Wolf Play : Lichen x Zera
Chatbox
 Urux
04:30:51 Urox
Ecifircas
I love Halloween, but it's not a very big thing here. Though i am going to a friend's party at the end of the month
 The Pumpkin King
04:26:13 
Urux, it's my Halloween username every year because I'm not creative enough for username-based puns.

'Sacrifice' was runner up, though. 🎃
 Arachne
04:24:58 Ara/Kat
something going on with event quests?
 Urux
04:24:42 Urox
Ecirfircas
I was sitting here like who if Pumpkin King in my PMs lmao
 The Pumpkin King
04:21:32 
So happy about this event. :')
 MLadySkylar
04:01:32 P'Sky
Anyone else glitching>>
 distant-screams
03:45:52 katy | beetle
Fei,
ah i feel that, i've got the squirrel quest right now.

emmet,
lol alright xD good luck!
 Continental Wolves
03:45:02 Emmet , Spoopy Wolf
Katy
After I dump these 5.5k moves into forest ill try out the elephants
 distant-screams
03:43:38 katy | beetle
emmet,
oh my wolves do fine against all the normal enemies lol. it's just eve's and elephants that take out the whole squad xD
 Feiella
03:43:11 Fei the writer
distant
Not what I was expecting. I was looking for squirrels
 Continental Wolves
03:42:45 Emmet , Spoopy Wolf
Katy
Its nice going through more than half a level fighting things like brown bears / mountain lions / bobcats and barely even using 1 health potion
 distant-screams
03:39:15 katy | beetle
lucky, i haven't seen a bigfoot in ages.
 Feiella
03:38:32 Fei the writer
You spy 1 Big Foot.

fucking hell. I literally took one step
 distant-screams
03:36:38 katy | beetle
emmet,
my team has 3/6 ghostface babies, no HW's though. i think the only HW i have on my team right now is my mela/FB girl.

you should definitely see though! if they can take down eve, i'd say they have a pretty good chance against some elephants.
 Continental Wolves
03:35:17 Emmet , Spoopy Wolf
Katy
My team is made of 6 HW DH ghostface pups, half tempted to explore in jungle to see how they fair against 1-2 elephants
 Moonbane
03:34:07 
I hope you're all having a fantastic day.
 distant-screams
03:33:19 katy | beetle
oo nice, emmet. my explore team could never lmao
 Continental Wolves
03:32:55 Emmet , Spoopy Wolf
Also just made like 600 mush in one explore trip :D
 Continental Wolves
03:30:29 Emmet , Spoopy Wolf
Killed 2 eves in a row with no damage to my explore team
 Drunken seas
03:30:24 Pera
-WP Click- Help would be appreciated :D

Refresh

You must be a registered member for more
than 1 day before you can use our chatbox.
Quests
Alliance Battles
Challenges

Hourly Damage Variances
Rattlesnake : -4
Baboon : 0
Red Fox : -5
    Fall   Day  Weather:  Brimstone

Forums

→ Wolf Play is a fun game! Sign Up Now!

My Subscriptions
My Bookmarks
My Topics
Latest Topics
Following
Forums > Roleplay > 1x1
   1    2 

Lichen x ZeraSeptember 29, 2024 12:48 PM

Zeraphia

Lightbringer

Give Award

The look from the professor was not entirely surprising but it wasn't nearly as intimidating as the old man had hoped. Kalen had seen the face of death and laughed, this old man was nothing new. Next Tuesday? Well, if today was Thursday, that was close enough... not really. Considering they only had the class twice a week and it was Thursday. He obviously assumed that they'd get together after class.

But the way the professor seemed so irate and irritated was only slightly amusing to Kalen. What had he expected? The students to just grovel and accept his attempt to have some power over them just because he wanted his class to be the most important one out of all of their classes?

He taught history of all things--nobody but teachers were majoring in history. Kalen definitely wasn't one of them.

He leaned back in his chair again, more or less content with what the man had given to them. Kalen's eyes flicked up to the clock, noting the fact that it had been only a half hour. They still had another hour of the lecture to go.

Oh fun. This was going to be a long, boring and useless class.

