Wolf Play : Fallen Angel x Angel (Strictly 1x1 Only!)
Chatbox
 technoblade
12:52:26 Lil Techy | Techno
I did the math

and I would need about 140 SVs o make it to number 1 on most dominant.
 Salom_
12:51:43 Sal, Salmon
Emmet
Ooo he's pretty and has good stats. Do it
 Lady Chaos
12:50:18 
Wanna Rp? Pm me!
 Continental Wolves
12:50:18 Emmet , Spoopy Wolf
-WP Click-
Tempted to turn you female
 Salom_
12:49:48 Sal, Salmon
-WP Click-
Keep or bone?
 technoblade
12:45:14 Lil Techy | Techno
Emmet

I meant if I decided to go ham buying extra space and then SVs and Dom. With the amount I have saved up.
 Continental Wolves
12:43:36 Emmet , Spoopy Wolf
Techno
With the current amount of wolves you have you could be on the low end of the board but would need to beef up your pack to get in any of the good spots, and no doubt that you'd probably clime it
 technoblade
12:40:21 Lil Techy | Techno
Emmet

I have a feeling if I battled for dom I could make it to the LBs pretty quickly.
 Snake The Joker
12:39:14 Snake (he/Him)
-WP Click-

paws for her?
 Continental Wolves
12:36:15 Emmet , Spoopy Wolf
Techno
Mm maybe the G3-G4 ones but Im going to toss the G2's to someone
 Urux
12:35:04 Urox
Stygian :) Hiya
 technoblade
12:35:01 Lil Techy | Techno
Emmet

You're gonna flood the market XD

Also I hope you liked the headshot :D
 technoblade
12:34:39 Lil Techy | Techno
Stygian
 Snake The Joker
12:34:36 Snake (he/Him)
hi chat
 Continental Wolves
12:33:43 Emmet , Spoopy Wolf
Techno
I also just got another SV and an Albino from a different custom so 7 SV's in the last 30 minutes
 Stygian Forest
12:33:39 
Techno
 technoblade
12:32:14 Lil Techy | Techno
Emmet

Gawd damn that's a lot of SVs.
 technoblade
12:31:58 Lil Techy | Techno
Apples: 105
Mushrooms: 48,035

Time to yeet the apples into the hole with the rest.
 Continental Wolves
12:26:45 Emmet , Spoopy Wolf
Just from breeding my SV female a few times today so far i've gotten 6 SV's, 1 DS, 1 Leuc, 1 SV + SB & 1 SV+Leuc
 Klownz
12:26:14 Spider,Rake(He,Him)
I feel like what I just said is very confusing XD

Refresh

You must be a registered member for more
than 1 day before you can use our chatbox.
Quests
Alliance Battles
Challenges

Hourly Damage Variances
Wolverine : +4
Alligator : +3
Leopard : -1
    Winter   Day  Weather:  Light Rain

Forums

→ Wolf Play is a fun game! Sign Up Now!

My Subscriptions
My Bookmarks
My Topics
Latest Topics
Following
Forums > Roleplay > 1x1

Fallen Angel x Angel (Strictly 1x1 Only!)November 17, 2021 08:23 PM

Former Pack

Neutral

Give Award
You know the drill, no one posts on this forum unless you are Danger, thank you^^
Fallen Angel x Angel (Strictly 1x1 Only!)November 17, 2021 08:47 PM

Former Pack

Neutral

Give Award

THE BASICS

=========================================

Name: Miles Holland

Nicknames: None

Birth Date: August 3rd

Birth Place: San Diego

Currently Living In: Hollywood, California

Species: Fallen Angel

Ethnicity / Race: Japanese American

Citizenship: American

Religion / Beliefs: Unknown

Astrology Sign: Leo

Blood Type: O Negative

FAMILY

Father: Charles Holland

Relationship: 2/10

Mother: Ellie Holland

Relationship: 7/10

Brother(s): None

Sister(s): None

Pet(s): None

PHYSICAL FEATURES:

Height: 5”4

Weight: 124 pounds

Frame / Build: Lanky with a little muscle

Hair length: Medium-short

Hair color: Pink

Eye shape: Almond

Eye color: Pink

Complexion: Pale but clear skin

Face size (broad, narrow, etc.): Round

Voice type: Light

Foot size: 8 1/2

Tattoo(s): None

Scar(s): None

Other notable accessories: None

Any other identifying mark(s): None

INTERESTS

Favorite Food(s): Caramel Popcorn

Favorite Sport(s): Basketball and Volleyball

Favorite Book(s): None

Favorite Show(s): The Big Bang Theory

Favorite Music: Pop and Hip Hop

Favorite Color(s): Yellow and Teal

Clothing Style / Preferences: Japanese street style, casual yet modern

Hobbies: Shopping, fishing, sightseeing

Role Model(s): Unknown

Dislikes: Hot Cheetos, dogs, books

PERSONALITY

Good Qualities / Trait(s): He’s likable

Vices / Negative Trait(s): Very forgetful

Strengths: He’s good at manipulating people

Weaknesses: He’s easy to manipulate as well

Habits / Idiosyncrasies / Quirks: His voice gets higher when he’s lying, he tends to talk a lot when he’s shy or nervous.

Phobia / Fears: Losing his credit card

Loves: Cuddling

Hates: Shrimp
Face Claim:
on-Twitter.png
on-Twitter-1.png
on-Twitter.png
on-Twitter-1.png
Fallen Angel x Angel (Strictly 1x1 Only!)November 17, 2021 09:22 PM

Former Pack

Neutral

Give Award

Noe Cael Castello
(know-EH CAY-ehl cas-TELL-oh)

Nickname(s:) N/A
Date of Birth: January 3rd
Sex: Male
Pronouns: He/Him/His; Ve/Ver/Vers
Sexuality: Bisexual (men and enbies)
Ethnicity: Mixed; Korean/Hispanic Parentage
Alignment: True Neutral
Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Species: Angel

Overview:

Appearance:
Standing at just under 6’1, Noe is something of an imposing figure. He has a honey-toned complexion with cooler undertones and surprisingly clear skin, despite the dark shadows that seem to perpetually hang under ver eyes. His cheekbones sit high on his face, leading into the sharp slope of a chin, giving him a permanent, disdainful expression. Thick, black eyebrows box in intelligent eyes the color of the night sky, with a thin band of silver surrounding the pupils, and long, dark eyelashes. Ver nose is slightly-hooked, though not bulbous. Ver lips are in the shape of a thin, cupid’s bow, with a sparse upper lip and plump lower. When around others, ver face is immaculately shaved, though if you catch him off guard, you might just notice the start of a morning shadow beginning to form.
Noe sports a somewhat lanky form, with long legs and powerful shoulders. Ve has prominent collar bones and a continually upturned chin. His arms are thick and defined the only part of ver that seems to keep any noticeable muscle, and large hands with long, deft fingers. He has an impeccable posture, whether he be working online or off.
He has thick, coal-black hair that falls in soft waves to just below ver chin. Usually, He keeps it up in a small, fashionable bun on the back of his head. He doesn’t usually let others see him when it is down. He especially doesn’t let anybody touch it. Ever.

Wing Appearance
Noe shares ver wings with the Barn Owl, in both shape and color. As each angels’ wings are outward representations of themselves, it’s not hard to see why Noe might have owl wings- he is as knowledgeable as he is elegant. (Not to mention that, in most circles, especially those with less-experienced angels, seeing him is generally thought to be a bad omen.)
With that large, circular shape, and the ability to fly as silent as snow settling against the ground, Noe is both fast and scarily secretive. The outsides of ver wings are tan and brown, banded with deeper brown shades, with a slight, russet tint. Sections of white and lighter cream also stripe the feathers, and at the tips, they fade to dark brown.
The insides of his wings are pale cream, with light, red-brown speckles at the downy base, and slight bands of red-brown that cross the feathers, deepening in color as they go down. Fading from their creamy white into a shade of golden brown to dark brown at the very tips, they are quite striking.

Personality:
To be revealed through roleplay (will fill out as I go.)

