Wolf Play : Blood Moons Library
Chatbox
 Meliora Wolves
08:27:09 crow (he/they/zae)
Incarnated Rise Up From Hell saunters up to Cruciger Globus batting their eyelashes.

Stats: Charisma +1
Affinity: Strong Like
Mood: Flirty

...thats your half brother
 MidnightXHunters
08:26:36 
Ok, thanks for clearing that up
 Insane Sanity
08:26:31 Insane | Sanity
Gear/decor suggestions? I can't decide what I want. xD Maybe like an angelic vibe but I don't know :p

-WP Click-
 Ecifircas
08:26:14 
Nah, you're all good. I was cautious of that too at first but as long as it's not animal-centric, you're okay.
 Eternity
08:26:14 ET
It's just animal sims/directly competing games. Minecraft is fine :>
 MidnightXHunters
08:25:41 
Ok, I thought we weren't allowed to bring up any game other than wolf play. I was trying to play it safe, don't want to get into any more trouble with mods.
 Ecifircas
08:24:21 
MidnightXHunters, if you're talking about Minecraft, you can talk about Minecraft, lol. Just not pet / animal simulator games.

But if you're taking a self-made skin and drawing it in a completely different way it's fine.
 MidnightXHunters
08:24:11 
Ok, imma have to make it look nicer, but I can probably send it to a mod tomorrow, if not in a few days.
 MidnightXHunters
08:23:09 
Ok its my player skin, (self made) (if you couldn't tell the came is made up of squares, not saying the name) its just going to be rendered in a way that it doesn't have any resemblance to said game
 Eternity
08:21:05 ET
If you're unsure, you can probably DM one of the mods with the image/the characters' info.
 Ecifircas
08:20:59 
MidnightXHunters, if it's a fandom character then no. But if it's just a character you use on another game, don't see why it would matter.
 MidnightXHunters
08:20:54 
People probably won't know what game the character even originated from
 ScardeyKat
08:20:42 Kat ?
Should I just make my banner monstera? I don't know what else to do that'll fit my theme...
 MidnightXHunters
08:19:50 
Well I already have the original character, I just don't know if I can make it my profile picture, given proper credits, without it getting taken down.
 Vennenum
08:18:13 Venn/Venne
Probably not a good idea.
 Chatot Pack
08:17:09 Chatot
i never thought about it like that
 MidnightXHunters
08:16:54 
@ any mod, is it ok if my original character comes from another game but is not in the same style as that said game?
 TheFlyingKitten
08:14:28 Petri Dish/Oh Naauur
Knowing that Toothless is basically someone's axolotl OC is enough to make me smile some days.
 Revelry
08:14:16 Rev
My pups are being held hostage by their mothers
 TheFlyingKitten
08:13:23 Petri Dish/Oh Naauur
@ET

Okay, well, they're darling regardless.

Refresh

You must be a registered member for more
than 1 day before you can use our chatbox.
Quests
Alliance Battles
Challenges
Hourly Damage Variances
Jackal : -3
Sun Bear : -5
Red Fox : -2
    Fall Month: 1   Day  Weather:  Sunny
 Explore In: Now

Forums

→ Wolf Play is a fun game! Sign Up Now!

My Subscriptions
My Bookmarks
My Topics
Latest Topics
Following
Forums > Socialize > Writer's Nook
  1  2

Blood Moons LibraryJanuary 29, 2024 01:30 PM

Long Wang

Lightbringer

Give Award
Ok, I sort of gave up with the short story with the Four. I did a poll and it seemed like WP wanted a crow story. I present you....
Echoed Souls
Cast of characters-

Autumn- Female member of the Council.

Badger- Head of the Watch Crows

Bear- Junior Watchkeeper of the Watch Crows. Fourth in command of the Watch Crows

Bernie- Nursery Mother

City-dweller- humans who live in the city

Cloud- head Patrol Crow and an albino.

Council- A group of elected crows who make decisions for the group. Ten Crows (excluding the president) currently- Autumn, Ember, Golden, Iris, Midnight, Royal, Spring, Teal, Violets and Wind. Nobody knows their past positions and or names other than the president and any crows he wishes to give the information to.

Crowlings- Crows who are too young to be trainees. Are watched over by Nursery Crows and Nursery Mother.

Crows of the Hunt- a group of crows who hunt for the group

Daring- Head of the Crows of the Hunt really stubborn

Dust- Head Order of the Crows

Eastern Crows- the name of the crows who live in the eastern half of the city such as Bear and Stag.

Elder Crows- Crows who are too old to work or have sustained vital injuries.

Elder Crow Trainee- A rotating trainee position whose job is to care for the Elders.

Ember- male member of the Council

Emmie- Head Nursery Crow

Food bins- our trash cans/dumpsters

Flash- wise female crow of the Crows of the Hunt

Flare- Head Guard Crow

Field Day- Days scattered around that Trainees get to experience what other positions feel like.

Fighter Crows- not an official position but any crow who could fight was counted and trained as one

Grass-The current president of the council, only makes sure everything is in order. Nothing else is different.

Golden- female crow member of the Council

Guard Crows- Crows that guard the innermost ring of Trees, where most heads and the Council meets.

Head Crow of the Hunt- leader of the Crows of the Hunt. Currently- Daring

Head Elder Crow- Often the oldest and wisest Elder Crow. Often assists the Council. Currently- Opossum

Head guard crow- leader of the Guard Crows Currently- Flare

Head Med Crow- leader of the Med Crows. Currently- Skye

Head Nursery Crow- Usually the Nursery Mother but is a constantly changing elected position among the Nursery Crows. Currently Emmie.

