Wolf Play : Dead World | Post-Apocalyptic Rp | Open!
Chatbox
 Sanania
10:18:37 San, Sangria
Boo-

Ghost Blues
Hallowed Vows
Scarlet Ghost
 Serpents
10:17:48 Waterfall,Zane,Pixal
-WP Click- battle move ideas pm me
 Jack-A-Boo
10:16:42 Boo, Vapor (he/Him)
-WP Click-

name ideas for her?
 Sanania
10:16:35 San, Sangria
Lmfaoo definitely sounds like a true barracks when the elevator is shite
 Voxtexy
10:16:07 Vox, Corey
meant to say "nice" after least. pfff, go me. forgetting a whole word
 Sanania
10:16:03 San, Sangria
Vox - thatÂ’s fair I wouldnÂ’t have known that acronym either
 Voxtexy
10:15:43 Vox, Corey
Sanania,
The PPV I have is at least, but the barracks I had before deployment were shit. I was on the top floor and the amount of times the rickety elevator broke down was insane.

See ya later!
 Sanania
10:14:45 San, Sangria
Vox - I was gonna say IÂ’d figure youÂ’d probably have nicer barracks but they still tend to run a bit small. (IÂ’ve gotta scoot currently at work and while there isnÂ’t a whole lot to do I shouldnÂ’t be on my phone for long).
 Voxtexy
10:14:06 Vox, Corey
I normally call where I live PPV, but I just use the term barracks since like, no one knows what PPV is lmao

PPV: Public Private Venture
 Voxtexy
10:13:02 Vox, Corey
Sanania,
Soo, the barracks I have right now are actually nice. I used to have a barracks room where me and my roommate had a small room where we both slept and then a small kitchen and small bathroom.

This one the Navy pays 1k a month for me to live here, I've got a relatively normal bedroom, the kitchen is kinda normal? Reminds me of a kitchen in an apartment and the bathroom is small but I don't need a big one anyways lol
 Sanania
10:12:39 San, Sangria
Dart - Giving vox advice on how to handle the foot and then me diving back into the nostalgia of early dating days with my husband
 The Amethyst
10:11:42 Dart
San

What didicome back too...
 Sanania
10:11:08 San, Sangria
Vox- yeah! Do a little foot dunk til your toe beans get a little too frosty then elevate and repeat.

Ugh hate that for you. Lmfao I definitely donÂ’t miss juggling barrack days - tiny kitchens not even big enough to make two meals for two without cramming the plates into a corner. (Hubby was army infantry so I got a glimpse of the barrack life a good number of times and will say dorm life is a dream in comparison).
 technoblade
10:08:25 Lil Techy | Techno
hey chat
 Sanania
10:08:17 San, Sangria
Vul-

Honey Banshee
Honey Bee
Nectarous
 Voxtexy
10:06:49 Vox, Corey
Sanania,
I could probably get cold water in a bowl.

I can get ice, but I just haven't gotten anything since I moved in to these barracks. My roommate kind takes up the entire fridge and freezer so I'm planning to get a mini fridge for my room
 Transcendence
10:05:05 anti gen ai
Nah the bald defect is 19 vitals but shart ratings
 Vulpixles
10:04:59 Pixie, Vul | ♈
-WP Click-

Name ideas?
 Sanania
10:04:43 San, Sangria
Vox- mmm I forget youÂ’re military, more specifically navy (if my memory serves me correctly) soak it in cold water alternatively, perhaps?
 starmutt
10:04:20 marsh | they/it
i found pronouns on her deviantart im saved

and yee what transcendence said :3

Refresh

You must be a registered member for more
than 1 day before you can use our chatbox.
Quests
Alliance Battles
Challenges

Hourly Damage Variances
Jackal : +2
Jaguar : +2
Cougar : 0
    Winter   Day  Weather:  Blizzard

Forums

→ Wolf Play is a fun game! Sign Up Now!

My Subscriptions
My Bookmarks
My Topics
Latest Topics
Following
Forums > Roleplay > Sign-Ups
   1    2 

Dead World | Post-Apocalyptic Rp | Open!December 5, 2021 05:51 AM

Imperial Sands

Darkseeker

Give Award
My Nomadic Hunter

Name:
Kanza Amari Satis;
She responds to all.
Faction:
Nomadic or Nomad
Role:
Hunter;
She's the Hunter Leading their Little Party
Appearance:
The Nomadic Hunter is not a creature of mediocre appearance or build, everything about her is like a sharply tuned weapon. Standing at a hair over 5'8", Kanza isn't particularly tall, but she's far from short. Her physique isn't something that scream vulnerable, instead it demends respect and attention from those around her. Lean and muscular, the young woman has a build that most athletes would kill for. She doesn't look sinewy or willowy when she stands, unable to hide the musculature of her arms and shoulders. One might even say her shoulders verge on broad, and they aren't necessarily wrong, but they aren't so wideset as to be called manly.

