Or at least not enough to break your messages or anything
 Amygdala
03:04:21 Amy/Anpmygdala
Plane
Lovely numbers XD
 Continental Wolves
03:04:16 Emmet , Spoopy Wolf
Luna
I mean I wouldn't splash you back as I have a set target already ..
 Amygdala
03:03:47 Amy/Anpmygdala
Plane
Could be lol
Now you better taise your pack dominance XD
 Boeing
03:03:27 Boe is a bear, Rawr!
Amy
I have 44 chinese pottery and 44 bronze figs.
That's neat lol
 Nymeria
03:02:59 Luna/Phantom
Emmet
That sounds tempting but I am scared of the conscequences. >.<
 Boeing
03:02:58 Boe is a bear, Rawr!
Amy
Honestly it's probably between Auk and I as to who bought the most tickets XD
 Amygdala
03:01:55 Amy/Anpmygdala
Oh lol...haha
 Continental Wolves
03:01:50 Emmet , Spoopy Wolf
Someone should splash me with water balloons :0
 Amygdala
03:01:32 Amy/Anpmygdala
Okay plane
How many items did you win XD
 Boeing
03:01:18 Boe is a bear, Rawr!
Amy
88 game mail.
That's your answer
 Amygdala
02:59:36 Amy/Anpmygdala
Eve
You're welcome
 Ecifircas
02:59:25 
Eve, yep. :D
 Boeing
02:59:17 Boe is a bear, Rawr!
Grey
That's good, food poisoning sucks >.>
I'm still cold but it's almost not-winter XD
 Amygdala
02:59:05 Amy/Anpmygdala
Finally...baelor doesn't dissapoint XD
 SixBears
02:58:44 evebot
Thanks guys!
 Listless
02:58:05 List
-WP Click-

Refresh

You must be a registered member for more
than 1 day before you can use our chatbox.
Quests
Alliance Battles
Challenges

Hourly Damage Variances
Grey Fox : 0
Caiman : +1
Ocelot : -5
    Fall   Night  Weather:  Hurricane  Moon: 
Sun 03:06pm   Packs Online:  100   
 Explore In: Now

Forums

→ Wolf Play is a fun game! Sign Up Now!

My Subscriptions
My Bookmarks
My Topics
Latest Topics
Following
Forums > Roleplay > Discussion
   1    2    3    4   ..   114 

Salvation | Fantasy Pirate RP DiscussionJuly 15, 2024 01:17 PM

Salt Shaker

Neutral

Give Award
hey gamers
while my EVIL homunculus los campesinos and i smooth out the magic system in my EVIL chamber, i have an updated role list that explains what everybody does around the ship. In order of rank
note that some of these have been edited to fit the RP better and may not be fully historically accurate
-
Captain
The captain chooses where the ship will sail to next and functions like their general during fights. Their word is final during battles as they were (most likely) voted into the position for their battle prowess and skill, as well as their ability to think quickly in stressful situations. On this ship, the captain also oversees jobs and distributes who gets what rank.
Quartermaster
The quartermaster has equal power to the captain but controls different things. They ration food and keep track of quarters, obviously. They make sure there's enough space and supplies for the crew of the ship, as well as materials that may be needed for battle. The ideal candidate for this role is someone who isn't a pushover and someone who will provide the needs regardless of circumstance or crew's personal feelings - such as Lola plotting to eat the baby sea monster. good of the crew > that wicked creature
First Mate
In the event that something happens to the captain, the First Mate will take over the role temporarily until they are voted in permanently. They function as the righthand man to both the Captain and Quartermaster and can do their jobs if either is absent - but since they aren't officially that rank, the results of their orders may vary.
Master Sailor / Pilot
The main navigator of the crew, typically the one with the most sailing experience and knowledge. They keep the ship on course and do most of the navigating after a destination has been decided on.
Carpenter/Medic
Whoever was good at cutting wooden boards would probably be good at amputating mutilated limbs, yes?
This rank is responsible for repairs and any serious ailments the crew members may come down with. This role is usually held by one person, but if an actual doctor or carpenter steps aboard, it could split into two.
Master Gunner
Similar to the Master Sailor, but for the guns and cannons of the ship instead. They are, again, the most experienced in this role.
Boatswain
Higher-ranking sailors who mainly do any job that less experienced ones can't. This also includes rigging the ship while on dock. Sometimes they keep track of the number of the ship's boats, but the quartermaster has more power over that.
Cook / Striker
The food catcher and provider, the cook does most of the fishing for marine life and most of the food processing. Since they work closely with the food, they're usually more aware of how many rations they are and update the Quartermaster on it.
Sailors
Everyone Else who isn't sorted into a specific spot. They could double as gunners or be skilled only with swords. On the White Tide, every member is an adult, so these folk also man the cannons instead of having powder monkeys do the task for them.
-
also note that these ranks are not all-powerful!! if all is peaceful and the ship is overflowing with supplies, everyone will be pretty much on the same level. Captain and Quartermaster may receive mild special treatment but they're definitely not given more rights than the others - pirates don't like strict leadership after all.
   Salvation | Fantasy Pirate RP DiscussionJuly 13, 2024 04:08 PM