Head Order of the Crows- leader of the Order of the Crows. Currently- Dust

Head Patrol Crow- leader of the Patrol Crows. Currently- Cloud

Head Watch Crow- leader of the Watch Crows. Currently- Badger

Hyena- an elderly Watch Crow under Stag’s command

Inner trees- small ring of trees surrounded by Watch Trees in a triangular formation. These trees are home to the heads of crows, Council and their families. Most offices reside here.

Iris- male member of the Council

Jeopardy- What the Council calls it when a crow is in risk of losing his or her position but they don’t lose it because they might be able to revive themselves’ in the Council’s eyes

Lark- a Watch Crow under Bear’s command

Med Crows- a crow trained in the fields of medicine using natural remedies

Midnight- dark blue male member of the Council

Moose- a male Watch Crow. Stag’s mentor.

Mouse- The mid Watchkeeper

Nightingale- a Watch Crow under Mouse’s command

Nursery Crows- Mothers and expecting female crows live here until their children reach Trainee age.

Nursery Mother- a permanent spot, no retirement other than death. Permanently resides in the Nursery.

Nursery Mother Trainee- A highly valued position for a trainee. The Nursery Mother personally selects this highly respected trainee and trains them until the Nursery Mother dies.

Opossum- Head Elder Crow. Previously a Watch Crow.

Order of the Crows- a group of crows charged with maintaining the cleanliness of the Inner Trees

Patrol Crow- crows that patrol the land outside of camp in the city. Usually watches from pole lines.

Pole lines- Their word for our telephone wires

President or President of the Council- a rotating position within the Council that changes yearly through elections. Only makes sure everything is in order and is the tiebreaker if it is ever needed.

Royal- female dark violet member of the Council

Sewer Crows- see white-winged crows

Shadow- A patrol crow under Cloud’s command.

Skye- Head med crow

Spring- male member of the Council

Stag- The senior Watchkeeper

Stargazer- A young promising crow fresh out of training. Mysteriously disappears one day. Is a Watch Crow under Stag’s teachings.

Starver- first crow to start the Crows of the Hunt. Was rescued by Moose and a young Stag.

Trainee- Any crow over 2 months old and depending on the position they’re training for, until they’re 5-12 months old before officially becoming an adult crow. Are assigned to care for Elder Crows and Nursery Crows. May be assigned to a specific Upper Crow for training.

Truthfinder- an albino badger with red eyes. Was not born into the Eastern Crows but was accepted for no known reason. Rumor has it that he can see the dead who give him visions of the future. Rumors not confirmed.

Teal- a dark blue male member of the Council

Upper Crow- any crow that’s a Head of Crows or higher such as members of the Council and their families.

Violets- a dark violet male crow, brother of Royal. First two siblings to be elected to the Council.

Vulture- A Watch Crow Trainee, training under Hyena of the Third Watch Tree, overseed by Stag

Watch Crow- A crow that resides in one of the three Watch Trees, and guards the outer home domain of the camp.

Watch Trees- Three trees scattered around the border of camp. Home to most Watchkeepers, Watch Crows and Watch Crow Trainees.
Watchkeeper- there’s three, senior, junior and mid. They each are in charge of their own Watch Tree and are responsible for anything and everything that happens. Second to fourth in rank of the Watch Crows.

White-winged crows- newcomer crows that live in a mysterious place in the sewers. Parts of their wings are white but they’re still crows.

Wind- a pale gray crow member of the Council

Sewer Crows-

Haunted- a wise old Sewer Crow

Louse- the most impatient Sewer Crow Trainee

Patience- Louse’s mentor

Rage- leader of the Sewer Crows

Sewer Crows- crows who live in the spacious sewers

Blood Moons LibraryJanuary 29, 2024 04:57 PM

Long Wang

Lightbringer

Give Award

Prologue:

The night sky shimmered with stars across the bustling city. The moon was dark, perfect for a scouting mission. Below him, the city’s lights shone bright and the smoke drifted up to him. Even from this far up, Stargazer could hear the rumbles of the cars and the hums of the lights. Stargazer folded his wings as he came to a stop on a city lamp post. All was quiet, as his beady black eyes scanned the street below him. Stargazer frowned. Stag had been so certain that something would happen tonight. Maybe this mission would end in disappointment, after all, Stargazer thought, disappointed. His head snapped up, as if he heard something. He heard a rustling. “Who’s there?” Stargazer called out, but couldn’t see anything. Around him, the city seemed to have grown darker. He looked up to see the stars covered. This is normal, he told himself. Clouds cover the sky all the time. But something was wrong about these clouds. They were black, and they stood out against the night sky in a certain way. It was as if you could see every single puff of cloud. Clouds that black shouldn’t stand out against the dark night sky, Stargazer pondered. A sudden wind picked up from nowhere and Stargazer felt his feathers blow back. Stargazer’s eyes snapped toward where the unnaturally strong wind was coming from, but couldn’t see anything. Another gust blew at him, stronger than the last. Stargazer had to get out of there! He spread his wings and lifted off into the night, the clouds seemingly even darker than they were before. Stargazer flew rather awkwardly, as the wind kept blowing him sideways. And, were the clouds moving downwards? It seemed as if those midnight black clouds were coming down to eat him. He flapped faster, trying to steady himself against the wind, which seemed to be even stronger than anything he had ever experienced. Suddenly, those dark clouds descended upon him and he felt himself lose consciousness. Will Stag ever find me? Stargazer wondered.