Not one ashamed of the scars she has earned, Kanza doesn't fear showing her skin off to others. The cold undertones giving her darker skin an almost grey tone to it, cold and like stone. She has a prominent scar across the supple flesh of her chest, puckered and angry from the claws that had scathed through it. It was an injury that nearly killed her, and one that Kanza now boasts proudly, not insecure about it marring her flesh so viciously. The woman is mostly legs, toned appendages that carry her swiftly and easily over even difficult terrain. Her hands are long with nimble and able fingers, whereas her feet are, somewhat surprisingly, on the more dainty side. Her stomach which is flat, with muscle that hums beneath the surface, and acts as the canvas of yet another scar, one similar to the one on her chest, almost like a matching set. Again, she isn't ashamed to hold such a trophy, and never shys from showing it.

Her ears are a bit longer in length, and lie closer to the sides of her head than others, but not in a way that gives her an odd appearance. Her face is diamond shape, with a strong chin and jawline that gives her a determined and strong look. Her nose is smaller, and narrower, and barely comes to any type of point. She has less defined cheek bones than some of her counterparts, but the female still has a striking appearance to her in all her hardened edges. Her lips are on the thinner side, a softer salmon color that doesn't look out of place on her face. Her eyes are more on the hooded side, with the faintest hint of almond shaped in there. Theyre the color of cold steel, matching the woman's appearance.

Kanza's hair is on the shorter side, by a good bit, coming down to just around her collar bone, but not quite. It's layered and often messy or tangled, as she isn't the type to fuss over it long or often. If it's out of her face, that's all that matters to her. A small part of her head is shaved on the right side, while the left side is often sporting some smaller braids to help keep the hair from her face. In fact, her hair is often kept in some sort of viking styled look, this offers a bit more function for her, as she hates to have her hair in her face at any moment except when she is relaxing. In her braids and styles, she keeps different little items intertwined with them. Anything from beads, to feathers, and much more find their way into her hair, it's the one thing she kind of will admit she enjoys. Sometimes she will even include animal teeth or claws to match the piercing she has in her left ear, where she often wears a tooth from her own mount, Boruta. She prefers to pick ornaments that reflect well within the inky tresses of her black hair, but pretty much anything she finds pretty can make it in.

Beside the ornaments in her hair, the female also wears Tribal Tattoos on Both Arms. They are Full Sleeves that travel up both her arms, starting at her finger tips, then across her collar bone and neck. The sleeves also extend down both her sides and end at her hips. They are a mixture of intricate swirls and markings that make them almost seem alive. When she seems to move, the tattoos also seem to move, writhing across her skin like snakes.

Kanza's primary outfit usually includes a simple get up of pants, shirt, boots, and her scarf that she usualy drapes lazily around her torso until she secures it around her head or face. The color of her clothes usually is black with dark red accents, but occasionally she will wear other colors when she isn't out hunting.
Personality:
TBA

Kanza is not a person that many enjoy interacting with, most avoid it in general. Being a very determined and serious person a lot of the time, she can be very intimdating to come across. She holds little leniency for mistakes and failure, and and won't hold back her judgements just to spare someone's feelings. To her, most just aren't even worth her time, so she prefers they just avoid her. If you are brave enough to challenge, or even just say hi, there is an inate cockiness that the young woman takes on. It isn't the friendly type, or the joking type, instead, it's the genuine "I'm better than you" kind that rubs many the wrong way and has made many a nomad feel obsolete.

Aggressive and direct, Kanza is always the type to know what she wants, and once she has it in her sights, there is little that can be done to stop her. She's like a Warhound in that aspect, impossible to shake once she has your scent. She Kanza doesn't beat around the bush, and she has a habit of delivering everything in a very straight forward and sometimes blunt matter. Her intentions aren't necessarily to always cause pain for others, but it's kind of an inevitability for her that it'll happen. Even if people don't like her and her callous attitude, she's the type to demand respect, and many give it. Her drive, if nothing else, has earned respect and commendably by others, she isn't the type to stop when she gets knocked down. She will always keep moving forward.
Mount:
Boruta
Affiliations:
wip
TBD
Weapons:
Double Ended Spear
&
Daggers
Strengths:
wip
Weaknesses:
wip
Other:
I'm not sure

Her Mount

Name:
Boruta
Appearance:
TBA
Personality:
Wip
Attributes:
He's got a venomous bite.
His rider has the antidote or anti-venom to his bite, but it's lethal with out it and highly painful, even with it. If it isn't treated quickly, it can leave permanent damage.
Strengths/Weaknesses:
wip
Other:
Often muzzled when not out hunting to keep those around him safe.

