Wolf Play : War Dragons | Remade | Dragon x Rider Rp | Open!
Chatbox
 Tech
02:18:14 
Techno
We have TR, TW, or Tex
 Boo
02:18:12 Chrissy
i feel like amber heard when she said "my dog stepped on a bee" except it's "my dog ate my AC". 😖
 ~♥Nux♥~
02:17:45 Chat's snack
Welp, I have a new gear goal and it's gonna break me, but that's not gonna stop me because I have no sense of hoarding money.
 technoblade
02:16:29 Lil Techy | Techno
Tech Support

Oh?
 Tech
02:16:13 
Techno
I think I have a nickname for you
 technoblade
02:15:05 Lil Techy | Techno
Tech Support

Exploring here, writing, drawing, and reading. My favourite colour is teal :D
 Tech
02:14:00 
Techno
I always hate when that happens I wish you luck with them ^^

Oh what's one of your hobbies and your favorite color?
 Clear Sky
02:13:47 Sky / Blue - she,her
nah well im going to bed. goodnight chat!
 ~♥Nux♥~
02:12:15 Chat's snack
For someone with a massive sweet tooth, I do not like chocolate all too much. It's a one in a while, craving thing.
 Clear Sky
02:10:52 Sky / Blue - she,her
techno you need a nickname too ya know. hmmm lol
 technoblade
02:08:35 Lil Techy | Techno
Tech Support

Yay new nickname acquired.

I need the BE too but these guys have been way to accurate with their hits lately ;-;
 Clear Sky
02:08:17 Sky / Blue - she,her
techno lol that will surely make me heh
 Tech
02:07:32 
Techno
If you want I'll take the mountain lions and bears I could use the BE

The main reason I chose the name Tech is because I love techy things so honestly I wouldn't mind it
 Clear Sky
02:07:15 Sky / Blue - she,her
gg tiny, rematch?
 ~♥Nux♥~
02:07:06 Chat's snack
Throwback to the first digital anything I made

-Click-
 technoblade
02:07:05 Lil Techy | Techno
Sky

Go to bed!
 Clear Sky
02:06:23 Sky / Blue - she,her
techno i dont know 10 pm is here, but i keep telling myself 5 ore min and you stop over and over again lol
 Tiny Village
02:04:47 Tiny
Gg!
 technoblade
02:04:21 Lil Techy | Techno
Tech

I am good just exploring and getting my ass handed to me by bears and mountain lions as usual.

I feel like with you be Tech I should call you Tech Support or TS XD
 Pink Tears
02:03:27 Tears, Pink, Pinkie
Yeah I'm starting to think my friend group dosent want me around, I'm not in their group chat but that makes sense since I'm newer (they have iPhones and androids in the group so I can't be added) but they made plans for lunch and just kinda didn't invite me or tell me lol

Refresh

You must be a registered member for more
than 1 day before you can use our chatbox.
Quests
Alliance Battles
Challenges

Hourly Damage Variances
Red Fox : -1
Leopard : -2
Coyote : -4
    Spring   Day  Weather:  Sunny

Forums

→ Wolf Play is a fun game! Sign Up Now!

My Subscriptions
My Bookmarks
My Topics
Latest Topics
Following
Forums > Roleplay > Sign-Ups
   1    2    3 

War Dragons | Remade | Dragon x Rider Rp | Open!August 22, 2024 11:06 PM

Imperial Sands

Darkseeker

Give Award
War Dragons
The title is being workshopped.

Amongst all of the Kingdoms, none is known more for their Dragon Riders than the Kingdom of Wavaria. They're an ancient power, having been around for generations, some argue they were the first Kingdom to take hold. No matter what the truth may be, they're known for their ferocious and powerful dragons and riders. They keep the peace in their own lands with iron talons, and few would dare challenge Wavaria directly. However, the same cannot be said for the Kingdom of Valdara.

It's known to be a smaller, newer Kingdom, but one that has been steadily growing since it was founded. Unfortunately for them, this has caught the unwanted attention of a neighboring Kingdom, Aurvand, another dragon rider nation. None to thrilled that their smaller neighbors were flourishing, gaining powerful alliances that rivaled their own, Aurvand was quick to pick a fight with the smaller nation.

Valdara did it's best to fend off Aurvand on it's own, but the forces of Aurvand turned out to be far too overwhelming when their Riders and Dragons added to the mix. Having nothing to compete with the beasts flying overhead, Valdara turned to the one ally that might be able to give them a fighting chance: Wavaria. They're fully aware of the bad blood that resides between the two nations, and were hoping it might spear their ally into helping them.

Valdara's bets were right on. Wavaria was quick to act, sending over aid to help not only to fight, but to help them build their own Dragon Academy and develop their own Dragon Riders. In a matter of months, while Valdara held the front lines, Wavaria worked in the background to help them build up their forces until eventually Valdara had a set of it's very first Dragon Riders. However, these Riders and their Dragons were heinously under experienced and under trained. To help them out, Wavaria elected to send over a group of it's own experienced Dragon Riders to train and fight along side this new group in hopes of turning the tide of the war in Valdara's favor.

To encourage the new Riders, Valdara has decided to turn the training, and subsiquent war, into a competition for them. The squad that places the highest will be awarded the rank of Leader of their own Squads in the future. Everything hangs in the balance as war continues to break out all over Valdara as they wait for the Dragon Riders to enter the frey.

If there's any Confusion:
Valdara - The Smaller Kingdom in the War, Where this Rp Takes Place, Where the Rookie Pairs are From
Wavaria - The Allied Kingdom that Sends Riders/Dragons to Help, Where the Experienced Pairs are From
Aurvand - They Enemy Kingdom Waging War on Valdara

This is the Remade Sign Ups. Just so I can better keep track of who is in the Rp, with which characters. There will still be some spots open, but others will be pre-reserved by people still wishing to be apart of the rp.

Edited at August 22, 2024 11:12 PM by Imperial Sands
War Dragons | Remade | Dragon x Rider Rp | Open!August 22, 2024 11:07 PM

Imperial Sands

Darkseeker

Give Award
The Roleplay Rules
Follow all of Eve's and Wp's Rules

1. Be Active. Sometimes I'm not on for a couple of days, but I expect everyone to be as active as they can for the rp. Unless you are waiting for someone to post, you should be posting. Posts should be occurring every 3-ish days.

2. Reservations last 48 hours. You know how I work if they aren't done in time. You may ask for One Extention of Up to 12 Hours, but You Must Ask Before the Reservation has Expired.

4. Maximum of 4 Characters per Person for Now. You can only have 2 Dragons and 2 Riders, 1 in Each Available Role. HOWEVER. You MUST Make a Rider for Every Dragon you Want to make. And you must finish the rider before the Dragon is accepted. If you don't finish in time, both spots will be opened even if you have finished the dragon. You do not need to make a dragon if you want to make a rider though. This is to keep numbers balanced.

5. Semi-Realism and Semi-Literacy are required. Please do not make me explain myself. I will, however, be accepting more elf-like appearances for the Riders, so have fun with hair and eye color.

6. The Rookie Riders are New at This. There has never been a Dragon Rider in Valdara. They have 0 clue as to what they're doing.

7. For now, your own dragon and your own rider cannot be partners, this it to prevent people from not having others to post with.

8. I reserve the Right to Deny Applications for this Rp. I won't tolerate disrespect or rude behavior if your application gets denied, or your reservation/character get removed due to inactivity. If you do, I won't even give you the option to fix it or return. If you are respectful, I am often willing to work with you.

9. Try to keep things even with genders, it's much more interesting if things are diverse. LGBTQ+ is allowed and welcomed here too.

