Wolf Play : Destiny (Isnt always fair) | Discussion Thread
Chatbox
 Magnus Bane
01:28:04 Mag/Maggy
Hey!:)
 devine
01:27:33 vi, devi
-WP Click-
Too much? Should I add the fox spirit decor as well?
 Malcuth
01:27:27 Wander
-WP Click-
This is a redemption CB. The last one I got sucked
 teddy
01:27:14 its yellow
i have half an hour left before my dinner is ready hehe
 teddy
01:25:53 its yellow
hey again
 devine
01:24:38 vi, devi
Viria
That's funny, I think it probably is referring to a phone xP
 The Comet
01:23:41 Irene/Irie
Hi all <3
it's been a minute!
 Viria
01:23:23 Amai,Faelen
Your wolves played: Scara startles a human. They drop a shiny rock that speaks!

...Is it... a phone?...
 Sassy Otaku
01:21:20 Chuuya/Ruggie
Time to run another 5k moves :3
 devine
01:20:43 vi, devi
thanks haha <3
 devine
01:20:26 vi, devi
the next one might be "Reconstructed Bones" and so on, since they don't live forever. Maybe I'll move on to the Spirit Famlilar for funsies. Infinite favorite wolves
 limbo
01:19:39 ZD
devine,
that's so cute T^T
 Malcuth
01:18:59 Wander
Devine
That's a really cool idea
 devine
01:18:36 vi, devi
I had a really good battle wolf a year back, and I still miss her, so I got the Wolf Skeleton Familier and named it "Lar's Vengeful Bones"... now Lar will be able to fight with my pack for infinity
01:17:32 Asmodeus (he/they)
Overall Brains Count: 5
Brains Count: 5

:(
 Malcuth
01:17:18 Wander
215/1870 brains
Slowly getting there
 Azrael
01:16:11 Ash, Khaos
I'm very allergic to cats. I walked out of my bedroom and the cat began yelling at me and won't leave my side now. 😭
01:16:00 Asmodeus (he/they)
-WP Click-

he was the first and last time I used a dye
 BloodWeb
01:15:46 Blood/Nicole
I only have a Spectre dye buried now. Used my other one earlier on this guy to make him Diamond
-WP Click-
 limbo
01:14:45 ZD
I have 6 buried dyes because i refuse to use them lmao

Refresh

You must be a registered member for more
than 1 day before you can use our chatbox.
Quests
Alliance Battles
Challenges

Hourly Damage Variances
Red Fox : +2
Cougar : -1
Coyote : +5
    Summer   Day  Weather:  Brimstone

Forums

→ Wolf Play is a fun game! Sign Up Now!

My Subscriptions
My Bookmarks
My Topics
Latest Topics
Following
Forums > Roleplay > Discussion
   1   ..    50    51    52    53    54   ..   173 

Destiny (Isnt always fair) | Discussion ThreadJanuary 3, 2024 04:51 PM

Wolf's Bane

Darkseeker

Give Award

Crazydayz said:
Ooh, interesting! I was thinking the pup mortality may be a bit lower due to such a large pack protecting them but we could always add in a few pups to be killed.
Also, yes, I do mean the night in the roleplay setting.

Wolf's Bane Pack said:

Crazydayz said:
Question: Timeskips, how do we feel about them? They'd be a month at max. I'd warn you guys that when we go into the night it will be a timeskip, so no sudden scene halts.
Also, how do we feel about me initiating random events to keep up activity? (Eg: Drought, animal attack)

For time skips, as long as they're reasonable and don't skip over anything significant, I think most people would agree.
Just to confirm (and I know this might sound dumb, I'm just clueless in general lol), when you say "when we go into the night", you mean the day is over in the roleplay, right? Not irl?
Random events would totally help the roleplay. They can even push the storyline to the plot twists we need.
Another thing that I think we need to address is that wolf pup mortality rate is 40%-60% (or at least, that's what the online sources say. It could be even higher.) This could allow us to create pups that inevitably die (not including the ones we've created, assuming that we don't want them to die quite yet), because I'm not sure if it's realistic for such a large pack to have such few pups.
Alternative plot twist that could come out of this: a pup death turns out to not be an accident.

Thanks for confirming! I'm assuming that since the pack is already so large, it must mean that the pup mortality rate is much lower. I realized that this might be necessary after seeing that pup litters usually have between 4-7 pups (although realistically speaking - not referring to a pack as enormous as this one - fewer than half of the pups survive to adulthood.)
The pairing tradition, as well as Rule 3 (most mates over age 4 will have pups) means that with two surviving pups from separate litters (among the other pup-less mates), there must be at least a few pup deaths.
Destiny (Isnt always fair) | Discussion ThreadJanuary 3, 2024 04:53 PM

Crazydayz

Lightbringer

Give Award
We could also use the excuse of an unusual amount of stillbirths? I dunno, maybe there's some genetic reason. We could always just have the normal birth rate lowered for the pack so that 2-4 pups are usually born instead
Destiny (Isnt always fair) | Discussion ThreadJanuary 3, 2024 04:53 PM