Blood Moons LibraryJanuary 29, 2024 04:59 PM

Long Wang

Lightbringer

Give Award

Chapter 1:

Stag gazed worriedly from his perch near the topmost branch on the tree. The sun had set when Stargazer left and now the rays of dawn were peeking out over the towering structures of the city. He hadn’t heard anything from Stargazer, only from the other scouts who reported they couldn’t find him. Maybe Stargazer was the wrong crow to send on that mission, Stag sighed. Stargazer was a young crow, only a few months outside his training. Stargazer had been a promising crow, an outstanding one, from the beginning. Now, it seemed like Stag had pushed him too much. Stag gazed out in the now brightly lit morning before returning to his nest, in a nook between the trunk and one of the branches below the current one he had been keeping watch on. As he hopped down, he saw Mouse, the other watchkeeper, hop up onto the tallest branch where Stag had been earlier. Even as he settled into his nest, Stag’s mind couldn’t rest. His mind was bustling with thoughts about the day’s events. He wondered where Stargazer was and hoped someone would notify him if Stag had returned. He twitched, unable to fall asleep. Might as well report a crow missing, Stag thought sadly as he hopped out to the outer branches and flew off in search of the main tree, leaving his watch tree far behind. As he fled past many of the other oak trees, he saw some other crows. “Could I speak with Cloud?” He asked one of the guard crows, referring to the strange albino crow that was the head of the patrol crows. “Sure.” The other crow tipped her head, recognizing his rank as Watchkeeper. “He’s out on one of the pole lines.” “Thanks.” Stag croaked as he flew off in search of Cloud. The pole lines were a large network of tall, thin structures that stretched nearly everywhere in the city. Many of the patrol crows were well known for patrolling their sections from the pole lines. Stag finally found Cloud on one of the northernmost stretches of the pole lines. “Cloud.” Stag bowed his head respectfully, recognizing Cloud’s rank as head patrol crow. “May I speak with you for a moment?” “You never really make it a moment, do you?” Cloud had a twinkle in his beady red eyes. “Come here and speak what you want.” “I want to speak with you about Stargazer.” Stag was unsure where to continue. “Ah, Stargazer!” Cloud seemed excited. “I remember how you were always going on about how promising he was. How is he coping with the duties? By the speed you’ve been giving them to him, he might become a Watchkeeper soon!” Cloud caught Stag’s disappointed gaze. “What’s wrong?” “I sent Stargazer out on a scouting mission around the center of the city.” Stag paused. “He set out at sunset and has never come back.” “So you’re worried about him?” Cloud’s expression was light, but Stag heard something shift in his tone. Something was wrong. Cloud caught Stag looking at him, strangely. “Shadow reported a…” Cloud paused, as if looking for the right word. “Strange mist covering the stars.” “Clouds?” Stag was confused. Clouds covered the stars all the time. Cloud shook his head. “More solid in color and a midnight black.” “Storm clouds?” Cloud shook his head. “They disappeared this morning. No sight of rain, not even a single drop. From the description, the clouds seemed too dark to even be a storm cloud.” Stag was stuck. What other thing could it be? “I’ll head back to the Trees.” Stag said after a few moments of pause. Cloud nodded. “If you see Badger, tell him that I want to talk to him.” Stag nodded. Out of the watch crows, Badger was the only Watch Crow higher ranked than him. He bowed one last time before spreading his wings and heading back to the Trees. On his way to one the Third Watch Tree, Stag saw Badger. “Hi, Badger. Cloud said that he wanted to talk to you.” Badger smiled before waving him on. He flew toward one of the lower branches where they kept their stash of food. It couldn’t be a coincidence that the black mist had appeared and Stargazer had disappeared. As young as Stargazer had been, Stag couldn’t let any crow go missing. He paced about the lower branches until he flew up to his station as Watchkeeper. Each of the Watchkeepers had a station in one of the Watch Trees. Each of the Watchkeepers were head of that Watch Tree. Stag was senior compared to the other two and was the head of the largest Watch Tree. His eyes scanned the horizon, his Tree bordering the bustling city. His Tree was his responsibility, plus the crows inside them. If he couldn’t find out why, Stargazer’s disappearance would be his fault and he would be forbidden from ever moving higher in the ranks ever again. He had worked way too hard for this spot to watch it unravel bit by bit. He glanced up at the sky, as if expecting to see Stargazer flying in.The sun was high in the sky now, but there was still no sign of a crow, much less Stargazer. His gaze was suddenly drawn upward as he saw the shape of Cloud, his white plumage easily recognizable against the bright blue sky. He was being chased by crows, but these crows’ wings were outlined with white. There were too many of the white-winged crows for this to be a normal occurrence and he had no idea about it. Cloud seemed to spot Stag since he dived toward his Watch Tree. “Cloud! What’s wrong?” Stag asked panically as the crows chased after Cloud but other watch crows went out to meet them. “Hyena!” Stag called out. “Get in touch with the guard crows or the fighter crows.” Hyena nodded and flew off in the direction of the Main Trees. “What happened?” He repeated his question to Cloud. Cloud’s eyes grew wide as he spoke. “I was coming back from my patrol position and they came out of nowhere from above and ambushed me. It’s a miracle I got back.” Stag nodded worriedly. The watch crows were trained to watch, not to fight, and Hyena wasn’t back with reinforcements. “Do you need to see a med crow?“ Cloud shook his head vigorously. Stag’s eyes were drawn back to the fight. The other white-winged crows were flying off. “Vulture!” He called out to Hyena’s six month old trainee. “Inform Hyena and the others the white-winged crows have fled and we don’t need reinforcements anymore.” Vulture nodded before flying off. “Who are those crows?” Stag turned to Cloud. “I need to inform the other Watchkeepers if they’re going to be a threat.” Cloud shrugged his wings. “I’ve never seen them or heard reports before. Maybe the Crows of the Hunt have seen them before?” “Maybe.” Stag was unsure. For centuries, the Elder Crows had been sure that they were the only crows in the city. “Yeah, there’s no convincing you that these crows have been here for a long time.” Cloud laughed, trying to make a joke, but Stag didn’t feel in the mood. “We need to talk to the Council.” Cloud said more seriously. “Bring the other Watchkeepers and Badger, make sure the heads will all be there. I’ll talk to Grass.” Stag nodded. Grass was needed if they wanted to convene the Council. “Hyena!” He called out when he saw her. “Take charge of this Watch Tree for a few moments. I have to go.” Hyena nodded and Stag turned around to find Cloud already gone. Time to find the other Watchkeepers, he thought.