10. The Dragons do bestow 1 power upon their rider, and the dragons pick which power this is. However, you must get it approved by me first. Did you read rule 4? If so, put Blackbird in your form.

11. I will have Limited Types of Dragons. I won't be expanding on them, adding anything in, etc. If a role is taken already, please don't ask me to have that role too if it's not available. Also don't ask me to add in a Type of Dragon that isn't in. I purposely made a semi-new roster for this rp.

12. Just like the Rookie Riders, the Rookie Dragons aren't going to really have any combat experience in terms of human wars. They might have some knowledge of dragon on dragon fighting, but not anything like they'll experience in the war.

13. Have fun!
War Dragons | Remade | Dragon x Rider Rp | Open!August 22, 2024 11:08 PM

Imperial Sands

Darkseeker

Give Award
The Roleplay Information

The Dragons

There are a variety of dragons in the world, though everyone single one of them fall into one of the classes listed below. Instead of giving them a Singular, Pre-Decided Ability, I've decided to give you more Creative Liberty with Your Dragons. I will now List all the Classes Available, How Many of them There are Available, and that is it. You'll have to come up with the rest.

All the dragons in the Rp are the same age group of young adult, which is the stage where they are 50 years old or above, becoming full adults at about 250 years. The older a dragon gets the longer the aging stage lasts, ergo ancient is longer than adult, which is longer than young adult, which is longer than their adolescent stage, and so on and so forth. Dragons are considered semi-immortal but it has never been proven what age they die naturally at. The Experienced Dragons, since their Riders will have Elongated Lifespans, can be 350 Years Old at Max.

For the Purpose of this Rp, all Young Adult Dragons are capped at 19 Feet Tall. I've based this on the largest I would allow the Young Adult Dragons in former versions of this Rp. And the Experienced Dragons are Capped at 26 Feet.

For your dragons, though, it will be up to you to come up with their abilities and their individual weaknesses. Of course, I will have a specific set of Weaknesses that apply to ALL dragons, but each dragon will also have their own. You must have 1 Weakness for Every 1 Ability they have. So if you give them 5 Abilities, you must have 5 Weaknesses for them as well. Half of all of your Weaknesses must also be Physical Weaknesses or Limitations. This is to keep balanced, so no one's dragon is OP. If I do not think you have balanced your dragon enough, they will not be accepted.

Classes

New Age Type Classes
These are the Rookie Dragons

Earth

Masters of the land, Earth Dragons dwell in caves and mountains, wielding power over rocks and soil.
Water

Lords of the seas and rivers, Water Dragons navigate aquatic realms with ease, manipulating currents and tides.
Air

Air Dragons command the skies with their mastery over wind and the very air we breathe.
Force

Kings of the physical world, Force Dragons harness the power of fundamental energies that govern the universe, manipulating gravity, electromagnetism, and other forces.
Ice

Inhabitants of frigid landscapes and snowy peaks, Ice Dragons breathe freezing blasts and wield power over frost and ice.
Fire

Rulers of volcanic regions and fiery domains, Fire Dragons breathe searing flames and control intense heat.

The Ancient Type Classes

These are the Experienced Dragons

Nightmare

They tap into fears and darker emotions. Nightmare dragons challenge mortals to confront their inner demons and face their deepest fears.
Soul

Attuned to the essence of life and spirituality, Soul dragons guide souls through transitions and embody the interconnectedness of all living things.
Wraith

Wraith dragons are akin to death in a profound and eerie manner. Haunting cursed lands and haunted places, Wraith Dragons are ghostly beings.
Runic

These dragons are keepers of ancient runes and magic. Runic dragons embody the power of written spells and symbols, holding secrets of the past and future.
Mirror

Akin to mimics in the sense that they possess the ability to reflect and mimic the essence of their surroundings.
Chaos
Unpredictable and disruptive, they embody the raw power of chaos and change. They can manipulate chaos itself, warping reality and wielding unpredictable powers.

There is only 1 of each Type of Dragon for this Rp, so if it's taken, you cannot have it.

Dragon Weaknesses & Strengths
These are the Strengths and Weaknesses that all Dragons Share.

For Weaknesses:
⊗ Iron Weakens & Drains Them.
⊗ Soft Belly Scales
⊗ Cannot Fly with Injured Wings

For Strengths
⊕ Longevity & Superb Healing
⊕ Resistant to Specific Types of Human Magics [Curses, Mind Control, etc.]
⊕ Enhanced Abilities Such as Speed, Strength, etc.

The Riders

For the Riders of this Rp I've decided to stray a bit away from just humans. These will instead be more of a cross between Elves and Humans, but are still referred to as Humans [though referring to them as Elf is acceptable as well] as the two races have long since combined and there are no purebloods of either. This means appearance wise they can vary greatly in terms of appearance, and have the ability to have unnatural hair and eye colors, though their skin tones seem to be all within the natural spectrum for humans. I will aslo allow builds more similar to Dwarves. Halflings, etc. too.

The Rookie Riders will have little training in anything regards to Dragons, but they might have started training in different fields like swordplay, archery, healing, etc. They won't be masters by any means, but they can know some. Whereas the Experienced Riders will have much more knowledge in their fields, to the point where they likely have a specialization. Meaning I don't want to see Riders who are amazing at everything.

The Pairs will all be separated into two Squads: Squad Claw and Squad Fang. There will be 3 Experienced Pairs per Group, 1 Leader and 2 Lieutenants. And there will be 3 Rookie Pairs in each Squad. Once they complete training these are also the Squads they'll go fight in the war with, so that the Rookies aren't just thrown to the wolves.

The Dragon - Rider Bond

The Dragon and Rider Bond is something unusual and completely unique, unlike anything else found in the world. It's the only type of bond that creates a connection between two different species that, while intangible, has quite a few perks or benefits.

The bond is initiated either by direct eye contact or physical touch, and is often times painful for the human end of things for the first few seconds. This is due to the fact that humans are not used to sharing their minds with others, whereas dragons communicate telepathically all the time.

The first thing that takes place is a marking will appear on the rider, designating not only that they belong to a dragon, but which dragon. This is like the physical representation of their bond. This marking shows up as an ouroboros dragon wrapped around the riders wrist, the color of it matches the scale color of their dragon. This marking burns like hell for the first few seconds, and then throbs for the next several days before it eventually heals and no longer bothers the rider. This is also where they sense things through. If their dragon is in pain, it'll throb to let them know. If their dragon is weakening, it'll pulse. If the mark basically burns off their skin, leaving behind a terrible, constantly painful scar, their dragon is dead.

The bond between dragon and rider allows for several different things. The first is obviously the ability to communicate telepathically with each other. For a new bond this is relatively short distanced, however, as time passes, the distance increases to the point where it's over miles. The bond can also be used to instinctually find someone, no one really knows how this works, but if you focus on the bond, it will tug you in the direction of the other. This same bond also elongates the Rider's Lifespan. It by no means makes them immortal, but it can double, maybe even triple, their lifespan, causing them to age extremely slow. If their dragon dies, though, they start to age normally. They won't age rapidly to catch up, but they'll age at a normal rate again.

Lastly, the bond allows for one other thing. The dragon can bestow upon their rider one ability that matches their own type. So Fire Dragons give a Fire Ability, Water Dragons a Water Ability, etc. This isn't an ability that is overly powerful, it by no means rivals the dragon's own, but it gives the Rider an edge in the battlefield. The dragon decides what this ability is, and does so by forcing a bit of their power through their bond, enfusing their rider with it.

