Wolf Play : ⊱ Welcome to Donatus ⊰
Chatbox
 distant-lands
02:25:20 katy | beetle
-WP Click-

any name ideas? :) i usually go with victorian sounding names
 Embershed
02:22:55 The Minor Nuisance
The chat has been dumbfounded by my lack of accurate grammar in one sentence.
 Embershed
02:17:11 The Minor Nuisance
That pie was great.

Time to practice me England.
 Night Shade
02:17:07 Graves | Chaos
Amy,

That'd be great. Maybe I'll see you later
 Amygdala
02:15:55 Amy
Graves
Aww that's so sweet of her...she is like an angel looking after you <3

Hope i can catch you later again and talk sone more
 Night Shade
02:15:12 Graves | Chaos
Amy,

Have fun!
 Amygdala
02:14:50 Amy
I am terriblly sorry but i need to go...my aunt left for the weekend so i am going to feed her animals before work
 Night Shade
02:14:27 Graves | Chaos
Amy,

Her and her sister are about 4lbs each. She's the one who's sociable and talkative. She's very much there, purring and making biscuits, and licking your face. (I woke up crying from the pain in my arm the other night and this beautiful void came to me and made biscuits while she was purring and licked the tears off my face)
 Amygdala
02:14:08 Amy
Graves
I totally agree if you are partners living together you need to help each other out...i really hope you can talk to him and get things better
 Amygdala
02:12:38 Amy
Graves

Aww she is gorgeous...she looks so small and tiny <3
 Night Shade
02:12:01 Graves | Chaos
Amy,

I hope so. He's helped out here and there, but it really doesn't equal what I do and now that I'm working I expect him to do more.
 Night Shade
02:11:06 Graves | Chaos
Amy,

This is my kitten, Pixie.

-Click-
-Click-
 Amygdala
02:09:03 Amy
Graves
Yeah it's better to be calm if you are upset and start to argue it doesn't end well

I hope you can talk to him and fix this so he starts helping out more
 Night Shade
02:08:32 Graves | Chaos
Amy,

If she sits still, otherwise I can offer up a couple pictures from the other day when she ran errands with me.
 RuinsPack
02:07:41 Ruins
Amy

K thanks :)
 Amygdala
02:07:27 Amy
Graves

Awwww could i see the kitty
 Night Shade
02:07:14 Graves | Chaos
I've talked to him about it a couple times, though they were slightly different situations. This time I'm also working as well as trying to get the house chores done. I need to talk to him about it again and express my displeasure, but I can't do that the way I'm feeling right now.
 Amygdala
02:07:11 Amy
Tuins
If you are premium you can plant seeds, for basic accounts they are pretty much uselles
 RuinsPack
02:06:28 Ruins
Anyone know what we do with Cilantro seeds?? Because I don't :(
 Night Shade
02:05:54 Graves | Chaos
My kitten is lick attacking me it's so funny

Refresh

You must be a registered member for more
than 1 day before you can use our chatbox.
Quests
Alliance Battles
Challenges
Hourly Damage Variances
Leopard : +4
Brown Bear : -4
Vicuna Wolf : -5
    Winter Month: 2   Day  Weather:  Light Snow
 Explore In: Now

Forums

→ Wolf Play is a fun game! Sign Up Now!

My Subscriptions
My Bookmarks
My Topics
Latest Topics
Following
Forums > Roleplay > Fantasy
  1  2

⊱ Welcome to Donatus ⊰May 31, 2024 12:28 PM

Wilverbeast

Lightbringer

Give Award

⭑*•⊱PLOT⊰•*⭑

⭑*•⊱---------------✩---------------⊰•*⭑

Donatus Academy of Incantation, also known commonly as Donai, is a school with quite the reputation. Originally built as a way to separate potentially dangerous magical folk from the others, it has evolved over time. Over the course of it's history, Donatus has gained quite a bit of prestige, some powerful legacy families, and a way of making problems disapear. That was, until now. In an era of unrest, the midst of one civil rights crisis, tensions rising between magical and nonmagical users, and the looming threat of their entire world changing, staff and student body alike are restless about what the future holds.

