Chatbox
 Floof
02:42:19 Floodgates
She's really pretty :0
 distant-lands
02:40:47 katy | beetle
-WP Click-
paws? :)
i need to figure out what other gear/decor would look nice..
 Floof
02:29:18 Floodgates
Yes, I still have things to get done today xD
 Kháos
02:28:15 Kaos || Khaos
Hopefully you were able to get some good things done at least!
 Revelry
02:26:11 Rev
Also, why do I always forgot to set forum's post to Paragraph before posting lol
 Floof
02:25:06 Floodgates
Khaos,
Oh my! I get that. It took me forever to fall asleep lastnight, I had too much energy :")
 Tribe of Crying Hawk
02:24:39 
Wow.. Fluffy Floof. Floofy Fluff. Hm.
 Revelry
02:24:32 Rev
-WP Click-
Vote? I'm bored
 Kháos
02:24:21 Kaos || Khaos
Yes
 Tribe of Crying Hawk
02:24:04 
Um, excuse me, but can you 'steal another packs food?
 Floof
02:24:00 Floodgates
Hawk,
That's what I'm told xD
 Kháos
02:23:59 Kaos || Khaos
I'm doing great! Should probably be asleep by now (I woke up 14 hours ago and haven't slept since; 2:24 for me-), but I have so much energy right now. :,D
 Tribe of Crying Hawk
02:22:46 
Floof! You are fluffy! Somehow
 TheSigmaMales
02:22:34 Leon, Sigma
Hey chat

I donÂ’t normally chat, but I gotta brag about the fact that I just got an Alexandrite Dye 3 apples in from Bree 😳

My luck has never been this good what
 Floof
02:21:53 Floodgates
I've not long been awake but doing okay ^^'
How about you?
 Tribe of Crying Hawk
02:21:30 
Does anyone here like Erin Hunter? :]
 starrywing
02:21:09 Novo/Starry
hehe pretty
-Click-
 Kháos
02:20:42 Kaos || Khaos
How's your day/night going so far, Floof?
 Floof
02:20:40 Floodgates
Hey Aedra! :)
 Tribe of Crying Hawk
02:20:11 
Sorry..

Refresh

You must be a registered member for more
than 1 day before you can use our chatbox.
Quests
Alliance Battles
Challenges

Hourly Damage Variances
Ocelot : 0
Jaguar : -3
Cheetah : -4
    Winter   Day  Weather:  Light Snow

Forums

→ Wolf Play is a fun game! Sign Up Now!

My Subscriptions
My Bookmarks
My Topics
Latest Topics
Following
Forums > Roleplay > 1x1
   1    2    3 

Terebinth X EdlingMarch 30, 2023 08:10 PM

~Terebinth Wolves~

Lightbringer

Give Award
Welcome to this roleplay! You can read along, just dont post unless your name is in the title. And Enjoy Edling's awesome posts ;)
This roleplay is about a delinquent X the daughter of the owner of Last Chance Ranch. You can find out more when you read ;)

Edited at March 30, 2023 08:14 PM by ~Terebinth Wolves~
Terebinth X EdlingMarch 30, 2023 08:13 PM

~Terebinth Wolves~

Lightbringer

Give Award

Rose Alexis Adleigh

Nickname(s)
She's fine with her actual name but some people do call her Alex
Role
The daughter of the owner of Last Chance Ranch
Personality
Shy//Reserved//Friendly//Caring//Sensitive//Playful//Loyal//Cautious//Informal//Unconfident//Adventurous//Competitive//Introvert//Responsible
Apperance
Rose is a pretty young lady for sure, with her sand colored skin. The first thing you'll probably notice about her is her soft appearance and small dimples when she smiles. Rose has a small nose with fullish lips. Her face is more of a square shape but by no means masculine. She has beautiful green eyes that seem to light up when she's around any animal. On the outer most side of her eye, she has a thin line of darker green and then it slowly lightens until it gets to pupil. There is also some flecks of light brown but not much. Her eyebrows are smallish and set closely to her eyes. The last of the features on her face, her ears, are on the smaller side like most everything on her face.
For hair, Rose has long, wavy light brown hair. It goes down to the upper side of her back. Rose has a tall build of 5’7 and is in perfect condition in terms of outward appearance. However, inside her body is a different story. No one really knows what's wrong -and her father dosent have enough money to find out- but if she does alot of strenuous activities, her lungs will act up. They will hurt to breath and sometimes seems as if she just cant breath properly. Even with this small inconvenience though, shes more than happy for a challenge. This young lady has good posture for the most part, but even then, her shoulders naturally slump. Overall, just by looking at her, you can almost tell she's a kind soul.
Backstory
Rose was the definition of a happy baby. She hardly ever made a fuss and always loved attention. That nature kept with her, just adding shyness as she went along. Her shyness fully broke through when she was about 7 years old, when her mother died. The loss was hard on both Rose and her father Marcus, but they pushed through. Eventually, Rose went back to her happy self, but never seemed quite the same. Years later, her father was gifted an old friends ranch. The two moved onto the property and that's when Rose fell in love with the ever so mighty horse. At first the ranch was just a home for the father and daughter, but of recently -two years ago- it became a place for delinquents to have a chance. Rose didn't necessarily like the change, but went along with it anyway. Then one day, her father asks her to do something she has never done before, be the mentor of one of the delinquents. Will she be able to handle this new challenge? What will become of the person she's mentoring? Find out by other posting or reading along ;)

