Drunken seas
05:32:42 Pera
Thanks Ibuki!
 IbukiMiodaKin
05:31:51 
Pera I think sales since that's where I had posted
 Drunken seas
05:29:59 Pera
Are we allowed to post looking-for art ads in main chat? Or is that a sales chat thing?
 limbo
05:22:28 ZD
Urux,
it's still cute!! i feel you though. i want to make a matching avi/banner but its so much effort lol
 Urux
05:20:57 Urox
Limbo
Oh thank you haha, it's nothing fancy. I just disliked having the basic one, I made it with Canva :') I need to actually draw myself an avi
 limbo
05:19:29 ZD
Urux,
*^* you're too sweet aha
i love your avi by the way! the pattern is dope and i love the skelly hands!!
 Urux
05:16:12 Urox
Limbo
I think it all looks great together!
 limbo
05:13:43 ZD
Urux,
thank you!! :'D
i like my current palette too much to change it for a Halloween one, so i figured a header was good enough lol
 Urux
05:11:54 Urox
Limbo
It looks so cute! Also that profile picture is to DIE for
 limbo
05:07:51 ZD
i got a ghostly header for Halloween .w.
 Urux
04:05:05 Urox
Final Boy licks an icicle and gets their tongue stuck to it.

An icicle? In summer, sir where are you?
 starmutt
03:55:11 marsh | they/it
first somewhat completed palette
minus wolf info and everywhere on the site i didnt look yet xD
 Arachne
03:54:40 Ara/Kat
marsh
it looks so pretty pretty
 starmutt
03:52:46 marsh | they/it
my page is pink :3
 Karou
03:50:58 
redd,
i've been so unlucky with these shits, they only give me trash. 100+ geodes opened and all I've got to show are 3 dyes lol (not even the dyes I want, all I asked for was ONE eye dye)
 Arachne
03:45:25 Ara/Kat
just had the luckiest game of relic memory yet if i hadnÂ’t have hesitated from shock i mightÂ’ve beat 12 seconds
 Red River Wolves
03:45:15 Redd Dead
Karou,
Yeah that's probably wise. I don't have any right now, but I'll probably sell any ones I get
 Echo Eclipse
03:42:07 Echo | Thunder
Marsh
Thanks
 Karou
03:41:31 
redd,
no I'm stopping until december lol I have customs to make :')
sell 'em lol

Refresh

You must be a registered member for more
than 1 day before you can use our chatbox.
Quests
Alliance Battles
Challenges

Hourly Damage Variances
Mojave Green Rattler : +5
Cheetah : -3
Rattlesnake : +4
    Summer   Day  Weather:  Heavy Rain

Forums

→ Wolf Play is a fun game! Sign Up Now!

My Subscriptions
My Bookmarks
My Topics
Latest Topics
Following
Forums > Roleplay > 1x1

Veil of the Hollowed || Azalea x EdlingOctober 20, 2024 07:18 PM

Azalea

Lightbringer

Give Award

Do not post unless you are Azalea or Edling

Veil of the Hollowed || Azalea x EdlingOctober 20, 2024 04:28 PM

Azalea

Lightbringer

Give Award

Veil of the Hollowed

After years of brutal war on distant shores, a young knight returns to his home city—a place that was once bustling with life and proud of its heritage. But upon his arrival, he finds it a hollow shell of its former self, consumed by a strange and terrifying plague. Those who have fallen ill become Hollowed—savage, mindless creatures that attack anything they come across. Fear and chaos grip the remaining survivors, and the once-great city teeters on the edge of collapse.

At the same time, a plague doctor—known for her knowledge of alchemy, medicine, and ancient healing practices—arrives to investigate the plague and find a cure. She is met with suspicion by the city’s leaders, who are desperate for answers but wary of her unconventional methods. The knight, though relieved to see someone with expertise in dealing with diseases, remains skeptical of her approach. He has grown disillusioned by his experiences in war, and her calm, methodical demeanor seems out of place in the desperate circumstances they face.

But when their paths cross during a deadly skirmish in one of the city’s abandoned quarters, the two find themselves reluctantly joining forces. The knight, hardened by battle and burdened with the guilt of war, is quick to act with force, defending the city’s remaining survivors with sword and shield. The plague doctor, on the other hand, is determined to uncover the origins of the plague through investigation, hoping that knowledge and strategy can save what remains of the city.

