Boe,
lol same. I refuse to explore desert
 Schei
08:21:18 Cuore
Voxtexy
Wow he's beautiful
 Saint
08:21:13 
i have forest quest for Moose and Coyotes, and a scavenger and i cant find any lmao
 Boeing
08:20:15 Boe is a bear, Rawr!
goodbye I do not want a Desert quest ew
 technoblade
08:20:07 Lil Techy | Techno
redd

you say this as I get gator after gator
 Red River Wolves
08:19:39 Redd Dead
Techno,
I had an alligator quest earlier so of course none of them showed up, but I got a lot of blue jay feathers out of it. It was actually kind of nice if I wasn't actively looking for gators
 distant-screams
08:18:27 katy | beetle
-WP Click-
hopefully she throws something good e.e
 Voxtexy
08:17:24 Vox, Corey
Another 50+ AC pup :0

-WP Click-
 BuggyOs
08:17:07 Bug-a-boo
You spy 5 Polar Bears.

oof
 Narran Park
08:16:05 Sting
Just got this pup.
Outstanding Precision
-WP Click-
 technoblade
08:14:22 Lil Techy | Techno
Redd

Swamp is not my favourite and neither is desert but I'll live.
 Voxtexy
08:13:46 Vox, Corey
At least their sibling didn't trick me XD

-WP Click-
 Voxtexy
08:13:32 Vox, Corey
-WP Click-
-WP Click-

This is just brutal.
 Red River Wolves
08:13:10 Redd Dead
Techno,
That's pretty good. It has a concrete end at least
 Stygian Forest
08:12:48 
Sabbath

What's new?
 Voxtexy
08:12:05 Vox, Corey
Sabbath,
Right?? I expected at least a few more rosewood markings to show up on him lol
 Sabbath
08:11:23 Rook
Stygian
Heyo c:
 Stygian Forest
08:11:08 
Sabbath

Hello.
 Sabbath
08:10:38 Rook
Vox
I love that everything is greyscale except for the nose haha

Refresh

You must be a registered member for more
than 1 day before you can use our chatbox.
Quests
Alliance Battles
Challenges

Hourly Damage Variances
Boar : +5
Jaguar : +4
Brown Bear : +3
    Fall   Day  Weather:  Sunny

Forums

→ Wolf Play is a fun game! Sign Up Now!

My Subscriptions
My Bookmarks
My Topics
Latest Topics
Following
Forums > Socialize

What is it like RPing?July 5, 2022 03:49 PM

CriesInTheNight

Darkseeker

Give Award
I just got talking with a friend who might want to RP again on WP

I never did that, not on WP or anywhere else for that matter

So uh whats it like? i know a broad question

But I imagine it too feel weird, being a character you are not (make sense?)

Do you gets get attachted to the characters in your stories?

How does plot development work if its several people in one RP group?

And basically any other info you may have on this would be great. I mgiht give it a shot, I used to love writing in school, but I always did it for myself, never with others. And my stories were absed on me IRL, so real stories

Edited at July 5, 2022 03:55 PM by CriesInTheNight
What is it like RPing?July 5, 2022 03:54 PM

Cloudystar

Neutral

Give Award
But I imagine it too feel weird, being a character you are not (make sense?)
Makes sense but it really doesnt for me at least. I usually put bits of myself in my characters and if I dont its like being there but not if that makes sense. Like I get to write about someone and do what I feel like they would do or even what I would do in their world or situation.
Do you gets get attachted to the characters in your stories?
Yea my characters are absolutely my babies. I love them and building them is so fun.
How does plot development work if its several people in one RP group?
usually its a lot of effort from everyone. Everyone needs to pull their weight etc. usually the discussion forum is where people figure out where they want it to go.
Ive been roleplaying for what feels like my whole life so if you ever have questions about it you can pm me! ^^

Edited at July 5, 2022 03:55 PM by Cloudystar
What is it like RPing?July 5, 2022 03:55 PM

ataciara

Neutral

Give Award
RPing for me is actually not much different than a collaborative book. You aren't really pretending to be a character you're not, you're stepping into a fantasy world where you can progress a story through your actions; it's like how in a dream you aren't pretending to be a princess or a mermaid, that's the reality of that dream. I hope that explains it alright.

I get extremely attached to the characters I write because I write them so that I get invested in their stories and want to see them grow; never force yourself to write a character you aren't excited for or don't have any interest in. It also helps to include bits and pieces of your personality and incorporate yourself into the character!