Salt Shaker

Neutral

Give Award
hey gamers 😎
Here is the discussion for the Yet To Be Named Pirate RP. Here we will discuss plot ideas and maybe worldbuilding tidbits before making the sign-ups. I'll make the sign-up and roleplay thread, but not until we have a solid idea of what we want to do.
please don't post on this thread if you have not been invited. you can DM me if you'd like to join or would like to involve a friend, I most likely won't say no! i just want to make sure people genuinely interested can fill up the major spots
-
So far, the setting is a high fantasy world. Dragons, fairies, sirens, kingdoms, all that fun stuff. The characters are our simply epic pirate crew. I had a pirate ship from a previous RP named the White Tide, so for now that's the ship name unless we think it should be something different.
-
I have a few vague plot ideas which I will list below. We can either ignore em entirely or Frankenstein them together or just focus on one
-The crew is racing to find the treasure buried by their late captain, which contains many precious heirlooms of the Royal Family. However, the royal navy has gotten wind of this. A vicious race begins to try to reclaim the riches, the royal navy attempting to take what is rightfully theirs and the crew attempting to secure their treasure. On board, the crew isn't as organized as they once were - they have a new captain they're still adjusting to who does things differently.
Unsure of how we'd roleplay this with the navy aspect however. we could do both crews, like the typical two-faction setup?
-the crew is hunting sea monsters as a business venture. Different beasts have different bounties, and they're finally settling on a beast that will bring them a vast amount of money. However, this beast earned that hefty price by being so elusive and so incredibly dangerous, and they find the roles of hunter and hunted starting to flip
-for some reason or another, the crew has sailed into a dead sea with an oppressive fog. It started after sailing through a rough thunderstorm, and once the storm finally calmed, they were left in the deep mist that made the air heavy and seeing damn near anything hopeless. They can vaguely see the outline of looming rocks, putting all of them on edge because they don't know when they're going to hit one, but there's something in the waters that puts them too on edge to drop the anchor (or maybe they do eventually, but find themselves stuck). could be a haunted sea type deal with ghost ships and the like.

Edited at July 18, 2024 12:43 PM by Salt Shaker
   Salvation | Fantasy Pirate RP DiscussionJuly 13, 2024 04:08 PM