Attire:
Noe is, in fact, conceited enough (and wealthy enough) to pull off what some might call the ‘dark academia’ style. With clothes in shades of tan, grey, black, and white, he has a surplus of button-up white shirts, heavy overcoats that fall to Ver knees, pockets (so many pockets,) turtleneck sweaters, slacks, gold-buckle belts, ties, and fancy, thickly-heeled work shoes. Ve always makes sure to top it off with large, looped, chain-necklaces, a surplus of earrings (he has a total of nine piercings, four on each ear, and a hidden one on this tongue that ve refuses to tell anybody else about under pain of death) and expensive-looking pocket-watches. Ve could actually look quite stylish, if not for his semi-permanent scowl.

Background:
Ve didn't ever plan on being an angel. Ve didn't even think angels existed. Ve thought, when you died, that was it. That religion was a scam, that his father was a liar.

He hates that he couldn't have been right.

Strengths:
- A determined and efficient worker, Noe gets things done quickly without sacrificing any quality -
- Ve is a very competent fighter and planner, and works well under pressure -
- Incredibly resourceful, when he wants something done, he will get it done, with time for tea after --
-- Surprisingly physically capable as well, and is not afraid of hard work- on the contrary, he enjoys a good exercise session --
-- Quite observant and perspective, due to his detailed work ethic, and tends to catch things others don’t want ver to, especially concerning body language --

Weaknesses:
- He is the opposite of a people person, and, although not incompetent in social situations, generally doesn’t do well. It’s a good thing he doesn’t care -
-- He tends to forget ver needs, and will go days or even weeks without much self-care --
-- Finds it very hard to get close to people without accidentally offending/scaring them off --
-- Very set in his ways and patterns of doing things- he knows certain things work for him, but unless he’s in an unfamiliar situation, he tends to fall back on what he knows, even if it isn’t the best thing for that moment --

Likes: Punctual people, being ahead of the game, being organized, efficiency, old libraries
Dislikes:
People touching him without ver consent, slow workers, socializing, small talk
Skills: Plays piano, clarinet, and cello. As a tech kid, ve has a lot of experience with computers. Ve can also pick locks and throw knives with terrifying accuracy, two things that he tends to keep to verself.
Fears: His father, letting down those he looks up to, being a failure.
Neurodivergencies:
OCD, Insomnia, Psychological Psychosis
Disabilities:
N/A
Right/Left-Handed:
Left-handed
Logical/Emotional:
Logical
Optimistic/Pessimistic/Realistic:
Realistic Pessimist

Character Stats:
(out of five)

Dexterity: 5/5
Luck: 3/5
Balance: 4/5
Pain Tolerance: 4/5
Morality: 1/5
Composure: 4/5
Charisma: 1/5
Stealth: 3/5
Wisdom: 4/5
Agility: 3/5
Perception: 5/5
Resolve: 4/5
Strength: 3/5
Speed: 3/5
Flexibility: 1/5

Parents: Luke and Mercedes Castello
Siblings:
Nox Lune Castello (older)
Other Notable Relatives:
Camila Isabella de Leon
Friends:
Taliha Glori
Love Interest:
Miles Holland
Enemies:
Rasha LaRoux Nobody
Rivals:
He doesn’t have time for so-called ‘rivals.’ (It’s Rasha)

-- Relationships --

-Camillia Isabella de Leon-
Biological Aunt - Neutral

He has not seen her in a long time but remembers her as a good person who was close to her sister and never quite trusted ver father. Currently resides with Nox in one of the higher echelons of the angel divisions, unaware of her other, young nephew, and perhaps believing his lost to time.

-Daiyu Lín-
Advisor/Mentor -- Positive

The leader of a higher division, Daiyu started taking interest in Noe as she saw ver clawing up the ranks. Noe and Tao were always closed, but she recognizes his aptitude and talent and sends ver on special assignments that she doesn't trust with others. This annoys the members of ver current division (Tao in particular.)

-Luke Castello-
Biological Father -- Negative

In his younger years, Luke was a positive and warm man. However, the untimely death of his wife broke him, sending him spiraling into bitterness and an obsession with religion and the afterlife. They officially lost contact when Noe was 16 and admitted his sexuality. Kicked out of his home, alone, Noe was forced to make ends meet on his own, falling into situations that further poisoned his ideas of the man.

