Wolf Play : How Do you draw good wolves?
Chatbox
 BooJake
12:12:55 Don't call me BJ.
@WorkingPaws
If you could send me some of your pieces I could help with your prices? :3
 BooJake
12:12:23 Don't call me BJ.
@Ollie
I fucking love that so much, but my one piece of criticism, is I'm thinking maybe the legs should be a little bigger? If you know what I mean? :D
 Crescent Nightwalker
12:11:10 Aurora / Crezzie / L
@Faulty,
It looks even better than how I draw people! (I like how you added the wings!)
 Gothamm.
12:10:37 Batman.
Cheese.
 Hugs4Bugs
12:10:17 Bugs || Ed
Ollie
Ooo, I love it 0.0
 Hugs4Bugs
12:09:32 Bugs || Ed
I'm really unsure where to set prices at though haha
 Faulty Demons
12:09:20 Ollie, Gold
Thoughts and constructive critism?
-Click-
 Hugs4Bugs
12:09:08 Bugs || Ed
I could :')
 Hugs4Bugs
12:08:53 Bugs || Ed
I think I'm just going to keep trying to max out my 2 alphas and a few of my other favorites before saving up - maybe when they all die and I restart the pack
 BooJake
12:08:27 Don't call me BJ.
@WorkingPaws
Also, I've been meaning to ask, are you planning on setting up a commission shop by chance any time soon? >,>
 Ishouldbeinschool
12:08:06 Sileas, he/they
I'm so poor XD I gotta get some mush soon
 BooJake
12:07:50 Don't call me BJ.
@WorkingPaws
I probably would too, but because I don't play for the wolves, I'll just end up selling once I get to my goal of 5000 CP :3
 Hugs4Bugs
12:07:22 Bugs || Ed
impressivee
 BooJake
12:07:05 Don't call me BJ.
I think I've been saving around 6-8 months. Not too sure though.
 Hugs4Bugs
12:06:44 Bugs || Ed
dang, I just spend my cp every day haha
 Serpents
12:06:36 Waterfall,Zane,Pixal
-WP Click- custom move ideas pm me please realte to her name
 BooJake
12:06:00 Don't call me BJ.
@WorkingPaws
Lol, you can, it just takes a real long time.
You have to depend on the daily rewards after I think 3 days. It's up to chance on how fast you end up getting CP
 Hugs4Bugs
12:02:39 Bugs || Ed
wait you can save up CP? 0.0
 Crescent Nightwalker
12:02:33 Aurora / Crezzie / L
@Boojake,
Congrats! Not long ago I made it to being to assign my wolves 60 CP.
 Duskfall
12:02:25 Dusky|Dusk|Dusker
Shiro licks the face of Scarlet of pack Not Important as they have a forbidden friendship.

Stats: Charisma +3
Mood: Excited
:o They are both females :o

Refresh

You must be a registered member for more
than 1 day before you can use our chatbox.
Quests
Alliance Battles
Challenges

Hourly Damage Variances
Rattlesnake : -5
Polar Bear : +2
Sun Bear : -2
    Winter   Day  Weather:  Light Snow

Forums

→ Wolf Play is a fun game! Sign Up Now!

My Subscriptions
My Bookmarks
My Topics
Latest Topics
Following
Forums > Artwork > Art Help

How Do you draw good wolves?December 18, 2020 12:21 PM

Former Pack

Neutral

Give Award
Hi so um how do you draw good digital wolves? The Paws, face, eyes and fluffyness.
How Do you draw good wolves?December 18, 2020 12:32 PM

Space Man

Neutral

Give Award
I strongly suggest using reference images of real wolves; before actually drawing full on pieces, do sketches based on certain aspects of the reference image you chose. Once you get used to the anatomy, then you can move onto drawing polished pieces
How Do you draw good wolves?December 20, 2020 08:03 PM

Sneaky Smeagol

Darkseeker

Give Award
For practice (just practice not as something to actually sell or use) try taking some free stock wolves off the internet and tracing them over and over to get a feel for anatomy. Try to separate the body and head into shapes and study all the different parts. Try drawing a skeleton, a wolf from different angles, a super buff wolf, a long haired or short haired wolf etc. Try drawing skinny and fat wolves, tall and short, mess with different sizes and styles finding what suits you.
Lots of people don't actually draw realism, but your cartoony/chibi styles will be improved once you understand the realistic, proportional way! I learned from just drawing over and over and over again.
Look at little details, like the way a wolfs nose looks or the shape of its eye and direction of fur. Look up tons of tutorials! For fur, don't make anything all the same direction and length. Fur can follow a general direction, but it shapes around the body and will go off in different directions and lengths. Try practicing drawing short vs long and thick vs thin hair.
For paws, definitely look at real images, if you have a dog check theirs out! My dogs are super tolerant and let me play with their toes so I just practice drawing their feet from different angles and positions. The paw will flatten against the ground and looks different depending on wether it's supporting weight or not. Look at other people's drawings too.
How Do you draw good wolves?January 4, 2021 11:48 AM

Former Pack

Neutral

Give Award

Sneaky Smeagol said:
For practice (just practice not as something to actually sell or use) try taking some free stock wolves off the internet and tracing them over and over to get a feel for anatomy. Try to separate the body and head into shapes and study all the different parts. Try drawing a skeleton, a wolf from different angles, a super buff wolf, a long haired or short haired wolf etc. Try drawing skinny and fat wolves, tall and short, mess with different sizes and styles finding what suits you.
Lots of people don't actually draw realism, but your cartoony/chibi styles will be improved once you understand the realistic, proportional way! I learned from just drawing over and over and over again.
Look at little details, like the way a wolfs nose looks or the shape of its eye and direction of fur. Look up tons of tutorials! For fur, don't make anything all the same direction and length. Fur can follow a general direction, but it shapes around the body and will go off in different directions and lengths. Try practicing drawing short vs long and thick vs thin hair.
For paws, definitely look at real images, if you have a dog check theirs out! My dogs are super tolerant and let me play with their toes so I just practice drawing their feet from different angles and positions. The paw will flatten against the ground and looks different depending on wether it's supporting weight or not. Look at other people's drawings too.

Space Man said:
I strongly suggest using reference images of real wolves; before actually drawing full on pieces, do sketches based on certain aspects of the reference image you chose. Once you get used to the anatomy, then you can move onto drawing polished pieces

Thanks for the tips!
How Do you draw good wolves?January 4, 2021 11:50 AM

Former Pack

Neutral

Give Award
i dunno man i just faked it and until i made it

(eg i traced art until i could do it freehand and developed my own style, slowly developing after discovering new ways to do things, of course if you do trace the art, keep it personal and dont sell it or anything like that)

Edited at January 4, 2021 11:51 AM by goatboy

Forums > Artwork > Art Help

Refresh

Copyright ©2013-2024 Go Go Gatsby Designs, LLC    All Rights Reserved
Terms Of Use  |   Privacy Policy   |   DMCA   |   Contact Us