It's important to know that these powers take time to develop after being bestowed. They're relatively weak at first, due to it being a new bond. The stronger the bond between dragon and rider, the stronger the ability will become until it reaches it's full capacity. So the Rookie Riders won't have overly strong abilities at first.
War Dragons | Remade | Dragon x Rider Rp | Open!August 22, 2024 11:11 PM

Imperial Sands

Darkseeker

Give Award
The Available Roles

The Wavarians
These are the Experienced Pairs.

Riders
1. OPEN
2. Nicodemus Brooks | M | 26 | Imperial Sands | Pg. 1
3. Evangeline Richelieu | F | 26 | Spellbound | Pg. 2
4. Valencia Cobris-Strix | F | 25 | Urux | Pg. 2
5. Reserved for Sanania
6. OPEN

Dragons
1. Varkul'Duateme | M | Wraith Dragon | Imperial Sands | Pg. 1
2. OPEN | Soul Dragon
3. Reserved for Wayne | Nightmare Dragon
4. Skotosmimos | F | Mirror Dragon | Matunda | Pg. 2
5. Tyrrendorthe | M | Chaos Dragon | Urux | Pg. 2
6. Aloisa Sigrun | F | Runic Dragon | Spellbound | Pg. 2

The Valdarans
These are the Rookie Pairs

Riders
1. Reserved for The Wayne Pack
2. Maximillian Cantacuzene | M | 19 | Spellbound | Pg. 2
3. Iris Rostlina | F | 18 | Matunda | Pg. 2
4. OPEN
5. Laika Herriman | F | 18 | Mother | Pg. 2
6. Magnus Doorne | M | 19 | Urux | Pg. 2

Dragons
1. Cthonia | F | Earth Dragon | Imperial Sands | Pg. 1
2. Water Dragon | OPEN
3. Lorcan | M | Fire Dragon | Urux | Pg. 2
4. Savo'alath | F | Force Dragon | Mother | Pg. 1
5. Cryosphere | M | Ice Dragon | High Hills Pack | Pg. 2
6. Air Dragon | OPEN

The Pairings

Wavarian Pairs
1. Aloisa & Valencia

Valdaran Pairs
1. Cthonia & Laika
2. Lorcan & Iris

Edited at August 26, 2024 04:32 PM by Imperial Sands
War Dragons | Remade | Dragon x Rider Rp | Open!August 22, 2024 11:11 PM

Imperial Sands

Darkseeker

Give Award
The Forms

The Riders

Name:
Dragon:
Appearance:
Personality:
Strengths & Weaknesses:
Crush:
Partner:
Kin:
Affiliations:
Other:

The Dragons

Name:
Role:
Class:
Rider:
Appearance:
Personality:
Abilities:
Strengths & Weaknesses:
Crush:
Mate:
Kin:
Affiliations:
Other:
War Dragons | Remade | Dragon x Rider Rp | Open!August 22, 2024 11:12 PM

Imperial Sands

Darkseeker

Give Award
This is Now Open.
War Dragons | Remade | Dragon x Rider Rp | Open!August 22, 2024 11:13 PM

Imperial Sands

Darkseeker

Give Award

Credit Belongs to .freakls on Picrew.

Name:
Nicodemus Leovander Brooks;
Commonly called Nico, Demus, or Brooks
Role:
Experienced Rider
Dragon:
TBD
Appearance:

At a glance, Nicodemus can be a relatively intimidating sight, especially for those who aren't familiar with him. Standing at six feet and three inches, the tall young man tends to tower over most who are around him, catching the eyes of everyone without putting in any effort. Who's eyes aren't drawn to someone who literally stands above the crowd? He's not one of those super tall guys with pole like structure either, instead, Nico his meat to his bones, albeit not as much as others. He still holds a lean figure, but one that is athletic with toned muscle clearling lining his physique. He's in good shape, with defined muscle presenting itself where ever there is skin exposed. Nicodemus is by no means rock hard muscle, though he do have perfect choking hands if you know what i mean, or anything of the sort, but he's not someone to count out just because he isn't a double wide either. With his height, even his lean build isn't a light weight, as he comes in at about 213 lbs. He's no push over by any means, and with his muscular build, is capable of holding his own in most fights, but also capable of moving with grace and efficiency. Nicodemus keeps himself in good shape by constantly pushing himself in, well, everything.

Even without his height, it's likely that Nico would still catch the eyes around him for others reasons. The second being his hair. It's long, inky tresses are much longer than one might expect from a man, as they reach down to about his waist, maybe just a bit above. It's naturally straight which makes it's length easier for him to keep well groomed, though it's thickness and weight make it heavy sometimes. The hair is pleasing to the touch though, as it is well kept and is often quite soft to the touch. Not that he's going to let anyone touch his hair. That's a no no. It might be tempting to touch his locks, but it's not something he is going to let just anyone ever do. So avoid the temptation and keep your hands.

Truthfully, though, Nicodemus has a rather striking appearance, as if the combination of height and hair weren't captivating enough. His skin is a pale ivory color, the shade definitely being cold toned, as there is seemingly no warmth in his at all. Being a shade or two above alabaster, his fair skin is relatively unblemished by anything, with the exception of a few scars he has gained across his body. His skin is in great contrast to the inky mane of hair he holds, but the pair of slate gray eyes seem to tie the features together a bit and soften the devastation of their appearance despite being as cold as steel themselves.

Nicodemus' features all hold a familiar trait amongst them, they're all cold, straight edges. His jaw line, which is strong but narrow, sharp enough to cut glass, something that his cheek bones share. His eyes are a mix of almond and hooded, fitting the features of his face, as anything too round or big would look out of place on the recesses of his face. His eye brows match the shape of his eyes, being straight as well, though well groomed and not overtly thick in appearance. His cheeks are a bit taut at times too, though they only ever truly look hollow whenever he is under the weather and feeling quite sick. Otherwise they give him a very defined look, as if he was carved from stone. Nico's nose is like the rest of him too, straight nose, one that has yet to be broken, as he is always careful to protect his face. His lips are a medium fullness, though they always seem to be thinner than what they actually are because he usually has them in a thin line or grimace. Truthfully, Nico rarely smiles, so the full extent of his lips often goes unseen. And, as if that wasn't enough, he has eyelashes that most women would absolutely die for. They're long and thick, and curl up naturally too. It's like he has a thin layer of mascara on constantly, except that's just how his eyelashes are. The gods are unfair.

In terms of identifiable features, Nico has a few of them. The first is, and smallest, is the beauty mark that appears at the outside bottom corner of his left eye. It's barely bigger than the tip of a pencil, but it's there, and it just further accentuates the male's beauty. If anything, it somehow softens his features. The next are the pair of dimples that form on his cheeks when the male actually smiles for once. They're rare, and hardly ever seen, but boy are they glorious when they do show. Lastly, the most noticeable are the tattoos that trace up his arms starting at his wrists and coming up to wrap across his shoulders. They're a flowy style, designed to look like water washing up and over his arms before crashing over his shoulders. They are simply black, no color, and are a stark contrast to the color of his skin.

Lastly, Nicodemus holds a pair of vocals that just seem right for him. They're deeper, baritone vocals that seem to reverberate in his chest. His voice isn't so deep as to be unsettling or at the basso level, but it isn't light or airy either. He also likes to wear a cologne that seems to be inspired from a cold, rainy day. It's delightful.