-Mercedes Castello-
Biological Mother -- Positive

Noe was always very close to his mother. She was a kind, understanding presence in ver young life, and encouraged him to move forward and explore. Her death shattered their small family.

-Miles Holland-
Love Interest -- N/A

???

-Nox Lune Castello-
Biological Sibling -- Negative

When their father started drinking, Nox did his best to protect Noe from his fall into bitter misery. Still, in the end, they gave up and abandoned their younger brother in search of their aunt. It was only supposed to be temporary, but then they were recruited as an angel, due to their bloodline and abilities, and was unable to go after Noe. They believe ve is dead, lost to time. Noe knows of their existence, but holds a grudge, due to being abandoned when ve felt ve needed their support the most.

-Rasha LaRoux-
"One-sided Rival/Division Member -- "Negative"

Noe refuses to accept that ve plays into Rasha's made-up "rivalry" and often ignores her altogether. Yet, they are still somewhat friendly, and though neither of them would ever admit, would sacrifice their own health to help each other, whether it be on the battlefield or the difficulties of life in general.

-Taliha Glori-
Close Friend -- Positive

Taliha and Noe have been friends before and ever since Tao found and saved him from a life on the streets. She was the reason ve made contact with the angels in the first place and considers her ver closest friend. Both of them are a bit closed off, but they have always found a way to be close to one another. Taliha is the only other person besides Tao that knows about his hallucinations and was the first he ever admitted it to.

-Tao Glori-
Mentor/Brother-Figure -- Positive

Tao was the one who saved ver in the end, inviting ver in from the streets and giving ver a home. Ve will be forever thankful for this. Ve regards Tao as a brother-figure (a mutual feeling) and has relied on him for help and advice since he was seventeen and first came to Taliha and Tao's shared house. Tao appreciates ver ability to get through to his sister, and is proud of how far ve has come.

Notable Possessions:
-- A set of diamond-bladed daggers, with obsidian and coral cores to be more effective against creatures of death- the most expensive items he owns. There are seven total in the set --
-- A pair of diamond stud earrings that once belonged to his mother, along with her diamond and black onyx wedding band, the only items of sentimental value he owns --
-- His dark, navy blue 1968 Mustang that he worked to restore on his own. It is something he is very proud of --

Theme Songs:
-- "A Sadness Runs Through Him" by The Hoosiers --
-- "Until I Come Home" by Two Feet & grandson --
-- "Roman Empire (Stripped)" by MISSIO --
-- "John My Beloved" by Sufjan Stevens --
-- "oh well" by Christian French --
-- "Time Of My Life" by UPSAHL --
-- "Gold Rush" by Taylor Swift --
-- "Movement" by Hozier --

Other:
For his neopronouns, feel free to use just one set at a time, though I would like you to use the neos at least sometimes in relation to him. In fact, if you want to only use one set, I would prefer it to be the neopronoun set.

Also, I plan to get more into his background in the story, so don't worry that it's so vague at the moment.

Edited at December 4, 2021 04:25 PM by danger
Fallen Angel x Angel (Strictly 1x1 Only!)November 17, 2021 09:26 PM

Former Pack

Neutral

Give Award
Where should we start off? Maybe them meeting after a good few decades?
Fallen Angel x Angel (Strictly 1x1 Only!)November 17, 2021 09:37 PM

Former Pack

Neutral

Give Award
I'll go along with whatever, haha. You can start, I want to finish up Noe's sheet.
I think maybe your character could get into some trouble and then Noe has to come clean it up? All like, "Damn it, today was my day of, blah blah blah-" and then he has to go figure out what's happening and maybe go from there?
Fallen Angel x Angel (Strictly 1x1 Only!)November 18, 2021 11:59 AM

