Wolf Play : Barn Owl x Salem | Silent Woods
Chatbox
 Saint
06:51:29 
oh my god i just accidently deleted my team because i thought i had a team heal...
 Existence
06:47:30 Exist / Kuskyn
Lords above I can't find the wolf I want to find xD And do you think I can remember his name? Nope xD Ahh yes my night is going fantastic
 Saint
06:44:16 
morning chat
 purdy
06:43:25 
I finished my avatar!!!
 icemoons
06:42:57 slushy,ice,moon,
Rest in peace chat...
 icemoons
06:34:59 slushy,ice,moon,
katy

I'm tired... believe me I get it...
 distant-lands
06:32:27 katy | beetle
tonight? wow my perception of time is off.

this morning*
 Winterfell
06:31:10 She/her
Too many generations :/
-WP Click-
 distant-lands
06:30:59 katy | beetle
-Click-
i forgot i drew this until tonight lol xD added some highlights and now it looks like a brand new piece
 Vulpixles
06:30:48 Pixie, Vul | ♈
-WP Click-

Paws for this absolute beauty I got from Wolf Party the other day?
 icemoons
06:29:26 slushy,ice,moon,
hello my friends... I think I might be a bit too obsessed with Hazbin Hotel... I love it so much
 Arachne
06:27:01 Ara/Kat
paws? <3
-WP Click-
 Arachne
06:21:52 Ara/Kat
Katy
i know right? i love lil coincidences like that <3
 outkast
06:21:01 
thank you for informing me. ive been on a 3 year break and a lot is different. :)
 distant-lands
06:20:33 katy | beetle
Kat,
what a coincidence!
 Arachne
06:20:06 Ara/Kat
i just realised my second Envy died at the same age as the original, both at 20 :0
 distant-lands
06:19:53 katy | beetle
are* not is, oops.
 distant-lands
06:19:39 katy | beetle
the only valuable thing she gives out (in my opinion) is dyes, but that's pretty rare.
 outkast
06:18:29 
what can you even get from them?
 distant-lands
06:17:36 katy | beetle
not usually, no

Refresh

You must be a registered member for more
than 1 day before you can use our chatbox.
Quests
Alliance Battles
Challenges

Hourly Damage Variances
Brown Bear : +3
Black Bear : -5
Cougar : -4
    Fall   Day  Weather:  Sunny

Forums

→ Wolf Play is a fun game! Sign Up Now!

My Subscriptions
My Bookmarks
My Topics
Latest Topics
Following
Forums > Roleplay > 1x1
   1    2 

Barn Owl x Salem | Silent WoodsJune 16, 2024 02:07 AM

Salem

Neutral

Give Award
Please do not post if you aren't one of the people mentioned in the title. Thank you.
This RP is inspired by the missing 411 cases and has mild horror themes. (Nothing that should go against the rules)
[ Zahra ]

Edited at June 17, 2024 01:12 PM by Salem
Barn Owl x Salem | Silent WoodsJune 19, 2024 08:51 AM

Salem

Neutral

Give Award

Zahra stood at the top of a hill just above where the regular human trails stopped. Two trees stood about a house's length away from each other in front of him, burnt orange leaves falling silently to the grassy ground. The dawn light filtered through the trees, casting long, dappled shadows across his path. His eyes, deep orange bordering on red, scanned the familiar surroundings. This was his domain, the Whispering Woods, and he had his routines to maintain.

Starting his morning routine, Zahra began his descent along a well-worn path, one shaped by both human feet and his own. His steps were silent, his hooves barely making a sound against the forest floor. The path meandered through the trees, a secret artery in the heart of the forest. Every morning he walked this route, ensuring that no unwelcome intruders had disturbed the delicate balance of his territory.

As he walked, Zahra paused to check on some of his favorite plants. He knelt beside a cluster of nightshade, its dark berries gleaming ominously in the early light. Gently, he touched the leaves, feeling the pulse of life within them. Satisfied that they were healthy, he continued, stopping next at a patch of belladonna. This plant was particularly useful to him, and he ensured it thrived under his careful watch.

