Wolf Play : Canine Drawing Tips
Chatbox
 Voxtexy
04:30:19 Vox
Karou,
I was searching for him/on my way to find him, buut then I took my hiatus from the game lol

So far I have three people in my party: Astarion, Shadowheart, and Wyll. I 100% missed Wyll the first time I came through the grove.

I can 100% make a woman, but goshh-. It was hard making a guy until I got a couple of face/head mods. I found one I really like, so I was like "imma use this". I can just relate to having a guy character more, so seeing the mods made me so happy lol

Oh! I'm just a half-elf fighter right now. I don't know too much about the game or what classes are deemed good/bad, just went with something that I somewhat know about because of the DnD campaigns I'm in
 Karou
04:25:17 
omg it cut off right when I asked what class you're playing :<
 Karou
04:25:01 
vox,
oh I didn't find gale on my first run either. or lae'zel. I only had 2 people in my camp. so I permanently lost lae'zel and I talked to my friends who told me where gale is, so I got him at least but he was pretty useless because I was a wizard
gale is pretty easy to romance since he's neutral good in act 1 I believe, the reason I didn't romance karlach is because she is lawful good and... most of my choices were neutral, definitely nowhere near lawful good XD
also shadowheart is too easy honestly, if you have a run like mine you'll probably be liked by lae'zel, astarion, gale and shadowheart, unless you use wyll on your team, i don't know what he even does
ah I haven't needed mods yet because all my characters have been women, when I DID try making a man I just... hated... everything. would not do again.
 Voxtexy
04:21:06 Vox
My guy's arms are glowing (looks like they're on fire) and I have no clue what is causing this lmaoo
 Voxtexy
04:19:10 Vox
Karou,
Yeahh, the first time I played I hadn't even found Gale yet xD

I feel like I'm gonna romance someone on accident or drive away whoever I end up wanting to romance. Seems like something I'd do lol

I never realized that they were there, then I saw them and I was like "we're friends now". I only really got mods to give myself more face, hair, and color options upon character creation. Something about the default male faces wasn't doin' it for me heh
 Karou
04:12:38 
vox,
oh I thought you'd've played more XD then I won't spoil you or anything
I'm on Act 3 and I have like 3 quests left but the act 3 monotony has just made me not want to beat the game, act 1 and act 2 were peak and then act 3 is just too much freedom of choice all at once and it's overwhelming (for me at least)
when I started playing I thought I'd love Karlach, and I DO, but she doesn't love me back, so instead Gale won me over and I'd love to do a Gale run where he romances Astarion because that's a canon ship in my opinion XD

oh yeah Us is silly, I left them behind on my first run though because I was thinkin they're creepy
I've yet to play with mods though I'm keeping it vanilla for now and I don't have much time to play anymore either
 Voxtexy
04:08:42 Vox
I would have more time on the game if not for deployment and then me procrastinating like crazy
 Voxtexy
04:08:12 Vox
Karou,
Ah. Yeah, so I haven't played this game much lmaoo

I haven't gotten through Act 1 yet. I played, then got mad at myself, annd procrastinated playing until now. I just restarted (downloaded some mods since consoles finally get mods now).

I currently don't have a favorite! I do miss my brain friend from the ship though, I don't know why I enjoyed that thing but I did xD
 Karou
04:05:32 
vox,
you just open the map and warp elsewhere, that works for me but when I co-oped with friends they kept saying that it doesn't work so I don't know, maybe it's different for everyone XD
but real shit, who's your favourite companion?
 Voxtexy
04:04:22 Vox
Karou,
I decided to not promise to drink the poison and she resorted to battle. I just knocked her out and then realized I was trapped lmaoo

I can go to camp, but when I leave I'm right back in the same spot I was in prior to that.
 Karou
04:03:19 
vox,
i didn't even know that and I have like 100 hours on it, this game has so many secrets I can't :'(
you can't go to camp from there? whenever I rob someone I just instantly go to camp, but I can't remember if the druid grove locks you in until you physically leave
 Caeruleum
04:01:33 Cae, Blue
Since when can 40 maternal give just 1 pup??
-WP Click-
 Voxtexy
04:01:19 Vox
Karou,
I got stuck in Nettie's room lmaoo

Supposedly she is supposed to have something you can loot from her that can open it, buuut it was 100% not there. Soo I had to load my most recent save xD
 Karou
04:00:13 
vox,
BG3!! what room did you trap yourself in? even in my HORRIBLE first playthrough I didn't get stuck XD (i just lost all the companions and accidentally killed the tieflings because I went to mountain pass)
 Voxtexy
03:59:20 Vox
Playing BG3 annd I just locked myself in a room, effectively trapping myself.

