instances where the supernatural being hunted was innocent and Rin could help them effectively evade the hunter's grasp, said hunter eventually dropping the hunt or realizing that they were wrong.
Her mind was dragged back to the conversation when the male handed her a piece of paper before purchasing a bouquet of Rose's and leaving. She had heard everything, her own worry growing at the realisation that the supernatural was no longer hiding itself from humans and its aggressive behaviour. She watched the male leave the store, the wheels in her mind turning at alarming speeds. "Addy dear, what's the matter? What did that young man want?" The worried voice of miss Cathy sounded from behind her causing the girl to turn around, a deceiving smile in place. "Oh he wanted to order a custom flower arrangement for a friend's party but he's in a bit of a rush so we exchanged numbers to meet up later..." the girl smoothly lied through her teeth, having just realized that the piece of paper had a number on it, the elder woman believing her too easily. "Ah alright dear... Perhaps you should leave work early today? You did put in the extra hours over the past two weeks, dear." The elder informed the girl, giving her permission to leave early. This allowed the girl to arrange a meeting with the hunter that very day. She texted him the following details:
Meet me at Café D'amour @3pm.
It's a well-known little coffee shop close to FLORA FINDS.
Do not be late.
Aderyn
~
(Minuscule timeskip. Rin's leaving work at 2pm instead of 5pm.)
~
Rin waved goodbye to miss Cathy and the other two employees before disappearing out the door. She glanced at her phone, checking the time, she saw that it was 2pm. The cafe where she would be meeting the hunter was about a 15min walk from the flower shop though headed there straight away. Soon she took a seat at the cafe, opting for outside seating hidden behind a small potted hedge. Private enough to discuss the supernatural matter and yet public enough for her own safety. She appreciated the hunter's offer to bring someone along but she knew better than involving others into their mess. By arriving early, she could easily plan any escape routes and had informed miss Cathy that she planned on meeting the 'customer' there for a more casual meeting.
Rin opted to order a coffee-vanilla milkshake while she waited for the hunter. She was in no rush, scrolling through her phone and making use of the free wifi provided by the coffee shop. Her mindless scrolling was interrupted by a rude customer complaining about their coffee being too cold and rudely telling the waiter to bring him another. The half fae saw this as a prime opportunity to use magic and teach them a lesson. She waited for the waiter to bring the customer another cup of coffee before muttering a jinx. When the customer moved to take a sip of his coffee, an invisible force bumped into their hand and causing the -now very hot- coffe to spill onto their shirt. A soft giggle escape Rin's lips at the sight, happy to see the amused gaze of the waiter as he handed the customer a napkin. Karma was a b!tch, Rin merely helped the process along.

Edited at January 7, 2022 09:54 AM by Lunar Frost
Lunar Frost x Sir Froggington (Candor)January 18, 2022 07:35 AM

Sir Froggington

Lightbringer

Give Award
Jack Lancaster - Hunter

Jack was taken aback to see how quickly and easily she lied to somebody who he assumed was a manager. Looking at his watch, he calculated how much time he had left until he needed to meet her and felt like he would have plenty of time as long as nothing unexpected occured. He raised his brow at her, but didn't argue and left quickly. If she was lying, he expected that something would happen and that she would show up. "See you around?" he said, parting ways.

Jack was rather surprised, when he received a text from Rin soon after he left. He had expected her to think harder about meeting a stranger, and he wondered if his willingness to meet her with a group at her side had anything to do with it. He made a mental note to arrive at least thirty minutes early. He wasn't sure what the traffic would be like, and he did not want to be late. Instead, he preferred to have time to scope out the place, relax, and chill for a moment. He was unfamiliar with this restaurant, so he didn't know the best and clear exit and entrance points.

When he entered, he looked around. Over by the register, he noticed someone spilling coffee. It was still steaming, and he was sure it would leave a red burn. He had to resist the urge to wince, as he imagined the stinging constant pain. He considered going over to help him. He normally kept something for burns on him, but when he finished his look around he realized that she already had a table. Instead of being early as he had hoped, he found her sitting in a private booth away from everyone, so he began to head in her direction.

He was a little surprised that she would choose such a private booth, and he realized that if more of his kind had visited her, she probably had some idea what the stakes were. Before he sat down, he inhaled deeply, because there was the nice scent of baked goods. He hoped that he would get a chance to eat. It seemed to be too good to pass up.

From a distance he noticed that she was laughing, and she appeared to be looking in the direction of the waiter. He was surprised to see that she seemed delighted by what had happened to the waiter. It was not the kind of cruelty he expected from a girl who worked in a flower shop. Either that or she had an eerie sense of humor. "You picked a nice spot," he nodded. Taking the seat across from her, his brows raised. "Is this seat fine?" He expected she didn't want him too close, although her seat was better for looking around the cafe. He looked around from where he was sitting, trying to pinpoint the best exit points from here. "How long have you been waiting? I didn't realise you'd be able to get off this early. I hope you don't mind that I tried to get here early as well."