Moving on, Zahra approached the edge of the forest where a few abandoned cabins stood, relics of a time when humans had tried to settle in his woods. He circled each cabin, his eyes narrowing as he scanned for any signs of recent activity. The cabins were overgrown with vines, windows broken and doors hanging askew. Yet, they held a certain charm in their decay, and Zahra often found himself drawn to their eerie silence.

Circling the last cabin, Zahra paused, his acute senses picking up the faintest hint of movement. He turned his head slowly, his eyes catching a glimpse of a shadow moving among the trees. "What do we have here?" he muttered in his own language, the words a whisper on the wind. His voice, even in this ancient tongue, held a melodious, haunting quality.

With a fluid grace, Zahra began to shift, his form blurring as he transformed into his human male guise. His skin took on a sun-kissed tone, his height reduced to a more approachable 6'1", and his black wings and horns vanished. His hair turned light brown, styled in a middle part flow, and his eyes shifted to a deep, unnatural blue. He donned black sweatpants and a plain black t-shirt, looking every bit the rugged yet approachable human male.

Silently, Zahra moved to hide behind a large tree, his movements swift and practiced. From his concealed vantage point, he watched the unknown human walk by, curiosity piqued. The human was an anomaly, an unexpected visitor in his territory. Zahra's eyes followed every step, every cautious movement, analyzing the stranger’s purpose and intent.

The human paused, seemingly sensing something amiss. Zahra held his breath, his predatory instincts heightening his senses. The forest around them was eerily quiet, the usual sounds of morning dulled as if in anticipation. Zahra's eyes narrowed, his mind racing with possibilities. Who was this person, and what brought them to his woods?

As the human moved on, Zahra remained hidden, his mind already working on a plan. He would follow this intruder, learn their secrets, and determine if they posed a threat to his domain.

Barn Owl x Salem | Silent WoodsJune 19, 2024 11:18 AM

Barn Owl

Lightbringer

Give Award

Emily trekked through the forest to which she was so accustomed, equipped with her hunting rifle, a hunting knife, bear repellant and a large thermos for her water. She wore the usual camouflage jacket and pants with an orange vest for other hunters to see her. Underneath her jacket, she wore an army green t shirt and a black tank top beneath that. Heading up the trail, she was going to her deer stand. It was their hunting season and she was hoping for a large doe or a decent buck. It was a beautiful fall morning, the day promising to be warm and sunny. She stopped occasionally, spreading deer scent to lure her target in to her location.

Occasionally, she caught sight of rabbits hopping out of her path to disappear into the shrubbery framing the well worn path. Squirrels skittered across the forest floor and climbed up into their leafy havens. It was a glorious morning, the fall feeling weighing down on her. There was just something about fall that was spectacular. The air, the scents of the forest, the animals preparing for winter. It was refreshing and beautiful. Mystical, even.

Something that had always made her curious though was the plants that grew up here. Nowhere else in this state did they grow. Nightshade. Belladonna. Wolfsbane. Hemlock. It was almost sinister. Almost. Emily would occasionally stop and collect samples of these plants to take back with her. She also got a feeling around here that was dark and otherworldly. But it intrigued her so she regularly returned here for her hunts. Mostly to hunt but also to observe and explore.

Emily passed the few abandoned and overgrown cabins on her way to her stand. She passed them every time she came up here, a sad reminder that the wilderness could not be tamed. That people were frail in comparison when it came to the unknown of nature. And there was a lot of nature yet to be discovered. But the wilderness was slowly reclaiming them, the cabins dilapidated and covered in vines.

Not long ago, she'd explored the cabins to see what might be inside. Emily had had to break the doors down to gain access. There hadn't been much of note. Some old and broken wooden furniture, some tin cups, old pots and a few pans. It had smelled old and dusty inside. As if no one had been there in years. Which was likely the case as no one bothered them.

There had been many theories as to what happened over the years. Plague, animals, Natives, simple abandonment. But the one she believed most was that the Twisted Smile had been at fault. There had been rumors over the last few hundred years about a strange creature that resided here. While Emily did believe in it to some degree, she knew it was likely an old wives tale and simply malarkey.