Edited at April 1, 2023 10:50 PM by ~Terebinth Wolves~
Terebinth X EdlingApril 1, 2023 06:18 PM

Edling

Neutral

Give Award

Teren Sante Paride

“There’s comfort in chaos.”

Nickname(s):

Ren; though he isn’t one to favor the use of nicknames

Male

Role:

Troubled Delinquent

Personality:

Opportunist || Devious || Cunning || Manipulative || Far More Intelligent Than He Lets On || Two-Faced || Dark Humored || Cocky || Hedonistic || Smoker || Reckless || Walking Disaster || Stoic || Attention Starved || Refuses to Conform to Expectations || Internally Exhausted || Cynical || Sarcastic || Grew Up Way Too Fast || Turns on People Before They Can Turn On Him || Bite Is Worse Than His Bark || Lost ||Sadder Than He Seems

Appearance:

Teren is easily passed off as an individual fairing well above the average spectrum appearance wise. He physically fronts with a more masculine structured diamond shaped face that in truth is a bit softer in terms of both definition and chiseled form. Teren’s color of eyes alone could very well be considered a beautifully blue spectacle. These eyes of his are a vibrant periwinkle with softer brown flecks within them that surround the iris’. Framed by a thinner but dark set of lashes, his eye type is best described as almond; with a deeper crease in his eyelid that creates an attractive depth to his features. While his eyes never typically betray him by conveying his emotions, the lack of crow lines at the corner of his eyes indicate his genuine smiles are few and far between. Above are eyebrows that are an average thickness with a faint arch to the endings. The straight structure and slope of Teren’s nose is simpler, and perhaps the most mediocre piece of his facial attributes as well. In addition, the lips that form his multitude of smiles and frowns are that of a soft shade of rose and possess a slight resting downturn to them. Teren's hair is something he puts a bit of effort into grooming most days. Typically, the young man has it styled into a messy quiff; with his delicate longer ringlets being forced into the mold of a controlled chaos hairstyle. When it’s not fashioned to be in that preferred style though, his hair just naturally possesses an untamed essence. This hair is that of a sleek, shining black- though not a color inherited, but rather one he has dyed. In truth, Teren is a brunette with lighter colored oak lockes, though he has been dying his hair an onyx black for several years. There is a bit of poof to his wild tufts and ringlets, but the most notable and mention worthy aspect to his hair's general appearance is its sleek voluminous nature.

Standing at a relatively average 5”11, Teren’s height hardly pays his naturally high ego influx much justice. That ego being evident with his haughtier infused relaxed posture; something that reflects a relatively confident individual.. His primary build is a bit more rectangular; starting with shoulders that pass as ‘broad’, and dwindling down to his straighter set of hips that near perfectly align with his shoulders. Teren is someone that doesn’t have a very muscular build, but he does have an evident amount of gentle toning. If he didn’t have that -average- toned build to him, he would honestly be on the verge of having a more twiggish build to him with. It’s a little bit of an exaggeration, but he would be fairly thin. His body isn’t littered with many marks other than a few less than honorable stories to go along with a few of his more defined scars along his arms, chest, and back. Teren’s skin tone is that of a light olive; it isn’t abundantly warm, but his complexion is noticeably a little darker compared to a lighter toned individual. He possesses warmer undertones as well, which allow him to tan far nicer -and easier- when he spends an abundance of time under the sun.

Backstory:

Teren’s existence was founded upon the attempt to bridge the gap of a failing marriage. No child should be the product of a pawn in a game between two adults destined to part ways; and yet Teren was exactly that. The first ten years of life were arguably the roughest; between the constant screaming matches between Teren’s parents, the constant moving around, and the lack of both attention and affection. By 11, his parents finally parted ways through divorce, though they were far from good terms. The boy was kicked around between both parents amid a grueling custody battle for the next year, until his father decided it wasn’t worth the fight to keep him; his mother being awarded sole custody of the boy. Although his father has been keeping in brief touch with Teren through the occasional phone call. However, his mother earnestly decided that the ruin of both her marriage and life was ultimately her son’s doing.

At 13, Teren was primarily left to his own devices after he and his mother settled in a low income neighborhood, residing in a small 2 bedroom apartment in a tattered complex. With his mother hardly able to hold down decent paying jobs as she spiraled, Teren became accustomed to strange men coming and going- earning Teren to seek a life beyond the four walled prison he called a room. The impressionable and emotionally deprived boy began keeping pace with the other troubled kids that hung around his neighborhood, indulging in frowned upon activities. Skipping school, staying away from home for days at a time, and following in the footsteps of the older kids became the new norm for Teren; finding it the only consistent thing he had ever had in his life.