Edited at December 8, 2021 07:40 AM by Imperial Sands
Dead World | Post-Apocalyptic Rp | Open!December 5, 2021 10:52 AM

Mother

Darkseeker

Give Award
Name: Wren Vyer
Faction: Nomadic
Role: Hunter

Appearance

Wren has long, thick, dusky brown, straight hair that is usually pulled back into a simple braid or ponytail. All of her jewelry has gone into her mount's tack, so she saves none for herself, leaving her hair plain. She has refined, slim features and stands at 5' 11" tall. Her skin is a medium sunkissed olive shade, becoming paler wherever she has scars. Her round eyes are a golden, almost yellow color.

Wren is built wiry but still feminine. Her curves are subtle but not invisible, and her arms, back, torso, and legs are all quite toned. She is tall, lithe, and strong, but not as strong as others. She has to rely more on speed and agility than brute force, but a wide swing of one of her swords has enough force behind it to hit a body and keep on going.

Her eyebrows and eyelashes are dark and full, making her eyes pop further and giving her a very predatory appearance. Her face, while pretty, always seems to be displaying a thoughtful look -- one that makes you wonder whether she's plotting your death and consequent funeral or just zoning out in your general direction.

Her tribal tattoos are not very compressed, and they are mostly conglomerated on her back, shoulders, and arms. They are mostly angular with very few curves. Hers look much like tiger stripes, or like a zebra, save for the likeness of wings spreading across her shoulderblades after her namesake.

Personality

She may have been named for an innocent little bird, but she is not as soft and gentle as her name suggests. This young woman has trained for over a decade in fighting, hunting, survival... everything that Nomads prepare for. Wren is smart. She plays by the rules, until she doesn't.

Like Styx, she is rather inquisitive and is not against trying new things. However, she will always weigh the consequenses of such actions and will not do something that could jeopardize someone or something she deems important. Her loyalties are first to her warhound and her fellow nomads, and then to herself. She is just fine going along with the rules and making sure everyone else keeps them.

It takes a lot to rile her up, mostly because she really just doesn't care. Nothing hurts her feelings. Her attitude is very nonchalant and almost laid back, but not quite. She is a hard worker and has a strong desire to always be doing something -- anything. Wren hates being still or feeling useless; whatever needs to be done, she will help.

Mount: Styx

Affiliations

Open, PM me

Weapons:

She has dual broadswords that she uses both separate and together.

Strengths

She is a very capable fighter, especially with her swords. Her accuracy with them, or even with throwing rocks, is something she has obviously worked hard to achieve. Wren is very focused and level-headed when she fights, allowing for her to raise her endurance in them.

She has a fair knowledge of medicine and minor surgery procedures (stitching, removing weapons, the best places to amputate). She is by no means a doctor, or trained to be, but she has enough to get by quite well in the wilderness.

Wren is a logical thinker, and in almost all situations she maintains a levelheadedness that allows her to think clearly and concisely. She's a strategist and observant.

Weaknesses

She cannot bear losing her warhound, or anyone else close to her. If someone she cares for is in danger, she will do anything to get them back -- even throw out morals, which is something she holds very tight to.

If she loses her swords and is found in a hand-to-hand situation, she is at a disadvantage. An old boxer's break makes punching painful for her, and she will attempt to find another weapon before solely relying on her fists.

She, like Styx, is not a fan of being in the air. She avoids warhounds with flying capabilities and sticks instead to those like hers. Wren can't stand being underground, either. She's not sure whether it rubbed off on her from Styx or if it was the other way around; either way, she's claustrophobic.

Other

Taking recommendations on post apocalyptic shows and movies because I haven't really seen... like... any. Except for one stupid one and I am Legend. So... Yeah. Gimme ideas.

