hey friends
 distant-screams
06:20:44 katy | beetle
-WP Click-
paws for my girl?
 Kháos
06:19:57 Kaos || Khaos
Lovebug is such a sweet wolf. 🥰

Lovebug ❦ is in love with Bison 2 and kills them.
 Ace
06:19:27 ace <3
I just need one pvp win for a quest, can someone please do it?
 OCCULTIST
06:18:02 Man Lover
banned from the pub
 starmutt
06:17:33 marsh | they/it
the thread that got locked for talking about alcohol on DT is so funny i come back to occasionally
 distant-screams
06:15:39 katy | beetle
Sal,
haha yeah, i think i'll end up working on this custom adopt order though, and maybe some more premades :>
work was.. alright. had to put a cat in the panini press today to administer shots.
 Salom_
06:12:26 Sal, Salmon
Beetle
Ooo both good choices! I hope work was good :)
And I'm decent, thanks
 distant-screams
06:08:14 katy | beetle
thanks ^^ she definitely has one of my favorite designs, i bought her way back in march. finally now drawing some art for her xD
 Narran Park
06:07:25 Sting
Almost too nice for the bone pile

Refresh

You must be a registered member for more
than 1 day before you can use our chatbox.
Quests
Alliance Battles
Challenges

Hourly Damage Variances
Ocelot : +5
Cheetah : -2
Mamba : -3
    Summer   Day  Weather:  Heavy Rain

Forums

→ Wolf Play is a fun game! Sign Up Now!

My Subscriptions
My Bookmarks
My Topics
Latest Topics
Following
Forums > Artwork > Art Help

Unfrurring my artMay 16, 2024 10:31 PM

Pigeon

Neutral

Give Award
Hey so I've been exclusively drawing furries for a long time and I really need to extend my skills and practice drawing other things. Here's some art I did but I need some advice, mainly on anatomy. I also could use help on how to shade/highlight. I REALLY need help on how to draw noses, since it's a super hard for me for any animal or person, it'd be especially helpful on advice for drawing different types of noses too. I dont want to have same face syndrome!
All art credits go to me of course.
First art I actually wanted to post here:
https://postimg.cc/bSDbDpZV
Unfrurring my artMay 17, 2024 04:21 PM

Zeraphia

Lightbringer

Give Award

Oooh noses are a lot of fun! That one is mostly up to style, what you want to draw style-wise. (Even mine have changed throughout the year as I wanted to try different things)

Same face syndrome usually follows the jaw / face shape rather than nose types! The changes can be subtler like the difference between these two; Yvettia and Xavier where you can see Yvettia has a much more round face shape/jaw line and Xavier also has a rounder face but a sharper more oval jaw line. Where as Kallum is very square, very sharp but his face is shorter overall compared to Peter who has a longer face/jaw line and is much more triangular.

Nose-wise, I had to use a bit of a different idea to get the practice to figure out nose shapes/placement.
We have some art from Before: X (awful, nose is all over the place, etc.)
The Practice nose was a triangle-like shape to get the idea: X X until I felt comfortable enough to just place the nose like I do now.

Something else to help same-face syndrome is scars, ears, and hair! Hair definitely helps define a face, forehead, etc.

But the biggest thing is definitely anatomy. The biggest help that allowed me to go from the one piece from 2019 to Kallum and Peter now was sketching guides, learning measurements and referencing IRL images (or siblings), different ways that other artists have learned how to sketch and measure, gathering a whole bunch of resources. But once you get that, you can totally style it how you want it to look!

Hands take a lot of practice and work to get them down right and even then (I still don't feel like I have it down lol) but it'll just take a lot of practice. A lot a lot of practice! You've got this though!

(C)85543 for all the art. Even the old stuff XD

Unfrurring my artMay 17, 2024 05:10 PM

Pigeon

Neutral

Give Award

Zeraphia

Thanks, that's actually really helpful! Next time I draw a person I will definitely keep these in mind!

Forums > Artwork > Art Help

Refresh

Copyright ©2013-2024 Go Go Gatsby Designs, LLC    All Rights Reserved
Terms Of Use  |   Privacy Policy   |   DMCA   |   Contact Us