Credit Belongs to Lan Lan Lan Lan ah on Neka.cc

Clothing:
For clothing, Nicodemus doesn't have a very large sense of style. He prefers simple and practical clothing that fits him well and allows him to move without hindrance. He isn't one for flashy colors or anything of the sort, he's more so black long sleeve shirts, either leather themselves or ones that have the ties on the chest, black pants, hide or leather will do, and black boots. Occasionally he will mix it up and wear a white or brown shirt instead. He prefers taller boots that come up to mid-calf to protect himself when riding. On days or night that it is colder, he does have a black cloak that he adorns, and a heavier one lined with fur for when it's much colder.

Nicodemus also tends to do different things for his hair, it's the one thing he does put more effort into it. Somedays he will wear it down, others he will have it pulled back. Some times when he has it pulled back, he will include braiding into it to make it look more fancy. These are things he learned from his mother, as she always took great pride in his hair.

Personality:
Calmly Irritated || Serious & Stoic || Hard Working || Critical || Judgemental || Direct || Determined || Aggressive || Blunt & Honest || Heckin' Edge Lord Vibes || Intelligent & Swift Minded || Strategic || Gets Easily Annoyed by Stupdiity and Drama || Reserved or Secretive || Doesn't Let People In || Cold, Very Cold

Nicodemus is a creature who prefers to remain as a cold, undecipherable image to others, one where they know well to keep their distance and stay out of his way. He's a relatively calm guy, to a degree, not one to lose his temper and shout in anger, he's never thrown anytihng, or had a tantrum. When the man does actually get mad, more than just mildly irritated (which is his constant state it seems), it's in a very cold and sinister way. A completely unremorseful, merciless way that is detatched and and unconcerned with the well being of others. This isn't a side he lets out very often, but once he's been pushed to far, there isn't anything he can do.

Of course, that's the rare side of Nico, most of the time he's generally in a constant state of mild irritation, but remains calm nonetheless. He's critical and hard working, passing judgement on others in the time it takes to snap his fingers, and rarely ever differing from that initial assessment. He's an incredibly driven person, the type that once he has his mind set on something, he's going to push and push and push himself until he gets there. He doesn't understand the concept of failure, even though it is very much a thing. This drive gives him very little time for any shenanigans, and if someone tries to throw him off course, even if it's unintentional, with his blunt and honest nature, he's going to rip them to shreds. See, Nico doesn't have to be angry to verbally eviscerate them, he will happy destroy every fiber of their being with a look and not even think twice about it.

Now, it's important to realize something over time. Nicodemus isn't like this because he's just an asshole. Okay. Yes. He is one, but not just because he can be, not completely. He also cares, and he wants to see everyone succeed, so that's why he is so critical, so harsh, pushing people even when they feel like they have nothing left to give. They may not like him for it, but they'll be better of for it in the end. Still, that doesn't make Nico all that likeable, not that he really minds. He can be a tad reclusive, prefering to keep to his own company, and that of his dragon's, and keep other people at bay. He isn't the type to get close to anyone, and it's highly unlikely anyone will ever know any secrets about him. In his eyes, the best types of people are the ones he keeps at a distance, and he is content to make it stay that way. That being said, don't assume that Nico is awkward or anything of the sort when socializing. While he doesn't enjoy it, he is good at it, and is known to be quite charismatic when he wants, or needs to be. There's a wickedness to his charisma, something that is so sensually smooth it seems borderline unnatural, and it is, considering he'd rather rip out his own throat then have to converse with someone of lesser intelligence (which is pretty much everyone in his own opinion).

Being the supreme daddy of Edge Lords, Nicodemus is an incredibly intelligent character. He's not only someone who can be three steps ahead of someone when needed, but he's able to apply his inteligence in multiple different formats. He can even make himself appear less intelligent than he actually is, which is a useful tool in making others underestimate him. Of course, his intelligence in general allows him to be a quick thinker, and while he's not that adaptable in every day life, when it comes to sticky situations, Nico is someone you want in your corner. He's incredibly strategic, able to come up with plans, and their back ups, and change them on the fly when needed. Will he die if he has to wash his clothes on Wednesday instead of Thursday? Absolutely. But can he think his way out of a trap? Also yes. He's reliable in the sense of his duty. If something is given to him, or assigned, it's going to get done, one way or another.

Besides being an absolute grouch, there is a few things Nico just has absolutely no time for, no matter the circumstances. He will not tolerate being dragged into stupidity or drama, he finds it a waste of time, a waste of breath, and literally anything else insulting you can think of. It's probably one of the few things that will cause him to lose that frigid temper of his.

Overall, Nico is a very cold, freezing really, individual, who likes to keep himself to himself, and doesn't really try to be anything other than the unlikeable asshole he's been labeled as. It's not like it's incorrect.

Stengths & Weaknesses:
Strengths
Sword Play - While Nicodemus is trained in multiple forms of weaponry, he greatly prefers his long sword. He's been expertly trained in how to use it, and there is likely very few who can best him in combat when using it. He also can use either arm to wield his sword.
Strategic - Nico does lack some leadership qualities, but the one thing he isn't short on is his strategic mind. If there is one thing he can do, and do well, it's come up with plans and be able to adjust them when needed, even on the fly.
Intelligent - It's no doubt that Nico is of the intelligent sort, but there is a wickedness to his inteliigence that make him absolutely dangerous when he needs to be. If there is something out there that can be used to benefit him, it's going to be found and used.
Deceptively Strong - It's easy for many of those around him to believe that he is weaker than he actually is do to his taller and lean appearance. While he might not be as wide or bigger as more muscular counterparts, he holds an incredibly amount of strength since muscle is what makes up more than the majority of his mass.

Weaknesses
Unfriendly - It's no surprise, question, or doubt that Nicodemus isn't exactly the most friendly or social creature on the planet. In fact, he's not overly likeable to begin with, but it's not something that has ever bothered him.
Self-Reliant to a Fault - To put it bluntly, he isn't the type to ever rely on others, believing that, too often, they're going to let him down. So, instead, he will push himself far too hard to get whatever he needs done. This means he pushes himself passed his limit, and ends up with whatever consequences come with that.
Weakened Right Shoulder - A while a go Nico sustained an injury to his right shoulder, and while it has healed, it has left it slightly weaker than the left, and it gets tired a bit faster, and can't take as much strain. He's worked around this my strengthening his left shoulder and learning to use his left arm more.

Likes & Dislikes:
Sparring & Practicing his Sword Play
Reading, he Loves a Good Book
Swimming, Both on his Own & With Brontes

Dislikes
Stupidity & Drama
Repeated Questioning
Being Doubted
Eels, Homeboy will not eat them or touch them
Loud or Obnoxious People

Affiliations:
Open
Other:
War Dragons | Remade | Dragon x Rider Rp | Open!August 22, 2024 11:14 PM

Imperial Sands

Darkseeker

Give Award
Name:
Cthonia
Meaning "from the earth"
Role:
Rookie Valdaran Dragon
Class:
Earth Class
Rider:
TBD
Appearance:

Credit Belongs to Tenebris Umbra. This was made for me and may only be used by me.

Cthonia is a dragoness destined to be gargantuan, but not necessarily in height, but in sheer mass. Already the female is thiccc, yes, with three c's. Build similar to how a komodo dragon or monitor lizard might be, she isn't the tallest of dragons, only reaching a whole 14 feet if she lifts up on her toes. However, the one thing that stands out, surpassing any doubts her height might have caused, is the sheer weight to the female. Built like a tank, Chthonia has legs thicker than three trunks, and a thick, lizard like body lined with powerful muscle.