--------------------------------------------------

Name: Styx

Appearance

6304-C973-4-F21-4340-9-AEB-8-DA92-F70-AEC1.jpg

Credits to me

This creature came straight from Hell. Her sightless, burning red eyes are set in a lion's face. Two long, slightly curved canines protrude out of her mouth and hang down a couple inches below the chin. Her body is very muscular and looks much like what one would assume a sabre tooth tiger may have looked like. Her tail, though, is long and looks most like a wolf's. Styx's long claws do not sheath. She has an oddly shaped ribcage with a hollow area that doesn't make much sense unless the purpose is known. It's an extra organ, usually found in the head of whales that use sonar. This is how Styx "sees."

Styx is quite large, standing at 18 hands, and boasts a muscular but agile build. Her short fur gets a little longer on his cheeks and neck, though not by much, and it is all a midnight black. In the light, it takes on a silvery sheen, but at night she becomes a void.

Her calls are more like screams -- blood freezing, bone breaking shrieks that promise a painful demise. A baritone growl can raise to glass-shattering octavese easily, somewhat like an elk call, as there is still the deeper base note to it.

Personality

Styx is a fighting machine when she is asked to be, pummeling and trampling and slashing without a care, but she is actually a relatively docile animal otherwise. She's quite curious and extremely patient with people who don't know how to act around her, especially children. She tolerates pulled ears and whiskers quite well.

Styx is well-trained and his primary purpose is a guardian. Sbe takes her job seriously, moreso out of loyalty to her rider than any rewards. But rewards are always accepted graciously. This creature is also quite playful, both with humans and with her fellow warhounds. The latter can get her into a somewhat flirtatious mood as well.

Attributes

Her teeth and perpetually extended claws make her extremely formidable in battle. Echolocation allows her to have an accurate idea of where everything is, and so she is able to move and act like any other creature, though her mind only registers the shapes and not the details.

Strengths & Weaknesses

She also has incredible auditory and olfactory senses. Styx is blind, but she sees as well as she needs to by her nose and the semblance of echolocation that she uses. She can still run, jump, fight, and hunt, just going based off the information his brain receives from those organs and with help from her rider.

She does not like going underground for unknown reasons. She is fine everywhere else, excluding in the sky. As long as there is space above him and earth or water beneath her, he will be fine. Her sense of where things are gets skewed in water deep enough where any rebounding vibrations can't be registered.

Other

She's five years old. Styx is Wren's first training project and best friend.

Edited at December 7, 2021 05:20 PM by Rising Shadows
Dead World | Post-Apocalyptic Rp | Open!December 5, 2021 10:53 AM

Mother

Darkseeker

Give Award
Name: Koda Meisner
Faction: Technically Mechan
Role: Mecha Prisoner

Appearance

Koda has red-auburn hair that is always tousled and looks like it was fashioned by blind hands covered in grease -- which, you know, it was. His narrowed eyes are a light brown. His face has a perpetual look of disinterest stretched across it: he is one to hide his emotions and only release the ones he feels like showing; this usually means the grumpy ones and nothing else.

Koda is built strong with a triangular build and broad shoulders. His body is one of strength rather than speed or prowess due in part to genetics and in part to his upbringing and profession. He stands at 6'2. Beneath all the grease, he has a bronze skin tone and, when he takes a hardcore bath, he looks almost unrecognizable. He goes from gray to gold.

Koda's angular features form a rugged-looking young man, and the added grease smudges and scars across his body emphasize the "careless" aspect of him. His tattoos are all red, and he has a fair amount. Around his upper arms, it look like someone took a paintbrush and made rings. On his back, he has a thick line running down the left side of his spine with a thinner one to the left of the first. His right shoulder bears the semblance of a gear.

For clothes, he looks like a hobo. Dirty leather pants held up (and probably together) by a belt and scuffed work boots are his signiature look. When he's not working under an object, he wears a once-white shirt and occasionally a coarse jacket.

His jewelry is rather minimal for a Mechan, but it's only because of how picky he is. His left ear sports a simple diamond stud, but oh it is shiny. Koda wears a thin chain necklace as well that he never takes off and his parents' wedding bands are fitted on to two adjacent belt loops with another fine chain stretching between them. In the middle of said chain, a small pendant of something called a "dog" hangs. He also has a brace around his left leg: a metal band surrounds his upper thigh and two poles connect to gears on each side of his knee, above and below which are two more bands. Another pair of poles reaches down to his ankles. When he moves, a distinct clickickickick can be heard as his knee bends.

Personality

Upon first meeting Koda, it's instantly obvious that he does not give two damns about what people think about him. Insults are met with snorts, comebacks, and "yeah, I know"s to the point where most people have given up trying to put him down. Self-depreciating humor is his specialty.

