Nevermore.
02:19:50 Never/Nev
Fiery

All good xD I have plenty of work to get done
39 left
 Inferno Abyss
02:19:17 Raven, Flame
Bounce
I think I'm going to take a nap after this. How many more might I ask?
 Sateda
02:18:30 
Postimages being dumb for anyone else?
 Kháos
02:14:18 Kaos || Khaos
bored right* autocorrect is rude
 Kháos
02:14:00 Kaos || Khaos
Anyone available to talk for a bit please? I'm just bored rig it now.
 Inferno Abyss
02:12:15 Raven, Flame
Bounce
I'll be waiting >:P
 Nevermore.
02:11:31 Never/Nev
Fiery

I might just hit you up on the for next WoW ;)
 Inferno Abyss
02:11:01 Raven, Flame
Bounce
If you need a new main PvP'er, you let me know.

I'll take care of ya <3
 Nevermore.
02:09:30 Never/Nev
Fiery

He has never been too good at PvP. Always a hit and miss with him. I miss some of my good PvP wolves :")
 Inferno Abyss
02:08:46 Raven, Flame
Bounce
Nice :D

Also. . .I wasn't expecting my high talent to take on Krypt and win x.x
We are going back to SV's lol
 Reprobate
02:08:31 🪱
okay turns out Ghost Dog is also a movie
 distant-screams
02:08:25 katy | beetle
-WP Click-
paws? i still don't know if i'll keep her but i've been subconsciously hoarding all my pelt defects lately.
 Reprobate
02:07:49 🪱
oh beat me to it
 Reprobate
02:07:40 🪱
are they also 11 seconds long?
 Nevermore.
02:07:38 Never/Nev
Fiery

Oh nice! Chernobyl just hit DG today as well xD I didn't even realize he had.
 Voxtexy
02:07:36 Vox, Corey
I believe Ghost is 13 seconds and Punk is 14 seconds long
 Reprobate
02:07:28 🪱
such variety of dogs
 technoblade
02:07:18 Lil Techy | Techno
Vox

god now boat dog is stuck in my head XD
 Voxtexy
02:07:03 Vox, Corey
He also made a couple of other songs lmao

Ghost Dog and Punk Dog

Refresh

You must be a registered member for more
than 1 day before you can use our chatbox.
Quests
Alliance Battles
Challenges

Hourly Damage Variances
Crocodile : -2
Black Bear : +3
Wolverine : +1
    Fall   Day  Weather:  Hurricane

Forums

→ Wolf Play is a fun game! Sign Up Now!

My Subscriptions
My Bookmarks
My Topics
Latest Topics
Following
Forums > Artwork > Art Help
   1    2 

Paxxs art helpJuly 20, 2023 01:04 PM

PaxxRen

Neutral

Give Award
<3 this is still open for helping
Paxxs art helpJuly 20, 2023 03:28 PM

0Written The Wolf

Neutral

Give Award
What are some lines/focal points of wolf/canine head that are useful to draw when trying to make wolf emote?
Here is some of my stuff to maybe help you get better grasp on my question X) in case it is worded weirdly.
To start off I am really happy with how these two art pieces turned out-I know there are anatomy issues and line thinckness I did not learn yet uhh, but I think I got atmosphere nicely in both and that overall if you do not look to closely it is mighty fine artwork XD feel free to zoom in and inspect and critique thou ^^
So one of those things I refer to as focal points and lines on a face would be on my art: eyebrows(I did not use to add those as often before X3), ears(I added them always, but I now try to use them more in expressiong wolf's mood-I think I need to improve anatomy and perspective to really make them shine in that purpose, but dunno, please advise, ears look complicated), bridge of nose from both left and right profile (kinda unsure of this one, like placement and intensity wise, is it better if I use shading instead of line), curved line under the nose bridge to accentuate the umm part of head where whiskers I do not draw come from, bit of fur at temple/eye corner (to umm draw focus on eyelids edge and shape though eye holes do not move at all...dunno I guess it is cute), also I do not reall know how to add eyelids so I can't really do halfclosed eye or something like that. I layer cheek fur in 2 layers-one to give shape to the head, other to rest on a cheek cause-it is cute?)
Paxxs art helpJuly 20, 2023 03:42 PM