Veil of the Hollowed || Azalea x EdlingOctober 20, 2024 10:23 PM

Azalea

Lightbringer

Give Award

Madeleine Orlaith Delevingne

Madeleine is derived from the French form of Magdalene, meaning “from Magdala” or “tower.” It symbolizes strength, resilience, and a sense of steadfastness in the face of adversity. Orlaith, of Irish origin, means “golden princess” or “golden lady,” representing nobility, purity, and a regal elegance. Delevingne is of French origin, derived from the Old French word “de l’Évêché”, meaning “from the bishopric” or “from the diocese,” suggesting a connection to a religious or ecclesiastical authority in medieval times.

Nicknames

Maddie: The most casual and friendly nickname, used by those who know her well and want to soften her serious nature.

Lene: A more intimate and affectionate name, used by those closest to her

Mae: Simple, elegant, and fitting for someone who balances grace with strength.

Mad: A playful and teasing variation, used to lighten the mood by close friends or comrades.

Birthdate

June 21st

Female

Pronouns

She/Her

Sexuality

Heterosexual

Appearance

Madeleine Orlaith’s appearance tells the story of a woman whose life has been shaped by both beauty and hardship. At 5’1”, she is petite but carries herself with a presence that seems to transcend her stature. Her curvaceous hips lend her a natural, feminine elegance that softens the edges of the often harsh world she navigates. The contrast between her narrow shoulders and fuller hips creates a striking hourglass figure, further accentuating her graceful movements. Her build, while undeniably feminine, is also the result of a life spent in constant motion—she has had to rely on her physical strength as much as her intellect in order to survive.

Her lean, toned muscles are the result of countless hours spent walking between villages, often on foot, carrying her medical equipment and supplies. Every muscle speaks of endurance rather than brute strength—of the need for stamina and resilience over raw power. Her body, though slender, is not fragile; it has been honed by her life as a healer, where quick, decisive action and physical dexterity are paramount. Madeleine’s shorter torso balances out her longer legs, which give her a lithe, elongated appearance when she walks. These longer legs, paired with her carefully trained balance and coordination, allow her to move swiftly and with purpose, a necessity in the dangerous and chaotic environments where she often works.

Her skin is golden tan, the natural result of days spent exposed to the elements. Madeleine has seen many sunrises and sunsets while journeying across the land, her skin absorbing the sun’s warmth, leaving her with a radiant, healthy glow. Scattered across her skin are light freckles, delicate but ever-present, a result of her frequent time spent outdoors. These freckles dot her face, arms, and even her back, giving her a natural, almost innocent charm despite the seriousness of her work. The sun has painted her with these gentle marks, making her look younger than her years, though her eyes tell a different story.

Madeleine’s face is soft and heart-shaped, her button nose lending a youthful innocence to her appearance. Despite the harshness of her surroundings and the gravity of her responsibilities, there is something undeniably delicate about her features. Her soft arched eyebrows frame her face, resting just above her long, natural lashes, which curl upwards, enhancing the mystery of her eyes. Her most captivating feature is undoubtedly her eyes—ocean blue, ringed with pale green around the pupils due to her central heterochromia. These dual-colored eyes have a way of mesmerizing those who meet her gaze, revealing the layers of both kindness and strength within her soul. Her eyes are windows to the complexity of her character, showing both the healer who cares deeply for others and the woman who is unafraid to face death and danger.

Her lips, full and soft, are naturally rosy, often pressed into a line of concentration or slight frown as she works. When she smiles, which is rare given the nature of her life, it can catch people off guard, revealing a gentler side beneath the serious exterior. Her baby blonde curls, which reach down to her waist, are one of her most distinctive features. They cascade in voluminous waves, not frizzy or untamed but just a bit messy at times, the soft golden tones catching the light in a way that makes them seem almost ethereal. When she is not working, Madeleine allows her curls to flow freely, giving her a soft, feminine appearance that contrasts with the harsher aspects of her surroundings.

Her body is also marked by the trials she has endured. Along her left collarbone, a deep scar runs across the bone, a memory of a life-threatening encounter with a thief who sought to steal her supplies. It is a reminder of how dangerous her life can be, even when she is not actively treating the sick. Another scar runs down her spine, the result of an accident early in her career, when she was still learning to navigate the dangerous, disease-ridden environments where she works. These scars are reminders of her resilience, of her ability to endure and overcome even in the most dangerous of situations.