As Emily continued on, she found she had the feeling something or someone was watching her. Looking about, she saw nothing and no one. Sometimes that feeling came to her out here. It was a common feeling one got in the woods. As beautiful and serene as it was, it was also dangerous. Being alone out here was risky if one didn't have a weapon. There were mountain lions, bears, bobcats and wolves. Emily knew how to defend herself, depending on which creature it was. And she had the bear repellant, as a last resort, if the advised methods didn't work.

Emily rose from one such deer scenting endeavor, adjusting the rifle's strap over her shoulder. She continued on to her tree stand. Once she reached the base, she hitched the strap comfortably high once again. Then she started climbing up to sit and wait for her quarry. Settling into her stand, she removed the strap from her shoulder before she sat down. Emily rested the rifle across her legs as she waited. She unclipped her thermos from her belt and quietly set it at her feet.

Off to her right, just behind her stand, she heard the crack of a stick and the crunching of leaves. Raising her rifle, she prepared herself for a deer. Emily took aim in the event it was in fact a deer. She wanted to be prepared for it instead of alerting it by raising her rifle after visual confirmation and risking it running off before she had a chance to squeeze the trigger.

Barn Owl x Salem | Silent WoodsJune 19, 2024 02:23 PM

Salem

Neutral

Give Award

Zahra stood at the edge of the Whispering Woods, the early morning sun casting long shadows through the trees. In his human male form, he moved silently, his footsteps barely disturbing the fallen leaves. The forest, his home for centuries, whispered secrets in a language only he understood. His eyes, a shade of blue that seemed almost ethereal, flickered with curiosity as he watched Emily from a distance. She moved with purpose, her every action deliberate, and he found himself intrigued by her presence.

The forest around them was alive with the sounds of nature. Birds chirped in the canopy above, and the rustling of small animals echoed through the underbrush. Zahra saw the forest differently than Emily did. To her, it was a place of beauty and mystery, but to him, it was a realm of shadows and secrets. The trees seemed darker, the air thicker with an otherworldly essence. The plants she collected, like nightshade and wolfsbane, held power that humans often underestimated. He felt a sense of guardianship over these woods, a duty to maintain the balance that humans often disrupted.

As he followed Emily, Zahra moved with a predatory grace, his senses heightened. He could hear her breathing, the steady rhythm of her heart, and the occasional snap of a twig under her boots. Her camouflage blended well with the surroundings, but he had no trouble keeping her in sight. He stayed just out of her view, his presence a whisper in the wind. The thrill of the hunt coursed through him, not as a predator seeking prey, but as a guardian watching over his territory.

Zahra's mind wandered to the tales of the Twisted Smile, the legend that had grown around his presence. He smiled to himself, a gentle, almost playful expression. Humans needed their stories to make sense of the unknown, to put a name to the fear that lurked in the dark. He had become that name, a figure of dread and curiosity. Yet, he found amusement in their misconceptions. He wasn't just a monster; he was a protector, a watcher in the shadows.

He decided to make his presence known, stepping lightly to intercept Emily's path. As she raised her rifle, prepared for a deer, Zahra stepped into view. He stood calmly, his expression neutral, allowing her to see him fully. His attire, a simple black t-shirt and form-fitting pants, contrasted with the natural surroundings. The chains around his neck glinted in the dappled sunlight, and his eyes, that unnatural blue, locked onto hers with a mixture of curiosity and challenge.

The air seemed to still as he held her gaze. Zahra felt a thrill of anticipation, wondering how she would react to his sudden appearance. He knew he looked out of place, a human form with an otherworldly essence, and he relished the moment. However, he quickly noticed the deer she had been aiming at. With a swift, graceful movement, Zahra stepped directly in front of her rifle, blocking her shot entirely.