Blood Moons LibraryJanuary 29, 2024 05:00 PM

Long Wang

Lightbringer

Give Award

Chapter 2:

Stag flew through the skies, looking for Daring, the Head of the Crows of the Hunt. Daring was often the hardest to find, plus the most stubborn. How Daring even became Head was a mystery to Stag as Daring was older and became head before Stag was even born. His eyes scanned the sky above him, noting the setting sun. It had been almost a day since Stargazer had left. The sky was thankfully clear of those white-winged crows. His eyes scanned the food bins, where the Hunt could often be found scavenging this time of the day. Daring’s mottled green eyes were usually so recognizable from any group of crows, but now, all it reminded Stag of was those white-winged crows who had a frightening similar shade of green for eyes. Stag saw many of the Hunt’s eyes snap up to him as he flew past. Their eyes were a beady black, so similar to his own. Black, black, black, Stag thought as he searched their gazes for that mottled green. He frowned as he kept on finding Hunt members but not Daring. Then, he saw Flash. Flash’s black plumage had a startling array of violets and blues. “Flash!” He called out. Flash glanced at the others before flying up to meet him. “What do you want, Stag?” Flash’s voice didn’t hold the usual respect that most lower-ranked crows held for him. Most crows of the Crows of the Hunt were more suited to living alone and Flash wasn’t an exception. The Hunt wasn’t a thing a year ago, when the crows scavenged food where they could and the Trainees fed the Elder Crows and Nursery Crows. It had all started that cold day, a day that symbolized what a cold, snow-filled, treeless winter it would be. Stag had been hunting along the outer edges of the city with Moose, another Watch Crow, when they heard a croaking noise. Thinking it was a Patrol Crow in trouble, they had found the source of the noise in the sewers. There was a crow caught in a fox trap who had fallen down there. The crow had gotten free, but the trap had nearly torn parts of his wings off, no longer enabling him to fly out. Moose and Stag had flown him out and to a Med Crow to help fix his wing. After that, Starver started the Hunt, mostly recruiting other lone crows until there were Trainees for the Hunt to train.That crow, Starver, as he had been recently named, had admitted to having been in those sewers for nearly a week before Moose and Stag found him. He had been living in a makeshift tunnel off the main sewer, but that tunnel already had living quarters, plus a constant food and water supply. It was large enough to suit as a shelter for nearly four times the size of Stag’s camp. Nearly suited for four times the amount of Crows Stag lived with to live in… Stag’s heart raced as he figured out something life changing. This could mean everything! Then he realized Flash was still looking at him. “I need to speak with Daring.” Stag could barely keep the excitement out of his voice. This could change everything! “I can carry any messages.” Flash’s voice was assuring, but Stag paused. “Tell Daring that the Council is convening immediately and we need him to be there. If he meets any other Heads, tell him to notify them and tell him that the Stargazer might as well be dead.” Stag knew Daring always had a soft spot for Stargazer and had wanted him to become a Hunt Trainee, but Stag took him. “What’s happened with Stargazer?” Most of the Hunt had a soft spot with Stargazer. “He’s…” Stag paused, searching for the right word. Stag sighed. “He’s disappeared. Into thin air. We can’t find a body or anything. Cloud believes it has to do with the strange black mist that covered the clouds last night.” Flash stared at Stag. “Ok, I’ll notify Daring. Don’t you have other Heads to find?” Flash and Stag flew off into opposite directions. Stag headed in the direction of the 1st and 2nd Watch Trees hoping to find Mouse and Bear. Flash found them with Opossum, Flare, Skye, Emmie, Dust and Badger. Stag quickly bowed his head at the sight of the Heads, grateful they were in the same place. “Cloud has called a Council Meeting.” Stag panted, tired from flying around the city and from lack of sleep. “He wants the Heads and the Watchkeepers.” Mouse and Bear dipped their heads, recognizing Stag’s rank as senior Watchkeeper while the Heads just nodded. “Is this about the accident with Cloud at your Watch Tree earlier?” Badger asked and Stag knew he had underestimated the seriousness of the situation at his Watch Tree. “Kind of.” He replied. “I think it's more about the white-winged crows than what happened.” Badger nodded. “Is there any other crow you need to get?” Stag paused. If his guess was true, Moose would be helpful. But Moose had retired as an Elder Crow a month ago, Stag had been his last trainee. “Is it too much to bother Moose? It could be important.” Skye nodded. “Find Moose. Bear, go with him and get Moose to the Council chamber safely. If Moose doesn’t want to go, don’t force him.” Stag bowed one last time before watching the Heads and Mouse fly off. He and Bear flew off toward the direction of the Elder Tree. They were greeted by a Guard Crow but were waved in and directed in Moose’s direction. “Moose.” Stag bowed, recognizing Moose’s rank as Elder Crow and his mentor. Bear followed his lead. “Stag.” Moose’s voice was a bit raspy but it still held the distinct warning in it. “How is your rank as a Watchkeeper suiting you?” “It’s great.” Stag smiled. “Moose, this is Bear, the Junior Watchkeeper. Bear, this is Moose, my mentor and an Elder Crow.” Bear and Moose exchanged greetings. “Moose, do you remember Starver?” Moose smiled. “You were so young, Stag. I thought the experience would be disturbing.” Stag smiled sadly. “You remember how large and suitable the space we found Starver in was for living?” Moose stared at Stag. “You think these white-winged crows live there?” Bear was confused but Stag moved on. “You saw how big the space was. It could fit four times our camp and still be comfortable. There was a nearly infinite food and clean water supply. An endless supply of bedding. A great camp for anyone who doesn't mind being underground.” Moose saw the gleam in Stag’s eye and understood. “You want me to prove it to the Council. You were too young for it to be a guarantee of truth, but coming for me..” Moose’s eyes gleamed. “I’ll come.” He got up and the three of them headed out toward the Council Tree. Stag hoped Flash convinced Daring to come. When they arrived, they saw a Guard Crow hesitate but his partner waved them through. Even Heads don’t enter the Council Tree often, Stag thought. The Head Elder Crow entered the Council Tree more than anyone else but the Council Crows themselves. They arrived at a door of branches tangled together. “Name, position and purpose.” A Guard Crow at the entrance eyed them carefully. “Stag, Senior Watchkeeper of the Watch Crows. Cloud, the Head Patrol Crow, asked for my presence at this Council Meeting. This is Bear, Junior Watchkeeper of the Watch Crows