One of Madeleine’s more intimate features is the birthmark that sits just above her right hip-bone. The mark, almost in the shape of a cross, is something she has always viewed as a personal emblem of fate or destiny, though she rarely speaks of it. The birthmark feels almost symbolic, especially in her line of work where life and death hang in the balance every day. It is one of the few physical features that she keeps hidden, a secret known only to herself and those closest to her.

Despite her scars and the physical marks of her journey, there is an undeniable femininity to Madeleine’s body. Her curvaceous hips, though practical for her build, also lend her an air of quiet sensuality that often goes unnoticed due to the seriousness of her demeanor. Her slender waistcontrasts with the softness of her curves, making her movements fluid and graceful. Madeleine’s body, though hardened by the realities of her life, still retains its natural beauty—an intriguing blend of strength and grace, of softness and resilience.

Her appearance is not just a reflection of her outer beauty but also of the inner strength she possesses. Her body tells the story of a woman who has faced countless challenges, yet continues to carry herself with quiet dignity and purpose. Each scar, each freckle, and each curl in her hair is a testament to the life she has lived—one of healing, danger, and unyielding determination.

Voice & Accent

Madeleine’s voice carries a soft, feminine quality that contrasts with the often harsh and chaotic world around her. It’s melodic, with a calm and soothing cadence that can ease the fears of even the most desperate patient. Her tone is clear and precise, yet there’s an underlying strength in it—an assurance that reflects her intellect and confidence. She speaks with a slight Old English accent, a remnant of her upbringing in a family of respected healers and nobles, lending her words a subtle air of sophistication and grace. It’s a voice that commands attention without being forceful, a voice that reflects her compassion and resilience, as well as her deep-rooted sense of heritage. Whether comforting the sick or navigating tense conversations with others, Madeleine’s voice never wavers—soft yet powerful, marked by elegance and dignity, fitting for a woman who carries the weight of both duty and destiny on her shoulders.

Scent/Aroma

Madeleine’s scent is an alluring blend of sweet and sophisticated notes that linger in the air, leaving an impression of both warmth and elegance. The initial burst of ripe red berries offers a fresh, vibrant sweetness, capturing attention with its bold and inviting aroma. As the scent softens, creamy vanilla and rich amber emerge, adding a comforting depth that evokes a sense of calm amidst her often chaotic surroundings. Subtle hints of delicate florals, like jasmine and violet, weave through the fragrance, offering a soft, refined touch. The overall effect is a warm, captivating scent that is both feminine and strong, embodying the quiet strength and grace that define Madeleine’s presence.

Personality

Madeleine’s personality is an intricate tapestry of resilience, compassion, and unyielding determination. At her core, she is a woman driven by an unwavering sense of duty, a commitment to healing and serving those affected by the mysterious plague that ravages the land. Her sense of responsibility is not merely a duty—it is her identity. She approaches her work with a level of seriousness that borders on obsession. Her relentless pursuit of a cure, combined with the constant weight of responsibility that accompanies her role as a plague doctor, keeps her on her feet day and night. She’s often found moving quickly from village to village, determined to alleviate suffering in whatever way she can. Her energy and drive are not just about professional success—they are about her need to make a difference in a world that seems overwhelmed by death and despair.

However, beneath this unwavering exterior lies a deep well of vulnerability. Madeleine’s fear of weakness or failure is profound. She is acutely aware that in her line of work, the slightest lapse in judgment can lead to tragedy, so she pushes herself to the absolute limit. She refuses to allow herself to rest, to accept help, or even to display weakness. Part of this stems from her desire to prove herself in a world that often dismisses her based on her youth and gender. Madeleine is constantly proving her worth, determined to show those around her that she is as capable as anyone, if not more so. She bears the burden of their doubt and underestimation like a challenge she must overcome at every turn. This creates an internal tension within her: the urge to protect herself from judgment while continuing to pour everything she has into the well-being of others.

Her empathy is both her strength and her curse. Madeleine feels the pain of others deeply, almost as if it’s her own. She is often haunted by the suffering of her patients, unable to distance herself from the pain she witnesses in her work. This emotional investment allows her to be a compassionate and highly skilled healer, but it also means she takes on more than she should. When someone dies, especially if she was unable to help, it weighs heavily on her. She often replays every moment in her mind, analyzing what could have been done differently, even when there is nothing more she could have done. She is her harshest critic, never fully allowing herself to accept the limitations of her role as a healer. She holds herself to an impossibly high standard, and this internal pressure sometimes leads to her pushing her body and mind far beyond their limits.