He is extremely curious about the Nomads and, prior to becoming their prisoner, would watch them from afar often. For what his people call "monsters," they seem more human to him than some of his own. Like his parents before him, Koda is fascinated by the unknown, the old, the forgotten, and the future. Anything will catch his eye and keep him entertained for hours.

Lacking a sense of self-preservation, Koda often forgets to think before he speaks. Especially in his current predicament, this gets him into trouble. Actually, for most of his life he's been in trouble with someone -- a neighbor, a parent, a leader, the Nomads. He can take the punches, though. He always could.

He may be relatively carefree, sassy, and have a good mouth on him, but Koda is a sullen, broken soul. He does not find much joy in his work anymore, nor does he relish the company of others. Life became mundane after his parents were killed, and working on his widely unaccepted, radical ideas became a coping mechanism rather than a hobby.

His outward talk-backs and snarls are mostly for show, now. He wants to go back to his sand crawler and continue his work, but at the same time... now he has the opportunity to study his "enemies" up close, and that arouses his bedded interest.

Sand Crawler Appearance

His sand crawler is an oddity. It's a wagon rather than a car or a trailer. A box made from wood and metal fragments is smoothed to perfection on the inside but battered on the outside to hide the many hidden mechanisms that can be tripped by a prowler or unwelcome visitors. Metal rims support a thick, fireproof tarp that stretches across the top and sides to form a cover.

His crawler's "wheels" are the caterpillar tracks found on tanks, allowing his creation to travel across a vast variety of terrain -- if he could ever get it to move. The front has gear to hitch animals -- definitely not something commonly found in Mechan society. Koda had been working for years on finding a way to build a mechanical warhound to use to pull his sand crawler; when he finally gave up and went after the warhounds themselves, it didn't end well.

Inside his crawler, he has a small kitchen space, lots of tools, and a far end covered in furs and homemade pillows from his hunting successes and trading. On the outside, he has a diamond-hole cage to hold his plants. There is a self-irrigation mechanism inside as well, which he is now very grateful for.

Affiliations

Open, PM me.

Weapons

Well, usually, he's got his house. It's pretty sharp. He's an excellent archer as well, preferring more traditional weapons to the bizarre creations of his fellow Mechans. Right now, he don't got no weapons.

Strengths

He is an excellent tracker, and he's pretty good at hunting as well. He has to be in order to survive, since most of his own people don't associate with him. His skills, he is sure, are the reason he is still alive and on the hunting party.

Koda can swim quite well. Rough waters or strong currents don't bother him and he can hold his breath for a decently long time. Yet another reason his people don't like him: he's wasting water.

Building and inventing are strengths of his as well -- but it is so with most Mechans. Working with harmful substances doesn't seem to bother him much, either. He's been exposed plenty of times, but he's learned how to handle them appropriately.

Weaknesses

Apparently, stealing. Koda had no idea about the telepathic bond between warhound and rider until he witnessed it after his capture. He's also not good fighting with anything but his hands and the occasional wrench, and that's limited, since his leg gives out quickly.

He has little use over his left leg. A year or so ago, a machine he was working on collapsed on him and he was stuck under long enough to cause permanent damage. Because of this, he wears his brace.

AtTiTuDe

Because of his bad rep with the Mechans, and that of his family, as well as his less-than-subtle murder accusations, he is a social outcast and all but banished. He is not loyal to his people, or anyone else, really. He doesn't care which side wins this war.

Other

Koda is certain his parents were murdered, probably by other Mechans. Their views the world were not popular and often considered blasphemous; the fact that both happened to die violently while working on a project for a more respected Mechan does not sit well with Koda.

He was caught trying to steal not one, but two warhounds. And a considerable amount of food. Styx was one of those warhounds; if someone wants him to have tried to nab theirs, I can add that, too.

Edited at December 7, 2021 05:56 PM by Rising Shadows
Dead World | Post-Apocalyptic Rp | Open!December 5, 2021 10:46 PM

Mother

Darkseeker

Give Award
Hunter and warhound are done. Prisoner will be finished today or tomorrow.
Dead World | Post-Apocalyptic Rp | Open!December 5, 2021 11:30 PM

Ebanon

Darkseeker

Give Award

Side note from a New Englander: 30s aren't that cold xD They are used to 100s, though, so I guess it's fair-

Athrin Loxcil Marvor
"I'll take care of it. I know you don't want to."