and Cloud asked all three Watchkeepers to be here. Mouse, the Mid Watchkeeper, is already in there. Moose is an Elder Crow and he knows something that could be important to the meeting. The Heads gave us permission to bring him.” The Guard crow nodded and opened the door for them. The Council Chamber was the largest indoor place in the entire camp. All the ten Council Seats were seated high up, the lower part filled with places to stand surrounding a ring in the center for witnesses to speak. The Heads had seats in the center. Stag immediately fell into a deep bow at the sight of the Upper Crows and Moose and Bear followed suit. “Get up.” Royal commanded. Stag quickly stood up, nearly desperate to share his predictions. He was glad, when he set his gaze around the room, to find Daring among the other Heads, even if he looked unhappy to be there. “Now that everyone’s here,” Grass, the President of the Council, started the meeting. “Cloud, you mentioned finding a black mist covering the stars last night?” Cloud nodded. “Shadow, one of my Patrol Crows, was the one who reported it first, but many similar reports came to me over the course of this morning and afternoon. Some even said there was unnaturally strong wind that prevented them from flying and had to find shelter before coming back to camp.” Stag squinted. Cloud never mentioned the wind before! Maybe Stargazer had found shelter in the sewers and couldn’t get out for some reason! He felt Moose’s gaze land on him. “And this earlier this afternoon,” Grass nodded before continuing. “You were ambushed by” Grass paused, as if trying to find the right term. “White winged crows near the Third Watch Tree under the command of Senior Watchkeeper, Stag?” “Yes.” Cloud dipped his head. “Many of the Watch Crows came to fight and Stag sent Hyena, one of his Watch Crows, for reinforcements.” “Which wasn’t needed, as Vulture, Hyena’s Trainee, came back with the news. Vulture also reported the two of you didn’t fight.” Grass didn’t say anything, as if waiting for an explanation. “The fight only lasted a short while, and it didn’t seem like we were needed. The white-winged crows only seemed to be there to see where Cloud was headed.” Stag bowed once more. “You also reported Stargazer, one of your newly trained Watch Crows, disappeared last night.” Stag nodded but frowned. He didn’t understand what Grass was getting to. “I put into motion that Stag’s position as Senior Watchkeeper be put into jeopardy.” Grass looked at the other Council members. “Several accidents have happened on his watch that could have been prevented. It shows he is irresponsible and slow to make decisions. Until another accident happens, Stag might be demoted to just a Watch Crow, or if he proves himself, he will stay in Jeopardy. Is the motion passed?” Around the room, wings were raised. The only wing that stayed down was Violet’s, Royal’s brother. “Passed.” Grass said. “Stag, you will remain as Senior Watchkeeper but be careful. Now if you’ll excuse us, we need to discuss the threat of the white-winged crows.” Stag knew they were about to be dismissed and he blurted out. “I think I know where they live or maybe Stargazer is!” Grass’s attention snapped back to Stag. “This better be good or you’re back to Watch Crow for speaking out of turn.” Moose stepped forward. “I believe the Council is familiar with how the Crows of the Hunt got started?” Daring glared at Moose. Grass nodded. “Yes, we’re aware you and your then Trainee, Stag, found Starver, who started the Hunt. Otherwise, I believe you’ve been a bit shy to give much details.” Stag stepped forward to be with Moose. “It was my Field Day for the Patrol Crows. Moose, Cloud and I were patrolling the easternmost part of the city when Cloud got called back because one of his Patrol Crows had gotten hurt.” Cloud nodded, confirming this incident. “It was the coldest day I’ve ever seen.” “I was with Moose, along the pole lines, when we heard something.” Stag paused. “Stag was the first to hear it.” Moose admitted. “But once he mentioned it, it was as clear as day.” “What was it?” Autumn’s eyes snapped to the two of them. “I heard a croak.” Stag paused, fully remembering the memory. “It came from under the pavement.” “The sewers.” Moose clarified. “You went down there?” Wind, another Council member, stared at them. “Trainees are known to get stuck in sewers during Patrol Crow Field Days.” Royal snapped. “Moose and Stag were right to check it out.” “Agreed.” Grass nodded, his mind thinking. Stag wondered if Royal had been a Patrol Crow before becoming a Council member. Or maybe she had a Trainee who had fallen down the sewer. Council candidates were required to have had at least one Trainee before they could be considered to be a candidate. “The first thing we saw when we entered the sewers…” Stag grimaced at the memory. “Was a fox trap with several what looked like wing and tail feathers still in there.” “It was a rat trap.” Moose corrected. “It was too small, sorry I’ve never corrected you.” Stag resisted the urge to roll his eyes and continued. “The feathers were a dark blue, dark enough to be a crow. Moose was afraid that a Trainee had fallen into a rat trap so we followed the trail of blood. We entered a vast cavern through the tunnels.” Stag looked around the room. “In fact, it could be like ten times the size of this.” “Not possible. We would know about it.” Wind growled. “Actually,” Violets corrected. “Nobody’s ever explored the easternmost sewers. No Patrol Crow ever brings their Trainees there and we only sent Moose and Stag because Cloud was there.” Grass nodded in agreement. “It could fit four times our population comfortably and maybe seven times our population with only a bit squeezed.” Stag continued. “And there were literally no problems. It had a high ceiling, you would only have to walk to enter and exit the sewers. It’s right next to an underground river, keeping the water clean. There’s a dumpster nearby, far enough from the water to not contaminate it, but it attracts the best food. Moss and branches wash there from the river to make bedding. Anybody who doesn't mind the darkness would find it a great place to live.” Grass nodded a bit reluctantly. “Does sound like a sustainable place to live.” Starver, when we found him, had been living there for a week.” Stag paused. “Actually, it was nearly a month.” Moose interrupted again. “Didn’t want to scare you.” Stag stared at him. “We flew him back to camp, realizing he wasn’t one of us, but we asked the Med Crow to help him. Starver survived and regrew both wings and started the Hunt.” “Nice storytelling.” Spring said. “But how is this useful to these white-winged birds?” Violets interrupted before Stag could say anything. “Grass, I have reason to believe Stag and Moose meant to say that since that sewer place can fit more than our population comfortably, the white-winged crows may have chosen to live there. It would also explain why we’ve never seen them before and they seemed to appear out of nowhere to attack Cloud.”