Her flirtatious nature is a curious contradiction to her otherwise serious personality. Though Madeleine has a sharp, almost intimidating sense of professionalism when she’s treating the sick, there is an undeniable playfulness beneath the surface. She has a tendency to use flirtation as a shield, a way to deflect others from seeing the more vulnerable aspects of herself. When faced with situations where she feels exposed or emotionally unsafe, her flirtation can act as both a distraction for herself and a way to disarm those around her. It’s her way of taking back some control in situations where she feels at the mercy of danger, fate, or others’ opinions. Madeleine can charm and disarm even the most stoic or gruff individuals with her playful teasing, a skill she honed early on as a means of navigating male-dominated spaces where her authority was often questioned. However, behind the playful glances and sly smiles is a woman who fears being emotionally vulnerable. She uses her flirtatious nature to keep others at a distance, preventing them from seeing how deeply the suffering around her affects her.

Beneath her seemingly unshakable exterior is a woman who deeply craves connection, even though she’s reluctant to admit it. Madeleine longs for companionship, though she guards her heart fiercely, knowing that any emotional attachment she allows will be fraught with risk. She carries the weight of so many lives in her hands, and the thought of losing someone she cares about is an unbearable prospect. This fear of loss manifests in her reluctance to allow herself to form deep attachments. While she may engage in lighthearted banter or flirtation, she struggles with allowing anyone to truly see her for who she is beneath the surface.

Though Madeleine often comes across as serious and driven, there is an underlying warmth that occasionally shines through her guarded demeanor. She has a natural charm that draws people in, whether they realize it or not. Her gentle, yet firm demeanor often inspires trust, as people sense her unwavering commitment to helping them, even when they are at their most vulnerable. When she does open up to someone, even if just slightly, there is a quiet kindness to her that is often hidden beneath her professional exterior. She’s known to be fiercely protective of those she cares about, willing to go to great lengths to ensure their safety, even if it means putting herself in harm’s way.

Madeleine’s complex personality is a delicate balance between her internal desire for connection and her external need for independence. She wants to be seen, to be acknowledged as more than just a healer, but she is also afraid of being judged or seen as weak. She walks a tightrope between these competing desires every day, all while managing the immense burden of caring for a world suffering from both plague and despair. In her heart, Madeleine is a woman who wants to heal—not just physically, but emotionally and mentally as well. She wants to bring light into the darkest corners of people’s lives, even if she struggles to accept the fact that she, too, needs healing in return.

Temperament

Madeleine’s temperament is a blend of calm determination, subtle warmth, and fierce protectiveness. Outwardly composed and level-headed, she exudes a quiet strength that allows her to navigate even the most dangerous or challenging situations with poise. While she is often reserved, keeping her emotions in check, her empathy runs deep, especially when she’s faced with suffering or injustice. Her fierce independence can make her seem distant or aloof, but beneath that guarded exterior lies a caring, loyal heart, capable of great warmth and support for those she trusts. Her temper, though rarely seen, flares when she feels her boundaries are crossed, especially if she is pushed beyond her limits. Despite the pressure she places on herself, Madeleine is resilient and determined, driven by a sense of duty that often leads her to neglect her own needs. Her ability to stay composed in the face of adversity is both her greatest strength and her greatest flaw, as it sometimes hides the vulnerability she carries beneath.

Enneagram Type

Madeleine aligns with Enneagram Type 1, the Reformer. Driven by a strong sense of responsibility and a desire to make a positive impact, she holds herself to high standards, often pushing herself beyond her limits in her mission to help the sick and dying. Her determination, along with her occasional self-critical tendencies, reflects the Type 1’s inner struggle with perfectionism and a fear of not being good enough. While she can come off as stoic and focused, her deep empathy for others, combined with her habit of using flirtation to hide vulnerability, adds complexity to her rigid exterior, showing that her desire for justice is intertwined with a genuine care for those around her.