⊱ Welcome to Donatus ⊰May 31, 2024 12:30 PM

Wilverbeast

Lightbringer

Give Award

⭑*•⊱Rp Rules⊰•*⭑

1. Follow all of Eve's rules here as well as forum rules here. Those cover the very basics about forum RPs in general. 👍

2. Pm with questions, or ask in the discussion! Communication is key to a good rp experience.

3. As this is a school-based rp, with minors, please be mindful that romance is not the priority.
School crushes are fine and dandy though.

4. I do expect somewhat regular activity. Life happens though, so if anything comes up feel free to pm and we'll work from there.

5. No single sentence posts. This is semiliterate, so people need something to work with.

6. We are lgbtq+ friendly here, even if this specific plot and setting may make it difficult.

7. Have fun!!

⊱ Welcome to Donatus ⊰May 31, 2024 12:37 PM

Wilverbeast

Lightbringer

Give Award

⭑*•⊱ Roles ⊰•*⭑

The majority of Staff are NPCs unless otherwise stated
They don't do much, but if you really want to be one, please pm me!

Staff

Headmistress:
Avaline D. Stryker

Director of Admissions:
Barnabas Wright

Sewing Instructor & Dress Code Regulation:
Elias Whitclaw | F | Puppeteer | Techno

Student Body

Lower Academy Students

The First years:

Upper Academy Students

Second years:
- Frankie Demonicaux | M | Escapism | Will

Third years:

- Elena Alva | F | Fae Foreseer | Salem

- Alyx Dawson | M | Mindreader | Raven

- Larathiir Ayeznis | M | Cambion | Reth

Fourth years:

- Lucius Zeller | M | Half-Fae | Vah

- Darcy Alva | F | Foreseer | Tea

Fifth years:

College Preparatory:

Sixth years:

- Syphiel | F | Fae Medium | Bee

- Eldraeth | F | Prophetic Fae | Tene

Seventh years:

- Knox Stryker | M | Aura Reading | Nevermore

- Deirdre Brígh | F | Healing | Honeybrook

- Lilith Demonicaux | F | Withering | Will

Edited at May 31, 2024 12:38 PM by Wilverbeast
⊱ Welcome to Donatus ⊰May 31, 2024 12:41 PM

Wilverbeast

Lightbringer

Give Award

⭑*•⊱Current Setting⊰•*⭑

It's mid September, a few weeks after the end of summer vacation, the 1967-1968 Donatus Academy school year starting up. The first years have just finished up their orientation week and settled into the new housing, and returning and transfer students alike have started moving in.

The Headmistress, Director of Admissions, and Head of Housing have been overseeing the process, guiding students to their dorms and answering questions about their schedules, classes, and housing alike.

The weather is slightly cloudy with the sun peeking through, and a chill in the air from the arrival of autumn.

You may use any format for heading, but please make sure to at least include name, grade or role, and mentions.
Gender, powers, etc. are optional.

Example:

Frankie Demonicaux | M | 2nd year | M: Open

Avaline Stryker | F | Aura Reading | Headmistress
Mentions: Open

Edited at May 31, 2024 12:50 PM by Wilverbeast
⊱ Welcome to Donatus ⊰May 31, 2024 01:03 PM

Wilverbeast

Lightbringer

Give Award

Avaline Stryker | F | Aura Reading | Headmistress
Mentions: Open

Another year at Donatus, another year of trying to keep a whole molotov cocktail combination of trust fund kids and those with no other options from blowing each other up, and the school in the process. She took a deep breath, smiling at the students as they entered the hall, repeating the instructions over and over.

