technoblade
03:27:49 Lil Techy | Techno
so close
 technoblade
03:27:43 Lil Techy | Techno
damn it!
 Blue Wolves
03:27:42 Da ba dee
Hey chat. Would anyone be able to help me with something? None of my friends are online. Pm me please :)
 That Grape Guy
03:27:01 Dionysus,Dio,Rosc
-Click-

should I change my pack theme to match him?
 technoblade
03:26:13 Lil Techy | Techno
Amy

Yeah I have 2 at full health still
 Amygdala
03:26:06 Amy/Anpmygdala
Techno
I have 21 battle wolves now...some are getting old so it might change soon 😅
 Purgatory
03:26:00 Purge/Purse/Pug
She's so pretty
-WP Click-
 That Grape Guy
03:25:45 Dionysus,Dio,Rosc
its about time to change my pack theme again
 Amygdala
03:24:47 Amy/Anpmygdala
Techno
Wanna do one more battle against my new pup?
 ScardeyKat
03:24:41 Kat ?
Oof I forgot how to completely draw an elk skull it's been so long </3
 technoblade
03:24:11 Lil Techy | Techno
Amy

I only have six so i can't do that as effectively
 Caeruleum
03:23:38 Cae, Blue
i miss having 60+ dgs :( it was great for both explore and pvp
 kycantina
03:22:23 ky but it's spooky
Anyone know if there's a guide for this month's event? I'm struggling with some of these encounters
 STS
03:22:05 TS, Speckles
Hey i haven't been able to come lately after what happened, i miss the drama xD
 Amygdala
03:22:01 Amy/Anpmygdala
Techno
I have a bunch of wolves. I just use them all and drink from the spring...saves me a lot on potions XD

Leo was my sink hole. He always wanted wager and i kept losing 😅
 Faulty Demons
03:22:01 Ollie, Gold
Paws? :)
-WP Click-
 Caeruleum
03:21:39 Cae, Blue
nap >>>>>

Refresh

You must be a registered member for more
than 1 day before you can use our chatbox.
Quests
Alliance Battles
Challenges

Hourly Damage Variances
Western Rattlesnake : +5
Red Fox : +2
Bobcat : 0
    Winter   Night  Weather:  Clear  Moon: 

Forums

→ Wolf Play is a fun game! Sign Up Now!

My Subscriptions
My Bookmarks
My Topics
Latest Topics
Following
Forums > Roleplay > Discussion
   1   ..    3    4    5    6    7    8    9   ..   18 

New Beginnings | DiscussionOctober 7, 2022 10:59 AM

Imperial Sands

Darkseeker

Give Award
I'll be going through reservations here in a bit. Any of those passed the 48 hour mark with be removed. Then I'll start working on the Rp itself. ^^
New Beginnings | DiscussionOctober 7, 2022 11:01 AM

~Terebinth Wolves~

Lightbringer

Give Award
Alright ^^ awesome! but what about my other question? about Rose having a crush on Hail? Is it alright with you?
New Beginnings | DiscussionOctober 7, 2022 11:07 AM

Imperial Sands

Darkseeker

Give Award
Yeah that's totally fine if she does ^^
New Beginnings | DiscussionOctober 7, 2022 11:09 AM

~Terebinth Wolves~

Lightbringer

Give Award
Alright, thank you ^^ also where are we starting? Like is the new pack still moving to the den or what?
New Beginnings | DiscussionOctober 7, 2022 11:21 AM

Imperial Sands

Darkseeker

Give Award
The Roleplay Will Begin About a Day After the Flood.

They've been taking Shelter in the Parts of the Den that Weren't Flooded, as they couldn't risk trying to set out for travel during the storm. So everyone is a little Cold, Muddy, and Wet, and they're likely Hungry too. It would only take the Adults about a day to reach the place they're going to, but with the pups that increases to about 2 to 3 Days depending on any stops made during travel.

The Pups were Born at the End of May, and after almost 6 Weeks it's the Beginning of August. For the Area this is the Beginning of the Monsoon season for the Area, this combined with the melted snow filling the rivers caused the flooding of the Southern Half of their territory. Unbeknowst to them, this is pretty much why the area was unclaimed, it just wasn't worth it to defend since it Floods almost every year. However, the Northern part of their territory remains relatively untouched by the flooding, and they have a den there they can use. However, it's risky because this den is much closer to the Border of their territory where a Rival Pack, the Northern Mountain Pack, lives, making it just as dangerous as the Southern den in it's own way.

With the Promise of Storms and More Rain on the Horizon, they'll have to trek as quickly as possible to the new den or risk being swallowed up by more flooding.
New Beginnings | DiscussionOctober 7, 2022 11:24 AM

~Terebinth Wolves~

Lightbringer

Give Award
:O i love it! Amazing!
New Beginnings | DiscussionOctober 7, 2022 11:46 AM

Imperial Sands

Darkseeker

Give Award
Their Territory

As Mentioned, the New Pack's territory is relatively small in comparison to other Wolf Territories. By, like, a lot. It's a decent territory, if you ignore the flooding, and able to support the family if they navigate it correctly.

The Southern Portion of their territory is forested with several stream running through it that connect to the large river the runs through this Southern Forest. It's a bit closer to the border, but close enough to the Southern Den that water was easy for them to reach either from a stream or the river directly. This Forest, though, covers majority of the Southern Portion of the Territory, and runs up a bit on both the East and West Side too.

In the center the trees thin out and become more sporadic, transitioning into plains or a very large meadow, which they refer to as the Center Valley for now. This was their primary hunting ground, as it was commonly visited by different herds of prey.