"Were you laughing at the waiter who spilled the coffee?" He wanted to be sure about what he had seen. While talking to her, he tried not to focus too deeply on her. He wanted her to feel safe, and he didn't want her to feel interrogated. "Where did you hear about this place? Did you want to eat something?” It looked like she had already done that. "Otherwise, I am ready to talk some. I'm not sure what all I can tell you. I need help locating someone/something. I know that you can help me. You've done it before. These people are dangerous, but you know how to find them. I know, because you've done it before."

He sighed, "I don't think I need to tell you much more. You just need to tell me where I can find the cause of this." He showed her a picture of the destructions. "I'm trying to help people, and any information you can give would be helpful. I don't know the area well." At the rate he was checking out this town, it wouldn't be long before he knew the area better than she does. However, he wouldn't have this town's trust, and he stuck out by those who knew each other.

Lunar Frost x Sir Froggington (Candor)January 18, 2022 09:36 AM

Nevaehina's Den

Neutral

Give Award
Aderyn Devane
Rin's gaze remained on both the waiter and the rude customer, her pleased smirk never leaving her lips. That man got what he deserved for being so rude towards the poor waiter. She tried her best to stifle a giggle as she watched the customer pay his bill and storming off. *Good riddens!* she thought to herself though her focus was soon moved from the duo to the sound of a masculine voice. She turned to face him, nodding in reply as her prior smirk turned into a pleasant smile as her gaze met his. She didn't mind where he chose to sit as this was a free country and he could do as he pleased. "I didn't wait too long." She chirped, keeping her answer short and respectful. The wait for his arrival did not bother her in the slightest as it gave her time to organize herself and to relax a bit after work. "That's understandable. You don't know the area too well, so being a few minutes early to a meeting spot is justified." She proceeded to reassure the hunter, hoping that by doing so he wouldn't think too much of her own very early arrival. In the past, some hunters grew suspicious to her early arrival and caused mistrust between them. Rin wished to avoid that for it made both their tasks more difficult.
Though the question that soon followed caught her a bit off guard. *Was she laughing at the waiter? Fuck no, I was laughing at the rude idiot of a customer... though from his perspective, he wouldn't know at whom I was laughing at.* she reasoned in her mind before answering Jack. "No, I was laughing at the customer... He had been very rude to the poor waiter regarding his coffee being too cold. When the waiter brought him a new steaming cup of coffee, the customer managed to poor it all over himself... I laughed because that was Karma well served." She finished explaining what had occurred and why she was amused, leaving out the fact that she was the proverbial Karma in the situation. Whilst speaking, Rin took notice of how the hunter's focus was not entirely on her and yet he was still intently listening to her. She appreciated the small act, having found that when a hunter stares you down is quite uncomfortable. But the way he was around her, reminded her of when an two old friends are catching up on each other's lives. At this thought she could only chuckle internally for they were most definitely not friends. Associates perhaps. Working partners at best. "My coworkers and I often come here during our lunch breaks since it's so close to the flower shop. I'm not hungry, thank you... but if you'd like to eat something, feel free to do so." She offered the young man, not really minding if he wanted to eat something. This meeting was pretty casual and mostly so that the two can become somewhat relaxed around each other.
"I'll need some information in order to help the best I can but I also respect the need for secrecy on your part. Finding them won't be that easy, depending on how reckless they've been during these attacks. I'll help you find them, however what you do with them is beyond me... I do not wish to know. Now I only have one request in return for helping you finding that thing: do not mention my name. I only help a handful of hunters, hunters who make use of my help on a regular basis. I figured that one fo them gave my name to you and that's fine to an extent. This request is for my safety and for the safety of others dear to me... If some of the more vengeful supernatural or people find out that I'm helping hunters, it would get me killed." She promptly finished, a stern facial expression adorning her features. She really couldn't afford other supernatural from finding out about her deals with hunters. So she could only hope that this Jack fellow didn't let her name slip so easily.
She silently took the picture that was handed to her, her eyes slowly scanning the gruesome scene. Given the pretty dismantled body, Rin could determine a few things regarding possible supernatural species. That and the fact that the picture showed a familiar type of pavement that she could easily find. "I'll try my best... though I do have your first lead. See this-" she pointed to the difference in the type of pavement the body was lying on, "that patchwork pavement can only be found in the Red Light district. Back when the city was still in its starting fases, extra bricks and cobblestone were used to tidy up the area. When the roads were renewed at a later stage, this area was never redone due to it being... well the messier side of town. Whatever's attacking them knows that individuals in this area won't be reported missing necessarily, so it'll give them enough time to put distance between themselves and the victims... The only problem, well problem for them and solution for us, with this area is that the possibility of multiple witnesses are guaranteed. If you want more information regarding the killer's appearance then that's where we need to go..." Rin tried her best to explain to the hunter as to why they needed to head to the Red Light district. Hoping that her explanation and her initial hunch would be enough to help the hunter.
But there was a problem regarding the Red Light district. Not only did it embody the bad side of town, it also inhabited a lot of supernatural beings. Especially those of the demon variations known as succubi and incubi. And to top it off, the area was a well known gang war zone. "The thing is, going in broad daylight won't do you any good... You won't be bumping into the... right?... kind of people. " her gaze avoided his form, her stature becoming flustered. She was not looking forward to visiting that area when it came alive at night.