The deer, sensing no immediate threat from Zahra, stood still for a moment before bolting into the underbrush. Zahra remained in place until he was certain the creature was safe. Then, he turned his full attention back to Emily, his eyes narrowing slightly. "What do you think you're doing hunting an innocent creature?" he asked, his voice calm but carrying an edge of disapproval.

Zahra remained still, allowing the moment to linger. He wanted to see her reaction, to understand her better. The forest around them seemed to hold its breath, the usual sounds of nature muted in this charged encounter.

Barn Owl x Salem | Silent WoodsJune 19, 2024 05:29 PM

Barn Owl

Lightbringer

Give Award

Emily had been prepared for a large doe. What stepped out of the brush and into her view was certainly not something she'd expected. It was a man. A man wearing a black t-shirt and form fitting black sweat pants. The chains at his neck reflected the sunlight, temporarily blinding her. But when her vision cleared, she noticed his unnaturally electric blue eyes. She'd never seen eyes that color. His eyes conveyed his power and curiosity. This was not a man to mess with. But what was he doing way out here? Dressed like that?

This unusual man wasn't wearing hiking or hunting gear. In fact, he looked like he was about to go out clubbing. Nothing he wore was practical for the woods. But something about him was off. Not just his odd choice of apparel. But his demeanor. His vibe. It made Emily a little nervous.

Out of the corner of her eye, Emily saw the deer she'd been waiting for step out. She'd been about to fire upon it when the stranger suddenly stepped into her path. The deer disappeared, bounding back into the brush. Emily's expression turned from one of confusion to one of anger. She'd missed her shot. He'd made her miss her shot. She was furious.

But it was then she noticed how quiet it had gotten. No birds, no insects. Even the air had seemed to still. That was odd. It was as if a large predator was in the immediate vicinity. But she heard nothing. She saw nothing. What was it? Where was it?

Emily heard him ask his question, the disapproval heavily evident in his tone. "What do you think you're doing hunting an innocent creature?", he'd asked. Her gaze turned stony once again.

"I was hunting it. I was going to have it processed so I could eat it for the next year.", she answered indignantly. "Just who do you think you are? Stepping into my clearing like that? Blocking my shot? Scaring off my prey? The nerve! Do you have any idea how dangerous that was? I could have accidentally shot you! Who told you it was a good idea to step in front of a loaded gun?!" Emily stood, gathering her thermos and clipping it back to her belt. She switched the safety back on her rifle before slinging the strap over her shoulder once more.

Turning in her stand, she descended with her back to this strange man. Once she was low enough, she leapt the last few feet to the ground and turned to face him. Her face was nearly as red as her hair, she was so angry. The gall of this guy needled at her. "What are you doing out here anyway? Dressed like that?", she asked, looking him over from head to toe. "You look ridiculous. That is not an outfit that is meant for the woods.", she told him. "You look like a member of a boy band.", Emily said and smirked as she imagined that scenario.

Emily thought he was rude, impulsive and just all together annoying. Very much like a boy band member. But she was getting a strange feeling from him. Dark, sinister. And something else she couldn't quite put her finger on. Something was off with this guy. And the longer she looked at him, the worse the feeling got. What frightened her the most, however, was his eyes. They were just such an odd color. Blue, of course. But electric blue. So bright, it was unnatural. She took a step back, a fearful look briefly crossing her features. But it was gone in an instant and the angry expression returned.

Barn Owl x Salem | Silent WoodsJune 19, 2024 06:44 PM

Salem

Neutral

Give Award

Zahra watched as the woman’s anger bubbled to the surface, her face flushing a deep red. His cold gaze remained unyielding, his electric blue eyes fixed on her with an intensity that could pierce through the darkest night. The forest around them was unusually silent, amplifying the tension in the air. He could feel her frustration and confusion, but he remained an immovable presence.

"You were hunting," Zahra repeated, his voice low and deliberate. "In my forest." He stepped closer, his movements fluid and predatory. "That creature was innocent, simply trying to survive, and you aimed to kill it." A small, unsettling smile curved his lips, but his eyes remained hard. "I couldn’t let that happen."