Salt Shaker

Neutral

Give Award
res
Plot
something in that treasure is magic. maybe the kingdom they stole it from is magic, could be some sort of elven kindgom. there's a special compass that could also track it, the crew has a hold of it and they are using it to find the rest of the treasure. but some sort of sea monster eats the treasure for some reason or another, could have just noticed something shiny and accidentally ate it, so this leads the crew on a new quest to hunt this beast down. they get excited because all signs point to this being a creature with a very high reward amount for slaying it. however, the sea monster goes to a sea known for being haunted (we could name it something Wicked), but they are so deadset on getting that treasure before the elves/whatever do that they follow it in anyway.
i also agree that one faction to focus on is better, i was worried it would get confusing and overpopulated if we included both. so maybe we could only play Important characters from the navy when they're necessary and then temporarily retire them when they step off-screen
i think the rp could start with them discovering that the compass is now pointing in a new direction instead of the stable one. gives us time for the storm drama and maybe a quick run in with the navy
-main sea monster's name is Mori'substel
-
Magic System
-to be added i don't feel like digging for it right neow
-
more things i'd like to address
-kingdom names, what sea they're on, where they're headed. name of the dead haunted sea they drift into. perhaps get some countries down and the races of people that typically live there so we can add backstories with some geography
--
ANIMAL NPCS!!
feel free to give me ideas for your own!! these are the animals on the ship
-
credits to Caribou for color, Comburo DA for lines
Mordred
Technically, Mordred is Gore's dog... thing... whatever. Gore found him when he made one of his Extremely Rare ventures off the boat. Gore's always had a soft spot for animals and this weird puppy looked cute so he decided he was going to snatch it up and take it with him.
Mordred is not a dog. He's something supernatural and has grown larger than even their biggest breed. That thing has eyes that glow in the dark and probably some untold powers. But Gore thinks he just found them a Really Weird Dog.
Mordred is very extroverted! He's probably trying to cover everyone in sloppy dog kisses at all times.
credits to SpaceMan for lines, Salt Shaker for color
Masha
This cat is older than most of the barnacles that cover White Tide's hull. She's a talkative old thing, always has something to say about someone. You'll know she's in the room because she likes to meow and chirp every time she passes through a doorway, tail up, eyes half closed because she's constantly tired these days.
Sassy old cat who tends to attack for no reason out of nowhere if you sit beside her long enough. She gets that burst of Youthful Energy that makes her feel the need to shred the nearest living being. Sweet though... in her own grumpy old geezer way. She's no one's cat, whoever brought her aboard is probably long gone now. The White Tide's unofficial mascot.
-
The Chickens
Several chickens, all of varying breeds. Descriptions to be provided one day, for now I will just list names
Eunice
Fuzzhead
Lassie
Bilge Rat
Crab Legs
more to be added
i tried to think up weird names that would come from a group of smelly pirates just watching their chickens do Whatever around the ship

Edited at July 28, 2024 09:57 PM by Salt Shaker
   Salvation | Fantasy Pirate RP DiscussionJuly 14, 2024 11:11 AM