By 16, Teren fully dropped out of school to pursue a hedonistic, and troubling lifestyle. In and out of juvie lockdown also happened to be an aspect of his life, the weight of a record taking its toll on his ability to secure even a simple occupation. But what did it matter? Hustling, selling, dice games, and theft kept him afloat enough. Teren was fully estranged from his mother- not that it mattered too much to her, but by God did she flip every time she got a call from the station about her son. The boy wasn’t even staying at the apartment much anymore, having been hopping from group house to group house, further getting himself deeper into a life he had no business living- earning the next two years to go by in a hazy blur, and by the time 18 came around, suddenly the world had no patience left for the kid that didn’t seem to be capable of breaking away from the path he was on. That was until he was arrested for an assault- a tiff over turf. Teren was slapped with the reality that he would be facing real jail time in the state penitentiary… or agree to help himself by participating in a second chance program. Essentially- this was the state’s last offering of mercy to Teren, and reluctantly, he took it.

Edited at April 2, 2023 08:49 PM by Edling
Terebinth X EdlingApril 1, 2023 06:59 PM

~Terebinth Wolves~

Lightbringer

Give Award
"Rose! Come here please!" Marcus called from his small office. Rose quickly closed her notebook, stood up and tossed it on the bed. She always did love to draw, but was too shy to show anyone, even her own dad. She then exited her bedroom and climbed down the stairs. At the bottom, she turned to the right and walked for a second. Then she reached her father's office where she lightly knocked on the door. "If i call for you, you dont have to knock." Marcus said with a chuckle as Rose entered the office. She shrugged, but a had a soft smile on. "Whats up?" She asked as she took a seat in a chair. "I have a favor to ask." Marucs said, a slight frown appearing on his face. Rose's eyebrows pinched together at her father's behavior. "Like what?" She asked slowly.
"We are short on staff, Rose." He began, as if deep in thought. "But a new friend is joining us this evening. I know you dont necessarily feel very comfortable around the delinquent's, but i could really use your help." Rose opened her mouth to speak but no words came out as she stared at her father. "Please Rose. You know how important this is to our friends." Rose gritted her teeth and shook her head. "They arent are friends dad. They are criminals. What if 'our friend' literally attacks me or something? What would you do then, hmm?" All of a sudden Marcus's face hardened. "Dont talk like that Rose." He said sternly, shaking his head. "I dont like this any more than you do but i really need the help. And if anything goes sideways, you'll have your phone. Just call me or the police, depending on how important it is."
Rose stared at her father for a little while longer before sighing. "Fine, but if i die, it's your fault." Despite Marcus's stern nature just a second ago, he began to chuckle lightly. "I guess it would be my fault." He teased. He then waved a hand toward the door. "I would suggest you go ride Shadow and Honey while you have the chance. Like i said, the new arrival will be here this evening and youll have your hands full with this new challenge. " He glanced at his watch before looking up again. "In about 4 hours they will be here." Rose nodded before heading out the door and to the outside world. Shadow Dancer, or rather Shadow, is Rose's beautiful black arabian gelding. Shadow happened to also be a gift from the old friend who gifted the ranch. Rose dosent know why that old friend of her father's was so kind, but she was definitely very glad for him, even if she hasn't met him. Honey on the otherhand is a chestnut quarter horse mare who Rose bought from an auction. No one wanted her and she felt bad for the mare.
Atlast Rose reached the barn and opened the door. She was greeted with horse smells and shrill whinnies. She could tell that most of them were from her two babies but some were from others. On the right side of the barn held the school horses and the left held the personal horses. Each row held four stalls. Two of the school horses were out of their stalls doing lessons. "Quiet down you two." Rose chuckled as she reached Shadow's and Honey's stall. "I know im a little late for our ride but that dosent mean you get to have fits." She said, grabbing a halter and slipping it over Shadow's head. Rose then lead him out of the stall and into the cross ties.
"What am i going to do?" Rose murmured as she stroked Shadow's glossy neck. "Daddy wants me to be a mentor. I have nothing against the delinquents, besides they should know better, but im just worried i wont be good enough. What if the person gets mad at me or something? What will i do? And what's worse is that ill have to be like an adult when the person will probably be around the same age!" Rose countinued to spill her feelings to Shadow and Honey as she got Shadow brushed and tacked up. When Shadow was ready Rose mounted and made her way to the outside world, leaving all her worries behind as she often did when riding.
Instead of doing normal training, Rose decided to go on the trail. She didn't feel like training today, all she wanted to do was relax in the saddle. Trail rides were an escape for Rose, much like drawing was. But when she drew, she had to be careful or someone would see. On trail rides though, she didn't have anything to worry about. Well, except for getting back in time for dinner. Rose has a habit of forgetting time exists and she ends up coming home hours later than she's supposed to. That's why instead of having a thirty minute ride like she planned, she had an hour long one. Rose quickly untacked and brushed Shadow before quickly getting Honey ready. About twenty minutes later, she and the mare were on the trails. Shadow was a active gelding so Rose always had to pay attention but on Honey, she could truly relax and the mare would just follow the trail.