Wolf's Bane

Darkseeker

Give Award

Crazydayz said:
Okay, another idea, I'll probably need to implement this one. Me narrating the time frame every so often so we don't get stuck on one day like in some roleplays.
Eg: It is a frosty morning | The sun is at it's highest point by now. All wolves should be awake and active | The sun is setting, wolves should start heading back to camp

This seems like a pretty smooth and seamless way to transition between times of day. We can't have too much drama occur in a single day, so skipping over some time to the next event could help.
Another thing I realized - does the pack have patrolling and hunting schedules? I know that there's wolves who leave camp and don't return for a long time, but other than that, would the alphas and betas organize exploration teams, border patrol teams, hunting teams, etc.?
Destiny (Isnt always fair) | Discussion ThreadJanuary 3, 2024 04:57 PM

Wolf's Bane

Darkseeker

Give Award

Crazydayz said:
We could also use the excuse of an unusual amount of stillbirths? I dunno, maybe there's some genetic reason. We could always just have the normal birth rate lowered for the pack so that 2-4 pups are usually born instead

Actually, I like that.
Also, to add onto the pup mortality thing, what if the pack lives in a generally cold place? Like up in the mountains, where they can really feel the impact of winter? Or alternatively, the seasons really affect them, which cause pups to die of malnutrition (or a LOT of them have high metabolism.)
Or there's a lot of predators in the area, which contributes to the "random events" - they don't occur super often, but enough so that the pack requires good fighters to prevent more incidents. Of course, though, having a lot of predators would mean that prey is generally abundant, so the pack would worry less about starvation.
Destiny (Isnt always fair) | Discussion ThreadJanuary 3, 2024 05:38 PM

Spellbound

Lightbringer

Give Award
Hello All~
Hope y'all like Clem & Guak
Destiny (Isnt always fair) | Discussion ThreadJanuary 3, 2024 05:43 PM

Crazydayz

Lightbringer

Give Award
I like the idea of the seasons really effecting them. Maybe that's why summer was chosen for the ceremony? Because it's the best season for survival?

Wolf's Bane Pack said:

Crazydayz said:

Actually, I like that.
Also, to add onto the pup mortality thing, what if the pack lives in a generally cold place? Like up in the mountains, where they can really feel the impact of winter? Or alternatively, the seasons really affect them, which cause pups to die of malnutrition (or a LOT of them have high metabolism.)
Or there's a lot of predators in the area, which contributes to the "random events" - they don't occur super often, but enough so that the pack requires good fighters to prevent more incidents. Of course, though, having a lot of predators would mean that prey is generally abundant, so the pack would worry less about starvation.

Destiny (Isnt always fair) | Discussion ThreadJanuary 3, 2024 05:47 PM

Wolf's Bane

Darkseeker

Give Award

Crazydayz said:
I like the idea of the seasons really effecting them. Maybe that's why summer was chosen for the ceremony? Because it's the best season for survival?

Wolf's Bane Pack said:

Crazydayz said:

Actually, I like that.

That makes a lot of sense. Spring is also a nice time, but I imagine that there would be plenty of animals out of hibernation. Wolf breeding actually takes place around spring and pups are born around May or early June, so it's like two consecutive celebrations - one for the pups being born, another for the pairing ceremony.
"Welp, now that the predators are dealt with, we can move on to convincing these young fellas that initiating forced relationships is a good idea -"
Destiny (Isnt always fair) | Discussion ThreadJanuary 3, 2024 05:50 PM

Crazydayz

Lightbringer

Give Award
Lmao. Also, "Look! Pups! They're so cute, don't you just want some of your own? (Feed our greed for a larger pack please"
Destiny (Isnt always fair) | Discussion ThreadJanuary 3, 2024 05:51 PM

Wolf's Bane

Darkseeker

Give Award

Spellbound said:
Hello All~

I think Clem and Guak are both really interesting. Guak is the embodiment of wintry calmness, and Clem is a flawless fit for Malakai, but I love how she's NOT another clone of his sadistic personality - she's very calculating and she arouses fear, but she doesn't have an emotionless demeanor.
Destiny (Isnt always fair) | Discussion ThreadJanuary 3, 2024 05:53 PM

Dawnforest

Lightbringer

Give Award
Ah yes, true love.

Wolf's Bane Pack said:

Spellbound said:
Hello All~

I think Clem and Guak are both really interesting. Guak is the embodiment of wintry calmness, and Clem is a flawless fit for Malakai, but I love how she's NOT another clone of his sadistic personality - she's very calculating and she arouses fear, but she doesn't have an emotionless demeanor.

Forums > Roleplay > Discussion
   1   ..    50    51    52    53    54   ..   173 

Refresh

Copyright ©2013-2024 Go Go Gatsby Designs, LLC    All Rights Reserved
Terms Of Use  |   Privacy Policy   |   DMCA   |   Contact Us