Her angry words flowed over him, her indignation almost amusing. Zahra’s smile widened slightly, still devoid of warmth. "I knew exactly what I was doing," he replied, his tone icy and unwavering. "And I wasn’t the one in danger."

As she descended from her stand, Zahra’s gaze stayed locked on her, his posture relaxed but ready. "What are you doing out here anyway? Dressed like that?" Her question was met with a soft, humorless chuckle. "I could ask you the same," he said, his voice edged with sarcasm. "But I doubt you’d understand."

Her comment about his appearance, comparing him to a boy band member, elicited a brief flicker of amusement in his eyes. "You think this is a joke?" Zahra asked, his voice dropping to a dangerous, menacing tone. "This forest isn’t a playground for you to hunt and kill as you please. It’s my domain."

He stepped closer, the distance between them shrinking. "My name is Zah... Axel Vexen," he introduced himself, hoping she didn’t catch the slip. "And I’m here to protect the wildlife of this forest." His gaze bore into hers, searching for any sign of recognition or fear. "So, what are you doing here, really? Why do you keep coming back to a place that clearly doesn’t want you?"

Zahra sensed a flicker of hesitation in her stance and seized the opportunity. "This forest has rules," he continued, his tone unyielding and authoritative. "And you, human, are breaking them." He glanced around, his perception of the dark, foggy landscape a stark contrast to the serene beauty she saw. "If you want to survive, you should leave and never return."

Leaning in slightly, Zahra’s eyes never wavered from hers. "This is your only warning," he said, his voice cold and final. "Next time, there won’t be a conversation."

However, Zahra didn’t turn to leave. He stood his ground, his piercing gaze never leaving her. "Tell me," he said, his voice slightly softer but still commanding. "Why do you keep coming back? Is it the thrill of the hunt, or is there something else that draws you here?" He tilted his head slightly, curiosity flickering in his eyes. "You seem different from the others who wander into my forest. They usually leave at the first sign of danger."

Zahra took a step back, giving her a bit more space but still remaining close enough to keep the tension high. "You’re not afraid, are you?" he asked, a hint of challenge in his voice. "Or maybe you’re just too stubborn to admit it."

He waited, watching her closely for her response. This encounter had become more than just a warning; it was a chance to understand why this human, in particular, felt so drawn to his forest. And, perhaps, to see if she was a threat or something else entirely.

Barn Owl x Salem | Silent WoodsJune 19, 2024 09:19 PM

Barn Owl

Lightbringer

Give Award

Emily paused, seeing his electric blue gaze fixate intensely upon her. The silence about them seemed to grow heavier. Her heart picked up speed, beating faster. She was as confused as before. And slightly more fearful.

"I was hunting. In a national forest. What makes you think this forest is yours? That's entitlement if I've ever heard it.", she told him, her hands settling on her hips. Her hands dropped as he stepped towards her, making her feel like he was a wolf and she was a rabbit. "I aimed to kill it because I was going to eat it. I only kill for food. Not for sport. It saves me money to kill instead of constantly running to the supermarket to buy chicken or beef here and there. And I waste nothing of it. I know it's innocent. The best thing I can do for it is make sure it's life was not taken for nothing. I'm trying to survive too. What is that saying? "Survival of the fittest". That's what I'm doing.", Emily told him. The unsettling smile did its job. It unnerved her.

His smile was cold. Void of any emotion whatsoever. As was his voice. "You could have been shot.", Emily said but was starting to think she should have pulled the trigger on him. He was something different. Not human. Despite his looks now. And not animal. What was he?

"I understand that what I'm wearing is durable. And it helps me blend in. Which is what I need when I'm hunting. You look like you want to have tons of girls swarm you, you One Direction wannabe.", she said indignantly, her eyes roaming him. Emily couldn't understand for the life of her why on earth he was dressed like that all the way out here.

Emily quieted, hearing the danger in his tone. She'd made him angry. And she had a feeling she that that was the last thing she needed to do to this guy. "Killing and surviving is no joke. But the woods are not a playground either. I do not do as I please out here.", she defended herself. "I have a license limiting me to two deer. But I only need one.", Emily informed him. His domain? What did that mean? This guy must be an escapee from a mental facility. That could certainly explain his outfit all the way out here. His next words only cemented that belief.