As the two females lumbered along, Rose thought back to what happened with her father. She closed her eyes, realizing she had over reacted just a tad. She didn't mean most of what she said, except for the genuine question of what she would do if the delinquent attacked her. In all honesty, she got used to most of the delinquents over time, and she almost forgot why they were there. They became pretty good acquaintances and whenever she passed most of them, they would give a friendly hello and maybe some small talk. But still, being in charge of one that she knew nothing about? Rose would be fine with watching one she already knew, but again, someone new? She sighed and gathered the reins, wanting to have some fun. "I dont want to think anymore of my responsibility, Honey. So let's go over the cross-country course." She cooed before patting the mare on her neck. "You like that, dont you girl?"
After flying over some cross-country jumps, Rose decided to head back. Turns out she had another hour ride and she had to admit, she was getting a bit tired of the saddle. After untacking and brushing Honey she put the mare back in her stall and began her walk back to the house. On the way there, she was greeted by one of the delinquents named Josephine and her mentor, Melissa. Josephine, or rather Josie was leading the horse she had been assigned to who was named Rain. Rain is a dark grey mare who loves water of any kind. "Guess what, Alex!" She shrieked, causing Rain to lift her head in surprise. "Keep your voice down." Melissa warned. Josie just rolled her eyes in response before focusing back on Rose. "I went over my first jump today!" Josie cried in a slightly more quiet tone. Rose smiled her soft smile at the news. "Goodjob! It's amazing isnt it?" Josie nodded vigorously, smiling wide.
"We should probably get going." Melissa broke in, taking a step toward the barn. Josie didn't look happy but reluctantly followed her mentor. Rose waved goodbye before going the rest of the way towards the house. When she got there, her father was waiting for her. "Hey." He greeted, taking a seat at the kitchen table. Rose immediately remembered what would be happening in about an hour and nervously sat down too. "I just wanted to make sure you know what to do." He started, noting Rose's behavior. "You know the schedule, make sure you somewhat follow it. But since this is a unique situation, you dont have to necessarily follow it to a tee. Your main priority is to teach him how to ride, be a good role model and keep him out of trouble." Rose stared at him for a while, before finally swallowing hard. "Him? Dad, is he a boy?!" Her father sighed, nodding.
Rose tool a deep breath, swallowing down her worries before nodding. "Alright, got it. But why dont you want me to follow the schedule?" Marcus temporarily looked away before looking Rose in the eyes with a serious expression. "This is slightly an experiment. Somehow a study caught wind of what was happening and called me up. They said if i record what happens, they will donate some money. They want to know if a kid can help a kid better than an adult. And well, we could use the extra money and it wont hurt anything, so i accepted. All you have to do is worry about him and then at the end of the day, give me a brief summary." Rose couldn't believe her ears as her father spoke. This was some kind of an experiment? She was a study subject? She knew that most likely the delinquent wouldn't like it very much either. Still, atleast the study people weren't actually here and having their noses up in her and the delinquents business.
Just to make sure no one exploded, she didn't plan on telling her apprentice this. "Alright, i guess it wont be that bad. But can i go to my room now? I want some alone time before i have to deal with, well, him." Marcus seemed relieved that his daughter wasn't too mad and nodded. With that, Rose went into her room and began to draw, letting her emotions out onto the page. The time flew by and soon Rose heard her father calling her. She checked the time, realizing it was the time her apprentice would be showing up. "Coming!" She called down to her father as she yanked on her shoes and a vehicle pulled up.

Edited at April 1, 2023 07:08 PM by ~Terebinth Wolves~
Terebinth X EdlingApril 2, 2023 08:51 PM

Edling

Neutral

Give Award

It’s not everyday someone gets a police escort. In Teren’s case, it wasn’t necessarily a grand thing. It’s not like he was in an officially marked police cruiser, either; a black honda civic that belonged to his parole officer was the chariot Teren found himself being delivered to his new hell in. The black haired male’s hand was lazily draped out of the open window- a lit cigarette held between his index and middle finger. Every so often he would bring the thin stick to his lips and inhale a breath of smoke, and each time, he was sure he saw his parole officer biting his tongue. Teren and Officer Mills had been well acquainted for a couple years now. The older male seemed to always be hanging around the station with each stint Teren was brought in for. Without fail; Teren seemed to receive a lecture from the seasoned Officer. ‘I know you’re better than this kid,’ he’d say. ‘All you gotta do is put in the effort to be better, turn your life around, before it’s too late.’ Teren always smiled in response- the cynically amused kind.