Salt Shaker

Neutral

Give Award
An Attempt at A Magic System
Admittedly I usually avoid magic in my writing, so this may be very flawed or boring by usual magic-enjoyer standards. But I wanted to provide some Can and Cannots so magic cannot solve everything. I will be focusing on the elf magic for this since they’re the ones who we’ve mentioned having the most magic thus far.
Firstly, magic is kind of like science, except that they can’t really explain it properly but they do know how to use it. Magic itself could be some type of odd energy flow, something connected to water maybe since water is 1) natural, so elves would be more inclined to really connect to that, and 2) this is an Ocean roleplay. It could be that magic just kinda sits in the air at all times like moisture does. Magic comes in higher concentrations in the water, which is why the sea has a multitude of strange leviathans that would have never evolved under normal circumstances.
Magic reacts differently with different materials. It’s averse to iron and silver. It either won’t work or the reaction will be explosive, implying that there’s probably a whole separate table of magic types, but it’s so hard to even begin to try to categorize that they usually give up early, and they just follow a Basic Guide of magic. Magic creatures are more likely to be warded off by iron but usually won’t be too harmed by it, there’s just something about it that makes them wary. It could be that it’s similar in appearance to silver, which is highly deadly to all magic beings. Which could mean that silver is an outlawed material in any place that is governed over or has a tight alliance with the elven kingdom. Silver can really mess up a magic construction and can greatly wound magic forces - though clearly not too terribly, as the elves have found a workaround if they’re this powerful.
Magic could work like radiation, which is why it causes these odd beings to evolve after centuries of exposure (I imagine all of the magic creatures really are just creatures, but they’ve adapted so much over time to the magic that they’re very strange creatures). Depending on the concentration, this radiation could be extremely strong, which is why there’s a magic compass that can latch onto that artifact they need so terribly. This could also be why Moose’s potential character can get away with the “magic use makes your ears pointy!” excuse - elves and other pointy-eared beings are known for being born more in tune with magic, similar to a 6th sense, and if a human works with it for an extended period of time they, too, will start to develop elf-like traits. Not that their DNA changes and they become a new species, but you can see how elves evolved over time.
Because elves are more in tune with magic, they can cast it directly from their fingertips — if they’ve gone through the training required. Certain genes make magic expression stronger or weaker. It’s kind of like being double-jointed. Some elves can cast magic, others cannot. Being good at casting magic is a whole other thing because even if half the population is capable, they usually haven’t stretched that muscle enough to work well. Members of the royal guard, military, and royal family themselves probably undergo extensive training in this field so they can, and therefore they can keep their power.
That’s all I have right now, if there are any questions we can build off it.
Also, I’d like to briefly touch on magic classes so we can differentiate em better.
Wizards are like scientists, they study magic and attempt to classify it. They run experiments and are very knowledgeable on the subject, and therefore many other things since magic is so woven into this world. I imagine there are subclasses of wizard - are you a botanist? A biologist? A marine biologist? But as a wizard instead so you’re studying the magic aspect of these things specifically?
Mages are spell-casters, typically employed by nobles and the royals, sometimes deployed on missions such as hunting down pirates who know where the royalty’s famed treasure is. While they don’t usually experiment, they do read the articles and such written by wizards and follow the ‘known’ rules of the time. Usually the higher up their employment is, the better spells they can cast as they will be working closer with wizards and such.
Witches are illegal magic practitioners, usually women. They practice a more ‘primitive’ version of magic that depends more on raw materials themselves as well as the illegal use of magic beings. Ex: shaking a fairy like a salt shaker to get all the pixie dust out and add it to your otherwise typical, non-magical concoction. Witches are usually who cast hexes and curses. Typically these are made of specific ingredients and then cast with specific prayers, but a powerful witch can just as easily do it just by pointing at someone and saying something in a magic tongue.
i know there are other magic classes but i can’t think of em so that’s all you get
   Salvation | Fantasy Pirate RP DiscussionJuly 14, 2024 01:52 PM

Salt Shaker

Neutral

Give Award
ok im makin more names
-The Dead Sea that they sail too, or the Ghost Sea, or the Whatever, is officially called Marsur Sea. Sirens are said to lurk in the waters, but these are a more vicious kind that doesn't even bother with the human disguises - there's no point, no one sees them. They just hear the heavenly chorus luring them through the mist until they ram into a huge rock and the ship starts sinking, and then the feeding frenzy starts. There's also the sea monster they're chasing and numerous others. There's ghost ships, but these are rare. Most of the ghost ships wind up being underwhelming... just eerily empty boats that slowly float into view through the mist, completely barren of all life. But again, Marsur is cloaked in mist which means the moisture is even higher here (and magic in this world loves water), so sometimes there will be faint apparitions of the men on board.
-The Elven Kingdom is Perlicula, some weird elf word I don't know. they're on the coast, i imagine more Northward. The ocean they're beside and that the crew starts out on is.. uh.. Pearl Ocean (i am a bad ocean namer so if someone has a better ocean name HELP HELP HELP).
-also if anyone would like to add more to the geography... stares at you... i'd like if everyone stuck to fleshing out One place, like where their character came from, and then giving a General Location in relation to the bodies of water and the Singular Kingdom Mentioned. they could come from other kingdoms and countries of course
   Salvation | Fantasy Pirate RP DiscussionJuly 14, 2024 02:25 PM

silhouetteissleepy

Neutral

Give Award

If there's any info that you've posted that's wrong/missing from this let me know!! Otherwise if something is left blank for your character it just hasn't been posted yet. I'll make sure to keep updating this though!!

captain

Cynric - Human (Mostly?) - Played by sleepless nights

quartermaster

Lola Newbery - Catfolk - Played by los campesinos!