Everything about the female is massive. Her feet are wide, with powerful toes designed for digging with their shorter but thick claws. Her foot alone could like span the chest of a human if she splays her toes. Her back feet are bigger, wider than the front, and also longer, offering her a good amount of stability for such a wide frame. It's of obvious note that Chthonia's legs are... rather short. Her fronts are a bit longer than the back, allowing her to stand so that her upper half sits higher than her hind end, but she, like a hippo can, run quite fast considering most of her body mass is muscle. Don't count her out because of her stubby legs. To be stomped by her would certainly mean death, or, at the very least, a significant reduction in the ability to breathe.

She has a wide, barrel chest that hangs lower than her stomach does, making her a virtual bulldozer when she's walking, anything in her path getting easily crushed beneath her enormous weight. Next is her neck, which is hard to put into words. It's thick, and entirely muscle, which explains why she needs such powerful shoulders and such a wide chest to support it. This sheer mass amount of muscle protects the vertebrae in her neck too, supporting it and wrapping it so that it's sturdy and able to handle quite a bit.

Her head is a bit peculiar in appearance as well, having that same monitor lizard like quality. It's almost round or oval in shape with a rather blunt muzzle. Within her jaws are multiple rows of sharp, serrated teeth built for tearing and ripping flesh, able to clamp down with tremendous force because of the sheer amount of muscle behind them. Her nostrils are wide, but she has the ability to close and open them at will, meaning when she's digging or swimming no water can go rushing in against her will. Following the line of her mandible are thick, sharp spikes that curve slightly upwards as they grow, protecting her face and throat from attackers who might think trying to bite her there is a good idea. Sitting atop her head, beginning just above her eyes and creating a thick, keratonized brow bone, are a pair of horns. Not only do they create this thick layer of plating on her head, but they grow into a long pair of thick, sharp horns that grow straight before curving up at the ends.

While all along her body are thick, plated scales that offer protection, she also has short spikes that grow down her spine that are angle backwards slightly. They're not very long, maybe about 5 inches in length, but they will stab or slice if you rub against them the wrong way.

Attached to her back, supported by heavy, broad shoulders, are a pair of absolutely massive wings. Which, to support her weight, have to be pretty big. The bones in them are thicker than normal, and on the more durable for wing bones. On the base of these wing bones, on what would be considered the thumb bones, are a claw on each that is longer than almost any other sharp point on the female aside from her horns. Reaching about 9 inches long, these claws are dangerous, as she can and will use them in a fight. At the end of each finger like bone in her wing are ridged claws that are about half the length of the long claw on the upper portion. Her membranouse wings are thick, and a bit tattered near the ends, though it doesn't seem to affect her ability to fly.

Coming from her wide hips is a tail that is down right intimidating. Starting about the width of her body and only narrowing slightly as it goes, this tail is, like the rest of her, heavy and nearly completely muscle. She can swing it and thrash it with incredibly force and surprisingly speed, and the wrong hit can absolutely be crippling. To make matters worse, as it tapers near the end, a thagomizer grows, size long spikes grow near the tip, all of them about a foot in length. This does make her tail absolutely dangerous, but a bit cumbersome considering she gets it stuck. A lot.

Cthonia's coloring is pretty straight forward, and it's evident at a glance she is an earth dragon. Most of her base scales are a medium, ruddy brown, with her belly scales being a lighter tan color, giving her a rather coppery appearance over all. Upon her scales are different speckles and highlights of a light green color, but this color is predominantly seen on her wing membranes. Her wings transition from the copper color of her base, to the weird green-blue color seen flecked across her body. Her claws are all a deep, rich brown color easily mistaken for black, and her eyes are a similar coppery color to her scales, with a ring of the same green-blue color around the iris.

Personality:

Lazy | Loves to Eat & Nap | Territorial | Sarcastic | Not Friendly, but Not Unfriendly | Prefers Her Solitude | Humble | Solid | Steadfast | Reliable to an Extent | Food Motivated

Cthonia is some how both exactly what you would expect from a dragon, and all not rolled up into one. She's a bit of a lazy dragon, having to generally have incentive to do things that don't really interest her. That doesn't mean she isn't a hard worker, the female absolutely is, she just has to be given a reason to work hard. In her mind, why would she waste her energy doing something, especially something she doesn't want to do, if she gets nothing out of it. This tends to be a situation easily remedied though, as the dragoness is highly, highly food motivated. She could be described as almost gluttonous with how much she enjoys eating, and truly, the ranker the food source the better. So simply offering to go hunting for her is likely to pique her interest enough to convince her to do whatever it is that needs doing.

So yes, while the female does enjoy feeding and napping her days away, basking in the sun to warm her scales, she's got a few more layers than that. Truthfully, though, Cthonia is surprisingly easy going for most things. She's not the type to be unnecessarily violent or aggressive. In fact, the only true time she seems to be aggressive is when she's feeling particularly territorial. But even that is rare for the female, as she isn't the type to stress about who is in her vacinity. But when she is? Be careful.

What many might not expect from this more laid back female is that she is incredibly sarcastic. Whenever the dragon talks your sure to encounter more than your fair share of sarcasm. This tends to lead into her not being the most friendly dragon, but she isn't necessarily unfriendly like a lot of dragons are. She isn't going to hiss and spit about someone, human or dragon, being around her, but she also isn't the type to seek out company from strangers. If she does want company she'll seek out someone she knows and likes and can stand to be around. So, in general, she tends to be friendlier than some dragons, but not all of them. In fact, Cthonia tends to prefer her solitude and quiet, and this tends to stem from the fact that she loves to nap. She's down right cranky when her naps are interrupted.

However, despite this, Cthonia is a female who is completely steadfast. She's sturdy and sure of herself, and someone you can count on if she's in your corner. She's reliable in the sense that she will have your back when push comes to shove. Can you rely on her to do tasks that are seemingly meaningless if there's no incentive? No. But if you're back is to the wall, she will be that boulder there to support you. Cthonia is loyal, so if you earn it, she will be there for you.

Abilities:

1. Terrakinesis
This ability is pretty straight forward, but for those who don't know, this is Cthonia's ability to manipulate and control earthen material such as soil, minerals, rocks, etc. This means she can control the finest of sand, to the larges to of boulders, and bend them to her will.

2. Golem Creation
This is one of Cthonia's strongest abilities, and one of her most draining. She can create a Golem made out of earth and rock. It's a largest beast, standing about 14 feet in height, or she can make two smaller ones [but again, energy]. These are relatively mindless contructs that fight those deemed as an enemy by Cthonia. This requires her to lock her gaze onto the target for 5 seconds, pushing her will into the construct to target them. Once the golem is set up on a target, it wont stop until either it or the target are destroyed. The golem don't feel pain, but, since they're made of earth, they can be destroyed, but it can be quite difficult to do that. Cthonia can repair a golem if she has the energy available to, and as long as the Golem is still relatively intact.

3. Quake Pulse
Cthonia can generate pulse of energy that cause tremors and quakes, often by stomping her feet or slamming her tail into the ground. She can either channel these into the surrounding earth, causing small earth quakes to destabilize the area and the opponents standing on it, or she can send them out from her body, direct towards opponents to destabilize and disorientate them. Getting hit by one of these waves will feel like you been caught in an earthquake and will generally rock your world.

4. Petryfying Mist
This is Cthonia's ability to spray a mist out from her nostrils, similar to how whales and dolphins might exhale through their blowholes. This emits a thin, barely visible mist that hangs in the air before settling on things. When it settles on something, it causes an chemical reaction that will start to turn the subtance it lands on to stone. It doesn't spread once it lands, but it can restrict movement and cause discomfort. It's also a more temporary affect, unless someone is like doused in it, and will slough off in a few days as the cells replace themselves. Bigger areas will take longer to fall off, but they will eventually fall off. Unfortunately once the mist settles there isn't preventing its effects, and wiping it off will cause it to coat that limb and cause more petrification.

