Wolf Play : Should Wolves Interbreed In Packs?
Chatbox
 Hugs4Bugs
12:34:15 Ed (he/they)
but my highest dominance beforehand was 75 haha
 MLadySkylar
12:33:55 P'Sky
Oh
Thanks! xD
 Hugs4Bugs
12:33:52 Ed (he/they)
At least that's how mine ended up
 MLadySkylar
12:33:42 P'Sky
I'm tempted to use the totem,
So my wolves dominance will be staggered?
I have SV and many wolves at 200 Dominance.
How will that play?
Theyll all count down,
200, 199,198?
 Hugs4Bugs
12:33:38 Ed (he/they)
the highest goes to 190 and then it goes down from there I think
 Blood Demons
12:33:09 Blood
I'm a little confused it staggers your dom but resets it so does it just randomly starts from 1 and goes up?
 Rogue Wildfires
12:30:22 Mac and Cheese
-WP Click-
 SixBears
12:30:09 evebot
No, it starts at 190
 Hugs4Bugs
12:29:13 Ed (he/they)
still waiting for my first leaves game to finish :')
 ~Howlite~
12:28:38 Kare/Karebear
Game of leaves anyone?
 starmutt
12:27:59 marsh | they/it
let me set a max cp so i can stagger while still buying CP loll
 ~Howlite~
12:27:51 Kare/Karebear
Good afternoon yall!
 Dem White Girls
12:27:49 Verne | Dem | Demmy
So if the top is 250, it'll go in descending order from that?
 SixBears
12:27:10 evebot
It orders based on your existing dominance.
 Dem White Girls
12:25:11 Verne | Dem | Demmy
Does the stagger dominance take SV wolves into account?
 Rogue Wildfires
12:22:47 Mac and Cheese
Paws?
-WP Click-
 Rogue Wildfires
12:22:12 Mac and Cheese
Aquafina,
The two melas of your pack
 CrypticHollow
12:21:51 
hallow

I'm gonna customize my boy now! I'm so excited! but I think he needs a cooler name now
 SixBears
12:21:34 evebot
I just added a confirmation warning to the dom staggering.
 technoblade
12:21:33 Lil Techy | Techno
what happens when you hit stagger?

Refresh

You must be a registered member for more
than 1 day before you can use our chatbox.
Quests
Alliance Battles
Challenges

Hourly Damage Variances
Bobcat : +4
Polar Bear : -3
Badger : +3
    Summer   Day  Weather:  Sunny

Forums

→ Wolf Play is a fun game! Sign Up Now!

My Subscriptions
My Bookmarks
My Topics
Latest Topics
Following
Forums > Socialize > Polls
   1    2    3    4    5    6 

Should Wolves Interbreed In Packs?July 23, 2024 02:48 PM

Caribou Creek

Neutral

Give Award

Anxiety said:
I personally don't feel like I interact with packs in any meaningful way when I breed to their studs, since I just search and breed in the Trading Post. I'm not actually networking or conversing with anyone.
I would still list my own studs for breeding for profit and to seek awards, so it wouldn't limit the gene pool in that sense.
Also, as mentioned, there are ways around the system in place already. This would simply make it safer and less cumbersome to do so.

Should Wolves Interbreed In Packs?July 23, 2024 02:53 PM

The ShadowSeekers

Darkseeker

Give Award

Eternity said:
I like to breed within my pack - but there's also plenty of wolves I'd breed to outside of my own pack.

I think there's an easy way to have a middle ground here - like having a limit to how many wolves can breed within your own pack [e.g. only x many specific wolves or x many breedings within your own pack per game year. - you could then buy additional breeding slots for apples in the barter, or there could be an item that allows you to reset your pack interbreeding number, like the jasmine.]

There could also be a fee, like the old alpha breeding fee, to breed within your own pack.

I agree with this. And bonded wolf shouldn't be able to breed outside the pair. I like the Idea of being able to buy more breeding slots too.
Should Wolves Interbreed In Packs?July 23, 2024 03:01 PM

Eno

Darkseeker

Give Award
Eternity said:
I like to breed within my pack - but there's also plenty of wolves I'd breed to outside of my own pack.