Twenty-five | Male | Mechanim | Lover

Thoughts on Nomads:

Athrin is a Mechanim at heart- he doesn't believe in what the Nomads do, and he likely never will. For Sori, he's tried to compromise, yet whenever he looks at her, he sees who she could be as a Mechanim. The Nomads, to him, seem cowardly, an opinion that'll stay with him his whole life.

Appearance:

Despite his endearing personality, Athrin is not one with soft looks. It may be influenced by his mechanical upbringing, desert life, or simply genetics. It could be a combination of the three, as it likely is. He's built sturdily at 6', with large bones- unlike many lean men and women, his bones are much less likely to break, being slightly bigger than average as they are. He's lean, yet not lanky or disproportionate, being covered in a surprisingly thick, but often undermined, layer of muscle from head to toe.

Atop a strong neck, he has a diamond-shaped, narrow face. His hair and eyebrows are pitch-black, framing what one would be first to recognize: amber eyes. Narrow and almond-shaped, they're a brilliant shade of orange-gold, accentuated from true amber into something wonderfully stunning. At rest, he seems as if he looks through you; not so much to your soul, or at you, but as if you were never there in the first place.

His nose is straight and pointed, matching a broad yet sharp chin and high, visible cheekbones. His hair is short, messy and slicked, greased into his own style with his oil-covered hands. With wide but thin lips, he smiles often; broad and jovial, his smile makes his eyes sparkle. There's nothing particularly special about his teeth, only that they're slightly cleaner than the majority. He has a lover, you know.

This man always seems to have a sort of glow about him. Some speculate his honey-golden skin tone so rich as to cause it's own radiance, others believe it's the tone of the sun living within him. In any case, he's handsome, looking much like what a Mayan may have seen as a sun god, especially while having surprisingly deft fingers for large hands.

As for tattoos? Only one. It starts small, as a line running down his wrists, going on the underside of his arms to his back, where they join to become a tattoo that moves with his joints: a large machine, wrapping around his shoulderblades to stripe across the top of them, intricately decorated down to his tailbone. He wears dual gold earrings in his left ear- after all, why not?

What he will wear, commonly, is his sand-colored clothes, oilstained enough to seem gray or, at times, black. The cloth coverings consist of a longer shirt and thicker pants, clasped at the bottom by wraps and desert boots. On his arms are long wraps beneath fingerless gloves, helping him do better work with the protection. A dirt brown scarf, emblazoned with red, wraps around his neck- and occasionally his head- to guard from sandstorms. In the wintertime, he has cloth easily wrapped around himself to stay warm in the frigid weather.

Personality:

Athrin is, in some ways, an enigma. He likes to talk, but doesn't do it often, making it evident to anyone who knows him that he's more of a thinker, living inside his own head. He's imaginative, and a bit of a dreamer; often, when by himself, he can be found staring into the distance, as if he can just make out what he sees in the future. Working with his hands is something he enjoys doing, and at the simple mention of a mechanical issue, he'll walk over and do his best to fix it, being a person who doesn't mind getting to help. And, in fact- he likes helping people. Yet, because of his willingness, many people may discount it for stacking favors from others.

He has a rough side; more, it's a sense of determination, a need- a drive- to finish things, to make it through and tough it out. If there's a challenge, he'll get to doing it and laugh afterwards, if only to instill a sense of wisdom with people who'd rather not be corrected. If no one else wants to do something, he'll do it. It's this sense of "we can't abandon what needs to get done" that often drives him to do what he does, taking leadership while others back down.

He likes to dance. He likes the feel of the cool night air on his skin, and the smell of the fire in the dark nights. He's needy; if he were left alone in the Ocean of Dunes, he'd go mad trying to find his way back to the people he once knew. He's blunt, recognizing when others' thoughts are in someone's head and reminding them who they are, or who they want to be. There are no expectations from him, no judgement, only a companion with a loud and common laugh.

Does this make him a pushover? No, absolutely not. If someone threatens him, he always seems to know what to say- even when to go to arms, if he has to. He's more than willing to be the first to a fight, to root himself against that which tries to make him, or who he considers his people, nothing. He wouldn't back down if his life depended on it, instead, trying to change whatever causes his life to depend on it.

He does get angry, but when he does, it's often taken out on small things he finds or builds in his free time, turning them into things that could cut, saw, or destroy sparse and already dead vegetation. When that runs out of excitement, he'll lie on the sand, and dream about a life free from the endless desert. Very set in his ways, he doesn't always agree with what the Nomads say, but is willing to overlook it, if just for Sori.