first mate

Celestine Starcatcher - Draconic human - played by silhouetteissleepy

sailing master

Gore Buckley - Human - Played by Salt Shaker

cook

Ariadne Savile - Naga - Played by Moff

medic

Deirdre Barr - Human - Mage - Played by Honey

master gunner

Iravan - Human/leviathan hybrid - Played by ThisIsAPackName

boatswain

Piers Burns - Wereotter - Witch - Played by Pegasus

sailor

Siansa Cordaimon - Human - Played by Matunda

Kai'zenanriah Fitz - Elf - Played by Moose

Morwenna - Played by Nirvana Sky

Played by High Hills Pack

Graham Fletcher - Fish person/human hybrid - Played by Frutiger Aero

Edited at July 17, 2024 04:41 PM by silhouetteissleepy
   Salvation | Fantasy Pirate RP DiscussionJuly 14, 2024 09:09 PM

Salt Shaker

Neutral

Give Award
this reminds me i should go more in-depth as to why witchcraft is Illegal
-
magic, in this world anyway, draws all its power from organic substances and their energies. Witchcraft is one of the most pure forms of this as they literally craft their spells. It also prevents damage from occurring to the witch herself - mages and wizards often look haggard and aged because the magic has been slowly siphoning the energy from them over time. The witch can cast spells twice as powerful with far fewer consequences as long as she crafts the spells and doesn't cast them directly from her fingertips. (this does not include any mental spells like telekinesis and the like, I'm still trying to think of the exact rules for that). this is also why wands are common in other fields, they channel the magic and separate it somewhat from the user... but not as much as witchcraft would.
-
Decay occurs in all spells, and the powerfulness of said spell determines how long the decay period will be. Witch spells have an obscenely long decay period because of their origin. Ex- if you were cursed to be a pig by a mage, you'd stay a pig for maybe three days before the spell wore off enough for you to Restore Your Humanity. If a witch did that with one of her crafted spells, you might start morphing back into something... human adjacent by the three-day mark. But the spell side-effects may cling on forever. You might still be making pig squeals as you laugh for the rest of your life.
-
on that note, one of the only Sometimes Legal and extremely long-lasting spell-casting methods is rituals. Sacrifices make rituals hang on for lifetimes because the magic can feed off of an organic body, the whole body, all at once. just a side note, not really witch-related, but of course, witch rituals are probably A Nightmare for any magic law enforcement to deal with because not only was there a sacrifice, there was a ton of witchcraft involved.
-
this was my Rough Overview me n los are still trying to sand down the rough edges but whateva whateva
-
EDIT: there was also what I previously mentioned in the original post, which was the illegal and sometimes inhumane use of magical beings in spells - depends on the coven really. the law says it's to keep magical creatures safe... but they also want to make sure nothing extremely magical is being used in a way that they can't track.

Edited at July 14, 2024 09:13 PM by Salt Shaker
Salvation | Fantasy Pirate RP DiscussionJuly 13, 2024 04:20 PM

silhouetteissleepy

Neutral

Give Award
Oh gosh I love all of these ideas!! I can't single one out that I like the most, they all sound like they'd be a lot of fun in their own ways.
Salvation | Fantasy Pirate RP DiscussionJuly 13, 2024 04:55 PM

Salt Shaker

Neutral

Give Award
real i am trying to figure out if there's a way i could meld all of em together
also i made a typo earlier, sorry if that confused anyone 😭 if you've been invited, you can post, what i had originally meant to say was "don't post on this thread if you have not been invited"
one day i wont keep forgetting important words in sentences 💔
Salvation | Fantasy Pirate RP DiscussionJuly 13, 2024 05:41 PM

silhouetteissleepy

Neutral

Give Award
No worries!! I'm just now realizing I somehow misread your typo, therefore understanding what you originally intended lmaooo. Whoopsies 😭

Forums > Roleplay > Discussion
   1    2    3    4   ..   114 

Refresh

Copyright ©2013-2024 Go Go Gatsby Designs, LLC    All Rights Reserved
Terms Of Use  |   Privacy Policy   |   DMCA   |   Contact Us