Former Pack

Neutral

Give Award
A car alarm sounds loud and Miles turns back watching as people are scurrying after him. His eyes glimmer with excitement and he gazes over his shoulder at the men who had a nasty glare set on their faces. He squeaks and gets up off the ground from stumbling after he jumped onto the hood of the car and then tried jumping off of it but failed miserably and ended up face-planting the sidewalk. His nose began to bleed and his eyes watered from the aching in his nose. He managed to get away from the big, fat, angry men safely by running into a bar. He scurried around people and made his way into the bathroom, he groaned and washed off his bloodied face before he pulled out a few wallets. Miles, a great pick pocketer. He had stolen three wallets and a watch from those men who were chasing him.
"Damn, that guy only had twenty dollars!" Miles whined as he grabbed the money out of the wallets before he threw them away. Miles had a pretty face and a decent personality but, of course, he had his flaws, he was a thief. And he got by with daily human life because of his savvy, quick hands.
Miles made his way out of the bathroom and to the counter area, he eyed the bartender before he sighed softly and ordered himself a cranberry cocktail with lemon and a hint of vodka. Miles wasn't normally a drink, no, certainly not. But, after having run so far and earning himself a busted-up nose, he thought he deserved a few drinks. And the bartender seemed to think so too, considering he had been making Miles more drinks and has been paying for them. The fallen angel wasn't stupid and he allowed the other to pay for his drinks while he drank....and drink.
/Er- what time is it?/ Miles thoughts as he stood up, yawned sleepily before looking to the bartender who was making another drink, only, it wasn't for Miles. He hiccuped and groaned. The bartender slid the glass over to the other customer who was already drunk, Miles was.....a little drunk as well. He stumbled around until he got to the dance floor, loud music boomed and so many people surrounded him. He was a little confused but he just went with everything, he wanted his headache to wear off so he could go home without getting stopped by the police.
"Oh, you're Miles!"
"Huh?"
"You stole my brother's watch a few weeks ago and got your ass beat," A woman said, the short male looked around with squinted eyes before his hazy gaze landed on the blonde woman.
"I didn't get my ass beat," Miles corrected her as he swayed here and there.
"You seem drunk? Are you okay?" she asked worriedly, the music was too loud and Miles wasn't in the right headspace so he just looked at her with a confused gaze.
"I'm fine,"
"Okay..."
Miles danced for a good few hours before he decided he was sober enough to try and walk home, a poor mistake since he was still swaying and still hiccuping. His hair was a tangled mess and his eyes were half-open, half-shut. He burped and yawned as he walked in the direction of his house, he bumped into someone, and naturally, his hands searched the person's pockets. He looked up at them with a sullen gaze.
"You're pockets are empty?" He said sadly. He shook his head and pulled his hands back, he pouted and yawned once more. His nose and cheeks were as red as they could be and you could tell he wasn't that sober...but he also wasn't that intoxicated.
Fallen Angel x Angel (Strictly 1x1 Only!)December 4, 2021 05:23 PM

Former Pack

Neutral

Give Award

i. arduous assignment
Noe Castello -- Male (Ve/VerVers; He/Him/His) -- Morning

There was a note on the staff rooms’ coffee table, written in the messy scrawl of the head of security. It said:

Noe didn’t come into work today :)

Underneath the words, someone else had written, with loopy curves and flourishes.

Loser. Guess I win this time.

Finally, a single sticky note in bright blue had been stuck onto the original note, nearly obscuring the second response. Its script was light and sharp, each character placed with care.

Yes, I did.

A tall, well-muscled man with short-cut black hair and rich, dark brown skin padded into the room, a rather voluminous packet of papers pressed into his hands. A pair of shockingly green-blue eyes danced over the words, mouth pressed into a considering line. He continued forward, not taking his eyes off of the document as he went about making a cup of coffee and taking it to the staff table. He paused, noticing the note for the first time. An amused smile flashed across his face but quickly gave way to a look of concern.

He turned, surveying the office, and called, “Noe?” He left the papers on the table.

“Here,” came the muffled response from one of the rooms on the far right of the nearby branching hallway. There was the hurried shuffling of papers and a trio of office chair wheels rolled squeakily over smooth, vinyl flooring. Several moments later, and the sound of quick, sharp taps clicked through the hallway.