Sand Crawler Appearance:

Athrin's Sand Crawler is his own, for certain. It's the dark color of dirt, sitting high above the ground with large wheels. Yet it still sits low enough for close combat- who knows when he might need to take out his khopesh? The frame is built out of jet black steel poles, giving the rig a firm structure. It has no doors, and no windows; but it does have a roof, specifically made for the heavy rains. The rig is, essentially, flip-proof- the wheels are set farther away from the rig, so it's more square in form. If it does flip, a system's installed for the wheel axes to separate; the rig is built to split in the middle, with the back- where he sits- to automatically right itself.

A thin but sturdy few metal sheets cover the entire underside of the rig, giving it a lip at all the edges, and a ram in the front and back. This prevents sand from getting into the engine while giving easy removable access to the chassis. For the rain, the rig can stretch, hydraulics and frame able to be pumped up to whatever extension needed based on the size of the flood. Tools and spare parts are attached to the frame for easy access when necessary. There are a strip of lights directly above the front ram, two on the edges able to flip around to the rear so he can see what's behind him, if he needs to.

There are hidden weapons all around the rig- a saw, powered by the engine, that takes the place of the rams. Spikes on the hubcaps, blades behind the movable lights... what you'd expect. It's fully equipped for whatever situations come to pass, especially in cases of war or emergency.

As for a personal touch? He runs his rig as a manual, with levers controlling the rams, lights, and metal sheet underneath. The gas and brake are one pedal: the gas goes back to a limit, and then it starts to brake, depending on how much of a lead foot he can have. There is a pendant attached to the left side of the frame, one that his father gave to him. It was his mother's. A Warhound is etched into the front- a symbol of the Marvors. A Komodo Rhino.

The tires are covered in removable spikes, meant to dig into the sand for better traction. This- his whole rig- is something Athrin is extremely proud of.

Affiliations:

Athila Marvor | Mother | Deceased | The person he got his... well, everything, from.

Qalikath Marvor | Father | Alive? | The person who raised him- he's incredibly close to his father, but still distances himself from becoming like him.

Ilira Sirain | Aunt | Alive? | She's... the only one he knows willing to tell him stories of when his mother was young. He used to sit for hours, listening to all the trouble they'd gotten themselves into.

Sori Hema Rye Khoroushi | Lover | Alive | He would lay down his life for Sori, more than a hundred times, or a thousand, or all that would threaten her life. He cares for her deeply, even if she may not know it.

Weapons:

A khopesh and smaller version of the chakram, the chakri, two on each arm.

Strengths:

Mechanics | Whatever mechanical challenge you show Athrin, he's got it down. Just look at his rig. He knows how to handle most common issues with machines- and if they're not as common, then it's a wonderful learning opportunity.

Fighting | Just like his mother, he knows how to fight, and can do it well. It may not exactly be his most treasured skill, but it's still something he's glad to have, and he knows is useful.

Intelligence | He has a way about him... a sense that seems to make him look and act intelligent. This intelligence is natural to him, something he's willing to work with and use, but not boast on.

Weaknesses:

Mounts | Mounts don't like Athrin. Perhaps they know he's a true Mechanim, or maybe they don't like him being with their Nomadic princess. Either way, any time he's even near one, he's likely to get "accidentally" kicked. Occasionally, he gets thrown off, if he tries to ride a mount.

Bluntness | He is not one to speak softly about something, instead, telling how it is. He has a hard time getting along with many, and has likely started scuffles, as they don't like his "difficult" perspective.

Speed | Because of his rig, he has a tendency to not do a lot of running- and, as a result, is slow. If he were in a marathon, his height would keep him from being last- but he'd be far from first.

Backstory:

Athrin never knew his mother. He heard stories about her- a brave Mechanim, fighting against the Nomads whenever they intruded, or wherever they chose to start a battle. She was seen as a hero, to him- Athila Marvor, Mechan warrior, self-proclaimed leader of their warriors, and an astounding mechanic. Somehow, he knows this is where he got what he loves from; this mysterious woman, this secret saint. How she loved campfires, how she loved wild things and cold nights and let music just take hold of how she moved.

It's a shame; she died when he was only a few months old. He was left with his father, a man who'd challenge him, who'd push him to always be someone better while not letting a negative act go unpunished. He had little expectations for his son, the only one being that he should be a good mechanic, just like his mother. "Just like your mother." He looked like her. He sounded like her. He was good at the things she was, and even acted like her. He was named after her, for goodness sake. His father would speculate if he was even his son; Athrin seemed to have picked up very little qualities from his father.

