Wolf Play : Eleven From Tetra | Semi -lit to Lit | Medieval | Discussion
Chatbox
 Boo
01:33:56 Chrissy
caven,
it's not an addiction, it's a commitment. 🫶
 Saint
01:33:48 
never my time has come, i'll throw a half dead wolf at you as many times you need
 Kháos
01:32:40 Kaos || Khaos
Puppies: -Click-
 Nevermore.
01:32:38 Never/Nev
Oh boy, a PvP quest, anyone want to go at it?
 cavendish
01:32:03 caven
boo-
serves me right, thats what i get for gambling every single day
 Dark Dynasties
01:31:57 Dark / Phoenix
-WP Click-

whyyy did you have to be such a pretty dud?
 Boo
01:30:43 Chrissy
caven,
i would be too. 😖
 Inferno Abyss
01:30:42 Raven, Flame
Sateda
Ah, okay that makes sense. The only thing is that before the update, it was going to be around 17k :')
 cavendish
01:29:37 caven
i just accidentally retired a g1 amela and im kinda livid
 Saint
01:29:14 
yes
 Sateda
01:28:39 
Inferno-
It's because most of your wolves have max dominance. Staggering means each wolf will have a different dominance level, so you'd be losing instead of gaining.
 Kháos
01:28:10 Kaos || Khaos
I would be scared too. want a puppy picture?
 Saint
01:27:18 
yeah it just scared me so much
 Kháos
01:26:16 Kaos || Khaos
At least you're not in your car still.
 Saint
01:25:18 
khaos yeah a celsius and i'm standing in the office while help comes
 Nevermore.
01:25:10 Never/Nev
Fiery

That is confusing o.o
 Inferno Abyss
01:23:48 Raven, Flame
. . .
Total Dominance: 25823
~
Wolf Totem at bottom: Stagger Wolf Dominance
New Total Dominace: 3430

I am so confused x.x
 Kháos
01:23:22 Kaos || Khaos
Saint-
That's not good. Do you have any water or Celsius?
 Desolate Skies
01:21:52 Sarah | Grey
-WP Click- He made it past DS 😭
 Ryujin
01:19:46 Elduin (he, Him)
is my wolves names Unique enough?

Refresh

You must be a registered member for more
than 1 day before you can use our chatbox.
Quests
Alliance Battles
Challenges

Hourly Damage Variances
Sun Bear : +4
Bobcat : -1
Water Moccasin : +2
    Fall   Night  Weather:  Hurricane  Moon: 

Forums

→ Wolf Play is a fun game! Sign Up Now!

My Subscriptions
My Bookmarks
My Topics
Latest Topics
Following
Forums > Roleplay > Discussion
   1   ..    5    6    7    8    9    10    11   ..   27 

Eleven From Tetra | Semi -lit to Lit | Medieval | DiscussionMarch 8, 2022 07:19 PM

Argos

Lightbringer

Give Award
Thank you for asking that. I was unaware that Sunmoon finished. Flower Field is still working on hers and hopefully she answers the last 2 criteria soon. I feel guilty for opening up the Cartographer role again since she's so close, but it is open.
---
Also, we need to determine transportation. We have touched on this before.
Here is the idea I posted on page 2:
Before the Rangers
Maybe start off on horses and then they get hungry and supplies run out (they might've poorly prepared also in their rush. Or they got robbed in the night or something). They meet the rangers after eating one of their horses or something.
After the Rangers
So after the rangers join the group, the group is now fed by them as they are the only ones who can skillfully hunt. As they travel, their horses slowly die off. They do not have a horse each (rangers will). The cartographer will have an older pony. The mage will have to share with someone. The egyptian will have her own because she is royalty. One of the knights will probably have at a horse, the others won't. Then the thiefs will probably steal themselves horses. So there is a total of 8 horses.

7/8 left because 1 was eaten (probably the knight's)
6/8 left because 1 died of old age (probably the cartographer's)
5/8 left because 1 wandered off (maybe one of the thief's)
3/8 left because they had to sell 2 for something (maybe a map) (the other thief's and novice ranger)
2/11 left because 1 broke a leg (egyptian's)
0/11 left because of some cause of death (novice ranger's and ranger's)

These deaths will happen slowly over time.

OR they go down the river, but they use boats, thus they don't need horses so they just sell the animals.
At the time, the majority voted for the "horse route". However, at that time about only 4 people had signed up so I'm taking a recount. Also, feel free to add in your own ideas to it.
---
We need to decide on the route into the Outcast lands. Where on the map would be best? I think it should be somewhere where Bjorn had been stationed before. Freedom can choose that. Also, Freedom, which Ranger Training Camp are the rangers at?
---
I've decided that the start of the journey will be in the Late Spring (to see how it is in Tetra go to page 3 and scroll down some)
---
Then we still have this to discuss:
Where will we start the RP? How are they all together?
So I have 3 ideas.