Noe stepped out into the main staff room, a manilla folder in one hand. Ve pushed a pair of thin, silver wire-frames up his nose and blinked owlishly.

“You’re wearing the same outfit as you did yesterday,” the taller man said, a note of concern coloring his tone. He took a half-step forward, surveying Noe with a quick flick of his eyes.

Noe pulled into verself, mouth pressing into a defensive line. Ve was wearing a smart, white button-up and high-waisted black pants. A long, black trench coat with round, pretentious buttons lining its front. A pair of short, black boots with sleek, half-heels decorated ver feet, their surfaces glossy black as if bought only the day before.

“Is there anything you need from me, Tao?” ve asked, expression guarded. “I’m busy.”

Tao sighed. “You’re always busy,” he agreed tiredly. “You could take a break, you know. You’re one of the hardest workers in our division.”

Noe turned away. “I’m fine.”

“Sure,” Tao said, somewhat snappily. “Noe, you can’t just- you need sleep.”

Noe clicked ver heel against the ground, staring at the ground as if it had personally offended ver. “I’m fine,” he said again, mouth set into a rebellious scowl. Ve didn’t dare turn and walk away- Tao was the leader of their unit, as appointed by the small, silver pin affixed to his shirt. Noe had a similar one in a shade of tarnished bronze. It blinked dully against the darkness of ver coat lapels.

Noe stewed in silent rebellion, refusing to meet Tao’s gaze. Tao watched him with a jaded sort-of worry, one that seemed long-lived due to the familiarity of the expression. It leaked into his form, drooping his shoulders and slouching his form. He considered the man in front of him with an almost brotherly expression, as if he was silently taking the blame for Noe’s actions.

“How have you been lately?” Tao asked gently. “You haven’t been by the house recently.”

Noe lifted one shoulder in an awkward shrug. “I’ve just- it’s been busy.”

Tao let out a sharp, irritated sound. “I’ve heard,” he grumbled. “Don’t you have enough to do without being at Daiyu’s beck and call as well?”

Noe bristled. “I can handle myself,” ve snapped, before seeming to catch verself, and adding a quick, “Sir.”

Tao sighed. “You know I don’t care for formalities,” he sighed. “I worry about you, Noe. You know that.”

Noe shrugged uncomfortably. Ve wasn’t good at things like this. “I know. I’ve been good, Tao. Really. I like feeling like I’m helping.”

“You are one of the most helpful and capable people I have ever met,” Tao promised, and Noe turned away to hide a flush. “You don’t need to overcompensate for anything. Just take a break- come by for dinner tonight. Taliha’s missed you- you’ve barely spoken in the last two weeks.”

Noe pursed ver lips into a line and looked down. Ve had work that he had to finish. But Tao’s warm eyes and gentle, concerned tone seemed to finally override the line of thought.

“Alright,” ve finally conceded. Ve wouldn’t mind spending some time at Tao and Taliha’s shared apartment- ve still missed the little apartment, in a wistful kind-of-way.

Tao smiled warmly. “Good,” he said. “Now, if you don’t mind, I have some paperwork to go through. Something about a fallen angel raising several alerts in the human world. I was thinking of sending someone-”

“I’ll do it,” Noe volunteered immediately. Ve had been itching for some fieldwork for the past week. While working in the office was fine, ve couldn’t help but prefer the busy outsides streets with their artful corner cafés and nook hideaways and libraries brimming with books.

Tao gave ver a look. “Didn’t we just talk about this?” he asked, exasperated. “I know you have a shitload of paperwork that Daiyu assigned you. Shouldn’t you do that instead?”

“I’ll finish on time,” ve promised.

“I know,” said Tao. “That’s why I don’t want you doing more work. You need to sleep.” He gave Noe a long, knowing look. Ve had the sense to act abashed. “No more working through the entire night. You have your own apartment now.”

Noe knew that. Ve aso knew how depressingly empty ver new apartment felt, compared to ver memories of Tao’s warm and lively apartment. It felt more like home than any other place ve had ever lived- including ver new, hard-earned one.