“They’re bad for your health, you know.” Officer Mills critiqued, side eyeing the blue-eyed boy who took another drag of his cancer stick, Teren merely shrugging in response.

“I’ve done worse,” Teren replied coolly, “at least this is legal.” Leaving his hand to hang out of the window once more, the male began to play with his lighter. The flicker of the clipper illuminating the space in front of him.

“Don’t be doing that, Paride. The last thing I need is for you to become an arsonist.”

Teren gave a faint chuckle, a ghostly smirk lifting at his lips. “It would make me a more well-rounded criminal if I tried a hand at it, don’t you think?” Teren joked, though it was not the kind of humor Officer Mills found to be appealing.

“Christ kid- these people that are willing to even cooperate with a reputation like yours aren’t going to find the things that come out of your mouth very funny. I can’t even tell if you’re taking this opportunity seriously. I vouched for you- in court, with this place, I’m putting myself on the chopping block for you. Work with me Teren, just a little. Tell me to my face that you’re going to give this your all.” Mills pulled his chocolate orbs from the road for just a moment to connect them to the still blue of Teren’s gaze- Teren could see the frustration and desperation etched into the forehead creases of the older man, his lips downturned.

“I’ll give it my all.” Teren replied, though his tone bordered on being sarcastic before he looked out the passenger window. The only other sound filling the air between the two being Mills’ exasperated sigh.

It was hours of driving. When he was told he’d be going to a ranch, he didn’t really foresee it being in the middle of nowhere. There was a much smaller town they had passed, most likely one the ranch utilized more for resources as convenience versus making the trip to the city. As far as Teren could tell though- there was still decent enough cell service. Not that he used his phone much these days, really only to answer calls from people he called friends, and maybe a random call from his dad. The boy was sure that if he ever got a concerned call from his mother he’d die of a heart attack on the spot, but they’ve been long since torn apart. The one parent he hasn’t seen in years was the one to at least remember that Teren even had a birthday- his father may have never gotten the day right, but it was the thought that counted Teren supposed. But from the way his mother explained it, Teren’s birth wasn’t exactly a cause for celebration. Not that he disagreed. He didn’t exactly see the point in celebrating a life hardly worth holding out for.

The car turned onto a different road, or maybe it was just a terribly long driveway, but Teren’s eyes were greeted by the tacky sign that reminded him where he was going; Last Chance Ranch. Not a place Teren felt he exactly belonged in. In all honesty, it was just a roomier prison to the male. How this was supposed to give him a second chance was beneath his level of understanding. It wasn’t too much longer before they pulled up to what appeared to be a decently sized house. Teren reached for the backpack between his feet in the car- shoving his open pack of cigarettes in a compartment as Officer Mills leaned over to see what else the boy had managed to stuff in there.

“How many of those packs you got in there?” He asked in a disapproving manner.

“Six, maybe seven. I doubt I’ll get many chances to shop around in town to feed my addiction. It’s not like it’s the worst one to give into.” Teren replied far too casually to amount to the severity of the issue the conversation surrounded, but Mills was willing to cooperate with the boy on just this. Because Teren was right, he had been doing much worse, and Mills figured that if he tried too hard to get him to quit everything… it would send the boy back to chasing the things that would kill him quicker than a few cigarettes.

Teren stepped out of the car, slinging the backpack over his shoulder as he proceeded to walk to the trunk of the car where his single duffle bag was. Mills popped the trunk; coming around to witness Teren picking up the bag before dropping it on the ground at his feet. Teren didn’t honestly have too many things. Mostly clothing, items for his own hygiene, and a few personal things. But Teren knew how to live with close to nothing, anyway.

“You can call me anytime, alright? And so can they. I’ll be coming back in two weeks to touch base with you.” Mills would stick around just to ensure passing Teren off went smoothly, the boy could tell that much from the way the officer was lingering. Teren reached his arm up to be able to close the trunk, afterwards switching his gaze to an emerging figure from the house. It was quite difficult to read Teren’s expressions most of the time; looking for anything past amusement or a lack of care would be quite pointless unless he purposely wants to convey certain emotions. For now, Teren was simply neutral, though his mind was working quite quickly to survey this new space, the people, everything. It’s in his nature to get a grasp of the world around him so he can learn to manipulate the faults to his advantage.