Blood Moons LibraryJanuary 29, 2024 05:00 PM

Long Wang

Lightbringer

Give Award

Chapter 3:

Stag nodded, thankful for Violets’s understanding. Grass seemed to consider Violets’s point. “Stag, bring a couple Patrol, Watch and Guard Crows and bring them down to check this sewer place. Don’t bring Fighter Crows. Speak to Truthfinder. Find out what you can and if it's too risky, come back. Don’t engage with these white-winged crows unless necessary. Prioritize finding more about these crows, not Stargazer.” Stag nodded before bowing and stepping out. Just as he was about to leave, Grass muttered. “You’re not out of Jeopardy, but you’re still Senior Watchkeeper.” Stag flew toward Truthfinder’s bush. Truthfinder’s identity has always been a secret, but most mysteriously, his den was his own and wasn’t a tree. Truthfinder had joined the Eastern Crows before Stag was born and was one of the oldest beings Stag knew, or at least heard about. He landed near the bush that belonged to Truthfinder when a white paw swiped at him. Stag jumped back, surprised to see a paw. Whatever was in there wasn’t a bird! And albino? A large furry white head peeked out and looked a bit sorry. “Sorry, thought you were a troublesome Crowling or Trainee.” Stag tipped his head. “Are you Truthfinder? Grass sent me.” Stag was amazed that Truthfinder wasn't a crow, but now it made sense. But what was Truthfinder? Stag followed Truthfinder inside his den. “Hello, Stag.” Truthfinder greeted him once they were inside and Stag was surprised Truthfinder knew his name. Stag was reminded of the rumors that Truthfinder could speak to the dead and could see the future. Truthfinder led Stag to a pearly white crystal set in the middle of a cave. “This is a Spiritcatcher. One of the rarest crystals in the world.” Truthfinder explained. “Do your powers come from it?” Stag couldn’t help but blurt out. “Kind of.” Truthfinder didn’t seem offended. “It connects me to the dead in a certain way and they give me information about the past and present and riddles about the future. You want to know who to bring with you on your scouting mission?” Stag nodded. Truthfinder closed his eyes and circled around the Spiritcatcher twice. His ears twitched and then a misty fog appeared, surrounding both Truthfinder and Stag. A face appeared next to them. It was nearly identical to Truthfinder, but it wasn’t albino. “Truthfinder, my badger, “ That’s what Truthfinder is, Stag thought. A badger! “The answers to what the deer seek lies in the hope of the least. Find the pair, the one who croaks at dawn and the one who croaks at night.” The face and the mist slowly disappeared. “The pair who croak at dawn and croaks at night.” Stag muttered. He looked up at Truthfinder. “Who could that be?” Truthfinder shook his head. “You must find that out yourself, young one.” Stag’s thoughts traveled to Stargazer and then to the mist, and then the mysterious, white winged crows, and then the other birds around the city. Days seemed to pass as Stag’s thoughts drifted through the city creatures until he landed on a pair. “The lark and nightingale!” Stag exclaimed. “The lark sings in the morning and the nightingale sings during the night. But there aren’t any Watch Crows of the Third Watch Tree named that and those sound like Watch Crow names.” “Indeed they are.” Truthfinder sighed. “But the Third Watch Tree isn’t the only Watch Tree, is it?” Stag suddenly realized what Truthfinder meant. “Nice to meet you, Truthfinder. I have two Watchkeepers to find.” Truthfinder smiled and Stag went to head out. Just as he left, he thought he heard Truthfinder murmur. “I hope you find Stargazer, young one.” Once he exited, he found Royal outside the Council Tree which meant the meeting had adjourned. He headed toward the First Watch Tree, under Bear’s command. Bear would know if there was a Lark or Nightingale under his watch. “Bear!” He exclaimed when he saw the extraordinarily large crow in front of him. Bear turned and saw Stag. “Hi, Stag. Do you need me for something?” Bear bowed. “Is there a Lark or Nightingale in your Watch Tree?” Stag hurried. “Truthfinder said that I need to bring crows named Lark and Nightingale on the journey.” “Are you sure?” Bear’s eyes squinted. “There is a Lark but he’s a 5-month old Trainee. Though, she is a well trained one at that.” Stag nodded and Bear headed inside the tree. Moments later he was back out with a young crow in tow. “Stag, this is Lark. Lark, this is Stag, the Senior Watchkeeper. He needs you for something. I’ll leave you to it,” Bear left them alone. Stag headed toward the Second Watch Tree, where Mouse was, with Lark in tow. “Mouse!” He exclaimed when he saw her. “Is there a Nightingale in your Watch Tree?” Mouse looked at him. “Yes, he’s a Trainee. You want him?” Stag nodded. “Fine, I’ll get him.” Mouse flew into her Watch Tree. A few moments later, a crow came out. “Mouse said you wanted me?” He bowed, recognizing Stag’s rank. “Yes, we’ll be scouting the Eastern sewers.” Stag said firmly before leading the two of them out of camp. He immediately went south to a hole in the ground that led to the sewers. He made sure it was safe before letting the two Trainees hop in and he hopped in last. The sewers were thankfully well lit, courtesy of the city-dwellers. The chosen tunnel was high enough for them to fly toward the direction of the place where they found Starver, but instead, they ran, sticking close to the shadows.They were nearing the place when they heard voices. Stag immediately signaled for the Trainees to stay quiet. “Rage won’t let us get near those crows.” One voice complained. “I know, but you need to be patient, Louse.” Another said. “Easy for you to say, Patience.” Louse grumbled. “Good things come to those who wait.” Another voice butted in. “Easy for you to say, Haunted.” Louse groaned. “You never even do anything.” “Maybe,” Haunted sighed. “But without me, you would have never learned that there’s three crows eavesdropping on our conversation.”