"Welcome to Donatus! We are so happy to see you. Please continue to your left to check in with Mr. Wright at admissions. After you check your information is correct and collect your schedule, Mrs. Addlesong from Housing will give you your roomate information and dorm keys. We are excited for another wonderful year here!"

She could already feel the migraine starting, the tell tale faint throbbing behind her eyes. At leas the first years moved in last week. As most of the students shwoing up now were returning, with a few exceptions, it made the whole process so much easier. Ocassionally the upper years even stuck around to help the younger ones, especially as the second years had to get acclimated to the upper academy housing.

Her midn didn't dwell on the topic too long - She was right back to forced smiles and cherry introductions as the next batch of students arrived.

"Classes won't be starting until Monday, so you can spend the weekend getting to know your peers and having freetime on campus,"

Personally she thought a Friday move in was beyond stupid, ever since her days at the academy, but something something not wanting students to be on campus a whole week before classes because "They tend to get bored and boredom is a liability". Ultimately a decision outside of her paygrade, though she was adament that her students could survive a week without causing a national disaster. Usually it took at least a month or two before that happened! At least her graduating class made it to second quarter before someone caught a dorm on fire.

Oh gods she hoped she should be thinking about something other than the worst case scenario. Yet, the entire time as she was welcoming students she kept a careful eye on them, quickly discerning the manner of their magic and estimating how much damage control each student may need. You have to be prepared for anything, especially in times like this. She could tell some of the older student body, the ones that could understand what was happening, were growing restless with the current tension surrounding magical users and nonhumans.

There is no such thing as too careful.

Edited at May 31, 2024 01:06 PM by Wilverbeast
⊱ Welcome to Donatus ⊰May 31, 2024 04:30 PM

Zeraphia

Lightbringer

Give Award

Lucius Zeller // M // Winged // Fourth Year // 17 // M: Avaline (ind.) || Open

Returning to the school was not a chore for Lucius--surprisingly. A lot of other students had reservations about attending, reluctance or even a solid distaste for having to be separate from the rest of the world. Lucius, however, didn't seem to mind at all. His bright smile warmed his blue eyes, taking in the different students. Some had various appearance differences, looking vaguely human but mostly other-worldly--which he found absolutely fascinating. A part of him wondered what that was like, to see others and then to know what you--wait, no. He already knew how that was.

After all, the creamy white colored feathers that adorned his wings were tell-tale enough. It was the only sign that he was not human. Lucius only had his Fae mother and harpy father to thank for those wings and yet, somehow, he missed any and all abilities from his Fae heritage. Not a single ounce of fancy magic trickled on down his way.

Nope, just the wings. Which... most--if not all--full fae didn't even have to begin with.

That being said, a lot of other students held other extremities. Tails, vibrant colored wings in the shape of butterflies, dragonflies and even bat-like in shape, horns and antlers and the likes.

Some, however, seemed relatively normal. As normal as one could be.

Still, Lucius shouldered his duffel bag and set on up the walkway toward the crowd of students. While he wasn't entirely sure which dorm in particular he was staying in, he was eager to see who all was returning, who was new and--his favorite--new friends. Friends made everything better. It was what made the school likable for the winged young man. It wasn't a begrudging experience he just *had* to attend, it was something he looked forward to.

Plus new clubs popped up every year, though he didn't join a lot of them. Still, he enjoyed seeing others have fun.

The tension was all but palpable in the air to those who knew and noticed. Lucius... it wasn't entirely clear if he just didn't know or didn't care ... or if he was completely and utterly clueless. The latter was far more likely upon a first impression.

His hand extended from the duffel bag, waving eagerly toward the Headmistress. Lucius remembered the first day he had attended and the slight--albeit relieved--confusion from the woman when he had showed up. Just wings. Nothing else, no fancy powers, nothing dangerous... just wings.

It was... also why he had his own dorm room to himself, finding a willing roommate to deal with large wings, feathers--the feathers that got everywhere--and his usual routine for caring for the wings... it was a lot to ask of someone. So he just ... didn't.