Terebinth X EdlingApril 3, 2023 11:23 AM

~Terebinth Wolves~

Lightbringer

Give Award
After getting her shoes on, Rose practically flew down the stairs. Even though nothing was really happening at the moment, adrenaline coursed through her, making her heart beat fast. "Come on! He's already here." Marcus called, opening the door and walking out. Rose was right behind him, her heart still beating fast. "Do you think i can do this?" Rose whispered to her father as they walked. Marcus chuckled, though it seemed nervous, "Of course you can sweetheart. Just remember what i told you and everything will be fine." Rose didn't have time to answer because right after he said that, they reached the young man. Rose eyed him nervously, making sure to stick close to her father and wondering if either of the males could hear her pounding heart. "Welcome! Im so glad you made it safely." Marcus said, a huge smile on his face. Rose tried to match her father's smile but it came out weak compared to his.
"Im Marucs, and this is my daughter Rose. She will be your friend while you stay here." He said, slightly pushing Rose forward. "Hey." She said quietly, watching the young man closely, feeling slightly helpless at that moment. Was he that bad that he needed a police escort? Rose wondered, glancing at the officer who seemed to want to make sure his passenger transferred smoothly. She then turned her gaze back to the young man, studying him in hopes to find something. Even though he wasn't showing any emotions that Rose could tell, she knew one thing. He needed a friend, and not just any friend, a good friend. That's all that most people that came here needed anyway. Just someone to care.
Marcus's gaze turned to the officer. Although Rose never received the delinquents who came in, Marcus usually did. Meaning he did know who the officer was even if Rose didn't. "I hope the ride wasn't too long." He said to Mills. "I'll be calling you later, but for now im going to get Teren situated." Finally some good information, Rose thought after her father revealed her apprentice's name. After the officer replied, Marcus's phone started ringing. He glanced at it and immediately frowned when he saw who it was. "Sorry, i have to take this. Rose, you know what to do." Rose swallowed nervously but nodded. She couldn't help wonder who was calling, but there was no time to sit around thinking about it. Rose pushed back her worries and turned to Teren, a slightly bigger smile on her face. "I guess we should get you situated in the cabin?" She asked, though it was more of a rhetorical question. She then turned to the officer. "You can come if you like but there's really nothing to see unless your going to be staying here."
Part of her wished the man would come for some protection, even it be for a small amount of time but the other part thought it might not be a good idea. Afterall, the study people -not that she really cared about them- probably wanted very little adult actions involved and plus, no one wanted to be babysat, least of all someone -probably- like Teren. Once the officer answered, Rose nodded and began the walk towards the cabin. "So, your name is Teren?" Rose asked as they walked, trying desperately to remember what the other mentors did when getting a new apprentice. "Do you know how to ride? If you haven't guessed, we're big on horses." She said, waving a hand in the direction of the multiple outdoor arenas, indoor arenas, and pastures. Despite all of the equipment, no one was really in sight. "Lessons just got over so everyone is having free time until dinner. If you have any questions, feel free to ask by the way."

Edited at April 3, 2023 11:58 AM by ~Terebinth Wolves~
Terebinth X EdlingApril 3, 2023 02:39 PM

Edling

Neutral

Give Award

Blue orbs subtly -yet extensively- observed the entities that were here to warmly receive him. The male had a habit of not trusting individuals that smiled in such a friendly manner; in his experience they were either insincere, forced, or hiding unseemly qualities. Teren would know best though, as his own smiles usually fall under the same spectrum of falsity. His gaze shifted to the younger female in accompaniment to the smiling man, and Teren could tell at best she looked… uncomfortable. At least that was a genuine quality he could see past the smile that was falling short on her lips.

As the male -Marcus as he had said- introduced the two of them, Teren could feel the intensity of Mills’ gaze on him. No doubt silently yelling at him to make an effort with these people. But Teren had only wanted to chuckle in amusement in regards to Marcus calling his daughter his friend- there was a humor in that sentence, and just maybe Teren shared that he found this mildly amusing through the way he smiled in an act of formality. “Nice to meet you both.” He uttered, glancing to Mills as if he had needed the officer’s approval before he turned his gaze back to the pair.

“Not long at all,” Mills decreed, refusing to react to the quiet snort that came from Teren; the boy non-verbally calling him out on the lie. “I’ll be looking forward to that call then- and feel free to call me for anything, at any time… especially for him.” Mills stated, throwing the kind of glance of warning that a father would throw to their troublesome child. The officer nodded in response to Marcus before the male’s leave, hardly noticing the curiosity that piqued Teren’s interest at witnessing the nervous body language he was picking him up from Rose. The boy gave a half-hearted shrug to the question he felt he wasn’t really supposed to answer, more so because he would have something coldly sarcastic to reply to the girl with- and Mills was still practically breathing down his neck. Mills relinquished a brief sigh, his thoughtful eyes switching between both Rose and Teren before his stare foxed on the girl. “No, I best get going.” Mills responded, taking a step back as he watched Teren lean down to grab his duffle bag by the straps. “Paride-” Mills stated, Teren glancing back in the officer’s direction, “I’m holding you to your word, kiddo.” ‘Give it your all’, the officer silently affirmed, and Teren gave a faint nod before following Rose.

The male would have been comfortable in silence as he surveyed the vast space around him. Just about everything he was seeing was new to him, and he wasn’t sure he liked that. One would think that being subjected to moving around so much, and having his environments change abruptly often as a child would spur him to be more adaptive to change… but it generated quite the opposite effect. Teren abhorred change. So much so he clung to whatever consistent normalcy he could- no matter how bad. Glancing towards Rose as she spoke, he responded with a simple hum of “mhm”. Obviously she knew his name, though he supposed she was trying to fill the silence with unnecessary small talk. And stupid questions.