Idea 1: So it's when August and Zahra already meet and the story is past the whole "figuring out the world is going to end" part and the "trying to convince the higher authorities that the world is going to end and failing" part. So they are looking for members to join their group (safety in numbers, I guess. We might have to come up with better ideas). So they find the ex-knights (maybe drowning their woes at the pub?) and then the cartographer overhears their conversations with the knights and invites themselves to join. Similarily, the thieves also join (perhaps one of them joined only to try to best the other). Then after the horse-eating-thing (if we use it), they find the ranger's apprentices who join up. Shortly after, their mentor pops up and reluctantly joins the group. Thus, all Eleven are together.

Idea 2: it's the idea above, except August and Zahra aren't looking for people to join up. Instead, the members overhear and just volunteer. Each for their own reason. Later the ranger's apprentices join up and finally the Bjorn himself.

Idea 3: They automatically are together. The previously mentioned way of how they meet will just be backstory.
---
I am updating our map to where The Rift really is. Do y'all think there should be some sort of riddle to find it or not? Also, do y'all think that the Outcast lands should really be filled with magic (as described in the "Outcasts" section in the sign ups)? Or should that be just legend and they'll just encounter actual animals? I also think that it'll be interesting if later on they meet some Outcast survivors.
Eleven From Tetra | Semi -lit to Lit | Medieval | DiscussionMarch 8, 2022 08:08 PM

Xuân

Darkseeker

Give Award
I think the choice that will make the roleplay be able to enter the actual plot is the third idea :D
Eleven From Tetra | Semi -lit to Lit | Medieval | DiscussionMarch 8, 2022 09:16 PM

Lost Memories

Neutral

Give Award
I agree, I think the third idea would be the best place to start :)
Eleven From Tetra | Semi -lit to Lit | Medieval | DiscussionMarch 8, 2022 09:42 PM

Determined_Wolf

Lightbringer

Give Award

I'm just going to briefly jot down my ideas and some other thoughts I have. Sorry if this gets a bit long.

First, for transportation, we should pick horses. A surprising amount of these characters are serious, rich, and incredibly erogent people so seeing them pair up with an equally stubborn horse could make for some comedic moments or pairing them with a sweet horse who is very gentle and cuddly could lead to some quiet and wholesome moments that we wouldn't see otherwise. Plus, I really like the idea that everyone grows a close bond with their horse and begin to form tiny childish rivalries and debates on who has the best horse. The fact that they all have to die or leave in some way would be heartbreaking though. I am fine with this so long as we see a real change in a character's personality after said death/loss (more of a motivation to complete the mission, maybe they are more humbled and caring towards the rest of their team than before, etc.) or if there is real emotion behind the scene. These are live animals that our characters will live and deal with and not cardboard cutouts after all.

Okay so, the Outcast Lands is a bit trickier. I would recommend either the West only because the East is desert terrain, the South is very woody and probably has the sea cutting it off, and the North would be far too cold for horses.

As for the start of the RP, I would actually suggest two only because it gives us a chance to see the characters and how they reacted to begin with. That or three so we can just start right away. :P

Outcasts would be super neat to meet on the journey!! I would love it if they had magic because they found some ancient type of magic, ancient technology, or something that was different than the magic present. Maybe adding a bit more magical lore would be awesome, but I am just a sucker for that stuff so feel free to ignore me for wanting this.

Eleven From Tetra | Semi -lit to Lit | Medieval | DiscussionMarch 10, 2022 06:06 PM

Freedom

Neutral

Give Award

I aspire to your level of dedication, Determined_Wolf. Argos, I did respond to 1 and 2, but I'll just elaborate on that.

I very much like the idea of having horses who are important to each character, sort of like secondary characters. The horses' interactions with one another can also drive the characters' interactions with one another. Maybe the horses have grudges against certain people or two horses are friend whose riders don't like one another. Stuff like that. It will indeed be very sad when their hoses die, though. It might be a bit uneven when some people have horses and some don't, but I think that could add to the plot as well: people riding with other people, etc.

I had already reccomended the southeast area for the destination. I had imagined Bjorn stationed somewhere along the eastern border, but if we want to go with the west I'm alright with that as well. I guess it really depends on if we want to go through the kingdom or unchartered territory more. If we want to go through more of the kingdom, I'd say Bjorn might have been stationed in the southeast and is currently at the Ranger Training Camp 4 in the Will Flatlands. Otherwise I'd say the Ranger Training Camp they're at would probably be the first, in the Tarn Flatlands.