5. Stone Breath
By storing stones and pebbles in a specialized organ, crushing them into gravel sized pieces, Cthonia can then use them in a breathe attack similar to other types of breathe attacks other dragons have. They're exhaled out with tremendous speed, and since they're usually jagged and rough, they can be quite painful to be caught in. They may not caught the most damage to things like dragons, but they can cause damage to softer skin and things like eyes. It's also important to note the gravel tends to be quite sticky too since it's covered in a mucus, and this will cause the gravel to stick to surfaces, including targets, potentially slowly them down.

6. Earthly Fortification
This is the dragoness' primary defensive ability, as she's able to cover herself in a layer of stone, adding protection to her already formidable scales. This stone armor forms to her body like a second layer of scales, allowing her movement to remain as it is, but protecting her more. This stone is quite difficult to penetrate and is quite impervious.

7. Earthen Vibrations
This is the female's healing ability, and it's quite unique but helpful for both herself and others. She can utilize the vibrations from the earth and channel them into herself or others. This stimulates cell growth, and more, allowing wounds to heal faster. She does have a limit to this, as it takes energy to do this, but it can be useful since it can be used to stop bleeding, close knicks in arteries, or set a break, etc. It can't bring back someone from the dead, but it can give someone with an otherwise mortal wound a fighting chance.

Strengths & Weaknesses:

Strengths
> Physical Powerhouse
> Extremely Durable
> Surprisingly Good in Water
> At home Burrowing
> Comfortable in Extreme Weather
> Powerful Tail

Weaknesses
> Not Very Agile. At all
> Not as Fast as Taller, Longer Legged Dragons
> Not Great at Climbing
> Not a Fast Flyer
> Finite Stone Breath [She has a special Organ for it]
> She's, yanno, rather short for a dragon
> She's kind of Lazy

Crush:

None; Open to Discussion
Mate:

None
Kin:

Maybe Open?
Affiliations:

Open!
Other:
I love my short Queen.
War Dragons | Remade | Dragon x Rider Rp | Open!August 22, 2024 11:16 PM

Imperial Sands

Darkseeker

Give Award

Name:

Varkul'Duateme
The name is not entirely straight forward though, as he is not Varkul'Duateme Alone. Instead one is Varkul and one is Duateme, by he is never truly both.
337 Years
Technically Male
Role:
Experienced Dragon
Class Type:

Wraith Dragon

Wraith dragons are... different... they aren't born like normal dragons, instead they are dragons who have made a deal with the soul of a previous wraith dragon. By merging their soul with that of the Wraith dragon's they themselves become a Wraith Dragon. Usually this results in one dragon, one mind, but in the case for Varkul, Duateme was a bit too powerful to be swallowed in the merge, therefore both are present within Varkul's twisted body. No one truly knows how the first Wraith dragon came to be.
Rider:
TBD
Appearance:

It's evident just by looking at Varkul that something just isn't quite right. There is something inherently twisted and offputting about the large male that has created an air around him that makes it difficult for others to approach him calmly. Sure, it may not affect other dragons as much, all of them are accustomed to the different auras other dragons put off, but humans? Most have a hard time being near him without being jumpy and paranoid, constantly looking over their shoulder.

With Varkul, it's hard to decide where to look first, whether it's his mottled, marbled really, two tones scales, or his large head with it's crown of glorious horns. Or maybe it's the two sets of wings-- very different wings. Or the long tail that tapers down to the second half that is thin and whip-like. Or perhaps its the two sets of eyes on his head, each set their own color, gleaming with the intentions of their own character. Whatever it is, Varkul is certainly eye catching, but it's not necessarily for good reasons.

He's a goliath of a male, standing at a rather massive 26 feet high at the shoulder, though he appears taller considering the height of his wings, and how high he can lift his own head. Varkul's length is nothing to scoff at either, with his body, from nose tip to the base of his tail, is a about 30 feet in length. Whereas his tail is about that same length on it's own, although it's a bit longer reaching 36 feet. His tail seems like it's too long for his body, but about the last third of it is significantly thinner, made to be whiplike in that portion. It's tipped with some wicked blades near the tip, making it a deadly weapon.

In terms of appendages, Varkul has eight. As mentioned he has two sets of wings, but also the normal two sets of legs. His front and back legs are rather normal in appearance, muscular and fit. This allows them to carry is powerful form with ease, making such a brute deceptively lithe on the ground. He isn't cumbersome or graceless, but instead he moves like a well-oiled machine built for destruction and violence. His strong legs end in normal draconic feet, the claws on his front feet, though, are overgrown and wicked curved. The claws on his hind feet are shorter, as per the norm for dragons, but still gnarly, able to deal damage when used correctly.

For his wings, Varkul's first set are your normal type. Large, membranous wings that are heavy and strong. Each wing is massive on it's own, but his wingspan seems to dwarf his height, and even the length of his body from nose tip to the base of his tail. They're truly massive but memorable things. His second set of wings, though? They're more... unique. Rather than just being a second, smaller version of the first set, these ones are quite different. They're more wyvern like, meaning they're a combination of being like a second set of front legs combined into a second set of wings. He does use them to fly, but he can use them in more versatile ways. Like his front feet, the talons on this wing are serious overgrown, to the point where if he's using them to walk, he has to walk on the knuckles withe claws folded back it isn't uncomfortable. On the limb of his larger wings there are also long talons, but they don't have as much utility as the rest of his appendages.

Varkul has a powerful neck, one that is a smidge on the longer side. However, it's his head that really pulls others in. He's got a normal draconic looking head, with sharp ridges, and rough scales. Vark has a pair of powerful jaws, but they have their unique traits. For his upper jaws, he's able to peel his lip back completely from his teeth, along his upper jaw to sink into a target better and uninhibitated by the confines of his lip. However, it's his bottom jaw that tends to unnerve others. Instead of having one solid mandible, it's more so separated into two sections. Like a snake he can spread his bottom jaw out, moving each side of his mandible independently of the other. He can bite with them as one, but it's used so he can lock in bites stronger, able to unhook one part of his jaw to get a better grip without letting go completely. Do not mistake his bottom jaw for being weak due to this design, if anything it's more durable because it has more movement which allows it to absorb blows better. This also leads him to doing what snakes do: eating things whole.

Upon the male's face are two sets of eyes, one set directly behind the other. They're both draconic in appearance with their slit pupils, but both are different colors. The first set of eyes, which is where one set would normally be, are a bright ice blue. Whereas the second set of eyes are a violet, with a bit of crimson around the slitted pupil. The first set belong to Varkul, but the second belongs to Duateme. With his eyes, which ever set is open is who is in control. However, if both are open, it means both are awake and present, and the only way to tell who is calling the shorts is their mannerisms, behavior, and voice. It's to note that Duateme's eyes always appear sharper and more lethal than Varkul's, which always seem to be a bit arrogant, but also a deadly calm.

If this doesn't catch someone's attention, though, the crown of horns on his head certainly will. Like other dragons, Varkul has several sets, though one set originates from him, while the other two seem to have originated from Duateme. The two more noticable horns are the largest. They curve from his head and jut outwards, running parralel to his jaws and face. The first set sits in the normal horn position, whereas the second set grows out a bit below that one, closer to his cheek. These powerful horns are about two to three feet in length, and each horn is about the width of a muscular human's arm. The third set of horns, Varkul's original ones, are a ram-horn like set that grown just behind the other two. They curl there, offering protection to the sides of his throat.