“No, I can’t ride.” He responded calmly, flicking his eyes to where she was gesturing before fixing his sights forward. Listening to what Rose added, Teren allowed a still silence to fill the space between them until he decided he had a question worth asking. “How many people are here? Other than you and your dad.” He asked as he picked up his pace enough to fall into near perfect stride along with Rose. A part of him wanted to ask how successful this place actually was with troubled youths, but that was more so to get an answer that would entertain him. There was no part of Teren that believed being here would be beneficial to him in the long run. How could it be? It made very little sense to Teren, a couple months spent here riding a horse or whatever else was expected of him here wouldn't change who he was- a fact the male held closely to himself.

Terebinth X EdlingApril 3, 2023 04:01 PM

~Terebinth Wolves~

Lightbringer

Give Award
Trying to find nonexistent answers in her head, Teren answered her questions and then let the silence fall. Rose dosent necessarily mind quiet at times, but today it seemed to haunt her. When the silence came, it's like she already failed. Didn't the mentors try to get to know their apprentice's? She kept asking herself but not quite daring to speak up. Almost at the cabin, Rose was glad for the question Teren gave her. She would be willing to answer questions all day just to keep the failing feeling from her. Rose mentally counted all the people, just then realizing how big the place actually was. "Counting all the kids and adults...Eighteen. Not including me, my dad or you." After answering, Rose finally forced herself to glance at Teren. He seemed slightly interested in conversation now as he walked by her. That was good, right?
Deep down Rose knew she was overreacting, but couldn't quite admit that yet. She thought she had to be perfect or otherwise things could go down hill. Just then they arrived at the huge cabin that functioned as two. Rose opened the door and stepped in. "I dare you to beat that!" Someone growled just as the two entered. There was a hallway that led farther down but on the left was a room that served as a hangout area for the boys. Just a quick glance told Rose that almost all of the boys were playing a game with their mentors. "Good evening, Rose." One of the mentors greeted, glancing at the boy behind her. "Your father actually accepted-" Rose's eyes widened, knowing what he would say next: the study thing? "Yes!" She shrieked, interrupting Dexter. That earned all the boy's attention and Rose thought she might melt.
"Ha! Alex is scared to upset her 'apprentice.' She dosent want to make him mad!" Mathew cried, obviously very entertained. "Enough." Dexter said firmly, narrowing his eyes at his apprentice. Mathew whispered something to his friends and then they all erupted in laughter, though they all tried to contain it. "Ignore them, Rose. Your doing a fine job. Run along now, you have things to do." A mentor named Jerry said with a sweet smile. "Thanks. Lets go Teren." Rose said, starting down the hallway. At the end of the hallway, she turned to the left. On the right was the girl's room and hangout area but on the left was the boy's room. "If you have any sense, you'll stay away from basically all the boys." She mumbled, clearly upset as she forgot about her shyness and the trying to be perfect thing. Rose then opened the door to the boys room and stepped in. She was immediately met with a glare from the boy who failed to be attending the game. She ignored him though as he was just reading a book and not making fun of her. Rose then went to the end of the room to the last bunkbed. "This bed is empty so you can have either bottom or top. Your things will go under the bed." She then pointed to a door just a few feet away. "Thats the bathroom."
Terebinth X EdlingApril 3, 2023 05:40 PM

Edling

Neutral

Give Award

Letting the information Rose had given him sink in, he came to the conclusion that there were less people then he had imagined. Not that it was a bad thing- less bodies to irritate him he supposed. Teren appreciated the silence though, happy to not be subjected to the cliches of being forced to talk about himself. It was a source of deep vexation to feel people faking their care with him; the way Teren saw it, people have too much going on in their own lives to care too much about the complexities in others. And that was fine with Teren. Because he didn’t care much for anyone else either. The male turned his gaze onto Rose as she had seemed to glance at him, though he noticed that she was a bit taller compared to most other women he had ever known. She was probably taller than his own mother, actually.

Speaking of mother’s, he had noticed she didn’t mention one when giving her answer. Usually people made a point to put emphasis on their parents, which she did, just with her father. Not that he was judging though, of course. If her mother happened to be anything like his, he could understand why she wouldn’t be worth mentioning. “Good to know.” Was all he had replied, his tone just as neutral as his expression has been since arriving.

When they reached the entrance of the cabin, Teren was careful to note every little detail he could about it; the windows, whether it was plausible for him to get up onto the roof, and so on. And upon entering behind Rose, his orbs fixed themselves on the commotion of boys in the space they had entered. It wasn’t unusual for Teren to find himself sharing a living space with strangers- though these were hardly the kinds of strangers he was accustomed to. They were far more docile than the kinds of crowds Teren was familiar with. Teren glanced at the male that had begun to speak- bristling with a brief furrow of his brows at the shriek Rose made beside him before that look dissipated. Before he could make a comment about his hearing needing to be checked after that shrill sound, his gaze tethered to a rather obnoxious sounding boy. Teren had merely expected the other male’s sentence to have been, “Your father actually accepted someone like him?” It wouldn’t have offended Teren, but something in the way Rose appeared made him think otherwise about what that unfinished sentence had meant.