Plot development with multiple people is trickier, but only because you have to communicate what you want and include ideas from others, and you can't just do what you want to do. As long as you communicate clearly and everyone is on the same page, development goes really smoothly!

I've run a few groups on WP and other platforms and participated in more than that, and I've been RPing since I was ~10-11 on varying platforms/games, so about 8-9 years now! I'm also working to become a published author so I can definitely help with fleshing out characters or general ideas if you need more help understanding something <3

Edited at July 5, 2022 03:57 PM by ataciara
What is it like RPing?July 5, 2022 04:14 PM

Convivial

Darkseeker

Give Award
I love role-playing. Typically for me it's like telling a story or living one, but you don't know the full outcome. It's like co-writing with people. It doesn't really feel weird, each character is like a piece to you that you can use to express yourself. It's something not everyone enjoys but I do suggest trying it! Maybe sign up for some in the forums and see how things go. I would recommend to develop just one character at first that way you can get to know them and how their personality will work in rps. Like right now I'm using Enzo, and you may have to modify them for some rps like half animal rps or a dragon rider rp your character may look slightly different or have a different backstory but the main character is still them.
What is it like RPing?July 5, 2022 04:22 PM

ThisIsAPackName

Lightbringer

Give Award

I would describe roleplaying as more like writing a story with the input of other people than actually pretending to be your characters, if that makes sense? A character's personality is really just how they interact with the world and people around them, so when you're writing from their point of view, it's just trying to look at that personality and figuring out how they would react to things while applying whatever vibe they may have to whatever is they do.

For example, a character who's obsessed with justice would probably try to wrestle a knife out of a murderer's hands; meanwhile, a character who's lazy and uncaring would just watch. if the character who's obsessed with justice is also crude and an asshole, then they'd be cursing out the murderer the whole time they did it; if the character who's lazy and uncaring was polite and sweet, then they would fold their hands in their lap and continue the conversation they were having while someone was getting stabbed to death in the back. If you want to add a little bit more complexity, if the character who cares about justice cared about the law, then they might call the police on the murderer and not get involved; meanwhile, the lazy character would talk to the police when they arrive because it didn't mean they had to go out of their way to do anything, but they would refuse to go to the trial as a witness because they don't want to leave their house. Personalities.

I get attached to characters in my stories while I play them. If I didn't want to see how their story goes, then I wouldn't have any interest in what I'm doing at all -- I usually tend to make a new character for every roleplay I'm in, however, so I forget about most of them after a while. I reuse some of mine if I don't get to use one or I get super attached to some. A lot of people reuse characters because they're attached to every OC they make, and that's good, too. It really depends on what kind of writer you are.

In group roleplays, the plot is usually set by the creator of it and then other people drive it along by piping in ideas about how the plot could progress, little events that could happen (natural disasters, a new villain, etc.) or character-driven things (a character betrays the group, romance, etc. etc.). There are also roleplays where the plot is built from the ground-up by the roleplayers, in which case it usually begins with an inkling (medieval setting, what the conflict might be, etc.) and then others pipe in more ideas for the setting and conflict and whatever until they've got a whole world and plot. Some people just come up with the inkling and then improvise on the rest as they go along, which is also okay. Depends on what your style is.

A bit of a long response, but I hope that helps (and that it wasn't too confusing!).

What is it like RPing?July 5, 2022 06:59 PM

Former Pack

Neutral

Give Award
it's very fun getting obsessed with people who don't exist and making them suffer.
What is it like RPing?July 5, 2022 09:02 PM

Sir Froggington

Lightbringer

Give Award
I love roleplays where everyone writes interesting characters and gives you a lot to play off of. I can't really add much more to what people have already said.
I get attached to my characters, but after a while I forget how to write for them.
Normally, people just suggest stuff for the plot and then decide on which ideas would work best.
What is it like RPing?July 5, 2022 09:05 PM

Sir Froggington

Lightbringer

Give Award
I love roleplays where everyone writes interesting characters and gives you a lot to play off of. It's fun waiting for the next person to write their post because otherwise, you'll never know what's going to happen next. I can't really add much more to what people have already said.
I get attached to my characters, but after a while I forget how to write for them.
Normally, people just suggest stuff for the plot and then decide on which ideas would work best.

Forums > Socialize

Refresh

Copyright ©2013-2024 Go Go Gatsby Designs, LLC    All Rights Reserved
Terms Of Use  |   Privacy Policy   |   DMCA   |   Contact Us