Aside from his head, there are other dangerous adornments to the male. Particularly the two lines of sharp, ridged spikes that run down the sides of his neck. They grow out of the scales on either side of his neck, each line of growth running parralell to each other, about four inches away from his spine on either side. The spikes grow out in a diaganol fashion, making him vulnerable to an attack from straight above, but since getting there is a difficult the spikes help protect him from attacks from the side. This jagged spikes continue to grow down his back as well, and they're the longest here. They grow shorter as they reach the base of his tail, where they shorten over time, until they completely disappear as his tail thins out to the whip like portion.

Varkul's coloration is hard to describe, but it is certainly unique. Looking as if two different patterns of color are fighting for dominance over the same canvas. The colors of his scales seem to dance and twirl together, in a beautiful, violent dance, a representation of the two souls in the singular body. First there is Varkul's normal color, a steely cold silver that has the barest flecks of an icy blue seen within it. Next is the deep purple and green scales of Duateme. Now it might be hard to picture, but when looking at him, Varkul appears to be a dark slate dragon, as the colors war in an almost microscopic level, giving him a base color of an odd shade of blue-green slate. However, when he moves, or the light gleams on his scales, you'll see the distinct shades of silver or purple or even green come to life. It gives him an almost iridescent look. So yes, while he is a mix of both colorations, they've combined in a way to create a completely unique appearance. If someone gets up close and personal and focuses, they'll be able to see the actually merging of the colors and how they dance, but it's not something you can see unless you're beside him. His gums and tongue are black, and his teeth are a slate grey color and have an almost metallic sheen to them. His horns and claws are also black.

Now, for their vocies. Varkul's is an incredibly deep, nearly basso tone. It's low and vibrating, and is easily identifiable even in a crowd. However, Duateme's voice is considerably higher pitched and considerable raspy, like speaking from a dry or dead throat. The difference in vocal tones is due to the fact that Varkul is a male dragon, whereas Duateme was a female, so her voice can't sound like how it was, so the scratchy, raspy sound is merely an echo of what her normal voice was.

Personality:
Varkul
Calm | Lethal | Low Patience | Strategic | Aggressive | Territorial | Power Hungry | Competitive | Domineering/Dominant | Violence | Assertive | Hawkish | Brutal | Efficient | Growly | Possessive | Blunt

Duateme
Cruel | Spiteful | Vindictive | Sarcastic | Witty | Impatient as Hell | Hot Tempered | Malignant | Vitriolic | Rancorous | Jealous | Disdainful | Kind of Obnoxious Honestly | Extremely Aggressive

Abilities:
WIP

1. Spectral Ward: Varkul is able to create an ethereal barrier of freezing [in temperature doesn't actually freeze] energy that provides protection against physical and magical attacks while damaging any enemy that comes into contact with it.

2. Ghostly Terror: Varkul is able to generate a cold aura around him that instills deep fear and dread in enemies. It's can disorientate, as well as cause them to act eradically. It's a very unnerving feeling, and the longer they're in the aura, the longer the effects will last out of it.

3. Wraith's Touch: This is an attack that can be both physical or spiritual. But Varkul can channel the cold energy of his wraith abilities into the talons of his front feet. This allows slowly drain the energy and strength of an opponent. He can do this by holding the opponent and draining them, which is the faster method, or slicing at their essence, leaving a spiritual wound that will drain them over time. It will go away over time, and especially when they've rested. If he's just holding them, though, the effects stop the moment he lets go.

4. Ethereal Devastation: This is Varkul's breathe attack. It can often be mistaken for an ice beam, as it looks like one, but is also feels cold, though not enough to freeze or anything [his energy in general is cold]. But it allows him to Fire a powerful blast, or beam, of spectral energy that deals damage physicall and spiritually, as well as it creates a lingering aura of dread.

5. Phantom Scythe: Varkul is able to channel his spectral energy to take the form of a scythe at the end of his tail, allowing him to flick it around, cleaving and swiping at different opponents at will. Like his other attacks, this deals physical damage and spiritual damage, but mostly physical as he renders the energy in a temporarily physical construct.

6. Wraith's Gate: This is Vark's ability to open a gate, a portal basically, to the spirit realm. It's often used as an escape route for him, as living beings aside from himself are unable to enter without extreme consequences. However, he can also use this to summon Wraiths, the angry spirits of the dead, to come to his aid, either to be consumed to help heal him, or to spiritually attack those around him. This is an exhaustive ability though, and he can only do it once over periods of time. Since he shares Duateme's soul, that is why he is able to pass through without issue. Opening a realm from the Spirit World to the Mortal Plane is much easier.

7. Haunted Passage: This is Varkul's ability to communicate with the dead. By meditating he can spiritually communicate with the souls of the dead trapped on the mortal plane. However, he also is able to have the part of Duateme's soul that remains unmerged to the Spirit Realm to gather information, bring back spirits for him to interrogate, etc. However, Dua has to be careful while doing this, and she is notoriously unreliable and uncooperative.

Strengths & Weaknesses:

Strengths
+ Dua will eat anyone
+ Versatile Ability Range
+ Physical Powerhouse & Durable
+ Steady, Strong Flyer
+ Enhanced Bite
+ Varkul will likely eat you too
+ Can consume or control spirits

Weaknesses
- Varkul isn't always in control, and Duateme is not a team player. At all.
- Not the Fastest or Most Agile of Dragons
- Vulnerable to Attacks from Directly Above
- Duateme HATES being dirty, it ticks her off.
- The part of Dua's soul that remains unmerged could potentially get stuck in the spirit realm, and if she did, Varkul would be weaker.
- Obviously his powers are draining when actively being used.
- No really. Don't trust Dua. Beware the Crazy Lady.
- Has to Physically Rest his Body because having to Souls is taxing

Crush:

There may be a particular fiery she-dragon who has caught his eyes..
Mate:

None
Kin:

Melpomene - Mother, Ice Dragon, Alive
Zelophehad - Father, Dark Dragon, Alive
Ingris - Sister, Ice Dragon, Alive
Nilesh - Brother, Dark Dragon, Deceased, Killed by Varkul
Izotz - Brother, Ice Dragon, Deceased, Killed by Nilesh
Dzvezda - Sister, Dark Dragon, Deceased, Killed by Ingris
Enkhtuya - Guardian Mother, Water Dragon, Alive
Affiliations:

Maybe Open
Other:
Ma Boy
Credit for the Image Belongs to AshesDrawn on DA. No one else besides me has permission to use.

Background:
Varkul, before he was Varkul'Duateme, was born as an Ice Dragon within a clutch belonging to a smaller, but harsh clan. His father was a Dark Dragon, and his Mother an Ice Dragon, and he was born into a Clutch of 5. Unfortunately, for Varkul and his siblings, the rules of the clan is that only 2 hatchlings may survive, 1 male and 1 female, and it's the strongest survive, meaning the strongest have to kill their weaker siblings to secure their right within the clan.

Within is clutch of five there were 3 ice dragons and 2 dark. Varkul's sister, Ingris, was not only the strongest female hatchling, but the strongest hatchling in general, and she quickly disposed of her weaker sister, the only Dark Female, Dzvezda. For Varkul and his two brothers, a Dark Dragon and another Ice Dragon, it was less clear. His Dark Brother, Nilesh, was quick to dispatch their third brother, Izotz, the Ice Dragon, who was signicantly weaker and smaller than both Varkul and Nilesh. This left the two vying for the position of the Male Offspring, but being so evenly matched in size and strength, it was not so easily achieved.