I swear if the most recent save sets me back more than 10 minutes imma cry lmaoo
 teddy
03:57:01 its yellow
ahh i jsut found it
 Karou
03:56:00 
teddy,
select a date that's available and then click on one of the hours available
you can make accounts there?? lol
 Eternity
03:55:13 ET
A lot of it is on the wayback machine but it's kinda,, hard to access haha.
 teddy
03:54:37 its yellow
wait how do you get into the old site? I can only see statistics
 -Sweet-Poison-
03:53:09 Bau
-WP Click-

.... WP has done me a great service... Wow I don't even know what to do

Refresh

You must be a registered member for more
than 1 day before you can use our chatbox.
Quests
Alliance Battles
Challenges

Hourly Damage Variances
Grizzly Bear : +3
Crocodile : +1
Polar Bear : +1
    Summer   Night  Weather:  Brimstone  Moon: 

Forums

→ Wolf Play is a fun game! Sign Up Now!

My Subscriptions
My Bookmarks
My Topics
Latest Topics
Following
Forums > Artwork > Art Help

Canine Drawing TipsApril 3, 2018 11:06 PM

Former Pack

Neutral

Give Award
Hey guys! I'm not an amazing canine artist, but I don't suck either.

I think I have some skills I could offer. I am much more experienced in traditional art, so that's what I'll primarily be showing. I'll post things here as I think of them and have time to do them.

Note that I am self-taught, so these are just things that have helped me. They aren't proven strategies or anything.

Feel free to post here too of you have a question or have a helpful tip.

Edited at April 3, 2018 11:41 PM by Deer
Canine Drawing TipsApril 3, 2018 11:09 PM

Former Pack

Neutral

Give Award
Use References
I can't stress this enough. If you want to learn to draw something accurately, you have to start with references. Once you have a basic understanding, you can start to morph your style and stop using them.

https://s17.postimg.org/hebn5xvbx/56902_C1_A-7778-4162-87_D9-_A3_CEF071_AC8_D.jpg?dl=1
Credit: https://www.deviantart.com/art/Dog-Stock-Dancing-363196891

SUPER HELPFUL to draw shapes. Notice that I use the same shapes for everything. You don't have to use my shapes, but be consistent with your shapes. These help immensely when building a dog up from scratch.

Edited at April 3, 2018 11:23 PM by Deer
Canine Drawing TipsApril 3, 2018 11:27 PM

Former Pack

Neutral

Give Award
Where Do Things Bend?
This relates to using references. Figure out where things bend and how they move. Just looking at references helps with learning this too.
https://s17.postimg.org/6g0dnqrb3/021_C7_EE6-_DA7_D-4476-_B965-_D049_D74_E0_DE6.jpg
Notice that the leg is never completely straight when standing. This is a common mistake that will make your dog look very unnatural.

Edited at April 3, 2018 11:39 PM by Deer
Canine Drawing TipsApril 4, 2018 02:03 AM

Former Pack

Neutral

Give Award
This really helped me and one thing I found helpful is to do a rough sketch of the reference and then change it then put in all the extra fur afterwards
Canine Drawing TipsApril 4, 2018 02:43 AM

Former Pack

Neutral

Give Award
Do you have any tips for back legs because my back legs look more like front legs
Canine Drawing TipsApril 4, 2018 08:41 AM

Former Pack

Neutral

Give Award
I'll do a little back leg guide next.
Canine Drawing TipsApril 4, 2018 08:48 AM

~Fearless

Neutral

Give Award
Ahh, thanks Deeor cx
Could you possibly do one on headshots and more specifically, ears?
Canine Drawing TipsApril 4, 2018 09:07 AM

Former Pack

Neutral

Give Award
Sure thing! Probably not until after school today though.
Canine Drawing TipsApril 4, 2018 09:10 AM

~Fearless

Neutral

Give Award
Yay ^^ Thank ya!
Canine Drawing TipsApril 8, 2018 01:43 PM

Former Pack

Neutral

Give Award
This is super helpful! Thanks!

Forums > Artwork > Art Help

Refresh