Emily stepped back as he advanced, him closing the distance and her opening it again. "Well, Axel, what makes you think this forest is yours to protect?", she asked. There was no fear for him to find. She knew she should be afraid but she wasn't. If he was simply a mental facility escapee, she had her rifle and a large hunting knife. She could defend herself. "I'm here to hunt. That is the real reason. This time. And I keep coming back because I'm at home here. There's nowhere else I'd rather be.", she said but didn't know why she was explaining herself to him. What business was it of his? Clearly, he wasn't okay. "This forest is just that. A forest. It has no rules. Only beauty and serenity.", Emily told him, rolling her eyes. This guy really was dramatic. And weird. Her eyebrows quirked up. He'd called her a human? What did he think he was? "Very well, whatever you think you are, what rules am I breaking?", Emily asked, amusement in her tone. "I'll leave when I'm ready. And I'm not ready yet. Maybe soon. Maybe.", she challenged him.

Emily would have called the police if she'd had any service out here. This guy needed to be caught and returned to wherever it was he came from. She simply laughed. "This is your only warning. Next time, there won't be a conversation.", she mocked his voice then laughed again. "Get real.", she shook her head.

"I keep coming back because this is my home away from home. It's where I lose myself. I enjoy nature, believe it or not. I'm not only here to hunt. There's something about this place. And you're ruining it. So begone with you.", Emily waved off in a different direction, indicating he could run along that way for all she cared. "Let me get back to what I was doing. And you can get back to being "King of the Forest". Go pretend somewhere else. Maybe you can interrupt someone else's day.", she suggested. "Danger? There's no danger.", Emily laughed it off. She'd seen no sign of danger any of the times she'd been here. What was this guy's deal?

"I am not afraid. There's nothing to be afraid of.", Emily told him, convinced of that fact. She didn't know who she was dealing with though. "You're right though. I'm too stubborn to admit my fear, if fear I did have.", she said. But she wasn't afraid. A foolish move on her part. There was much to be afraid of.

Edited at June 20, 2024 07:57 AM by Barn Owl
Barn Owl x Salem | Silent WoodsJune 20, 2024 08:20 AM

Salem

Neutral

Give Award

Zahra's gaze remained fixed on Emily, his cold expression unwavering. "Humans who step foot in my forest are doomed to die," he stated, his voice low and threatening. "You're rather lucky I'm giving you a chance." His eyes bore into hers, filled with a dangerous intensity. "That bullet wouldn't have hurt me if you had pulled the trigger. I was protecting a friend," he added, gesturing to where the deer had fled. "The creatures here are not just animals. They are my friends, my charges."

He took a step closer, closing the distance between them. "The people who gave you the license to hunt here likely thought you were going to die. Every hunter who enters these woods either goes missing or returns with tales of the Twisted Smile. It's not just a story; it's a warning." Zahra's voice was calm but carried an edge that hinted at the seriousness of his words.

When Emily mocked him, calling him a One Direction wannabe, a flicker of anger crossed Zahra's face. His eyes momentarily flashed a deep, fiery orange, betraying his true form. He quickly regained his composure, but the change was undeniable. "Do not mock what you do not understand," he warned, his voice icy. "There are things in this forest far more dangerous than you can imagine."

He paused, letting his words sink in. "You should not hunt in these woods unless you have a death wish," he said, his tone firm. "Wander and hike all you want, but the moment you kill an animal here, you sign your own death warrant. This forest is always watching." Zahra's eyes never left hers, ensuring she understood the gravity of his warning.

Zahra's demeanor softened slightly, but his message remained clear. "The creatures here are under my protection. I will not allow harm to come to them." He took a step back, giving her space but still maintaining his imposing presence. "Respect this place, and you may leave it unharmed. Disrespect it, and you will face the consequences."