Blood Moons LibraryJanuary 29, 2024 05:02 PM

Long Wang

Lightbringer

Give Award

Chapter 4:

Stag stifled a gasp, but he heard both Lark and Nightingale gasp. Louse and Patience whirled around. Stag signaled to the others to back up slowly, before realizing that they were backed up against the wall. Stag silently cursed himself before facing Louse and Patience. Haunted, Stag assumed, had gone to warn the others. “Eastern crow.” Patience growled, recognizing Stag was in charge out of the three of them. “White-winged crow.” Stag growled right back. Patience was a lot older than Louse, only a few weeks younger than Stag, if Stag’s guess was right. Lark, Nightingale, and Louse seemed to be around the same age. Stag frowned. Patience seemed to be Louse’s mentor. There was a slight staring contest, as if they were each willing each other to back down. Stag withdrew his gaze first, surprised at the color of Patience’s eyes. “Daring.” He heard Nightingale mutter. Nightingale was right. Patience’s eyes were the same mottled green as Daring’s. Now that he looked closely, he realized that the two crows both had the same black feet, three claws and a small hind claw. Daring’s head was the same square shape and they both had muscular builds and large wings. “Where did Daring say he was from?” Lark hissed out of the corner of her beak at Stag. Stag groaned. Most of the Hunt came from outside the Eastern Crows and Daring was no exception. “Daring refused to say anything about his past.” Daring’s explanation had been the most memorable one: nothing. “We found some of your wing feathers earlier when we first arrived.” Patience broke the silence. “We thought you would come back.” Starver, Stag latched onto the memory. That meant the white-winged crows had come here after he had rescued Starver. Could Daring have come from these crows? But Daring didn’t have noticeable splashes of white anywhere. Louse stared at Lark and Lark stared back. Nightingale was looking at Stag confused and Stag realized that they didn’t know about the details of Starver. “It wasn’t our feathers.” Stag knew he had to tread this ground carefully. “Or, at least it wasn’t our feathers yet, anyway. I had no other reason to come back.” Stag was pretty sure he was the only one in that part of the sewers staring at himself. Lark finally broke the silence. “We all know you found Starver. What in the name of the crows happened?” Patience lifted an eye at the name but didn’t say anything. “The details of what he was wasn’t clear.” Stag let himself dive into his memories. “Me and my mentor, Moose, were going around the city. Cloud was wit us but had to leave. We heard noises in the sewer.” “These white-winged crows?” Nightingale interrupted. Stag shook his head. “Around a year and a half ago.” Stag didn’t reveal how he knew that the white-winged crows hadn’t been here the day the future of the Hunt was forever changed. “We entered the sewers and the first thing we saw was a rat trap. Around it and in it were several what looked like crow wing and tail feathers. We thought a Trainee had fallen down the sewer and into the trap so we looked around and followed the trail of blood. We only moved a few spaces before entering what is the largest cavern I’ve ever seen in my life. It was more than large enough to fit four times the Eastern Crows comfortably and maybe seven times and it would be only a bit uncomfortable. There was a nearly endless clean water, food and comfortable bedding supply.” Patience squinted at Stag, recognizing the description. “In one of what looked like a premade nest, we found a crow. It wasn’t a Trainee, but we brought him back to camp where a Med Crow healed him. After that, he stayed with us for around a month before leaving this world. During that time, he started what we call the Hunt and became known as Starver. He might have been there for almost a month in the sewers before we found him.” Lark and Nightingale had joined both Patience and Louse in staring at Stag. “If a single weakened crow could survive for nearly a month in this place and barely make a dent in the resources, why not an entire population?” Stag shot. They heard footsteps and whirled around. Patience and Louse were clearly not expecting others. When the crows stepped into the light, two crows caught Stag’s eyes. One had familiar mottled green eyes and the other had the familiar intelligence of a crow older than anyone in his eyes. “Stargazer? Daring?” Nightingale almost whispered from beside Stag.