MBTI

Madeleine’s MBTI type is ISTJ (Introverted, Sensing, Thinking, Judging). As an Introvert, she is focused and reflective, often preferring to process her thoughts internally and work alone, especially when facing the weight of her responsibilities. Her Sensing trait makes her detail-oriented, grounded in the present moment, and practical in her approach to solving problems—whether it be treating patients or navigating dangerous environments. Madeleine’s Thinking side makes her objective and logical, relying on reason and facts rather than emotions, which helps her in her work as a healer, where clear decision-making is essential. Her Judging preference is seen in her strong sense of duty, structure, and organization. She approaches her tasks with discipline, preferring a clear plan and finding comfort in order, even though she may struggle with perfectionism or pushing herself too hard.

Fears/Phobias

Her greatest fear is failure—failing to save lives, failing to find a cure, and failing those who depend on her. She also fears forming deep connections with others, knowing that many of the people around her could die from the plague, leaving her with another layer of grief to carry.

Strengths

1. Expertise in Herbal Remedies and Alchemy: Madeleine possesses extensive knowledge of herbal medicine and alchemical processes. Her ability to craft effective treatments and understand diseases, especially the plague, sets her apart as a skilled healer.

2. Adaptability and Quick Thinking: She excels in high-pressure situations, able to quickly improvise with limited resources. Whether facing an urgent medical need or a dangerous environment, Madeleine’s ability to think on her feet ensures the best outcome.

3. Resourcefulness: Madeleine makes use of whatever is available to her, often finding creative solutions to problems. This resourcefulness allows her to manage when supplies are low or when traditional methods fail.

4. Fierce Independence: She navigates the dangerous, plague-ridden world largely on her own terms. Madeleine rarely relies on others, and her independence is a testament to her resilience and strength of character.

5. Calm Under Pressure: Madeleine is composed in the face of danger and uncertainty. Her ability to stay calm and focused when everything around her is chaotic makes her a reliable presence in crisis situations.

6. Determined and Driven: Her unyielding sense of purpose pushes her to never back down from a challenge. Madeleine is fiercely dedicated to her mission of healing, even when it takes a toll on her physically and emotionally.

7. Empathy and Compassion: While Madeleine often keeps her emotions hidden, she is deeply empathetic toward her patients, feeling their suffering as her own. This compassion drives her to go above and beyond in her work, even when it’s exhausting or dangerous.

8. Resilience: Madeleine has endured personal and professional hardships, from dangerous encounters to the emotional toll of loss and illness. Despite this, her resilience enables her to keep moving forward with unwavering dedication to her mission.

9. Strong Problem-Solving Skills: She approaches every situation with a logical mind, seeking practical, effective solutions to complex issues. Her ability to think strategically allows her to handle emergencies and find solutions when others may be at a loss.

10. Leadership Through Example: Though she may not often seek out leadership roles, her actions and dedication inspire those around her to follow her lead. People trust her judgment, and her quiet strength often draws others to rely on her during difficult times.

Weaknesses

1. Stubbornness: Madeleine’s strong will and determination can sometimes prevent her from accepting help when it’s needed most. She often refuses assistance out of fear of appearing weak or vulnerable, which can lead to unnecessary strain on her health and well-being.

2. Emotional Detachment: Her tendency to keep her emotions hidden and guard her feelings makes it difficult for her to form close, lasting relationships. This emotional distance, though a form of self-protection, can result in isolation, leaving her without the support she might need in times of emotional turmoil.

3. Fear of Failure: Madeleine’s perfectionism and high standards for herself can manifest as an overwhelming fear of failure. This drives her to push herself to her limits, often at the expense of her own physical and mental health. She’s reluctant to admit when she’s overwhelmed, preferring to shoulder the burden alone.

4. Overworking and Burnout: Madeleine’s sense of duty compels her to work tirelessly, sometimes to the point of exhaustion. She has a habit of neglecting her own needs and health in favor of tending to others, which can result in physical fatigue and mental burnout.

5. Tendency to Bottle Up Emotions: Instead of confronting and processing her emotions, Madeleine often suppresses them, causing them to build up over time. This can lead to emotional outbursts or moments of vulnerability that catch her off guard when the pressure becomes too great.

6. Difficulty Asking for Help: Due to her fierce independence and fear of being perceived as weak, Madeleine struggles with asking for help, even when she knows it’s necessary. This can put her at a disadvantage in critical situations where teamwork and collaboration are essential.

7. Perfectionism: Madeleine has a tendency to set impossibly high standards for herself, both in her work and in how she carries herself. This perfectionism can make her overly critical of her own mistakes and lead to frustration when things don’t go as planned.