While it might appear that he was taking notes, Kalen was idly doodling on the sides of his notebook. It wasn't much, just looked like a fancy frame that... framed his notes. What he did take. His non-dominant hand rested on the desk of his chair, propping his head up, fingers tangled in his dark hair. Sure, he was "on the radar" but it didn't seem like he particularly cared.

They were all adults there as far as he was concerned, therefore, the professor would either treat them with such dignity or he would be heavily ... inclined to do so. One way or another.

Lichen x ZeraSeptember 29, 2024 12:59 PM

LichenClan

Neutral

Give Award

As the class progressed, I found myself struggling to stay awake. My eyelids drooped heavily, as if weights had been tied to the lashes and were trying their damnest to pull them shut. Gritting my teeth to keep from making a sound, I raised my head from my hand and moved so that my fingers were pressed against my thigh. Glancing around slightly I started feeding small electrical currents into my leg, making the muscles twitch spastically.

It did as I wanted, waking me up with a surge of adrenaline that felt sour in my belly. Removing my hand I busied myself with watching the other students. My eyes landed once more on the man who had interrupted class. At first glance it looked like he was taking diligent notes, but I wasn't so far away from him that I couldn't see the doodles he was making in the margins, boardering the paper. I rolled my eyes skyward, sending another jolt into my leg with a wince.

I knew that I wasn't the only one who found the class exceedingly boring and pointless, but still, why couldn't he just pay attention. I felt a little better about crossing his name off my notebook. It would have been just my luck that I would end up working with the guy who couldn't even be bothered to care about his grade in the class.

An hour later and Professor Reich dismissed us with a flick of his wrist. I gathered my things up and rubbed at the sore spot on my leg where I had been shocking myself repeatedly to stay awake. Without a second glance at the room, I darted out the door, eager to get something to eat from the cafeteria before getting some sleep in my dorm.

Lichen x ZeraSeptember 29, 2024 01:36 PM

Zeraphia

Lightbringer

Give Award

Now granted, his notes were somewhat thorough. Ish. They had the important information listed and sources on how to find them and where to find them. That was part of the idea. Study about it on his own time when he could make it "fun" or at least less boring to learn.

His ears picked up the sound of a bouncing leg. But it was the bounce of ADHD, or boredom, it was... forced almost. Interesting. He was unbothered by the feeling of eyes on him. He couldn't care less about that feeling. He was used to having eyes on him. It was a natural occurrence after all.

As class neared an end, he gathered the notebook and shoved it into a backpack. One hand swung the backpack up and over his shoulder. Several students exited almost immediately after they could safely do so. The Miss Mazekin was one of them. He figured she would.

Kalen held back, however, to start chatting with other students as they walked out the doors. The cafeteria was nice and all but he wanted something better than mediocre school food. Besides, Papa Hemera would have his head. A Hemera didn't eat mediocre food. They ate the best or they made it themselves. Considering he didn't have a full kitchen in his dorm... he'd have to make do with what was around.

"I was panicking," one student gushed, "picking a partner in a day? Does he understand what kind of pressure that entails?"

Kalen shrugged loosely, seemingly unbothered. "I was more worried about pairings with people who would leave. I had that happen in highschool and it sucked. I figure if I could keep it from happening to someone else? Better."

"You're on his radar though," another young man commented dryly. "He looked pissed."

That drew a snort from Kalen as he shook his head lowly. "Y'know? I figured if he would inconvenience us with this, so I ought to inconvenience him in return."

The young man shook his head. "You're insane."
Kalen's eyes flickered with some sort of emotion or thought. "Maybe," he chuckled loosely. "Maybe I am. But, maybe I'm not. I grew up with the understanding that you should give others the opportunity that you would want. If they throw it in your face, you return that energy."

Lichen x ZeraSeptember 30, 2024 09:54 PM

LichenClan

Neutral

Give Award

I slumped in the cafeteria chair, my small meagre sandwhich and bottle of apple juice sitting in front of me. It wasn't a lot to eat but I was between paychecks at the moment and wasn't willing to spend more than I had. Sure, like every college student, I had a line of credit I could use in a pinch, but I was not going to be paying those interest fees for the rest of my life. Laughter filled the air around me as people rejoined with friends and talked about classes and movies they were planning to see this weekend. I listened with half an ear as I pulled out my sketchbook, nibbling on the sandwhich idly.