Finally, Lucius paused and took another glance at the crowd of students, waiting to see if he recognized anyone else from the returning body of students or if he could help anyone in any way.

⊱ Welcome to Donatus ⊰May 31, 2024 10:54 PM

Honey

Darkseeker

Give Award
Deirdre Brigh | F | Healing | 7th Year | Mentions: open

Deirdre strode down the stone path towards the dorms, breezing brusquely past the clumps of disoriented first-years lingering along the walkways as they squinted and jabbed their fingers at the maps of campus they clutched. She had already collected her set of keys and housing information and wanted to at least partially unpack before any of the festivities began. Donatus was a long way from her home in Ireland, and she frankly did not want to lug around her belongings until lights out that evening.

The college preparatory dorms were breathtaking; constructed in the 19th century American architectural style, they were significantly taller and more expansive than the Lower Academy dorms. When she opened the door, it took a moment for Deirdre's eyes to adjust to the dim lighting inside. Despite it being mid-September with a noticeable chill in the air, the rays of sun that poked through the cloud cover were bright and warm.

According to the sheet containing her housing information, Deirdre's room was on the first floor this year. She dragged her bags inside and shut the door behind her, wiping sweat from her brow.

The rooms in the college prepatratory dorms were spacious and luxurious compared to the living quarters at the Lower Academy. Full beds rested against two of the walls, and there was a decently sized area just inside the door that could easily fit a sofa and a coffee table. The only window took up almost half of a third wall and overlooked almost all of the rest of campus. Sunlight slanted in through the clear glass, filling the room with a warm, inviting glow.

Deirdre deposited her belongings on her side of the room and glanced over at the other bed. She wasn't sure who her roommate would be this year, or if she would even have one; sometimes the college prepatory students got lucky and received their own room due to lower enrollment numbers. She had enjoyed having a roommate for her previous six years at Donatus, though, especially if they didn't belong to any of the legacy families with a presence established on campus. So many legacies had awful superiority complexes regarding their acceptance to Donatus, even though some of them had gotten in based on their last name alone rather than any exceptional magical talent.

Perhaps it was Deirdre's own experience with the Donatus application process that made her so critical of the other legacy families. Her healing ability had revealed itself when she was eleven, playing near a bog back home with one of her cousins. The cousin had slipped in a hidden patch of mud and twisted her ankle; Deirdre had managed to heal the sprain with a single brush of her fingers. She had expected the rest of her family to rejoice - after all, eleven was considered somewhat late for the manifestation of abilities to begin, particularly for a Brigh - but they had only stared at her with a kind of disappointment that drilled a hole into her gut, though she didn't understand it until several years later.

When she had asked about Donatus, the academy that so many of her predecessors had attended, her parents had flat-out refused to allow her to apply. They claimed that her magic was the kind that did not require expert honing and mastery; unlike fire wielding, it lacked the potential to be destructive and dangerous. She had heard them murmuring in the kitchen that night, though; they believed that sending a Brigh without fire wielding abilities to Donatus would have been a waste and an embarrassment.

She filled out the application form the next day. It was mailed off quietly, without her parents' permission, and they remained clueless until her acceptance letter arrived several months later. Even though she was a family embarrassment with her lack of fire abilities, refusing to send a Brigh who had been accepted into Donatus would have been even more of a disgrace.

And here she was, seven years later. Her parents' disappointment had never really faded away, though they stopped vocalizing their thoughts to her after her first few years at the academy. Deirdre had done some research into her family history and discovered that there had not been a Brigh healer for over a hundred years before her birth; she thought that this might spark her parents' interest in her power, but she was wrong. "Deirdre, love, that's the point", her mother had sighed, looking pained.