I think there's an easy way to have a middle ground here - like having a limit to how many wolves can breed within your own pack [e.g. only x many specific wolves or x many breedings within your own pack per game year. - you could then buy additional breeding slots for apples in the barter, or there could be an item that allows you to reset your pack interbreeding number, like the jasmine.]

There could also be a fee, like the old alpha breeding fee, to breed within your own pack.

I also think a set number of breedings within your pack per game year would be good. I don't know what a good number for this would be - maybe 2 for basic and 4 for premium [excluding alphas]. Larger packs could buy interbreeding slot upgrades from the barter for apples.

I think it'd be a pretty good middle ground - and the numbers could be low to start with as most players don't have large packs - I think 3 internal breedings per year for a pack of 15 is just fine.
Agreeing with this, especially limiting per game year. It could also tie into breeding specializations for preimum (unsure if anyone actually uses that though)
Should Wolves Interbreed In Packs?July 23, 2024 03:07 PM

TheSigmaMales

Darkseeker

Give Award
I think that there are up and downsides, and if we were to do breeding in the pack, there should be a bonus given to breeddings with other packs, so people with studs would not loose their breeding wolves' purposes You could also set restrictions like limiting the amount of times a wolf can be breed within the pack.
Another suggestion is to have the alphas be able to breed to all of the pack members, while the rest of the pack can still breed outside. Possibly the betas can also breed to each other?
Or you can make it so that when you breed to a female outside your pack, you can select an option to make it so that the pups are born in your den, instead of with the female. This would make breeding a lot easier.
These are just some of my ideas and ideas based on the ones above :)
Should Wolves Interbreed In Packs?July 23, 2024 03:34 PM

Aestralis

Neutral

Give Award
What if it was an item that allowed a wolf to breed within their own pack?
Should Wolves Interbreed In Packs?July 23, 2024 03:37 PM

Serpents

Lightbringer

Give Award

Feiella said:
Not sure really.

I rather breed to wolves outside my pack except maybe alpha pair can only breed to their bonded and maybe same with the beta? Betas can breed with their bonded?

Other than that I prefer my wolves bred with others outside and to other players wolves.

Id like this even if My pair is unable to(shadeface being deaged XD ) would still be nice for stuff
Should Wolves Interbreed In Packs?July 23, 2024 03:58 PM

skeet

Darkseeker

Give Award
I agree with both of these takes. I would certainly still stud my males as well as search for better ones from other packs in Trading Post to increase chances of higher quality pups. I like having a yearly limit though, and buying extra slots seems fair.

Salem said:
I like the idea of having a set amount of breedings per game year if it's super low to start with and you can buy more slots in barter

Eternity said:

Otherwise it feels like public breedings don't matter at all since I breed for rarity and I could've done it all within my own pack super easily and for free

Should Wolves Interbreed In Packs?July 23, 2024 04:46 PM

Moon Moon

Darkseeker

Give Award
I think that they should be able to but it should lower their affinity with the alphas.
Should Wolves Interbreed In Packs?July 23, 2024 05:07 PM

Demon Souls

Neutral

Give Award

Eternity said:

Id agree with this however if it's a limited amount of breeding for interbreeding I do think it shouldn't be an additional fee to pay when breeding them as well. Love the idea of having an item that resets the count and being able to purchase more as well. It gives thr balance of still breeding outside your pack while being able to breed inside your pack for offspring you're really wanting
Should Wolves Interbreed In Packs?July 23, 2024 05:37 PM

KateXiX

Darkseeker

Give Award
I believe that for breeding within a pack there needs to be some type of limit. Just like the limit of 3 breeding total per season for males, it could maybe be that only 1 of those per season could be within your pack. (I don't know how coding works, but I'm guessing that would be a bit complicated)

Forums > Socialize > Polls
   1    2    3    4    5    6 

Refresh

Copyright ©2013-2024 Go Go Gatsby Designs, LLC    All Rights Reserved
Terms Of Use  |   Privacy Policy   |   DMCA   |   Contact Us