I was halfway through it when a bottle of milk was sat in front of me. Sighing internally I looked up at the short brunette who slid into the seat, her brown eyes filled with excitement. "Okay so, have you seen the list of activities they posted? They have literally everything!" She squealed.

Maria had been sitting with me every day after classes while I ate, talking to me about anything and everything. I didn't know why, it wasn't exactly like I had shown her that I approved of her company. But it was kind of endearing that she tried so hard. Besides, she was nice and it wasn't like she ever asked personal questions. I wouldn't be able to handle her exhuberant energy if she was also nosey.

"Lacrosse, basketball, football, theatre, band." She has pulled out a piece of paper, reading over it as she dug into a bag of pretzels, munching on them as she spoke. "Swimming. Oooh, that sounds like so much fun! I love to swim, grew up on the Ridean Coast and everything. What about you?"

I shook my head, wrinkling my nose. "Water and electrical magic don't exactly mix. Knowing my luck I would electrocute me and everyone in the pool by accident." I said wryly, finishing my sandwhich and juice.

"That's true. Oh hey, a group of us were planning to go see a band playing on Sunday, do you want to join us? It's a free entry. Apparently, Hudson has an older brother who's trying to get his band off the ground and is having a launch at their place."

Great. That's the last thing I need right now. A bunch of half-drunk lightweights dancing around a strangers garage and front yard. Standing I gathered my sketchbook and trash, shrugging my shoulders. "Can't, I picked up a double shift at work." I said, turning and heading to the trashcan.

"No problem, see you tomorrow!" I waved a half-hearted goodbye over my shoulder as I left the cafeteria, my feet carrying me to the dorms on the other side of campus. All thoughts of parties and schoolwork fled my mind as I thought about my bed and the sleep I was finally going to be getting.

Lichen x ZeraSeptember 30, 2024 10:06 PM

Zeraphia

Lightbringer

Give Award

"Aren't you going to get a job?" The blond young man--someone by the name of Cyrus--prompted. "I mean, everyone does right? It's so hard to go through college and not take a job, it's too expensive. I have an interview at a warehouse today after my second class."

Kalen leaned back from eating his lunch and tilted his head for a moment. "I thought about it but with my schedule the way it is, I don't entirely know if I'll have time."

"Packed it?"

"Well, no,but I do have to think about my resume as well," the young man prompted, "that's what I gotta think about too. Is a part time, entry level job going to look good on my resume? For you guys, it will, but where I was already up in management in my home business... it'll look like I took a step backwards."

Trina, the young woman from class, let out a breathless noise. "Wow. That's so smart."

Kalen shook his head. "For me it'll be better to show the gap in my resume as taking school and going to class and college for the degree I am."

Also the fact that Papa Hemera had threatened his head if he had even dared take a job while he was out there. He wanted him to enjoy time, relax, take classes and take care of himself. He did not want him running himself ragged--like he knew he would.

"There's a band on Sunday," Cyrus prompted, changing the subject. "It's free entry."

"Dry?"

"Oh indubitably," Cyrus scoffed and shook his head, his arms crossed over his chest. "It's on campus ground, of course it's going to be dry. They're not allowed to have anything else. Unless you count sodas and waters."

Trina bobbed her head. "It's going to be fun. I heard it's a student's brother trying to get their band up off the ground," she offered eagerly.

Kalen thought for a moment or two, weighing his options. If he did go, he could have fun and run the option of being noticed. But, at the same time, if they lied and it wasn't dry... that ran the risk of his reputation.

"I might pop by and see how it is," Kalen finally relented. It couldn't be that bad to just show up and look. If it was dry and okay, stick around. If it wasn't, just leave.

Forums > Roleplay > 1x1
   1    2 

Refresh

Copyright ©2013-2024 Go Go Gatsby Designs, LLC    All Rights Reserved
Terms Of Use  |   Privacy Policy   |   DMCA   |   Contact Us