8. Reluctance to Express Vulnerability: Her desire to remain strong and capable at all times prevents her from showing vulnerability, even when it could help her connect with others. This reluctance can cause her to appear cold or emotionally distant, even to those who care about her deeply.

9. Fear of Losing Control: Madeleine is someone who values structure and control over chaos. When situations spiral beyond her control, especially when dealing with patients or dangerous circumstances, it can cause her significant stress and anxiety.

10. Difficulty Letting Go of Guilt: Madeleine often carries guilt for situations beyond her control, such as the death of patients or not being able to save everyone. This guilt can weigh heavily on her, fueling her fear of failure and driving her to push herself harder than necessary.

Family

Madeleine’s father was a stoic yet deeply compassionate man, a master apothecary whose skill in both alchemy and herbal medicine was revered by many. His life was dedicated to perfecting his craft, and he ran the family’s apothecary with meticulous care. He had a quiet strength about him, often presenting a stern exterior, but those who knew him well understood that beneath that exterior was a kind heart. His love for his work extended to his children, particularly Madeleine, whom he saw a kindred spirit in. Despite the societal constraints that often limited women’s roles, he encouraged her passion for medicine, allowing her to sit by his side in the apothecary, teaching her the intricacies of their trade. His methods were strict and his expectations high, but Madeleine admired his dedication to the craft, even if it meant he was sometimes emotionally distant. His untimely death during the plague marked the beginning of Madeleine’s heavy burden as a healer, and his teachings remained with her even as she continued her work alone.

Madeleine’s mother was the heart of the Orlaith household, a nurturing woman whose gentle presence balanced the stoic intensity of her husband. A devoted caregiver, she managed the family’s home with loving attention, ensuring that everything was in order, from the herb collections to the ancient texts that held the family’s healing secrets. Though she supported Madeleine’s interest in medicine, she held traditional views about a woman’s role in society, often pushing her daughter to focus on domestic life and marriage rather than a career in healing. This created a subtle tension between them, as Madeleine desired independence and a place in the world of medicine, while her mother clung to the more traditional notions of womanhood. Despite this, Madeleine knew her mother’s love for her was unconditional, and her nurturing spirit was something Madeleine cherished deeply. When the plague struck, her mother’s death was a devastating blow, leaving Madeleine feeling both lost and determined to carry on the family’s legacy in her absence.

Madeleine’s older brother, Rian, was a quiet, thoughtful man who embodied the more traditional values of their family. He was deeply connected to their father’s apothecary, and from an early age, it was assumed that he would take over the business when their father was no longer able to. Rian was patient, practical, and deeply rooted in the stability of their village life. While he had a love for their family’s work, his calm and cautious nature made him less inclined to take risks, and he struggled to understand Madeleine’s unrelenting drive to forge her own path. He was content to follow the path laid out for him, and though he cared deeply for Madeleine, the gap between their ambitions grew wider over time. When the plague hit, Rian’s reluctance to confront the grim reality of the disease led him to retreat into the safety of the apothecary, isolating himself from the outside world. This caused a growing rift between the two siblings, as Madeleine continued to confront the disease head-on, feeling the weight of responsibility for both her family’s legacy and the lives of those suffering. Rian, overwhelmed by guilt and fear, retreated from both their legacy and his relationship with Madeleine, leaving her to carry the family’s burden alone.

Significant Other

Though Madeleine has flirted with several people, she remains emotionally guarded and has yet to fully open up to anyone.

Affiliations

WIP

Backstory

Madeleine Orlaith was born into a family of skilled apothecaries, a lineage that stretched back generations, known for their deep knowledge of herbal remedies, alchemy, and ancient healing traditions. Her parents were both devoted to their craft, running a well-respected apothecary shop in a quiet village nestled in the hills of Ederia. Her father, a stern yet kind-hearted man, had dedicated his life to perfecting his craft, passing down his knowledge and skills to Madeleine from a very young age. Her mother, a gentle and nurturing woman, ran the household and kept the family’s ancient healing texts and herb collections meticulously organized. Despite her own wisdom, her mother held traditional views and often believed that certain paths, such as medicine, were not suited for women.