Edited at January 18, 2022 09:40 AM by Nevaehina's Den
Lunar Frost x Sir Froggington (Candor)January 27, 2022 11:20 PM

Sir Froggington

Lightbringer

Give Award
Jack Lancaster

Jack didn't like to be thrown off guard by her being here early, but it made him take a new look at her. Obviously, he had discounted all of her other experience helping other hunters. This little thing didn't mean he couldn't trust her, but it also meant that he needed to keep his guard up. There was more to her than you would think of someone who worked at a flower shop. He took a moment to not be annoyed and be thankful that she had done this. Perhaps this would save his life down the road.

He nodded his head once. "Oh." He should've paid more attention to what was going on. He nodded his head wondering if it would be a bad idea to eat. Eating caused him to put his guard down, and then it would be awkward possibly trying to talk around a large mouthful of food. "I think I'll wait towards the end to order something, or until someone comes over here angry at me for sitting here and not being a customer." He smiled easily. It made more sense why she had wanted to meet here, if this was a place she went to often. At the same time it meant she could be recognized. He supposed that most would assume they were on a date, so it might not be a big deal. She had picked a fairly private table, so he'd just have to deal with whatever happened.

He dipped his head as that made sense, and sounded reasonable. It might make him uncomfortable, but he could hardly disagree with her points. He was about to tell her that hunters didn’t throw this kind of information around, yet she had helped a few of them. How else did her name get out? It was a moot point. “Yes of course. I can keep your name to myself. A vengeful supernatural won’t come after you because I blabbed.” However, if she worked closely with him, he couldn’t promise that she wouldn’t be a target. He was just certain it wouldn’t be because he had told them. He almost told her that perhaps she should stop helping hunters, if she wanted to maintain a normal life. However, if he ever needed her help again, he didn’t want to be the one who had convinced her not to. It would be incredibly annoying.

His head cocked in disbelief as she seemed to already have a hint for him to go on. “That place sounds…safe.” His mouth twisted wryly. He cocked his head. “How did a girl in a flower shop get involved with these kinds of people?” While he supposed it was common sense that the people they wanted to find were only out at night, she seemed to have a lot of information that didn’t add up. It didn’t make sense unless he knew her source. “I will be sure to bring plenty of weapons.” He sighed. “What time do you think is best?” Perhaps he should schedule this for a different day, so he would have time to do reconnaissance and report back. At least that way he wouldn’t be going in on hearsay and second hand information.

“I don’t want to be too late. I want people to be out and about, but I feel like earlier might be better. It’ll take a while for them to get into full swing. Do you have any idea what type of supernatural made that kind of damage? If we meet sooner rather than later, where would you like to meet up before we head in? Are you sure you are willing to go into that section of the town? I think I can manage without you.” He wasn’t sure if that was true or not. He might need help, and it would be one more person to look after.

"Tell you what. You think about it. I'm going to go ahead to the counter to order something to eat." He thought it might give her a chance to think things over and plan so that things would turn out better. At the same time he had a feeling they were nearing the end of their discussion, and he wanted to take some food with him, when he was ready to go. Something about his demeanor discouraged anyone to be rude to him although he was rather being a nuissance, as he hadn't ordered when a waiter had come to his table. They told him he could go back to his seat, and he would be served hot food there.

He waited for his scone, and sandwich. There was something about scones that he particularly liked. They were thick like biscuits yet they were still sweet enough to be a dessert. He had surprised himself getting a sandwich. He normally only ate them because they were fairly quick and easy to put together. It was something normal that he was used to. He sast down with his hot cup of black coffee and raised a brow questioning if she had decided what needed to happen next.

"Unless you have an idea who this supernatural is, I suppose I'm going to have to go around and question people. I wouldn't want to get the wrong person." That would raise a lot of awkward questions. The waiter brought him his order, and he gobbled down his sandwich. He slowly nibbled on his scone, trying to make it last. "That doesn't sound like a very safe method, but I doubt working like a detective will be any better for myself. I'm assuming that people in the Red Light part of the town are like most places, they prefer not to have questions asked and they are rather suspicious of those who ask questions. I'm not sure why they are so scared of the truth. Someone is going to figure it all out someday."

He took his photo back. "Why do you help hunters Mrs. Aderyn?" She didn't seem like she had any particular hate for them. Unless she held a deep dislike of them, he found it hard to believe she was willing ot help hunters. It put a lot of personal stuff mainly her life at risk to help him.

Forums > Roleplay > 1x1
   1    2 

Refresh

Copyright ©2013-2024 Go Go Gatsby Designs, LLC    All Rights Reserved
Terms Of Use  |   Privacy Policy   |   DMCA   |   Contact Us