An exaggerated sigh pushed past Teren’s lips as he stared at the louder boy; his gaze expressing he found this boy to be a less than entertaining inconvenience to Teren. In truth everyone here was an inconvenience, but individuals that behave like middle schoolers are even more so. Teren decided to keep any comments, for now, to himself. The male himself was a pot-stirrer, and he could only hope for the people here’s sake that he wasn’t given a reason to stir things up a bit. But even with that thought in mind, he could practically hear Mill’s disapproving sigh- so he tore his gaze away from the scene and continued following Rose down the hallway. He wasn't shy to allow his gaze to travel the space around him as they walked, though he did give a huff in place of a chuckle to what Rose had mumbled. “I’d like to think I have a fair amount of sense.” He replied, but the point was taken- it was safest to separate himself as much as possible from boys that posed as a source of irritation to him.

As he entered the room behind Rose, the glare from the only other body in the room hardly went unnoticed by Teren. The guy glared at Rose like he suspected she had killed his dog or something- no, Teren mentally reminded himself that comments like that weren’t received well by other people. Apparently the things he found humorous just weren’t funny to other people, and Rose didn’t exactly strike Teren as someone that would appreciate a darker sense of humor anyway. Coming to a stop at the bed Rose had walked him to, Teren waited to hear her instructions before he tossed his backpack up onto the top bunk before dropping his duffle back on the floor- using his foot to kick it under the bed. He would be getting into his backpack sooner than later anyway, so he found no sense in putting it under the bed for right now. Plus it showed that he was claiming the top bunk, he had his reasons. His gaze followed to where she had pointed to the bathroom though, and he gave a small nod of acknowledgment.

“That loud kid had called you Alex… inside joke or something?” Teren asked, mildly curious. “Are there any cabin rules I should be aware of? Like curfews and whatnot.” Teren spoke again as he put a hand in the pocket of his black jeans. He figured smoking inside was frowned upon, as it was in most places, but he wouldn’t exactly be thrilled from being disallowed to step outside late at night to do it. Besides, he doubted he would be sleeping comfortably -if at all- for the next little while. Call it a habit from sleeping in places with less than trustworthy roommates, but it just wouldn’t be possible for Teren to be too at peace here for the foreseeable future.

Terebinth X EdlingApril 3, 2023 06:29 PM

~Terebinth Wolves~

Lightbringer

Give Award
Rose heard Teren's reply to her comment but she didn't answer because she didn't know how. Instead she just countinued into the room like normal. Once she had introduced the bathroom, she glanced back at Teren, suddenly remembering her shyness and everything eles. Luckily, he had yet another question Rose was grateful for. Though, this question was a bit more personal than she had expected and was briefly caught off gaurd. "Uhh, oh, that was Mathew. Alexis is my middle name and somehow, they found that out. Some of the kids decided to call me Alex for a nickname. Im pretty sure some of them meant to annoy me but i dont really care to be honest. You can even call me that..but i have a feeling your not the nickname type." As soon as that last sentence came out of her mouth, she quickly shut her trap.
She averted her gaze, not meaning to presume things. Plus, it seemed kinda weird to Rose to blurt something like that. Granted it wasn't anything horrible, but she did feel bad. "Sorry, i didn't mean to say that out loud." She said quietly, nervously shifting from one foot to another. "Anyways, there technically is rules but, my father gave me permission to do basically whatever we- i want." She said, a brief -slightly michevious- smile crossing her lips. Her expression then became serious as she looked Teren in the eyes. "But, before you even get the idea, we are not going to do anything bad. The whole purpose of this place is to help the change and give last chances, and that does not include going back to the bad things that one might or might not have done. The one thing i cant change is when food is served. Breakfast is at 8:30 to 9:30. Lunch is at 11:30 to 12:30 and dinner is 5:30 to 6:30."
Rose then glanced around the room nervously, not quite used to all the eye contact. Almost no one looked her in the eyes, and she was grateful for that because eye contact -with people shes not used to- always gets Rose slightly nervous. "You wont have to worry too much about the schedule though, because most of the time, im supposed to be..uhh..watching you." She said, not quite looking at Teren. "Please dont take that the wrong way." She added, fully aware someone like him could make a big deal out of that. "Anyways, do you want to go see the horses or uhhh, go join the other boys? Just to warn you, dinner is in thirty minutes so we dont have an awful lot of time. If it's something not horrible, i mighy let you choose what we do."

Forums > Roleplay > 1x1
   1    2    3 

Refresh

Copyright ©2013-2024 Go Go Gatsby Designs, LLC    All Rights Reserved
Terms Of Use  |   Privacy Policy   |   DMCA   |   Contact Us