“Alright,” ve agreed hurriedly. “I won’t. Please, Tao? I’ve been itching for fieldwork all week.”

Tao sighed deeply, and Noe knew ve’d won. “Alright,” he acquiesced. “I’m not sure it’s the type of field assignment you’ll like.”

Noe frowned. “It can’t be that bad,” ve snorted. “It’s just gathering information, right?”

--

It was not, in fact, just gathering information.

Tao had tried to sugarcoat it, probably realizing how much Noe needed to get out of the office, but after checking through the file, Noe was quite unhappy to learn that, while ve was gathering information, it was not in the way he was used to. For this mission, ve was supposed to interact with the subject- ask them questions, escort them to some safe place, etc etc. Ve didn’t understand why ve was supposed to be treating the subject with such… care. Usually, when a rogue angel or fallen angel acted out enough to be noticed by the general populace, most higher-ups would just have them “removed-” whatever that meant.

Pale light filtered through the early morning city smog, casting grey light across the ground in dull streaks. A car splashed carelessly through one of the oil-slicked puddles left over from last nights’ rainstorm. Noe’s heels clicked sharply against the damp concrete, eyes oscillating back and forth, left and right- a trick that Tao had explained would help widen ver peripherals.

The smell of wet city streets and other, less sanitary scents was a confusing one. It stuck to ver skin, clinging onto ver clothes like a disease. Ve fought the urge to shake verself, keeping ver hands in tight fists that swung idly at ver sides. Ve stepped carefully over a dropped chip bag, rustling softly in the not-quite-breeze. Ve disliked the human world with a passion- ve had spent enough time down here to know that those glorious cities so many marveled at were only cramped, dangerous labyrinths full of thieves and users.

Sometimes, ve could almost forget how it felt to wait, shivering and cold, in the rain of a bus stop, desperately counting through spare change with numb, shaking fingers. Sometimes, ve could smell the scent of fresh bread and not think of all of the nights ve had spent, standing uselessly outside of a bakery window, fighting the urge to press ver face against the windowpane so as to avoid annoying the owners with fingerprints. Sometimes.

But every time ve came back here- here, this particular city- the memories returned, like ripping bandages from a healing wound and tearing out the stitches one by one. Ve shuddered and quickened ver pace. It was different, now, ve reminded verself- everything was different now. But, every once in a while, something would catch ver gaze, and ve would whip around, expecting to see some ghost of the past that had somehow stayed the same after all of these years, an anachronism in time standing starkly against the modern amenities and loud, shouty billboards.

Ve took in a deep breath, grounding verself. This was fine. Ve was fine. There weren’t many people out, except for those unfortunate enough to be lost to the vice grips of debt and despair. Noe was well-acquainted with those eyes; ve had seen them looking back at ver in the mirror enough times to stop feeling the pity of sympathy that so many “do-goods” would have when they passed ver on the street.

Some of them were watching now. Ve ignored their stares with a single, blank look of ver own, and felt their eyes drift away. Ve had no time or sympathy for these people. Usually, fieldwork entailed spending some time researching in local libraries, stalking people on social media, watching them run past through the park as they made their daily circuits to and from work. These things ve was equipped to deal with. Even being in the city was easy enough, as long as ve had a goal to focus on.

Now, though, ver stomach squirmed in discomfort at the thought of confrontation. Tao had warned ver that there was a good chance ve would have to de-escalate a situation, and, as far as Tao-speak went, Noe recognized it as a ‘soft’ way to tell ver ve would have to deal with other people.

Noe pulled out ver phone and checked the map Tao had sent ver with weary eyes. It contained all of the places where this rogue angel had been sighted. Noe’s lips thinned into a line; ve wished the file hadn’t been so vague about the culprits’ appearance and personal information. That might make things harder when it came time to identify the perpetrator.

It really was strange, ve couldn’t help but think. How few details had been included in the file, even though it seemed like this certain rogue- or, fallen angel, it had said- had played this game before and lost.