Nilesh attempted many times to take Varkul's life, but between Varkul's own resilience, and his sister, Ingris' favortism towards him, Nilesh was often thwarted. As years passed, all 70 of them, it became clear that neither offspring were going to be able to physically overpower the other, as the use of powers was strictly forbidden. So, his parents seemed to make the decision for him, his father choosing to allow Nilesh to take his place in the family, and ostrasizing Varkul. This was all due to the fact that Nilesh was a Dark dragon like his father whereas Varkul was an Ice Dragon like his Mother and Sister.

Thankfully, Ingris was in her brother's corner, and quickly found a lone female dragon on her travels that was willing to take in Varkul, raising him further and protecting him from the perils of the world. He will forver be grateful of his Guardian Mother, but the resentment over him being ostracized festered in Varkul, so when he was about 130 years, he ventured out in search of ways to overthrow his brother and take his rightful place within his family.

Which brought him to Duateme, the enraged spirit of the Wraith Dragon she once was, she saw a kindered spirit in Varkul and made a deal with him. By merging their souls to turn him into a Wraith Dragon, she would loan her power to him so he'd become stronger and be able to overthrow his brother. And he would loan his body to avenge her death and kill those who killed her. Unfortunately for Varkul, Duateme never had any intention of being consumed by his soul, and fought the merge after it began. This wound up with them being semi-merged, and both inhabiting his body, intertwined so that they are both fully cognisant, and present within Varkul's physical form.

True to their deal, though, Dua's power turning him into a Wraith dragon gave him the strength to return home, defeating and killing his brother. Only, his father became enraged at his son being killed, and chose to exile Varkul once more for it rather than allow him the place he rightly earned. Unfortunately, due to an injury sustained that left her with only one full wing, Varkul's mother was unable to go against his father, and was forced to watch her son, once again, be pushed off.

The male was going to uphold his end of their bargain when the pull for a rider began, forcing him to deviate from their chosen path to where they are now. He still intends to get revenge for Duateme, but now the odd pair have found a new place to consider him, and, while neither will admit it allowed, neither of them are very willing to abandon it and lose the only home they've had.
War Dragons | Remade | Dragon x Rider Rp | Open!August 22, 2024 11:33 PM

Mother

Darkseeker

Give Award
Name: Savo'alath (Savo)
Role: New Dragon
Class: Force

Appearance

IMG-0848.jpg

Credits to me

16 feet to the shoulder -- Strong but lithe build -- Has short, fine fur rather than scales -- "Mane" extends from bridge of nose down midline all the way to tail tip, extends along wing ridges as well -- Longer pale fur matching mane grows along jawline down the middle of her neck about halfway -- Lion-like tail tuft -- Horns curve in towards each other slightly -- Ice blue eyes -- Deep blue base with silvery dappling -- black talons match horns

Personality

Savo is a charismatic, strong creature. She radiates a quiet sort of confidence - not arrogance, but she isn't the most humble of dragons; she will not downplay the abilities she knows she has. She is neither outgoing nor a recluse, but her dominant presence has a way of attracting others to her. Savo isn't unfriendly, but she is to the point and can fairly be described as blunt, even "brutally honest" at times. Her sharp tongue is more often engaged in witty banter than harsh words, though. She is not one to give out compliments; when one is expressed, you can rest assured that she has been thoroughly impressed.

Savo grows bored quickly; her strict adherence to rules placed upon her will slip on occasions in which a little mischief will benefit her mood. She is devious and meticulous with all her designs, from a simple prank to a battlefield. This young dragon also has a knack for public speaking, but she would prefer to stay away from the large crowds. She can twist her words to evoke all kinds of emotions, elicit any response in those around her - and, frankly, it unnerves her.

She is extremely protective over what is hers: her home, her rider, her mate, her family. She is generally a more motherly, even fairly patient creature, but to get on her bad side is to set a heat seeking missile on oneself. Any attack on her kin or friends is a direct attack on her, and she does not take kindly to offenders. Savo will defend those she loves with a ferocity that would unnerve even the most vicious of dragons, and she would litter the field with the remains of her enemies.

Or, at least, that was the way she used to be.

Now, she walks through a burning house of what used to be her. Savo is cold, composed, collected, and threatening. Her eyes, which once held an intelligent, inquisitive light, are hardened and glazed over as of late. Where she was plenty dangerous when crossed before, now she has become a ticking time bomb, unpredictable and short-tempered. Her mind is a tumultuous place, harboring universal feelings of paranoia and mistrust. She is malicious, callous, and manipulative.

Her mind is breaking, but she hides it extremely well. To others' eyes, she is simply a bitter dragon. Her composure remains intact, and she has maintained enough of her former charisma to continue to charm those around her. Savo's decisions are as they ever were, unless one examines them with painful scrutiny. Her plans remain carefully woven, like a black widow's web, ready to ensnare her quarry and watch the life leave their eyes. Savo is spiraling down the path to becoming the monster that the others expect her to be.

Abilities

Force field -- she can pull kinetic energy towards her and project a transparent, physical blockade wherever she desires. This means that the more attacks she receives, the more powerful her defense becomes. While it requires concentration, it doesn't take that much energy; however, she has to have some focus on it for it to remain. So she is able to project multiple at once, but she is also more likely to accidentally let one fall when doing so

Gravity -- Savo can flip gravity in smaller enclosed spaces (rooms, houses, etc). She can also change its density for herself only, so she can become heavier or lighter than her regular being

Screech -- where other dragons spew fire or ice, she just screams. Savo's shriek, when concentrated in one area, slams into creatures and objects alike with concussive force. Stone crumbles, trees explode, and ears bleed. This does not occur with just any roar; she has to open a second throat to emit something with the right frequency and force

Redirection -- Savo can take the movements of another object -- say, a dragon flying -- and redirect them to something else. For instance, if she were trying to run stealthily, she could take the sounds and tremors that her footsteps would have caused and channel that movement into tree leaves to make them rustle instead

Strengths

Manipulation -- she is very, very good with words. While they have no magical effects behind them, she's good at finding and pushing the right buttons to get what she wants

Agility and aerial combat -- her movements are speedy and fluid, allowing her to dance circles around her opponents. The sky is her domain, especially during inclement weather, and she fights exceptionally well in it

Separating emotions from judgment -- when she acts, she has the full capability of doing it from a place unhindered by personal vendettas, driven instead by facts and rationality. Of course, her rationale may still be emotionally centered, but that would also be by choice

Weaknesses

Skin -- she has a tough hide that can resist some damage, but she has no scales to speak of, meaning she is at a severe disadvantage in the natural armor department. She is also more prone to fire damage

Size -- Savo is an average sized dragon with average strength, and sexual dimorphism is not on her side during a skirmish with a male. With many females being larger than she is as well, Savo cannot rely on brute force to get by

Trust issues -- she makes it difficult for anyone to get close to her, or for her to get close to anyone else. She has precious few allies and will not risk betrayal or manipulation of herself by letting new acquaintances in; instead, she has been pushing away even her friends, meaning she is basically on her own and a pain in the butt to work with

Ears -- unfortunately, she is not impervious to her own abilities, and she runs the risk of injuring herself when shrieking or otherwise manipulating sound waves

Crush: None

Mate: None

Kin

Open

Affiliations

Open

Other

I either need a reason for her to be going insane, or I need to edit her personality lol. Please send help to this blackbird. I'm thinking her mate (or an original rider?) was a particularly grisly casualty of the war.

Forums > Roleplay > Sign-Ups
   1    2    3 

Refresh

Copyright ©2013-2024 Go Go Gatsby Designs, LLC    All Rights Reserved
Terms Of Use  |   Privacy Policy   |   DMCA   |   Contact Us