PaxxRen

Neutral

Give Award
I'm assuming you need anatomy assistance :o give me a few minutes and I'll redline and write some more tips :3
Paxxs art helpJuly 20, 2023 03:59 PM

PaxxRen

Neutral

Give Award
Here is a redline for ya ^^
and now for le tips and tricks I personally use to help me draw
for heads I usually use a real life reference of a wolf to help me out as sometimes it's a wee difficult:0 for muzzles (unless it's breed specific) avoid big chunky long muzzles or skinny weird short ones :D try to aim for a medium slim and proportionate muzzle size! And for the forehead avoid circles or straight of lines use a photo reference to see how the foreheads are slanted :3
oooh for the eyes! Avoid human eye shapes or anime styled eyes also make sure to not make them super big or small as it's unproportionate! Use photo refs to really help you out on it. For noses oh noses are so fun to draw, I draw them slightly different to match my style so I'd suggest finding references or studies to look at :D for fur NEVER do one direction spiky fur it's not normal or good looking 😭 make it FLOOOFY we love floof! Experiment around until you find a good style.
thick lines? I use thick lined brushes for my art and it turns out really well ^^ but don't use just any thick brush make sure it has texture to it otherwise it'll look bad x3
Paxxs art helpJuly 20, 2023 04:00 PM

PaxxRen

Neutral

Give Award
My best tip for you though is use references and studies to make your art look good! Unnatural or in proportionate bodies is ugly and not that fun to draw :0
also remember it'll take time to get there but once you're there, you'll be thankful for those references xD
Paxxs art helpJuly 20, 2023 07:31 PM

Dawn of the Sky

Neutral

Give Award
How do you do lineart of wolf fur and make it look as realistic as possible for semi-realism?
Paxxs art helpJuly 20, 2023 07:32 PM

PaxxRen

Neutral

Give Award

Dawn of the Sky said:
How do you do lineart of wolf fur and make it look as realistic as possible for semi-realism?

give me one sec and ill draw how i do it ^^
Paxxs art helpJuly 20, 2023 07:42 PM

PaxxRen

Neutral

Give Award
Alrighty here is how I make fur ^^

Here's some tips with fur :D
- never make it look like triangles!
- go with the flow of the body
- practice on blank canvases
- use references!
-
how do i do it?
I started out horrible with fur but then I learned the swish and swoop movements where I made the fur look fluffy and lively and crazy :0
Paxxs art helpJuly 20, 2023 07:50 PM

Faulty Demons

Lightbringer

Give Award

So... I've been struggling quite a bit with the front view of a wolf or canine.

I have side view and 3 quarters view mostly down (Look at my avatar for an example). It's a little blocky, but thats just my style and I'm perfectly fine with that. But every time I try to draw front view, it ends up looking terrible.

Here is the best example I have. It's not the best for an example and is a little dark, and doesn't show much with the skeleton part, but it's all I got.

But yeah...

I was just wondering about the lines and shapes you would use to start the sketch, and the best lines to keep with the final lineart, without it being overly complicated. Sorry if that doesn't make sense ^^"

Edited at July 20, 2023 07:51 PM by Golden Meadows
Paxxs art helpJuly 20, 2023 07:54 PM

PaxxRen

Neutral

Give Award
I understand :D
give me a bit to sketch out some things for you!
expect a PM for when the question is answered and feel free to save the redline + tutorials <3

Forums > Artwork > Art Help
   1    2 

Refresh

Copyright ©2013-2024 Go Go Gatsby Designs, LLC    All Rights Reserved
Terms Of Use  |   Privacy Policy   |   DMCA   |   Contact Us