Her parents' opinions didn't matter now, though. She was thousands of miles away from them, at a prestigious academy that she had excelled at for close to a decade. Deirdre began to sift through her bags, tossing piles of clothes rather haphazadly into drawers. There would always be time to organize later. When she had managed to shove nearly everything into some drawer or another, she jogged back out into the air, eager to greet some of her fellow returning students.

⊱ Welcome to Donatus ⊰June 1, 2024 09:59 AM

Nochnoy

Darkseeker

Give Award
Larathiir Y. Ayeznis | M | Cambion | 3rd Year | M: O
He ran his fingers through his slick black hair, narrowing his eyes at the students passing by him and shoving others in his way to the side, making his way through the corridors. He'd distinctly avoided any and all staff members, not for fear but instead for a worry that he would take his frustration out on one of them. Even he, a world class jerk, was intelligent enough to know that punching a staff member would get him in a hell's world of more trouble than punching a student. Not that he was going to, either way, but it was still reasonable to think about - at least, for someone like him.
Arath bumped his shoulder into a first year as he glided along, his bag slung over his other. The student whirled around, hissing dangerously. Which, he obviously ignored.
Upon reaching the stairs, he strapped his bag around his other shoulder tightly, hanging it low over his waist. He then approached a window, peering out of it for a moment before unlocking it and pressing his foot on the rim, pushing himself outside. With that, he unfurled his wings, beating upward and then banking sharply left into the next window as he reached the third floor, landing gracefully on the floor and again, ignoring the gawking students that watched him with jaws agape as he went by. He didn't bother to close the window behind him, making his way down the hall and raising his wrist slightly to read the text scrawled onto it in pen.
F3-R3
With a sweep of his wing, he turned to the door of room three, pulling the key out of his pocket and stepping inside, tossing his bag on the bed and turning around.
A boy, around a foot shorter than him, was standing on the opposite end of the hallway, staring at him.
"Twerp," Arath muttered, closing the door behind him and walking over to the bed, flopping down onto it with a groan. He folded his wings back into his back, vanishing as quickly as they came, lying still in the brightly lit room.
He flipped onto his back, examining the space. Not much different from his room last year - a scheme mostly grayscale, with slight light neutrals mixed in here and there, the flooring a hard, light brown wood, and the walls a light gray. There were lights inlaid into the ceiling, although they weren't on - the light was coming from the wide window that spread across the entire wall opposite to the door, allowing a vast view of the campus and the sky beyond. He turned to sit on the edge of the bed, accidentally knocking down the bag and watching the sky for a moment.
Larathiir sighed. He knew he'd probably never have that life that he wanted.
He stood up, making his way back toward the door and not bothering to unpack, looking for someone to bother.
⊱ Welcome to Donatus ⊰June 5, 2024 01:54 AM

Nevermore.

Neutral

Give Award

Knox Stryker | M | Aura Reading | 7th year | M: Lucius, Avaline

The school of Donatus loomed over Knox as he took it all in. Yet another year here in this hell hole. He liked Donatus, really he did and yet coming here year after year felt like a burden on his chest. Anxiety struck him as unfamiliar, uncertain and possibly uncomfortable faces floated past him through the doors. All of the first year students were so small, and all looked so naive. He was so close to being done, then he'd be gone with the wind from this place; far away from his family, this school and his legacy. He took a step forwards, rocking forward onto the ball of foot. It amazed Knox just how many of the first year students lacked a strong aura. He knew this was from underdeveloped skills in controlling their magical powers and that it would grow with time, but it never failed to make the young man question his abilities and if they were fading.

Knox took a step into the school, washed away in the sea of young faces, excitement hanging in the air as they gazed up at the tall ceilings, pointing at everything they could. He chuckled at the sight before pausing to remind himself that not everyone has been coming here just as a “field day” off the Stryker Estates for as long as he could remember. This school had been in his memories for as long as he could remember, and Knox wouldn't know what to do without it. A familiar face among the uncertainty made his green eyes light up and put a bright smile onto his face. He swam his way towards Avaline Stryker aka “Auntie Av”. She was truly the best part of this school; Her kind eyes and gentle nature always set her apart from his mother's uptight and snooty attitude. “Hello Avaline! Is everything holding up well? Can I be of any assistance?” He stuck around to help his dear Aunt for a bit.