When he was 18, he went out into the Ocean of Dunes- by himself- to find an Oasis. In his family, it was a rite of passage; making it there and back alone, alive, was what made their family so resilient. This... this is where he met Sori. It wasn't really a "meeting"- he saw her from across the Hidden Oasis, and she may or may not have seen him. He... wasn't sure. But, since then, he started to frequent both Oases, taking any chance he could to see her, to know who she was.

Once, his father followed him, curious about his activities. He found out about his being smitten with Sori, and appointed a chaperone to him, one that would ensure he never went to see her- or, if he did, that he'd stay distanced. Naturally, it failed. He gained a friend, and- over time- a lover. They both knew that if they were found out, nothing good would come out of it. So he came up with a plan: they'd go to the Greenland.

He decided to take his best friend, (to be considered), and a few of his childhood acquaintances who wanted a better life for themselves. The rest is history.

Other:

You know what this partially reminds me of? Divergent. That Desert Wasteland mirrors what's past the wall, but less... alien-esque.

Edited at December 7, 2021 09:35 AM by Ebanon
Dead World | Post-Apocalyptic Rp | Open!December 5, 2021 11:42 PM

Imperial Sands

Darkseeker

Give Award
Just a reminder. Mechanims should be using the Mech form. ^^
Dead World | Post-Apocalyptic Rp | Open!December 7, 2021 12:46 AM

Imperial Sands

Darkseeker

Give Award
Just a reminder that for weaknesses, I would like to see two physical weaknesses, or one mental and one physical, to keep characters balanced. ^^
I'm going to accept Wren and Styx.
Since I do view Claustrophobia as a Mental Weakness. I also like your physical disadvantage for wren in hand to hand because of an old injury.
Styx being blind and relying on other senses kind of comes with its own natural perks and disadvantages. I imagine she would be relatively sensitive to scents and sounds.
Dead World | Post-Apocalyptic Rp | Open!December 7, 2021 09:53 AM

Ebanon

Darkseeker

Give Award

This... I'd finish it, but I'm out of time. Finished Athrin! :D Just wanted to get this up-

Syralria Hoateth
"Quote"

Twenty-three | Female | Nomad | Hunter

Thoughts on the Mechs:

Appearance:

Personality:

Mount:

Konathri

Affiliations:

Weapons:

Strengths:

Weaknesses:

Other:

-----------------------------------

Konathri

Male | Six Years

Appearance:

©223996

Personality:

Agressive. Very, very agressive.

Attributes:

Retractable Claws | The claws on his four feet have the ability to retract- however, he keeps the claws on his front paws out at almost all times.

Adaptability | Kho can survive in almost any climate, having blood in him of animals naturally hardly and easily surviving.

Strengths:

Senses | Kho's senses remarkable. If he tried, he could see across the whole desert to the nearest oasis noticed by only one tree, or hear the wingbeat of a fly from a hundred feet away. It's his skill, one might say.

Strength | While not his greatest strength, being physically strong is something that he can use to his advantage, easily. It helps, when fighting against rigs.

Resilience | He is resilient, in both mind and body. No one can move him to do anything he won't willingly do, and he can withstand the harsh changes in temperatures easier than most.

Weaknesses:

Aggressiveness | Kho is unspeakably agressive, willing to use his lethal jaws, head, or speed to hurt anyone who isn't Aria, even if she tells him not to (which, she normally doesn't).

Aria | If anyone so much as looks at her, he'll be ready to charge and snap their neck off with his jaws. Before Aria talks to anyone in the morning, do you know the first thing she does? She takes an hour, muzzles him, and remains to comfort him until he's calm.

Strength | While his strength is something extremely useful, it's also dangerous. His strength is famed for knocking other riders off their warhounds, obliterating tents, and destroying supplies. As such, he is stationed far from camp and the other warhounds.

Other:

Kho is less like a warhound, and more like a partner. A very aggressive, very possessive partner. He sees women stare at Aria, he'll growl, if men stare, he'll run and snap at them menacingly. He does not like to share her. So... don't try. Or if you do, watch out for Konathri.

Edited at December 10, 2021 03:21 PM by Ebanon
Dead World | Post-Apocalyptic Rp | Open!December 7, 2021 05:57 PM

Mother

Darkseeker

Give Award
Koda's finished as well
Dead World | Post-Apocalyptic Rp | Open!December 10, 2021 04:04 AM

Imperial Sands

Darkseeker

Give Award
Athrin is accepted. As is Koda.

Forums > Roleplay > Sign-Ups