Madeleine’s older brother was seen as the natural successor to their father’s legacy, given his age and his deep connection to the craft. He was the more traditional of the two siblings, possessing a calm demeanor and an easy ability to relate to the village’s elders. He was set to follow in their father’s footsteps and eventually take over the apothecary’s shop, much to Madeleine’s disappointment. From an early age, Madeleine had an insatiable curiosity for medicine and often found herself at odds with societal expectations. She wasn’t content with staying home, helping her mother with domestic chores; she wanted to be by her father’s side, learning the delicate art of mixing potions, curing ailments, and identifying the most obscure herbs.

Her father, though hesitant at first due to the expectations of the time, was ultimately convinced by her enthusiasm and determination. He saw in Madeleine a unique gift, a mind sharp and eager to understand the nuances of medicine. Though she was young, Madeleine was permitted to sit in on the late-night discussions between her father and the other local healers, helping grind herbs and study the ancient texts that their family had carefully preserved. Over time, her father became her greatest mentor, nurturing her skills, teaching her the secrets of alchemy, and gradually passing down the most advanced techniques.

Though Madeleine’s mother had always been supportive of her ambitions, she was far more traditional, believing it was better for Madeleine to take a less prominent role in the family’s work. Her mother often worried that by placing too much focus on healing, her daughter might lose sight of other important aspects of womanhood, such as building a family and finding a husband. Madeleine respected her mother’s wishes but continued to pursue her passion in secret, sharpening her skills in every spare moment. The bond between Madeleine and her mother was complex, filled with love but also with unspoken tension, as Madeleine sought independence from her mother’s domestic expectations.

Her older brother was not opposed to her learning medicine, but he never fully understood her drive. He was content to follow the prescribed path laid out before him, and though he loved Madeleine deeply, he never saw the need to push beyond what their family had always done. His more cautious nature contrasted sharply with Madeleine’s unrelenting desire to forge her own way, especially when the plague began to ravage their homeland.

When the plague struck their village, it devastated both their family and the surrounding communities. The disease spread quickly, taking the lives of many, including her mother. Madeleine watched in helpless agony as her mother succumbed to the sickness, despite their best efforts. Her father was consumed with grief, retreating into his studies and refusing to leave his apothecary, too distraught to even try to save himself. Madeleine, devastated by the loss of both her mother and the collapse of their family’s legacy, was forced to take up the mantle of plague doctor, her father’s teachings now her only guide.

Her brother, despite his own mourning, had to take over the apothecary shop, but his reluctance to confront the growing disaster led him to shut himself away from the world, believing the best way to survive was to remain isolated. Madeleine, however, refused to hide. With no one else to rely on, she embraced the role of a plague doctor, armed with her father’s knowledge and the lessons she had learned from him. She traveled from village to village, doing everything in her power to stop the spread of the plague and to alleviate the suffering of those she encountered. The grief over losing her mother and the guilt of not being able to save her father, who eventually succumbed to the disease, fueled her determination to save others.

Her relationship with her brother became strained during this time. He blamed himself for not being able to do more to save their parents, and the rift between them deepened as Madeleine’s drive became all-consuming. Her brother, having witnessed their parents’ downfall, couldn’t bear the thought of putting himself in such a vulnerable position again and retreated from society altogether, seeking safety and isolation. Madeleine, on the other hand, was consumed by guilt and fear of failure. She felt the weight of responsibility for their family’s legacy, and as she traveled from place to place, the only thing that kept her going was the hope that she could somehow prevent others from enduring the same pain and loss she had.

Though she continues to visit the villages, it is not just a means of survival for Madeleine—it’s a way to honor her family’s legacy and continue their work in their memory. Every life she saves, every person she helps, is a small piece of healing for the wounds that still lie open in her heart. Despite her strength and resilience, Madeleine still carries the weight of grief and loss, and her journey is as much about finding healing for herself as it is for others. The shadow of her family’s past haunts her, but it also drives her forward, propelling her toward a future where she can make a difference, even if it comes at great personal cost.

In her moments of reflection, Madeleine often recalls her father’s words, passed down to her with love and encouragement: “Healing is not just about curing, it’s about comforting the soul in times of suffering.”

Other

Edited at October 21, 2024 12:14 AM by Azalea

Forums > Roleplay > 1x1

Refresh

Copyright ©2013-2024 Go Go Gatsby Designs, LLC    All Rights Reserved
Terms Of Use  |   Privacy Policy   |   DMCA   |   Contact Us