More Coming Soon!!! Follow the adventures of Stag!

Blood Moons LibraryAugust 22, 2023 02:03 PM

Long Wang

Lightbringer

Give Award
I do short stories! This was moved over from Chou Chou's small story shop. I do all sorts of short stories, romance, forbidden love, mystery, thriller, horror (pg13). PM me with any questions or post them here! I have more than a couple examples ready in my blog posts. Ever wondered about how I got my pack name? Or maybe more info about my alphas? Their short stories are all there! Living wolf's short stories can be found in their bio's. I'm still working on a couple, but wolves such as Smokyfire, Green Lantern and Tawnyface already have there's in stock! All credits such as ideas and characters belong to me.

Edited at December 17, 2023 12:28 PM by Blood Moon Christmas
Blood Moons LibraryAugust 22, 2023 07:11 PM

Long Wang

Lightbringer

Give Award
My favorite short story of how my pack got started.
Have you ever wondered how I got my pack name? Or are you maybe looking for ideas to change your own? Have you ever wondered why I have some wolves with names like Anaconda and others like Smokyfire? As of today, 8/17/2023, my first two alphas, Lion and Hyena have achieved their greatest wish. Their chosen pack name was achieved today. Since both of them aren't here today to tell you their story, it's my job to tell it for them.
"Who are you? This is my territory." A she wolf in front of him growled. "Leave now and you may still be intact." She continued. "Or else?" Lion dared her. He was what they called a lone wolf, living, hunting and fighting by himself. By the smell, this she wolf was also a loner. Without answering or warning, the she wolf leaped upon him, teeth snapping and claws outstretched. Lion quickly dodged and tried to strike back, but the she wolf was too quick for him. Soon, she had him pinned. "Better luck next time." She said. She was about to end it, but then, a shadow came across them. They looked up to see the sun disappear completely. A few moments later, the sun came back. The she wolf seemed to consider something, and then helped Lion back to his feet. "I'm Hyena." The she wolf continued. "You're lucky I believe in omens." "Lion." Lion introduced himself. He felt ashamed, and lucky. "Do you want to start a pack?" Hyena continued. "Both hyenas and lions live in groups." Lion nodded. "Let's do it. Let's call it the Final Eclipse after the omen." "Good idea." Hyena was impressed. After years, the pack has grown and both founder wolves have died, but the next time possible, their dream name for the pack will come true. They will have no idea how much the pack will come from their fight and how much it will mean to their future. They had no idea how much their first adopted pup, Anaconda would mean to the future of both the pack and the world.
I hoped you liked it! All credits such as names and ideas belong to me.
Blood Moons LibraryDecember 17, 2023 11:02 AM

Long Wang

Lightbringer

Give Award
This story got voted as my next story. It is about four young dragons and a war. Not based on anything except a dream.
prologue-
yes I have a comic version and yes I don't know how to blend
the worded novel version will be added later
Blood Moons LibraryDecember 18, 2023 01:25 PM

Long Wang

Lightbringer

Give Award
Worded novel version of the dragon's war prologue-
Strongfire heard a knock on her door. She turned around, searching for the door but couldn't find any. The knocking became louder until a bird of fire appeared and she woke up from her vision. "Come in." She said to whoever was outside. Razortooth, her third in command, came in. "Strongfire." He bowed. "I was wondering if there were any news on Bigclaw?" Bigclaw was Strongfire's brother and he had disappeared many decades earlier. "No, there haven't be any news. I won't stop looking, trust me." Strongfire's bond to Bigclaw had been especially strong. Razortooth nodded. "Sharpclaw was asking about the triplets." Strongfire's talons instinctively went up to her pregnant belly. "They'll be fine." Strongfire said. "And they'll serve their kingdom well."
That was a decade earlier, Sharpclaw thought. And Strongfire had died giving birth to the triplets. He looked down. Fireweaver, Oceantide and Earthshaker were sleeping at his talons. The fourth, Spiritchaser, had be taken away by the birds of fire. The birds of fire's last words were a prophecy, saying his triplets were going to have a big destiny. Then, the Council had disappeared. There were still no news of Bigclaw, it had been a century since he had disappeared, if he still was alive. Right now, your destiny is to sleep, he breathed onto the triplets before taking a nap himself.
End of prologue.

Forums > Socialize > Writer's Nook
  1  2

Refresh

Copyright ©2013-2024 Go Go Gatsby Designs, LLC    All Rights Reserved
Terms Of Use  |   Privacy Policy   |   DMCA   |   Contact Us