He glanced around, taking in the silence of the forest, the rustling leaves, and the distant calls of birds. "You think you are prepared for these woods, but there is so much you do not know. Take this as a warning, a rare chance to reconsider your actions. Few get such an opportunity." Zahra's eyes softened slightly, showing a hint of regret for having to be so stern, but the firmness in his gaze made it clear he meant every word.

Turning on his heel, Zahra moved with a supernatural grace and silence, quickly disappearing from Emily's sight. He climbed a nearby tree with effortless agility, ascending to the highest branch that could hold his weight. From there, he hopped silently to another tree, positioning himself high above the forest floor. Hidden among the leaves, he watched Emily intently, his electric blue eyes peering through the foliage as he monitored her every move.

Barn Owl x Salem | Silent WoodsJune 20, 2024 03:43 PM

Barn Owl

Lightbringer

Give Award

Emily's commitment to her explanation that he was just crazy faltered and her fear returned. Even if that was just the case, he believed he wasn't human and he'd still try to kill her. He believed that bullet wouldn't have hurt him? And he thought the animals were his friends? His responsibility?

Emily stepped back again as he advanced once more. She wasn't going to say it but she'd hunted here often. And killed before. Maybe she'd been lucky enough not to be caught? She looked at him oddly when he mentioned The Twisted Smile. Was he that legend? Or did he just attribute the name to himself? She'd heard of it and believed in it. But many came here and escaped with their kills. Maybe he didn't know how popular this forest was for hunting. She certainly wasn't going to be the one to tell him.

She thought her boy band crack was amusing but he apparently didn't agree. And his icy tone kept her from pushing it further. That and the alarming eye color change. Were these unusual blue eyes a facade? Was his real eye color that fiery orange he'd just displayed? Emily knew the blue eyes could be contacts but that didn't explain the switch to orange. He was right though. She didn't understand him. She wouldn't make fun of him again. And she was starting to get the feeling that he was likely the most dangerous thing in these woods.

Emily nodded silently, watching him closely to see if his eyes would slip again and she'd glimpse that all too unusual orange. Again, she didn't mention that she'd killed here before. And that others had as well. "I won't.", she assured him but had every intention of returning at a later point in time. Her license was for this area. She couldn't just get another. She'd be back. But she'd be watching for him. Emily understood his warning. But she had paid good money to be here and she'd do what she'd come to do.

Emily nodded again. "As you say.", she said, being agreeable in the moment. She had her work cut out for her but she'd see it done. Without angering this being she was beginning to very much doubt was human after all. She respected the woods and the life it held. But there was also a balance to be kept. And that's what hunting was. Keeping the balance. Retaining the population of each species. She knew she'd return when he wasn't around. She didn't want to face the consequences, knowing whatever he had in mind would not be pleasant. Emily had no intention to experience it.

She knew these woods better than he thought she did. But Emily knew he was giving her a chance most did not receive. Maybe she should listen to his words and count herself lucky. Do as he says and just leave to never return. But she never was one to simply follow directions.

Emily was confused at his slight expression of regret. She'd heard many things about The Twisted Smile, if this was in fact him. But regret and mercy was not among the words used to describe him. Angry, resentful, fearsome, horrifying, tricky. She'd yet to see most of those traits as of yet. The anger, she'd seen. But she had a feeling she'd seen the muted version of it. Looking at him though, she had no doubt he'd carry out the consequences if she forced him to.

Emily watched him as he left, disappearing from her view. She didn't know where he'd gone or if he was still watching. Deciding not to risk it, she called it a day and left. It was too late to be out here now. The early morning was the best time and the deer weren't moving as much now anyway. She turned and left, heading back the way she'd come. But she'd return another day.

Barn Owl x Salem | Silent WoodsJune 21, 2024 09:04 AM

Salem

Neutral

Give Award

A week had passed since Zahra last saw Emily, and he found himself deep in sleep in the middle of a meadow. Tall trees encircled the open space, their branches stretching toward the sky. The sun was high, shining brightly, and a gentle breeze blew through the meadow. At around ten in the morning, a single leaf floated down and landed softly on his face. The touch of the leaf stirred him from his sleep. Zahra blinked and opened his eyes, looking up at the clear blue sky above him. He stretched his limbs, feeling the warmth of the sun on his skin.