When Knox got a release que, he was off. There was plenty to do at the dorms. He was unsure if he had a roommate this year or not. The one he had the previous year he had quite liked. A familiar face struck Knox as he waved at Lucius. “Hello Lucius!” He called out above many heads, making eye contact with him, “Nice to see you again!” The young man had made a point to remember faces and names. Sometimes he drew a blank, but Lucius was one to remember with his lack of ability and the feathered wings.

The dorms he would be housed in this year were lovely, and for however long he could remember, they always had taken his breath away. The architecture on it was some of his favorite work. He sighed, forgetting for a moment that he needed to breathe to live. Knox relaxed his shoulders, allowing the tension in them to run off his back like a stream. - The halls were quiet and empty, just how he liked it. His shoes made no noise as they stopped outside of his door. The sound of the key unlocking the door rattled down the hall. It was followed by the door opening and shutting. It would appear, tragically, that Knox had the place to himself. He had packed lightly this year, his family home being not too far if he ever needed anything. First thing Knox did however was pull out his chess board. It was folded in half, handmade by his grandfather. The pieces were kept safely inside of it. The varnish on it faded from years of use. He decided that he would unpack his clothes later after a quick one-person two-teamed game of chess.

⊱ Welcome to Donatus ⊰June 7, 2024 03:14 PM

Zeraphia

Lightbringer

Give Award

Lucius Zeller // M // Winged // Fourth Year // 17 // M: Larathiir (ind.), Knox (dir.) / Open

Lucius's blue gaze swiveled around the sweeping amassing of students as they filtered toward the dorms to settle stuff down. There were plenty of students, plenty of different sort of creatures. Their eyes drew upward and so did Lucius, spotting another winged student. Well, "winged" was a better word for it.

He couldn't hide a burst of distaste for the other student, a touch irritated by the flashy show. Oh he knew that face and it was one he did his best to avoid. Their personalities were just too different for them to really get along. After all, Larathiir was an absolute prick and Lucius was... far from it. His own wings fluttered, feathers ruffling before falling flatly against his back once again. There was no need to get all worked up over someone who he didn't need to pay attention to.

As he lowered his eyes, he spotted another familiar face, Knox! The other young man, older than him, was a kind face. It was one of the first nice faces he had seen and Knox always seemed to have a pleasant smile on his face.

"Knox!" He called back, hand lifting up over the crowd to wave at him as he peered over and partially through the crowd. "Good to see you too!" He chirped, a vibrant grin pulling his lips into a wide smile, the type of smile that lit up his entire face. That was the look that really described Lucius and his personality.

A dazzling smile, winning looks and yet the slightly clueless touch behind his eyes. He had all but mastered the one-track mindset. That was all he needed, one thing at a time. Usually. But Lucius just didn't want to bother too much with trying to think of too much at once.

Finally, he looked around again, trying to see if he recognized anyone else. Anyone at all. He took a few steps back, allowing more students to pass through the halls and by him. He had a tendency to take up a bit of space due to the large wings. Which, unlike others, he couldn't hide. His wings weren't an ability, they weren't something magical at all. It was just a part of who he was and how he looked. Harpies, after all, had wings. So did he. Though he usually introduced himself as Half-Fae, since that drew less odd looks than Half-Harpy. He hadn't quite figured it out yet but Harpies didn't seem to have a great track-record among other non-humans.

Strange.

Forums > Roleplay > Fantasy
  1  2

Refresh

Copyright ©2013-2024 Go Go Gatsby Designs, LLC    All Rights Reserved
Terms Of Use  |   Privacy Policy   |   DMCA   |   Contact Us