To the North the territory becomes harder terrain, transitioning into hills, and then a small forest before the mountains that form their border rise up high in the sky. This hilly terrain before the mountains is where the Northern Den lies. It's elevated, since it sits atop a mountain, and protected with Mountains directly behind it, and a forest on either side of it. It faces directly into the plains, but, because it is of higher elevation it's less likely to be flooded, and often goes unnoticed by predators unless occupied.

The Northern Ridgeline of Mountains is all that protects the small pack from the Northern Mountain Pack who has turned the Mountains and the various valleys within them into their home.

The Two Dens

In the territory there are two main densites the wolves had to choose from. The Southern Den and the Northern Den.

The Southern Den is the larger of the two dens with multiple holes or caverns, whatever you want to call it, for the pack to occupy. The den resides in the forest just before it transitions into the valley, and was thought to be far enough away from the river to avoid being flooded. Unfortunately, the river flooded worse than they could have imagined, and that, combined with the rainfall fo a recent storm, has flooded the forest from the river, into the den, and about half way into the valley itself. However, with storms still coming, it's likely that the den would flood completely with time, making it detrimental that the pack moves. It's a good den site during the dry months, but once snow melts and rain falls, it becomes quite risky.

The Northern Densite isn't quite as large as the Southern Den, but big enough to do the job. It only have one main den within it, though it's large enough to hold the entire family if needed. It has one main entrance, and one smaller back entrance for escape if necessary. It has a couple of trees directly near it, but, otherwise, the forest starts several yards away on either side and a bit behind it too before turning into mountains. The big issue with this Den is the amount of predators that use the game trails near by when hunting. They ignore the den when it isn't occupied, but when it is, it becomes a bit of a point of interest for those looking for an easy meal. Whereas the Southern den didn't really have any immediate carnivorous threats.

Truly, what would benefit the pack would be to create a whole new den towards the East where it's slightly Higher Elevation, and not as heavily trafficked by other animals. However, that's something for a different time.

The Prey & Predators

As mentioned, the territory is quite small by wolf standards, but because it's been previous uninhabited the prey has flourished and is quite comfortable there. They aren't used to using wolves in the area. So the hunting isn't too bad, but they do move on quickly when spooked, so the pack relies on herds moving through their territory to reach another.

The Prey the Wolves Will Find includes:
- Deer
- Elk
- Moose
- Rabbits
- Goats [they come from the mountains sometimes]
- Caribou [only during Winter]
- Mice
- Beaver [at the River]
- Squirrels
- Moles

Obviously the small animals are not migratory, and live in the territory themselves. However, there are also several Moose who live there as well. Right now, because there are only two adults, they do not hunt Moose. They'd have to have far more adults to pull that off, so the Moose are more threat to them than prey. Caribou are migratory when seen, and only pass through for short periods of time in the winter. Whereas the Elk and Deer are migratory but herds are always passing through.

The Predators of the Territory:
- Fox
- Coyotes
- Bear
- Other Wolves
- Mountain Lion
- Lynx
- Badgers

The main risk to the Wolves right now are Fox, Coyotes, and Bears. The Bears have no fear of the wolves, since there are only two of them, whereas the Fox and Coyotes will purposely try to seek out the Wolf Den when the parents are out. They are a significant threat to the wolf pups. For the Mountain Lions, they only occasionally are season, aren't as likely to bother the wolves unless starving or forced into conflict. Badgers are more likely to be opportunists, so they'll only go for a wolf pup if they happen to stumble on them. Lynx, for the most part, avoid the adult wolves, and will only go for wolf pups if they happen upon them and there is no sign of an adult. Even then, though, they're more likely to just move on. As for Other Wolves, they aren't so much as a threat because they'll hunt the family, but conflict wise they might fight them if they happen upon one another.

There is one small pack of coyotes that live in the territory and were the main predators of the area. So they likely will take an opportunity they can to kill or run the wolves out.
New Beginnings | DiscussionOctober 7, 2022 11:54 AM

~Terebinth Wolves~

Lightbringer

Give Award
Awesome!
New Beginnings | DiscussionOctober 7, 2022 11:57 AM

Imperial Sands

Darkseeker

Give Award
For the Mountain Pack Wolves

They've already been given their assignment, and have been traveling to reach the New Pack's territory. Their primary den is far northern, purposely making it difficult for any other wolves to reach besides the pack. However, this meant they had to traverse majority of their territory to reach the New Pack's. Right now they're in the Mountains just passed the Border of the two packs, having rested in a cave the night before during the storm. Now that they sky is clear, for now, they'll have to venture into the territory to start getting intel. They'll also have to decide what the best course of action is for accomplishing their task. While it might just be two adult wolves and their pups they're supposed to be going up against, that doesn't mean it's going to be easy. The two parents have everything to lose, and likely will not make it easy for them. Plus they have to be wary of any other wolves since they aren't in the safety of their own territory.

For the Dispersal Wolves

They can kind of be starting where ever you want them to. They could be crossing over into the territory in hopes of passing through, or even trying to join this newly established pack. Who knows, perhaps they are even residing within the territory since it was previously unclaimed, and now they're either trying to avoid being discovered, or perhaps also looking to join. They can kind of be doing whatever where ever.
New Beginnings | DiscussionOctober 7, 2022 12:00 PM

~Terebinth Wolves~

Lightbringer

Give Award
Great!

Forums > Roleplay > Discussion
   1   ..    3    4    5    6    7    8    9   ..   18 

Refresh

Copyright ©2013-2024 Go Go Gatsby Designs, LLC    All Rights Reserved
Terms Of Use  |   Privacy Policy   |   DMCA   |   Contact Us