I actually wouldn't mind doing option 2 - I'm alright with coming in a little later, and I can wait patiently. I think it might be interesting to see all of them meeting one another. But the two ranger apprentices need to be alright with it too - they might want to jump right in.

I think it would be a great idea to meet outcasts. As for the magic, I do like magic a lot, so I would say yes, add it. Either go full out with lore and magic or do it more toned down and subtle, with things like cursed forests and prophecies. And if you can think of a riddle and it doesn't make your brain hurt, go for it! I like to think I'm pretty good at riddles, but I suspect I may not be as good as I think I am. I'd enjoy the challenge.

Edited at March 10, 2022 06:07 PM by Freedom
Eleven From Tetra | Semi -lit to Lit | Medieval | DiscussionMarch 10, 2022 07:17 PM

Wilderen

Lightbringer

Give Award
I really like all the options put out, and I think they all are very well done.
For the transportation route, I really like the option with the horses and I agree that it would definitely bring out some character growth. If possible, perhaps farther along in the roleplay they'll need to use boats for a short time as well. It would be very interesting if there was a character who gets seasick easily or a character who falls in the water and cannot swim. If we had to choose one or the other though, I would choose the horse route.
~
As for where the route into the Outcast lands will be, I really have no idea, so I will be perfectly content with whatever is decided.
For the three ideas of starting the roleplay, I would personally choose the 2nd option because I think it would be fun to see how they all react to each other when they meet, and it could be helpful in showing how the characters think of each other at first.
~
For the last bit, I think riddles would be nice. This way they might get some idea of where they're going, and maybe the cartographer could connect the riddles with directions and landmarks on the maps. For magic being in the Outcast Lands, I think it would be awesome! Seeing as Augustus has some experience with magic, he could definitely help the group in this regard. Meeting people in the Outcast Lands would also bring a bit of spice to the roleplay, considering that it is the duty of the rangers to keep such people from crossing the border. They might also be wary of the knights since the knights were tasked to protect the kingdom and catch people breaking the law.

Edited at March 10, 2022 07:47 PM by Wilderen
Eleven From Tetra | Semi -lit to Lit | Medieval | DiscussionMarch 10, 2022 10:51 PM

Ebanon

Darkseeker

Give Award

So, I like the idea of both boats and horses! If there were boats, or if they need boats in the future, I will speak for the fact that Nic's home is in Fishertown, and he spent the majority of his childhood around (and in) Fisher Lake/Silwea Sea. Being who he is, he'll definitely have some boats to spare :D But, if we're talking medieval... he'd probably let them borrow a couple schooners? Maybe two? One for most of the people, and the other for the knights + horses/rangers + horses/whoever, ha.

His horse would probably be the one to be eaten, but if it wasn't, he'd be willing to let whoever ride double so no one has to walk.
-
As for route? I'm fine with however it ends up! So long as we're not starting out the absolute farthest away xD
-
I really will say Option Three, for the simple reason that if we don't get this started soon, it may never start. So maybe they start off all in a town, most of them knowing each other, while they meet the rest (as soon as we start)- either rangers or knights, likely, though maybe one of the thieves too- in a tavern?

Eleven From Tetra | Semi -lit to Lit | Medieval | DiscussionMarch 10, 2022 11:34 PM

Argos

Lightbringer

Give Award
I'm such an idiot. I totally forgot to mark down that the big empty space to the east is where the Outcast lands are. Oops, I'll add that onto the key real fast.
---
Transportation: Behold! Horses it is!

Options: Okay, so I think that 2 and 3 are fairly evenly tied up and for the sake of getting things going, we can go for 3.

Route: So I think that the majority of their journey should be in the Outcast lands (I'll start working on that side of the map soon). Probably going with the idea that they're going southeast.

Since we are working with Option 3, we can have it that they just recently picked up the rangers (thus a horse is already gone due to it being eaten) from RTC1. They can be going towards Yollton for a comfortable board or be camping out (could be for the reason that they ran out of daylight or someone didn't want to go into town). The map isn't drawn to scale or any measurements equal a mile or anything, so we'll have to eyeball a day's travel some.
Or we can jump right into Yollton already after the ride and the group are in a tavern enjoying society before venturing off into Outcast lands. This is a place where they can get to know each other fairly well.
Magic/Riddles: If I find enough time, I'll dabble with the riddle. I'm not too sure how great or clever it'll be but it'll do. For magic, I think that they should meet some Outcasters (some of the characters have family/friends who have been outcasted so they could possibly meet). As for magic, I'll jot down some lore that could exist. The animals there aren't going to be "normal" magical/mythical creatures just for the sake of being weird. Some of the legendary animals there described in poetic rhymes by bards will be normal animals that are just unique. Like a giraffe or platypus. Since it's getting late where I live, I'll start on it to-morrow (or on the weekend) if I'm able. If y'all want to you can add in ideas for the animals.
So far:
"Magic" creatures:

The Wadents

AKA the Platypus

This creature is furry and sleek like a river otter, however, its face is a duck’s. Their tail is like a wet raccoon’s or fox’s and their limbs are flippers while in the water. On land, they transform into thin clawed paws. Their eyes are beady. The males have sharp spurs that has the potential to kill. The females are highly aggressive. Do not engage.

Legend states that Wadents were made by Quinn as a practical joke. They were created a little bit before Humans by Quinn rolling a die given to him by Suca. It was his first creature made by this die, which is called Maker’s Die by men. Quinn always called it My Die. It decided their shape, skills, intelligence, morals and power. He made humans with it and first assumed that this creature would die immediately afterwards because they were squishy helpless things. That was until he rolled for intelligence, morals and power. Then they became interesting to him.

Paro hated them and had to be bond down by Suca. During the great struggle to tie him down, Quinn lost My Die. No one knows were it is exactly or how he lost it. Some legends say a creature stole it and others say it dropped out of his pocket. Another version says that Paro snuck it out of his pocket to try to use it. No matter the version, Maker’s Die is lost.

The Horned Pigs

Are exactly what the name suggests

Pink and plump creatures with the occasional dark grey pattern, they look like normal pigs except for the large narwhal horn sticking out between its orange eyes. They have nubs on their shoulder that are known as a delicacy, thus the term "pig wings" was made. Known to be crafty. These pigs carry a legend about them.

King of All Beasts, the mighty Long-Necked Whale (aka the Plesiosaurus), was being challenged by the fierce, wild, tusked, winged and horned boar in the ancient days of old. They had a terrible, terrible duel but they could not kill one another. The horned pig was actually cheating and had teamed up with the little fish that the Long-Necked Whale would feed upon. While the boar flew in the air, the fish would snap and bite at the whale, causing it a disadvantage. The other animals did not know this (marine life peeked their heads above the water to see what the pig was doing) so they thought the two were honestly tied. So they called upon the gods to judge. The horned pig was caught by Rusa for his dishonesty. To punish him. Rusa clipped his wings and the pigs could no longer fly again.

The Long-Necked Whale

AKA Plesiosaurus

Their body is shaped similarly to a sea turtle’s exact their skin is rubbery like a dolphins, yet hard like the barnacles on a whale. They also lack a sea turtle’s shell, but they have their flippers and their tail is stubby comparing to the rest of them. Like the name states, they have a long neck and sharp, pointed teeth inside their dolichocephalic head. Their neck is lean but strong and powerful. Their body is thick in muscle and fat for the colder waters that they swim in. Their tail is used for balance and occasional for battle. They as long as eleven feet and their height is between three to four feet tall; their mass being about 1100 pounds.

They are the second creature that Quinn created, the first being the loose-lipped weasel (looks exactly as the name suggests). Given that the weasel died out after thirty years of existence, the long-necked whale is known as the King of All Beasts, although some historians argue that the extinct weasel is, given that it was born first. Some people still believe that the weasel is still alive, they are unfortunately incorrect.

TBC

Edited at March 12, 2022 10:08 AM by Argos
Eleven From Tetra | Semi -lit to Lit | Medieval | DiscussionMarch 11, 2022 10:07 PM

Determined_Wolf

Lightbringer

Give Award

Hey, if everyone is okay with Yollton, I would be good with that too! I would imagine that this would be when they still barely know each other, but there could be good bonding time at a bar or something!

I also seriously love the "magic" creatures-
Eleven From Tetra | Semi -lit to Lit | Medieval | DiscussionMarch 12, 2022 08:55 AM

Argos

Lightbringer

Give Award
Lol, thank you!

Yeah, August is gonna judge everyone while being frightened out of his wits at the same time. I don't think he's ever been to a bar, or had beer or anything. Maybe we can have a drinking contest...XD

Edited at March 12, 2022 08:55 AM by Argos

Forums > Roleplay > Discussion
   1   ..    5    6    7    8    9    10    11   ..   27 

Refresh

Copyright ©2013-2024 Go Go Gatsby Designs, LLC    All Rights Reserved
Terms Of Use  |   Privacy Policy   |   DMCA   |   Contact Us