As he stood up, Zahra took a moment to take in the beauty of the meadow. The grass swayed gently in the breeze, and the forest around him was full of life. Birds sang their morning songs, and the scent of fresh earth filled the air. Zahra began to walk down a narrow path that only he knew. This path was hidden from plain sight, winding through the dense underbrush. It was a secret way that led back to the abandoned cabins, a place where he often found peace.

Zahra walked slowly, his steps silent on the soft ground. His mind wandered back to his encounter with Emily. He had never let a human leave his forest alive before, but something about her had made him change his mind. He wondered what it was about her that had made him act differently. His thoughts were deep as he reached the overgrown trail that led to the cabins.

The abandoned cabins stood in a small clearing, their wooden walls weathered and covered in moss. Zahra approached the first cabin and stepped inside. The interior was dark and musty, filled with the scent of old wood and decay. Cobwebs hung from the ceiling, and the room was filled with the remnants of past lives. Broken furniture, a rusted stove, and tattered curtains told stories of those who had once lived there.

Zahra moved on to the second cabin, finding much the same. Dust and decay filled the air, and the cabin was silent and still. It was in the third cabin that he found something different. On a dusty table near the window, partially hidden under a pile of old papers, Zahra saw a notebook. It looked plain and unremarkable, but when he picked it up and brushed off the dust, he realized it was completely blank. This notebook was new, untouched, and he had never noticed it before.

Intrigued, Zahra decided to take the notebook with him. He tucked it under his arm and left the cabin, stepping back into the forest. His thoughts returned to Emily as he walked, wondering where she was and what she was doing. He followed the path until he reached the spot where they had first met. The memory was still fresh in his mind, and he couldn't shake the feeling of curiosity she had stirred in him.

As he stood there, Zahra heard the sound of footsteps approaching. His heart quickened, and he shifted back to his human form. He hoped it might be Emily, not to harm her but because she was the only human he had spared. The footsteps stopped, and Zahra waited, listening carefully. His eyes scanned the forest, but there was no sign of anyone.

Suddenly, a group of fox cubs ran out from the underbrush, their small paws making soft sounds on the ground. Zahra smiled and knelt down as the cubs approached. They were curious and playful, nipping at his fingers and tumbling over each other. Zahra played with them for a while, their energy and innocence bringing a rare smile to his face. The cubs' playful antics made him forget his worries for a moment, and he felt a sense of peace wash over him.

After some time, the cubs grew tired and curled up near his feet. Zahra sat back on a large rock, watching them as they slept. His thoughts drifted back to Emily, but not with fondness. Her intrusion into his forest still angered him, and he couldn't understand why he had let her go. He was used to dealing with humans swiftly, but she had disrupted his usual way of handling things.

As the sun began to dip lower in the sky, casting long shadows across the meadow, Zahra remained seated, deep in thought. The fox cubs continued to sleep, their breaths steady and calm. Zahra closed the notebook, feeling a sense of unease. The forest was alive with possibilities, and he knew that Emily's presence had changed something fundamental. He couldn't shake the feeling that she would return, bringing more challenges with her.

The forest was his home, and he would defend it with all his strength. Zahra stood up, the notebook tucked securely under his arm. He made his way back through the forest, the path familiar yet ever-changing. He knew there would be more encounters, more challenges, and perhaps more revelations. But for now, he was content to watch over his forest, to protect it from any harm that might come its way.

Zahra found a spot near the meadow and settled down, the fox cubs still at his side. He watched them as they played, their joy and innocence a stark contrast to his own troubled thoughts. The forest was quiet, and Zahra listened to the sounds of nature around him, waiting for whatever might come next.

Forums > Roleplay > 1x1
   1    2 

Refresh

Copyright ©2013-2024 Go Go Gatsby Designs, LLC    All Rights Reserved
Terms Of Use  |   Privacy Policy   |   DMCA   |   Contact Us