Ve finally made it to the last spot the perp had been spotted. Of course, they weren’t there, but it wasn’t like ve had expected anything like that. He had hoped to find some witnesses, maybe some of the local homeless population he could bribe. But the streets were depressingly empty. This area was much more open- and less human friendly, ve noted, taking in the one-seat benches with their anti-homeless covers still on them. Sharp dislike at the site bled into ver brain, and ver mouth tasted bitter. Ve turned away. Stupid, selfish humans.

Ve checked around, only to see most of the businesses were closed up, waiting for their owners to arrive and set up for opening. Noe sighed deeply and turned. Ve would just have to make ver way to another spot, then.

Ve began to make ver way down the street, turning down an alley to shorten the duration of walking time. It was empty, but his hand still jumped to his leg, where one of ver diamond and coral daggers waited, hidden beneath the folds of ver coat. Ve tapped ver fingers across the surface, taking comfort in the familiar feel of the knife against ver palm.

Ve exited safely on the other side, eyes still scanning left to right. Ve turned onto the street and headed towards ver next destination, taking in the scenery. Several bars flickered tiredly in the buildings around ver. They were lower-class things, for the outskirters and traditionalists who had gone to them so many times they couldn’t imagine going anywhere else. Ve could imagine the sticky floors, lines of barstools set in front of single counters, adjacent rooms with old, rocky music that wasn’t quite so popular anymore. Ve didn’t know, of course- ve wasn’t familiar with this area. But humans were usually slow to change- not that ve had any place to judge, angels were even slower. Ve supposed it had to do with age. Lifetimes.

Ver eyes caught on a few stragglers up ahead. They seemed to be part of the last crowd, shuffling their ways out of the bars with splitting headaches and dark, dark circles under their eyes. Ve watched them warily as ve approached. Ve would rather not deal with any drunkards tonight. People like this never had anything to lose.

Maybe that was why ve missed the low groan, missed the person who stumbled into ver back. Ve immediately tried to pull away, but deft fingers with black chipped nail polish found their way into the pockets of his overcoat in record time, rooting around without, seemingly, any movement. If not for the way the stranger had stumbled into ver, they might have gotten away with it. Noe made to turn in a single, sharp moment, ready to size up his opponent, when a low whine rose from their throat.

“Your pockets are empty?” they asked, sullen- almost pouty. Noe recognized a higher, though definitely masculine pitch. Ve turned, indigo-and-silver eyes narrowing into a single, sharp flash of movement. Ve was prepared for a dumb-struck, foolish human with too much confidence to know what to do with. Ve wasn’t expecting-

Their hair was semi-long, and pale pink, surrounding his face in a halo of sunrise. Their complexion was pale and icy, but a red flush decorated their nose and cheeks, rising up their neck and highlighting the tips of their ears. Their face was a sketch of dark, sharp lines, coming together to create something angular, yet soft. They had obviously Asian features, with matching pink irises, eyelids lowered into an almost-sleeping look. There was no chance the hair was dyed, or that they wore contacts- Noe was familiar with that. No, these features were real. Meaning-

“God, don’t tell me,” ve growled in a low, yet musical voice, shoving away from the too-angelic face. Of course. Of course. Ve had never been particularly lucky, but still, ve couldn’t have stopped verself from hoping that ve might have been able to solve this issue with a distance. That obviously wasn’t an option. Fighting back another growl of annoyance, ve stepped back, looking for the familiar sign that all fallen angels bore- the sharp lack of devotion- a substance that humans often referred to as “holiness” that was nearly invisible to the eyes of any creature except for angels themselves. Noe focused ver eyes, trying to find the telltale shimmer. When there was none to be found, ve let out another growl, and then sighed.

It seemed ve had found ver target.

Ve turned back around. “You are much more pitiful than I assumed you would be,” he snapped, ignoring the part of ver that urged him to step forward, to-

Oh, joy. It just had to get worse, didn’t it? Ve suddenly wished ve had just listened to Tao in the first place. Ten more piles of paperwork would have been preferable to this.

-- Word Count: 2637 Words --

Forums > Roleplay > 1x1

Refresh

Copyright ©2013-2024 Go Go Gatsby Designs, LLC    All Rights Reserved
Terms Of Use  |   Privacy Policy   |   DMCA   |   Contact Us